[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 68

File: warhammer 40k general 20.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer 40k general 20.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Don't let magos touch your special spot edition

>Previous Matt Ward supporter support group
>>51090002

>A Picturebook List Builder For Kids Who Can't Read Good
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (stay away from the clowns):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Reminder that Imperials are cowards and weaklings without their precious faith!
>>
Imagine how it feels to have all three tongues wiggling in your butt
>>
File: Art - Battle Scene.png (825KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
Art - Battle Scene.png
825KB, 800x799px
>>51094350

Now that Cadia and most of its regiments were BTFO, the rest of the IG are going to have to pick up the slack.

Elysian Drop Troops will lead the way
>>
I've not finished Gaunt's Ghosts, what happened to them? Where are all the Tanith?
>>
File: BA Sergeant2.jpg (142KB, 494x887px) Image search: [Google]
BA Sergeant2.jpg
142KB, 494x887px
Modeling my BA sergeant now and can't decide if I should give him a Hand Flamer or Combi-Flamer. He is gonna be part of a Tact squad with a Heavy Flamer.

Which should I go with?
>>
>>51094430
>female WE
>no sign of the Nails
I bet she's loyalist too. Holy shit, don't remind me of that faggot prick at my club who's trying to craft an army of these monstrosities.
>>
>>51094430
This is what tumblrite faggots who play Tau or Eldar because the Imperium is an oppressive fascist and religious society want.
>>
>>51093687
>>51093707

Is there a tutorial or a dev blog walk through about what this guy did?
>>
>>51094454
Combi is a better choice unless he has a power weapon or something and you absolutely must have +1 attack.
Just consider how a hand flamer threatens small Nids and... That's about it.
>>
>>51094430
I don't want female space marines. Why the fuck would I want a chick that literally just looks like a dude?
>>
>>51094489
Also Cultists and Renegades.
>>
>>51094454

Hand flamers are really bad, go for the combi-flamer
>>
>>51094489
Can't BA sarges have a combi bolter, a bolt pistol and a power weapon?
>>
File: UMHonourGuard2.jpg (102KB, 644x872px) Image search: [Google]
UMHonourGuard2.jpg
102KB, 644x872px
Are the Ultramarines the most effective fighting force in the Imperium after the grey knights?
>>
>>51094594

They are superiour to the Grey Knights
>>
is it just me or are the generals just fucking racing by nowadays? What happened to the relaxed shitposts from yonder?
>>
>>51094474
>Started playing 40k before the Summer.
>Looking over which army I wanted, the Death Company models really stood out to me so I picked up a box.
>One of the shop workers, some dude that may of been a mtf tranny, (couldn't tell, they were wearing a skirt but looked like a dude.) comes up to me and asks if I need help.
>Don't act like a dick, just said I was getting into 40k and was thinking of going with the BA guys I just picked up.
>"Oh no, you don't want space marines. Go with Eldar, they have both girls and guys in their armies while the Imperium are fascists, sexist, army. I mean according to the canon there are no female space marines.
>I just stare back and say "I think I am going to go with the space marines, thank you."

They work at the shop every day the host 40k games during the week and to this day they always refuse to acknowledge my presence.
>>
>>51094594
Raptors are canonically the most reasonable and efficient Space Marine chapter on the battlefield.
>>
>>51094637

This isn't a hobby female have any interest to begin with
>>
>>51094610
I guess you are right.
GK are a one trick pony who are only good at fighting daemons. And even then they aren't THAT good at it when you think of the amount of resources that are pumped into them..
>>
>>51094649
No. Raptors and their fans are dumb.
>>
>>51094637
I know this is b8 but it's fun to talk about. If women need other women to play as to not feel excluded then I don't want them in my fucking hobby. Besides, they can play literally any other army besides Space Marines that either have no gender or plenty of females, Eldar being a good example. And if they really want their female space marine chapter? Just fucking make up one and say they are chicks. Besides maybe a few eye rolls, no one will give a fuck.
>>
>>51094670
Its some how like not everything needs to appeal to everyone.
>>
>>51094445
The Sabbat Worlds Crusade took place between 755-778 M41. They dead.
>>
>>51094637
weak bait
and women play Tyranids anyway

>>51094643
I'm so glad I live in a barbaric, unprogressive Eastern European country and the worst things in our gaming clubs are fat and smelly guys who try to cheat and bitch when you are winning.
>>
>>51094670
Only women I have seen play 40k are really frumpy looking. I have seen more trannys play 40k than women.
>>
>>51094716
; - ;7
>>
>>51094643
>Has to have boobplate or no females

Do they also complain about Tau and Guard not having female models, despite the uniforms obsentibly being unisex?
>>
>>51094733
Do the trannies at least play Slaaneshi daemonkin?
>>
>>51094727
Funny thing is I was forced into his D&D group once for an evening and he was actually a really cool DM. Though there was this one part where we were introduced to this minor character that he really wanted to make sure we all knew this one character was gay. That was the only SJW shit that happened though.
>>
File: what kind of cuckold are you.png (284KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
what kind of cuckold are you.png
284KB, 900x1350px
>>51094430
>>
File: 1850CSM2.png (436KB, 1728x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1850CSM2.png
436KB, 1728x1186px
Which one is less shit? The list with the oblits has the plague marines without rhinos sadly.
>>
>>51094740
desu man when I eventually play Imperial guard I do want to get some parts to make some female guardsmen. Just cause I loved that shit in Starship Troopers.

>>51094758
Ones I knew I actually knew while they were still dudes.

Basically mentally challenged anti-social creepers that became chicks cause I think they thought that was there only way to get pussy at this point was by getting one themselves. And they were Eldar and Tau players.
>>
>>51094711
That doesn't change the fact that they are efficient in the fluff. Their Chapter Master would not try to 1v1 a Swarmlord for example.
>>
So the same SW furry fucker that fucked over the 1ksons codex is giving Bellisarius Cawl an invul boost aura/fnp/iwnd/bs canticles?!
Wtf is wrong here
>>
>>51094454
I'd go with the Combi-Flamer over the Hand Flamer any day, but that's just me. It's also worth considering the rest of the squad's wargear.

Hand Flamers are kinda shit if you're going to be running Heavy Flamer+Flamer since you'd end up firing it last and thus there'd probably be fewer models for it to hit. The Flamer part of a Combi-Flamer on the other hand will be fired at the same time as the regular Flamer and thus there tends to be more models left for them to hit (as only the Heavy Flamer has been fired before them). Then you just mop up the stragglers with the Boltguns and call it a day.

Generally speaking, at least for Blood Angel Tactical Squads, the best way to run them is either 10 men in a Drop Pod with a Heavy Flamer, a Meltagun, and a Combi-Melta (this squad should be in Combat Squads with the Meltaguns in one and the Heavy Flamer in another), 10 men in a Drop Pod with a Heavy Flamer, Flamer, and Combi-Flamer (Combat Squads optional), or 5 men with a Plasmagun a Las+Plas Razorback.
>>
>>51094826
So if a fetish of mine is large Amazonian or huge Milfs futas that like to travel and fug :^) their small shota companion that makes me a lvl 2 cuck?
>>
>>51094643

yea thats bullshit, nice baiting
>>
>>51094430
>titplate
>no muscles
>Hair
>No nails
>has pristine face
I fucking hate these people
>>
>>51094886
That makes you a degenerate faggot.
>>
File: Cloten.jpg (98KB, 573x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cloten.jpg
98KB, 573x640px
>>51094430
Pictured: a female space marine
>>
>>51094879
For this one squad I was gonna go all Flamer themed, put them in a Rhino (debating that or Drop Pod) and just have them anti-horde, burn them all Johnny, kinda tactic. Next squad was either gonna Heavy Flamer and Meltagun, or just go pure tank hunter. However I am gonna get a bike squad or 2 with Grav-guns.

Anywho, back to these guys, yeah, for a 5 man squad it was gonna be Heavy Flamer and the sergeant with Combi-Flamer or Hand Flamer. 10 man Squad would be Heavy Flamer. Flamer, and was unsure if a Combi-Flamer would be an better investment over a Hand Flamer.
>>
>>51094891
>There is NO WAY someone in this world could be that PC. This anon must be making lies!

I spotted the Tumblr.
>>
>>51094905
But what if it's a feminine penis?
>>
>>51094649
>most reasonable

Yes, because not maximizing the advantages your genetically augmented strength, durability, healing, and endurance to strike from the sky or armored vehicles and constantly close with the enemy in close assault, a role in which Astartes are unparalleled all Imperial military forces, is "reasonable."

They pretty much squander their gifts as Space Marines, because Space Marines are not designed to be Tacticool Oper8tors - they're shock troopers and grenadiers.
>>
>>51094867
He only has a 5++, even with rerollable FnP that's pretty much equivalent to a 3++ save, and he has no EW. Against ID he's a Guardsman.

The Invuln apparently only works on vehicles of which Admech have 3, one is suboptimal, the others have a 6/5/4++ default or a 5+ cover, so he doesn't help them much.

IWND canticle is the only other one AFAIK, and that doesn't help much. Sure, it might fix a wound or two on a Kataphron, woop de do.

He's decent but by no means overpowered, although he might fuel my dreams of an allied Guard force or more vehicles if IA14 brings in some nice ones.
>>
>>51094989
In that case welcome to the alt-right.
>>
>>51094670
Nah, your meta just sucks.
>>
>>51095030
Off to get my Trump poster now then.
>>
Traitor Legions or Astartes Legions for Night Lords?

I'm pretty torn here.

On the TL side, I get an ObSec Warband with stealth, rerolled charges, and T1 night fighting. Stealth Havoks are pretty baller, and a NL Nurgle/Tzeentch Prince is down right nasty. I can also fuck with opposing reinforcements and basically have super fear.

On the LA side, I get +1 hit and wound in melee, 5+ cover on T1, chain glaives (+1S rending 2h power swords), and all the normal benefits of LA like weapon teams and drop pods.
>>
>>51094918
What? Is this confirmed by GW? How dare they just try to make female marines just look like men! They should all have varying body types, not one being the same as the last! We have to represent all women!
>>
>>51095085
Both are pretty bad, I use my heresy miniatures for both systems and try to have fun with it.

Hilariously my stormbolt daemon prince has died to octople 1's in two of three games already.
>>
>>51095112
A similar skeleton and so much testosterone production means any feminine fat would melt and chisel their features. Their penises were mostly useless anyway.
>>
>>51095085
you should stick with 40k books for ease of access and so you don't have to convert/buy from forgeworld
>>
>>51095112
That reminds me of Overwatch and the mystery of how the fuck that thing hasn't trigger the fuck down the SJW.

Honestly no idea.
>>
>>51095112
This. We need chubby female marines.
Some girls just have big bones you know.
>>
>>51095158
Because one of the character's a confirmed lesbo, and the anti-SJW character looks like an SJW.
>>
>>51095172
Chubby female space marines you say?
>>
>>51094963
>For this one squad I was gonna go all Flamer themed, put them in a Rhino (debating that or Drop Pod)
I'd go with the Combi-Flamer then. Can't really help you to much on the Drop Pod vs. Rhino part, that's up a tougher question. A Rhino will make the squad a little harder to shoot (and thus more survivable) however it won't get your guys to the juiciest target as quick as a Drop Pod would.

It really comes down on the purpose of the squad and their place in your list. Are they meant to primarily take and defend objectives or toast enemy infantry before they can reach those same objectives? For the former go with the Rhino (or Razorback), and for the latter go with the Drop Pod.

>However I am gonna get a bike squad or 2 with Grav-guns.
I'd call you a cheesy faggot, but I have the same setup on my bikes. Only advice I can give you is that Dork Angel bikes have some nice angelic faceplates you can steal to make you seem like less of a WAACfag to your opponent.

Also, I'd go with the Combi-Flamer over the Hand Flamer in both squads. Hand Flamers are really not the greatest, and especially not the best given the wargear composition and deployment of both the 5 and 10 man squads.
>>
>>51095158
What's wrong with overwatch? Tumblr people can't roll sixes?
>>
>>51095085

I'm starting a NL traitor legion as well.

Do you have to take the detachments or can you just go by points and keep the night lords benefits.

Asking this because I'm starting a kill team game next week and want to take my night lords with me
>>
>>51095158
Kinda wanted them to come out and say that Bastion was gay.
>>
>>51095158
Dude, SJW's lost their shit with Overwatch before Zarya was introduced. There are still a loud minority bitching and moaning about the male gaze and how all the female heros are pretty.
>>
>>51095218
Anything from the Chaos Codex can be named Night Lords for free so long as you keep within the no-marks restrictions.
>>
>>51095172
I'm certain the Emperor's Children already has chubby Marines with vaginas.
>>
>>51095226
>Zarya
>Not pretty
>>
>>51095237

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>51095218
As long as you obey the legion restrictions, you can go CAD and still have most of the benefits
>>
>>51095258
I love me some Zarya, don't get me wrong. I am just saying most of them shut their mouths as soon as Blizzard introduced the muscle girl to the roster.
>>
>>51094430
Looks like she doens't even have the genetic augmentations.

I could understand not having the nails, but not even having gene-seed? That's way too weird.
>>
File: IMG_20170108_165455.jpg (47KB, 317x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170108_165455.jpg
47KB, 317x441px
>>51095133

That's just dice, though. Unfortunately, it happens. That being said, I actually like using the Talons of the Night Terror for the d6 extra attacks with Shred. Since they're extra attacks, they are still AP2 because it's a Prince. The Nurgle discipline is also much better than Tzeentch if I decide to make him a psyker. I also think the despair of Nurgle fits with the terror aspect.

>>51095155

The HH boxes are really nice about that, though, and the only thing I'd really need are Volkite charges. I'm not planning on playing HH games because no one else around me wants to. However, the NL rules are very fitting and can be used in 40k.

>>51095218

All of pic related applies to KT as well.
>>
>>51095277
but if they shut their mouths Anita doesn't get pity-bucks.
>>
>>51095294
isn't she just a SoB at that point?
>>
>>51095305
Don't worry, that's why we have Johnny McInCuck.
>>
>>51095112
Do we need 5' 3" manlet space marines too? Or is it just womens body types we need to represent?
>>
>>51095300
>I also think the despair of Nurgle fits with the terror aspect.

It really depends on the warband, Talos in the Night Lords trilogy was approached by avatars of all four gods to offer their gifts and Nurgle basically stepped forward and said "You don't want me." and walked off.

Technically, the Night Lords are undivided and can take any favor they want.
>>
>>51095294
>Looks like she doens't even have the genetic augmentations.
How does it look like that?

Anyway women taking seed from men into their own bodies is sexist.
>>
>>51095220
All characters are gay.
>>
File: ironhands.png (254KB, 866x1016px) Image search: [Google]
ironhands.png
254KB, 866x1016px
I'd really appreciate some pointers with this list
>>
>>51095338
He just admitted that all real life lesbos are ugly as fuck.
>>
File: fit-hammer-40k-lbs_o_5019529.jpg (324KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
fit-hammer-40k-lbs_o_5019529.jpg
324KB, 497x750px
>>51095364
>Anyway women taking seed from men into their own bodies is sexist.

HOLY SHIT, THIS MEANS FEMALE SPACE MARINES ARE SEXIST!!!
>>
>>51095338
>Implying Lesbians don't like sexy ladies as much as men.
>>
>>51095347
If anything the male space marines need to represent more people of colour! It's too white! GW should actually take away points from any contestant running a space marine army that doesn't have a sufficient amount of diverse marines. And manlets are not needed as women are not attracted to them and so they should not be valued over poc.
>>
>>51095408
Adding black marines to my Night Lords as we speak.
>>
File: Squat_Trooper.jpg (64KB, 738x936px) Image search: [Google]
Squat_Trooper.jpg
64KB, 738x936px
>>51095408
>tfw GW squatted the manlet faction to gain more female players
>>
>>51095408
but its way easier to paint white people
>>
>>51095424
Very good! Make sure they are all brown and black! Make sure they have all brown eyes and black hair! Remember, the less white the more diverse it is!
>>
>>51095158
>>51095191
>>51095217
>>51095220
>>51095226
>>51095258
>>51095277
>>51095305
>>51095338
>>51095383
>>51095400
>>51095401
>>51095403
>>51095408
>>51095364
>>51095347
>>51095294

Right. Fuck off back to /v/ and/or /pol/, I have machine spirits to pray to.

Anyway, I've been trying out the Kastelan robots in a couple games and they've never really pulled their weight. Sure, they don't die, but they never draw much fire or kill much stuff either, and then they always get beat up by a Knight or TH/SS termies, or tarpitted by Neophytes and that -1 Attack GSC spell. Anyone got some good uses for them?
>>
>>51095408

The best part about having your models unpainted is that no one can accuse GW of whitewashing, only its player base.
>>
So a follow Up question, what are good kill teams for chaos space marines. Want my night lords to have a good chance against my marine opponent this Friday.
>>
>>51095217
Cowboy dude is an american stereotype.
Reaper with the Dias de los Muertos mask is a fucking mexican
Korean girl? Mecha starcraft player (maybe I can give them that because it was kind of funny)
French assassin is a femme fatale
Indian girl is autistic but also with the body of a model because reason
British girl is stereotypically british and gay now because what people is fucking is relevant in a shooter.
The two australian are crazy and criminals. Fucking really?
Japanese guys one is a cyborg the other a samurai archer with accent and all
German girl is a healslut that did unethical experiments. Rings a bell?
There is a bloody ikea dwarf
Russian girl is basically Mother Russia from Kick ass.

All with fucking stereotypical accents. Like Blizzard try to make people angry, but some how SJW didn't get trigger and sucking blizzard dick.
>>
>>51095450
If we kill off all the white people, then we're truly diverse.

But then black people will be the majority, and therefore oppressive, so we have to kill them off and let mexicans take over.

rewinding back however, I realize chinese people are the majority and therefore the most oppressive race. we should kill them first!
>>
>>51095460
That's why GW needs to take a stand and punish their player base for making their chapters too cis or too white.
>>
>>51095358

That's true, though Talos was a baller.

Really, a solid argument can be made for all the gods with a NL Prince anyway

Nurgle - Despair through sowing fear and terror for the sake of showing fear and terror. Like murdering everyone in a settlement and leaving one dude alone kinda shit

Khorne - RIP AND TEAR is pretty much what they do anyway, though they focus less on skull fucking to enjoy flesh robes

Slannesh -Hunting for the perfect kill, excessive violence even for a NL, obsessive trophy gathering, ect

Tzeentch - Divination runs in the NL gene seed, so shit like using it to plot crazy raids to instill as much terror as possible
>>
>>51095387
this is actually a pretty good list
>>
>>51095476
Nothing, chaos marines suck.

I like taking raptors with two meltas though. they can instantly kill most two wounded models.
>>
>>51095492
You know what is sad? Some people think this a good thing.
>>
>>51095511

Thanks man, and I would rather play an army that kinda sucks versus an army that's way too good.

Currently have Deldar and chaos space marines forces, just trying to make it fun for my opponent to play against me.
>>
File: maymays.png (24KB, 386x306px) Image search: [Google]
maymays.png
24KB, 386x306px
>>51095524
>>
>>51095506
I could even see Slaanesh making a Night Lord who hates Chaos a Daemon Prince, just to revel in his self-hatred for all eternity and torture him by having him live eternally as the thing he hates the most.
>>
>>51095489
I was trying to make a joke about overwatch in 40k gaming.
>>
>>51095506
ABD didn't have any nurgly marines in his warband but I could see the Night Lords cowardice force them to strike a deal with Nurgle to get tougher.
>>
File: Necron_Warrior_army.jpg (24KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Warrior_army.jpg
24KB, 250x314px
>>51094350
>my sensors indicate that you are indeed a weenie
>>
Youd think that assasult would be like one of the better things in 40k. Seeing how most armies rely on their guns so they should be shiet in CQC. But for some reason assault is awful. While it should be a hard counter for shooty armies it tends to just be a minor inconvenience at best.
>>
>>51095489
Mercy is Swiss, but that's still pretty stereotypical for a pacifist healslut, so it doesn't really go against your point.
>>
>>51095476

Well, Fear doesn't work on them, so I focus on the stealth aspect. Raptors are nice for jumping through cover and get two special weapons. Chosen aren't terrible, either. Take a Lascanon or ML with ignores cover specialist and park him somewhere annoying. Then load up on special weapons.

>>51095537

I like that, actually.

>>51095565

This, too.
>>
Saw people playing this at my local store, looked fun so thinking of getting in. The people played with these blue armored people with a wierd u on their shoulder. Who are they?
>>
>>51095602
>Chosen aren't terrible

They are 20 some points for a bolter boy with 2 attacks. They could all take special weapons but that would simply double their cost.
>>
>>51095596
>it tends to just be a minor inconvenience at best.
Really now?
>>
>>51095489

Now go through the male characters and see if they also fit stereotypes.
>>
>>51095611
The true advocates of our spiritual liege, Rawbutt Jellyman
>>
File: BoLS_Henchmen_Warband.jpg (89KB, 700x442px) Image search: [Google]
BoLS_Henchmen_Warband.jpg
89KB, 700x442px
Question: In the "Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband" formation in Codex: Imperial Agents there is the "Chambers Militant" special rule which says that you can include a squad of Grey Knights, SoBs, or Deathwatch as part of the formation.
So my question is, do you get that free or do you have to pay the points for the squad?
>>
>>51095611
Ultra marines. Go ask at your store for a test game if you like the look of it, I'm just starting. It won't make much sense first time but you pick it up pretty quick, same as any game.
>>
>>51095611
The scions of our spiritual liege, Rowboat Gorillaman.
>>
File: ironhands2.png (109KB, 866x304px) Image search: [Google]
ironhands2.png
109KB, 866x304px
>>51095387
>>51095509
Shit I forgot the storm shields..
>>
>>51095645
...you pay the points, dude.

Why would you get it for free?
>>
>>51095623

I'm talking in KT where they allow you to actually take a decent number of special weapons, especially for fighting Marines.
>>
>>51095489
Blizzard is all about stereotypes. they changed Tracer's ass pose into a femenist ass poster pose to correct it.

If Blizzard didn't do stereotypes and pop culture, I wouldn't know who they were.
>>
>>51095645
you have to pay the points.

I am wondering if they are included in the rule that makes them one squad, however...
>>
>>51095623
I've had a fair amount of success with Plasma chosen, although that was back before the most recent Crimson Slaughter update where you could get Preferred Enemy on the Champ for 10 points. Also, realistically they're getting 3 attacks as they all have a pistol and cc weapon.
>>
>>51095645
Nowhere does it say anything about getting shit for free, what makes you think its free? In fact if it was free then so would the rest of the units like priests and crusaders as they have the same wording as the chamber militants.
>>
>>51095626
I did. In fact the first two on the list are male.
Oh the angry white old men.
>>
>>51095680
see
>>51095623
>>
>>51094365
Nah. We need more technogothic stylings woth lots of gribble. It beats painting boring ass Space Marine power armour.
>>
>>51095602

I was thinking of taking a Raptor squad with two metas, and a chaos marine squad with one meta, it comes out to 200 points exactly. Hopefully my opponent brings a rhino or something
>>
>>51095692
>I am wondering if they are included in the rule that makes them one squad, however...
They aren't.
>>
>>51095711
I actually am happy i picked up nids as they have a lot more going on in their models which makes them a blast to paint even though it might be a bit difficult
>>
>>51094424
>Elysian Drop Troops will lead the way
You misspelled Harakoni Warhawks anon
>>
>>51095732
What makes you say that?

It says the new unit joins the warband, which would mean they'd need to follow the restrictions, so they'd be part of the unit.
>>
>>51095699
I used to run in the same Crimson Slaughter configuration. Without PE they're likely to shoot themselves though. Also PE doesn't confer to the squad in Kill Teams because only Draznitch has PE.

None of this changes the fact that you are paying 35 points for a marine with plasmagun where you could buy almost three regular marines for the same price.
>>
>>51095672
>>51095692
>>51095701
Rad, that's what I thought. The question came from a discussion I had with a friend who seemed convinced that they were free.
>>
>>51095684
They change it for a pin up, are you high?

>>51095645
Nop you pay them.
>>51095692
They are part of the squad.
>>
>>51095711

I love painting space marine armour because it allows you to really go wild if you want to do something unique and its great for beginners to get started painting without having to paint anything too crazy.

Im having a ton of fun painting my chaos space marines, painted a raptor today and it turned out great and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>51095775
imperium or chaos.
>>
>>51095775
Tau. Then Eldar.
>>
>>51095775

Make a custom SM chapter based on that.
>>
>>51095748
>literraly who
>>
>>51095801
>tau
>space commies
fuck off he said alt right not reddit
>>
>>51094758
Nope. I play Sisters and Templars. For some reason angry zealots with neat models make for fun armies to play.
>>
>>51095684
pretty sure the ass pose bit was drummed up for hype and attention
no way would such a big company give into the demand of one (one!) person who just made a simple thread about it. (no such thing as bad press)
>>
>>51095822

Your a Transexual? Do you get a lot of weird requests from people that play against you?
>>
File: Dealwithitheretic.png (37KB, 324x288px) Image search: [Google]
Dealwithitheretic.png
37KB, 324x288px
>>51095775
Tau, followed by Deldar.

Get it?
It's funny because the alt-right degenerates are filthy weeaboo deviants who deserve neither the Emperor's Light nor Mercy.
>>
>>51095828
Indeed, which is something that crybabies totally missed and keep bitching to this day.
>>
>>51095752
Because the units under the Chambers Militant rule are not marked with a superscript 1 unlike the units in the formation. The Inquisitor isn't marked either, so he doesn't have to be part of the unit.

>>51095775
>regressive
You meant reactionary, and the alt-right isn't really that with all their tranny worship. But as a reactionary, Catholic right-winger, Black Templars + an Inquisitorial Warband with Priests, Crusaders and Arco-Flagellants would be my choice.
>>
>>51095723

Sounds pretty average. You could also go for 10 raptors with 2 meltas.

>>51095708

8 chosen with 4 Melta/Combi plas and a ML isn't bad in KT.

Conversely, you could drop the 3 extra chosen for a unit of cultists.
>>
>>51095764
Not that likely, though I run EC so that might be why I'm biased. Probably also why I don't mind paying for the extra CC potential.

Mainly I just enjoy having am Elite retinue for my HQ. Plus even if I can get a squad of 15 standard marines for the price of 5 chosen, I would have to actually buy 15 standard marines.
>>
>>51095112
GTFO.
Marines will be beefcake no matter what body type they are.
Think of them as even more post-human Halo Spartans - you'd be lucky to even know if one's a girl, and their sex drive is suppressed to nothing.
>>
>>51095792
>They are part of the squad.
They fucking aren't. Why can't half of the 40k playerbase interpret the fucking rules? It's like the fucking Alpha Legion Detachment all over again.
>>
I keep hearing rumors about Ferrus Manus being in the Legion of the Damned.

Is there any source for this?
>>
>>51095900
>alt-right
>tranny worship
Wait what?
>>
>>51095964
>The astronomican having literall light daemons is the best example for this. The Legion of the Damned, ... well lets say, they are not "trapped in the warp" afaik. I even heard there are whispers that one of them is a giant with silver arms, but that wasn't confirmed by any inquisitorial agents yet ...

From Atia on B&C plus the fact that in Master of Mankind the Emperor summoned a psychic construct of Ferrus to fight. I think it'd be super cool if it does happen, an undead Ferrus covered in flame with a flaming skull for a head, it would be metal as fuck.
>>
>>51096031
Radical
>>
>>51096015

Everyone knows alt-right is all about trannies and feminine penises, thinking trump will make anime real and have their waifu gas the jews
>>
>>51096015
he doesnt even know what he is talking about..
>>
>>51095794
I really like having stuff on the model. Visual texture of you will.

I mean look at Sisters. Yes, there are flat armour sections but they have a lot of stuff there and it keeps me from falling into a slump of doing the same basic steps for one color over 90% of the model.

I think it's a kind of painting ADD.
>>
>>51095736
Strangely it's one of the things that sold me on Sisters.

I miss Endless Swarm Nids and haven't been able to go back since that army went away.
>>
File: [Greater_Good_Intensifies].png (54KB, 501x575px) Image search: [Google]
[Greater_Good_Intensifies].png
54KB, 501x575px
>>51095810
>Alt-right Space Marines

>"Oh praise the Emperor! Space Marines have come to save us from the heretical marauders who pillage our land and rape our women!"
>"Hey! Men can be raped too, you feminazi cuck."
>"What? Well, yes, I suppose, but in this case it seems to be exclusively women who are being raped. but now that you're here-"
>"Lel, listen to this Battle-Brother, listen how triggered this normie is!"
>"Triggered? Normie? What does that even mean? Nevermind that, actually, there is no time, the heretics commit a genocide on the faithful as we speak! You must go and save them!"
>"Genocide? I'll tell you what the REAL genocide is, white women fucking black people!"
>"..."
>"You know what? The heretics are space Jews. Homosexual space Jews who made fun of your waifu."
>"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO? TO BATTLE THEN!"
>>
>>51096015
There are a few "right wing", pro-Trump anti-SJW trannies, for example Blaire White who get worshipped by people with anime/pepe avatars on twitter and got interviewed by some alt-right personalities like Paul Joseph Watson. And don't even get started on Milo. Though the whole alt-right is just a bullshit umbrella term, and it's not really an unified movement, and fortunately it does not really cover most people on /pol/.
>>
>>51095840
I am, and not really no. Probably because I spend all my free time painting more than playing lately.
>>
File: sundowner_the_tank_engine.png (404KB, 517x432px) Image search: [Google]
sundowner_the_tank_engine.png
404KB, 517x432px
>>51096118
>not "le happy diplomat.png"
>>
>>51096097

That's why I went with them too, though this was 12 years ago. My friend was getting me into the game, and they jumped out at me the most. I grabbed the WH Codex and have been playing them ever since.

>tfw I remember being able to walk into a hobby/game store and buy sisters

I shouldn't have taken that immolator I never bought for granted.
>>
>>51096118
A jew wrote this.
>>
>>51096119

CAN WE JUST FUCK OFF WITH ALL THE POL SHIT IN HERE THANKYOU?!
>>
>>51095950
Ok you are right, lets be fair IA is not exactly well written.
>>
>>51096158
I bought the Immolator kits to use as rhinos. Bling or nothing when it comes to Sisters.

While I look forward to new models I keep wanting to start a new at project too so I find myself waffling a lot with them lately.
>>
>>51096031
Sounds cool.
If there was one redeeming thing about MoM, it was Ferrus being the emperor's stand
>>
>>51094891
>yea thats bullshit, nice baiting
diff anon
>tfw when live in progressive city in progressive country
>tfw i've actually met these sorts of people
anon this is real enough from what i've seen to believe it... bar that fact that they haven't tried anything
>>
>>51096254

>to use as rhinos

Fucking, me too. They were $5 more than a rhino, looked better with the centered canopy, and came with tons of bits. There was no point in using anything else for your SoB squads.

I can't wait for them, but I've also branched out.
>>
>>51096227
>A space jew wrote this.
FIFY
>>
File: 1483363525790.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1483363525790.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Was an updated version attached done? Would love to see more worlds but I'm an inbred who can't into game design well enough to be satisfied with my own creations.
>>
File: e84.png (332KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
e84.png
332KB, 400x595px
>>51096356
Preheating my oven to Juden.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (15KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
15KB, 200x303px
yo anons, got a couple questions.
1. how might i influence my play group to switch over the HoR kill team as opposed to the stock standard gw one.
2. How well does the combined admech army gel with guard, I'm getting sick of the machine cult having fw tough vehicles.
3. how good are imperial psykers, I don't expect eldar quality but i would like not to waste points.
4.what do you like one your knights

>>51095258
anon as much as i like her in her russian skin, she does look better without tits and she does look like Joseph jostar during part 2

>>51096118
there are enough lines in this that make me think you have some idea what the Alt-Right is.
and yet you start it with something a MRA would bang on about.
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts (1).jpg (180KB, 900x876px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts (1).jpg
180KB, 900x876px
Does anyone else just create lists then post them here without any plan to actually build them. I just wrote this up and it looks like it would be a pain to deal with.
>>
>>51096539
How original anon, dont burst a vein thinking so hard!.
>>
>fall of Cadia
>no new units for the factions involved besides shitty heroes
> lore that falls short
>nothing that exciting
>actual book doesnt really bring anything new to the table

what the fuck isn't this the year of 40k? Why am I supposed to care that Cadia is destroyed.

Like holy shit GW you could of started the year off with a major rule change and build from there but instead you had to start the year by destroying an important planet in the most mundane way possible. Im incredibly disappointed with this campaign, it was over before it even began.
>>
File: 7000skeletons.jpg (370KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
7000skeletons.jpg
370KB, 1424x842px
>>51096511
Pick related

>>51096526
Fair criticism, although I have seen enough alt-right MRAs to make the connection. It could just be me, though.
>>
File: 1433879700878.jpg (170KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1433879700878.jpg
170KB, 1024x1280px
Built a janky allied list out of stuff that I have built and painted up, thinking I'll take it to GW next week and see how it goes. Thoughts?

~Black Templars Combined Arms Primary Detachment - 1494~

~HQ~
Chaplain (Warlord) – 100
-Digital Weapons

The Emperor's Champion – 140

~TROOPS~
Crusader Squad - 500
-5 Additional Initiates
-4 Neophytes
-Power Fist
-Flamer
-Sword Brother w/Power Sword and Melta Bombs
-Dedicated Transport – Land Raider Crusader
-Multi Melta

Crusader Squad - 195
-Flamer
-Missile Launcher
-Dedicated Transport – Rhino

~FAST ATTACK~
Assault Squad – 135
-Jump Packs
-2 Plasma Pistols
-Sergeant w/Power Sword and Melta Bombs

Stormtalon Gunship – 130
-Typhoon Missile Launcher

~HEAVY SUPPORT~
Devastator Squad – 164
-1 Additional Marine
-2 Missile Launchers
-2 Lascannons
-Sergeant w/Combi-Plas

Vindicator – 130
-Siege Shield

~Sisters of Battle – Allied Detachment – 355~

~HQ~
Canoness – 95
-Power Sword
-Rosarius

~TROOPS~
Battle Sisters Squad – 175
-5 Additional Battle Sisters
-Flamer
-Heavy Flamer
-Dedicated Transport – Rhino

~ELITES~
Repentia Squad – 85

Also, Is the new book worth getting for Black Templars lore and formations?
>>
>>51094837
what armybuilder is this?
>>
>>51096651
Why mix weapons in the dev squad?
>>
>>51095237
So does the force composition detachment thing (1+ core, 1+ aux, 0-4 hq) not actually matter?
>>
>>51096681
IT IS IN THE OP
>>
>>51095226
>male heros
>not pretty
I think the only one that could be reasonably said is "not pretty" (not even ugly, though) is Torbjorn.

Hell, even Junkrat could be considered attractive since he's got the right facial structure for it, just not the hair.

Heroes like Bastion, Roadhog, Zenyatta need not apply.
>>
>>51096336
>branched out
I keep planning to do this but ultimately back down in favor of doing nothing due to indecisiveness.
>>
>>51096719

buddy just fucking stop. this is a 40k thread
>>
>>51096689
That ( the murder talon)is only for the secondary benefits of rerolling charges and stuff. Fear and stealth and stuff just happen because you are nightlords
>>
File: TsnOotNZ2Ls.jpg (140KB, 897x960px) Image search: [Google]
TsnOotNZ2Ls.jpg
140KB, 897x960px
>>
>>51096689
Nope, you can run a CAD or even use a non-Legion specific formation (Helcult for example) as any Traitor Legion.
>>
How many wolves is to many wolves in a space wolf army.
>>
>>51096730

Probably for the better. I've got like 5 different things not getting proper attention
>>
>>51096684
Kit didn't come with 4 lascannons, and I didn't have any spares lying around.

I know, I know, I should fix that. The squad can still take down armour alright, so I'm not too worried about it.
>>
>>51096734

IS a murder talon worth it?

I mean after you have one chaos lord with a jetpack and 3 units of raptors I don't really know where to go from there.

Do you go straight vehicles?
>>
>>51096651
Repentia Squads... Honey I love my bondage nuns, but it is better to use DCA and use the Repentia models.

Also Rhinos are shit for BBS get an Immolator and a smaller squad. If for some reason you want a big squad get Retribution Squads, stick them inside a Repressor with either 4xHF/HB

Get a priest instead of Canoness, melee SoB are a stupid idea.
>>
>>51096773
probably coulda asked your resident grav spammer for spares he has tons i bet.
>>
>>51096764
when the the fabric of the warp is replaced by an ocean of wolves, forcing realspace to be drowned out in a rapid secession of wolf hair, then there will be enough wolves
>>
>>51096776
Murder talon is the 1+ core 1+ aux etc. raptor talon is the 3 units and lord
>>
>>51096823

And he still needs an Aux. I kinda have this problem, too, which is why I just use a Warband.
>>
File: 1379144667726.jpg (175KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1379144667726.jpg
175KB, 800x1120px
>>51096783
>DCA
That's not a bad idea, actually. Thanks anon, I'll see if my group is cool with that. Honestly, I'm just in love with the naked bondage nuns, so I want to run them. That's also why I'm running the canoness; I got the Veridyan model, and want to field it. Might run her as a counts-as priest, but w/e.

MSU sister detachment in immolators is probably what I'll do down the line, once I end up getting some. You can run a vestal task force alongside a primary Space Marine detachment, right?
>>
>>51096764
But anon There are no wolves on Fenris
>>
>>51096879
Throwing in one spawn is cheap. I was dumb and am going to do the terror pack just because I love the hell turkey models
>>
>>51096918
There are no humans either now :^)
>>
Is skyhammer annihilation force tournament legal?
>>
>>51096823

honestly I've been reading and re-reading the rules for detachments and im fucking confused.

So in order for your army to be battle forged every unit needs to be in a detachment, and a murder talon is essentially just two detachments right? A core one and an auxiliary one?

So if i wanted a murder talon I would have a raptor talon or a chaos war band and then I would add an auxiliary choice like a hell forged war pack.
>>
>>51096969

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
Which black library author do you hate the most?

Which one do you think is underrated?
>>
File: Magnus-0.jpg (136KB, 673x789px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus-0.jpg
136KB, 673x789px
>>51096918
Actually there is no Fenris at all anymore :^)
>>
>>51095217
The black character model made even /pol/ cringe at how over the top its "big lipped ape face" aesthetic is.
>>
>>51096959

That's the best option for a raptor core, though. Wouldn't call it dumb.
>>
File: ackbar.jpg (50KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
ackbar.jpg
50KB, 480x240px
>>51094643
>>
>>51096974
Correct! A murder talon is just a detachment that is made out of other detachments instead of units.
As a side note, the terminator aux formation is fluffy for nightlords as well because of their Atramenetar
>>
>>51096974

I unfortunately don't have the force org pick anymore.

But in effect you have 'detachments' - these include the CAD (old school 40k), allied detachment, and then things like the Chaos Warband, Murder Talon, etc.

Then you have what are often referred to as 'decurions' which are combinations of detachments. So basically in TL you have legion decurions which include several different types of detachments.

As long as your army fits in to one of these typings you have a battle forged army.
>>
>>51097039

And what are the benefits of being battle forged?
>>
Who here is ready for crushing disappointment?
>>
>>51095112

That's an image from a Blood Angels comic. It's a BA Death Company marine sans armor.
>>
>>51097070
The benefits of battleforged is every formation gives you benefits. If you go unbound you don't get the extra benefits, bug can run whatever the fuck you want
>>
File: Leafstealer - 1850pts.jpg (476KB, 900x1868px) Image search: [Google]
Leafstealer - 1850pts.jpg
476KB, 900x1868px
>>51096539
Yup. Sometimes they're there just more as a "thought excerise", or "I dream of making this one day." I wrote the following one for lulz earlier.
>>
File: Dramatis Personae.jpg (112KB, 607x443px) Image search: [Google]
Dramatis Personae.jpg
112KB, 607x443px
So I read recently that Urkanthos is the one leading the Black Legion fleet in Fall of Cadia.

Does anyone know how he ascended?

Last time I heard, he was a Black Legion Chaos Lord who venerated Khorne?

Also, is the Legio Vulcanum on Cadia the same one encountered on Vraks?

Do both of the Traitor Vulcanum Legions still fight together or have they gone their separate ways?
>>
>>51097081
Just. Post. The. Fucking. Rules.
>>
>>51096734
>>51096754

Awesome.
I'm looking at picking up Dark Vengeance with a mate, and if I get the Chaos side wanted a faction more interesting than Crimson Slaughter. I didn't think I could do something like that, as there aren't enough models to make the Chaos Warband.
>>
>>51097070

First - 99% of the people you play will want to play battle forged. But that's a social construct benefit.

You don't gain any formation bonuses when you're playing unbound, even if you take a formation, nor do you gain access to any form of objective secured in unbound.
>>
>>51097147
It comes with enough to do a generic combined arms detachment, which will give the troops objective secured.
>>
>>51097081
So i wonder how much of the value of that pack is in the signed piece of artwork.
>>
>>51096539
All the time. I try to hope I will get there, but then I realize it will take forever.

>>51097116
I've been debating starting a GSC army. I really like Imperial Guard, but I keep wanting more melee units. I try to make blobs and Bullgryn work, but they aren't great. I feel like GSC would be more my thing. Maybe I could do count as models? Some people ahve thought about using Catachans as count as.
>>
>>51097192
I think somebody did the math and it was $130 or so
>>
>>51096985
Nope Fenris is still there it just needs a long long long time to recover from the fuckery inflicted to its world spirit blah blah blah.
>>
>>51097193
>Some people ahve thought about using Catachans as count as.
Could work easily. I'm thinking about doing GSC with Orks (way cheaper to kitbash Boyz with Purestrain Genestealers than to buy the new Acolytes), but I'm mostly in for their crunch, not their fluff so most likely I'd get bored quickly.
>>
If I wanted a custom chapter whose whole deal was footslogging and reverence of bolt weaponry, which would be a better pick for a founding chapter and chapter tactics: Imperial Fists or Iron Hands?
>>
>>51096769
It's has it's pros and cons
>>
>>51096985
>>51097229
So, no more rune magic?
What is GW going to do? No more rune priests for the pooches?
>>
>>51097289
Losing your hand is always better than losing your head, anon.
>>
>>51097289

Imperial Fists seem like they're better for Bolters. Iron Hands are more cybernetic augmentation.
>>
>>51096912
That is the only time the Vastal shit is useful as an ally.

The rest of the time it is very stupid.

Veryidian could work, cheaper than the Canoness you had. I do not remember if her precision shot affected non SoB, if it does take her instead.
>>
>>51097289
I'd say Raptors. Boltguns get a Rending mode if you don't move, which helps make basic marines more versatile. They all get shrouded if they aren't in a transport, and you can take an HQ that lets you infiltrate 3 squads so getting slower units across the board is a bit easier.
>>
>>51097081
I just want the rules. Maybe they don't suck as much as the retarded lore they printed.
>>
>>51097081
For the "ultimate dominus" he sure dosent know his mechanicus. Hey scrublord, everyone knows vanguard over rangers, dipshit.
>>
>>51097308
They'll start worshipping Chaos openly, then get purged by Dark Angels for their betrayal.
>>
How many basilisk is to many basilisk?
>>
>>51097289
Black Templars? I think White Templars are a successor/similar in doctrine, so you could fluff them as Fist successors in that vein and run them with Templar rules and lots of blobs.
>>
>>51097372
>>
>>51097352
A-fucking-men. Rules now, I can worry about fluff later.
>>
>>51097359
He also evidently brings a ton of Electro Priests with him so yeah, he doesn't know jack shit
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1850pts.jpg (209KB, 900x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1850pts.jpg
209KB, 900x1066px
>>51097404
So is this no good?
>>
>>51095775
HOL UP YOUSE BE SAYIN WE WUZ BLACK LIBRARY N SHIET ?!
>>
>>51096912

CAD is better 100% of the time because of ObSec, and ESPECIALLY as an ally because you require fewer mandatory slots, even though command squads make elites good finally.

>>51097331

Iirc, she affects all friendlies.
>>
>>51097437
Go with the Emperor's Wrath formation. You won't get 9 basilisks, but you could get 2 squadrons of 3 and they can each get the Ignore Cover order from the commander.
>>
>>51097437
Anything fast, 2+ or flying will just wreck you.

There is a nice formation that benefits them if you're interested.
>>
How much will I hate life if I start 40k with World Eaters?
>>
Imma toss out a hypothetical.
Let's say GW is gonna sell the movie rights for 40k.
What studio/director would you want to make it and what subject matter do you think would make a good 40k film?
>>
>>51097504
>>51097505
I know about emperors wrath but im always shit at using that decurion to its full effectiveness
>>
>>51097519
I mean, World Eaters hate everything, so I guess as much as you hate everything else?
>>
>>51097451
Indeed CAD SoB are better than the Vestal shit. I remember the Vestal Task force being 1HQ 1 Elite but is 1HQ 1 Elite and 2 Troops.

Just get a CAD at that point
MSU BBS, Without FAQ HF+F+Combi Flamer, with FAQ draft 2x flamers + Combi flamer. Because someone thinks template weapons shooting at the same time is broken, but having two shooting face is not.
>>
>>51097359
>>51097422

>GW writes an admech list
>nothing but numinous conclave and rangers

mfw
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (159KB, 900x1403px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
159KB, 900x1403px
Ultramarines 1850

r8 please
>>
File: 51891919950.gif (2MB, 216x150px) Image search: [Google]
51891919950.gif
2MB, 216x150px
Man, everyone rags on Gravhammer, Scatbikes, and Tau for being cheese, but where the fuck is the Daemons hate? They're so fucking annoying in every phase but movement.

>Psychic phase
"I've got 28 warp charges to deny your 15, and I deny on 4+'s because of my flippy flappy warpy chaos fuck you wargear". Oh and all my powers are stronger than they actually list because of my "flippy flappy warpy chaos fuck you rule/formation" with rerolls to hit.

>Shooting phase
Warp Storm table fuckery. No further explanation needed. For a melee focused army they have some stupid fucking strong shooting for what limited shooting they have...And good luck getting a wound on them because they rolled 2/3++ rerollables on the "flippy flappy fuck you, I win table"

>Assault
Good luck getting a wound on them because they rolled 2/3++ rerollables on the "flippy flappy fuck you, I win table." Oh and we're absolute monsters in melee because of our "flippy flappy chaos warpy fuck you reward" so watch your melee specialist unit get absolutely dicked.

I just fucking hate how annoying daemons are. How do you deal with them? Also fuck the Infernal Tetrad...
>>
>>51097570

Honestly, I don't even bother with the combi-weapons, and just run HF+F. Statistically, HF+Flamer will still kill more models than F+F even with FAQ.
>>
>>51097546
Don't need the decurion, just take the formation.
>>
>>51097642

>For a melee focused army

Tzeentch is the exception to that.
>>
>>51097637
It's pretty standard point-and-click. If you're not retarded you'll probably even table people.
>>
>>51097682
And even then Screamer squads are a fucking nightmare vs vehicles.
>>
>>51097651
Well 3 Flamers will kill more than 1 HF and 1 Flamer.

HF+F+Combi F > 2xF+Combi F > HF+F > 2xF

Unless I fuck up my math hard.
>>
Guys, could do with a bit of advice?

I want either two defilers or two soul grinders for Making a brass scorpion.

As far as I can tell, the Soul Grinder is a much newer kit, whilst the Defiler is showing it's age?

Thing is, I'd probably need to source more spare parts to make a soul grinder based one work.

So I guess the question is, how noticeable is the difference in quality between the lower bodies of soul grinders vs defilers?
>>
>>51097682

Tzeentch Princes/LoC have easy access to S8 with the Staff of Change, which also causes people to explode on top of freely rolling on Biomancy. The last game, my Prince rolled Warp Speed and destroyed everything it touched with 11 attacks.
>>
File: 1481739120910.png (328KB, 680x634px) Image search: [Google]
1481739120910.png
328KB, 680x634px
>>51097610
Grand Convocation
a Tech-Priest Enginseer;
- 10 Skitarii Vanguard;
- 10 Skitarii Rangers;
- 3 Kataphron Destroyers;
- 3 Kataphron Breachers;
- 3 Ironstrider Ballistarii;
- 2 sets of 5 Electro-Priests – a set of Coruscarii and a set of Fulgurite;
- 5 Sicarian Infiltrators;
- 5 Sicarian Ruststalkers;
- a Start Collecting! Skitarii set – this adds another 10 Skitarii Vanguard, another Onager Dunecrawler and a Tech-Priest Dominus.

Conclave Acquisitorius
10 Skitarii Vanguard;
- 10 Skitarii Rangers;
- 5 Sicarian Ruststalkers;
- 5 Sicarian Infiltrators;
- 3 Sydonian Dragoons;
- an Onager Dunecrawler;
- 2 Kataphron Breachers;
- an Imperial Knight Warden;
- a Kastelan Robot Maniple (4 Kastelan Robots and 2 attendant Datasmiths);
- 2 Fulgurite Electro-Priests;
- 2 Corpuscarii Electro-Priests;
- a Start Collecting! Skitarii set – this adds another 10 Skitarii Vanguard, another Onager Dunecrawler and a Tech-Priest Dominus.
>>
File: lord-of-change.jpg (244KB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-change.jpg
244KB, 1000x1422px
Sororitas Rundown:

- R&D on the entire line is complete, and the range is all new in plastic.
- 5-model combo-unit Sisters infantry kit
- 3 model Sisters unit on 50mm bases kit
- 5 model Sisters unit on 32mm bases kit (different from the infantry unit listed above)
- Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit "A" kit
- Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit "B" kit
- Sororitas Walker/Monstrous Creature vehicle kit
- 3 clampack Sororitas characters

These are on ice and only await release scheduling by GW.
via the birds in the trees 2-10-2015

Warhammer 40,000 Summer Campaign this year:
Sororitas and Space marines are the Imperial side
Tzeentch is the focus of the antagonists with multiple new kits:
- Plastic Lord of Change
- New Tzeentch Daemon unit
- New Tzeentch CSM unit (perhaps new plastic Thousand Sons - Rubric Marines)

Member this Rumor? Maybe the rest is true too.
>>
>>51096119
Fuck i promise i won't post any more /pol/ shit but none of those people are alt right. some of them decided to call themselves that but they pretty much universally disavowed it when they realised what they were actually saying (because they're pussies)
The alt right is a term for white nationalists and it was coined by richard spencer. It's only loosely related with trump.
>>
>>51097737

Of course 3 weapons are better than 2, but Combi-flamers are also twice as expensive for a one shot flamer.
>>
File: dickie spencer.jpg (8KB, 359x140px) Image search: [Google]
dickie spencer.jpg
8KB, 359x140px
>>51097786
>Richard Spencer
He is also a joke.
>>
>>51097782
>2015
>2017

I want to believe, but till I put a SoB plastic troop model on top of someones ass, what you said are just rumors like any other.
>>
>>51097838
Combi-weapons and pistols plasma/inferno are expensive for what they do. Maybe if they could shoot in melee.
>>
>>51097531
A noir film about an Inquisitor and his right hand Acolyte diving into the underbelly of a hive city to investigate heretical symbols discovered amongst members of the PDF, and finding a conspiracy involving local gangs, the governor and his family, chaos worshippers, and maybe even the Alpha Legion.

I have no clue who could make it though.
>>
>>51097842
I dislike spencer, but that tweet is taken out of context
>>
>>51097531
Kevin Smith/View Askew Productions. 40k Dogma-style.
>>
>>51097933
>I dislike spencer, but that tweet is taken out of context
whats the context.
also anything to do with that is tweet has to be stupid
>>
Has anyone tried using Tabletop Simulator to play? I kinda want to use some models I don't have but am a poorfag so it seems like a good alternative.
>>
Which Ork Flyer do you want if you want to shoot a Monstrous Creature out of the sky?
>>
>>51097992
its the best way to play digitally, it can be limited in terms of forgeworld stuff, but its a fantastic way to test out stuff before you buy or to simply learn
>>
>>51097846

>3 model Sisters unit on 50mm bases kit
>>
>>51097531
Anything dealing with a Rogue Trader. Probably give it to the Pirates of the Caribbean guys or Quinton Tarantino.
People love pirates and space so why not put them together and use it as a primer for the universe?
>>
>>51098000
>12 Str 6 ap 4 twin linked shots
>2 one use s7 ap 2 large blast armourbane bombs that you need to roll on a table to see if you kill yourself with
>a bunch of shitty torrent heavy flamers that are expensive as hell
I dont know, what do you think?
Dakkajet with extra super shoota ya goof
>>
>>51098012
Looks more like 2 32's and a 40mm.
>>
>>51098012
Plastic Troops. Plastic Troops! For fuck sake.

That is the only thing SoB players are asking for, fucking plastic troops, like every other fucking army.
>>
>>51097637
Wait, can Assault Marines take both Jump Packs and a Drop Pod? That looks illegal.

Otherwise, good until Interceptors or certain castles come into play. A full Battle Comapny would probably give you more mileage.
>>
>>51097871

Combi-weapons are fine on other units, or if you're going with melta troops. Hell, I love my Combi-Plas + Flamer Command squad.
>>
>>51097981
He's actually saying that OPPOSITION to homosexuality was the last stand for traditional white conservatives.
>>
>>51098007

Vassal plays and controls seemlessly I wonder if tabletop simulator can compare to it
>>
>>51098043
Forgot the best part, BS3!
>>
File: df.jpg (133KB, 700x442px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
133KB, 700x442px
I have two questions maybe yall can help with:
The new IA book suggests you can only have 1 crusader and 1 deathcult assassin in a henchman unit for an inquisitor, but is it still possible to take it the way it is in the old inquisition book, and just not take the bonus from this formation?

Also can i still take servo skulls?
>>
>>51098064
>Wait, can Assault Marines take both Jump Packs and a Drop Pod? That looks illegal.
Gladius Assault Squad has no Jumppacks, list builder just apparently has no seperate image.

>Otherwise, good until Interceptors or certain castles come into play
I don't follow, what castles? Also, aren't Interceptors limited in how many units they can shoot?

>A full Battle Comapny would probably give you more mileage.
Battlecompany lacks firepower imho.
>>
>>51098086
now i can see a bit of the logic in it.
if i had the train of thought it might be more reasonable. seriously handing the right wing to Christians was a bad idea.
perhaps it's because i'm a pinkoleaf and i've been a commie most of my life i have no idea how anyone could stand such moral busybodies
>>
>>51098091
vassal plays well for vassal, and the positive of vassal is that it makes exact everything (which it wouldn't be on a real tabletop) it also has every unit imaginable.

Tabletop simulator however, simulates what playing on a tabletop would be like, and not much compares to actual 3d models, and being able to eyeball from the point of view of the model, like in real life, cover and other line of sight stuff, instead of just using the hard computer gamey elements of vassal
>>
>>51098123
>A commie leaf with poor grammar.
Disgusting. I'm just sad we haven't yet nuked or annexed Canada. The benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
>>
>>51098091
>>51098126

TTS is shit with missing links for many models
>>
>>51095818
>Tau
>A caste-based society with strict hierarchy and traditions
>Communist
>>
File: 32149126.jpg (179KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
32149126.jpg
179KB, 598x598px
>>51098048
>>
>>51098182
depends on the faction, and it is trivial to recolor, or edit the desc of a model, to proxy it
>>
>>51098123
No i agree "muh god" arguments are really fucking useless when you're arguing with a largely atheist group. It's painful to see these people on tv representing us.
>>
>>51098191
>Hurr durr space commies
It's a utilitarian dictatorship, fuckwits.
>>
Anyone got a decent list for Minotaurs?
Started collecting them with asterion moloc, hekaton aiakos, 1x tactical, 1x bikes and 1x devastators

Wondering where to go from here, is my first marine army as well
>>
>>51098101
It's 1 unit of Crusaders or Deathcult Assassins. So minimum you have 2 of each if you take 1 of each. So you could have a massive unit that's like

10 Acolytes, 10 Crusaders, 10 Arcos, 10 Death cults, 6 Jokeros, and then 1 of each of the things that is only 1 of them per unit and it's all a massive blob squad, IG style.
>>
>>51098109
Castling, as in "defense in depth/ heavy bubblewrap, sacrificial Rhinos to block LOS", etc.

Interceptors shoot one unit, but if they shoot your Gravdevs first, that's really their main target.

Steve Sisk ran one at LVO, 12 Razorbacks, AA suppression force, etc.
>>
File: jj & bb.png (1MB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
jj & bb.png
1MB, 1080x810px
>>51097531

Abrams. He takes pride in his ability to keep mysteries mysterious for the sake of the audience, he has handled some of the biggest sci-fi properties with reverence, priming them for a new audience while bending over backward to keep the old guard happy.

Not to mention, after watching westworld I am convinced that with the right writing staff he can take on some really heavy worldbuilding.
>>
>>51098182
if you want to play corsairs vs genestealers then sure, but non-forgeworld non-snowflake stuff, it works just fine
>>
>>51098043
>>51098100

Why do people talk trash about the Dakkajet then?
>>
>>51098101
You play happy inquisitor with 6th edition codex. you use servo skulls etc.
Or you play shitty Imperial Agents BUT BUT you have this formation.
The choice is your's.
>>
This is probably a stupid question but are my venoms supposed to be able to move 12 and still shoot at full bs? Or is that combat speed
>>
File: b8a.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
b8a.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>51098233
>Nu trek
>refrences awaken

>good in any way
>>
>>51098229
wait, i dont get what you mean, is the 0-1 just mean minimums, or does it mean, minimum 0 maximum 1 ? You've confused me more
>>
>>51098264
Venoms are Fast, so they can fire 2 weapons at full BS at Cruising Speed. So go ahead.
>>
>>51097531
Animatrix style movie about the horus heresy
>>
>>51098255
Because it's really good... for an Ork units.

In the grand scheme of things it's still pretty mediocre, the idea that Ork are IMPRESSED with Bs3 is laughable when all their units enjoy Bs4 as standard.
>>
>>51098230
>Interceptors shoot one unit, but if they shoot your Gravdevs first, that's really their main target.
Don't they have to shoot the first unit coming down?
>>
>>51098260
ah that is a relief, for real, because the 6th edition Inquisition is more comfy for me.
I mean sure, deathwatch would be nice but i can do without
>>
File: lenin.jpg (7KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
lenin.jpg
7KB, 198x255px
>>51098177
>>A commie leaf with poor grammar.
I'm a bit drunk right now..
also i said most of my life, too many neo-post marxists now a days who focus on the superstructure of capitalism.
Seriously, they should be getting ready right now automation either force a working class uprising when it becomes a problem or genocide of the prolls and yet they are too busy whining about gender.
Furthermore they are the same fuckers who want open boarders no matter how it fucks over the working class.
>annexed Canada.
you tried.
having us as a puppet state is more beneficial over all, your military assets near our capital outnumber all of ours.
no war economy, no one would support it massive nato anger.
you're stuck with us like we're stuck with the french and the syrians
>>
>>51097531
>>51097925
>>51097962
>>51098033
>>51098233
>>51098286
>All these replies forgetting Erasmus Brosdau somewhere on the team
The parade scene was immaculate.
>>
>>51098033
>use it as a primer
No, never ever do this in movies. When you try to bring people up to speed on what an entire decades-long setting is in the course of a single movie it becomes hideously overfilled with exposition, or far too long, or too busy explaining things to actually show us the implication of those things. It's something that consistently brings down video game movies and would do the same for a 40k movie.

A lot of what you'd show on screen is either pretty self-explanatory too, or doesn't need explaining. If you showed daemons being summoned, most people can clearly understand what they're looking at regardless of their knowledge of 40k. If you show hulking armoured space marines, most people can understand that they're meant to be elite troops without having to explain what space marines are. It won't be as in depth as you would want for a primer, but the movie should worry more about being a good movie rather than explaining things that the audience either already knows due to being 40k fans, or doesn't know and most likely doesn't care about due to not being a 40k fan.

And anyway, anything involving a rogue trader would work far better as a TV show than a movie considering the scope of situations a rogue trader could be in.
>>
>>51098330
He's a solid cinematographer and art designer for sure but we haven't seen the full film in order to make a judgement on his directorial capabilities.
>>
>>51098302

Not at all - they don't fire until the end of the movement phase so they get a full selection of targets.
>>
>>51098302
They FAQ'd that I believe. Shooting is at the end of the movement phase, and is done against any enemy unit that arrived from Reserves that turn.

It's also a reason why Deathmarks are such an underrated unit in Necron armies.
>>
>>51098271
Sorry. So it says 0-1 Crusaders, it means 0-1 Crusader unit, so if you decide to take Crusaders, it's a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10. That applies to Arcos and Death Cults as well.

Once you add up all the various units you've decided to take, you form one squad with them. So in theory, you can end up with a massive 40+ man squad if you max out all the 0-1 options. Or you can end up with a very small squad just being the few Acolytes and Inquisitor.

Some of the 0-1 choices however, are just a single model. Astropath for instance is 0-1 and the Astropath unit is just 1 Astropath.
>>
>>51098366

Didn't need to be FAQ'd - that is simply how the rules work.
>>
>>51097531
Guardsmen fighting and dying in trenches, Space Marines only appear at the climax and they are terrifying antiheroic angels of destruction

Knowing GW this will never happen
>>
File: IHCR.png (298KB, 862x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IHCR.png
298KB, 862x1016px
Someone, anyone
>>
>>51098355
Yeah- the preview falls apart when he animates anyone not in power armor. The faces are exaggerated and movements have no real weight to them.

>>51098265
>pic related
>>
File: 1850 SW.png (196KB, 888x852px) Image search: [Google]
1850 SW.png
196KB, 888x852px
So I'm making the transition from just painting to actually playing the game and a threw together this list from what I have

Not looking for anything tournament winning just want some feedback of what to look out for as I'm not that familiar with how things actually play out in game

Later on I'm going to convert some combi weapons for the terminators and probably kitbash an ironpriest to go with a couple more dreadnoughts to try out the ancients of the fang formation since it seems like it could be fun to field (rerolls to hit in cc for the dreads and IWND for them as long as the ironpriest stays alive)
>>
>>51098366
Is there a way to shut this down?
>>
>>51098350
You have a point on things being self explanatory but at the same time it really depends on what is being focused on in terms of the universe. If a 40k movie was to be attempted it's gonna need some sort of exposition dump or you run into the same problem the Warcraft movie had, where they had a lot of jargon but they don't spend any time explaining.
For it to work there needs to be a balance.
The TV idea would be cool, funny as hell if the make it an animated kids show.
>>
File: f32f3f.png (113KB, 309x326px) Image search: [Google]
f32f3f.png
113KB, 309x326px
>>51098377
does the IA book have a list of how many are in each unit?
Wouldn't that imply that a deathwatch unit would join the squad, or are they ALL separate units?

and sorry to bother you with another question but im just looking through this now, does the "Authority of the Inquisition" rule allow you to roll for a warlord trait to replace the native one on unique inquisitors, like say cortez?
>>
>>51098438

Outside of killing the unit with Interceptor, no.
>>
>>51098456
>Explaining the galaxy-wide murderfucking that gave birth to Slaanesh in animated kids show format
I'd laugh my ass off.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>51098330
It could have been cool if it didn't include that fucking edgy twink with the gay ass haircut.
>>
>>51098464
no
>>
Can someone explain to me why the pylons blow up Cadia? I've read the leaks but it just shows Cawl activating them then them exploding? Why is this? How did Abaddon know this was going to happen?
>>
>>51098437
>320 on levis.
I don't get the appeal of them, in a claw they are still a squadren no?
I'd prefer a knight for those points, even worse you didn't give them droppods and i fear those fellas legging it to the enemy, without some longer range guns.
>>
>>51098481
I'd laugh even harder if it was animated by Billionfold.
>>
>>51098511
in the old lore there was soemthing about a lot of demons being able to over load it.
might have something to do with it.
though i'd advise just tapping out there anon.
this game is going for a ride.
and i don't think we'll like it
>>
>>51098464
This means that you can take say, two deathcult assassins as a single unit, on their own, or use the formation and merge them.

Also the rule specifically mentions unique inquisitors rolling for warlord traits, so there is your answer
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (155KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
155KB, 1252x1252px
>>51098320
You could have been the 14th colony.
>>
>>51098438
The best defense is to go "all-in". DS into cover, minimize the amount of Markerlight Drones you run into.

If you don't mind mixing Marines, one option could be to replace the Gladius altogether, and run Blackmanes as your podding component (dem free pods that arrive on turn 1) and keep the Skyhammer as a standalone formation.

Another option exists, which is in the realm of theoryhammer. Use Rhinos to block Interceptor line-of-fire lanes, then Flat-Out them so your Skyhammers can shoot.
>>
>>51098456
I think a movie would work best focusing on a guardsmen. Theymake a good focus for the audience, as they can similarly not know anything about the galaxy as a whole, and you get to slowly introduce the more weird elements. The audience can get a primer as the guardsmen does, and can be appropriately awestruck and terrified by the correct things. You could also have it focus on Tyranids as the enemy, as they need very little explanation.
>>
Noob question: how exactly do squadron vehicles work? Is it just vehicles like Onager Dunecrawlers or Land Speeders that are taken as multiples per unit or can I take them from several sources (for example several Dominus Maniple) and let them form a Squadron on the field, much like several characters can join together to form their own unit?
>>
File: 1483670574202.png (643KB, 1241x727px) Image search: [Google]
1483670574202.png
643KB, 1241x727px
>>51098233
>>51097531

gareth edwards already made a 40k movie
>>
>>51098540
It's just that mcguffin stories are bad as is. Having the Mcguffin backfire on the ones using it is even more asinine.
>>
>>51098464
Yes, there are page numbers next to the units. For instance, 0-1 Crusaders say pg67 in paranthesis. That will show you the units min and max size. They can be taken without that little formation too.

A Deathwatch Veteran squad can join the Inquistor as long as he's from the Ordo Xenos. And then they all form together as one big unit as it says under the Restrictions. That is, if it's the warband you want to take.

So for instance, if you want to have the unit in a transport, you can't take many of the options. However, if you were to maximize all the options, the squad could end up being massive.

Looks like you can roll to give the special Inquisitors a new trait with that ruling. It is confusing wording though isn't it? It looks like with that, you can get 2 Warlord traits. Your army's warlord and his trait, plus the Inquisitors, but then it says the Inquisitor is your warlord?
>>
File: 1433703787364.gif (1MB, 192x163px) Image search: [Google]
1433703787364.gif
1MB, 192x163px
>>51098589
Fuck that could actually work.
>>
>>51098562
We were very different cultures back then anon, and i wish were still were.
Old Davies said we were an introverted country, with a love of quiet stoicism.
It's still like that up in the boonies, but still.
I miss the old Canadian identity.
>>
>>51098583

You have to purchase them as a squadron. So you buy the squad at list creation - they cannot form a squad after that point.
>>
>>51098625
What a shame.

Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>51098456
Fuck the audience

Do the same stereotypical background summary in EVERY BL book and then throw the fuckers to the wolves, they either get into it or they don't

It worked for 80's sci-fi/fantasy movies. It'll work here. No one needs to explained why the powered armored super dudes are shooting machine guns at the demons and aliens dressed in spikes.
>>
>>51098624
>tfw Stan Rogers is dead
>Justin Bieber isn't
It's not fair.
>>
What are some alternatives to the typical Rhinos and Drop Pods for a Space Marine army? I don't really like the idea of dropping a hundred bucks just for some plastic bricks that let my dudes deep strike or avoid getting shot.
>>
File: breen as the hide your pain guy.jpg (69KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
breen as the hide your pain guy.jpg
69KB, 600x848px
>>51098650
>there will be a whole generation that doesn't know Don Cherry.
>>
>>51098615
>but then it says the Inquisitor is your warlord?
thats there so that for the wording for the warlord trait, it would be for your warlord, eg. if your warlord trait says "the warlord gains stubborn" the wording makes it so that it applies to the inquisitor
>>
>>51098589
>>51098620

He certainly knows how to do scale...
>>
>>51098615
Looking at the IA book, it seems like most people would not want to play with you, if you built your army from more than two of the IA armies.
Is there a limit in 40k how many allied detachments you can take in an army?
>>
So I gotta ask, has anyone tried to run a Deathwatch Campaign set during the Badab war?
>>
>>51098770

No - if you happen to play ITC they limit it to 3 total 'sources'
>>
>>51098794
so does the IA book count as a single source?
>>
>>51098744
Thanks for clearing that up.

>>51098770
Not that I know of. Making a big IA army would be a confusing mess though. The Inquisitor Warband is a huge mess as is and most people will have never seen most of those units before.

"So your giant 57 man squad is what exactly?"

10 Crusaders, 10 Acolytes 3 of which have plasma guns, 10 Arcos, 10 Death Cults, 10 Deathwatch, my Inquisitor, a Daemonhost, an Astropath, a Preist, 2 Jokero and a Tech Priest.
>>
File: blood tide.jpg (205KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
blood tide.jpg
205KB, 1000x1000px
>>51094430
>>
>>51098661
The alternatives is either Land Raiders, which are just as expensive, playing a vehicle list and leaving out the foot soldiers or just to footslog and PRAY that your opponent can't just gun you down.
>>
I'm considering getting a second Skitarii Start Collecting box, because its kinda just like a deal, but i have no use for my current Tech Priest, and with a second one, i really wouldn't want it for anything, can it be converted into anything good?
>>
File: More Dreads.png (247KB, 887x1009px) Image search: [Google]
More Dreads.png
247KB, 887x1009px
>>51098514
yeah figured as much, the appeal of the leviathan to me is that its just a GOOD SOLID DREADNOUGHT

this is more of what I planned to do in the future figured that I could make use of the fact that SW terminators can deep strike now and free up the space used by the AV14 block for more dreadnoughts and droppods
>>
>>51098834
fucking yes
>>
>>51098832
"and in reserve i have more deathwatch in a flyer, a unit of Legion of the Damned, oh and did i mention the assassin and pysker units i have back here?"
>>
>>51098827

The main rulebook implies that yes it is. Because technically it all comes from the same codex. It hasn't come up in my meta yet because, in the absence of an answer from the ITC or GW, we're playing that you can still use the old Inq. sources which every player is using right now.
>>
File: Crimson fisting.jpg (225KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson fisting.jpg
225KB, 1024x1448px
>>51098868
>>51094430
>>
File: Ultrafemmarine.jpg (245KB, 764x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Ultrafemmarine.jpg
245KB, 764x1013px
>>
>>51098857
Depends. If you don't want to use it as a Tech-Priest, what else would you use it for, especially when you play Skitarii?
>>
>>51098298

How is the Dakkajet wing then?

The Tank Hunter against other Flyers is odd, but I suppose it has it's uses.
>>
File: Imperial fisting.png (897KB, 783x892px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial fisting.png
897KB, 783x892px
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 848x1018px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 848x1018px
>>51098857
>>
>>51098661
Depending on your chapter tactics a raven with dread is a good combo. Sicarans are an option as well if you're willing to spend the money. Iron Hands psy powers stretch your dollar when it comes to transports and can make a sicaran av14 all around for a turn. With the Armoured Task Force formation; a techmarine, up to three thunderfires and up to three vindicators(!) predators or whirlwinds that gets your techies passing their repairs on a 2+ with a servo harness. All of your vehicles have 6+ IWND, 4+ with the Ironstone in a bubble which repairs immobilized or weapon destroyed and THEN 3+ with a lucky roll on the Clan Raukaan traits, but only effect one UNIT
>>
>>51096707
NEW THREAD
>>51096707
ALSO AN OLD THREAD
>>51096707
>>
>>51098911
Sell it individually? I don't know if people would buy it, though.
>>
>>51099127
People definitely would. The model is incredibly expensive on its own and mandatory for pretty much all relevant AdMec lists, so there's always buyers.

It's also a cool model so there'll definitely be some collectors too.
>>
>>51099149
Is there a reason people don't sell parts from boxed sets individually and reap profit off of that? Or is that done and I'm just dumb? I saw a Tau army being sold recently and wish I had the cash to buy it - $200 for a Skyray, Hammerhead, Devilfish, another tank, a Riptide, and like 50 other figures. I don't even /play/ Tau and I want that deal.
>>
>>51099250
There's literal bit empires on ebay that only focus separate parts. Things like Dominus bits are just not sold separately because you generally don't have many options to use the parts outside a dominus and can get a full one for like 10 bucks anyway on ebay.
>>
>>51098648
>It worked for 80's sci-fi/fantasy movies. It'll work here.

As much as I hate to lombast "these damn Millennials!" The current generation expects entertainment to be instant gratification (or only shortly-delayed gratification) and accessibility.

The 40K universe is not accessible to a brand-new person without a LOT of background reading.

The easiest way to "introduce" people to 40K is to do a Band of Brothers/The Pacific style of miniseries - ten/twelve episodes, each one an hour long, that begins with a brand-new, generic Guard regiment going through boot camp both planetside and in the ship that's transporting them to the front. This introduces the foundations of the Imperium and how it functions. At least here in the beginning, the tone will be kept lighter - things like servitors will be minimally seen (though still present enough to BE seen), Psykers and the like will be mentioned, but not yet seen, classroom training session that go over basic strategy, Imperial history, and tenets of the Imperial faith - all of the basic stuff. Propaganda posters will be everywhere in the ships, and readable by the audience, planting the seeds for later actors like Space Marines, the Imperial Navy, the Ecclessiarchy, etc. by having them depicted and perhaps talked about by the characters. They then get their briefing - they're taking part in a punitive campaign to crush a separatist rebellion on a proto-Hive World, and the rebels have captured and fortified around two of the five Hives that exist on the planet. All of this exposition will be the first 50 minutes.

Last ten minutes of the first episode, however, they drop onto the planet. This brand-new regiment gets thrown straight into the meat grinder - faulty intel drops them right in the heart of combat, against a foe that is FAR more prepared for them than Command thought. They're reduced from 5000 men to only ~800, in a non-stop, violent, brutal, gory action sequence.

Welcome to 40K.
>>
>>51099305
Hrm. Now I'm considering doing the same (selling bits).
>>
>>51099314
Can we have an outline of more episodes? Sounds great.
>>
>>51097363
>then get purged by Dark Angels for their betrayal

sweet, delicious irony.
>>
>>51097642
Because demon players are the scrubs who push that tau is somehow in the top 3, despite not winning a major tournament in 2016. Its called deflecting.
>>
>>51099433
You think that's good? In Wrath of Magnus the Dark Angels tell the Space Wolves that hiding the Wulfen and their killing of a few Dark Angels scouts is grounds for them to be declared traitors.
>>
wanting to start a guard army.

Anyone have any suggestions for guardsmen heads made by other companies?

I am happy to go with pig iron production krieg-esqu heads, but just wanted to see if i had missed any other options before i commit to the plan.
>>
>>51100048
Pig-Iron, Victoria Miniatures, Maxmini, Kromlech, Anvilindustries (anvil are the best in my opinion), and you can also find some heads on shapeways.
>>
File: IMG_1877.jpg (37KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1877.jpg
37KB, 324x400px
>>51100048
It's not another company but cadian gasmask heads look pretty cool on elysians.
>>
Does anyone happen to have some of the anvil industries heads on guardsmen?
>>
>>51100363
Dude that's baller as fuck

If I were made of money that would ABSOLUTELY be my Guard regiment
>>
File: scalecomparison2.jpg (293KB, 1140x932px) Image search: [Google]
scalecomparison2.jpg
293KB, 1140x932px
>>51100609
This is almost what you're asking for.
>>
File: IMG_1789.jpg (62KB, 640x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1789.jpg
62KB, 640x318px
>>51100849
They are from this one blog on warseer from like 2011. Was able to just recently retrack it down.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?323246-The-PCRC-presents-Rehab-of-8-Addicts
>>
>>51097289
Take the Knot!
>>
>>51097289
which would you prefer? An imperial fisting or an iron hand job
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.