[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue Stars General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

File: 9200000060130684.jpg (230KB, 890x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9200000060130684.jpg
230KB, 890x1200px
Has anyone gotten their mitts onto this game yet? Just bought the rulebook on GooglePlayStore. Looks like Ash and Owen each did their own batreps with little scenarios which are neat.

I was hoping to use some Dark Age miniatures ( Forsaken Controller, Forsaken Dedlock, CORE Tallman/DRG-Y) since they have the detail I like and they are all pretty different. I would use my Infinity stuff, but it's not fitting the aesthetic I am going for.

Are there people out there that have tried this with great success? On paper, it looks like it has so many options and different ways to play since it has a lot of RPG elements in it. What models do you guys use? What are some of the missions you have done?

Sorry, a little overzealous at the moment. Really want to pick up some new models and get them ready to do some crazy scenarios.
>>
>>51068521
Osprey seems to be pumping out a huge number of games lately. Are they all using the same system, are they any good?
>>
>>51069947
>Osprey seems to be pumping out a huge number of games lately.
They started publishing games. They're not the ones making them.

>Are they all using the same system, are they any good?
Obviously depends on the author.

>>51068521
I recently got my copy haven't read it yet.
Been already perusing various manufactuers for my possible crew though. I'm excited about it, too.
>>
>>51068521
I have it. Haven't had a chance to play yet, though. It is exciting. The author also did song of blades and heroes, which is a great fantasy skirmish bring-your-own-minis game, and some of the same design elements were borrowed from that, which I enjoy. This is just a little more rules intensive then sobah. And as others said, it's borrowed a few RPG elements. It seems less like a necromunda-esque skirmish game and more like you're commanding a group of PCs against another group of PCs
>>
>>51071851
I guess I could say it seems more like Inquisitor than Necromunda
>>
I even made my own statcards for it.
>>
>>51072096
These are meant to print off 3"x5" so they can fit in appropriately sized rigid card sleeves. This way you can use a dry erase marker to track damage and such.
>>
>>51072105
Here's the back of the card for general rules referencing.

There is also a facebook Rogue Stars Fans page. There's a lot of active discussions going on about it.
>>
>>51072119
And a reference guide on how to use the cards.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of Rogue Stars yet?
>>
>>51068521
lmfao.

This looks like total shit. I am just not interested in multi-racial anime style games. I am of the firm conviction that this sort of effeminacy is the reason for the decline of quality of players, and the decline of games in general.
>>
>>51072903
Nice shitposting. Because that's all that is, pure cane shitposting.
>>
>>51072096
>>51072105
>>51072119
>>51072143

That's really neat, anon. I don't suppose you'd be willing to make an editable pdf version?

One thing that kind of annoyed me about Rogue Stars is the lack of a squad sheet or anything like that. You just have to write down everything on a piece of notebook paper or whatever.
>>
So, what kind of squads are people making for this?

I was planning on building a crew of psychic teleporting spiders led by an androgynous glam rocker with a sonic rifle.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 1859x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 1859x561px
>>51073070
>So, what kind of squads are people making for this?
I've been mulling over this for a while.

I recently saw The Wizard of Oz for the first time, though, so that had me inspired.
I know, I know, I not an anglophone, it's not that big here.
>>
>>51073070

Honestly I've kinda always wanted a Dark Eldar army but since 4oK sucks if this turns out to be decent I might make some DE Pirates.
>>
File: 280168-0481_1.jpg (256KB, 1038x555px) Image search: [Google]
280168-0481_1.jpg
256KB, 1038x555px
>>51073193
Sounds cool. But you'll need a Toto.
>>
>>51073035
I don't have the skills to make an editable pdf. But you can import the images into word or publisher or even power point and add the text yourself. Yeah the lack of unit sheets is annoying, but the creator made his own which I was unimpressed with. I wanted one with reference fields for activation, weapons, morale, endurance, hit locations, etc. It would alleviate a lot of table referencing.
>>
>>51069947
OP here, I've gleaned through the book a bit once I got it. Was looking into certain themes when designing my crew. This book is supposedly the Sci Fi version of Frostgrave. The publisher Osrey as others have said publishes a lot of these systems, but the game is dependent on the author as other anons have said.

>>51071851
>>51072096
Same anon? Those are pretty sweet. I kind of want to make an interactive template myself.

I'll have to look at the Facebook page more I saw they were trying to even get their own run of models going.

>>51073035
I like that freedom personally, but even a loosely structured character sheet would have been a little helpful.

>>51073070
I'm doing a GotG kind of thing. Band of misfits, though they will be well trained and probably end up being mercenaries so I can get access to some neat tech. I'll post a picture of the Dark Age models I'm planning on using in a bit. Have to get ready for work.
>>
File: IMAG0619.jpg (293KB, 1302x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0619.jpg
293KB, 1302x641px
>>51073070
I'm painting up my Mantic Forge Father minis. I'm going for a Space Cops theme. They are a group that are sent out by the guilds to right wrongs done to them in either trade agreements or warcrimes.
>>
>>51073270
Ooh a dark eldar space pirates theme does sound fun too. It would sure as hell fare better than even KT DE
>>
>>51073270
The game is a small scale skirmish game. You have a squad of 4-6 guys that are completely customized. It allows you to create a load of different character concepts. There's also lots of different missions and environment rules for a lot of different, usually asymmetrical, scenarios.

The initiative system it uses is pretty unique as well. Here's a battle report that I think is a pretty good representation of the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71OHehKktk
>>
>>51073393
>This book is supposedly the Sci Fi version of Frostgrave.
No not at all. It's not by the same writer, and not even the creator thinks that. Osprey just wanted another scifi game they could publish. They weren't looking for a scifi frostgrave or anything.
>>
File: HFSF110 Smudgester (b) web.jpg (172KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
HFSF110 Smudgester (b) web.jpg
172KB, 600x355px
>>51073290
Thanks for the suggestion!
I was thinking of something a little cuter though.
Was hoping to find a Cairn Terrier of some kind, but I might have to settle for converting a little.

I'm also not 100% sure about the scarecrow and dorothy yet.
I think Dorothy needs red rocket boots or something.
And Scarecrow is kind of a difficult character to translate into sci-fi. Frankenstein's monster was the best I could come up with two days old and therefore lacking a brain/knowledge
>>
>>51073443
I think the reason people say "Scifi Frostgrave" is because it's a super small scale skirmish game with integrated campaign rules that is open to the use of any suitable miniatures regardless of manufacturer. So, it fills a similar niche to Frostgrave, but the rules and gameplay are definitely a lot different.
>>
>>51073475
I would counter with saying rogue stars has a much weaker campaign system than frostgrave. It's barely 1 page of rules
>>
Still no scan to peruse?
>>
>>51078058
I dont buy digitals on principle. if i want a book, i will pay for the physical
>>
>>51078058
Paper back book is only 13 on amazon.
>>
>>51079465
Not him but any PDF over $8 is not worth it. It always gets my goat when I see a digital only slightly less expensive than the physical.
>>
>>51080119
Its the paper back not PDF. Can't you read?
>>
>>51081361
Not him, but the pdf is still over $8. Can't you read?
>>
>>51075542
How is this possible? Frostgrave's mechanics are pretty much dogshit bare bones. How can the campaign be even flimsier?
>>
>>51081656
Except my post was about the paper back. Are you a halfwitt? Do you regularly make replies with no relation to the original post?
>>
>>51081656
>the paper back is only 13$
>I dont think the pdf is worth it
>I was talking about the paper back
>The pdf is still 8$
McFuckingKillYourself you fucking 'tard.
>>
>>51081834
>>51081928

I think the guy linked to the wrong post, but man are you butt flustered. Take a break from the net and go outside or something.
>>
>>51082035
Not my fault you're dumb as a grot.
>>
File: 1316815680751.png (11KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
1316815680751.png
11KB, 470x469px
>>51082110
Nice.
>>
>>51082210Some threads just bring out the best in people don't they? :-)
Face to face they would be the actual cowards we know them to be - all big talk when online and yes mummy when in the real world.
One of the downsides of the internet is that people that deserve a punch in the face (often repeatedly) just never get it. :-)
>>
File: 26212.jpg (6KB, 370x135px) Image search: [Google]
26212.jpg
6KB, 370x135px
I got my book for Christmas, and have been having fun rounding up all of my Sci-Fi miniatures without a home and making crews for them.

Most recently I've been thinking about making an all jet pack mercenary team using these guys.
>>
>>51082534
What minis are those? other than made by ants
>>
File: at_43_g_by_fuchsiart.jpg (109KB, 757x1024px) Image search: [Google]
at_43_g_by_fuchsiart.jpg
109KB, 757x1024px
>>51082547

Yeah, sorry about that. They're an old out of print Rackham set 'UNA Wing Troopers' from AT-43.

Not a lot of good pictures easily available, so have a concept art.
>>
File: 350px-Winston-portrait.png (148KB, 350x287px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Winston-portrait.png
148KB, 350x287px
>>51082597
Cool. There's a guy on the FB group who is statting up a bunch of at43 minis for the fun of it.

I really regret not getting some of the karmans back when they were more widely available. Winston before Winston was cool
>>
>>51082534
Making stats for your minis is part of the fun. It works especially when you come up with a the and try to find the right minis for the theme and stick them all in 200xp while balancing utility with power and giving them all some personality.

It reminds me of doing the same with song of blades and heroes, which I really like.
>>
>>51073410
>I'm going for a Space Cops theme.

>I'm from a more enlightened age.
>The space age
>From the future.
>The future of space.
>Outer space.
>>
Noticed a lack of a missile launcher, rocket launcher, or Grenade launcher in the book.

Any others feel like there should be those options?

Could be Damage 5 with Armor Piercing, Heavy, Reload, Two Handed.
Rocket Launcher could be Damage 4 with Scorch, Heavy, Reload, Two Handed.

Heavy could be nullified by Big, Artificial, or something similar. Maybe a sub category of launchers. It's the future so they could make them smaller and compact. One use only or not.
>>
>>51085326
I think Self Propelled Grenades kind of cover that niche.
>>
>>51085326
He is working on a supplement right now with expanded options and rules.
>>
>>51085430
Intelligence only is kind of selective given how widely available they should be.

>>51085433
Well that gives me hope!
>>
>>51085433
>He is working on a supplement right now with expanded options and rules.
hopefully that will include being able to take a larger size force, I wanted to like this game, but it's way too small scaled
>>
>>51085548
The problem with larger size forces is the way initiative works in it. The model count is small because each model activated is a risk that initiative gets passed to your opponent. Generally while teams consist of 4-6 models, you often will only get about 3-5 activations off before things are handed off to your opponent. This is a risk-reward system that makes the game unique, and works well in practice, because your opponent gets the same risks and rewards. When initiative switches off, your team gets reset and you can act with the same models as last time when it comes back to you.

The problem with upscaling, is you may end up having 8-12 models if you go, say, 400xp, you still are only doing about 3-5 activations before initiative switches off.

The solutions to this would be one of the following

1) track which models activated last activation so you cant use them again when initiative comes back to you, but that's a boring option because you get into some weird situations with high model count armies vs low model count ones, and is another thing to track on top of tracking wounds/pins/and stress that already clogs up the board.

2) group activations. This is something he does in SoBaH and it works well enough. The SoBaH activation is extremely similar to Rogue Stars', so I can see it ported over. But then it's something that becomes essential as people who don't do group activations (because of having a variety of different models rather than squads) will be at an extreme disadvantage against one who does use them.

I don't think it's a win win for any scenario, and the writer knows this. So he is keeping the focus of the game in this really small skirmish meet-up format it is, and I think that is very wise. Too many games try to be other things they are not and end up generally failing at most.
>>
>>51085696
still don't like it, I literally can't think of a single concept I'd like to actually use with the current model limitations(heck Frostgrave's size limits are already a pain to work around with when coming up with warband concepts)
>>
>>51085773
Then this game isn't for you. Simple as that. There are other games to look into, I'm sure. I just would rather he not try to make this game into something it was never intended to be.

He talked of his struggle to scale up SoBaH the same way and it just wasn't working and lost focus, so he just designed a completely different system that could handle it, and I hear that is pretty good for it, leaving SoBaH to be the very small skirmish it was always intended.

I have a feeling he learned his lesson and won't be attempting it with Rogue Stars.
>>
>>51085804
it's a damn shame, because besides the force size, I'm liking most everything else about Rogue Stars
>>
>>51086032
What's the size limit you were hoping for?
>>
Would anyone be interested in a formatted excel sheet?
>>
>>51090866
Why? Calculating cost is extremely easy, it's all just addition.
>>
>>51091296
Because options, people like options. Plus you can hyperlink it to the online rulebook. I can have every ability or stat at the press of a button. Works pretty well.
>>
>>51091752
Where's the online rulebook?
>>
File: PTrmNrpCfGBUY.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PTrmNrpCfGBUY.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>51093059
As in if you purchased it from the Google Play Store. You can open it in Chrome on your desktop or on your phone.
>>
>>51073410
Nice Iron Ancestor conversion.
>>
File: thorpatternironancestor.jpg (508KB, 1272x1316px) Image search: [Google]
thorpatternironancestor.jpg
508KB, 1272x1316px
>>51093378
Thanks. He's made from the dreadball one because it has hands and is more poseable.
>>
>>51085548
it seems to be focused around more gear and weapons, themes, missions and terrain, and even doing a more simplified version is being discussed
>>
>>51071851
Oh, cool. I guess it's an upgrade to Mutants and Ray-Guns?

But seriously, we should support this guy. It's basically him and his wife doing everything to create a sustainable business, and he's made plenty of decent products.

He's one of the few kickstarters I ever feel confident in backing.
>>
>>51099503
MaDRG is an upgrade to SoBaH, this is an entirely different game and system. The activation and initiative system is similar to SoBaH, but the comparison ends there.

For one thing, it's d20 based, and there is no Q or C scores, it's ALL in the special rules. This game is also designed around range combat, where in SoBaH and MaDRG, ranged combat is pretty powerful. This it's more balanced.
>>
>>51099690
Not him but what's MaDRG?
>>
>>51099974
Mutants and DeathRay Guns. It's a post-apoc gamma world type skirmish game that utilizes the same core rules as SoBaH (Song of Blades and Heroes). Another bring-your-own-minis and stat them type game.
>>
>>51100069
All of these bring your own mini games make me want a 3d printer.
>>
>>51100159
Definitely. And the conversion potential for current collection is great. A MaDRG survivors warband is easy. Get a box of ork boys ($25) and a box of historical ww2 soldiers (generally really cheap) and swap parts like crazy. Then use the ork bodies for random mutants out in the irradiated wastes.
>>
>>51099690
>>51099503
Also a key difference with mutants is how model stats are generated

Rogue Stars is simple point-buy
Song of Blades is point-buy using an equation
Mutants is randomly generated. Each player does like 5 models, and their mutations, gear, and talents are all randomized. There is also a point-buy with equation system similar to song of blades, but the game is focused on the random, in true gamma world nature
>>
>>51082110
Fuck, I just put together my EMF list and now I want to go get some Grots for a green skin list.
>>
>>51086032
Could always house rule some stuff with your buddies and try something closer to 20 models.
>>
File: 365g6zs.png (138KB, 733x468px) Image search: [Google]
365g6zs.png
138KB, 733x468px
>>51078058
>>51078790
>>51079465
>>51080119
>>51081361
>>51081656
>>51081834
Christ. I just got my physical book last night, but I wish someone would put up a PDF so this broke fags would quit polluting every Rogue Stars thread with their pauper rage.

Pic - Set I picked up a couple years ago on the cheap but never found a use for. Might do a 4 or 5 man squad with them.
>>
anyone got a PDF?
>>
File: a754fbdf19c98d0194723ebcbc0bf6d4.jpg (204KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a754fbdf19c98d0194723ebcbc0bf6d4.jpg
204KB, 512x1024px
Hey yo I just bought the PDF off of Osprey's website. Does anyone know if they're watermarked with purchaser info in any way? If not, I'll try and throw it up on Rapidshare or the like later.
>>
I'm gonna use those Alien Mercs that were part of my Mantic Deadzone Kickstarter ages ago. They are a nice mix of diverse guys that make a cool Headhunter-Posse
>>
File: wtf I hate osprey now.jpg (71KB, 859x549px) Image search: [Google]
wtf I hate osprey now.jpg
71KB, 859x549px
>>51072778
Not at these prices.
>>
>>51073002
>no actual argument

try again
>>
>>51106290
now? Osprey has had pdf prices like that for a while, hasn't it? I guess they really prefer customers to buy the physical version.
>>
>>51096920

I made mine from the Dreadball one too
>>
>>51107328
>>
>>51107335
niiiiiiiiiiiice
>>
File: despair but also an erection.png (34KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
despair but also an erection.png
34KB, 201x160px
>tfw I know I'll be buying loads of random aliens and weird creatures I never had an excuse to buy before
>tfw I know I'll probably have them in my backlog for the next 10 years just like anything else I bought lately
>tfw I can't bring myself just to sell every single GW miniature I own even though I don't feel the love anymore
>>
>>51107729
Bring them over to my place mang, I'll help you paint them.
>>
>>51107729

Sell them anon, trust me it's worth it.
>>
So, I have to buy more d20s for this game since I only have 1 or 2. Is there any advantage to the morr expensive ones? I found a set of 10 on amazon for 3$ and was thinking about grabbing that. Also, does anyone use a dice tray? I can't decide between rectangular, round, or octagon for a dice tray.
>>
Don't die on me thread.
>>
>>51106307
There is no argument against shitposting. It's like stomping out a flaming bag of shit on your front porch. I may have gotten rid of a small flame that wasn't going to do anything, but I just end up getting shit all over everything.
>>
>>51104969
As far as I can tell they aren't watermarked. Try uploading it to mega or something, and link it. Then we'll let you know if your name is on it or something and you can take it down.

I already own a copy so this isn't just me coaxing you to put it up.
>>
>>51107328
>>51107335
Very cool. I like the belts and cables. Yeah the Warpath model just seems really derpy, to me. Mine is meant to be the Thor Pattern Iron Ancestor. A model that I'm not sure is worth it for Deadzone at least, but I think it's cool nonetheless. But it's too big for the scope and scale of Rogue Stars
>>
>>51107335
Where did you get the ammo belt?
>>
>>51107729
I know the feels. I know them well. Reaper BONES have been somewhat of an addiction lately. I cant stop buying one that I like evertime I walk into the gamestore because I know I can use it for something, and they're so damn cheap. When BONES 3 finally gets to the market.. oh lawdy!
>>
>>51109108
Do you have an LGS? Most gamestores I go to have random assortments of dice or something. You can usually get them cheaper at an LGS than online.

Or go find a group of D&D players, ask if any of them have a spare d20 they wouldn't mind getting rid of. Most players will have that one d20 they believe is 'cursed' and are willing to part with.
>>
>>51110393
I'm pretty sure it's not too big. They have the Huge and Big traits. I'm sure you can get away with that as a character with Artificial, Huge, Heavy Machine Gun/Heavy Blaster Rifle, and other stats you could want.
>>
>>51111415
That's true. The unfortunate thing is a lack of hammers. The closest I could find for my dudes here >>51072096 is the force flail. I asked about it on the FB group so hopefully he will include it with the coming supplement.
>>
Hey. Is a pdf around ? I want to have a look. I'll buy it anyway if seriously give it a play.
>>
>>51111654
Not yet, but hopefully soon.

I'd get the hard copy, but paying shipping that equals the cost of the book pisses me off and I hate the DRM bullshit of stuff from the Google Play store.
>>
>>51110446
I have an LGS but are they really going to be cheaper than 3 for 10?

Does anyone have any recommendations for dice trays?
>>
>>51109108
You can also just resort to rolling the same die as many times as is necessary.
>>
>>51112863
Hobby lobby has cheap wooden trays for stuff that work well since they have handles and reasonable high sides.If you want it a little softer on the dice try lining the bottom with felt.

Broken token also makes a little mini dice tower that has a built in tray. If you don't like the tower, the tray itself still works okay.
>>
File: deadzone counters rogue stars.jpg (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deadzone counters rogue stars.jpg
110KB, 1000x1000px
People are already posting their warbands, but what about the other stuff you need to play teh game?

Any good 3'x3' gaming mats you can recommend?
Preferred kind of markers or counters maybe?

If you got it I'd love to see the scenery you are using.
Deadzone stuff looks pretty attractive to me right now.
>>
>>51112997
I'm curious as to what counters people are using as well.
>>
>>51112863
Go to a store and pick up a cheap picture frame, one with a deep inset. Replace the glass with a piece of thick cardboard. If you are feeling especially creative, paint something in the cardboard or print a design on a sheet of label paper (most print shops will do that) and stick it on the cardboard.

BAM! Custom dice tray on the cheap
>>
>>51112997
Deadzone terrain is an easy fit if you want a semi-modular table, though you'll want some more scatter terrain/miscellaneous shit.
>>
>>51112997
Deadzone scenery is nearly perfect for this game. Also look at Corvus Belli scenery kits for Infinity. They average about $10 and include some card stock buildings and crates and full color game mat
>>
>>51112997
It almost looks like the counters in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJztZzDi9hs
Could be these counters https://www.amazon.com/Opaque-Plastic-Counters-Numeracy-Teaching/dp/B01FVFFZE4

But amazon lists them as being 18mm which might be slightly bigger. Is there anyone else that's better at eyeing the sizes of things?

It seems like cheap affordable counters for the game.
>>
>>51113246
Go to a craft store and buy an assorted bag of colored flat beads. Most often referred to as decorative beads.
>>
>>51112997
I've also been thinking about printing some of these and fixing them onto mdf bases as gaming tokens.
http://game-icons.net/
>>
>>51113318
I looked for those at my local pat catans before and they only had necklace beads. Would I have better luck at the Michaels by me? I mean it seem slike 3$ is already a pretty good price.
>>
>>51113422
Michaels or hobby lobby. Any place that does decrative faux flowers and the like, really.
>>
File: warbandcards.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
warbandcards.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51113378
Oh shit I love that website so much. So many useful icons. I used them for SoBaH stat cards. Good stuff.
>>
>>51114939
How does SoBaH compare to Frostgrave? Would you recommend one over the other?
>>
>>51115024
Frankly I would recommend SoBaH over frostgrave. It's simpler, and much more modular. In frostgrave it's Always a wizard and apprentice and a bunch of mooks. In SoBaH you can run pretty much whatever warband you want in whatever theme. In Frostgrave you find minis that match the mook profiles. In SoBaH you make the profiles to match the minis.
>>
>>51115024
I would definitely say that SoBaH is the better game. It has much more in the way of options and the game itself plays better, without gimping any builds too badly. Most importantly for me is that there are mounted rules. The only downside is that you don't have as many pretty pictures. Get A Song of Deeds & Glory for campaign rules and you are set.
>>
>>51115125
>>51115133
Aren't you have to use the same minis for both though? So it would just be the cost of a book to try both?
>>
>>51115146
Yep. Though you can have wilder and more diverse things in ASoBaH. For example I had a couple of rather large ents follow my druid into battle, while in Frostgrave you won't get anything beyond a standard animal companion.
>>
However if you want magic and wizard focused games, Frostgrave is better because the spell mechanics and options are much more than song of blades.
>>
>>51115125
DESU I'd recommend any game over Frostgrave.
"Oh cool, a +1 weapon for my un-nammed soldier" is the least interesting fantasy thing ever.

Not to mention wizards committing minor seppuku a quarter of the time by just casting spells.
>>
>>51115167
That's not true.
You could have counted that as Large Construct or Major Demon for example.

In addition to that you can get zombies with the standard game, increase the number of animal companions to 4 in breeding pits or add a demon servant to your warband in forgotten pacts.

Just saying.
>>
>>51115407
But with the demons and constructs you could only have one, unless I want two identical models to have entirely different rules. I would rather have something that is made to fit rather than having to refluff everything.

Even then there is no way to have snakes that actually ensnare people or apes that can climb faster than your average guy.
>>
>>51115125
How much simpler? I usually prefer more complex games.
>>
>>51115481
Yeah. If you WANT a game with a DIY approach to rules you should pick that to play obviously.
>>
>>51115557
It varies. Advanced ASoBaH is more complicated, while the regular version is less so.
>>
>>51115614
What's the difference between advanced and regular?
>>
>>51115557
Honestly, it's best to read the rules. You can find them in the /awg/ pasta.

Generally speaking everything in the game is resolved by a single die roll on a d20 + modifiers.

There are ways to complicate that too of course, and if you use the expansions they add a lot of optional rules out of game as well.
>>
>>51111570
>The unfortunate thing is a lack of hammers.
The glaive whatever makes a decent power maul; decent damage, two-handed, energy weapon, and smite.

I was similarly frustrated by the selection of weapons and gear. I saw "Space Patrol" as one of the list options, and thought "OH SHIT, TIME TO MAKE SOME MOTHERFUCKING ARBITES," but there's no shotgun and no handheld shield so fuck that idea.
No sniper rifle apart from needlers, either. And yet there are two different upgrades available for causing your gun to self-destruct if someone else tries to loot it. Odd choice.
>>
>>51117806
>tfw you didn't buy those models when you had all the time in the world to do so
>tfw these models no go for an arm and a leg on ebay
>tfw GW announced a new version of Necromunda when they brought specialist games back
>tfw you can't decide to be excited about the possibility of plastic arbites or worried about possible redesigns
>>
>>51117887
New necromnda? When?
>>
>>51115133

How is it balance wise? Frostgraves shitty spell ballance really pissed me off.
>>
>>51117806

>no shotgun

wat

Seriously how can their be no shotguns?
>>
>>51118028
In an email they said that Necromunda among other games is going to be resurrected. The closest thing we have seen so far is their Commoragh game though.
>>
>>51118064
They're working on it. The creator posted some WIP rules for an expansion on facebook for people to playtest. Shotguns were among them.

I'd post a link, but 4chan thinks the link is spam.
>>
Are there any good squad sheets around?
>>
>>51118035
Well don't play it competitively. SoBaH can easily be broken as well if a player has experience and intends to be that guy
>>
>>51118035
Frostgrave is imbalanced because the spells and magic are poorly designed and balanced.

SoBaH is imbalanced because there is no force restrictions, purely point-buy.

Take your pick.
>>
>>51119139
SoBaH is imbalanced because the abilites and points costs are poorly designed and balanced.

Frostgrave is imbalanced because there are no spell choice restriction, purely player chosen.

Take your pick.

You can spin that anyway you like.
You are allowed to like one thing without shitting on the other.
>>
>>51119139
>>51119392
Well, I'm a big fan of masters of magic and age of wonders so Im going to give Frostgrave a try first.
>>
>>51119820
If all your looking for is a wizard+mooks vs another wizard+mooks, then frostgrave is ideal for that.
>>
>>51121446
After watching a SoBaH battle report it just seemed a little too simplified to me. Especially with using only d6. Are there any more complex bring your own model/ build your own war band skrimish games out there that use d20 with more complex rules?
>>
>>51121737
Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes
Dragon Rampant
>>
>>51121775
I looked at Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes. The video I watched on it didn't make it seem much more advanced. I'll check out Dragon Rampant.
>>
>>51121737
Frostgrave
>>
>>51123766
Frostgrave is not what hes asking for. Sure you can use your own minis, but you are under strict restrictions and have to use pre-determined unit profiles, just like most every other game out there. SoBaH has the freedom to build the profiles to match the minis, and you don't have to take any wizards if you don't want to.
>>
>>51121815
ASoBaH is still SoBaH with more special rules options and a nifty reaction mechanic. When a model fails any activations, an opponent can attempt to make a reaction during the active player's turn to move one of his dudes. It makes the game a little more dynamic.

The simplicity does have issues though with the combat score representing melee combat, toughness, and range combat, but that's where the special rules come into play. However I do wish there were more stats than just the 2.

But the game works well with simplicity and speed, and the activation mechanic with the Quality roll is really neat.

It's not fantasy, but I think you will really like Rogue Stars. It's build your own dudes, it uses a similar act/react mechanic as SoBaH, but it's more advanced with the many different actions and how combat takes place. I just played my first game today, and it is much more complex than SoBaH, but in a good way.
>>
Can't remember if it's been linked yet in this thread, but here's a battrep showing how to play Rogue Stars

https://youtu.be/P71OHehKktk
>>
>>51123825
Oh, then any free build RPG.

Savage Worlds
Dark Heresy
Only War
Pathfinder
DnD 4e
etc
>>
>>51124419
Are you really this dense? He's not asking for an RPG. You know there's a difference, right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71OHehKktk>>51068521
>>
>>51118823

Fun fact: I'd actually be better off playing it competitively since then everyone would just use all the same imbalanced spells which eliminates the balance issues.

The hilarious thing about FG is people go on about "not playing it competitively" "just play for fun" "just pick a theme and play with that" and it's playing it with that mentality that leads to the balance issues ruining it.

Take 2 WAACFAGS and give them Frostgrave and they'll both play elementalists and zap each other to death with the best offensive spells in the game.

Take 2 theme-fags and one of the picks elementalist because of theme and the other picks anything else, again because of theme, and the second guy best lube himself up because he's about to get viciously fucked and punished by the ruleset for liking one theme over another.

This is how imbalanced rules ruin games but people still try and shift the blame to the players rather than a shitty ruleset.
>>
>>51126218
Except only the waacfags like you care about that. Those two theme bros will still have fun. Whereas the waccfags will not, because they are incapable of fun, because they are brain damaged. You are brain damaged.
>>
>>51126218
Can't you just make some house rules to nerf the elementalist since you are just playing for fun?
>>
>>51126329

>Only waacfags care about not getting fucked over for choosing something thematic over simply choosing what's good

Please kill yourself you sanctimonious retard.

Pay attention:

IMBALANCED RULES RUIN GAMES BECAUSE IT PUNISHES PLAYERS WHO CARE ABOUT THEME AND LEAVES THE GAME OPEN TO EXPLOITATION BY WAACFAGS.

>>51126631

Yeah I could but I could also just make my own game from scratch, I shouldn't have to re-write a ruleset I've paid money for.
>>
>>51127634
>neither player cares about a game being balanced experience
>being imbalanced ruins the game for these players because there's no balance
>>
>>51124419

I know you're shitposting, but there is actually a Savage Worlds generic wargame system.

I can't vouch for whether it is any good though.
>>
>>51126329
>Except only the waacfags like you care about that.

Someone pointed out a flaw in this game you've built a bit of fanboy identity around? Better insult him and hope he goes away.

>>51128194
Look at those goalposts go!

Not that they're likely to get anywhere really regardless. If one person just keeps winning because the rules give him a massive advantage, well, those two guys of your are probably going to find it rather meaningless to play the game in a hurry.

And if, if, they don't, well, that's nice for them. Doesn't make the rules any better though, people can enjoy playing games that are complete shitshows because the pure social interaction, separate form the game, is a huge part of it all. It's like the old "a good DM can fix that" or >>51126631, that you could in theory un-fuck something doesn't make it a good thing, in fact it merely highlights that the thing is in itself fucked. Good is when you don't need to un-fuck it.
>>
>>51124445
Are you borderline retarded or just full on? Savage Worlds and D&D4e are both built from the ground up to be miniature focused. SW comes directly from wargaming - every distance in the game is listed in inches. D&D4e is nearly impossible to run "correctly" without miniatures.

Rogue Stars is supposed to be (and advertised as) an RPG/Wargame hybrid. AKA D&D4e or Savage Worlds.
>>
>>51127634
>Yeah I could but I could also just make my own game from scratch, I shouldn't have to re-write a ruleset I've paid money for.
Except you don't have to make an entire game then you just have to tweak the elementalist's spells a bit so they aren't unbalanced.
>>
>>51128385
>If one person just keeps winning because the rules give him a massive advantage, well, those two guys of your are probably going to find it rather meaningless to play the game in a hurry.

But for some folks, Anon, the enjoyment is in the act of playing. The criteria by which you're judging whether the game is good isn't the same as the criteria by which they're judging it. Some people are going to be interested in playing a game which creates balanced encounters between two evenly matched forces, and others aren't.

I know it can be genuinely hard for an autist to understand, but other people are going to have different preferences and thoughts to you. Judging whether or not the game is good for other people based on criteria they're not concerned by is missing the point entirely.
>>
>>51129127
It's not even as unbalanced as what he's claiming from what I've been reading about the game. Balancing it out further is as simple as removing wizard XP from kills and doubling the XP of spell casting as well a making itmes cost 4x as much and making it so that not all items are available for purchase at all times.
>>
File: rogue stars character profile.jpg (110KB, 827x1417px) Image search: [Google]
rogue stars character profile.jpg
110KB, 827x1417px
>>51112997
just found this on ganesha games.

These cards have spots to put dice on.
>>
>>51131190
p. nice
>>
File: 3x5card_front_tokens.jpg (664KB, 1788x2988px) Image search: [Google]
3x5card_front_tokens.jpg
664KB, 1788x2988px
>>51131190
Yeah I like having the counters on the board, but some like them on the card. So I altered mine as well for them.
>>
>>51112997
Matsbymars has all kinds of different sized mats. I bought a 2x2 last year just to check them out, I like it a lot. Now Ill have to get a couple 3x3s for this game.
>>
>>51131359
I might try my hand at these in at Photoshop tonight. Anyone good enough at coding to make it an interactive version for online?
>>
>>51132272
Anon, you tha real MVP. Gonna snag two of those mats. Got some Raging Heroes Kastinovas girls on the way for my squad.

FeelsGoodMan.jpeg
>>
>>51132875
I can take some pics when I get home if you want. The mats are basically heavy vinyl material, spill / tear resistant. I'm painting up some Jailbirds right now for the exact same purpose haha.
>>
>>51133405
I was gonna do the Jailbirds just for the Mecha along with Foxy. Nice!

>MatsbyMars
Wait, they aren't like the rubber mats?
>>
>>51133466
No. They aren't the neoprene mousepad material. More like the vinyl signs businesses hang up for sales and promos. They can roll up well enough and are durable, but not as satisfying to roll or play on like the neoprene stuff. Vinyl mats are cheap, that's why they are the price they are.
>>
>>51133405
gamematz seems to have better prices.
>>
>>51112997
Can it be played with 4'x4' mats or will that mess up the balance of the game? I use 4'x4' ones for infinity.
>>
>>51134425
Very nice. Thanks a lot.

>>51133466
No worries. Thanks for letting me know. What Jailbirds did you go with?
>>
>>51134462
It really won't, but it will make the game unnecessarily longer as both players spend some time getting closer to each other. You could just play on the same may with a 6" lip around it just as well
>>
>>51134462
You can always use a 4x4 mat and just mark off a 3x3 area on it.
>>
>>51135306
>>51135510
Is 3x3 a common mat size? The only two games I know of that use it are Rogue Stars and Frostgrave.
>>
>>51136559
malifaux and some other games use it. its one of those small skirmish game sizes
>>
>>51136613
Ah, okay thanks. Do you know if This is Not a Test uses it? I want to check out that game at some point but my duckduckgo searches aren't giving me any good results on the table size.
>>
>>51136660
Well closest I can see from youtube battle reports it's a 4x4 mat so I guess I ended up answering my own question.
>>
>>51136660
>TNT is best played on a board of 48" x 48". Other sizes are fine, but players may notice that ranged combat or melee opportunities will increase or decrease depending on the table size. For larger or smaller tables, adjust the distance proportionally from the edge models start on the board.
>>
>>51136875
Thanks anon.
>>
Still trying to find a 3'x3' gamemat that is made of rubber and won't break the bank. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51139582
gamemat.eu is the cheapest i can find on the internet for that type. still expensive but it's the cheapest ive seen, which really isnt saying much. its just an expensive thing to manufacture and people want to make a profit off of it
>>
>>51139582
Why not just make a bunch of 1' squares out of foam glued to a pieces of hardwood? That way you can scale up or down to fit your needs and save a ton.
>>
>>51140145
>gamemat.eu
you can just roll a gaming mat up and put it away. Collecting 9 to 12 one foot squares of foam glued to hardwood takes up quite a bit more space.
Not so much you couldn't stash it, but if you are living in a one room flat every bit counts.
>>
I'm pretty hype to play this. My friend just bought it, and I'm gonna give him some Reaper IMEF to make a squad with. I got to thinking about what I can use for star ship / sci fi terrain and remembered Fat Dragon. I got some of the fantasy sets last year and they work / look really good. Hopefully the sci fi set is just as neat.
>>
>>51141197
If space is an issue--sure.

As far as price goes foam board can't be beat; especially if you have a table set out specifically for gaming (I do).

To each his own though.
>>
File: IMAG1143.jpg (310KB, 760x1004px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1143.jpg
310KB, 760x1004px
I just played my first game last night.

Hoo boy this game is rules intensive. Not enough to chase us away from it, but our first game took a long time just to get used to how it's played. We were pretty astounded with the amount of table lookups are needed. Attacking and damage goes through about 5 tables alone. Granted as you play you get used to knowing the common role modifiers and such, but it's still a lot.

We liked it and are willing to give it a few more shots. The game feels less like a a scifi frostgrave, and more like each player is bringing a team of RPG PCs to the table, or old GW Inquisitor. The hit location stuff is kindof neat, and of course the aspects it borrowed from SoBaH (stat your own dudes, and the activation and iniatitive) I love.

So it's not an easy system to pick up, i can imagine especially if someone is new to tabletops, but its a cool game system that's worth exploring.
>>
>>51141595
>>51073436

Thanks for the report and the vid. I just finished watching it, and I'm pretty hyped for my copy to come in the mail.
It does look like a lot to keep track of, but I'm excited to hear that it kind of feels like Inquisitor (another great GW game killed before its time [though the scale certainly didn't do Inq any favors]).
>>
File: inquisitorbookmain.jpg (31KB, 444x319px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitorbookmain.jpg
31KB, 444x319px
>>51141833
It feels like inquisitor in that there are very few models being used (like the max you want to go with rogue stars is 6 models) and i barely remember inquisitor, but i remember something about rolling for how many actions a character could take in a turn, and how many options and gear there were. This game seems to have captured those aspects.

Also I can see this game playing well on super dense terrain, so the type of terrain you played Inquisitor on would work here as well.
>>
>>51141911
Inquisitor kind of played like a proto-Savage Worlds, but at the time not having played any tabletop (aside from WHFB and 40k) it really blew me away.

The fantastic narrative batreps in White Dwarf, and the seemingly huge amount of customization really sold it for me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't convince anyone to try it out until long after it died and with 28mm.
>>
>>51141989
well this game has plenty of customization, so no worries there. Again, it reminds me more of inquisitor than anything, but that's just me though.

someone is going to bite back saying "i played it and didnt get inquisitor, you liar!"
>>
>>51142200

If it doesn't end up like Inquisitor in my mind, I won't give you any shit for it.

I've just got to start thinking of how to draw some of my local club into it.
>>
>>51141989
>Unfortunately, I couldn't convince anyone to try it out until long after it died and with 28mm.

That's because Inq. had so many glaring flaws. It had an embarrassing number of typos and desperately needed errata. The WYSIWYG system requirements for the minis literally expected players to hack up and remodel minis constantly to reflect their changing load-out in a campaign game. And the core rule book literally had a lot more pages of advertisements for "Buy our miniatures!" than it had pages of rules for running an actual campaign. As a whole it came across like GW saying "Here! We've had Gav Thorpe crap out some new rules in order to justify reselling you the same minis you already own at a larger scale. Hooray!"

TL:DR - A lot of people wanted to like Inquisitor, but took one look at the train-wreck that it was and 'Noped' right out of there.
>>
>>51141485
>especially if you have a table set out specifically for gaming (I do).
not the guy asking for it, but I don't have a single table that's even as big as 3'x3' in my flat.
>>
>>51139582
>>51139809
Deepcut studio is also pretty affordable at 34,90€ for a mousepad material gaming mat in 3'x3'
They also have a selection of prints that beats the other offers imo.
http://www.deepcutstudio.com/
>>
>>51104969
Did you ever upload it?
>>
>>51139582
see >>51134425
It's the cheapest I found.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 690x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 690x378px
can somebody id these hardfoam buildings from the battle report?
They look familiar, but I can't quite place them.
>>
>>51145965
They're worldwide shipping is painful... Otherwise I would have grabbed two 3'x3' for my birthday and a 6'x4' for my cousin's birthday.
>>
>>51146676
Ash said they are a disco's GW line.
>>
>>51146768
>They're worldwide shipping is painful...
fair enough, I'm in europe, so it's the other way around with the other companies mentioned for me.
>>
>>51146871
Fair enough, wish they didn't charge more than an extra mats worth for shipping.
>>
>>51145214
Scale was what turned me off most about it. Sure I could have tried to rescale it, but there just was no interest in it, most people citing that as the issue
>>
Any way to convert an epub to pdf and not lose all the formatting?
>>
>>51148324

Calibre
>>
>>51148324
Or
Epubor
>>
>>51149273
Not true sadly. The formatting if mega fucked using Calibre.
>>
Here is epub and epubor conversion to pdf!
Osprey - MYTH 005 - Thor.epub
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/DbeEjeQj/file.html
Osprey - MYTH 005 - Thor.pdf
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/jyPwoDA8/file.html
>>
File: cnc workshop PEREGRINELarge.jpg (83KB, 465x763px) Image search: [Google]
cnc workshop PEREGRINELarge.jpg
83KB, 465x763px
I feel like having a spaceship for your crew would be oddly appropriate.
>>
>>51151192
i feel like having your crew battling alien invaders on your ship would be even more appropriate
>>
Anyone find some other battle reports?
>>
>>51152609
I've got a game of Frostgrave with someone tonight. I'm gonna try to talk him into a Rogue Stars game too. So hopefully soon.
>>
>>51151192
This and having a fight in your lair in frostgrave have been ideas our locals are kicking around.

Anyone seen any base/ship rules for this yet?
>>
File: 1483415910273.gif (1021KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
1483415910273.gif
1021KB, 288x162px
>>51151192
>>51153380
Ooo, I like the idea of using XP later on in a campaign to create your own base of operations.

I like this... It's kind of like XCOM.
>>
>>51153949
>>51153380
He doesn't have any extended campaign rules, yet. For anything like that anyway. It is a good idea.
>>
>>51151011
>Osprey - MYTH 005 - Thor.pdf

Osprey eBooks are formatted like dog shit. Tables cut in half, pages with one image on them, all kinds of dopey crap. I will never be buying a digital product from Osprey ever again.
>>
>>51154270
No, but it's nice that this system is so flexible that it can be done that way. Objectives completed could reward a separate resource that can be used to purchase things for your BoP. Could be a world ship, could be a meteor base, could even be just a tiny corvette with all the latest gadgets like gellar fields, stealth fields, etc,.. Main objectives could only offer it or something along those veins.
>>
>>51158133
Most definitely. On our test game we noticed that there were generally main objectives, and a bunch of small minor ones that had no bearing on the final winner of the game, but those secondary objectives could be the prime thing to reward resources. So you have credits and XP rewarded from missions.
>>
>>51158161
I'm down for that. It would be awesome. Hoping he really does take this input and uses it. On FB, he already has shotguns and experimental ammo.
>>
>>51145852
3x3 table isn't hard to build, but having the room for it in your flat will definitely be an issue. My table is 6x4 (in the garage) and I use it for 40k, Ronin, Frostgrave, Warmaster, and Battletech.

You could also get a 3x3 folding table for like $50 on Amazon--it'll probably shake like crazy though.
>>
>>51152609
Not yet.
I'll do my best to write something up when my harcopy arrives.
>>
File: 9be55a47de91fbac0fe09101cef81e68.jpg (449KB, 1202x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9be55a47de91fbac0fe09101cef81e68.jpg
449KB, 1202x1280px
>>51104969
>>51145975
I just did! I got sick with flu and was laid up for a while. Uploaded now.

http://www.megaupload.us/5ve/Rogue_Stars_PDF.pdf

I think it's interesting but I am predisposed against any game that uses straight d20 rolls instead of dice pools or multiple dice to make a bell curve. The activation/reaction thing looks neat though, and I'm eager to give it a try.
>>
>>51161767
Ouch, my browser.
>>
>>51161767

Thanks a lot! I'm reading through it now, but really >>51162078
>>
>>51161767
>>51162078
>>51162116

A less cancerous version:
https://mega.nz/#!V99UATLZ!ANYg-JXDTUN1w-5h3ZuNyiUUvTOEiUfcTvC0UIPEFbI
>>
>>51162146
Thank you, Anon.
>>
File: bravo.jpg (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bravo.jpg
114KB, 500x375px
>>51161767
>>51162146
Gods among men... ThankYou Anons
>>
File: 6c70a52091a5e52d1fb2bd3ff992d426.jpg (181KB, 711x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6c70a52091a5e52d1fb2bd3ff992d426.jpg
181KB, 711x1600px
>>51162146
Thanks for uploading a less-shitty filesharing link, Anon. I didn't know the best way to go about it, so I just went for the first one I could find.
>>
>>51162396
No worries, you did great.
>>
File: rogue stars mercenaries on T'au.jpg (212KB, 1170x919px) Image search: [Google]
rogue stars mercenaries on T'au.jpg
212KB, 1170x919px
anybody else found it hilarious that this ended up in the rulebook?
>>
>>51162146
>>51161767
Niiice
>>
File: cnc workshop HOMBILarge.jpg (96KB, 456x485px) Image search: [Google]
cnc workshop HOMBILarge.jpg
96KB, 456x485px
>>51151192
>>51151232
>>51153380
>>51153949
Yeah. I found the perfect transport for my crew.

Spaceballs was exactly like I imagine hanging out in a spaceship would be like.
>>
File: wildstar4.jpg (82KB, 736x1431px) Image search: [Google]
wildstar4.jpg
82KB, 736x1431px
>>51162146
I'm digging the artwork.

Reminds me a bit of Wildstar.
>>
>>51162146
Nice work anon. I settle on the Just models from Raging Heroes though after the order I found the Black Stone Commandoes from H.I.N.T. damn EU has some good stuff.
>>
>>51165220
KST
>>
>>51163722
People really love Marathon II: Durandal.
>>
So surprisingly I have 2 potential teams build and (almost) painted without even knowing it.
1st:
Mutant with sword and bomb
Mutant with AR and big fists
Mutant with plague-AR
Mutant with SMG
A little Goblin fanatic
Ork shaman with pistol

2nd:
5 guys in power armor with pistols and riot shields.

Can I play with these ? Especially the 2nd one seems really limited, so what is a good addition? I always wanted to buy a light walker (mantic strider) for them, but I guess that'll be too much for this game. Another model I always wanted to use is the mule from dreamforge. I guess multi purpose drones would be fitting for police guys.
>>
>>51165454
I'm not sure five guys in power armour would work; that's 180 XP out of 200 on the armour alone!
>>
>>51165454
Would probably do Star Cops and "On the Double!"
Do Light Combat Dress/Light Power Armour, Frag or Stun Grenade, take a few ARs, an HMG, a Blaster/Laser, and either exoskeleton or Stealth Suit since Star Cops can have one duder with Intelligence gear.

Then do skills to fill.
>>
>>51162396
Thanks to the original Anon.

I edited out the non-rules pages (fewer art pages, no ads) and smooshed in the errata that Sfiligoi posted on the Facebook group.

https://mega.nz/#!XQgHGCRB!C7YKH9HSPxHfgPVpTHAWvl3v9ldMDpUMfaL8OcA7myQ
>>
>>51168013
Links down. Or am I missing something?
>>
>>51162146
The flood gates are open now.
A worm hole discovered at the edge of our reach. It goes only one way but we found something on the other end.
The Chan Star.
(A shitty pitch for a /tg/ approved, non official errata/homebrew thread.)
>>
File: 52a761dd7b399123f42deb176b342ed9.jpg (250KB, 1600x1046px) Image search: [Google]
52a761dd7b399123f42deb176b342ed9.jpg
250KB, 1600x1046px
>>51068521
can i modify this to be about one to three max races?

i hate flavor of the minute random alien generation

Also how does this game support Mecha and Mecha based accessories (hard suits)?
>>
File: 1473912896225.jpg (39KB, 395x770px) Image search: [Google]
1473912896225.jpg
39KB, 395x770px
>>51170058
You can make pretty much any creature you want as long as it has some form of sentience. This isn't a 'choose your race-choose your class' type system. It's entirely point-buy on everything. So you buy gear, skills, and traits, and depending on what of those you buy flavors the class. Again, generally you want to build the profiles to match the minis you will be using.

As for mecha an power armor. The creator has said he doesnt want to lose focus in the game and is not really going into mecha. There is power armor, and you can make something a bigger size by choosing the appropriate traits, but there are no bigger guns, like vehicle weapons that are common on mecha.

So you could make a huge powersuit type model, but he would be taking the same weapons a foot-soldier could. But he would be harder to kill.
>>
>>51170171
>So you could make a huge powersuit type model, but he would be taking the same weapons a foot-soldier could. But he would be harder to kill.

That's fine for me. I have a very unique mecha system in my homebrew, where basically everyone starts off with augmented bodysuits to begin with and slowly evolve into a walking tank. The tank comes much later, mind you, and most people don't live long enough to get past the "I have thick armor but can still walk through doors" phase.

Sounds cool, but I'm guessing that it might not be a perfect fit for my homebrew.... Ah well, I'll still check it out. Anyone have a PDF I can thumb through?
>>
>>51170058
I'd suggest just looking at the rulebook. There's not really aliens - well, there sort of are, insofar as there are a few alien biology traits (reptillian, vegetable and mineral), but there's not really alien species with defined traits outside of that.

It's not like "alien species x has traits a, b and c", if that makes sense. You slap whatever traits you want (within limits based on your theme) on to your dudes. Really, just look at the rules, it's not a huge book.
>>
File: 1473869574343.jpg (50KB, 654x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473869574343.jpg
50KB, 654x960px
>>51170331
see>>51168013
>>
>>51170388
says unavailable m7

>>51170381

I will do that, might have jumped the gun based upon first appearances
>>
Does ASoBaH do the same thing where you have pretty much half a dozen RPG characters going against each other? I like the concept a lot.
>>
>>51170583
Not really because sobah is very simple. Each model is 2 stats and traits. But it also is a point buy system using an equation to calculate points
>>
>>51170544
Look a bit further up the thread.
>>
>>51170331
Just make it have the traits Artificial, Huge, Tough, Agile, and Fast. Throw in stuff like a Heavy Blaster Rifle or Heavy Machine Gun and you'll be fine. For added craziness, choose Hard to Kill as your Discipline and save those for the Mecha. Give it Claws for a built in weapon and maybe a built in ranged weapon to resemble a sidearm or underslung weapon. Add stuff like Targeting Computer if you are of the CYBORG theme.
>>
>>51170651
OK, thanks for the heads up. I would love to see more of a fantasy take on this concept, largely as most of my figures are fantasy dudes.
>>
>>51171078
I do like sobah a lot. Its going to be my daughters first tabletop game, and i can easily add in rpg elements because its less for her to track.
>>
>>51171078
>OK, thanks for the heads up. I would love to see more of a fantasy take on this concept, largely as most of my figures are fantasy dudes.
just use the more exotic guns as spells and otherwise stick to the melee weapons.
>>
File: Mushroom men.jpg (1MB, 1200x1303px) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom men.jpg
1MB, 1200x1303px
>>51171235
Gonna use some of these guys as sentient magical kungfu mushroom aliens.

That staff is actually going to be a gun.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.