[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird WWI thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: p0208hl2.jpg (378KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
p0208hl2.jpg
378KB, 1600x899px
>Spring, 1919
>Outside Tongres, Belgium
>A platoon of men and a tank of the British Army have bivouacked in a copse of trees.
>Their assignment was to push forward and form an encirclement around the city of Liege, which was currently inhabited by a German army.
>That assignment has gone awry.
>The everyone has fallen ill and a number have died.
>Those who did not die, deserted.
>All that remains are the crew of the Medium Mark C tank “Jimmy”
>Lt. James Moriarty, Pvt. James Litely, Pvt. James Headway, and Pvt. James Smith
>The Officer, the Medic, the Engineer, and the Driver
>After burying the bodies and having a moment of silence, the crew continue down the road.
> After a few minutes, they come across a dead German officer.
>He has orders relaying that the German army in Liege is to retreat to a defensive line on the German border.
>Seeing these orders, they decide to cut the rail line back to Germany and attack any trains that come down.
>When they arrive at the rail line, however, they see a train stopped on the tracks.
>The train is full of dead Germans, from whom they get a better idea of the situation.
>A German Colonel has a letter he was writing to home.
>It states that he is worried about the sickness that is fast spreading among the army and comments that the British must have it too “as artillery has ceased its incessant shelling two days ago.”
>They liberate an MP18 from the train and decide to head into Liege, believing they could secure a German surrender due to the fact the Germans are so sick they cannot even clear the rail line.
>They stop for the night at a burned down farmhouse, in whose cellar they find a dead civilian family and some jars of preserves.
>They enjoy the preserves.
>>
>>51096892
>The next day starts with a heavy mist which transitions into a heavy rain.
>This prevents them from seeing what they are running over for a while.
>The road is carpeted in dead bodies; soldier, civilian, horse.
>They enter Liege and see movement from the window of a boarded up house.
>They call for the inhabitants to come out. A white flag appears and the door opens, a figure beckoning them inside.
>Inside the house, there are 10 German soldiers, 2 Belgian civilians, and a lone Austro-Hungarian soldier.
>All of them are armed with rifles. In addition there is a Maxim gun and an MP18.
>The Officer and the Medic enter. They state they are there to accept the surrender of German forces within the town.
>The Colonel in charge tells the Brits that he will gladly surrender, but he will not relinquish his weapons.
>They inquire as to why, and he informs them that those who died from the flu are not necessarily resting and that they mostly come at night…mostly.
>In addition, there may be isolated pockets of soldiers and civilians left in the city.
>The tank crew ask if the Germans have any motor transport.
>The Colonel tells them that yes, they do, but it is at the Motor Pool in another part of the city where there is an even larger concentration of the things as well as something more terrible.
>There is also a supply dump on the edge of the city that contains ammunition and gasoline.
>They decide to wait for daybreak and then travel to the Motor Pool in order to gather transport for the surrendering inhabitants.
>>
>>51096911
>During the night, a group of 8 zombies and a monstrous conglomeration of human corpses shamble towards the boarded up house.
>The conglomeration slams against the windows of the house, breaking one of the barricades and using its many limbs, some of which still hold weapons, to fire into the broken window.
>The zombies, meanwhile, attack the tank, which proceeds to crush them under its treads while pouring machine gun fire into the monstrosity.
>The hideous thing dies and, for the moment, they are safe.
>>
bump for intrest, brains to mush to respond propperly.
>>
>>51096892
While potentially interesting, is this /tg/ related at some point? Was this a game OP played or something?
>>
>>51097720
If not, it's a good idea for a scenario. It's fitting.
>>
File: albert1er-roi-des-belges[1].jpg (39KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
albert1er-roi-des-belges[1].jpg
39KB, 355x500px
>WWI thread
I forgot about it in the previous thread, but can we take the opportunity to talk about Albert I, King of the Belgians (not King of Belgium, Belgium has no king) and unsung hero of the Western Front?

>Already starts his career as a generally good person, being openly pious, loved by his people and famous for transferring the Congo Free State from private property of the royal family (with all the horrid consequences that came with it, see Leopold II) to part of the Belgian government's jurisdiction
>Could've easily rolled over and let the German army pass through his lands and enter France, but he stood firm and famously declared "Belgium is a nation, not a road"
>Even as the Belgian government went into exile in France, Albert stayed behind
>Not in some cozy chalêt far from the front where he was served caviar between meals, he personally led his troops in, among others, the siege of Antwerp
>He spent time among his men in the trenches, fighting with them
>Rumor had it the Germans so respected him, they were orderd not to fire at him on the pain of punishment
>(Perhaps naïvely so) tried to formulate a piece between the Entente and Central Powers on the "no victors, no vanquished" principle

There are very few historical kings who fit the romantic image of the wise and peaceloving yet stern warrior-king who loves peace while being prepared for war, but I think Albert fits that image very well. Because of this reason, I think playing a WW1 campaign from the Belgian perspective (perhaps as close confidants of Albert I) might be interesting. As far as I'm concerned Albert I was the last king (or monarch in general) worthy of his title.
>>
>>51097720
yeah, I started a thread about it and people liked it but it fell off the front page.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.