[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: dragon dice.jpg (629KB, 2639x1995px) Image search: [Google]
dragon dice.jpg
629KB, 2639x1995px
What went wrong, /tg/?
>>
>>51084647
Considering I have no idea what you're trying to show me, I'm going to guess advertising.
>>
Okay, I'll bite. What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>51084647
What is this? It resembles Dice Masters a bit but it's obviously not that.
>>
>>51084647
TSR in the '90s had issues with tossing every idea they had into production without a lot of testing or even thought going into it.
>>
>>51084791
Dragon Dice
>>
File: pic229999_md.jpg (40KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
pic229999_md.jpg
40KB, 500x434px
>>51084736
>>51084767
>>51084791
see
>>51084879
winrar

I had a bunch of these and got a group together to play way back when. It was a pretty cool concept: there were different factions (orcs, sea elves, lava elves, dwarves, etc) and a point-system. I can't remember exactly how many points you got, but the dice were scaled: the little ones at the bottom were for your grunts, the mid-sized ones were more powerful, and then your specialty units were larger. You rolled them all together and counted up attacks, defense, magic...and IIRC the feet were for moving a terrain dice, which affected battle in different ways. The 12-sided dice was for the dragon, which could mess things up in different ways.

The little dice had smaller numbers of attack/defence/movement points, and the big ones had special abilities. The goblins had leopard riders, for instance, with a rend ability; every time you rolled a rend, you did X damage to the other side and then could roll again. There was a magic mechanic as well, and each side had its own specialty magic. If you rolled wands, that added in to your magic score for that round.

So you could customize your factions, go magic-heavy, attack-heavy, etc. I actually can't remember all of the rules off the top of my head, but fortunately, It's 2017

>and holy shit they are a lot more complicated than I remember them being

http://www.sfr-inc.com/StarterRules.pdf

I seem to recall some story about the game being such a bust that there are piles of these things in the desert somewhere...but maybe I'm confusing that with ET. Still tho.

I had some good times with this game though, for all that.
>>
>>51085235
Using dice and imagination isn't cool anymore, or marketable. I thought this game sounded cool, but I never got into as I like the modeling aspect of games.
>>
File: GameStorm-DragonDice.jpg (146KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
GameStorm-DragonDice.jpg
146KB, 1000x725px
Here are the simplified rules as well, for people who don't want to spend an hour+ learning to play an extinct game.

http://www.sfr-inc.com/docs/demorules2.pdf

>>51085515
It was cool. Simple, accessible, fast, and customizable. One of my friends went home and must have made a spreadsheet or something because when he came back the next day he had a basically unbeatable coral elf army that blasted the shit out of us with magic. I think they worked out some of the balance issues later on. But there was definitely room for cerebral guys as well as Fuck It I Cast Fist guys like me.

Not much modelling going on, it's true.
>>
File: LorraineWilliams.jpg (91KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
LorraineWilliams.jpg
91KB, 476x357px
>>51084861
>without a lot of testing
Mostly because they weren't allowed to test anything.
>>
>>51084647
My sister got me a booster pack of these once, I pretended to be happy.
>>
>>51086644
Couldn't invent a suitable non-canon use?

I mean, mixing those with sex dice seems like fun.
>>
>>51085235
The rules were WAY too complicated for "roll that shit and compare effects!"

Those things were hard as fuck to find. I could only pick them up in a bookstore. Also, all the packs stayed sealed, so you never knew what you were getting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.