[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General - Rodina Pride Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 43

File: KazakSpetsnaz.jpg (424KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
KazakSpetsnaz.jpg
424KB, 1400x1400px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where Russians do all the heavy lifting.
>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
https://catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread
>>50997470
>>
>>51056263
Lore question: What nationalities exist on the different worlds of the human spheres that aren't directly represented by the core factions?
For instance the Sikhs exist on acontecimento.
>>
>>51056263
Is CB ever going to make their models more posable?
>>
File: trianglefaceniggah.jpg (42KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
trianglefaceniggah.jpg
42KB, 600x750px
>>51056383
Who would know?
I mean... they are all wearing helmets.
>>
File: IJF HW&ATT.jpg (115KB, 688x380px) Image search: [Google]
IJF HW&ATT.jpg
115KB, 688x380px
Is this enough door-kicking?
>>
File: HNzKjaZ.jpg (158KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
HNzKjaZ.jpg
158KB, 900x506px
>>51056383
Corregidor is mostly hispanic-south american and has also some african heritage. Almost none of the miniatures represent that.
They just look badass.
>>
>>51056575
I would get rid of Sfroza and make that Zhanyin Fireteam a 5 men squad.
But that's like my opinion.
>>
>>51056263
Зa Poдинy!
>>
>>51056616

1) Sforza is rad as hell and I really want to give him a shot

2) There's no way to make a 5 man Zhanying team. They're AVA4 and a Hsien can only be added to a Zhanying haris, not a core team...
>>
>>51056263
It irks me to no end to see a wonderfully painted model ruined by the stub on the base rim. I mean it takes literally 30 seconds to sand it (1 minute if you have to fill it with a bit of putty), in a model that took probably 3+ hours to finish. I'll never understand this.
>>
>>51056547
Posable minis bring lack of detail, specifically around the arm/shoulder joints.
>>
>>51056547
Why would they?
>>
Hello friends I have always been a long standing customer of GW and I really like Corvus Belli miniatures and how they look.

What are the main pulling forces of the miniatures? Theres a lot to see on the website but are there any miniatures that are just really really well done?
>>
File: Uxia.jpg (43KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Uxia.jpg
43KB, 620x400px
>>51056771
>>
>>51056575
some considerations in no particular order:
-way too many Zhanying, I don't understand how you're gonna use them
-if you want to go doorkicking take a Crane (or two), they're just too good for the job.
-2 chain of command units is way overkill. Pheasant duo (I presume?) is quite gimmicky, better take another Bao and form a Haris
-ISS without Kuang Shi is like christmas without presents. Can't beat 5 regular orders + smoke for 33/0,5
-try to fill the last 1,5 SWC
>>
>>51056972
Man now I feel like a dope. I've always been under the impression that Zhanying could make a core link by themselves for some reason.
>>
File: Am4aCWz.jpg (163KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Am4aCWz.jpg
163KB, 900x506px
>>51056771
Anaconda Squad. Nomads.
>>
File: 280807-0242.jpg (197KB, 1096x555px) Image search: [Google]
280807-0242.jpg
197KB, 1096x555px
>>51056771
You won't find any Archaon Everchosen or Celestant Prime here, this is a skirmish game based on special operations and deniability.
This is not to say there aren't models with a strong table presence though, personally I've always had a soft spot for this bad motherfucker here.
>>
>>51057046
Hey, at least when you move a Wu Ming in there you'll have a spare 30 points, 1.5 SWC to spend on whatever you like - Garuda/ Ninja / Rui Shi would be great.
>>
>>51057705
And seconding those anons who say drop Crane combi - either get the madtraps version who actually adds something interesting or just the cheap'n trusty Bao shotgunner.
>>
>>51057705
Now I'm confused though. I always saw the Zhanying as a psuedo-MI to fill ISS' lack of Sekban/Wildcat/Bolt style unit. Now I know they can't form a core link I'm really confused as to why they can't...
>>
File: uvsVtb5.png (233KB, 680x541px) Image search: [Google]
uvsVtb5.png
233KB, 680x541px
>>51056383
Like you said sikhs are on acontecimento as are the rest of spics and brown people.
>>
>>51057837
Well I guess the compuslory Wu Ming actually doesn't change the overall cost if it's a cheap one. Quite a colourful filler figure.
>>
Mayacast confirms that monthly releases will be released in the corresponding month. So technically there's no January release, because they would come out in February.

Also the CA Pilots box has:
- Raicho pilot
- Scindron, remote pilot for the Shasvasti Sphinx
>>
>>51057970
You're misunderstanding, you can take a maximum of one (1) Zhanying in a core team of Wu Mings, not the other way around. The only other option is taking a Zhanying Haris, there's no way to make a full core of them.
>>
File: IJF HW&ATT2.jpg (110KB, 688x385px) Image search: [Google]
IJF HW&ATT2.jpg
110KB, 688x385px
Right, a list which doesn't depend upon a non-existent link team.
>>
>>51058095
Shit. That's way less fun than I'd imagined!
>>
>>51056383
There is a fluff blurb of Cubans living in Svahlreima
As a Cuban this sounds super sketchy to me because I know for a fact we're not built for the cold
>>
>>51058160
Much better than before, very direct and brutal list. 3 fireteams (I guess the Bao is in Haris with the Pheasants?) make it very order-efficient if also a bit less flexible. Having 2 unspent SWC is a real waste though, and if you can find the points I would upgrade one CG to carry a KSCD; even if you don't take the Kuang Shi the smoke will be very valuable to cover the team as it slogs up the field.

Tbh I'm not very fond of the Pheasants+Bao haris, if it were me I'd probably put some REMs and a Ninja in their place but I guess it's just a matter of personal preference
>>
File: AR-22.jpg (771KB, 2100x1680px) Image search: [Google]
AR-22.jpg
771KB, 2100x1680px
>>51056771
They're 30mm proper scale miniatures with tons of intricate detail to them (especially the newer CAD sculpts made in the last few years). Contrary to what it might seem, this makes them incredibly easy to paint with glazes/thinned paint/washes, essentially making the miniatures paint themselves. With the low model count, you can easily paint up a playable force to a good standard in a week's time. You can also spend a week on one miniature, all the intricate detail makes the painting process very rewarding. They're honestly the best miniatures that I've had the pleasure to paint, and I've painted a lot.

Aside from the website, well, you'll find Infinity minis on various fan sites and painting blogs and groups, but all the studio minis are still extremely well painted, mostly done by one guy, Angel Giraldez (though recently there have been a few additions to the painting team). He's also released two tutorial books, though it's probably better if you start with Vol 2 as it goes into the basics, while Vol 1 assumes you already are familiar with an airbrush and the basics.
>>
>>51058066
>Also the CA Pilots box has:
>- Raicho pilot
>- Scindron, remote pilot for the Shasvasti Sphinx

"Two models are too much for a blister, they won't fit!"
>>
File: kiss my shiny musclefibre ass.png (128KB, 225x349px) Image search: [Google]
kiss my shiny musclefibre ass.png
128KB, 225x349px
>>51056771
Manga aesthetic (if you're into that), realistic proportions, actually attractive female miniatures.
Personally I was pulled in by the rules though. The whole concept of ARO sounded new and interesting.
>>
File: Image.png (159KB, 606x469px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
159KB, 606x469px
>>51058160
>>51058537
As reference, here's how I'd make a similar list.
CG with KSCD is in for the smoke and Xi Zhuang brings a template weapon and MadTraps to the team for a real "I'll fuck your shit up" deathball.
Rui Shi is cheap and packs a punch, can pull off the old smoke trick with the Celestial Guard friend (would be even better with some supportware but sadly no space in this list).
Husong for some long distance ARO threat, a couple Kuang Shi to fill points, trigger mines and generally be a nuisance.
Pheasant is in group 2 for logistic reasons, but can switch for free as soon as there's space thanks to Free Agent.
Rest is pretty much the same.

So that's just a humble suggestion, I don't mean that your list is bad or anything. You can do as you like with this list I don't care, I had fun making it (I'm actually saving it for the future, it picked my interest)
>>
>>51056263
So, how are ALEPH?

Newcomer trying to test the waters.
>>
File: remove aleph.png (357KB, 453x636px) Image search: [Google]
remove aleph.png
357KB, 453x636px
>>51059093
ALEPH is an elite, tough as nails army. No Wound Incapacitation and ODD everywhere. High tech toys. Post-Humans cause a lot of whining about imbalance due to how good they are. Generally a low model count army, but with a lot of stuff they can do.

ALEPH is also the great Satan that seduced the Church away from God and wants to make us all it's puppets.
>>
>>51059168
Are they overpowered? My friends play Tohaa, haqqislam, french dudes, and onyx contact force.
>>
>>51056771
What do you mean pulling forces? Particularly outstanding minis?
Here's some that I particularly like:

Older (pre-CAD):
Aleph: Marut
Ariadna: Tankhunter autocannon, Chasseur rifle, all Zouaves, Dozer rifle, Intel Spec-Ops
Combined Army: Caskuda (OOP), Drone Remotes (old/biological, OOP), Seed-Soldiers, Anathematic
Haqqislam: Hunzakut sniper, Djanbazan sniper, Saladin, Asawira rifle, no-weapon Hafza,
Nomads: Morlock (male), Chimera, Lunokhod
Yu Jing: Guilang, Imperial Agent Pheasant, Aragoto, Hsien

New (CAD):
Ariadna: Airborne Ranger SMG, most of the USARF starter
Haqqislam: Hunzakut LGL, Maghariba Guard, Kum, Bashi Bazouk BS, Azrail FB
Mercs: Avicenna, LE Bounty Hunter sniper
Nomads: Gecko mk12, most of the new starter box
PanOceania: Father-Knight, LE Joan of Arc
Yu Jing: Yan Huo 2ML, Tiger Soldiers
Bootleg: Penthesilea
>>
>>51058537
Yeah, Bao is in the Haris.

Despite what people are saying, I was in a bind recently which really left me wishing for grenades of some form. So swapping the Mad Traps for Stun Grenades and bumping the Bao up to a Multi Sniper spends most of the remaining SWC.
Although it does make the Haris an incredibly schizophrenic but powerful, link.
Alternative is have a Zhanying Haris with a hacker and HMG.

>>51059054
Xi Zhuang and some REMs are definitely on the to buy list next. I've been wanting to play around with Free Agent, that looks interesting.
>>
File: 4LUnKDq.jpg (160KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
4LUnKDq.jpg
160KB, 900x506px
>>51059383
>Hunzakut LGL
Man. I have to agree. I really, really like this mini.
>>
>>51059093
Elite, high tech, tough army with some dirty tricks. They have some of the most feared units in the game like Achilles (debatably best fighter, undoubtedly best hairs). Sexy sleek GiTS look, androids and robots galore. We also have a sectorial that's choc full of Greek heroes cyborgs from the Iliad if that's your thing.

>>51059370
>Are they overpowered?
As a whole I wouldn't say so, they have many strengts but also some definite weaknesses, and they pay up to the nose for their special abilities. In particular though the Posthumans are deemed by many a tad too strong and cheap, so there's that. Also the Steel Phalanx can be perceived as OP at first but they're kind of a noobstomp army that requires some specific counters.
All in all I'd say the faction (and the game) is pretty balanced.
>>
>>51059383
Old Hsien's are garbage, new one's are really nice. The Hacker Hac Tao is also fucking awesome.

>>51059575
I don't get why people love it. I mean, it's not a bad mini but it doesn't really do anything for me.
>>
>>51059575
Is she planting a bomb? Makes her look like a Counter-Strike character.
>>
>>51059659
>Old Hsien's are garbage, new one's are really nice.
Gen2 forever. I recently got Red Veil and now I have to buy the old HMG while the LGS still has it.

>>51059676
Planting a hacking repeater. more like. Also that model's a pure pleasure to paint, none of that overdetailed shit that's on way too many models nowadays.
>>
>>51059676
She's retrieving one of those Ghostbuster traps containing the tormented souls of the Trauma Doc's thousand victims
>>
>>51059575
Is there a way to use her in a aleph army somehow?
>>
>>51059748
Nope. We have our own qts tho.
>>
File: 1362734835728.jpg (19KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
1362734835728.jpg
19KB, 398x398px
>>51058066
Red Veil Haqq starter and a dual pack of CA pilots and the Guijia pilot.
Wow its fucking nothing...
>>
>>51059828
I only recognise the myrmidon officer. Are there other ones garudas and proxies ? to be honest I do not know much about aleph outside of the sub section stuff.
>>
File: 130768612.jpg (162KB, 1600x670px) Image search: [Google]
130768612.jpg
162KB, 1600x670px
>>51059748
No. You could use the "love child" of ALEPH and the Hassassins though.
>>
>>51059933
>I can't survive without my monthly dose of metal crack purchase to satisfy Mammon
kys then, and make the world better. Or paint the shit you already have.
>>
>>51059967
Left to right:
Posthuman mk1 Medic
Myrmidon officer BSG
Dasyu hacker
Asura MULTI rifle
Chandra spec-ops
Naga sniper
Sophotect
Deva

https://catalog.infinitythegame.com/aleph/
>>
>>51059967
That's because ASS aka Steel Phallus is for Greeks being gay, as the name suggests. Vedic is the designated waifu section.
>>
File: wishthiswasyou.jpg (102KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
wishthiswasyou.jpg
102KB, 400x576px
>>51058761
>Contrary to what it might seem, this makes them incredibly easy to paint with glazes/thinned paint/washes, essentially making the miniatures paint themselves.
>>
>>51059748
Paint her skin metallic, stick the crap off the Sophotecht base around her or an antenna in the brain and call it a posthuman? It's not super convertible really.
>>
What should my next few buys be to build off of USAriadna army pack?
>>
>>51060030 . Didn't knew they had a online catalog. Thanks for the link.

>>51060053
But the greeks were gay with young boys and all the subsection dudes are grown man. Sex between to male adults in greece was viewed as repulsive, and in most city states illegal.
>>
>>51060282
What looks cool to you?
>>
>>51060282
Well you want a linkteam to do heavy lifting so either the Grunts or Marauders box to flesh out what you get in the starter.
>>
>>51060236
one time I let a couple of minis too close to some washes on my desk, in the middle of the night I woke up to piss and when I turned the light on I found them painting themselves. Fucking spanish pewter sorcery, I swear.
>>
>>51058066
>monthly releases will be released in the corresponding month
Isn't that how it's always been? I literally never remembered a time that an "x month" release didn't come out in x+1 or more month
>>
>>51057846
>>51058444
Where are you guys finding this other information from.
>>
>>51061202
The physical rulebook comes with a fluff book, and a bunch of info can also be found from the rpg stuff(which hasn't actually been released yet).
>>
>>51060302
Shhhhh... The meme is more fun than NAMBLA. Also, Assault Section does ass fuck grown aliens
>>
>>51061863
>Assault Section does ass fuck grown aliens
Myrmidon/Daturazi bara lewds when
>>
>>51059933
Also Order Sgts box and Miranda Ashcroft. I'm looking forward to that qt Guijia pilot.

>>51060951
Releases have always been released the following month. So January releases would come out mid-late Feb. Now it's just Feb releases in Feb. Nothing's changed really; just the name of the release month.
>>
>>51059933
Given that I've got $650 of Mantic arriving at my door on Monday, I'm kinda thankful. I got a whole lotta plastic crack to deal with. Also, the glory of being a Kazak player, I honestly have nothing that I need from CB anymore. I could take a Shotgun Scout, or maybe a Flamethrower Vet in the same old style, but that's literally it.
>>
>>51060458
Grunt Fireteams are just so disgusting satisfying. There's a guy at our store that takes two Muls, a bike, and then just explodes into an orgy of grunts. Gotta be one of my favorite Garrison troops.

Give 'em a good vantage point for some cover, and those bastards stick. One of the few times I've actually see our ALEPH player rage was when Achilles got domed off by a random ARO from a Grunt with a Rifle.
>>
>>51063232
Grunts do offer one of my favorite cheese lists that I've never seen and never want to see run, but love the very idea of it.

>12 Inferior Infiltration Heavy Flamethrower Grunts
>186 points in something real

Obviously probably half of those bastards will fail, but then you're left with probably 5-8 Heavy flamethrowers just derping about in Cover, daring your opponent to enter your magical realm.
>>
>>51063350
>daring your opponent to enter your magical realm.
Except the entering stuff would probably have smoke nades, chains, and cost 5pts.
>>
>Those giant studs coming off of the grunt's elbows
Couldn't they have them pop from the connection to the body? This shit is going to look fucking awful when done.
>>
File: Squalo NCA.png (253KB, 739x440px) Image search: [Google]
Squalo NCA.png
253KB, 739x440px
so I finaly got a Squalo and want to take is out for a few games? any tips on how to use the Squalo properly? how about this list for a test?
>>
>>51064152
Resist the urge to go deep. Over extension leads to easy hacking and other neutralization methods. Save an order for suppression fire. Try to stick to cover, but no so much so that you leave your opponent free reign to neutralize you.

Daboarder has a good thread on the forums.
>>
Quick question; if I have a Ninja in hidden deployment and my opponent makes a unit walk through it, could I call a surprise "shot" CC ARO since at some point in his movement, he was technically in base to base with Ninja?
>>
>>51064778
you cannot surprise shot in aro. Neither surprise attack. But you could engage in aro.
>>
>>51064817
Damn. I guess that'll still be okay, I mean CC with a Ninja without a dedicated CC unit is usually an easy win for the Ninja anyway.
>>
File: 20161211_201633.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161211_201633.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>51060236
Take a guess how much time it took me to paint up this 300pts force. After a zenith black/white primer, it's just glazes with one final highlight. These miniatures are incredibly easy to paint if you thin your paints, but I figure it'd be hell in a handbasket if you even dare to try to do the GW style of basecoat/drybrush/wash/highlight painting - the end results will always be terrible.
>>
>>51059018
L-lewd!
>>
>>51064941
>Glaze
Do you just mix paint with glaze medium? Or do you mean just thinning a regular paint a lot? Solid work by the way, I will have to try that myself.
>>
>>51064778
Both Surprise Shot and Surprise Attack require you to be the Active player, as these require a bit more control than the reactionary shot that an ARO is. As mentioned already, though, you can Engage.

However, remember how hellishy swingy CC can be. If it's just a TacBow Ninja, though, I'd definitely recommend it. Luckily, my only real melee units are Dogs which are suicidal meat-torpedoes anyways, but I hear and have seen the horror stories that come from Oniwaban getting beaten to death by garrison troops.

If the joker that moved past your ninja was trash that was moving into position to cover a more valuable unit that would be following in its way, weigh the value of waiting to jump that target instead. Though this is coming from pure theory, as I've never used TO or Hidden Deployment.

>>51064941
Christ alive, son, that looks amazing. And it explains part of why doing shit the GW way has never really given me satisfactory results. Care to go into more detail in regards to your process?
>>
>>51065009
Yep, just mix paint with glaze medium and a little bit of water. Lately I simply make do with a black/white zenith primer, then do some highlighting on the model right away with very light greys/white, then just glaze the main colours over, creating an illusion of a smooth blend all the way through. It is incredibly easy and efficient. The models in that pic were done in 8 hours. The morats here >>51058761 took about the same amount each (and probably more) with the more traditional approach to blending.
>>
>>51065075
Zenith priming as in priming again from a different angle? That sounds good, thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>51065192
Yep, prime the mini black all over, then prime it white from a top angle where the light source would be.
>>
>>51065300
Airbrush required, or reckon either a good eye and a brush or a particularly good can of spray primer would work?
>>
>>51065373
Not him, but, spray cans work well, an airbrush will give you more control over where the highlights are going but for a simple zenithal, theres nothing wrong with a spray can
>>
>>51065373
Just about to ask the same question. When brushing on primer, is it just straight out of the bottle? Take vallejo surface primer for example, squeeze some out and go at it like a weird dry brush technique/painting like youre 5 again?
>>
>>51065373
>>51065443
A brush wont really get the effect you need since if you have the ability to brush smooth transitions you might as well do it with the actual colours, since they WILL look better if you do it that way.
>>
>>51065417
Awesome, I'll have to give that a try sometime. Guessing this works a lot more with the recent CAD minis rather than the older stuff? The glaze shit, I mean. You're mostly using the definition from the model itself along with its lines to help draw out the model's potential, right? Seems like on something a little flatter like their old sculpts it wouldn't pop as much as these.
>>
>>51065373
Airbrush works better, but you can do a simple zenith effect with rattlecans as well. It won't be as precise, but it'll do the job okay. You'll be touching up the areas you want highlighted with a lighter gray anyway, just that from a rattlecan you'll probably be doing more brushwork. I personally recommend Vallejo Pale Grey Blue for it, but the GW Ulthuan Grey should be about the same.

>>51065542
It's a universal technique, if you also add some manual light gray highlights with brush before the glazes. The CAD models are much easier to work with, though - their details are razor sharp and the overall design of the mini is simply more crisp than the older traditional sculpts, but even those are alright.
>>
>>51065832

Different anon here. So if I'm reading your technique right, during priming/undercoating, the model is going to be pretty bright before any brush work is done, correct? With the initial black primer only really showing in recessed areas?
>>
>>51065832
So prime it black, white zenithal spray from the angle you want, light grey on the surfaces bordering the black and white and basically just blending shading, and then the glazes with are paint, a little water, and glaze medium?
>>
File: 20170107_063901.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_063901.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>51065938
Yes, mostly so. The first two Zhanshi are simply done with black/white primer, aside from softening the contrast on their faces with some gray. The Yuan Yuan has had highlights applied all over the model already, with the brighter parts fully gray.

>>51066081
Yes, precisely. The exact amounts of paint to glaze medium and water ratio depends on the paint and the effect you want. As with all techniques, you got to try it out, experiment with it a bit and really make it your own - maybe you like it, maybe you don't.
>>
>>51066226
Thanks, mate. I've got $650 worth of Warpath coming soon, so I can definitely give it a shot on them. Besides, this seems like a much faster method of handling massed infantry in a table quality fashion rather than the way I learned from my years playing GeeDubs models.
>>
>>51064941
>thin your paints
Everyone says this. All I get is soup that goes everywhere the moment it touches a model. I'd like to know more about your technique but the models painting themselves is bullshit.
>>
>>51067079
I find that taking a number 3 brush, fully coating it in your paint, and rubbing it in a little bit of water (enough to fill a plastic pipette to about halfway between the start of the conical region and the 0.5 mL mark) until the paint comes off to work quite well. You want it to flow, but not be as thin as water, otherwise it won't stick to the ridges.
>>
>>51067117
>>51067079
Oh, and once you get a thin coat on, even if you can still see the undercoat through it, it'll be much easier to apply following coats to intensify the colour.
>>
>>51067079
Play with the consistency. The rules are simple but it takes a lot of experimenting. Also, get some glaze medium. Adding even a drop to the paint will thin it but not in a way that the paint'll run everywhere like a wash.

Seriously, you can get awesome effects by just varying wash/glaze thickness and surface tension. I rely on this a lot and I still have a lot to go (a local painter does this with just water and blends at the same time, I've seen this happen in person and it still sounds like bullshit).
>>
>>51067284
BTW, for me the right consistency is "catch the moment when the paint starts running into details by itself and next time stop right before that". I've never been able to do the "skimmed milk" rule.
>>
>>51067284
Do you just go ahead and add some straight to the pot, or exclusively use it as part of a mix on your palette along with the water?
>>
>>51067339
I mix paints only on a palette. Gives you more control and your paints last far longer. I suggest making a wet palette, it's super easy and makes painting all that much more easier.
>>
What is ariadna's stance on aleph? Do they integrate it into their systems or tell it to fuck off like every other political power?
>>
>>51067710
They're not massive fans since Aleph is associated with PanO and YJ, both of whom they hate. I don't think they could integrate it into their systems even if they wanted to, Ariadna is primitive as fuck.
>>
>>51067710
Hated to varying degrees by pretty much everyone. Of course there is the connection to the two fuckers that invaded their planet and Ariadna's general distrust of outsiders, but then even Rodina -- who one might assume would be more hesitant integrated due to their control of Ariadna's sole spaceport -- hate the fuck out of them due to the possibility of ALEPH looking to supplant or otherwise fuck with their position as top dog of the Ariadna member-states. You threaten a Kazak's control, and that Kazak is not going to be your friend.

I highly, highly doubt even the Kazak sectorial will get any ALEPH units, probably being the only non-Nomads faction which won't have any ALEPH options in a sectorial. I honestly don't know enough about Haqq to say whether or not the Caliphate will.
>>
File: 20170107_092218.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_092218.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
The Zhanshi done. Probably an hour's worth of work on all three, intermixed with experimenting on other models and shitposting. I am only blogposting this to show how quick, simple and easy it is to paint with glazes, and what it looks like even with a pretty limited grayscale palette. If you're rocking a solid complimentary mix of colours, it'll look even better. Contrast is key.
>>
>>51068009
What'd you use on the bases? Just dark brown paint?
>>
>>51064941
>the end results will always be terrible.
No, It will just take a long time.
>>
>>51068009
WIsh I could see someone actually do this on video, killionaire on the forums gets awesome results by glazing as well.
>>
>>51068004
Haqq isn't openly hostile to Aleph like Nomads are, but there's still a lot of mistrust. I doubt they'll have Aleph units in sectorial, that seems reserved for heavily integrated factions like PanO and Yu Jing, as well as O-12 if it ever comes out.

CA and Tohaa also don't get Aleph units and probably never will. So it's really only 2 factions that get them, 3 if you count Aleph itself.
>>
>>51068101
I wonder if we'll ever see a minor corporation faction.
>>
>>51068101
Should have been more clearer, I suppose, but I meant non-Nomads human factions. Obviously CA and Tohaa won't get ALEPH units, but ALEPH is present in 3 of the 5 Human Sphere factions that aren't their enemy faction. I was pretty sure I remember our Haqq guy talking about the Caliphate at least showing a measured relationship with ALEPH, neither as subservient as Pan-O and YJ's kowtowing or as openly distrustful and semi-antagonistic as Ariadna.

I know Wallace was a wash because he bumped his head and forgot he was supposed to be an ALEPH insurgent; how's Saladin's integration into Haqq and his view on his creator's?

>>51068155
O-12 is probably a pipe dream, given the speed at which we get updates in between siestas, but it would be nice. I'd really love to hear some more about the minor nations. From Earth to Mars, the Jovian Colonies to the Venusian Aerostats. Also, the Esperanto Underworld.

I'd laff my way to the bank if the official O-12 list ended up being unable to use any weapons banned by the Concilium.
>>
>>51063123
Same actually. Waiting for the new Tuareg to show up.
I should find time to paint some terrain since I'm the only one who wants to paint said terrain for the club.
>>
>>51068225
Speaking of the Sol system, I just noticed that the RPG preview calls the star Shanxing instead of Sol. Hopefully they fix that for the full core.
>>
>>51068225
>implying Wallace isn't still secretly a sleeper agent for Aleph

And Saladin is still with Aleph but iirc he and Sun Tzu might be plotting against it based on a recent fluff piece.
>>
>>51058066
Wait, what? Does it mean that I have to wait for Unknown Ranger to be released in FUCKING FEBRUARY?
>>
>>51068035
Vallejo Dark Brown wash. I've put some Vallejo Oxid paste beforehand on it, but you can put on pretty much anything for texture - baking soda, sand, even coffee mixed with PVA and a little water.
>>
>>51067652
>I suggest making a wet palette
This is the big thing right here. Built one with an airtight tupperware and some random material around the house, couldn't believe how much it improved paint control and thinning immediately. The best thing is, it keeps the paints moist forever (once happened I couldn't paint for a month and kept the palette's lid closed, when I opened it again the paints were still 50% useable, I was amazed).
Now I can't imagine not using one.

>>51068097
You're assuming you're not speaking to the man himself there. I know for a fact that he frequents this board, have talked to him before.
>>
File: What am I doing..jpg (99KB, 692x560px) Image search: [Google]
What am I doing..jpg
99KB, 692x560px
Thoughts on this? My first attempt at a 300 point list for ITS, since I've only been playing 150 point games from the army pack.

And if anyone has any ideas on how I could get to 300 points with fewer purchases, i would also be happy to hear it.
>>
looking at possibly jumping into infinity in a few weeks and was wondering how the nomads play and if they'd be a good faction for a beginner.
>>
>>51070224
Nomads are all-rounders with a special emphasis in hacking. They should be fine for a beginner.
>>
>>51070224
They're fine for a beginner. In my experience Nomads are the most popular starting faction. They have access to most tools and are especially adept at board control and hacking, though the latter is a quite complex mechanic that you might wish to go without for the first few games.
>>
>>51070224
>>51070502
When I started, I bought into Corregidor and gradually eased into the rest of Nomads after I learned the game. Maybe it's just me but they were pretty easy to start with.
>>
>>51070502
like 80% of all players have a nomad army here. Ariadna is popular, but not even close. It is like marines vs tau/eldar ratio of players.
>>
let's say I have a unit on top of a 3-inches high scenic element. Can I use the failed Gut roll movement to walk off the ledge? It would make me fall an additional 3 inches on top of the 2 already moved but I instantly gain total cover (my reasoning is that the fall is an automatic movement that doesn't count, but I may be wrong)
>>
>>51070815
Pretty sure it would work just like falling damage from a jump. So any excess movement, in this case 3", would cause falling damage. You'd have to weigh whether getting into total cover is worth that damage roll.
>>
File: 1411817342566.jpg (104KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
1411817342566.jpg
104KB, 426x600px
>>51068061
>drybrushing Infinity miniatures
>ever
>>
>>51071101
>drybrushing
Didn't even read that part actually. I meant base, wash, highlight. Very few GW minis are actually drybrushed outside of big stuff like tanks.
>>
>>51067339
Never. The only time I add anything to the pot (I've 99% switched to dropper bottles btw) is when the paint starts to dry out. Otherwise everything's getting mixed on a palette.
>>
>>51071101
Drybrushing is a scrub-trap and there's a lot of shitty painters using it, but it's got its purposes.
>>
>>51070028
Any reason why the Minuteman is not a sniper Marauder? Using Command Tokens you could switch fireteams.
>>
>>51070028
You dont really need both Traktor Muls. Also I highly recommend fitting in a Grunt HMg and another Grunt Sniper or 2 into the fireteam. Grunt Snipers in a fireteams are great ARO troopers, and I think they're the only ones who can put Marksmanship LX to actual use.
>>
>>51070224
They are generally a faction that likes to play dirty. They have a wide array of tricks and affordable toolbox models which allow them to board control and bypass rough spots. Which is good because generally they don't have the raw stats or numbers to brute force their way out. Their troops are generally just badass enough to pants someone they get the drop on, but cannot take a punch. Great in objectives, but outright murdering things is not their wheelhouse.

They are not bad for beginners, it's just learning to balance their fragility and lack of a truly elite rambo style unit means you don't go in guns blazing.
>>
>>51070224
Crazy Koalas. Crazy Koalas everywhere.
>>
>>51073814
If you make the right picks though, you could make a very point and click Nomad force.

-Intruder
-Moira
-Grrl
-Gecko
-Lunokhod

Grab infiltrators/tomcats for objectives, lieutenant order monkeys and fill any spare points with Morlocks.
>>
>>51070028
As much as it hurts to say, you probably need to bring a Merc hacker. Especially bringing both Traktor Muls, you are going to want to be able to defend at least somewhat against people hacking your guided shots.
>>
>>51069224
You're right, but I mispoke. He apparently uses washes with 50% thinner medium, 25% glaze medium according to his tutorials. My point still stands, I want to see a video of his painting process.
>>
>>51068225
>o-12 is the regular guns, stuns and smoke faction because everything else is banned.
Kay. It would still be better than PanO in terms of equipment distribution.
>>
>>51071101

Drybrushing is still useful in specific circumstances. I use it to paint my bases, and on rough surfaces, like hair.
>>
>>51075425
See, this would actually be awesome. Don't even bother making them competitive. Just make them a novelty/ fluff army and offer a couple of their units to appropriate sectorials.

Dual flash pulse ARO units. CC tarpitting expert armed with dual stun weapons. Strategos lvl 3 on the cheap.
>>
>>51076298

Cheap flash pulse guys that are not just Warcors would be pretty awesome, honestly. Great anti-rambo units.
>>
>>51076298
Stun Rifles. Stun Rifles everywhere.

That would potentially be the most hilarious army to play as and again.
>>
How close are the O-12's links to ALEPH?
>>
>>51076380
O-12 was created for supervising ALEPH in the first place.
>>
>>51076354
>almost entire army armed with Stun Rifles, Flash Pulses, ADHLs and hacking devices
>only a few Concillium approved guns like HMGs and Combi Rifles around
>basic infantry is WarCors
>>
>>51076590
There's no way that WarCors would be the basic infantry. That's a journalist, not a soldier. I do, however, suspect that they would be an attache for their basic infantry's Core linkteam. Probably with a named WarCor as a Specialist special character.

4 totally-not-UN-Peacekeepers with a tag-along WarCor seems pretty fitting.
>>
>>51076666
>Probably with a named WarCor as a Specialist special character
Are you implying GoGo Marlene general release?
>>
>>51076354
Hey, why not Stun Heavy Grenade Launchers?
>>
A Dire Boar with lockpick is currently terrorizing a scientific outpost in this universe. You must send a single 8-12 point troop to deal with the situation. Whom do you send and with what equipment?
>>
>>51077229
Chain Rifle Irmandinho or Kuang Shi. There's no other answer.
>>
>>51077229
A toss between a Jaguar and a Morlock... Probably the Jaguar, as there's less risk of it trying to fuck the boar instead. Chain Rifle and Smoke grenades, although if there was 1 point more allowed, I'd think about the ADHL.
>>
File: Crossed_Dolphin1.jpg (272KB, 1000x794px) Image search: [Google]
Crossed_Dolphin1.jpg
272KB, 1000x794px
>>51077576
>Jaguar, as there's less risk of it trying to fuck the boar instead
pic related is the first thing that came to mind when you said Morloc
>>
>>51068009
How did you do this? Is the entire base coat done with successive glazes? Do you still do washing and highlighting, because I see some shading on the models?
>>
>>51079735
This.

Also, can someone tell me what Vallejo 'Medium glaze' is? Was that releases in recent years?

How exactly does one use it, and is it mandatory for achieving those sick glazes?
>>
>>51081227
Nah, it's been around for years. It's called 70.596 Glaze Medium / Medium Veladuras. If you have a large Vallejo paint rack in your LGS it should be next to varnishes and the like.

It fucks with surface tension, so you can thin the paint even to the point of semi-transparency, while avoiding the "run into every recessed detail" thing washes do. Is it mandatory? Not at all. Does it make smoother shading way easier? Fuck yeah.
>>
>>51079735
I believe that's the same anon from a little earlier in the thread, in which case I believe his painting process is as follows:

Step 1: Zenith prime your models.
Step 2: use glazes to paint your models in the colors you want

The highlighting comes from the priming step. Zenithal priming leaves the model with a greyscale highlighting gradient. Glazing puts a translucent layer of paint that's affected by the priming, effectively highlighting the model for you.
>>
>>51076827
S3 BS15 remote with Stun Heavy Grenade Launcher.
>>
File: Steel Phalanx list.jpg (75KB, 694x395px) Image search: [Google]
Steel Phalanx list.jpg
75KB, 694x395px
My first attempt at a 300 point list for an ITS tournament my club is running next week. I've never played anything above 200. I already own the stuff form the starter box and the achilles. How does it look?
>>
Im thinking of doing a conversion for monkey man Brando by swapping his head with the vortex one, going for a Grey Fox kind of look. I am just not sure what to replace his tail with. Ideas?
>>
Question about hacking.

Today my buddy and I were playing, I had a Ninja hacker behind a wall, out of LOF of an objective but within 8". During the game, my buddy would try to go push the button on the console.

Since it was within my ZOC, I could declare an ARO. I would use the Isolate hack on his hackable troops.

1. Did we do this right? It appears hacking does not require LOS, is your ZOC and can be used as an ARO. He got a Reset 2nd short skill to beat but my WIP pretty much ended those fights.

2. Once you are isolated--unless you have an engineer--it appears that's it eh? I didn't see any other way to clear that isolation!

3. Another attack I used was the hack that does IMM-1 for TWO player turns. So he can't attack with that, other than to Discover--even with an ARO right?

If so, hacking seems extremely strong if you can position out of LOF! Thanks!
>>
>>51085512
Yup, and with shit like Pitchers and Repeaters, a hacker can have a hilariously large area to hack from. And yeah, Isolation is a son of a bitch, moreso than Immobilized.
>>
>>51084078
Looks functional. A little weird having so many of those myrmidons with non chain rifles, but it is what you got.

Be wary that you have don't have a lot of padding. A well placed template can wreck your specialists. All your guns save the missile launcher are mid range weapons. You've got the smoke to deliver, but be wary of troops that can pick you off from range.

Later on you should probably look into picking up some Dactyls, Machaon, and Phoenix, but for now you should probably get to know your current army. And at the very least read up on the scenarios for the tournament.

>>51085512
1) Yeah, it looks like you got it right.
2) That is correct. Isolation is an evil status effect.
3) Your opponent can still declare Reset as well as Discover. Possibly Alert.

Yeah, that's hacking for your. It's limited by the following:
A) Can only affect hackable troops/equipment
B) Can only be done in hacking area
C) There is no +3 Range
D) Burst is generally lower than most weapons. 1-2 is common, 3 is pretty rare. Most of the really devastating ones are only burst 1
E) Hacking Devices have limited programs. The normal Hacking Device has a bit of everything, but generally has the weakest programs except for Gadget. HD+ is a super toolbox, but still lacks some of the better programs of the other devices. Assault Hackers are great at immobilizing your opponent, but can't kill hackers or support remotes. Killer is undisputed for killing hackers and cheap, but that's all it does. EVO is an odd assortment of support. DHD and White HD are strictly defensive in nature and generally the least useful.
>>
File: First Aleph List.png (167KB, 694x343px) Image search: [Google]
First Aleph List.png
167KB, 694x343px
>>51056263
Alright, how shit is this for a first time list?
>>
>>51085512
Isolation is the single most broken shit in the game.
>My 5 point unit kills you forever through the wall
>>
File: PanO REM spam.png (82KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
PanO REM spam.png
82KB, 1152x648px
Going to go back into my PanO and was wondering how good/fun this list is going to be?
>>
>>51087179
I've never found the shotgun Bulleteer to be worth it, Peacemakers work a lot better with shotguns as defensive midfield dudes. Or you could just replace it with a Machinist to fix the other remotes, you could really use one of those to patch up the spitfire Bulleteer and TR bot when they get shot up.
>>
>>51086042
What mission are you playing? Who are playing against ?
>>
>>51087269
I've found the BS Bulleteer to be a star player, then again I'm playing against people who never bring MSV2 or bunch up their link teams to much.
Machinist seems like a smart idea actually, I don't have the models though and use extra Fusiliers instead since I have those in spades.
Don't have access to the Peacemaker model as of yet so that option is sadly of the table.

I have 2 Nisses with MSR but I'm having a hard time fitting them both in while still having some good active turn hard hitting weapons.
>>
>>51084078
If you downgrade the Agema to the actually better Mk12 and one of the Myrmidons to chain rifle, you can buy the other spare Myrmidon a spitfire for some B5 goodness.
>>
>>51087510
>Mk12
>better than based ML
Uwot? Mk12 is nice for suppressive fire but it requires moving up the board and just can't compete with a missile when it comes to locking down a firelane.
>>
Looking to start a second army, how is that 300 points tohaa box?
>>
>>51087651
Shouldn't a myrmidon hacker be run outside of a link? Different noob asking question here.
>>
>>51087902
Nah, hacking used to fuck with links but it doesn't anymore.
>>
File: dXxG7_Nw[1].png (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dXxG7_Nw[1].png
42KB, 400x400px
So I'm going back from vacation and I keep thinking I see the Combined Army Symbol from this "Star Alliance" Logo.
>>
>>51087993
I laughed my ass off when I saw this in the airport.
>>
>>51087651
It's better. Counting the X-visor it's solid up to 32", which is plenty, and the burst advantage is colossal. Then you get to spend that extra SWC.
>>
>>51088016
I think you mean 24". A mk12 without suppressive fire or positive range bands isn't scaring anyone. Unless you're lucky enough to face someone with no long range weapons whatsoever then the thing can and likely will be outranged unless you move it forward and consequently cover a smaller area. The ML works as a potent ARO platform that doesn't need several orders to set up and is difficult to outrange.
>>
New player here, had a painting question. If I only partially build the model, specifically the body and head while leaving the arms/gun unattached to paint separately, while priming over the contact points between the two pieces mess with the glue? Never worked with metal before.
>>
>>51088368
Yes, don't put any paint on the glue surfaces. You'll just glue the paint to whatever, and that gives you fuck-all strength in the join.

You can paint around the contact points, though. That's what I did.
>>
>>51088368
the glue will bond the paint to the other paint rather than the metal pieces, so I recommend removing the paint from the contact points before glueing.
>>
>>51085921
>Isolation is an evil status effect.
Wow I always underestimated the effect but now that I read it carefully it's fucking brutal. I'm gonig to use my E/M grenades a lot more from now on.

>>51086042
The Marksmanship X Mk5 I'm not a fan, the forward observer version is both cheaper and a specialist. Shorter range but can do WIP15 Flash Pulse AROs and has the aforementioned E/M grenades.
BSG Garuda is brutal but needs very specific conditions to be used optimally, the combi version is less lethal at close range but has better burst, rangebands and can put on suppressive fire in very inconvenient positions for your opponent.
Consider maybe switching the Deva hacker for a Posthuman Mk1 hacker, you save 17 points that can be put into a Dakini Paramedic for a fast specialist that can benefit from supportware.
The rest seems mostly ok. If you manage to find the point give the Deva lt. a Devabot, they're always handy.
>>
>>51087780
Very good value, has everything you'll eventually want to purchase but at a lower price. Best way to start the faction.
>>
>>51088368
Stick a tiny bit of masking tape or tack over the contact points before spraying, it'll make things easier in the long run.
>>
>>51088368
>>51088630
You don't need to do masking or anything fancy. Once you're done painting just scratch both sides of the joint with your hobby knife for a bit and it will bond fine. You don't even need to get rid of all the paint, you just need to expose some metal on each side so the glue can get purchase.
>>
>>51088368
>>51088398
>>51088402
Correct, but you can also mask off the joints with blu-tack or something similar first. Also, pinning is your friend.
>>
>>51088914
>blu-tack
I've had bad experiences with blu-tack refusing to come off the mini.
>>
>>51088914
>Also, pinning is your friend.
For big stuff sure. But pinning standard troopers is generally a waste of time.
>>
>>51088939
If you're painting separate components, it's not as much. you can insert a paperclip, untrimmed, and use it to hold and maneuver the part while painting, then when it comes to attaching it the pin can be cut down to size.
>>
>>51087993
And it looked even more like that in the first edition.
>mfw I realize a ton of unit logos are recolored/rotated/flipped crests of Japanese prefectures
>>
>>51085512
Isolating the commander causes them to enter loss of lieutenant
>>
>>51089809
Yet another delightful boon from having a Veteran Lieutenant.
>>
>>51090135
Holy shit, you're right. I never realized it could be used that way.
>>
>>51085390
>Making a Bakunin character less of a degenerate

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>51085390
>I am just not sure what to replace his tail with. Ideas?
Prehensile penis.
>>
>>51090181
It's part of the hidden strength of the Vet Kazak Lt. Can't be hacked and can't be isolated. Can still be Immobilized-2'd, but if your local meta doesn't use a lot of E/Maulers and the like, you are pretty much golden.

>>51090228
Why does Bukakkenin have to be such a filthy, degenerate ship? I really do love the Observance, but it just feels weird to sign up for a Sectorial and only to ever touch Sin-Eaters, Reverends, and I guess maybe Prowlers and Zeros if I wanted to tip-toe out of the Observance but still not touch the pure degeneracy of the rest of the list.
>>
>>51090324
>touch Sin-Eaters, Reverends
>not touch the pure degeneracy
pick one, anon.
>>
>>51090324
>touching Reverends
Woah, what do you think you're doing, man-scum?
>>
>>51090324
In addition to the ones you named there are other non-degenerate units like Taskmaster, Lizard, the REMs and (some) Moderators. Enough to make an okay-ish list I guess.
>>
>>51090324
Mods, SWAST, Prowlers, Zeroes, Lizards and REMS are all non-degenerate.
>>
>>51090324
The Observance makes Riot Grrls look downright respectable. Only the warbands are more degenerate than the psychotic bitch cult.
>>
>>51085849
>>51085921
>>51086225
>>51089809

Thanks guys!

Well, my Ninja is 40 points so certainly expensive but damn that was really good. He was basically floating 2 orders after she got done isolating half his army. I dig it!
>>
File: howt2ismade.jpg (102KB, 700x565px) Image search: [Google]
howt2ismade.jpg
102KB, 700x565px
>>51090343
I love my crazy Gnostic Early Christian Mystery Cult. I don't like the kawaii desu desu catboi and arf arf inu boipucci.

>>51090377
Fucking those dykes to Orthodoxy, of course. Kazaks could use some battle nuns, or at least a chaplain. Those bullets aren't going to bless themselves.

>>51090399
>>51090457
Yeah, I figured REMs were a given. Prowlers and Zeros I guess I could slide with, but I thought that SWAST was not in the best of relationships with the Observance due to one being the degeneracy police and the other being a batshit crazy cult of religious nutjobs. Lizards might also work, but another thing with them and SWAST was it just felt like a pretty big disconnect from the S2 ODD/Mimetism to go for fuckheug power armor.

Fuck nah to the Moderators though. When the Bubblegum Princess and Captain Blueberry are the first two I see when looking at the models, that's gonna be a pass.

Still, I guess, Sin-Eaters, Reverends and REMs can make a decent enough core with possible loans from Prowlers and Zeros potentially filling some cracks. Reverend heavy lists feel like it'd be fairly similiar to running Steel Phalanx except without the NWI but with a nice little upgrade of the standard Total Reaction remote in the form of the Sin-Eater.
>>
>>51090554
SWAST are there to deal with all the nasty shit which comes out of the Praxis labs, I don't think they cross paths with the Observance that much.

Lollipops are degenerate now? Compared to the Moiras with their thonged arses hanging out?
>>
File: rev_moiras_2.png (1MB, 1200x814px) Image search: [Google]
rev_moiras_2.png
1MB, 1200x814px
>>51090642
Eh, it's really just the really ugly old Shock CCW + Multirifle sculpt that throws it all out there. The others at least have their capes covering their asses, with only delicious gap left exposed. And even that can just get painted over as bodysuit along the lines of pic related. And that one has a hilariously derpy face as well, roughly GeeDubs tier.
>>
>>51090554
The Observance doesn't fuck with the cops too much, I think. You're allowed to be a self-mutilating delusional psychopath as long as you do it in your own territory.

>>51090722
In that case you can paint the Moderators normal person colours too.
>>
>>51090840
Fair enough.
>>
>>51090554
>I love my crazy Gnostic Early Christian Mystery Cult
Well there's your problem right there
>>
>>51089809

If I'm Yu Jing, they isolate my Lt. and I have a Pheasant Rank--can he use chain of command?
>>
>>51091537
yes. Chain of Command takes over when Lt goes Null or Isolated.
>>
>>51091537
Yes, anything that would otherwise put you into LoL would allow you to use CoC.
>>
>>51091579
>anything that would otherwise put you into LoL would allow you to use CoC
Not always. CoC only kicks in if your LT goes null/isolated. A LT in hidden deployment will put you in LoL without CoC triggering.
>>
>>51091993
I mean, people don't actually use TO LT and place them in Hidden Deployment, do they?
>>
>>51092054
It may have been how I learned that weakness of CoC....

Otherwise, it would be a viable way to take Shinobu. Not much use for the Lt order if you want to keep them safe in JSA.
>>
>>51092162
With the amount of CoC that YuJing in general has, there's no real fear of hiding your Lt since you're honestly rewarded for using it like Rambo. Unless you are straight sweeping your eneny, I find it highly dishonorable if your original Lt is still alive at the end of the game.
>>
>>51092259
Yeah, I agree. Just a shame Shinobu isn't an option for it without reducing her potency.
>>
>>51092306
I mean, all you do is lose the benefit of the Lt order. But you also pay .5 SWC less for her. It's hardly the end for the model if you don't run her as your Lt. And even if you do insist on doing so, you can just deploy her as a Marker instead of in Hidden Deployment.

I really have no idea what your argument is. Especially since if you do deploy her in Hidden deployment, she's turning into a marker as soon as you do use that Lt order. So why throw yourself into LoL instead of just having her as a TO token, tossing one or two ninjas in there for the shell game.
>>
Is using the Lieutenant's order something that has to be declared? Or can you declare the 'spending of an order', flip the token in the pool, and leave it up to your opponent to pick up on the fact you flipped the LT token?
>>
>>51092633
It's open information and reveals your LT explicitly.
>>
>>51092644
I'm glad I take CoC/Cheap LTs/Strategos then :D
>>
>>51092665
Cowardly. Just do it the Kazak way. Except for one or two times that I was trying something else out, I've had the AP HMG Vet Kazak as my Lt for three years. Feel free to try to kill him, and you might even succeed. But he's going to take down plenty of the weaklings coming for him first. The SoB really makes use of that Lt order.
>>
File: 1365891016673.jpg (14KB, 180x181px) Image search: [Google]
1365891016673.jpg
14KB, 180x181px
>>51056263
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game
>Project isn't even at the printing stage
>over two years late
>you can still pledge
>mfw
>>
>>51092951
Ahaha, holy shit, I have never even really cared enough to look at it beyond memeing through the online CharGen. Never realized this shit was due in 2015. I mean, I know Kikestarters get delayed. Hell, Warpath is due on my doorstep Monday and that's several months late. The HabBlocks are getting delayed and will probably get here like six months late. But two fucking years? For something that you could just as easily play literally any cyberpunk RPG for.

What. The. Shit.
>>
>>51093045
Doesn't help the guys making the RPG barely look at the materials and get stuff sent back constantly after CB reviews it.
>>
>>51092951
The RPG is born dead. Or better, it would be if it ever get released.
The manga or an Infinity videogame (even a simple xcom mod) will do more for Corvus Belli's brand than that RPG could ever hope.

Even if I wanted to paly an Infinity RPG I'd rather use an already existing system, at this point this product is only useful for the lore (when it's not pants-on-the-head retarded, see Ariadna's supposed holographic monuments and flying cars)
>>
>>51092762
isn't it better to run a Scout Lt. So he is hidden and safe?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (113KB, 691x412px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
113KB, 691x412px
R8 my starter Aleph list please.
>>
>>51094120
For me, Scouts exist for two purposes. Boarding Shotgun murder machines that are confusingly killy for 25 points, and the FO loadout. I have experimented with hidden Lt, but I really don't care that much for it. If anything, I'd probably use the Tankhunter for extra armor and the ability to drop into Suppression somewhere relatively safe if/when it's eventually tossed out of Marker state.

But the AP HMG is just too attractive for me to ever consider turning down. You're getting a full point of SWC discounted from an AP HMG, in a list that due to the lack of Sectorial link teams heavily relies on Coordinate Order Suppression on the Reactive turn. And it's a hell of a model to get the Lt order and put it to damn good use.

Your mileage may vary, but especially if you aren't up against Visor spam -- in which case Kazaks are already wanting to kill themselves -- a BS 13 AP HMG with Mimetism in Cover with Suppression becomes a -9 to hit, 7 armor monster. And Unhackable, Sixth Sense L2, and NWI. The AP HMG Vet Kazak is basically half of the Kazak semi-TAG with the Dog-Warrior being the other half. It is the real hammer of the majority of my lists, and Stanislav has probably averages an equal number of kills per game as the rest of the army, exclusing maybe the BSG Scout or my Spetsnaz.
>>
File: kornak.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kornak.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>51092762
I am here Stalker, let us fight a glorious battle to the death.
>>
>>51094846
You may joke, but the Morat player at my club is arguably my favorite player to fight if only for the sheer viciousness of the battles that we get engaged in. Plus, I feel like the Morat are probably the closest that the Kazaks would have to a cherished and respected enemy. No cheap tricks, no gimmicks.

Just war.

10/10, would fight against and beside in dire straights.
>>
>>51094613
You don't need the Mk1 Doctor, you probably won't ever use the Doctor skill: only realistic target is the thorakites, all other units have NWI so there's no point in healing them while they're perfectly functional (with added the risk of killing them)

In the same vein I don't see the point of the Thorakites Engineer, your only REM is the Probot...who cares if it goes down lol. If you only want a specialist then the Forward Observer profile is better in every way, no point in using an engineer without REMs to patch up (and even then consider running the much better Mk1 engie instead)

The Dasyu is a bit costly to bring in a small list and I doubt there are so many Hackers in the 150pts meta to justify bringing the KHD. 2 units in Hidden deployment will be a hard hit to your order pool for the first turns, consider downgrading to a Naga.

The probot I don't particularly see a use for except as point filler, see if you can use those points better

Tl;dr: Back to the drafting board.
>>
>>51093128
They've also been seemingly focusing their efforts on other RPG's with bigger franchise/brand names.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (128KB, 690x443px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
128KB, 690x443px
>>51095035
Forgive me, because I am new to this game.
>>
>>51096631
You still need a hacker for those Devabots.
>>
>>51092762
>>51094120
I usually run a Scout LT, but I've been liking Voronin recently. I usually just deploy him inside a building (that he technically can't leave) and keep a single decent model in LoS of the door. I've yet to have any issues with that, as my opponent doesn't field any Hidden Deployment units.
>>
>>51097595
No you don't, devabots are g:synch, not remotes.
>>
>>51098238
Eh, I just dislike the secret Lt strategy. Not my style, though I understand cowar-- tactical minds might appreciate it. I may have to try Voronin sometime. I mostly haven't run him simply because I don't own him. Turtling him in a building somewhere seemed fair enough.

I wish we could see more units with Guard in Ariadna. Especially with how sloppy the Devil Dog's K-9 operates. It's a neat little mechanic, even if it's ultimately just another "totally not Martial Arts" ability. A real pity that only Voronin and Andromeda have it. Especially since Voronin entering into CC of his own accord is a laughable idea and Andromeda doesn't exist yet.
>>
Just played my first game. It was me, with Morats, against my brand new friend playing Ariadna. Brand new as in, he hasn't really read up the rules much. It was a learning match. I've been reading up and researching for a long time now. I was fucking annihilated. My first damning mistake was not noticing that moving my Oznat + Hungries through a spot gave his Vet Kazak an ARO which proceeded to kill her, and fuck my link team. I would've thrown a smoke had I known, and since I had declared double move, I couldn't do anything. My Pretas did manage two more kills but they were a big fighting force for me. My Daturazis were equally unlucky. One of them tossed a smoke on a dog warrior and moved in for CC; in human form, he was annihilated. Dog form? I wasted four fucking orders on him, with Martial Arts giving me +3 and him -3, and didn't even wound him. He killed my Daturazi. I had another move past them and engage one of his Line Kazaks after tossing smoke to conceal him and another enemy nearby. I had to waste two orders on him, then moved to the next one which subsequently basically ignored my next three CCs. The unit I was fighting? A FUCKING VOLUNTEER. Fuck me. Then another Line Kazak nearby shot him dead on his next active turn and his Dog Warrior moved in on my basically worthless Morat Vanguard link team and chain rifled to death them, and my Lt Kornak. Failed every single dodge because he was standing in smoke, and failed every single armor roll because fuck me, you know? I know I made some mistakes but I felt like shit the entire game basically. I never felt like I could salvage the match at any point. My Oznat team was meant to use smoke and CC + ARO chain rifles, while my Daturazi did the same. Kornak would take pot shots and my Morat Vanguards were ARO units. My Morat Vanguards never fired a shot. My Kornak barely did. It was a very frustrating match. I thought I had the upper hand but oh well, hopefully next time is better.
>>
>>51100884
Also should mention, to help him learn basic combat, the objective was to just eliminate the enemy. I think that may have been the biggest problem, this system doesn't seem right for direct combat such as this.
>>
>>51100884
Well, welcome to CC in Infinity. There is a reason I always recommend tossing CC units into fist-fights only with things more expensive than them, because that shit gets lethal and messy in ways that can completely invalidate an expensive unit.
>>
Hey guys noobie to infinity here. My favorite ariadnans ever going to get anything close to a tag? Like dudes in mech suits or exos or something?
>>
>>51101732
They've got super heavy infantry in the form of Blackjacks, but actual TAGs are unlikely.
>>
>>51101808

What is a blackjack? Can you share the model for it?
>>
>>51101842
The model isn't out yet, it's a new unit.
>>
>>51101682
Yeah, I mean I understand that shooting is the main focus but I at least wish they'd make CC a bit better. Maybe higher damage or something. I don't know. It just seems so ridiculous that my huge monkey that has been bred for killing with his giant axe is easily thwarted by a silly man in a kilt.
>>
>>51101732
>wanting a TAG
>loving Ariadna
These two are not compatible. Love werewolves and Russian super soldiers and Captain America, or love mechs.
>>
>>51101979
In fairness, that "silly man in a kilt" was born and raised on a planet that makes Australia look like a pillow fort, and who probably spent most of his life fighting space-werewolves with a shitty rifle. Motherfucker isn't gonna be afraid of a goddamn thing
>>
>>51102080

I just want a cool heavy mechsuit guy with say like... a chaingun.
>>
>>51102294
Blackjack then, Amerikanski.
>>
>>51102294
Youre in luck, that is exactly what the blackjack is! Its going to be a blockier Al Fasid whenever CB actually makes the model for the damn thing.
>>
>>51102409
>>51102429

Fucking sweet. You guys think it'll be released soon like this year?
>>
>>51102470
lol

Blackjack "confirmed" for 2018 at the earliest.

You may as well start playing another game instead of waiting to be honest.
>Acheron Falls 2016
>>
>>51102470
it'll be released Soon™ according to CB time, which means sometime between this year and the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>51102470
This year, maybe. Not soon though, last I heard they didn't even have a definite visual design for them.
>>
>>51102470
The RPG will be released first. Quote me on this.
>>
>>51102918
As long as the Kazak sectorial arrives before one of the two, I'll be content. Otherwise, CB are getting mailed bulk crates of snakes.
>>
File: img000006.png (23KB, 257x337px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.png
23KB, 257x337px
>>51104467
>mfw the Acheron Cascade campaign book for the RPG is released before Acheron Falls
>>
File: 1369752435554.gif (1MB, 224x178px) Image search: [Google]
1369752435554.gif
1MB, 224x178px
>>51104491
>Kazak sectorial was at one point supposed to drop in 2015
>Tohaa appears before us
>USAriadna appears before us
>RPG appears before us
>Varuna appears before us
>O-12 appears before us
>In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can survive, they may find CB's AI CEO promising Kazak sectorial rules late 2526
>>
>>51096631
There's nothing to forgive, everyone starts somewhere.

The list is an improvement over the first one. Take note that you can't link the thorakites in a fireteam if that was your intention.
See if you can add another big gun somewhere (you have 1,5 unspent SWC) consider a light rocket launcher to a Thorakites or even better upgrade a Deva to the spitfire/MSV2 profile.

Other than that it seems mostly functional, will work well for your first games.
>>
File: snipershot.jpg (35KB, 724x960px) Image search: [Google]
snipershot.jpg
35KB, 724x960px
A rather obvious one.
>>
>>51105792
Looks like new Miranda
>>
possible new player here, interested in going ariadna, was trying to decide whether or not to go vanilla or the french sectorial. Could anyone describe how the frenchies play, and how much do you think it would cost to get a decent force going. I have 200 for stuff at the moment, was wondering if I could get an starting 300 points with that.
>>
http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SGSS01

Im thinking of purchasing this terrain to make my infinity table. Has anyone played with corridors? I will be getting some terrain for inside as well as outside.
>>
>>51106617
I use their towers set, because it was at my FLGS. It is pretty great. I'd get the starter set too, but the shop owner said he wouldn't be ordering from them anymore.
Shop tables use the starter set though, I think it's pretty good. You can assemble it all without a drop of glue.
>>
>>51106757
and how does it look pre painted ?
>>
>>51106617
>>51106757
Isn't it better to buy superior polish or Russian products. Much better then anything some gay greek can produce.
>>
I need a good shooty list for Morats, at 200 points. I was thinking Vanguard Core with a Kornak and I don't know what else. I think I can afford a Soggy Rat with that too and then like 2 Rasyats. Would that be decent against my Ariadna friend? My CC focused list got destroyed by him.
>>
>>51100884
Just because your dudes are red, doesn't mean they can stand up to the real Red Army. Superior Ariadna, dominating every factions, save maybe nomads.
>>
>>51106906
I'll correct you there

"Gay British" is what you meant
>>
>>51106875
I have it unpainted.

>>51106906
I actually did a small comparison between this and some Zen Terrain stuff.
http://smaggminis.tumblr.com/post/154203798002/a-post-about-terrain

In short, Zen needs a ton of glue, so most of the stuff I got from them I will need to paint before I assemble it. Spartan on the other hand is super modular and I've been using it all the time.
>>
>>51106929
>Would that be decent against my Ariadna friend?
Smoke + Yaogats. Ariadna has no MSV2. He will never see what hit him.
>>
>>51104600
I know that feel, comrade. I've resigned myself to playing limited vanilla, to ensure my opponents know who I'm representing I also speak in accent all of time.
>>
>>51106957
Alright, what should I use to get that smoke? Doesn't look like I can field my Oznat + Hungries for smoke and orders, so should I just go with Daturazis?
>>
>>51107000
As in, going five man link team with Yaogats.
>>
>>51106929
Don't make CC focused lists, especially when you're just starting out. Melee is some niche shit, even Daturazi are often better off using their chain rifles. The Yaogat shenanigans the other anon recommended is a good idea.

Hungries link with Yaogat haris could work, as could a Yaogat link with Daturazi on the side.
>>
In Armory, how do you hold the room if the enemy have mine layers?
He is laying them so that he stays out of LOS with the layer, then moves up with a different model shooting at me, forcing me to either dodge or take the mine to the face.
Is there a better way to secure the room other then just hope he misses?
If I put more people watching the door, I get fucked by the mine, if I put less then he can try FtF be one by one
>>
>>51106929
Remember always that melee is for plebs, and this is doubly the case in Infinity.
>>
>>51107046
GwBgTAPmIhVgUgKxIJwIIyoBzAQQgBZlCMExUkBmA4pUzVQkWksrB/M67RsYronrowSYOi50k7VAHY8k5NMbyCGKTNWKUmvAAEDQA===
How's this?
>>
anyone know of any decent alternatives for line kazaks? It might just be the studio paint job but I find they look quite trash, especially compared to designs like the spetsnaz.
>>
>>51107206
They are some of the oldest of not the oldest sculpts still in circulation

The Ariadna starter is way past due for a resculpt, I would just wait it out
>>
>>51107206
Grunts. They've got new sculpts and they fill the same role as Line Kazaks.
>>
>>51100884
You see, young morat, you do not engage a Dog Warrior in close combat. You shoot it with HMGs or Spitfires, since it is immune to pretty much everything else and thus, the best way to deal with them is a hail of regular bullets. Another fantastic solution against Dog Warriors are the humble Ikadrons and any Forward Observers you can muster - Flash Pulse is a powerful ARO to use against the Dog Warriors, for they are Exotic and provide a stun on the target. This means, that the stunned Dog Warrior is stopped in their tracks and can no longer declare any attacks (no smoke grenades, no chain rifles, not even pressing a button on an objective!) and have a -3 penalty to all rolls except armor and BTS until the end of the turn.

You always use smoke. Ariadna can do nothing against smoke except for that Veteran Kazak thanks to his Sixth Sense L2 that allows him to ARO normally through smoke. Next time try a Yaogat Haris that follows up the Oznat team and shoots key figures in the human army through smoke. There will be nothing the human can do.

Hungries with no master are not a problem - they can still do considerable damage next turn thanks to their high PH that allows to dodge the human attacks, their extreme impetiousness and their fast movement with Climbing Plus. In the case of Pretas (they were Pretas, right?) they are also Dogged and have Chain rifles, which makes them excellent suicide troops. An Oznat's death merely means the unleashing of these monstrosities to the enemy, and since they become Irregular, they are already dead to you and thus you have no mercy at charging them into the enemy lines.

Then, while having a Vanguard team sounds good, I would advise on not relying on them if you have a Oznat team. There's already enough orders on the table, and the Vanguard team will only come to play when the Oznat dies as there cannot be two Core teams present at one time.
>>
>>51107992
>>51107992
Yeah engaging the Dog Warrior was admittedly a big mistake. I was overconfident with my Martial Arts and I should've honestly used Berserk as it was already a losing battle and my Daturazis fate was sealed. Also, the Oznat team was in a second combat group and were indeed Pretas. They were my suicide attackers; they succeeded at suiciding but unfortunately only caused two casualties. Dogged helped me take out his sniper. The Vanguards were useless, yes. I should've dropped them completely and had my Oznat team in my main group. The Vanguards served only to die to the Dog Warriors crazy chain rifle smoke shots. At least losing was a learning experience. I appreciate the help, I plan on fielding some Yaogats next time, and some FOs if points allow.
>>
>>51107992
Okay, here's my revised list:
GwBgTAPgzCIRYwFICsKCcSCM6AcwkBCLZFAFkzBWE2LNRS23QHYC6Gmc2it60urdn07MehfmSZh0KKEUmCpC1MpzLiqKLmZh6AAUNA==
Unfortunately my only source of smoke now is my Oznat, unless I want to swap the FO with a Daturazi... I'll need to focus on his Dog Warrior because that's the only chain rifle he has and therefore it is the biggest threat to my Oznat + Hungries. After that it'd be simply smoke and shot / smoke and CC with Pretas depending on the unit. I think this could work out well...
>>
>>51106198
$200 is enough to buy two 300 pt armies, or to basically purchase damn near most of a single sectorial so that you can run just about any and everything.

We've got one Merovingian player at our store, and they are a really fun sectorial. You specialize in a hilarious about of versaility in the way that you deploy, from Infiltrating, to Airborn Infil, to Parachutist, to Mechanized Deployment. You've also got a nice pair of Sapper units, one of the most annoying Camo units in the Ariadna list in the form of the Chassuer -- because 8 Infiltrated Camo tokens, four of which are people and four of which are mines really makes it fun to enter your side of the board.

Oh, you also get the only legitimate TAG in Ariadna, in the form of the Anacondra. And Loup Garou -- in addition to being a beautiful sculpt -- are hellish bastards. Viral rifles in Suppression with an X-Visor effectively means 24 inches of hell for your friend local Kazak player.

>>51107597
Grunts are MI, people might get fussy about that.

>>51107206
Bolt Action's Soviet Engineers is what I use. It's a nice little pewter sculpt, cheap as fuck, and works great.

>>51107992
I seriously hope Kazaks get at least one MSV1 when the Sectorial eventually drops. For fuck's sake, we run the only spaceport on Dawn. If anyone is getting their hands on relatively plentiful milspec tech like that, we ought to at least have a single Spetsnaz or AP Rifle Vet with it.
>>
>>51107992
Yeah, I've found through playing our local Cheese Master that Vanilla CA actually can be even more terrifying with its Hungries than the Morat themselves. The fucking things are AVA total. If you really want to deal with terror sometime, play against someone who is running two full Combat Groups of Pretas. It's like playing against a Tyranid army with a single squad of Marines. Templates will help you, but only so much.
>>
I'm thinking of painting Tiger Stripes on the vest of my Djanbazan Doctor. White and Black stripes or Orange-Brown and Black Stripes?

Most of my army is schemed with greys, dark green or brown for bags/straps, and touches of white with red markings or Orange Brown for armor some armor plates.

I want Tiger Stripes because I want him to sub for a Kaplan engineer some times or otherwise stand out as a doctor in a link.
>>
>>51108500
>Anaconda
I honestly don't know what to make of that thing. On the one hand it's cheap as chips for a TAG, on the other hand its statline is by and large garbage.
On the rest of your assessment of RRFM I agree overall, but I feel it should be mentioned that the sectorial is in a sorta weird place as it is a little out-dated, in particular in terms of its access to non-core link teams (Moblot Haris when?) and somewhat strange loadouts (e.g. singular Mimetism Moblot).
But, all in all, it *is* a lovely sectorial with some gorgeous sculpts and a bag of neat tricks.
>>
>>51109189
I wouldn't really worry too much about that given apparently the Mervongians are -- and I want to kill myself for saying this -- due out for an update before the Kazaks drop.

As far as individual units go, yeah, the Anaconda is impressively garbage, but I really think part of the key of it is the fact that you keep the Spitfire when you drop down to just the ejected pilot. It's effectively just a 6 ARM Spitfire platform that forces your opponent to react to it while the rest of your army does stuff with essentially 3 Structure except that final point is much easier to pop.

As far as the Mimetism Moblot, that's a hold-over from the original design of the Ariadna HI from back at the start of the game. Even as recent as the old 2nd Ed book I keep around for fun, Veteran Kazaks were the same way until their update in I -think- N3 made that Mimetism core to the unit. I would think that you -might- find something like that happening to the Moblot when the French get updated, but given the hilariously large list of options for the Moblot, they may remain as a sort of Swiss Army Knife unit that you customize specifically for the task at hand. And some sort of Haris is pretty much undeniable when they get the update.
>>
>>51108542
Warsaw?
>>
>>51109554
No, Huntsville.
>>
>>51108161
Yep, that looks solid. The Yaogat team might perhaps benefit from the second Spitfire to be swapped for a MSR, tidying up the points to round 200 and giving them some long range bite as well. Three DAM15 shots across the whole table are good even if the Dog Warrior ignores the DA part of them.

Since Oznat is your only smoke source, you'll simply use her link a bit more carefully - the Yaogat are the strike team in this list, so she'll simply act as a support, laying down those smoke templates where the Yaogat need em. I'd suggest swapping the shotty Oznat for the Combi LSL one - since her role here is smoke utility, it's better to maximize that aspect and allow her to lay down precision smoke templates in the 8-16" range, covering ever corners of rooftops that the Yaogat can then exploit with ease.

>>51108542
>two full combat groups of Pretas
The absolute madman. I doubt he's got 20 actual Hungries models, he's most likely proxying them. Still, a swarm of angry bugs is a very potent smokescreen for anything.
>>
>>51109727
Was using... I want to say Gaunts. I know he uses Genestealers for Gakis. But yeah, it was during an Escalation League. At 200 points. He'd done the same thing at 150, but it was only 19 Pretas and his Lt. But still, 38 orders on 6-6 Chain Rifles. at 150. All because "You can't play Morat before 250 points; it just isn't viable."
>>
Is there some sort of future recreational drug that is plaguing the streets of Infinity? Is there a name for some sort of Space Heroin or Space Krokodil?

I know it's established that smoking is still a thing in the future.
>>
>>51111254
>Krokodil
Honestly, I'd suspect Kazaks are still using that shit.
>>
>>51111254
They smoke space copняк.
>>
>>51111254
I dunno...deathsticks? I know that Joe Turner was addicted to combat drugs
>>
>>51111529
>>51111735
>Kazaks still making krokodil
>USAriadna still making meth
>Ariadna's actually the drug capital of the Human Sphere for the cheapest, shittiest drugs
>>
File: MAF PoC.jpg (71KB, 666x200px) Image search: [Google]
MAF PoC.jpg
71KB, 666x200px
>>51109825
>You can't play Morat before 250 points; it just isn't viable

Whilst his list sounds hilarious, dude's talking out his arse.
>>
>>51112026
>Haqqislam's viral weaponry is just shitty drugs they skim off the top of Ariana's caravan shipments
>>
>>51112432
Oh, I'm well aware. I'd theory-crafted Morats a fuckton since I was actually considering playing them until I found out that's what he actual ran. He swapped to MAF half-way through the Escalation League, which partially helped to inspire my ASA secondary. Which oif course, got new Sculpts maybe two months after that. But yeah, Morats are just as viable at small points as they are at high points.
>>
File: p2ELwAD[1].jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
p2ELwAD[1].jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Does anyone have a fuller picture with the two other panels?
>>
I wish I had a ton of money so I could buy all these cool minis all at once.
>>
CC damage should be much higher, 12 for a Ninja is a little wimpy I think.
>>
>>51115850
That's what MA is for.
>>
>>51115907
Yeah I suppose. 15 is respectable.
>>
So for my Impetuous order, does throwing smoke count? Or do I have to move and throw smoke?
>>
>>51115936
S15+DA is more than enough.
>>
>>51115850
The damage is fine. It's usually double action and hitting on martial arted CC 23.
>>
File: For ALEPH tears.jpg (1MB, 1540x857px) Image search: [Google]
For ALEPH tears.jpg
1MB, 1540x857px
#SWAG
>>
>>51116114
First skill of the impetuous order is always move. You can only Idle the second skill.
>>
>>51115850
Never found myself wishing for more damage on the close combat weapon. More burst on the tactical bow on the other hand ...

>>51116114
You must move it or lose it.
>>
Is red veil worth grabbing if you are already in the game?
>>
>>51116158
>>51116172
Got it, so how about if I have a fire team of Domarus and Haramakis, could I have my Haramaki be the leader and use his Impetuous order to move the team?
>>
>>51116151

Why would I even want a genetic abomination on a mug?
>>
>>51116264
Being part of a fire team ignores fury and impetuous orders. You can take cover and have no impetuous orders to burn through when you're part of a link.
>>
>>51116246
Also, is the pre-order exclusive figure worth paying an extra $10 for a box with it over one that doesn't have it?
>>
Are these decent lists? I can't come up with a competitive but fun list with the units I want for JSA, but I attempted it.
First with Ninjas: EwBgzAPqIQSglgZ3gOwOYAIDKBXFUQBSYARgE5CB2MAFkIEJg7hgwqaj6LQAOKktl2Ig+lAQ2AA2YsACs7QcGElCkspxXRVPOvU0giknkr3DDlCqa1H5AAXtA===

Then with just other shit I don't know:
EwBgzAPqIVIKTAIwE54HYwBZ4EIyIjDwBsKxuwBwNGYalONB6WCuShCJAHDh11I8ArHk7RS6BuJDceFYqE5l2MuTgACWoA
>>
>>51116374
That's pretty nice to know, thanks.
>>
>>51105343
Huh, I got the swc calcs wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. The Thorakites are meant to be cheerleaders mostly, I wouldn't bother linking them over Myrmidons with that awful 4-2 movement.
>>
>>51116246
Depends on what faction you play.
For YJ there are some nice things in there, even though the Zanshi are dogshit. In particular, the Hsien is still a fantastic LT and we all know just how good Tigers are. I also like the Zuyong as a doorkicker, but he clearly wants to be linked at some point.
I am less versed in Haqq, but I know that the Zhayedan can be an absolute bastard and the Al'Fasid is a veritable grab-bag of cool stuff.
As a starter for either faction it's nice and the models are all pretty great.
>>
>>51116246
Yes, if you're interested in either or both factions. If you already have haqq of YJ, it's a good update your your old minis. If not, both are good starts - though YJ has the stronger starter than Haqq.

>>51116394
Yes
>>
>>51116745
Right now I just have the Nomand and PanQ factions.

>>51116882
I guess I'll start emailing sellers and seeing which ones still ahve the exclusive in stock.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (118KB, 690x415px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
118KB, 690x415px
>>51105343
I think the Mk.1 is a good investment because the wip is so high I'm ok with risking rolls to keep 1/5 list total cost rambo units up.
>>
>>51116151
Wow that came out way better than I had expected. Go show that off to normiebook or the forums. We need catboy equivalent of Lupe for Bakunin.
>>
>>51116246
It's geared towards new players but the content and value are great for everyone.

As a YJ player I can tell you our half of the box is excellent. Hsien, Ninja and Zuyong are lovely sculpts and staples in many YJ lists, I find myself using them extensively. The Tiger Hacker is awesome as always but I find it has a harsh competition from its other loadouts. Zhanshis are zhansis, mediocre as always, but the sculpts are phenomenal compared to the older ones.
If you like ISS the Hsien and Ninja can go into the list and the zhanshis can proxy as Celestial Guards without problems, while Zuyong and Tiger are expected to be part of the upcoming (ha good joke) Invincible Army sectorial.

Can't say much about the Haqq half of the box except that recently I was on the receiving end of a Khawarij spree and that thing was scary. The Al Fasid made me sweat too.
Contrary to the YJ half the non-ghulam models can't be taken by any current Haqq sectorial, as the content of this box is meant to represent the starter to another unreleased sectorial (Ramah Task Force) so if you really just want to play with Hassassins or Qapu Khalqi just buy the respective starter.

At the end it comes down to what factions you like, if you're interested in any of those 2 I'd say go for it.
>>
>>51116955
>I think the Mk.1 is a good investment because the wip is so high I'm ok with risking rolls to keep 1/5 list total cost rambo units up.
Well that is up to you if you feel like trying to restore a wound point while they're still up and running (No Wounds Incapacitation), and risking to kill them. I'd personally not risk it though, but maybe it's just me.

To fill the last 5 points you could add a yudbot or if you feel adventurous swap one Thorakites for a Myrmidon to get some smoke for your MSV2 Deva.
The list looks solid as of now anyway.
>>
>>51117464
I'm leaning towards the smoke Myrm. Thanks for you criticism.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.