[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 52

File: 1483581858809.jpg (218KB, 1259x812px) Image search: [Google]
1483581858809.jpg
218KB, 1259x812px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Let the pain end edition. How did your characters die?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>51084661
>>
>>51095920
My character died when her village got mindcontrolled somehow into a mad frenzy for some kinda negative energy orb, climbing over each other and each other's corpses to get to it.

She's the one who made it there first.

She got better. Arguably.
>>
File: 150423-Blog-PZO1131.jpg (441KB, 1744x2627px) Image search: [Google]
150423-Blog-PZO1131.jpg
441KB, 1744x2627px
Kyra is cute
>>
>>51095962

What happened when she touched it?
>>
My Inquisitor died when he was caught and executed for murder. He had staged a murder similar to a string of killings that had happened at the hands of a cult in his city hoping that the city he was in would invite his Inquisition to come investigate so he could then begin purging the magic users of the city in secret.
>>
>>51095920
No idea, I quit.
Probably "lol so everything he did never happened and his character was just an NPC that got raped and you guys looted, he never roleplayed anyways because I was ignoring him when he was which counts as him not doing it, you guys gain a level".

or something along those lines.

In a different time, in a different group, I had far more spectacular (well, to those studying the new painting on the wall or the way someone fell to their death, anyways) demises. Those were fun and memorable.
>>
File: 1394124011827.jpg (55KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1394124011827.jpg
55KB, 500x738px
>>51095920
>How did your characters die?

Burned to death by a pair of surprise round flamethrowers manned by goblins. Turns out the DM built that trap explicitly for my character, because I'm the big tough tank and the DM took my high HP as a challenge.

Turns out even the tanks can die. The DM wasn't expecting this. He wasn't expecting it so much, that when I declared my character was dead he started bargaining with me about how I could be in "critical condition" or "there's ways to bring you back."

In the end, it was the rest of the party begging me to come back that I did, albeit with hideous burn scars and a severe disgust towards all things fire. That character only lasted two more sessions until the Fire Gnome Alchemist played by an energetic 16 year old did as he always does and chucked his AoE bombs into combat with me in the blast radius, claiming "who cares, he can take it."

My character ended up driving his bastard sword through that Gnome's gut, causing a huge ruckus that wound up killing all forward momentum for the campaign.
>>
File: Kingdom Death x Pathfinder.png (4MB, 2528x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Death x Pathfinder.png
4MB, 2528x1003px
>>51095969
Well, she can be. Look at how she's rocking this finger jacket.
>>
>>51095976
Everyone else died. And so did she.

She woke up an unknown time later as some kinda undead plant thing. Everyone else was still dead though.
>>
>>51095920
Was fighting an iron golem that our jackass mage had managed to power up by throwing a fireball at it--when the GM had described it absorbing fire from the surrounding area--I lured it out onto a pier and let the rest of the party start targeting the pier itself to drop us into the water.

Took one round too long and my guy got his chest caved in, but at least they managed to drop the pier. The golem just died instantly in a pillar of steam.
>>
>>51095920
Reign of Winter one of the first encounters was a bunch of faeries and they all opened with Color Spray.
>>
>>51096008

That doesnt sound fun.

>>51096062

>undead plant thing

Cool
>>
>>51095920
>How did your characters die?
You know how Vital Strike isn't very good? Yeah, it's pretty good when it's a Mythic Rune Giant cutting you clean in half.
>>
>>51096085
Yeah, DM's pretty accommodating about wierd stuff, even if the actual effects of it are super fucking vague. Dude's one of those 'perpetually at least low-key sick, terrible sleep schedule' types.

But yeah, I just offhandedly mentioned undead plantpeople one time and he was like 'I can make this work'

I mean, on an actual mechanical level, her racial abilities are actually pretty fucking appalling. But oh well.
>>
>>51095920
>good image
>good question
Stay and never go.
>>
File: 1482888267434.jpg (208KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1482888267434.jpg
208KB, 510x624px
>>51096150

You know there's the chance you stand amongst the minority, right?

Stop getting so mad about anime images, friend. Just let it happen~
>>
>>51096121
Vital Strike gets a lot better the larger your base damage dice are.

Speaking of, second most embarrassing character death- half-orc paladin bitten in half by a mythic hippopotamus he thought was a log.
>>
>>51096058

>Dat Seoni
>Valeros looking heroic for a change
>Merisiel looking like something more than a freaky beady-eyed monster
>Kyra... You do you

How can Kingdom Death do in one image that Paizo was unable in a hundred?
>>
>>51096150

I try. Usually the old thread doesnt make it to page 8 so I can post.
>>
>>51096150
Seconded.
>>
>>51096196
By not having a shitty artist?
>>
>>51096196
KD has a much bigger budget for art, and needs a lot less in the way of writers.
>>
>>51096058
>paizodrones see their characters rendered by someone other than Wayne Reynolds and start coming buckets
It's not that Kingdom Death art is particularly good, it's that their art coming from the dogshit awful hack who has plagued TTRPGs for nearly two decades now.
>>
File: Harribel Belly.jpg (140KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Harribel Belly.jpg
140KB, 846x1024px
>The Pok'tel Empire once ruled over an archipelago of eighteen islands for 1,000 years, achieving its zenith from years 450 to 780
>Then it went into what many thought was a decline, as it gave up its coastal holdings and gradually vanished from sight altogether
>The Pickleweed Confederacy is made up of thirteen city-states and has rapidly developed a maritime tradition, its neandertal, human, oread and undine citizens forming into sortition-based assemblies and elected councils
>One extremely rotund oread by the name of Zoa Jadebelly has amassed great wealth from "adventuring" (steamrolling) the Dog Rider Plains of the exotic south
>That wealth now fuels her research into a ship that will take her to the remains of the Pok'tel Empire
>Some in the Pickleweed Confederacy see the only result of her journey as the return of an Empire often remembered only in nightmares
>The PCs find themselves being approached by Zoa's agents one evening
>The next evening, a neandertal approaches them with a counter-offer
>One PC keeps seeing a strange ship on the horizon, and every dream involves a step pyramid carved from quartz,every level ringed by flowing water and greenhouses...
>>
File: 1479202340497.jpg (271KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479202340497.jpg
271KB, 720x1000px
>>51096190
He's not among the minority though.
>>
>>51096194
It also had Mythic Vital Strike, which means Vital Strike is just about doubling your damage, instead of only your damage dice.
>>
>>51096196
I rather like how Kyra looks. She's got that proper pointy look that egyptianesque makeup tends to produce.

>>51096261
It can be multiple things.

I mean, it's not like Reynolds art is the ONLY THING EVER that people have seen, they HAVE things to judge KD art against other than him.
>>
I hear that armorist is shit. Does Symbiotic Knight archetype help offset any of the weaknesses?

How good is Shifter? How east is it to do a viable natural attack build with it?
>>
>>51096261
WAR has some good art, but it's usually reserved for non-human creatures, or at least when the humans are very small and/or far away.
>>
>18-20/x2
vs.
>19-20/x3

I, for one, prefer the first. It does less damage on average, it does extra damage more consistently.
>>
>>51096190
There's also a chance you're actually a duck.
>>
File: 1442368790808.jpg (108KB, 723x976px) Image search: [Google]
1442368790808.jpg
108KB, 723x976px
>>51096306

Pic related is also official Paizo art.

Honestly, Wayne Reynolds is one of the biggest reasons I had trouble immersing myself into the setting or campaigns. The world and lore are serviceable enough, but that godawful hyper-detailed vaguely pulp comic look they had going for so long made me see the system in *all* the wrong lights.
>>
I can't help but still worry that the popularity of PoW is going to push me out of the running for games that allow it. I don't really like any of what the Warlord or Warder it has to offer as much as, say, Paladin or Swashbuckler or Cavalier, but the TIIIIEEEEERS argument makes me feel like I might as well not bother applying if I'm never going to be as good as anybody else in the party at skills, combat, or even just my character archetype.
>>
>>51096190
>anime images
>homosex loli fetish bait wank material
These are not the same.
>>
working on Culdranth's abilities.

So far ideas are.
miltimind: Queen Culdranth rolls initiative 5 times. First roll is her main initiative., the rest are her other heads. Main initiative acts as normal, other subsequent initiatives get standard actions.

Mutable: Queen Culdranth can assume the special abilities and breath weapons of any dragon as a swift action once per minute. The strength of these abilities is equivalent to a dragon two age categories younger than her.

Lethargy curse: if queen Culdranth does not move or doesn't receive damage for three rounds, one of her heads fall asleep. This repeats until all extra heads are asleep. If it continues she becomes staggered. Moving 20 feet or taking 10 damage cures this.

>51095920
M
>>
>>51096368
No one IRL plays PoW.
>>
>>51096076
>fairies opening up with Color Spray to tell you that spring will never be here

Is this real life?
>>
>>51096387
If you're going to give her stats or abilities, might not want to post about them. Chances are somebody's going to start building their character specifically to take her out.
>>
>>51096261

It's actually because Kingdom Death isn't tangled up in that freaky hellscape of "we're sex-negative but we're actually huge perverts but we need to not offend anyone" that Paizo suffers from.

It's all about being clear with your commissions and having an honest vision of the end product. Paizo doesn't, Kingdom Death does.
>>
>>51096402
True, but I don't have the time or connections to play IRL more than once every few months, so I gotta stick with Roll20.
>>
>>51096387

Culdranth should not have abilities.

She's a quest-giver and fuck-buddy, not your foe!
>>
>>51096409
KD also has a much smaller product in general.
>>
>>51096368
Welcome to Pathfinder and 1pp martials
Though, Paladin isn't bad, and in terms of damage and saves it can still perform adequately in the same competency ballpark as the PoW classes.
Or you could just wait for Spheres of Might

>>51096402
My group does. We got a Bushi, after testing through a ZweiSen, and he fulfills his role as major damage dude very well, and the player is glad h can do stuff in combat that isn't full attack.
Granted, said player is still not the best at RP, but he's not the best at optomizing either, and he has the rest of us to help him make his character and to drag him into RP scenarios.

And he's definitely having more fun than when said character was just a Sword Saint Samurai.
>>
>>51096423

Just because she's promiscuous doesn't mean she'll be fuck buddies with just anyone! At least that's what I assume.
>>
>>51096409
"Sex-negative?" I always assumed Paizo would be protesting (loudly) that they're "sex-positive" since that's usually a big SJW thing--say you're all for sex and how healthy it is to have a sex drive, when what you mean is that it's okay for certain people (usually either your personal clique or women in general) to want more sex but for anybody else it's evil and icky.
>>
>>51096409
Kingdom Death is a much more focused game in general - It knows what it wants to do so has a lot of focus. Pathfinder attempts to be everything at once to appeal to the widest audience
>>
>>51096459
Pazio doesn't give a fuck about "sex-whatever", they just don't want to be a convenient target for the legbeards who hate fun and games.

We have had multiple hour-long meetings on this.
>>
>>51096368
>>51096452

Is PoW that good?

Also for anyone who has a problem with it: Why? It seems fun, and good. What problems do full initiators bring?
>>
>>51096347
Yup. For all those times when you're rolling 15 or 16, definitely worth doing less damage.
>>
I need to find a game where I can play a cleric of Lamashtu and -really- get into it.
>>
File: POW bingo.png (57KB, 910x1107px) Image search: [Google]
POW bingo.png
57KB, 910x1107px
>>51096492
150 damage pounce at level 5.
>>
File: 1470917094026.png (213KB, 508x807px) Image search: [Google]
1470917094026.png
213KB, 508x807px
>>51096492
>Is PoW that good?

Right now, no, because Broken Blade, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, etc. are totally shitting everything up with more low and mid level damage than anything Paizo.

God damn.

You can be a barbarian with maneuvers.
>>
>>51096452
See, I can have fun playing a martial. I don't mind full attacking, I'm good with not trying to snag the spotlight *all* the time.

But when I fear that most GMs are only going to look at stats and say "TIER 4 REEEE" regardless of who presented story hooks and personality, I feel like I might as well get a different hobby.
>>
>>51096494

Molthune Knights, Dragons and maybe Rise of the Jade Regent might work.

Hell, Rise of the Jade Regent might be an interesting one since you're effectively wiping out a rival cleric (Nualia) and taking over her job, only this time focused on breeding and midwifery more than the whole Nightmare Murder thing.
>>
>>51096492
PoW is, in general, quite good.

Most of the detractors that haven't really looked it over and are just on the bandwagon say "it's over PoWered" which is a nice little Portmanteau, even if it's not really true. low level initiators tend to be stronger than standard classes, yes, but that's a pretty low bar, and they don't scale as hard as casters.

The other side that actually has some level of truth to it is that PoW characters have answers to basically everything, which can make it difficult for GMs to challenge the players without doing a PoW based arms race.
>>
>>51096492
For me, it's mostly that I don't want to have to learn a new language and keep looking up what are functionally spells just to fight.

I feel it's not Path of War itself that irks me, just the toxic atmosphere some of its fans tend to create. You know the ones, the guys who staunchly defend this niche of Pathfinder's material, but then when questioned on why the numbers are so important, they whirl around and say Pathfinder is shit and shouldn't be played for fun or roleplaying.
>>
>>51096459

We're talking about a company that explicitly removed "brothels" and replaced them with "dancing halls" in Kingmaker because they thought it was too "sexual."
>>
>>51096519
>implying havng a tier-4 damage dealer isn't a huge boon to a tier 2 sorcerer.
Sometimes I just want something dead without spending six spells or all of my mental energy.
>>
>>51096518
>You can be a barbarian with maneuvers.
You keep saying this, but Primal Disciple Barbarian is still not much of an improvement of standard Barbarian.
I mean, they can't even get Spell Sunder, and it doesn't stack with any of the other fun archetypes.
>inb4 you can feat your rage powers
to that I say, why the fuck would you waste feats on that when you are already feat starved in the first place?
>>
>>51096510

But damage like that doesn't matter when there are low level spells that make interacting with HP sub optimal.

Okay, I won't shit post anymore, I'm sorry.

On a more serious note, how do I do 150 damage pounce at level fucking 5? Shit.
>>
>>51096589
Broken Blade + something
>>
>>51096519
Anon, you and said GMs don't understand how Tiers work.
Tier 1-2 is bad design. You WANT the game to be comfortable in the T4-3 camp, since it gives everyone a chance to specialize, be good at their job, and still not be completely useless outside of their niche but still require group diversification
>>
>>51096459
>when what you mean is that it's okay for certain people (usually either your personal clique or women in general) to want more sex but for anybody else it's evil and icky.

Is this why Merisiel and Kyra have maintained an adorable relationship in the comics, but Valeros consistently fails at picking anybody up and is usually the butt of jokes for it?
>>
>>51096638
Yeah, that is literally the exact reason for it.
>>
>>51096568
That came from reciprocity, mostly. For every "it's totally fine to be doing 3d6+power-attack+strength twice a turn at level 1" There were also "fighter can get dimension door that's broken it's not even mundane". There was a *LOT* of screaming.

Eventually, PoW fans won out over here, while its detractors won out on the paizo forums.
>>
>>51096614
Well, I'm glad somebody thinks so. I'm fairly glad I don't know how tiers work, honestly--I'd rather not think about power levels when I'm thinking about what class I want to play, like it's fucking DBZ or some shit.
>>
>>51096638
>monogamous relationship is superior to being a slut
...are you upset with this or not?
>>
File: 1449344763252.png (361KB, 473x675px) Image search: [Google]
1449344763252.png
361KB, 473x675px
>>51096685

Are you suggesting there's anything wrong with being a slut?
>>
I mean, I'm scared about playing a Fighter or Rogue since those are Tier 5 and will be outshined. Even UnRogue will be outshined, except slightly less easily. I like feeling as if my actions DO have a positive impact for the party instead of just being some random mook.
>>
>>51096673
Tiers=/=power

We really should re-name them.

Its more of a "how much narrative influence can I exert without the DM setting it up for me"
>>
>>51096332
Armorist is too slow at doing the things it wants to do, and doesn't get enough magic to make up for it. Shifter is a great natural attacker build, it's similar in tier and function to the 3.5 totemist.
>>
>>51096701
Only if you're a gross slut.
>>
What is the greatest class/archetype combo for a detective in Gestalt.

Investigator/Rogue with rogue going into Sleepless Detective?

What rogue/investigator archetypes though? Phantom Thief for rogue? Empiricist/Conspirator for Investigator? Maybe Sleuth as well?
>>
>>51096720
What do you want to shine at? Sneaky combat damage? You can try playing a Slayer, that's solid Tier 4.
>>
>>51096338
Wayne Reynolds is the Rob Liefeld of fantasy art.
>>
>>51096757
investigator/inquisitor
>>
File: 1435284601694.jpg (85KB, 494x693px) Image search: [Google]
1435284601694.jpg
85KB, 494x693px
>>51096673
>I'm fairly glad I don't know how tiers work, honestly
Anon, that's not a good thing.
Tiers work on everages, and should be used by GMs and players to know what the everage power level of the game will be to help them change things around and alter scenarios so that EVERYONE at teh table can contribute evenly and so that problems are fixed before they happen.

They exist so that the players can be conscious of not overshadowing the other players, and so that DMs can change things around so that the Wizard doesn't take the game over while the Core Monk faps sadly in the corner.

Tiers are not about Power. Its not "Power Level" persay, its "average effective built-in Narrative Control, given everything else being equal"
>>
So I don't really like initiating. I've heard that DHB made an alternative, are they any good? Has anyone tried them out?
>>
>>51096332
The main problem with the Armorist is that it's a Gifted Blade, SoP version.

Except it gets a drastically stunted enchantment list for its gear, and instead of bladeskills, gets "okay, choose a single Bane type. You can now purchase that for your weapon enchant" talents.
>>
Was lazy princess deleted?
>>
File: 1467743799835.gif (433KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
1467743799835.gif
433KB, 350x343px
>>51096584
>You keep saying this, but Primal Disciple Barbarian is still not much of an improvement of standard Barbarian.

Level 4 vanilla barbarian vs. level 4 Primal Disciple, the Primal Disciple is 10000000x better.

Level 8 vanilla barbarian vs. level 8 Primal Disciple, the Primal Disciple is STILL better, just a bit less so.
>>
>>51096670
PoW hasn't really 'won' over here.

People bitch constantly, and I'm just not a fan in general.
>>
>>51096492
The biggest problem with PoW is that it seems like the designers thought you could solve martial problems by throwing more numbers at them, when that was never the issue to begin with. It's not bad per se, but its success has more to do with being okay in a field of crap competition than it does with it actually being "good".
>>
>>51096837
The GM's roommate used his account and his OC to make the game, then he found out and deleted it. He said he might GM it for us sometime, but not any time soon.
>>
>>51096796
I haven't tried them, but they looked okay.
M group prefers PoW, so I haven't had much of a reason to look too far into them.
Though since I plan on introducing them to SoP, I'm hoping they'll adopt SoM if its good.

Also, I try to avoid the "REEEE DHB" shitposting that gets prevelant here
>>
>>51096784
I'm worried about the Int/Wis split. Though I could just have barely enough wisdom to cast spells and use them for utility.
>>
>>51096771
But I shouldn't have to enter a different class entirely just to be a thief with good sneak attacks. I guess I can just try it, though.
>>
>>51096837
GM's housemate was using the account owner's OC to host the game, account owner found out and closed the game, said he may open it in the future but that the setting wasn't meant for use yet.
>>
>>51096863
...that sounds like an "lol hacked account" thing.
>>51096875
you don't use many of your spells offensively, at least the investigator doesn't.
>>
>>51096387
You're headed into dangerous territory.
I still remember that KODT comic where they'd found the stats for the abrahamic god.

>Are you kidding? He has 4 attacks per round and regens six per! He kicked knuckles' ass...

When you stat out major major NPCs, that means you're going to put them - consciously or not - in a position where those stats are to be used.

Next thing you know a planet-sized hammer of light powered by literal courage is being swung down at it, and there's nothing you can do unless you cheat.
>>
>>51096750

Is Valeros a gross slut?
>>
>>51096895
Given that the setting was definitely looking incomplete, it didn't seem entirely unreasonable.
>>
>I finally get to play pathfinder on Tuesday

I'M HYPE I'M HYPPEEE
>>
>>51096876
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you complaining that some classes are better than others? Yeah, it's annoying, but it's a fact of this game.

>>51096895
Possibly, but it wasn't like Lazy Princess got much attention compared to the other games that were getting circled around.
>>
>>51096406
>>51096423

Mostly just figuring out vaugly what she can do if and when d he join s you in combat against some insurmountable foe
>>
I'm currently gestalting Daring Champion with Bard and a dip in Paladin. What would I have to gain by replacing Daring Champion with, say, Warlord?

I'm not entirely sure I want to give up the flavor of it (and the opportunity to start throwing around panache) just to be able to use maneuvers that might be less sound than the relative basic bitch-ness of precise strike.
>>
>>51096921

Well, he's a fucking white male, sooooooo
>>
>>51096584
Because rage powers are almost universally better than feats anyways?
>>
>>51096796
Tiers:

Tier 2:
Lore Master Fighter

Weird caster that doesn't have spell slots but can use consumables without expending them.

Tier 3:
Mutation Master Fighter
Bootleg Alchemist Gunslinger
Wyvern Rider Cavalier

They have a lot of good utility to go with a bit of casting. Wyvern Rider is REALLY strong.

Tier 4:
Base UC Fighter
Warmaster Fighter
Bloodtainted Fighter
Base UC Gunslinger
Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger
Construct Tinkerer Gunslinger
Base UC Cavalier
Hound Master Cavalier
Knight of the Patchwork Banner Cavalier

They are all high tier 4, similar to how a vigilante is high tier 4.
>>
>>51096921
He's kind of an ethical slut, most likely to chat up a barmaid but won't hit on a girl a) who's clearly in a committed relationship or b) when they're in the middle of a battle or other crisis.

Of course, to Paizo, he's a gross ugly whore just by virtue of being a mostly-straight male.
>>
>>51097009
YOU'RE A FUCKING
WHITE
MALE
>>
>>51097012
HOLY
GRAIL
>>
>>51096978
>>51097012
Go and stay go.
>>
>>51097009
Thing is, that's what distinguishes Valeros from pic related, but they're not treated particularly differently.
>>
>>51097045
>but they're not treated particularly differently.

That's because Alain is also a fucking white male.
>>
>>51096726
Power and versatility are often synonymous in a game like Pathfinder. "I can kill it in one hit" is often functionally the same as "I can teleport around it" or "I can turn it to stone". The difference is that the latter two often work in many more situations than the first, so versatility is a direct translation to power.
>>
>>51097000
>mutation master fighter
>same tier as alchemist
yea no. they dont' actually get anything interesting.
>>
>>51097045
Probably because it'd be "problematic" for Paizo to recall that it characterized an iconic as being basically Gaston. Gotta just sweep that under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.
>>
>>51097000
Could someone link the Wyvern Rider Cavalier?
>>
>>51097045
A
FUCKING
WHITE
MALE
>>
>>51096757
Investigator and Rogue have too much overlap; you want to grab dissimilar classes with similar stat requirements in gestalt to broaden your capabilities as much as possible.
>>
>>51097077
>Gotta just sweep that under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

Except Alain has been featured in quite a bit of recent stuff, only instead of being a shameless womanizing hunk he's something of a coward.
>>
File: Griffith_film_smile.jpg (218KB, 1680x709px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith_film_smile.jpg
218KB, 1680x709px
>>51097054
>>51097089
Alain's not a dick because he's a white male, it's because he's Order of the Cockatrice. He's obligated to be a dick.
>>
>tfw not playing a Rogue (Medic archetype) prostitute who follows the party and takes care of them.
>>
>>51097075
DHB's mutation master, not the mutation warrior archetype.

>>51097088
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

DHB linked it before. It should be in the table of contents.
>>
>>51095920
Died to a Shadow in the first session when the GM didn't bother to read the bestiary page for them until after it had already drained half my Str.

He even asked me what happens when an ability score hits zero instead of just reading the Shadow's page.

The worst part is that it was a one on one campaign
>>
>>51097140
Thanks, mate,
>>
>>51097137

Make one for Rise of the Jade Regent, you'll even get the benefit of an extra class! Maybe Oracle?
>>
>>51097126
He's not obligated to be a dick, he's just obligated to recognize himself as the epitome of a personality that he is.
>>
I'm kind of triggered that the Spiritualist is obviously supposed to be the STAND class and its so bad at it
>>
>>51097126

And *why* did he become an Order of the Cockatrice?

IVORY
MASCULINE
>>
>>51097160
I'll save it for the next lewd game that comes around, RotJR has too many applicants, and by no means do I expect my concept to compete with other peoples.
>>
>>51097185
MELANIN AND ESTROGEN DEFICIENT INDIVIDUAL
>>
>>51097200
man i forgot about RotJR

but i'm in a game now so i don't care
>>
File: 1480993785464.jpg (128KB, 548x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1480993785464.jpg
128KB, 548x1170px
>>51097200
>and by no means do I expect my concept to compete with other peoples.

Why not? Run us through the concept and we could help you weave a campaign-relevant backstory!
>>
>>51097185
BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY ORDER WHICH FIT HIS ENTIRELY-WARRANTED SENSE OF IMPORTANCE.
>>
File: 1482439724410.gif (278KB, 616x398px) Image search: [Google]
1482439724410.gif
278KB, 616x398px
>>51096941
I'm actually kind of anxious for an answer on this one--is it better to dump Daring Champion for Warlord, or could I still be at least as useful to the rest of my party with the Cavalier's order and panache abilities?
>>
>>51097000
Also there is an argument to be made that the Lore Master fighter could be tier 1.

At 17th level he can cast WAY more 9th level spells than a wizard (3+wisdom modifier). But he needs scrolls to do so.
>>
>>51097233
>Run us through the concept

Well I mean, that's basically it.
>>
I don't mind if I don't get into RotJR, but I'm gonna be pissed if I, or anyone else, gets passed over for 'lul s/he got big tits/dick'
>>
>>51097275
I can't find this class.
>>
File: 1483323695580-1.png (1MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483323695580-1.png
1MB, 1280x1600px
>>51096387
So where in her ability list will it state her unnatural ability to procreate in masse?
>>
how many sessions did it take your group to book 1 of jade regent?
>>
File: 1483053496159.jpg (90KB, 794x248px) Image search: [Google]
1483053496159.jpg
90KB, 794x248px
>>51097300
Word.
>>
>>51097312
>Blue is the central head
>Blue is clearly superior.
>>
File: 1428603811917 (2).jpg (683KB, 1032x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1428603811917 (2).jpg
683KB, 1032x1458px
>>51097334
>>51097300

Who do you think will get in?

Who do you think should get in?
>>
$5 says Lazy Princess actually died because of the WW2 medic guy.
>>
I dropped out of RotJR because its the wrong day for me ayy
>>
>>51097373
Onryou

Onryou
>>
>>51097310
Its DHB's lore master fighter. The link is >>51097140. It's a weird class that gets scribe scroll/craft wand and can cast from scrolls/wands without using them up and can use his level as the CL. He gets psuedo spellcasting up to 9th level.
>>
>>51097323
About 5 or 6. One guy rolled a Zen Archer, another had a Summoner, and nobody wanted to interact with anything or anybody.

And they still gave me shit for trying to hand them plot hooks.
>LEL THE PLOT WANTS US TO GO HERE GUYS IM SO GENRE SAVVY
>god damn it why should we be expected to go adventuring
>it's not like i made this character to do anything but be a mobile damage dispenser
>oh wait

In hindsight, I'm rather satisfied that that game folded up.
>>
>>51097274
It depends on your exact build. PoW classes were specifically intended to replace other martial classes, and there wasn't really any effort made to balance them on that front, so on a case by case basis, they'll almost always be more powerful. Since you're gestalting Bard though, you'll find that your Warlord and Bard abilities will clash a lot more often than your Daring Champion abilities would, so you may be better overall sticking with your current build.
>>
>>51097334
There are more than enough applicants for multiple parties of solid well thought out characters. Or at least characters like Onryou, where there's some substance in addition to the fat tits.

>>51097373
I want to see Kyler and Seht get in.
>>
>>51097409
I'm starting DMing it on Thursday and I'm re-reading the book and I'm still not 100% sure on how to actually DM an Adventure Path. Am I really supposed to just make up everything NPCs say as long as it gets them to do the plot?
>>
>>51097185
Well actually, because he's a self-centered asshole that COMMISSIONED A GOLDEN STATUE OF HIMSELF IN A PODUNK TOWN.
The dude's got an ego the size of Azalant itself, and it doesn't ever seem to deflate.
>>
No Rinka for RotJR

rip chuuni rat
>>
File: 1470449749091.gif (550KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470449749091.gif
550KB, 728x720px
>>51097373

That girl's got really pretty eyes.
>>
>>51097373
Seven well made characters with fleshed out personalities and backstories. After the selection is made, I'd be curious to see how many of them got accepted into other games like Dragongame, Fluffy2, etc.
>>
>>51097370

Little known fact, she likes playing chess. She can beat most players in three moves.which is good because she's usually asleep by the fifth.
>>
>>51097267
>>51097455

And why does he have such a huge store of perceived self-importance?

BECAUSE HE'S A
FUCKING
WHITE
MALE
>>
>>51097434
That could work, but it's probably best if your players are nice enough people (read: not total shitbags) who are willing to give their characters reasons to go on an adventure--more specifically, this adventure.

Tell the guy with a crush that his crush needs help. Give the person with a murdered parent some evidence that the murderer might be waiting on the journey's path. That sort of shit.

And if somebody's being a snarky asshole about cliches and ZOMG ITS TEH SCRIPT kick them from the group.
>>
>>51097423
Are there multiple GMs planning on running this game for all those people?
>>
>>51097390

The day is variable, you know! The DM asked us for Availability.

>>51097495

You could say he's very privileged!
>>
>>51097464
It's the same person who's been having trouble attending HV. I'd prefer for her not to stretch herself thin.
>>51097485
Six anon. The seventh slot is the DM.
>>51097488
Then they're really bad players. Or just throwing the game so as not to annoy the dragon queen.
>>
>>51097434
Adventure Paths are basically guidebooks for running an adventure, they point you in the right direction and lay out the encounters, but they don't spell it all out for you. Nor should they.
>>
>>51097495
Puh-lease. If that was all it took, then there'd be a LOT more people as important as him!

No no no, he's important because he's Alain!
>>
>>51097488
Does she let her suitors make love to her while she's sleeping?
>>
>>51096876
Then don't? Slayer's got a tiny amount of archetypes, whereas Unchained Rogue gets all the archetypes Old Rogue got; if you want to build for nova-damage, build for it. More importantly, Slayer can't get the same level of DEX-to-Damage that UnRogue can; for instance, an UnRogue can get 1.5xDEX for using something like an Estoc, Elven Curve Blade, or Elven Branch Spear, something that to this day is wholly-unique to them and them alone.
>>
>>51097526
>>51097515
I see. Well, I hope game 1 goes well. Thanks lads.
>>
>>51097524
its probably for the best if thats the case
>>
>>51097517
Probably not.

I wish I had my schedule figured out. Since it's an AP and there's a lot less planning that goes into it I might be able to run a game. Maybe I could do it PbP.
>>
>>51096875
Could always play a Living Grimoire, now your Inquisitor spells are INT-based and come from a book that you can throw at people. Now you're a detective AND a judge!
>>
>>51097373
I'm reserving judgement for who should, but plenty of folks have a strong backstory. Oddly enough, some of the ones who got lewdposted actually look pretty solid.

The problem I fear with this is that people might start asking the GM (as a couple already have in their applications) to take on other players, which could mean that the group is partly or entirely composed of a pre-existing clique.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23KB, 337x372px
>>51097276

Friend, what if you went for a Paladin/Rogue or Oracle/Rogue.

An Oracle/Paladin of Lymnieris, the Goddess of Virginity, Prostitution and Rites of Passage.

She was little more than a harlot with a heart of gold, a large-love (and large-chested) woman that sold her body to make sure the orphans she knew didn't have to, and after one particularly rough night she gets visited by a talking cat that tells her of her greater purpose in the world (if Chosen One Paladin), or if she's Oracle a prophetic vision while laying in bed that causes her to speak in tongues during sex and combat (or some other Curse, you can get fancy with that fluff!)
>>
>>51097571
I'd play-by-post with you anon.
>>
>>51097547
While she sleeps a lot, She's not THAT heavy of a sleeper
>>
>>51097495
Now you're just baiting for replies.

You know how you hate how "SJWs" sound when they bitch and complain?

You sound the exact same way, but "ironically".

YOU are just as much of an SJW as they are.
>>
>>51097571
>>51097625

I'd PbP with you too!
>>
>>51097495
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER
WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE MALE
BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN
IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL
>>
>>51097643
>>51097625
If I get into RotJR then I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>51097634

I assume this means she's fine with a suitor "starting" while she's sleeping, and letting him have his way with her while she lays their half-asleep and groggy?
>>
File: 1483614359954.jpg (113KB, 816x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483614359954.jpg
113KB, 816x864px
>BBEG finally revealed
>he's a corrupted druid
>we have to stop him before he finishes he plan of unleashing some eldritch horrors kept beneath a forest
>he's kept us from doing so by locking us in our own nightmares
>my character died in his nightmare
>it made me a vegetable
this
MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>51097613
Not a bad idea anon, but the chances of it being accepted for RotJR are slim to none.
>>
>>51097670
I kind of imagine her having a tower-sized hookah to curl up with and take pulls from. The lore surrounding her is getting to the point where I'd have to chalk it up to narcolepsy if it wasn't drugs.
>>
>>51096338
Nope, that still suffers from Reynolds' fucktarded lighting, ANGLES, overdone contrast, and more. He's a stupid hack and he has done a lot of damage to the TTRPG industry through his enablers.
>>
>>51097670
Well that's hardly nice. She invites her lovers to her, but they're allowed to have lives. But when she wants it, you are expected to drop everything and pay attention to her.
>>
>>51097548
They can get x1.5 with any finessable weapon in two hands m8. Not just twohanded weapons.
>>
>>51097697

Both are possible. I think she was FAR more active when she was younger and had fewer heads.
>>
>>51096895
>...that sounds like an "lol hacked account" thing
Don't question it, let the GM save face from being outperformed by lewd games.
>>
File: 1460307913266.jpg (149KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1460307913266.jpg
149KB, 800x1120px
>>51097688
>but the chances of it being accepted for RotJR are slim to none.

Are you sure? Lost virtue and a stolen childhood are extremely relevant to the first book of RotJR, and this prostitute recognizing the deep-seated desires of Ameiko to go on one last grand adventure before "growing up" will resonate strongly with a woman whose entire shtick is being a defender of purity, even if she must be the one defiled to protect it.

You could totally make her a former prostitute of the Hall of Splendid Valor in Kalsgard too, if you want some further campaign relevance!

https://of-kings-and-dragons.obsidianportal.com/wikis/kalsgard#C17
>>
File: 1481346600128.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
1481346600128.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
Okay /pfg/, i need a little advice. My GM is doing gestalt and i wanna make a tanky killer robot whats good with the stabbing and bashing and such.
I already have one half of the character (an Invulnerable Rager, with Rage flavored as MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE), but im have issues with deciding on the other half
>>
File: 1465827054831.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465827054831.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>51097755
Didn't Fluffy Tails crash and burn?
>>
>>51097755
>Lewd game opens
>Dozens of apps within an hour
>Non-lewd opens
>Two apps in two days

I liked the premise, the hook wasn't as good as it could have been, but c'est la vie.
>>
>>51097760
Might I recommend a Soulknife? you can fluff the mind blade as technological hard light projections, and if you also have PoW available you could use Discipline Blade Shapes to make it into a Plasma Blade (AKA a fucking lightsaber)
>>
>>51097697
I mean I bet she does have a hookah, But I bet it does something MAGIC, like let her see in the future or something.
>>
>>51097721
Yeah, but those three weapons are the most-recognizable, seeing as most other finessable weapons aren't worth two-handing.
>>
>>51097758
Honestly, I really would love to, I'm just too late to the party now. Sure applications don't close for basically another week, but a hastily written character with a poorly optimized sheet submitted in the last couple days is definitely not getting in.
>>
>>51097857
>>51097697
>>51097697

Stealing like a street urchin.
>>
File: 1474610277306.jpg (30KB, 396x559px) Image search: [Google]
1474610277306.jpg
30KB, 396x559px
>>51097420
My basic idea was to use Archaeologist for the Bard side, and focus on buffing and support spells.

Since GM approved the pre-errata version of Daring Champion, I'm going to be going for some feats that can let me use Opportune Parry and Riposte to greater effectiveness, and tentatively going Order of the Dragon as I want to be able to grant extra actions later.

And my feat plan is mostly tied up with getting an improved familiar through Eldritch Heritage and then running through the Dimensional feat chain to Dimensional Dervish at later levels.

I could probably still fit in a Martial Training feat or something if I needed to, but I'm erring on the side of my brain that says it's probably be more useful to the party to stack precise strike, challenge, and other bonuses than it would be to just use maneuvers to tack on more dice.
>>
>>51097891
>poorly optimized
Onryou is one of the most popular characters, and she's basically two monks gestalted, which doesn't make her very optimized.

>>51097896
No offense.
>>
File: 1428878991939.jpg (94KB, 471x650px) Image search: [Google]
1428878991939.jpg
94KB, 471x650px
>>51097891
>I'm just too late to the party now.

Oh hush, plenty of people have submitted late-stage applications before and gotten in, and you've got a whole week to write up the character!

What I suggest is to figure things out in steps; solidify the character name, art and build tonight, work on the sheet tomorrow, finish the sheet and shill here for backstory ideas on Tuesday, and then you'll find out you've got 4+ days to work on the backstory... And believe me, the DM will be looking at her just as intensively as anyone else!

So, did you have character art in mind? Anything? Have you figured out a sweet name?

If you want to make an Ulfen girl, than we need to figure out something that's sweet. How does "Kyra" sound? Kyra's cute!
>>
>>51097889
They are if you're getting x1.5
>>
>>51097946
>Onryou is one of the most popular characters, and she's basically two monks gestalted, which doesn't make her very optimized.

This, most of the popular characters aren't really that optimized at all (Onryou's two monks smashed together and Casimir's some weird one-handed ZweiSent thing with Artisan, for some instant examples.)
>>
>tfw I thought my ideas for a character were super hype and fun and now I think they are just trash
>>
>>51097896
>dragon DM has a trip now
Yay! I can bother you more regularly!
>>
>>51098026
>tfw iktf
>>
>>51097946
>popular=good
>>
>>51098070

Bronn is the murderhobo all murderhobos wish to be.
>>
>>51098077

Popularity means the character and application has something people want, and DMs usually are "people."
>>
>>51098077
It's the only metric we have. Unless you'd like to give us your perfectly objective ranking.
>>
File: f91903b903decb852454f088f9fe54fe.jpg (112KB, 654x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f91903b903decb852454f088f9fe54fe.jpg
112KB, 654x1000px
>>51097953
Name and art I can come up with pretty easily; Kyra's nice, but I think I'd be going with half-elf. Maggie, maybe.

Build's a little tougher. I've got some (unfortunately underused) books here, but I guess Rogue/Paladin sounds good?
>>
Did the heist game ever get legs or did it die on the table during conception?
>>
File: ver-gtun-jj1.jpg (207KB, 900x1253px) Image search: [Google]
ver-gtun-jj1.jpg
207KB, 900x1253px
>>51098097

>Half-elf

Pic related.

>Maggie

Are you going with an Ulfen girl, or Varisian? Ulfen is Scandinavian, so Maggie might be a bit of an unusual name in that neck of the woods.

>but I guess Rogue/Paladin sounds good?

Oh, absolutely! That would be 16(+2) 13 12 12 8 16, wouldn't it?
>>
>>51098059
Just when im not lurking
>>
>>51098087
Or their players won't stop talking about them.
>>
>>51098097

Rogue/Paladin would mean she's wearing heavy armor and wading into the thick of a fight.

Rogue/Oracle would mean she's able to stay back, healing people and wearing "normal" clothes while suffering from some sort of Curse.
>>
>>51098070

Maybe I should just stick to simple stuff. idk
>>
>all these people able to find art easily
and here i am struggling to find art for my muse-blooded aasimar soulknife that wants to travel the world observing the beauty of nature and studying the flow of magic
>>
>>51098130
Varisian I suppose, but a more Scandinavian sounding name is fine if being from the region makes more sense.

>Oh, absolutely! That would be 16(+2) 13 12 12 8 16, wouldn't it?
I dunno, would it? Why Strength over Dex or Int?
>>
>>51098129

It is dead. The DM had cold feet
>>
>>51098183

Are they a boy or a girl? Describe them to me, I might have some art!
>>
>>51098150
What if we split the difference and did rogue / oradin?
>>
>>51098150

Rogue/Oracle then. I think that fits the role I'd intended better.
>>
>>51098183

>art

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing
>>
>>51097774
If it had been kept open for longer, there may have been a better response. This holds for both fluffy 1.0 and Princess.

>>51097780
Both lewd games had plenty of talk and set In APs. Even fluffy1 and 2 took ages to get apps in. If Princess had held nerve there probably would have been some.
>>
>>51098192
she's a girl
her name's camilla
she has an older brother that's an artist
she wants to be an artist too and decided to travel the world and send him her drawings of what she sees
she also wants to understand magic and has made it her quest to map out every ley line in the entire world
as for what she wears, she usually wears a red hooded cloak that her curly black hair spills out from
>>
File: Talyssa Ravenhill.png (474KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Talyssa Ravenhill.png
474KB, 792x1008px
>>51098204
>>51098185

Strength over Dex because Strength tends to be more useful for a Paladin, but if you're going for an Oracle than Dex is absolutely your friend!

>Varisian I suppose, but a more Scandinavian sounding name is fine if being from the region makes more sense.

Well I guess this is the crunch time; do you want to be from the Land of the Linnorm Kings (Scandinavia, where blondes are king but black-hair is loved) or Varisia (the land of gypsies and Italians?)
>>
File: Belor Hemlock.png (255KB, 572x497px) Image search: [Google]
Belor Hemlock.png
255KB, 572x497px
>>51098266
Don't forget the Shoanti!
>>
File: 1471391181414.png (474KB, 624x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471391181414.png
474KB, 624x1130px
>>51098259

How's this?
>>
>>51098266
Alright, Rogue/Oracle from Varisia it is.
>>
>>51097276
She probably doesn't need to wear glasses, she just wears them to make herself appear clever.
>>
So, /pfg/, weird question!

I want to play a Harpy Bard for fun reasons! Yes, those monsters (some of whom are civil) that eat people and don't bathe too much!

How could I go about building one, focused simply on disabling enemies and buffing allies?
>>
>>51098386

Have you tried being a Strix?
>>
>>51098386
Oh, sorry, forgot to add this on: and still be accepted into cities, towns, etc without getting killed on sight?
>>
>>51098363
>Dragon Queen Culdranth wears brainy specs.

I must wife her
>>
>>51098432
First >>51098430

Second: you Should be fine as long as your with the other PCs, fine being the only word.
>>
File: 1433970600971.jpg (403KB, 746x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433970600971.jpg
403KB, 746x960px
>>51098359

Ooh, question! What are you using the Rogue half of the gestalt for, do you ever intend to be in the frontlines? If you aren't, I'd suggest a decent spread in your attributes aside from the 18 in Charisma (a prostitute needs a lot of "endurance" after all, and flexibility certainly wouldn't hurt.)

Okay, tonight isn't totally concerned with the backstory, but did you have any idea on how "tragic" or "uplifting" you wanted her to be? There's a lot of ways an ex-prostitute (or current prostitute) could find her way to Sandpoint, but it can range from "it's a pleasant place" to "she was lured in by nightmares of Lamashtu."
>>
>>51098323
Hmmm, that could work.
>>
File: e74de26deac3c5134e58a7745db599d7.jpg (474KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
e74de26deac3c5134e58a7745db599d7.jpg
474KB, 1024x1024px
>>51098259
Cloak isn't red tho...
>>
>>51098480
Be careful about Lamastu. People tend to react negatively with her and sex
>>
File: 5572d987a896a332f472dcf2411b7df9.jpg (150KB, 989x1679px) Image search: [Google]
5572d987a896a332f472dcf2411b7df9.jpg
150KB, 989x1679px
>>51098386
>>51098430
>>51098432
Kestrel from Bloodforge 1.
>>
>>51098531

Depends on how you use her in the backstory, really; if she's a nightmare-beast that haunts your dreams after getting knocked up by a client than it might be useful.

If you're using Lamashtu to explain why she's currently got a foot of minotaur cock lodged inside her, than you might've gone too far!
>>
>>51098137
Dragon DM Dragon Dm!

Why did you go with Onryou instead of Amalthea?
>>
>>51098549
Can't find that on the SRD, is there any link to their abilities?
>>
>>51098501
This is better, closer to what she'd probably look like.

Thanks senpai.
>>
>>51098480
Initially, I'd wanted some focus on the Medic Archetype, using that as the actual class, and something else (Oracle, now) as the other half of the gestalt.

For ability scores, I was thinking something like...
10 +0
14 +2
14 +2
13 +1
12 +1
16(+2) +4

Not especially strong, but not a weakling. Flexible, in good health, and able to carry a conversation with clients.
>>
>>51098266
Italians? Do you mean Korvosa? Because I thought that was more the Portugal to Cheliax's Spain?
>>
>>51098480
>>51098628

Oh, almost forgot. I'd want her to be a little more tragic than uplifting; there's hope for the/her future, but her circumstances are clearly not stacked in her favor.
>>
>>51098598
Well since the poll was tied. I chose based upon how well each character fit the campaign. Amalthea's great., but I could play her easily in another campaign and be just as good.

You can only play a a Kaijitsu Sister in jade regent snd have it mean something
>>
>>51098137
So, it's a bit late now that I've posted the application. But I hope you're alright with fluff bending to facilitate cool ideas.

I'll be waiting for you in the rizon chat I guess.
>>
>>51098359
I want to take that elb home for love.
>>
>>51098712

If you need to change some things change them. If it's for fluff I rarely mind
>>
>>51098712
What's the link to the Rizon chat again?
>>
>>51098628
>>51098652

First off, the ability scores look great, though I'd suggest switching CON and WIS (Medic uses Wisdom) since you'll be getting a +1 at level 4 anyway, you could say this represents her deteriorating physical condition.

As for the backstory... It sounds like she was born a bastard, raised as one, and either used or abused by people in positions of power over her, and when she was finally old enough to leave the nest, she just continued on being abused by men with money and hungry eyes.

And yet, she tries to remain optimistic about her future; she is making a lot of money with her job (being one of the more beautiful whores in the city, I'd suggest Magnimar) and she uses that money to support children who are at risk of falling into the same line of work she has. She works to give children the future she never had.

If anyone's willing to jump in and help this man, by all means do it! I need to afk for a bit.
>>
>>51098549
Is that in the trove?
>>51098605
It''s DSPs big book of monster like races. So 3rd party would need to be a go. It is races, and you were going to be a monster race anyway so it'd be an easy sale.
>>
>>51098771
It's #rotjr
>>
>>51098771
#RotJR

>>51098759
Cool! Hopefully you like the idea, though I guess I won't find out till you close applications.
>>
>>51098824
I don't wanna give people false hope. Good Luck!
>>
>>51098810
Oh, right, then. Thank you for your help, anon!
>>
>>51098706
Can you remind me of the climate of the demiplane? Is it the sort of place that experiences wide variance or is it always a comfortable temperate? In the interests of what sort of clothing my character wears
>>
>>51098867

It's warm and almost tropical, clothing has been described as "more for fashion than decency."
>>
>>51098789

Thanks anon!
>>
>>51098867
It's warm and wet. So mostly people were very little. Like bikinis, shorts, mini skirts, and togas
>>
>>51098915
Good good. This pleases me.
>>
>>51098953
Just think Mediterranean and Greek
>>
File: 1479642403393.png (198KB, 512x425px) Image search: [Google]
1479642403393.png
198KB, 512x425px
>>51098909

There's tons of directions you can go with her at Campaign start too! Do you want her to be disillusioned with the idea of love and intimacy, believing the only thing she can offer her companions is a warm bed and tight hole? Or maybe she's desperate for a special someone that could pick her up and take her away from the suffering of her youth, and let her be a lovely lover, mother and wife where the horrors of her past are a distant memory!

Read up on "Hooker with a Heart of Gold" for some ideas on personality!
>>
>>51098968
What about the economy of the city? Specifically, how well off the lower-class is? Any homelessness or are there any programs/organizations to take care of orphans?
>>
>>51098847
Understandable!

Though maybe I'll catch /pfg/'s eye!
>>
>>51098986
Everyone is family. The currency is either gemstones or favors
>>
>>51099008
I feel like I've seen it before...but what was the name of the Demiplane itself? It's not in the game's ad.
>>
>>51099047
Culdranth's Demesne. Or simply, The Demesne
>>
>>51098975

I'll have to give it a think, but I've got a place to start from at least.
>>
>>51099008

As in I'll make you this pretty dress if you go beat up my ex boyfriend?

I'll cut this gem into something beautiful for you if you make me a cool sword?

I'll teach you new Maneuvers Known if you introduce me to your handsome human friend?
>>
>>51099150

Yup!

>>51099139

You've got a whole week to figure that out!
>>
>>51099150
>tfw dabbling in craft skills out the ass
My boy's gonna have a *lot* of favors to be made.
>>
>>51099061
I actually just looked it up and it turns out Demesne is basically just said Domain.
>>
>>51099244

Where do you think the word "Domain" comes from?
>>
>>51099293
Well evidently they have the same root, don't they?
>>
>>51099150
Basically. Or you could just have an IOU
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Who is your RotJR OTP?
>>
>>51099374

You/Gun barrel
>>
>>51099244
I still pronounce it dee men sss. I imagine that Culdranth said it like that, and nobody bothered to correct her and the pronunciation stuck.
>>
>>51099374

>Female Hawke x Pirate Slut

DELETE THIS
>>
>>51099418
Goddamnit, Mom!

Even if the S wasn't silent it'd be demeznay!
>>
newish to pathfinder, want a main weapon suggestion.

Skald, first level. 18 str, 12 dex, 14 con. Hide armor. Have a dagger and cestus. Have a bear trap. Have caltrops. Have flasks of oil + spark spell. Have a net. Might splurge for bolos. Want to get all tactical/military/art of war/savage up in here. All major party roles are filled, so I am free to do what I want/what works.

First debating sword + board versus two-handed. If two handed, reach vs non-reach. Advice? Recommendations? Want to play things a little different than roll to attack, roll for damage, etc.
>>
>>51099418
>>51099464
Well, it's more pronounced along the lines of "Dim-AIN" Which is clearly like Domain but more pretentious
>>
>>51099374
Mieda x Takahiro

They seriously are the best villain couple I've seen in a published module
>>
>>51099469
What level are you at, bud?
>>
>>51099374

Isn't this a question best asked a week from now, when the DM has chosen the characters?
>>
>>51099579

First level. This will be the third pathfinder character that I have made.
>>
>>51099538
English is hard
>>
>>51099469
Two handed always. Sword and board isn't too great outside a few specialized cases. Some good weapons are falchion, greatsword, and fauchard if you want reach. At level one greatsword is probably the best.
>>
>>51098968
Would the homes be similar? Lots of tile and marble architecture? Very open, with open bathing pools and whatnot.
>>
>>51099608

Aren't those all weapons that do not have reached?
>>
So has anything happened in Hell's Vengeance recently?
>>
>>51099374
Onryou and Gebrek of course
>>
>>51099634
Carved out of geode crystal. Polished smooth. With public baths
>>
>>51099657

Supposedly the Lamashtan herm-Tiefling roughly bred a MILF Paladin on an altar, though it remains unclear whether she was the one mounting her, or her fiendish wolf companion.
>>
>>51099651
>>51099608

my bad, reading comprehension
>>
>>51099699
Wasn't that the session before though? Has there not been a session since?
>>
>>51099604
And spare ourselves the disappointment of only half our OTP making it in?
>>
>>51099660
John Persons-tier BBC stereotype packaged in a literal scaly
Oh witch-hunt anon, why couldn't you have recognized the real problems here?
>>
>>51099699

Jesus I'm wishing I at least applied for that.

Anything going on with the Helnar game?
>>
>>51099728

The sessions are every other week!
>>
>>51099660
Get that furry shit outta here. SwimmingEagle's shit was bad enough without some motherfucker basing his whole character on muh dik muhfugga.
>>
>>51099374
Casimir and Amalthea
>>
>>51099864
O-oh, well when's the next one?
>>
>>51099895

This Tuesday!

>>51099894

That's a NEVER EVER, anon. SwimmingEagle applied with Onryou.
>>
>>51099910
Hooray! I look forward to hearing about the session adventures!
>>
>>51099894
Amalthea didn't get applied, SwimmingEagle went with Onyrou instead. Apparently Casimir and Valeriya is a popular stand in for that one, though.
>>
Where are places you guys go to for charactet art?

Other than the character art threads.
>>
>>51099987
Furaffinity.
>>
File: 796.gif (994KB, 496x368px) Image search: [Google]
796.gif
994KB, 496x368px
>>51099660
>>
>>51099660
I can say with complete confidence that he is not Onryou's type and if they had sex she would feel robbed
>>
>>51099910
I well know, they'll still always be together in my heart.

>>51099940
>Valeriya
Literally who?
>>
>>51099987
>Where are places you guys go to for charactet art?

Deviant Art, mostly.
>>
>>51100053
What about Skarp then?
>>
>>51100091
Same
>>
Hey Eagle.

I think I'm finished with the dragonpeople.

Like, properly now, feats and all.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>51099420
>Being triggered by the objectively best couple in DA2
Shiggy
>>
>>51100134
Well done old boy
>>
>>51100134
>tfw stacking sources of dragonbreath to be a fire-spitting nightmare
I love it
>>
File: revolutionary girl utena.jpg (1MB, 4000x2818px) Image search: [Google]
revolutionary girl utena.jpg
1MB, 4000x2818px
This is how I Betrothed Avowed
>>
>>51097758
>character concepts that are 300% better than anything I've ever made
send help
>>
File: 1418538195179.jpg (83KB, 629x672px) Image search: [Google]
1418538195179.jpg
83KB, 629x672px
>>51100235

>mfw you praise my concepts

Oh gosh, how can I help you? Tell me your character!
>>
File: 1483453281853.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1483453281853.png
278KB, 706x412px
>>51100134

Why no more 40ft speed?
>>
>>51100243
CN warpriest of gorum. He doesn't use inherently magical armor/weapons, instead he uses greater magic weapon and magic vestments to enchant his gear. He has a bunch of feats that give him numbers (weapon spec, imp inititive, etc) and craft wondorous items.

He likes to fight. That's basically all I have that I want to keep.
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85KB, 749x720px
>>51100326

Pfft, you need to tell me more, anon! Give me his ethnicity! where is he from? What's the campaign? I need to know more if I can weave a tale to tell!
>>
>>51100351
Joining a group at level 11. The DM is somewhat running the "sword of air" adventure, which means that I have no idea about the world at all. I haven't decided on ethnicity, or origin.

Maybe something pirate related?
>>
When a Magus uses an Arcane pool point to add an ability to their sword, is it permanent, or only for a minute like the enhancement bonuses?
>>
File: 1482332624134.png (231KB, 512x472px) Image search: [Google]
1482332624134.png
231KB, 512x472px
>>51100389

Hmm, this is a toughie!

Level 11 means your character is not just a veteran, but an expert of his craft, easily able to become the general of a king's armies or the greatest chieftain of a tribal race. This character should be a Champion of Gorum, an exemplar of His will. Maybe he or she is given Gorum's "blessing" and is thus seemingly invulnerable?
>>
>>51100389
When in doubt just build an anime character IMO.
>>
>>51100389
Make Jax or Gangplank
Be the hero I could never be.
>>
>>51100444
Just for a minute. Why would that ever be permanent?
>>
What Pathfinder entities fuck around with time?
>>
>>51100548
Pretty sure there's actually a time elemental.
>>
>>51100574
No.
>>
>>51100574

I'm thinking of posting there just to piss off the sticks in the mud
>>
>>51100574
Fuck off anon, I was waiting until page 8 to make a not shit general
>>
File: KuroKensukeOkay.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
KuroKensukeOkay.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>mfw nobody in the party has consistent damage
>mfw can't tag out for something that can actually deal damage because of plot reasons

If this wasn't an AP I would be more upset, but it's still kind of lame.
I bitched about its damage, but a Mercurial Duelist would probably be doing way more than any of us right now.
>>
>>51100273
Basically, it was an artifact of the far more jury-rigged thing we were using before.

Because previously, it was basically just 'the Dragon Form Alteration talent, but as a race', but it's since gone beyond that and I couldn't see a reason to have it around.
>>
>>51100624

Why not just try to answer the OPs question? We play a gonzo superhero game with fantasy trappings.
>>
>>51099940
Cas x Val is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>51100483
>Jax or Gangplank
?
>>
Could Asmodeus transport someone back in time?
>>
>>51099374
Ricktor and Ameiko
>>
>>51100057
>Literally who?

A wild woman put on the straight and narrow by a vigorous service in the Magnimar navy, and later discharged after she acquired a vigilante alter ego sworn to save the wretched from those who might abuse them!
>>
>>51100499
So Bladebound Magus doesn't get fucked in terms of effects on their weapon?
>>
>>51100932
But the Bladebound magus can just use his pool effects whenever he needs them, and keep his weapon at maximum +1's. +1's are way more useful than most effects besides Keen, anyway. What else are you planning on spending your pool points on?
>>
Say i'm joining a lewed campagin. How do I make the best possible grappler possible?
>>
>>51101072
Synthesist summoner, eidolon with lots of tentacles and swallow whole.
>>
hmmm, we're at page 8, but the shit-general has some traffic.
Should I give up, or make a True General anyway?
>>
>>51101123
Yes.
>>
>>51101072
>>51101101
Similarly, I was fond of Aberrant Aegis.
>>
>>51101123

make true general, at the very least it could survive until the shit general hits bump limit and we can use that.
>>
>>51101123
Half of it is complaining. A quarter of it is animus exposing themselves.

Do it.
>>
>>51101072

What campaign are you joining?
>>
>>51101123
Honestly, I'd just wait until the shit one hits bump limit and post a new one instead of causing another shitfest about it
>>
>>51101123
We don't need another Pathfinder General cluttering up /tg/.
>>
>>51101123
Yes make a real general. Pretty much all the traffic on the shit one is complaints or people trying to get it shut down by posting near-lewd animus.
>>
>>51101123
>>51101172
It's picking up legitimate discussion. Let it stay.
>>
REAL GENERAL
>>51101205
>>51101205
>>51101205
>>
>>51101178
Its not an online game.
>>
>>51101207
Shitposter please go and stay go.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.