[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a cult in 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: I'm sticking to my guns.jpg (123KB, 869x490px) Image search: [Google]
I'm sticking to my guns.jpg
123KB, 869x490px
Recently my campaign has slown down in a small city in a weird ass post spellplague urban fantasy version of earth (was regular earth before magic was revealed and then magic fucked everything up) and I've got lots of downtime in the city allowing me to craft magical items, and prepare random fuckery with my Kobold bard. So my main question is how does one make a cult gain followers?

Currently I've made a well by binding an earth elemental to my service (DM allows planar binding right after conjure elemental) and using wall of stone to build a temple around said well. Within are two endless water decanters, and I filled up a chamber with create water for ten days burning all extra spell slots.
>>
>>51090357
Earth actually exists in D&D, as there are two characters that come from it. The first being the first fucking paladin ever who is literally magical item hunting Clint Eastwood who became a god and has ranger paladins equipped with revolvers, and the other, Literally Rambo, the Kobold, who ended up on earth and served in FUCKING VIETNAM before coming back to the regular planar cosmology as a traveling Kobold who assisted various tribes with his pump-action shotgun and Tucker's Kobold tactics.

Anyhow, let's say this isn't out earth with magic introduced but a similar one, either way, Xp costs are going to fuck you over, and a cult only works if the head actually has the kind of power that can be extended reliably over time, you've also got the intrigues of dumbasses like the inquisition to deal with.

Your main concern is not summoning planar allies for simple aspects of life a small village can revolve prayer and reverence around, it's about rapidly establishing the hierachy for this to extend on a global scale, being a man with power will only last as long as your lifespan is in place, and your works are either the works of a miracle maker, or a demon or witch.

Put it simply, you need to become an Outsider, it doesn't matter what kind, but when you are one, you can make pacts, and thus warlocks, and warlocks, though not true magic casters (though 5e I think changed this) are beings that share the nature of outsiders and the forces they are connected to (outsiders bodies are pretty much their souls) and so, Warlocks can interact with magic with their magical item skill thing.
>>
>>51091747
When you establish your coven of Warlocks, you need to have them each perform the works that add to your power and how your revered and such as you extert influence, and most importantly, prepare yourself for the time when magic-casters finally start showing up of the weave's introduced influence on the plane. People's belifs garned by faith will manifest in the forms of monsters, and it's your job to put a lid on things for as long as possible before it spills out.

To list many tasks you'll have to carry out
>Become outsider using the means to wish level-magic, Ritualism or some other method
>Create warlocks disciples who too, will be as you, and will be sent across the plane to repeat what you have done at the beginning until they too become outsiders, making sure to hold your ownership over them
>Do the usual faith gathering pact prayer stuff, establish yourself as the father of magic, supernatural or "beyond" or whatever, you NEED to take credit for the happens, this will earn respect, favour, and worship, but also fear and distrust for the skeptics, make sure you deal with them later
>Handle the removal of magical beasts with powers extended to followers, and place them in anecdotal stories and teachings that will spread throughout the lands, build your holy book upon these events

All that follows is the preparation for the Divine entity/higher being that will be put in place to ready said plane for the arrival and intrigues of the pantheons featured in the upper planes, there will be no deities at this point and not for a long time, deities don't give a shit about anything past the far realm or vestigal because they're despite their claims, selfish, if you want a very good example of this, see the Buffy the Vampire slayer universe, which is literally a massive watered down D&D setting based in the home world the Obrityhs came from before they started shit in D&D world.
>>
>>51091765
This celestial will try to establish a higher faith, but, will limited in scope, and will not work to the ends you do to establish the heavens in your location, do not engage them, it needs to believe the evil it is dealing with is nothing more than the Blood war crap it deals with back home, and that all is but fringe groups and lackeys, it cannot know about a bigger hierarchy or scheme in the works until you have fully rooted yourself in to the growth of law and civilization.

In order to assume your claim, you've got to actually enforce the base laws of nature Cause and effect to the best advantage, as you're dealing with fringe kingdoms, baronies and very open borders, you need to bet people togther for whatever reason, and insert yourself into the community as a blue to hold it all together and expand, you can't stay in one place otherwise at best you'll just end up a folk talk when your long and gone, and it's not like Kobolds don't look like baby eaters anyhow, you've got to get people to like you using their superstitions and various other means to let you into their hearts.

For starters, you can't tell people your a Kobold, you've got to present yourself as much more, despite your stature, a good idea is to use magic to make your shadow seem like a giant ferocious Serpent or Dragon Creature, so when the curious nomad village youths etc see you by a lit candle in a cave singing in draconic and look to you, they see your shadow and run off, the ones' that don't run away you engage, teach and inspire, until you've got a working angle to instill the workings of a faith.
>>
>>51090357
Now then, it's best you pick up a few books on the ecology of Kobolds, because you need to learn about their work ethic, societies and the fact that they're secretly crafty little buggers who take pride in being underestimated, you need to be a present, but invisible influence, think Santa tier, or the reason why during a famine fish appear at peoples front doors followed by a merry tune or something.

Reproduction for you is also a necessity, a Kobold tribe is better than one Kobold alone, usally.
>>
>>51092025

The city itself is actually mostly human, and the creation of the cult really amounts to a lie in order to give morality to the cold edgy town. So far free water has given some followers, and I tricked a guy into thinking he's a prophet
>>
>>51090357
Have you considered lurking in shady alleys and offering blowjobs to potential recruits? That usually works most of the time.
>>
>>51092668
The bard does have twenty charisma, I'm going to file that under maybe, the only problem is the size would be way to big for a kobold's throat to be comfortable.
>>
>>51093440
Obivouslly he needs to find some alchemist that can give him a potion that will make him more comfortable with sucking big weens.
>>
>>51091747
How I imagine a Kobold handing a pump-action shotgun would turn out like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fjj32a0GQg
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.