[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 54

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous kalpa: >>51052921
>>
File: 1453681084957.jpg (586KB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1453681084957.jpg
586KB, 1920x4320px
First for DAGOTH UR DID NOTHING WRONG,he only wanted to EXPEL THE MONGREL DOGS OF THE EMPIRE!
>>
>>51091325
Dagoth Ur
>>
What are daedra?
Why was it possible to become one?
Can you usurp the throne by murdering one of the princes?

I am genuinely confused.
>>
>>51091325
>not UR A DAGETH
>>
>>51091359
>What are daedra?
primoridal spirits that didn't participate in the forming of the various races
>Why was it possible to become one?
if you were a spirit before Lorkhan tricked everyone into creating Mundus and you said "nah" to him
>Can you usurp the throne by murdering one of the princes?
no, they will eventually regenerate/come back into physical existence
>>
>>51091359
Daedra are expressions of the fundamental force of change.

It is possible to become one through mantling. Think of it like this: the world is a dream. In this dream there are several characters. Have you ever had a dream where one character shifted to another, because while dreaming you forgot the difference? That's mantling. A character in a dream does enough things like B character in the dream, and the dreamers forget the difference.
>>
>>51091379
>if you were a spirit before Lorkhan tricked everyone into creating Mundus and you said "nah" to him
I mean, how did Champion of Kvatch became the Sheogorath?
>Inb4 he's just nuts and THINKS he's Sheo
>>
File: tumblr_n8edbcfdUE1sebltro6_1280.jpg (109KB, 920x1059px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8edbcfdUE1sebltro6_1280.jpg
109KB, 920x1059px
I am unreasonably upset that this sword didn't make it into the game. A modder needs to get to work.
>>
>>51091406
This is one of the best explanations of mantling I've seen on this board. Although thanks to the "lol look at me how metaphysical and MK, /v/ won't understand lmao" posters, there was not much competition.
>>
>>51091463
>Inb4 he's just nuts and THINKS he's Sheo
that's literally how mantling (>>51091406) works. in TES lore everybody and everything is just a projection of the Dreamer, and if you can make the Dreamer think that you are something else, than you literally become that thing. in the case of Sheogorath and the Champion, they seemed to have assumed facets of each other and fused into one entity.
>>
>>51091481
Ironically the explanation you just praised is MK as fuck, dumbass.
>>
>>51091511
>>51091481
metaphysics are fun as fuck stop shitting on them
you can talk about metaphysics without getting as deep up your own asshole as kirkbride
>>
>>51091359
>Can you usurp the throne by murdering one of the princes?
It happened in Oblivion. You became Sheogorath because there was a void that needed to be filled and you were convinced you became Sheogorath.
>>
>>51091545
yes but you need to do more than just kill a daedra to assume it's position, otherwise Vivec would be half of the entire pantheon just by himself
>>
Soooo... mantling is a sort of... reincarnation? Except the original being is still there when the new one is born.
>>
>>51091601
Iirc, most of the forms of mantling we've seen have been mortals to divine beings, so less reincarnation and more ascension.

But also in a way, death. The champion of cyrodil now behaves exactly like sheogorath, but with vague memories of being a mortal. His or her original personality has been almost entirely forgotten by the dreamer.
>>
>>51091601
Kind of, but much more literal. It has to do with the fact that reality in TES is a dream, and the only reason it looks/feels/acts like reality is because Lorkhan, a trickster god, created Mundus, the realm of matter, which is basically the solar system that Nirn, the planet that the games take place on, is in. Outside of Mundus, it's all magic bullshit, and outside of the magic bullshit it's the Dreamsleeve, and there is nothing outside of that because that's all that exists. Mantling is literally just tricking God into thinking that you're somebody else, but it's not as simple as putting on their clothes; you have to become so alike to that thing that there is functionally no difference at all between you, and the dreamer just assumes that you two are the same thing.
>>
File: 2187956.jpg (116KB, 890x699px) Image search: [Google]
2187956.jpg
116KB, 890x699px
>>51091325
>>
Which providence has the best weather? Also do natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes/tsunamis exist in-universe? I can't think of a single book that touches on a hurricane.
>>
>>51091769
Post-Talos Cyrodiil looks extremely comfy. Probably Summerset Isle is the second best. Though I'd personally prefer Solitude because sea+cold is amazing.
>>
>>51091769
>best weather
High Rock
>natural disasters
Nirn doesn't work like Earth, there are no shifting plates to cause earthquakes/tsunamis. Hurricanes were made by Maormer in ESO but they're not natural. The only natural disasters that happen are Volcanoes, because Lorkhan's heart is a dick.
>>
>>51091876
But Red Mountain exploded long after the Nerevarine destroyed Lorkhan's Heart in the Third Era, no?
>>
>>51091876
Bullshit.
>Mehrunes Dagon seems to prefer natural disasters—earthquakes and volcanoes—for venting his anger.
>Mehrunes Dagon is the god of destruction. He is associated with natural dangers like fire, earthquakes, and floods.
>>
>>51091845
>sea+cold is amazing
No, man
There's literally nothing worse than cold weather combined with sea wind
>>
>>51091999
Different cocks for different folks, man.
>>
>>51091908
Red mountain erupted only about 10 years after.
>>51091973
>natural
>caused by a God stomping about
>>
>>51092166
"is associated with" != "exclusively causes"
Not to mention that Mehrunes is a natural part of this universe, as he embodies the very concept of Destruction.
>>
>>51092166
>Red mountain erupted only about 10 years after.
No, it erupted after the Ministry of Truth fell, and there would be no cause for it to erupt without Lorkhan's Heart if there were no natural disasters. The Mountain is also STILL active in Skyrim.
>>
File: 1458449183727.jpg (157KB, 730x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1458449183727.jpg
157KB, 730x1094px
Hey guys I've been getting the itch to boot up Morrowind again and I was wondering how well OpenMW was doing and what the compatibility level with mods is?

I'm also not sure if I want to go as a Redoran or Telvanni. I know that Redoran has one really good mod but that Telvanni has to that are imcompatable? Which of th emods do you guys reccomend?

Sorry, I know that this isn't exactly on-topic for this thread but I figured it was the best place to ask from a roleplaying perspective.
>>
>>51091601
>original being is still there
The one who mantles and the one who is manteled are the same.
You walk like them until they walk like you. Act like a god until you become a god.

So no, it's not quite like reincarnation.

>>51091670
>But also in a way, death
It's certainly not entirely unlike identity death.
>>
>>51092292
>No, it erupted after the Ministry of Truth fell
And when was this, genius?
>>
>>51092406
After Neravarine destroyed the final horcrux and had sweet sweet sex with Ron Weasley' sister.
>>
>>51092406
You're still ignoring the fact that Lorkhan's Heart was already destroyed at the time, genius. What causes volcanic eruptions?
>>
>>51093251
>What causes volcanic eruptions?
The active volcano + large earthquake = big boom. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>51093537
And how do you suppose you have an active volcano without tectonic plates?
>>
>>51093251
>destroyed
Nah, it's not destroyed, just unshackled from its imprisoning enchantments. You can't destroy the Heart of the World.
>>
>>51093598
Heart of a dead god. I'm not even sure Tamriel has plates.
>>
>>51093856
Sure it has tectonic plates, they're just the scales of Shor's armour
>>
>>51093932
Anon, those are pectonic plates.
>>
>>51093251
Lorkhan's heart is absolutely not destroyed. That bum... ba-bum... is all over the place in Skyrim's music.

It's just not where Auri-el threw it anymore.
>>
>>51093957
Ayyyyy
>>
>>51093979
>>51093713
>>51093856
the anon i was responding to said that Nirn had no tectonic plates, but it's impossible to have an active volcano that erupts and stays active without tectonic plates. I know that Lorkhan's Heart wasn't actually destroyed, otherwise the planet would fucking fall apart, but it's definitely not in Red Mountain anymore, so it can't be the reason for the eruptions.
>>
>>51094013
>t's impossible to have an active volcano that erupts and stays active without tectonic plates
The world is literally made from the corpses of godlike beings. In other words:
M A G I C
A
G
I
C
>>
File: SjWKfju.jpg (386KB, 2560x1594px) Image search: [Google]
SjWKfju.jpg
386KB, 2560x1594px
Sure it's C0DA, but in it Nirn looks like this.

Maybe there indeed are plates, slowly dwifting due to the Wheels movement.
>>
>>51094044
tes lore is more than just "lol it's magic dont gotta explain shit"
>>
>>51094044
>The world is literally made from the corpses of godlike beings
>is literally made from the corpses
>literally
you seem to have missed the point of TES lore, anon
it's not literal
>>
>>51094058
Or maybe just the wheels themselves.
>>
>>51094089
you mean like the wheels are nirn's plates?
>>
>>51094082
Their world doesn't function in the same way ours does. The volcano formed because the heart was placed there, not because some plate moved.
>>
I don't see why there wouldn't be plate tectonics. The plates of our world could conceivably be called the earth's bones and the earthbones are entirely a thing.

If A is equal to B and B is equal to C, A is equal to C. So just cause it's one thing doesn't mean it isn't also another thing.
>>
>>51094201
Right but that doesn't explain why there's lava and shit there in the first place.
Just because it's not our world doesn't mean everything is different.
>>
>>51094119
Or that earthquakes are the results of reverberations through the wheels, like if you punched a clock.
>>
>>51094241
Earthbones are more like laws of physics than physical objects. Consider Y'ffre, who defines growing things like plants and languages.
>>
>>51094444
>>51094255
>>51094301
>>51094241
>>51094201
>>51094119
>>51094089
>>51094044
okay how about we just simplify the argument and say that since there's no proof that there AREN'T tectonic plates, none of this actually fucking matters?
>>
>>51094491
>none of this actually fucking matters?
If you don't want to discuss tes lore, no one is forcing you to be here. Feel free to leave.
>>
>>51094506
but you guys are arguing about something which has never been mentioned in TES lore
>>
>>51094520
C0DA nigga, we make our own lore
>>
>>51094520
Which is why we're trying to use other sources like c0da images to try and explain what we do know.
Ignore this retard
>>51094541
>>
>>51094561
c0da's not canon
>>
>>51094561
>The only way I can have fun is by deepthroating Kirkbride's unwashed cock
>>
>>51094573
>>51094592
seems like today is a bad day for lore
>>
>>51094592
In my headcanon MK keeps a very clean dick
>>
>>51094631
fanfiction isn't lore, anon
>>
>derailed by tectonic plates
Sweet irony.
>>
>>51094661
video games are not real
>>51094669
>lore talk is derailment
???
>>
>>51094687
>hurr durr headcanon
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Well, that was embarrassing.
>>
>>51094949
If the shitposters left, I'd like to get back to the idea of wheels causing earthquakes. Makes me wonder if that would leave permanent damage within Nirn.
>>
File: Breton_(mw).png (78KB, 201x258px) Image search: [Google]
Breton_(mw).png
78KB, 201x258px
The blue plates are nice, but the tectonic ones seem to last longer.
>>
>>51094444
I know that, but they're many things. The earthbonrs are the physical laws and they're the aedra and they're the ehlnofey potentially.

They could also literally be the bones of the earth, or plates could exist independently too.
>>
>>51095005
Wheels moving under the crust might create tensions within it, which are occasionally discharged as nirnquakes.

This would be the only perceived tectonic effect, as Nirn is way too young for the continental drift to have any actual relevance.
>>
>>51091406
>Have you ever had a dream where one character shifted to another, because while dreaming you forgot the difference? That's mantling

Shit, yeah. All the time. First you're my best friend from the third grade, but by the end, you're a co-worker of mine, though somehow I still see you as the same person in the dream. Always wondered what that was, didn't know there was a term for it.
>>
>>51095098
>didn't know there was a term for it.
there's not, it's just an analogy
>>
Just got here, did anything important happen last thread?
>>
>>51091769
The names of some daedric siege towers in oblivion are named after natural disasters, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, and I believe tsunami as well, might be mixed up on that last one. I believe Dagon is in charge of natural disasters, so if he's moody he may conjure up a disaster, but azura /arguably/ assaulted winterhold with extreme waves that eroded the cliffs to fuck with that fuckboy who stole the Star.
Daedra can do them basically, but tamriel lacks real world weather science because magic, so take from that what you will.
>>
File: UZj2y.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
UZj2y.png
8KB, 256x256px
>>51095322
I know the Shadowmarks are probably based mostly off of hobo signals, but has anyone ever noticed that the Thieve's Guild logo looks a lot like one of the panels on the Puzzle Cube?
>>
>>51095084
Wonder if Nirn has like a mariana trench, where the gears have torn the sea floor open and ocean life thrives
>>
>>51095769
There's a reference to "Marukh's Abyss" in The Doors of Oblivion book. Might be it.
>>
>>51095507
It's literally an eye.
>>
>>51095769
Maybe...
>>
File: This watch is not waterproof.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
This watch is not waterproof.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>51095769
>The Wheels of Lull now have water damage
>It's impossible to get the finish on the floors fixed, the tile is fucked
>Fucking sload have now taken up residence in the core of Nirn - not even doing anything malicious, just being all slimy and rude
>Memory now has fish swimming around in her databank/face
>Lord Fyr comes by to see the old neighborhood, Tel Fyr is immediately flooded
>Corprusarium is flooded to the top, Yagrum is floating across the seas like a particularly whiny bouy - last seen somewhere around the Topal Sea, yelling at Argonians about tree aliens
>mfw
>>
>>51096131
I'm just imagining Memory and yagrum in those little water-wing floaty things.
>>
>>51095841
>The simplest and most maddeningly complex way to go to Oblivion was simply to cease to be here, and begin to be there.
Don't see much else about the abyss, but the sload sacrificial coral tower seems fun
>>
>>51095769
Dreugh, possibly?
>>
>>51096455
Dreugh have their own Tower, except theirs is inverse, being a bottomless pit on the seafloor.
>>
>>51096485
How would the Thalmor even disable that?
>>
>>51096624
Fill it up with magical sparky concrete.
>>
>>51096624
very very carefully
>>
>>51096624
Do Thalmor even have enough force left to try?
Great war was great but I think altmer birth rates are slow, so in 20 years Empire will be ready for round 2 when Dominion will still suffer from all war loses.
>>
>>51096624
With a really big jar of caulk.
>>
>>51096755
Unless the Stormcloaks win.
>>
Does TES have an actual concrete beginning/end, or is it an infinite recursion thing where there's an endless chain of godheads and guys from their dreams acheiving amaranth and starting their own dreams?
>>
>>51096801
At one point, the Godhead got ko'd by his brother, and started dreaming about Anu, Nir, and Padomey. The end depends on if you accept c0da/Loveletter as being canon or not.
>>
>>51096624
Pee in it.
>>
>>51096801
http://www.newwhirlingschool.com/lessons/15.php

Dagoth Ur intended to break the Godhead and mantle it, likely such a action would have resulted in the end of whatever cycles you describe.
>>
>>51096793
Adhering to WGC was a mistake Empire should have allowed worship of Talos in Skyrim and call bluff on banana side.
For love of Dibella, Hammerfell won "on their own", it looks like Dominion don't have any offensive capacity left, their resources spent.
>>
Not this Civil War shit again.
>>
>>51096984
They didn't enforce the WGC until Ulfric held Markarth hostage and forced Jarl Igmund to renounce the pact, which in turn forced the Empire to make a show of force to keep the bluff up long enough to rebuild their garrisons. Even Alvor, a stonch Imperial supporter says that he remembers keeping a shrine in his home when he was younger, and Tulius blatantly gives no fucks about anything other than keeping the Empire in one piece.

And Hammerfelld didn't 'win' anything. Having a faltering rebellion isn't the same thing as taking on an entire nation.
>>
>>51097121
>And Hammerfelld didn't 'win' anything. Having a faltering rebellion isn't the same thing as taking on an entire nation.
Is there an Aldmeri administration in Hammerfall?
No.
So they won, Dominion victory condition was to stop the rebellion. Rebellion victory condition was to force Dominion out.
Dominion was forced out so rebels achieved victory.
They didn't have to do anything more as they get what they wanted of that war so it is a win for them.
>>
>>51097272
>Dominion was forced out
Except in Skyrim there are multiple references to the rebellion being ongoing, and Kematu feels it's necessary to ensure the PC that the rebel forces hasn't been defeated while explaining that Sadiea or whatever her name was is the reason that a rebel controlled city was captured by the Dominion.
>>
File: skyrim dragons.png (2MB, 1634x1048px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim dragons.png
2MB, 1634x1048px
Oblivion and Skyrim seem like a great setup to the fall of the empire. I know the games have been talking about the empire crumbling since Daggerfall but this time it was a major game point. Some people think TES VI will be all about the towers falling but that seems waaay too ambitious for bethesda

or, a new hero comes to mantle Talos (again) and make the emire great again a la Aragorn from LOTR
>>
>>51097366
>Except in Skyrim there are multiple references to the rebellion being ongoing
Nope
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Great_War_(book)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Second_Treaty_of_Stros_M%27Kai
Dominion yielded, being unable to force Redguards to surrender.

I think what Kemanu was saying was about relatively long past
>>
>>51097450
Huh. I guess I stand corrected. Keanu needs to work on his speeches.
>>
>>51097428
Strictly speaking, the Empire is resurgent during Daggerfall. It's a miracle Uriel Septim VII manage to regain as much order as he did considering the severity of the Simulacrum.
Morrowind has Wulf and his warning, but the first real catastrophe in the post-Tharn era is the Oblivion Crisis, which radically changed Tamriel. The Empire's current position is really a direct consequence of the death of the Septims and the Oblivion Crisis.
>>
File: annoyedpepe.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyedpepe.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>thread almost immediately becomes anti-MK/anti-fan-lore shitpostery
>>
>>51097728
People who keep bringing it up are the worst. Cause either you stealth-want to bring it back up as a conversation topic or you stealth-want to induce argument. Either way is bad and before you the last MK post was 20 or more posts ago.
>>
>>51097728
It happened, it's over, move on.
>>
>>51097428
They did say that the reason they were holding back TES VI for a while was because the technology wasn't there yet and they were gonna do something really ambitious.

Who knows what that means, though. Their ambition might be releasing a bug-free game...
>>
File: 1483810902446.gif (627KB, 301x398px) Image search: [Google]
1483810902446.gif
627KB, 301x398px
>>51097728
>anon posts a frog and is upset about something that happened several hours ago
Why is Lorkhan depicted as demonic in most art I've seen? He dindu nuffin wrong
>>
I remember Jills being posted about before, but I've already forgot what exactly they do. Don't they perform damage control during Dragon-breaks? Who are they sent by, Akatosh, right? Do the Aedra and Daedra work outside the bounds of "time" as we perceive it, or are they always moving forward with the rest of Nirn? What exactly can the Jills do? What's their "power-level" in a sense. Aren't they just dragons, or can they come in the form of something else? And can you point me towards the sources as well? Sorry, my memory is failing me here.
>>
File: 13449313273203s.jpg (6KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
13449313273203s.jpg
6KB, 175x175px
>>51097788
>Their ambition might be releasing a bug-free game...
Or, god forbid, a finished one.
>>
>>51097798
Someone correct me if I'm wrong
>Don't they perform damage control during Dragon-breaks?
Yes

>Who are they sent by, Akatosh, right?
Yes

>Do the Aedra and Daedra work outside the bounds of "time" as we perceive it, or are they always moving forward with the rest of Nirn?
They've got a weird perception of time and space. Time and space function normally within Nirn, but their own realms, which are extensions of themselves, distort those properties.

>What exactly can the Jills do?
Fix shit for Akatosh. Things like dealing with Mannimarco becoming a god, the Hist fucking with causality, or fixing the fragments left from a Dragonbreak into something workable.

>What's their "power-level" in a sense.
Lower than Akatosh, possibly tied with most male dragons, but focused on cosmic control and power rather than physical

>Aren't they just dragons, or can they come in the form of something else?
Pretty sure they're just girl druggenz that attent to Akatosh.

>And can you point me towards the sources as well?
A lot of that came from my spotty recollection of MK's drunken ramblings, sorry
>>
>>51097791
Probably a rhetorical question, but it's because the Merish Descendants of the Old Ehlnofey are assmad because they've been mortalized by Lorkhan, right?

Come to think of it, why did the et'Ada who became the Old Ehlnofey stay in Mundus anyways? If they were so pissed at Lorkhan, couldn't they just have left Mundus?
>>
So is an Elder Scrolls kalpa supposed to be shorter, longer, or the same length as a Hindu kalpa?
>>
>>51096801
There's a bit in I forget which book that goes like "...the images you give birth to in your dream-- stolen (?) from first dreamer..." which seems to suggest that there was an original dreamer
>>
>>51097798
>>51097875
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/nu-hatta-sphinxmoth-inquiry-tree
>>
>>51097929
>Come to think of it, why did the et'Ada who became the Old Ehlnofey stay in Mundus anyways?
The ones who fled didn't give a piece of themselves to create Mundus. The ones who did couldn't leave because they were tied to it, and it eventually became their grave.
>>
>>51097791
>Why is Lorkhan depicted as demonic in most art I've seen?
Because, to a lot of cultures he's a demon. He's THE arch-fiend of Altmeri faith, and is for example vilified in Khajiiti faith (though he's kind of a secondary villain).
>>
>>51097964
Yes
>>
>>51097791
A lot of gods were not happy about being tricked into being used as biomass for a giant machine.
>>
>>51097791
Because everything is his fault.
War? His fault. Famine? His fault. Plague? His fault. Stubbed your toe? His fault. That cheap slut Stacy turned you down at prom? His fault.
>>
>>51097791
Allow me to explain with the power of dank maymays.
>>
>>51098133
Fault?
Or opportunity to overcome and make yourself into a better person by the example of the blessed ancestors, saints and Almsivi, fetcher.

(Not all elves hate the snake.)
>>
Allright, so what exactly was Lorkhan's motivation to create mundus? Fucking with the other powerful et'Ada?
>>
>>51098306
Amaranth.
>>
>>51098306
A chance at achiving Amaranth
>>
File: desiretoknowmore.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desiretoknowmore.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>51098328
What's that?
>>
>>51098282
Same shit different spin.
>>
>>51098367
A new Dreamer, free of Anu's despair. A better Universe.
>>
>>51098398
Free of Anu's despair? Please explain.
>>
>>51098367
The remade universe/the Godhead's fixed psyche without Padomey's pissed off ghost yelling about getting cucked, Nir's dead body floating around, or Anu crying in his coma
>>
>>51098418
Dude is pissed that his brother stole/(maybe murdered) his girlfriend.
>>
>>51098367
A new dreamer within the godhead. Basically a comatose god, someone who has the power to kickstart a new universe.
>>
>>51098457
So who's his girlfriend, and where can I read more about this? I knew about Anu and Padomay, but not Nir and Amaranth.
>>
>>51098619
Basics are right in the Anuad dog
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/annotated-anuad
>>
>>51098619
Check the Anuad and a few other related writings on IL.

Basically Padomey loved Nir but she rejected him for Anu, Poppa P didn't take it well, went berserk, beat the fuck out of Anu and killed Nir. Anu killed Padomey but not before being mortally wounded and falling into a comatose state.

Armaranth is basically finding a way to resolve the conflict between Stasis and Change and restarting the universe in the process.
>>
Why is there no city in Skyrim as grand as Daggerfall, is it because those brutish Nords know nothing but how to drink, fight and yell?
>>
>>51098747
Daggerfall cities were a set of 15 buildings plonked down in randomly generated spaces.

Skyrim cities have more actual scripted events more complex than mob spawns and pop-ups, and aren't just random output placed in a static environment.

It's the same reason Oblivion doesn't have a proper version of the Imperial City - it's just too hard for the writers, designers, and artists to come up with and implement enough content to fill up all that space.
>>
>>51098747
Depends what you mean by grand, I'm sure the Solitude of lore is more grand than Daggerfall. There's a reason the Empire has always been so connected to the city, and it is floating over a cliff and crap, looking all majestic. Winterhold probably also used to be similarly grand if a bit unconventional.
>>
File: Lord Bridwell.jpg (155KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Bridwell.jpg
155KB, 664x800px
>>51098747
This man speaks the truth, the Nords are nothing but wild savages, with no regard for the refined aspect of city life.
>>
>>51098888
>His cities aren't giant fortresses designed to hold milk drinking elven whoresons at bey and stop packs of werewolves

Get a load of this fanceeh man with his fanceeh non-fortress cities. Go be fanceeh somewhere else fanceeh man.
>>
File: Arena_Jagar_Tharn_Vision.png (20KB, 639x290px) Image search: [Google]
Arena_Jagar_Tharn_Vision.png
20KB, 639x290px
>"Tharn!" Symmachus snarled in disgust and frustration, as he paced about the small chamber where Barenziah, now some months pregnant, was sitting serenely, knitting a baby blanket. "Jagar Tharn, indeed. I wouldn't give him directions for crossing the street."
>"What have you against this person, husband?"
>"I just don't trust that mongrel elf. Part wood elf, part dark elf and part only the gods know what. All the worst qualities of all his combined races. No one knows much about him. Claims he was born in Valenwood, of a wood elf mother. Seems to have been everywhere since--"
>Barenziah, sunk in the contentment of pregnancy had only been humoring Symmachus thus far, but this piqued her interest. "Nightingale? Could he have been this Jagar Tharn, disguised?"
>"Nay. Human blood seems to be the one missing component in Tharn's ancestry."

Is Jagar Tharn actually Mankar Camoran's pre-nymic-surgery-self?
>>
>>51099133
That line about non-human ancestry seems to have been retconned as of ESO. Abnur Tharn specifically declares himself as an Imperial of Nibenese descent.
>>
>>51099173
Who cares about ESO.
>>
>>51099133
That's a fun theory, and the connections are very clearly there.
Tharn melted though, so that might be an issue.
>>
>>51099184
Just me and two or three other guys as far as this thread is concerned.
>>
>>51099133
>>51099173
>>51099224
>>51099225
Maybe Tharn had human ancestry that Symmachus just didn't know about?
>>
>>51099290
It's possible. Given that race defaults to the mother unless something crazy like the project that created the Bretons happens, it seems at least plausible that a long-lasting family of nobles like House Tharn would've had to make some compromises in terms of bloodline purity for the sake of forming alliances. And it's not like genetics reports were laying around where anyone could find them.
>>
File: mankar_camoran_by_smeha-d5vu6o1.jpg (6MB, 3601x4072px) Image search: [Google]
mankar_camoran_by_smeha-d5vu6o1.jpg
6MB, 3601x4072px
>>51099224
He might very well performed the surgery prior to being liquified, essentially pulling a Moneymanko and creating two separate versions of himself: Jagar and Mankar.
>"He did it with the Razor, cutting his nymix back into a versioned Dawn."

This would also help to reconcile the fact that Mankar is supposedly both the posthumous son of Haymon Camoran (3E 267) and a contemporary of Timer Septim (2E~ - 3E1) - his altered self appeared earlier in time and wrote the Commentaries.

Also he might've just been adopted into House Tharn.
>>
>>51098695
Does the current universe end when someone achieves Amaranth?
>>
>>51099862
I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>51096131
>Yagrum is floating across the seas like a particularly whiny bouy - last seen somewhere around the Topal Sea, yelling at Argonians about tree aliens

I need a mod that adds Yagrum just floating out in the ocean with dialog related to this.
>>
>>51099862
Things persist between worlds, not everything but important things do.
>>
>>51099862
Better explination:

Chim is achieving zen, Amaranth is becoming it.

Where as chim is realizing you are in a dream, Amaranth is where you sacrifice yourself to make your own dream. Your mental state during that sacrifice heavily influences how this world turns out.
>>
>>51099373
Alternatively, he did it not in the original Arena utimeline, but rather in reconstructed post-Warp one.
>>
File: lorkhan elves elder scrolls.png (451KB, 1399x2714px) Image search: [Google]
lorkhan elves elder scrolls.png
451KB, 1399x2714px
>>51098178
I love this meme
>>
File: canon.png (2MB, 740x2250px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
2MB, 740x2250px
>>
>>51101535
Fuck me, I spat my drink out.
>>
>>51099173
It'd be weird for Tharn to work like that anyway, he can't be more than two races together. His entire backstory doesn't seem to be very clear.
>>
>>51101535
Made me giggle.
>>
>>51091476
>two handed falchion
>holds it with one hand
>>
>>51099173
>Trusting Abnur Tharn
>>
I wish there were some more casual games set in the universe. Like, a Morrowind point n click or something. Or a Puzzle Quest skinned for TES, that would be grand.
>>
>>51097875
>male dragons
Does this imply that there are female dragons?
>>
>>51103475
I don't think dragons have sexes, but like the deadric princes mortals would see some as masculine and some as feminine
>>
>>51103130
>being that fucking dumb
Flash news: you can touch two-handed weapons with only one hand.
>>
File: installing Skyrim.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
installing Skyrim.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>51103269
Skyrim is already as casual as it gets.
>>
>>51104321
TES isn't a smartphone app yet. We have to go further.
>>
>>51104352
there have been several phone games, though they were before smart phones.
>>
>>51104352
I think you mean Facebook app.
>>
>>51104352
>Infinite runner but it's Oblivion protag running away from guards

>Angry birds but you're throwing dragonborns at dragons
>>
>>51097855
Finishing the game is what the modding community is for.
>>
>>51098820
iirc winterhold was nearly three times it's current size before the glaciers melted or whatever caused it to collapse.
>>
>>51097428
Those are cliff race right? Why do I see a lot of people saying they were "traumatized" by them? They are not that hard to beat.
>>
>>51105586
They are not hard to beat, yes. But they are EVERYWHERE, almost silent, and flying. Real fucking annoying.
Jiub became saint for a reason.
>>
>>51096184
I want to stay with Memory until she finally reaches adulthood after 12.000 years and join her in the final apocalypse to preverse all life in the exodus to a new world. Except the Altmer. They need to die out. In a pinch, Argonians can slide but the Hist will likely protect them with some deus ex machina.
>>
Do you guys believe the theory that the collapse of Winterhold was caused by the Dragonborn finding the Eye of Magnus in Saarthal, which in turn somehow caused a disaster in the past, altering time, and that the original Winterhold questline was going to end with the Dragonborn reversing this time-disaster, making it so that the Great Collapse never happened and Winterhold would become a decent sized or even large town?
>>
>>51105922
Always a possibility given the mysterious nature of the collapse but I don't see any reason to particularly give the benefit of the doubt to the theory. There's basically nothing linking the Eye of Magnus to any particular entity or forces linked to Akatosh or anything else affiliated with time. And it doesn't particularly suit with the Mythic role of Heroes. The LDB could have just turned around and never joined the College for all Mundus knows, so it seems rather inappropriate for the past to take place with special consideration for such an unknown future.
>>
>>51106233
>he LDB could have just turned around and never joined the College for all Mundus knows, so it seems rather inappropriate for the past to take place with special consideration for such an unknown future.
Perhaps, but it may have been inevitable that *someone* would eventually unearth it, be they the LDB or someone else.

You're right though, I personally but it in the category of 'Headcanon that should be Canon but probably isn't, but I'll pretend it is anyways'
>>
>>51105922
I always held by the theory that having the Star tampered with pissed of Azura enough for her to start eroding the cliffs Winterhold was sitting on
>>
>>51097788
Nah it must be ladders.
>>
File: bloodmoonsolstheim.jpg (233KB, 629x733px) Image search: [Google]
bloodmoonsolstheim.jpg
233KB, 629x733px
>no roads
>private enterprise (East Empire Company) owns the island
Is Solstheim a libertarian paradise?
>>
>>51106658
Well, there's a dude who secretly drops moon sugar into everyone's food, so maybe?
>>
>>51106658
It is until the entire island gets burned down.
>>
>>51106791
>He he! Ha ho! He he he ha ha ho!
When the sugar is warmed by the pale hearth light, the happiness spreads throughout the night!
>>
>>51107071
Stop killing children.
>>
>>51091359
>Why was it possible to become one.
HOO BOY
>>
File: he he ha ho.png (206KB, 567x323px) Image search: [Google]
he he ha ho.png
206KB, 567x323px
>>51107085
It's better than trinkets, games or toys! So say all the little girls and boys!
>>
We did this last week you pedo fuck. Stop killing children.
>>
>>51107219
The horkers will come and sing for you, they will.
>>
>>51107236
Horkers are really more of a nuisance than a threat after a point. Moreso in Skyrim when you can just stealth archer + poison them pretty easily at any level.
>>
>>51105922
Definitely. What else would all that shit be for? The questline was beyond anti-climatic.
>>
>>51107313
I dunno, getting to see KINMUNE's Box was pretty neat.
>>
Is Destruction good in Morrowind? How does levelling skills work? UESP has stuff like successful spell cast gives X exp but how much EXP to level up?

I'm asking cause I'm not sure if I can grind spear as a misc 10 levels before getting 10 conjuration levels.
>>
>>51107484
Destruction is pretty nice, especially if you plan on tomb raiding early on. Dunno how much XP was required per level, but it's not too difficult to grind yourself up killing trash mobs, especially for weapon skills if you have any of the Bound [Weapon Name Here] spells.
>>
>>51106543
That's so paltry and vindictive. I love it.
>>
>>51107484
>Is Destruction good in Morrowind?
Yes.
>How does levelling skills work?
As you use them, they increase in the background. Alternatively, you can go to Trainers found across Vvardenfell.
>but how much EXP to level up?
You don't care about that particular math when you play (unless you're one of THOSE people). You level up 10 skills, your character level will go up by one, as simple as this.

Also, obligatory "this thread is for lore and tg only" warning.
>>
>>51107528
This stopped being a lore thread when Uncle Sweetshare showed up.
>>
File: hlaalu fucking shits.png (557KB, 412x496px) Image search: [Google]
hlaalu fucking shits.png
557KB, 412x496px
>>51107545
Needlessly severe.

Uncle Sweetshare is as much TES lore as anything else; a man ushered to such acts by nursery rhymes and the teasing of children. Also copious amounts of moon sugar.
>>
>>51107545
>not acknowledging his importance in metaphysical cosmic power struggle
He he! Ha ho! He he he ha ha ho!
Into the trashpile you shall go!
>>
>>51107528
So minmaxing is really not that important? I guess if my NV did fine without getting the INT implant at level 1 my Morrowind character will be fine too.

Lore wise, what is the Nerevarine? I heard he's like the Dunmer version of Jesus.
>>
>>51107807
Lorewise they ripped off his face, genitals, and feet so he can be whatever you want him to be
>tamriel rebuilt corpse still has feet
:/
rest looks nice i think
>>
File: 1481901769683.png (78KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1481901769683.png
78KB, 2000x2000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKopKvJFFL0
>>
>>51107807
Minmaxing is not necessary, the game is quite forgiving for its time actually. You want to be smart and moderate of course, don't venture into Daedric ruins when your martial skills are shit, since in this game, difficulty of NPC and monsters don't align with your level as much as they do in the later games. You can find a Dremora when you're Level 1.

Nerevarine is a hero of prophecy, believed to be the reincarnation of Indoril Nerevar. Nerevarine will unite the people of Morrowind and destroy the evil of Red Mountain. In reality, he's the expandable weapon of Azura versus the leaders of Chimer who tapped into the power of Lorkhan's Heart.
Also; DAGOTH UR DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
File: 1483107665016.jpg (367KB, 860x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483107665016.jpg
367KB, 860x864px
>>51107807
Nerevar reborn. A bit more like the prophesized return of merish Genghis Khan, who will put a stop to an awful disease and the threat posed by the Sixth House.
And also something that goes directly against the canon of the more widespread religion, so a heretic prophesy at that.
>>
>>51107837
So Nords are the best warrior race because lol frost immune and shock resist in Morrowind right?

How powerful are Nords in lore? The ESO cinematic has the Nord being way bigger and tougher than the Breton assassin, and could easily manhandled him.

What about orcs and Redguards? I always felt Orcs overlapped too much with the Nords as being the big buff race and that the Redguards are the lean agile warriors (Nords and Orcs are more like Nikolai Valuev and Redguards like Mike Tyson.
>>
File: 1466726378725.png (309KB, 2384x2728px) Image search: [Google]
1466726378725.png
309KB, 2384x2728px
>>51107874
Redguards are pretty wack. More room to be just about anything they want, so they're tough almafetchers in their own right. Their schtick is adaptability and stamina.
They're outsiders in the fact that while other Men came most likely from Atmora, then came to be Nords and whatnot, the Redguards came from Yokuda after absolutely wrecking it with their (quite possibly atomic level) sword singing. Hammerfell is divided between the Crowns and the Forebears. They're sailors and traders, at odds with the Bretons.

Orsimer are strong. Perseverance against all odds. And they're mostly at odds with everything else, including each other.
Open daedra worshippers, though they might disagree. Malacath is dear to them and vice versa. Since most males are thrown out of their local holds, they're either bandits or vehement members and supporters of the Imperial Legion, which welcomes strong displaced people like them.

Nords are resilient. A cornerstone of the Third Empire.
They see themselves as the root of most Mannish history, and in that regard (or maybe in spite of it) rub very effectively against all Mer. Frequent invaders of other places, but also builders of many cities e.g. one of the reasons for the emergence of Daggerfall. Sailing has taken them near and far, but most often where they're not welcome.
>>
>>51107874
The race you choose in MW doesn't affect the game that much since it's pretty easy to neutralize racial drawbacks and simulate racial advantages. The inherent skill bonuses matter until level 7-8 anyway.

In the lore, Nords can reach great strength but so can anybody else. Remember, it's magic and nobody has to explain shit. What matters is their cultural aptitude. Nords are "bash heads first ask questions later" barbarians and vikings.

Orcs are "nobody likes us, not even we do" people. They are individually extremely dangerous warriors but they have a harder time mobilizing collectively. Redguards are more complicated since Bethesda doesn't know what to make of them atm.
>>
>>51108008
>rock'n'roll khajits
HELL TO THE YEAH
>>
>>51103269
Well, there's Legends. Which has a shit story.

>>51103475
Drakes are male, Jills are female, specifics are unknown.

>>51104352
https://youtu.be/ZEGQEw8zpGQ
>>
File: 1374363176416.jpg (88KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1374363176416.jpg
88KB, 320x310px
>>51108443
Fucking dope. Shame about it, though.
>>
>>51108443
>Which has a shit story.
To be fair it's just an old dude telling stories around a campfire.
>>
>>51108611
To be fair Mass Effect was the same thing just without the campfire.
>>
>>51096768
Cloaca
>>
>>51108443
Did anyone ever actually played those old shitty phone games? Even at the time the original game boy was already 15 years old and still looked way less primitive than this. Might as well release The Elder Scrolls for Tiger electronic handheld.
>>
>>51109358
TES Travels: Oblivion was never actually published IIRC
>>
>>51109358
I actually really want to play Shadowkey, but I'd need to buy an N-Gage to do it.
>>
Is there any information about the relationship between the Falmer and the Dragon cult?
>>
>>51091359

Read the lore book ''About Daedra''.

>Primal spirits who didn't participate in the creation of Nirn and thus have no powers of creation.

>The hero of Kvatch became Sheogorath after beating the previous Sheogorath by mantling his role.

What's fun is that Meridia is considered a Daedra but actually participated in the creation of Nirn.
>>
>>51091476
Well most of the concept art didn't make it.

>No fur-cuffed Imperial plate armour
>No lamelar glass armour
>No moonstone scale armour

>>51091601
Mantling is stealing a role by sticking close to its traits.

Tiber septim became a god by stealing from Wulfharth and Zurin.
>>
>>51109571
>''About Daedra''
It's "Aedra and Daedra".
>Meridia is considered a Daedra but actually participated in the creation of Nirn
"Participated" is a strong word - her involvement is orders below one of the Earthbones.
>>
>>51109428
You're mistaking it with the PSP version of Oblivion
>>
>>51109621
She's part of the Magna Ge.
They just left midway to not die.
>>
>>51109649
I don't think she would be able to leave if she actually gave her power to Mundus.
Magna Ge probably just assisted Magnus in making the palans and blueprints, maybe overseeing the Creation too.
>>
>>51091359
Spirits outside of Nirn but are part of the whole world.
Anything can be a daedra but a ''true daedra'' is just a spirit that didn't participate in the creation of Nirn.

So Dagon, Mephala, Namira for example are true Daedra.

Meridia , Malacath and Sheogorath (both the current one and the past one) are not true daedra and are either spirits who left midway through creation with the Magna Ge (Meridia) or are changed ancestor spirits (Past Sheo is a polar opposite aspect of a spirit of order who is tied to Yiffre in some ways, the current one is the hero of Kvatch while Malacath is the shitty remains of Trinimac after Boethiah ate him).
>>
>>51109726
>who is tied to Yiffre in some ways
That.
>>
>>51109726
>Malacath is the shitty remains of Trinimac after Boethiah ate him
I don't know, maybe the Altmer are right and Malacath the Daedra is a impostor, specifically Boethiah in disguise, and some ghostly remnant of Trinimac lingers on.
>>
>>51109696
Lorkhan made the blueprints together with Magnus.
Magnus saw ''the trickery of Lorkhan'' (making all beings mortal) and said :''imma make my self a way out and leave the door open for others who want to follow'' and thus the sun and stars were created.
The others wen full emo or had a hate-boner on Lorkhan and thus died as creator/ancestor gods.

Meridia is just ''the brightest star'' after Magnus.
Appart from her ''consorting illicit spectra'' nothing is known about why she became a Daedra...who hates on all forms of undead and necromancy and is totaly ''evil'' , I mean i wonder why she isn't part of most pantheons or tied to Stendar in some ways as his female equivalent.
>>
>>51109780
>maybe the Altmer are right and Malacath the Daedra is a impostor
Where is this mentioned? I must have missed it.
>>51109815
>female equivalent
What makes you think Meridia is female and/or Stendarr is male. It can't be made, in any way, clearer that Daedra don't have sex/gender and anything reminiscent of what's going on in nature.
>>
>>51109864
Her bigass statues that make her out to be a tittymonster.
>>
>>51109815
> I mean i wonder why she isn't part of most pantheons or tied to Stendar in some ways as his female equivalent.

...and another fool bought into Meridia's lies. Have you really not learned enough from the shit Azura pulled? Daedra are daedra, they are not "good", not any of them.

Here are some tidbits from Daggerfall:
"...a servitor of the Daedra Lady of Greed, Meridia..."
"Meridia is a Daedra Regent and a collector of human specimens. Meridia is a kind of acting Daedra Prince, and ruthless in her acquisitiveness."
>>
>>51109864
>Where is this mentioned? I must have missed it.
I think he means, 'maybe Gortwog was right.'
>>
File: God.jpg (132KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
132KB, 700x544px
>>51109888
She's not the one building those statues though. People do it for themselves. Daedric Princes are more often than not, seemingly omnipotent; they can at least communicate and appear in any manner they desire. Why do Malacath statues resemble giant orcs? Because giants and orcs build them that's why. See pic related.

To be fair, I think I kind of missed the point of your post in the beginning. In the same logic I'm arguing for, it's not unreasonable that some backwater ignorant communities' pantheons could include Meridia as female eqv. since they don't know any better.
>>
>>51109864
>Daedra don't have sex/gender
True but they choose to appear as if they do.
>>
>>51109243
Suggest anonymous has a foreign obstruction in his cloaca.
>>
>>51109864
The daedra certainly seem to prefer masculine or feminine representations, and are worshipped as either male or female in many cases.

What he was saying was that meridia could enter a Pantheon as the female equivalent of stendarr. Not that she would actually be female, but worshippers of the Pantheon would treat her as such.
>>
>>51110031
Dude she gave birth to a kid with and Ayelid king.
Her super-kid duked it out with Pelinal.
>>
>>51109864
"Trinimac's devout Elven followers became the Orsimer ("Pariah Folk" in Elvish), or Orcs. Some disagree, claiming that Trinimac still exists and Malacath is a separate entity." UESP Wiki Lore page on Malacath.
"Around 3E 399, King Gortwog gro-Nagorm of Orsinium established a new priesthood devoted to the worship of Trinimac in order to espouse the understanding that Trinimac still lived, and that Malacath is an unrelated demon seeking to trick them." UESP Lore page on Trinimac.

No where is Boethiah specifically mentioned, but if Malacath is a 'unrelated demon seeking to trick them[the orcs]', then Boethiah seems the most reasonable candidate.

This is just speculation, of course.
>>
File: 1450229089046.png (164KB, 2008x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1450229089046.png
164KB, 2008x1744px
>>51110007
Are you implying that gender is a social construct and daedra are free to express their gender in any way they wish?
>>51110031
>daedra certainly seem to prefer masculine or feminine representations
The ones that do, like to address to the sexual aspects of mortals' lives. Malacath and Dagon for example, probably do it to appear more aggressive. Boethiah and Mephala are just sexual predators and perverts. Vaermina and Namira probably wish to emulate the witches they interact with so often. Azura is a whore and Nocturnal is a slut. Sheogorath, C.Vile, Hircine and many others are half-man half-monster at best, and they shapeshift like a hobby, so I don't think they are so representative of anything. So long story short, I'm pretty sure their choice of appearance are not because of how they personally favor or prefer, but simply a strategic decision when interacting with simpler mortals. Anyhow, I get your point and you're also right.
>>
>>51109864
Of course the gods aren't actually, biologically male or female, but they have roles and concepts that are understood as gendered. It's no coincidence that Meridia and Kyne are both understood as female, because it matches their connection to Lorkhan, who is understood as male.
>>
File: Orders of ORDINATORS.png (682KB, 1152x288px) Image search: [Google]
Orders of ORDINATORS.png
682KB, 1152x288px
>>51110102
Boethiah ate Trinimac and "brought out" Malacath.

I liked the theory a week ago about Boethiah and Malacath being aspects of Trinimac's guilt and shame respectively, from participating in Lorkhan's plan. Not sure what all the ramifications of it would be, but it's a fun thought.

>That'd mean Trinimac would be represented in Velothi mythos as being both Good and Bad, as Malacath inhabits one of the Four Corners of the House of Troubles as told by Boethiah.
>>
>>51110091
>Dude she gave birth to a kid with and Ayelid king.
Wrong. Pelinal was half-mortal with Divine father.
>"[Presently] the half-Elf [showed himself] bathed in [Meridian light] ... and he listed his bloodline in the Ayleidoon and spoke of his father, a god of the [previous kalpa's] World-River and taking great delight in the heavy-breathing of Pelinal who had finally bled..."
Meridia just took him under her wing, so to speak.
>>
>>51110266
>I liked the theory a week ago about Boethiah and Malacath being aspects of Trinimac's guilt and shame respectively, from participating in Lorkhan's plan.
I thought that post chain was about how they are aspects of his guilt over Killing Lorkhan and ripping his heart out.
>>
>>51110287
>Pelinal
Sorry, Umaril.
>>
>>51110287
>>51110301
Seems like i remembered a text wrong about there being this Ayelid mary sue whose father dicked Meridia and obitained her support.
>>
>>51110022
Suggest foreign obstruction is Anonymous's head.
>>
>>51110300
>I thought that post chain was about how they are aspects of his guilt over Killing Lorkhan and ripping his heart out.
Sorry, yes, that's what it was.

Nevertheless it seems to work out since both Chimer/Dunmer and Orsimer are the Outcast Mer.
The Orsimer continue being so through as an expression of shame, guilt is etched onto them. While the Chimer/Dunmer are more subtle expressions of Boethiah's personal guilt where the aspect of betrayal is etched into their culture, culminating in the Battle of Red Mountain.
>>
>>51110405
Could as well use the word ostracization, which is a cornerstone of the Code of Mauloch.
>>
>>51110405
>Chimer/Dunmer and Orsimer are the Outcast Mer
The Chimer weren't outcasts, their exile was self-imposed and against the Altmer's wishes.
>>
>>51110502
A dungeon in ESO indicated that the elves who later declared themselves to be Chimer were ostracized for consorting with daedra
>>
>>51110371
Suggest anonymous is in fact a walking cloaca
>>
>>51110544
ESO isn't really known for being that on top of things regarding the lore.
That being said I'd imagine what you said would be a more post-exodus thing view, as in.
>fine fucking leave then, you're dead to us
It's pretty well established lore that the Altmer attempted to prevent the Velothi exodus.
>>
>>51110544
Bullshit, Trinimac and other Altmer tried to stop Veloth's people, even though dissenters fucking off to the mainland was a usual practice.
>>
>>51110502
>>51110544
Well, true. But to an extent they are the realizations of the aspects of Malacath and Boethiah.
The Orsimer are, if you ask any Mer, decidedly NOT Merish.
The Chimer, if you had asked them, are decidedly NOT Aldmer (though they'd have told you even if you didn't ask them).

And here it isn't really so much about metamorphosis, there is no graduation as with the Bosmer or Khajiit as they left the Summerset first.
>>
>>51110829
>The Chimer, if you had asked them, are decidedly NOT Aldmer
Au contraire, Chimer/Dunmer consider themselves the only pure Aldmer race.
>>
File: Ameriwind.jpg (166KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
Ameriwind.jpg
166KB, 800x582px
So, tangentially related but I figured this was the best place to ask.

How many of you guys try to apply the stylings and themes of TES Lore into your own homebrew settings and cosmologies?
>>
>>51110544
Don't count on ESO for lore.

Trinimac and his faction tried to stop the people under Velothi from leaving but ended up turned into shit by Boethiah.
The altmer of Summerset then said: '' fine , leave already and don't come back.'' and kiced the orsimer out as well.

Basically read it as this:
>Elves find the Summerset isles after fleeing from Aldmeris which sunk/was destroyed
>Several generations later they want to find Aldmeris to ''return home'' and find Tamriel instead.
>Explorers sail its coasts and some people decide to colonize Tamriel with most of the Altmer wanting to stay on their shitty little island.
>Elves settling in Tamriel become unstable and start to mutate.
>Azura takes the elves of Elswyr and changes them into cat people
>Yffre ain't having none of that and spreads the knowledge of change so no outsiders would change the elves without their agreement, in turn Bosmer have to guard its remains from being destroyed and are granted a permanent form and some other powers.
>Dwemer were the next to leave after tipping fedoras too hard for anyone to bear
>Ayelids decide to take up rule in the central zone of Tamriel and massacre the local flora and fauna (they still remain as altmer)
>Some altmer go north and become snow elves after changing under the influence of nature/magic and adapt
>Velothi decide to do the same and go eastwards to Morrorwind
>Altmer of Summerset say ''Nu-uh enough of that shit''
>Trinimac tries to smash them and gets eaten by an otherwordly vore and scat fetishist mutating into the ancestor of the orcs
>Velothi followers say ''Chimer fuck yeah!'' and runn of to Morrorwind and the islands east of it
>Orcs are expelled and generally hated by everyone
>Humans genocide Snow elves
>Dwemer and Dunmer are at war for the ''Heart of Lorkhan'' , Nords side with Dunmer, Dwemer fedora tip them selves out of existence and Nerevar gets screwed while the Chimer are turned into Dunmer after Azura threw a hissyfit
>>
>>51107484
Atronach
summon ghost
bound spear
->profit
>>
>>51110985
I mean, I took Morrowind's idea of having all those little details and explanations for why things are the way they are for Nanosteam.
>>
>>51110997
>Dwemer were the next to leave after tipping fedoras too hard for anyone to bear
My interpretation is that Dwemer come from the elven kingdom of Atmora.
There are no official sources on the origin of Dwemer, except that when Chimer came to Morrowind, Dwemer were already there.
Same thing with Falmer, we don't know for sure where they came from.
>>
>>51111060
You're a God Trainwiz, and I'm trying to address the mortals for advice
>>
>>51111083
Falmer worship Auriel for the most part so they are most definetly Altmer colonists.
Only sad thing is that they were turned into goblin-expies after the Dwemer had their way with them.

For Dwemer i'd assume they come from a faction of Altmer dissidents who abandoned ancestral worship in favour of science and logic and mainly research into becoming gods them selves.
Basically Altmer basement dwellers decided to just leave and make their own countries.
Like any Neckbeards they hated the outside and dug them selves into the ground.
>>
>>51111182
>Falmer worship Auriel for the most part so they are most definetly Altmer colonists.
Auriel is credited for founding the elven kingdom of Atmora too.
>"Auri-El led the original Aldmer against the armies of Lorkhan in mythic times, vanquishing that tyrant and establishing the first kingdoms of the Altmer, Altmora and Old Ehlnofey"
So they might not be immediately related to Altmer of Sumurset.
>>
File: 123124124.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
123124124.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>51110985
I shamelessly ripped off some of the "slightly" less convoluted metaphysical concepts of TES for my homebrew. Namely planets being the floating corpses of dead gods and certain people being able to resurrect as new entities because time itself forgot that they died.
>>
>>51111220
You do know that the Nedes are also descendants of mostly the same ancestor spirits as the Elves, only they accepted their new mortal forms while the elves shunned them for it.

So just maybe they were the settlers of Altmora who didn't change into humans?
>>
>>51111291
You mean, another Ehlnofey offshoot?
Specifically "Aldmeri" rule of Atmora is mentioned in other part of the same Varieties of Faith book:
>Orkey (Old Knocker): A loan-god of the Nords, who seem to have taken up his worship during Aldmeri rule of Atmora...
>>
>>51111472
Also:
>Shor <...> Atmoran myths depict him as a bloodthirsty warrior king who leads the Nords to victory over their Aldmeri oppressors time and again.
>>
>>51110235
Are you saying that all the evidence of a conscious choice for gender expression is actually not evidence of gender identity? Face it, daedra are basically Tumblr fantasy bait.
>>
>>51111685
>Tumblr fantasy bait.
Theyve been that way since before tumblrshit retard.
>>
>>51111799
That doesn't change anything about what I said.
>>
>>51111685
Hey at least Meridia has consistently appeared as a wench.
>>
What should society look like on the Summerset Isles?

I'm curious how the average High Elf labourer, merchant, peasant, guard or soldier might view things, including the Thalmor regime.
>>
File: HALT.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
HALT.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>51111685
>>51111799
>>51111905
HALT this shitpostery immediately.
>>
>>51111931
The Thalmor are an order of mages enforcing a fascist magocracy and don't tolerate any other power or influence other than them selves.

Peasants, labourers, guards and soliders hate them but don't say it out loud out of fear.
Merchants are okay with them as long as they can make profits in Tamriel.
All mages not affiliated with them and loos practicioners most definetly hate them.
The empire now has a large Altmer and Bosmer population of refugees with a hateboner against the Thalmor.
Basically any future TES game featuring Valenwood or Summerset is going to go full on Balkanized wars and genocide.
>>
>>51111967
https://youtu.be/18CGW9P5Y9M?t=45

Speaking of HALT, Daggerfall Unity is still progressing nicely, and there's really starting to become a community around it.
http://www.dfworkshop.net/december-2016-test-build/

Also Elder Kings 0.2.0 is out for those that do not already know.
>>
File: file.png (216KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
216KB, 300x400px
>>51112028
>The empire now has a large Altmer and Bosmer population of refugees
This is absolutely true. There's a significant Altmeri diaspora who have no love for the Thalmor.

Fasendil:
>"Back in 42 I was stationed in Hammerfell, on leave in Sentinel, trying to track down some refugee relatives who had fled persecution in Alinor. Suddenly an explosion of magic in the refugee quarter. Thalmor mages were attacking the Altmer dissidents who were resisting with magic of their own. I ran to the scene with other Legionaries who where stationed there, but the entire quarter was a smoking ruin by the time we arrived. Everyone was dead. Wholesale slaughter. The Dominion, not content with killing dissidents at home, came to Hammerfell to finish the job. We're supposedly at peace now. But I put in to be stationed here to keep an eye on the Thalmor. I've a feeling they're behind this unrest in Skyrim."
>>
>>51111060
Is Nanosteam canceled?
>>
Other than the obvious, how would one worship Dibella? Could you paint, make a sculpture, etc. And call it worship?
>>
>>51112043
I assume the new Elder Kings is up to date with the current patch and DLC's, then? I might have to check it out. Can you play as one of the Houses?

I'm very excited for DF Unity. How far are they going with the graphics overhauling? Re-texturing? Interface changes?
>>
>>51112163
I wish they put in more such greate NPC characters in the game. It really fleshed out the legion better.

Also read the books ''Rising threat''.
From it you will understand how the Thalmor manage them selves and others.
Lowborn labourers and peasants are worked to death and not allowed to rise in social status.
Soldiers are either indoctrinated or fearing for their lives.
The mages guild was most likely disbanded while any and all mages who don't 100% agree with the Thalmor are persecuted.
Fuck it , even the talented thieves , spies etc. among them had enough of their shit and are leaving on their own.
>>
>>51112214
She's the goddess of beatuy...mostly centered on the body.
So you worship her by having sex or bodybuilding.

As for crafts and art made with them, those fall under Zenithars domain.
>>
>>51094058
That's the Clockwork City Sotha Sil was making to help contain Memory, his child.
After he died it triggered the city to start building itself more automatically in preparation for the Brass Tower to come back and start wrecking shit, its made out of dwemer stuff so it can't NO it and get at Memory and destroy it.
Its Sotha Sil's atonement for what he did to his best friend and leader, the Memory of Nirn is forever protected from the threat of the dwarves.
>>
>>51112332
That is a very narrow minded view of Dibella's sphere. I would assume anything with beauty, be it art, architecture, even a sword or helmet could fall under her domain, not just the body.
>>
>>51112214
From Daggerfall:
>One of the more important functions of the House of Dibella is the preservation of great works of art. We have scouts all over Tamriel who look for rare and beautiful pieces.
>In over four thousand years of high civilization in Tamriel, the House of Dibella has worked tirelessly to save and preserve objects of antiquity and artistry from ruin at the avaricious and uncouth hands of time. We have developed a sophisticated network of archaeologists, dealers, and couriers who are goodly paid to procure art for the house.

>>51112259
>assume the new Elder Kings is up to date with the current patch and DLC's, then?
Yes, it's updated for 2.6.3, and it's recommended that you play with all content DLC.

>Can you play as one of the Houses?
Yes. They seem to have changed around the mechanics for them, but I haven't tried them out yet.

>How far are they going with the graphics overhauling?
Contributors are adding more and more, but it's still early in that regard. It's not really the main focus of the developer. Have a look at his blog to see some examples of what's in so far.

>>51112332
Body is just one expression of beauty, the Dibellans value much more.
>>
>>51112303
>>51112028
>>51112163

An Elder Scrolls title that takes place in the Dominion would really be interesting. A game that looks like fantasy with magical elves but underneath that is a retelling of 1984. So much potential for crafting a world there.
>>
>>51112413
It's more likely to end up as the 90s wars that broke up Yugoslavia.
>>
>>51112375
>>51112332
>>51112214
Art would definitely fall under her domain
>she has had many different cults, some devoted to women, some to artists and aesthetics
>Dibella created the Brush of Truepaint in answer to a disabled artist's prayers.
>>
>>51112405
How playable is Unity right now? I remember when it was pretty much just the first dungeon, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>51107850
Well, this was worth my time at least.
>>
>>51112799
What about male physique?
>tfw no sub-cult of a male aspect of Dibella, (Dibellon?) dedicated to the male physique, and war or labor related artworks, studies of the aesthetics of arms and armor, etc.
>>
>>51112934
Stop trying to Olympify the Nine. Dibella is also devoted to male handsomeness while still being just Dibella.
>>
File: DF-Healer_Dibella.png (20KB, 130x150px) Image search: [Google]
DF-Healer_Dibella.png
20KB, 130x150px
>>51112934
This is a healer of Dibella.
>>
>>51112934
There are several Kyne-affliated et'Ada: Amaro, Pina, Tallatha, Morihaus.
Maybe Dibella has one associated with masculine beauty too.
>>
>>51109358
Ironically this phone game is more of an RPG than the actual release, let alone skyrim.
>>
>>51113005
I don't know, I think the idea of a dualistic divine spirit (perhaps they would be personified as Husband and Wife or) fits into the style of TES gods quite well.
>>
File: wfNYCXX.jpg (659KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wfNYCXX.jpg
659KB, 1920x1080px
I am looking for a TES roleplay partner. By roleplay I mean 1x1 freeform multi-paragraph writing, preferably over skype. Not interested in dice rolls or other rpgs elements, and I apologize in advance because I know my post doesn't belong here. Just hoping to catch people who are here for TES discussion more than /tg/ stuff.

A little bit about me: I write in third person, past tense, usually 3-5 paragraphs per post, and I like to reply very frequently. I like a good mix of drama, action, and combat. I don't care for romance but I can deal with it as long as it doesn't take over the story.

I only do original plots with new, original characters for every new RP I start. I have a strong preference for Morrowind and Oblivion as far as setting and mechanics go, but I also like realism (people don't wear armor 24/7, "heavy" armor is not as hard to move in as games pretend, etc) and I'd prefer my partner to also adhere to such realism, but we can discuss that in more detail. Not interested in MK's apocrypha.

Here are some of my writing samples from previous RPs:
http://pastebin.com/17siNznQ
http://pastebin.com/WNkmsRtJ

Please contact me on skype if interested: Isaacthekhajiit
>>
>>51112804
Haven't played it in a while, but I think weapons and inventory all work (aside from bows?) and dungeons are in. Quests are being worked on.

>>51112934
Physique isn't necessarily beauty, but Dibella isn't just about women.

>>51113043
>loincloth of healing
>>
>>51113330
Bows are for nerds anyways.
>>
>>51113158
Who even uses Skype anymore?
>>
File: 6877535161_dd959e3d92_o.jpg (756KB, 3810x3000px) Image search: [Google]
6877535161_dd959e3d92_o.jpg
756KB, 3810x3000px
>>51113373
Nerds and Elves, which is why manly man men use axes and swords.
>>
>>51113511
>>51113158
Yeah man, you should use Discord. Pretty much better in every single way.
>>
>>51113576
>>51113511
My group uses Skype. We tried to get a Discord, but none of the mic support worked at all, so we gave up on it.
>>
>>51092363
Anyone?
>>
>>51112934
Well only the martial artists of Tamriel would fit this bill.

>an order of monks focused on being too fabulous to get hit
>beating opponents by showing of their pecs
>>
>>51113511
>>51113576
I tried Discord recently and found it pretty awful for RP due to the 2,000 character limit, which equaled only two paragraphs. It also has an ugly UI with hard to read text in both color schemes, in my personal opinion. However if someone really wanted to use for an RP I'd be up for it, because I am pretty desperate.
>>
>>51113783
Also, when I copy something from Discord and paste it into a word document the formatting isn't saved (it pastes a wall of text without line breaks and the font is wonky) whereas I can copy things from Skype perfectly. Is there any way to fix this?
>>
Should we make a /tgesg/ Discord?

One channel for lore discussion, another for roleplay, another for UESRPG and another one for lewds
>>
File: nordicruin.jpg (280KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
nordicruin.jpg
280KB, 1024x577px
>>51113551
We know of a few good Nord mages which form an exception to a rule, but are there any good Nord archers?
>>
>>51114076
Absolutely.
>>
>>51112303
>labours are being exploited
>huge military spending
>unions (guilds) are smashed
sounds familiar desu
>>
>>51114107
Memes aside, the combination of Skyrims harsh environment, plentiful wildlife, and the native culture would produce a class of exceptional ranger types, though they may be leaning a bit more to a barbarian-ranger mix. Disciplined for battle formation, these men would make exceptional war-bowmen and especially scouts.
>>
>>51114076
I have never seen a thread Discord that didn't result in less thread activity, infighting and personality drama. No exceptions.
We're terrible people, Anon. Giving us names and constant contact is going to be a disaster.
>>
File: SR-icon-misc-EssenceExtractor.png (103KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
SR-icon-misc-EssenceExtractor.png
103KB, 270x270px
>>51111083
>>51111182
>translation of Dwemer as "Deep Elves" might instead be read as "Smart Elves," despite the incongruity of that notion. Perhaps, then, the "brilliant students" of the titanic Ehlnofey mentioned in the Anuad are the Dwarves, and that their giant masters gave them this sobriquet
PGE1 Hammerfell
"Dwarves," the lesser students of the Ehlnofey?

>During the Dawn Era they researched the death of the Earth Bones, what we call now the laws of nature,
-Baladas Demnevanni
So the "Dwarves," apparently around during the "Dawn Era," did study our 'titanic Ehlnofey' interestingly enough.

>The giants labeled the elves as "Dwarves", claiming that they were just smaller versions of themselves. Over several years, this tag became a widespread label
>The Dumner translation of the word Dwarf is Dwemer
>Ok, "according" to the legend, the Dunmer originated from the Dwemer. They WERE once also known as Dwemer. The giants thought they were small people, and so called them Dwarves
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archive-gt-noonan
'Dwarf' or 'Dwemer' itself derived from the perspective of these "giants" towards elves. The Dunmer were once themselves "Dwemer" the same as all other Elves.

In Skyrim there is a quest where you create Dwarven blood, by mixing the blood of the other Mer races with a device known as the "Essence Extractor." The essence of the Dwarves is literally that of all other Elves.

>Why would any self-respecting Mer refer to himself as a "dwarf", even if it were a name given by the blessed Earthbones?
>it does not occur to them that stature may refer to things outside of the physical
-YR
>It was unfashionable among the Dwemer to view their spirits as synthetic constructs three, four, or forty creational gradients below the divine
-Baladas

"Dwemer" is a name given to Aldmer by the Ehlnofey, their so-called "giant masters." Literally denoting inferiority.
These specific Aldmer took this insight to heart, perhaps too much so.
>>
File: frostbitespider.png (55KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
frostbitespider.png
55KB, 300x219px
>>51114197
I like the idea of barbarian-ranger mixes. Hope Bethesda gives us some good Nord navy seals operator-type archers some day.

>>51114212
Good point.
>>
>>51114221
That's interesting
>>
>>51114362
Barbarians are pretty much Rangers anyways.
>Live out in the wilds
>Hunt and forage
>Usually at odds with Civilization
>Survivalists
>Connection with nature
>>
>>51114197
Opposite to that we have the wood elves of Valenwood who feed exclusively on flesh and have to move about dense jungles populated by dangerous animals where bows except for shortbows would be extreemly ineffective while upfront combat would be the most effective.
Wood elves would produce the best close combatants and especially monks for lack of processed wood or metal due to customs, not to mention their statures being far mor muscular than other elves due to high protein diets. I mean fuck it even Orcs are scared of that part of Tamriel.
It's fun how the lorebook that mentions ''the best sword fighter in Tamriel'' is about a wood elf chick.
>>
see ya next weekend nerds
>>
File: Tamriel.jpg (538KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tamriel.jpg
538KB, 1920x1080px
Since we're autosaging I'll allow my self to go off topic.

I'm going to start one of those random succession games in Elder Kings where you switch to a random character after your current character dies. Tamriel only, I don't care for Akavir in this mod.

The year is 2E 450, and Tamriel is in tatters. It's been 20 years since the death of the last Akaviri Potentate, and the Empire has not survived the interregnum.

Instead of just rolling randomly I'll be taking suggestions for the first characters. Give me a character (can be a specific character or something more vague), and a goal/concept, and I'll add it to the list. First to respond chooses the first character.
>>
>>51114644
Wood elves have a strong tradition of swordsmanship, that's acknowledged many times. What is also acknowledged is that their is no formal schooling, no fechtbucher stuff like you'd see in the Song of Swords threads and no military tradition of institutionalized and studied swordsmanship. They're all self taught, or at most, taught in a master/apprentice style.

And that kind of instituionalization is important for martial tradition of a people.
>>
>>51114221
>Giants are from Atmora
>so are Dwemer
>>
>>51114746
>Wood elves have a strong tradition of swordsmanship
That's totally wrong though. Bosmer are amongst the least accomplished swordsmen in Tamriel, far behind cultures like the Redguards.

>"You can't learn how to use a sword in Valenwood," she says. "Which isn't to say Bosmer can't use blades, but we're largely self-taught. As much as it hurt when my tribe found itself homeless, pushed to the north, it did have one good aspect: it afforded me the opportunity to meet Redguards."
>>
>>51114739
They really need to redo that county-map
>tfw they completely rebuilt Akavir, a continent that shouldn't even be in the mod, instead of Tamriel
>>
File: Azaron.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Azaron.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So, I've made a character for my first legitimate Morrowind play-through and I've kept a journal for him. Feel free to tell me what you think, and if I got any lore wrong, if it's dumb and shitty or decent or average or anything else.
>>
>>51114891
Yeah, for every two steps the mod takes in the right direction they take at least one step in the wrong one. They've poured way too much devtime into their vision of Akavir, while letting other things suffer. I still don't know why Tamriel is so small county-wise, and why they don't do anything about it. Or why they felt a need to include Atmora, and so much ESO content.

Depending on what I run into while I play, I might just end up writing some content myself for it. I've been waiting for 0.2 to do that.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 004.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 004.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51114992
And a screenshot for good measure.
>>
>>51114746
Can't wait for a Valenwood game.
Like with the nords who everyone expected to be Frost-elemental mages we will recieve a surprise where archers and stealth are frowned upon and fisticuffs is the preffered way to murderfuck something.
It will be glorious!

I mean Wood elves are already restricted by the green pact in using wood so they can't make weapons except out of animal remains and can't forge for shit cause they can't ligt anything aflame except for animal based prodcts.
Not to mention that the Thalmor are preventing any sort of communication with the other regions of Tamriel and are most likely denying any sort of magical educationf from them.

>Be Thalmor
>Conquer Valenwood
>Beat unarmed Bosmer into submission daily and laugh as the nede-blooded savages can't do a thing to fight back
>200 years later be approached by some young Bosmer peasant looking for a fight
>Laugh as i point my superior Altmer made Moonstone sword at him
>Get punched...get punched hard
>Hear armour creaking as the moonstone breastplate gives in
>Try to get a swing in
>Get punched instead
>NOPENOPENOPENOPENO
>Armour breaks completly and the next swing goes through my whole ribcage
>My heart gets torn out and i spend my last moments watching the Bosmer eat it whole
>>
>>51114739
Start as Ayylamo remnant in Valenwood, remove Man from Cyrod.
>>
>>51114992
Years are generally written in the style of "3E 427"; not "3E-427". Sometimes characters will just say "427" if they're being casual.

So, your character's Great-Great-Great-Grandfather came to Cyrodiil in 354, yet your character was born in 402, a mere 48 years later? That's a lot of generations in a really short time, especially for Mer.

>get really angry at dad and want to kill myself
okay

>simplistic lessons in how to cast wards and firebolts
It's not like the College just offers one lesson over and over again. That's just Skyrim being Skyrim.

I dunno, it's okay. Didn't see anything else that's directly lorebreaking.
>>
My interpretation of mantling is like this: When I dress in super up endgame armor with maxed smithing and enchantments, styled after Pelinal, my character mantles him. When I change into robes and start summoning Deadra and zombies, styled after say, the Wormking, my character is mantling them.

Same character, different behaviors = mantling.

Of course Vivec and Tiber Septim's cases would be different because their characters aren't just limited to in-game functionlaity.

How far off the mark am I?
>>
>>51114739
Enslave all the scalies as house Dres.
>>
>>51115304
>So, your character's Great-Great-Great-Grandfather came to Cyrodiil in 354, yet your character was born in 402, a mere 48 years later? That's a lot of generations in a really short time, especially for Mer.
Huh. Can't believe I let that one slip me by.
>>get really angry at dad and want to kill myself
>okay
Well, he is intended to be a bit of a whiny cunt, especially at that point, but should grow more stoic and humble as he advances. Plus, the pressures of life as a dynastic heir are pretty intense. It's still pretty damn dumb, though.
>>simplistic lessons in how to cast wards and firebolts
>It's not like the College just offers one lesson over and over again. That's just Skyrim being Skyrim.
Yeah, that was a less-serious note.

All of this is pretty much a rough draft of sorts I wrote while I've been playing.
>>
>>51115504
Completely off.
>>
>>51115504
>How far off the mark am I?
The mark is on Pluto. It's not enough to step into someone's shoes. You have to make them walk in your shoes as well.
>>
>>51115504
>How far off the mark am I?
You aimed for White-Gold and hit Lyg.
>>
>>51114774
>Giants are from Atmora
There's a possible connection there (though the legend with the giants itself is stated to take place in what is implied to be the Velothis), but it wasn't necessarily the point I was making.
The Ehlnofey weren't literally giants, they weren't really even things that actually interacted with Aldmer beyond having died before them. They were just something greater. Think beyond the physical.
My point was more or less that the Dwemer do not bare any roots to the Altmer or even Sumurset.
According to the legend "Dwemer" (Dwarf) was originally given to describe the 'lesser-state' of Elves in general. In other words it was a name that described all Elves, all Aldmer, but only given to a specific group of Aldmer.
This group of Aldmer, who saw themselves as the Dwemer, would literally become the Dwemer.
>>
>>51094592

It better be fucking half blue. And I mean split down the fucking middle.
>>
>>51107339

It was an AI asteroid miner.

[Spoilers]So out of context they don't need spoilers [/spoilers]
>>
>>51114076
uesp and imperial library have a discord
>>
>>51116802
Where is the link to join?
>>
>>51116868
Library
https://discord.gg/cFtpteU
uesp
https://discord.gg/mtehCCH
>>
>>51116254
Not everyone knows that ancient civs got their technology from space robots, the spoilers were justified.
>>
>>51094633
He has a wife, so yes, he has to bother with dick hygiene
>>
I would take eleven nigger cocks if it meant SkyWind would come out sooner, how has it taken this long I just can't wait anymore.
>>
>>51114891
>He doesn't want Akavir in EK
>He doesn't want to succeed where Uriel V failed
>He doesn't want to make the sneks pay for the Disaster at Ionith
>He doesn't want to punch an ice demon in the dick
>He doesn't want to fug a tiger dragon
>He doesn't want to chill with Hindu monkeys
>Doesn't even want to prove himself as the true ruler of man by saving Atmora from the hoards of undead ice warriors, just so he can subjugate and tax the fuck out of it

Get a load of this N'wah.
>>
>>51112413
>>51112477

> implying Bethesda would pull either off well

I mean, I thought the Nord aesthetic was well pulled off in Skyrim if a bit generic but by gameplay it wasn't as deep as even Oblivion it seemed.

When did I become so jaded bros? Was it fallout 4?
>>
>>51117611
The time they spent building Akavir twice could have been spent making the mod actually decent rather than keeping it in its constant unfinished state.
They're just shoveling on more unnecessary work to a project with constant developmental issues.
>>
>Already on page ten
Aww. See you next weekend thread. Or whenever we Dragonbreak.
>>
File: Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>51118315
Vehkspear.
>>
>>51118315
what is this autistic weabshit
>>
>>51118315
I like this.
>>
>>51117153

Heh heh, well they know now!

>Tfw you fuck up spoilers while trying to type discreet on your phone at work
>>
File: wizard.png (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
2KB, 300x300px
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.