[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masks!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Have you ever run (or run in to) a masked character?

Have you ever desired (or avoided) an enchanted mask?

a simple cloth band or an elaborate bejeweled disguise
the skinned face of your enemy or a steel face-prison

there's any number of reasons why their face is hidden. Tell us about them!
>>
File: happy mask man.png (2MB, 1302x1948px) Image search: [Google]
happy mask man.png
2MB, 1302x1948px
Obviously they're all cursed

just take the bunny hood and leave
>>
>>51069395
I had a player play a masked wrestler in a Pathfinder game. His name was El Tiberon, fighter for justice. He has the uncanny feat of being able to pull a folding chair out of any flat surface in order to makes his foes submit. He was so infuriating that out wizard would "accidentally" make sure he was within his fireball radii.

It was an odd but fun time.
>>
>>51069395
I'm a big fan of an antagonistic group of NPC's who all wear masks, the most elite of whom have enchanted masks, but they're always secondary, and my players never pay them enough mind to get any of the good masks.
>>
>>51069395

does guise of the thespian count?
>>
>>51070409
>group of NPC's who all wear masks
Matching or unique?
>>
>>51069395

I love masks.

I played a Master of Masks in a 3.5 game once, Thyme had been on the run so long, in so many deep disguises, that she ended up with multiple personalities, each tied to one of the class masks.

Even by RAW the masks all have an alignment, so we ended up with someone from every alignment but LG and CE all living in the same head, some of them didn't talk much but I did manage to pick up two more halfway through the campaign - we found the tomb of the original Master of Masks, and their ghost offered to lend me them.

I'd probably have been driving the party insane if they hadn't been doing it already.
>>
>>51070436
Matching for grunts, anyone special has a unique one, though. Makes getting character art easier.
>>
>>51070498
No no no, you've got it all wrong. The low level schmucks get to build their own, so they're sloppy and hap-hazard.

When a mook earns their keep they get an "on-model" mask. When someone's wearing the organization's face, you know they're not to be fucked with. Especially if it's not a bootleg or cheap facsimile.
>>
File: Withouteyeholes.jpg (5KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
Withouteyeholes.jpg
5KB, 236x314px
>>51069395
The Obsidian Eyes

A collection of black obsidian like crystal shards in the shape of a ballroom mask without eye holes. Once worn, the wearer receives a heightened level of sight (+1 to perception) and a sense of magical power emanating from the mask to themselves. The mask may be removed like any normal mask.

If worn for an hour this level of heighten sight increases, colours seeming more vibrant and a level of telescopic sight is received (+2 to perception) and any non magical written languages seen by the wearer are viewed as if written in common. The mask seems to stick to the wearers face and leaves red irritated skin where it made skin contact with the wearer.

If worn during a short rest after this, a third level of improved sight is received (+3 to perception) and the ability to have 30 seconds of simultaneous true sight and magical detection are given to the wearer. The mask appears to have started growing into the flesh of the wearer, removing requires a DC 15 strength check and does 1d8 damage to the wearer.

After a long rest of wearing the mask the wearer in rendered completely blind, being only able to see when using the 30 second true sight ability. The mask has grown to the point crystals are producing from under the skin of the wearers forehead and temples.

Was a pretty good cursed item I thought, the Rogue who got it ended up only using his 6 rounds of sight in combat, lock picking or when a situation really needed it.
>>
File: the sound of animals fighting.jpg (430KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
the sound of animals fighting.jpg
430KB, 1024x576px
>>51070409
They never loot the bodies?
What kind of treasure are they missing out on?
>>
File: Masks.png (899KB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Masks.png
899KB, 1436x1080px
>"fuck all those droopy-ass faces, gimmie the skull one"
>>
>>51070977
>>51071240
If magical masks aren't at least a bit transformative, you've fucked up.

>>51070635
Brutal
>>
>>51069395
the character i play the most is an elven druid who wears a featureless wooden mask with eyeholes to see
it's because he pissed off a fey lord, who then stole his face
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.