[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

legendary first sessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: UG2pkAaB.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UG2pkAaB.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>playing a fallout system
>four player party, me DMing
>two players are vault dwellers
>two players are wastelanders
>start with both vault dwellers. Turns out both of the girls are the only people in their vault, and they have a bland life
>wake up by alarm each day at 6:00 am
>get fed a bottle of pure, tasteless water and a grey nutrient block
>go about their chores.
>schedule says they have to change out the reactor's fusion rods
>first one crit fails perception to locate correct control board
>second one crit fails science to double check and find the controls
>results in two tired women slamming the purge nuclear reactors butten
>smashcut to wastelanders, dicking about too close to a slaver town. Ground suddenly opens and the two vault dwellers run out in radiation suits screaming
>vault door shuts as they're surrounded by slavers
>smash cut to them tied up in the center of slaverville getting ready to be sold off.
>players remember that one of the vault dwellers grabbed a tiny robot on the way out. makes a couple of rolls to pilot the bot with her pipboy
>critically fails a stealth check on the bot
>cue loud explosion
>bot wheels out of the raider's armory carrying an empty rocket launcher. Wheels up while the raiders are trying to put out the ensuing fires and helps them escape their bonds
>they haul ass into the wasteland as a column of explosives and suddenly released radiation from the vault beneath the town fills the morning sky

it's gonna be a good game.
>>
>Has to roll to perform day to day tasks

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>51068575
I'm sorry, but is changing a fusion reactor a day to day task for you?
>>
>>51068587
Not that anon, but apparently it is in Fallout.

Still a good read though.
>>
>>51068602
it was more supposed to be "hey, this is the absolute first time this has ever happened to you guys" sort of thing

also, forgot to mention
>ITT, your legendary first sessions.
>>
>>51068528

What an unnecessary way to start a game. They suddenly forget how to do the chores theyve been doing for who knows how long? I can see the capture thing but fuck you are gay.
>>
>>51068685
>>51068614

I guess it's my fault for putting "do their chores" and "change the nuclear fuel rods" so close together
>>
>>51068736
how you explained it kind of made sense, people are just being cunts about it is all. no worries m8
>>
>>51068904
fair enough.
>>
>playing Call of Cthulu, 1920s setting.
>just two players, we rolled the same last name so we must be brothers. spent points to be rich as we can for our respective classes. me, a slightly stoned veteran and him, a drunken jew.
>GM is a spanish guy we'd played with before, decent guy but thick accent at times
>start out by getting paid to investigate a 'suicide' on behalf of a family member. something seems fishy yada yada yada
>eventually get to the building our client died at. hear a dog of some sort, can't seem to spot it. almost feel like it's...constantly darting around, outside my vision. red eyes, all that. except I botched my perception and occult roll(s) so hey, random dog in a construction building.
>check the roof, finding outright drag marks and...black, sticky substances smelling of rotten eggs.
>another failed perception roll, failed occult roll
>must be tar, bet it was one of those negroes that were paid to tar the roof (said IC).
>fumble the roll
>uh, yup
>must be those...people, yep
>the other player likewise botches his rolls and confirms my suspicions
>we check his place of business to see who his workers are, and to find out what contracts he had with people
>his larceny checks fail
>my (better) larceny check fumbles
>we break into the building, and literally can't find paperwork in his office. more blown rolls
>the first successful check is hearing someone (else) come into the office after us
>gentlemanly black fellow that happens to work there, checking out the commotion
>IT'S HIM
>THE PHANTOM NEGRO™
>we pounce like tigers on him, crit failing and injuring ourselves. cops are called, and the elder Ripley brother is arrested
>I go to save him, missing shots with a pistol
>cops return fire, downing me and passing out
>WE HAVE MONEY! the second successful roll is to bribe said cops and get out of dodge
>we've obviously found the culprit, and by the looks of it the cops are in on it too, the bastards
>>
>>51069034
we wind up tracking the 'culprit' down and 'defending' ourselves when he freaked out. the third successful roll was to surprise him with a shot to the chest, killing him instantly on his doorstep. cops arrive near instantly and arrest both PCs. bribe check fails, and the session ends.
>RIPLEY BROTHERS: ZERO CONSEQUENCES

the GM (the spaniard) wasn't pissed, he was laughing about it as hard as we were. all the same, there wasn't a second session.
>>
>>51069034

>>IT'S HIM
>>THE PHANTOM NEGRO™

Pfffft

My first Call of Cthulhu session involved my PC, an 18 year old immigrant from the Near East, being utterly hellbent on stealing a nice table from the house we were investigating.

>"Abra, let go of the fucking table! You can't steal things from the stiffs!"
>"FUCK YOU, MY APARTMENT'S A CLOSET, AND MY MOST EXPENSIVE POSSESSION IS A BIKE! I NEED THIS!"
>"IT'S A TABLE!"
>"IT'S MAHOGANY!"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.