[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize the reason cyberpunk characters have crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 38

File: cv-dazzle.jpg (154KB, 1339x610px) Image search: [Google]
cv-dazzle.jpg
154KB, 1339x610px
>yfw you realize the reason cyberpunk characters have crazy styles is to hide their identities from facial recognition software
>>
>>51051152
Huh, cool. Didn't think of it that way before.
>>
File: cv dazzle.jpg (327KB, 1354x700px) Image search: [Google]
cv dazzle.jpg
327KB, 1354x700px
>>
>>51051152
>as the neural networks get better, so too must hairstyles get more and more bizzare
>yfw you have to spend 2000 credits a week to get the fucked-up plastic surgery needed to remain anonymous
>>
>>51051313
wouldn't it be easier just to have wear a mask?
>>
>>51051313
>the ultimate cyberpunk fashion accessory is a small burlap sack with eye holes
>>
>>51051328
>fuck
>>
>>51051313
The police start profiling ugly people.
>>
>>51051152
Uh, wouldn't their distinct features make them even more noticeable?
>>
>>51051328

No, because almost every place has laws against concealing your face in public.

I know this because I love masks and would love wear one 24/7.
>>
>>51051341
>the alarms are still wailing as the robbers speed off in their 2003 toyota camry
>the sprinkler system has gone off, spraying water all over the hostages huddled on the ground
>one hostage stands up, surveying the chaos
>"Man, those guys were asthetic as fuck."
>>
>>51051328
>>51051342
>>
>>51051365
Depends.

If we assume the trappings of cyberpunk in action - mechanised and constant observation and utter apathy from people - then no. Because machine doesn't recoginise them in their weirdness, rather trying to match their face to a picture. Meanwhile people are too apathetic to give a fuck about yet another colourful punk.

Aside of that, even if we go for more serious tone, have you ever been on, say, convention for goths? Where rather than having one bizzarely clothed chick with even weirder make-up you have few hundreds people like that in a single conference room?
Apply that to cyberpunk and punks being everywhere. Suddenly having pink hairs and a small anchor in your left ear doesn't make you stand out, because the guy who saw you saw also 20 people like that since just yesterday.
>>
>>51051365
Tell that to one-fingered Yakuza with full body tattoos.
>>
>>51051328
then baneposters will spam the network with stale jokes every time they see you
>>
>>51051365
Not if you change your haircut every week.
>>
>>51051424
Unfortunately, somebody cared who you were before you put on the mask, which goes against the principles of Baneposting. There will still likely be those who point out how your personal identity is of no concern, as matter of importance is your plan.
>>
>>51051424
>implying they won't do that anyway
>>
File: 8032504.jpg (175KB, 619x413px) Image search: [Google]
8032504.jpg
175KB, 619x413px
>>51051328
>the real reason the Chinese government is starting to worry about the smog
>>
>>51051527
baneposting?
>>
>>51051365
Only in the time span between the system learning of your style and you switching to a new one. And assuming you go for a unique style, instead of doing the usual thing of adhering religiously to your subculture's designated uniform of individuality.
>>
>>51051542
Because the Party will no longer be able to use its GLORIOUS FACE-RECOGNITION SOFTWARE to keep tabs on DIRTY DISSIDENTS.
>>
>>51053228
Nobody cared who they were until they put on the masks.
>>
>>51051388
No they don't.I think France dose but even that law was met with resentment.
I'd like to know what cuck country you live in and would love to read that particular law.
>>
File: Beth Kilrain-Chang.jpg (101KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Beth Kilrain-Chang.jpg
101KB, 1080x1080px
>>51053228
Their "facebook but with 'good citizen points', which includes a reward system" is kinda impressively dystopian
>>
>>51053526
>facebook but with 'good citizen points', which includes a reward system
Tell me more.
>>
>>51053661
It's better than just 'good citizen points', but doing stuff the government disapproves of not only lowers your ranking, which is important for a bunch of stuff (can't remember what though), but also those around you. Meaning, you're rewarded for snitching and ostracising the government's political enemies.
>>
File: ENAB.jpg (100KB, 719x480px) Image search: [Google]
ENAB.jpg
100KB, 719x480px
>>51051527
>>
>>51053792
As goofy as the bane jokes are, his line about nobody caring before the mask rings true, a person's identity matters so little until it's hidden, suddenly by the mere act of denying us this we need to know
>>
>>51053869
Thanks Merkle
>>
>>51053661
>>51053735
It doesn't exist yet - at least not in it's full scale, and in particular the punishment aspect is just a rumour, but it's like your credit score: it applies for loans, making travel and other paperwork easier, and there are rumours about implementing penalties for low scores, like slower internet speeds, or restricting jobs a low scoring person is allowed to hold.

It pulls data from social networks and online purchase histories, and is pretty visible to anyone who wants to look, including yourself - got a pesky friend who's driving down your score? drop them, and your credit goes up.
Think how many people score-chase on inane shit like candy crush, if you want to be a bit concerned.

Amusingly, anime - being from Japan and all - is aparently a negative purchase
>>
>>51053917
Yet people decry Japan's denial of wartime atrocities when the evidence for both is about the same.
>>
>>51053922
Oh, and I think dating sites also can look at it as an option too - don't want to date a bad citizen, after all
>>
>>51053947
>Yet people decry Japan's denial of wartime atrocities when the evidence for both is about the same.
So, the only people that deny it are ignorant at best, and ideologically motivated at worst?
>>
>>51053922
>>51053869
And this is why cyberpunk isn't popular anymore.

Because it's already real life.
>>
>>51053869
>>thinks being a nazi qualifies as muh thoughtcrime ah blooh blooh I'm being oppressed

Found the amerifat who doesn't recognise the power of speech.

Or the nazi, not sure which.
>>
>>51054063
As atrocious as nazis are, setting precedence to silencing political opinion deemed "harmful" is a pretty fucking awful idea. Sunlight is the best disinfectant and all that, anyway.
>>
>>51051365
To eyewitnesses, yeah.

But computers looking for faces to document will often screw up if you have weird shit all over you. The point isn't to have an unrecognizable face to humans, the point is to have a face that computers ignore.
>>
>>51053869
Russia is doing the same thing. Though it's less about liberal stuff and more about mentioning nazis and being non-christian.
>>
>>51053869
Germany doesn't have a weird facebook that actively encourages stabbing your fellow man in the back and awards you 'citizen points' for doing so.

Germany keeps tabs on potential terrorists. Which is what neo-nazis are. I doubt you'd have problems with people keeping an eye on extremely radical Muslims.
>>
>>51054238
So apply that same thing to Russia, China, Turkey and see how your argument breaks down, as those countries are openly doing it.
>>
>>51053869
Wew, this myth again.

The actual goal of the German police in those raids was to seize illegal weapons. The people they targeted were people associated with far-right groups that had made comments suggestive of violent action, and that were already suspected of breaking the law. Lo and behold, a bunch of the houses they raided were indeed found to be full of weapons, narcotics, and materials for making bombs.

The ONLY people arrested to be put on trial were those in possession of these items.
>>
File: beaten punk.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
beaten punk.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
>>51054204
>Sunlight is the best disinfectant
Actually not heard that one - looking it up, found that the guy was committed to privacy rights, and he was also a massive progressive and a pretty active zionist (he died in 1941).
I'm not commenting on either of those, but I think it's an amusing confluence of policies for this discussion.

But yes, setting a precedent for shutting down people isn't great, even when those people are doing the online equivalent of shouting in the street that groups of people should burn and that nazis were right.

This is getting pretty /pol/ pretty fast though - I'm kind of wondering how you'd incorperate this into a game (no, really, I am)

If you present a scenario where the cops (or CorpSec) are overzealous and clamping down privacy, but the people they're silencing are obnoxious assholes with no redeeming features, who do you think a party would side with?
>>
>>51054358
depends on the group

Were it cops, my group would probably side with them. Corps? a little harder to gauge. Even meatheads know corps aren't entirely kosher.
>>
With China's 'Good Boy Points', it feels like you can game the system though. /g/ already orders a bunch of small cables and stuff from their eBay equivalent, so they could easily drown in them. I was told that stuff like attending parades gets you points, but what stops them from sending someone from the office to just have the phones in a bag and score the geolocation points?
>>
>>51054365
People who are members of far-right groups are often voters for the AfD, as it's the only plausible party to vote for by their reckoning.
>>
Wow thanks for turning this into a politics thread guys, so fun
>>
>>51054230
A lot of modern facial recognition(the ones used in cassinos) is actually pretty good at seeing through disguises, even better than humans for most part.
>>51054379
>I was told that stuff like attending parades gets you points, but what stops them from sending someone from the office to just have the phones in a bag and score the geolocation points?
A cap on the amount of "good boy points" you can earn per day combined with punishments to people that try to game the system would be enough, I guess.
>>
>>51054379
If you've gaming the system you're still helping - helping meet production targets, giving the media statistics that look good (100'000 people attended the parade in Beijing today) while still doing whatever you were actually doing.

Honestly, it's a pretty clever deal.

Oh, and has it been mentioned it's being set up/run by the company that does Ali Baba?
>>
>>51054365
Different poster, but yes and no.

The AFD takes great pains to exclude members of extremist groups from joining their ranks. Despite this, however, they are very much supported by a voter base of extreme far-right folks who see them as the only option that doesn't completely fuck with their worldview.

Also, while they don't popularize the view, they are full of people who are tenaciously against same-sex marriage being allowed, and often against gays or lesbians being allowed to partake in certain jobs, such as teaching. They don't publicize these opinions to a great degree, but they don't distance themselves from them either. They court the far right while trying to remain middle-leaning enough that people who aren't really that political and don't do their research can feel endeared to them by other policies.
>>
>>51054386
Social Credit Score accounts would be a fairly valuable target to hit in a cyberpunk game - you can make someone, break someone, or affect whole swathes of people to make disruption, or to just go Robin Hood on a community and give them all cheap loans
>>
>>51053735
>>51053922
>>51054259
Any specific names or keywords I could google?
>>
>>51054460
>there ARE radical Muslim groups, IN GERMANY, who have facebook pages talking about things like rape and murder but it's just left off as joking.

German police made recent raids on suspected IS members within the country though.
>>
>>51054477
Sesame Credit.

As stated, it's not active on any large scale yet, and punishments in particular aren't much but rumours, but it garnered relatively huge media attention
>>
>>51054437
>Being a Nazi and being angry about your government importing hundred of thousands of violent criminals

...Hundreds of thousands of refugees. Most of which are actually kids and many of which are women.

There are nowhere near enough cases of crimes by immigrants to suggest hundreds of thousands of criminals.
>>
>>51054512
I think the last really big one was, ironically, just a little before that.
>>
>>51051152
I just need to start wearing a full face mask everywhere I go at this point. Facial recognition software is the reason I can't go to London, or England, anymore.
>>
>>51054514
I view him as a self-important asshole who's going to let the governor who led Indiana to becoming the second-shittiest state run things for him while he's crying about how people are so mean to him on Twitter.
>>
Are we living in a cyberpunk future /tg/?
>>
>>51054506
>Far Right at this point is a meme that means anyone not in the Far Left

If you want I can start making completely stupid statements too, but then this conversation would have no point.

>Do you view Donald Trump as Far Right?

Donald Trump has no views or ideals of his own, he's not aligned to any political system. He says and does whatever he thinks will get him the most applause, whether or not he believes what he's saying or has any intention of following through.

He has a lot of far-right supporters who think he's gonna usher in a grand regime of gays being shot in the street and all blacks in jail, but that's simply the nature of the far right - they're easy prey to self-interested demagogues. He won't do that stuff because he doesn't have the power and he's not actually interested in doing anything but strengthening the power large corporations have. That is the only reason he's there.
>>
>>51054559
>Are we living in a cyberpunk future /tg/?
No.
>>
>>51054554
If you did something bad enough that people are combing through security cameras looking for you you probably deserve it
>>
>>51054587
I haven't done anything, yet. I'm just deeply, irrationally paranoid.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you!
>>
>>51054514
>KIds wont turn into criminals because of troubled, violent childhoods. You can trust me.

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>51054578
He very clearly has no political place he wants to move the US toward. He constantly shifts around on his positions and contradicts himself, because he doesn't really care where he's going ideologically. His choices for heads of state have been made no based on how well they'll do their job or what they'll do in the role, but how much uproar and attention they'll bring him, and how much support from people who like his "I'm just a guy that doesn't give a shit and does whatever" persona it will grant him.

He cares about business. That's it.
>>
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>51054615
If every kid who had ever had any trauma in their pasts turned into a criminal, the human race would have killed itself a thousand times over by now.
>>
>>51054609
>Most of his supporters, and voters mind you, are middle/poverty class Americans fucked over by Obama

I didn't say they weren't. I just said he also has a ton of far right, and, yeah, alt right, supporters.

That said, the 'poverty class' has hardly been fucked by Obama. They've been fucked by time, and by the realities of living within in our system of economy. Industry is not coming back to areas where it's flagging in America, because those industries were flagging for a reason. They're no longer profitable, and if they are, they're generally profitable elsewhere.
>>
File: augmented reality.jpg (251KB, 1300x644px) Image search: [Google]
augmented reality.jpg
251KB, 1300x644px
>>51054634
Me too.
Though as I'm >>51053526 this one is probably on me.
Well, me and >>51053869

I just wanted to post relevant netrunner art and mention an existing thing that wouldn't be out of place in a cyberpunk game

Much like >>51054606's quote, it's a catch 22
>>
>>51054667
Lel, most of his choices have no experience or qualifications in the areas they're posted. Or they have MASSIVE conflicts of interest going on, where it's actively best for them personally to sabotage the post.
>>
>>51054713
You do realize you can go to any social network and find people who call themselves alt-right and are willing to explain what it means, right?

There's two main groups with different ideas about what this is, but they're both real communities.
>>
>>51054574
I've been to New York and Louisiana. Louisiana is circling the same drain as Indiana, and neither of them are quite as bad as Mississippi. New York is pretty much fine, although New York City is a crazy place filled with crazy people.
>>
I cannot wait for the Trumpet Bearers to realize that he has no interest in improving their lives or making good on any of his promises.

Shillaroos can die in a fire too, of course, but they're not as loud so their despair won't be as fun.
>>
>>51054775
>although New York City is a crazy place filled with crazy people.
Wasn't New York always like that?
>>
>>51054724
That's what happens when you let a narcissist make political appointments. They're picked for loyalty, not for competence, because he's the superman and they just need to shut up and do what he says.
>>
>>51054794
Pretty much, yeah. That's something that'll never change.
>>
it's funny how fast frustrated yuros and trump shills from /pol/ hijacked a cyberpunk thread
>>
>>51054230
>>51051443
That's just because modern facial recognition software doesn't need to account for wildly varying styles every week.

If punks started doing this to confuse the systems in place, programmers would adapt the facial recognition software to account for that.

So unless you get facial recognition surgery regularely, I doubt it would do much.
>>
>>51053869
Being German myself I gotta say I'm surprised to find out about this on 4chan of all places.
This is sarcasm. Cause you are full of shit.

>>51054678
The people in that image are at least 50% taller than they should be. Especially that group on the right. Holy shit, they are huge.
>>
>>51054880
The reason why that stuff confuses facial recognition software right now is that it would regularly pick up random shit in the environment as a face if it was trying to interpret strange lines and extremely clashing colors as faces. Random bits of trash blowing by would be seen as sprinting people. A plain box truck might be seen as having three or four people hanging out the back.
You'd need to have an actual AI watching it all, which is usually a gross waste of resources in settings that have actual AI.
>>
File: jc.jpg (4KB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
4KB, 174x200px
>>51054914
Their height is augmented
>>
>>51051402
This guy got arrested pretty damn quickly for his stunt.
>>
>>51054914
>The people in that image are at least 50% taller than they should be. Especially that group on the right. Holy shit, they are huge.
Manlet detected.
>>
>>51051423
"Yakuza, your lack of fingers and full-body tattoos make you very noticeable."
>>
File: vote.png (2MB, 578x1588px) Image search: [Google]
vote.png
2MB, 578x1588px
>>51054914
I did not notice that, but yeah, they are. Like fuck.

Maybe it's an AR thing - they've got overlay avatars to look bigger?
Notice the sign-holdingg buy isn't so big, where everyone else seems to have AR tags (maybe not the miggle one, but he's smallest)

Or just a not so good artist
And shouldn't that be YUGE?I'm sorry, with the way the thread is going I had to
>>
>>51054926
>You'd need to have an actual AI watching it all, which is usually a gross waste of resources in settings that have actual AI.
>People actually believe that.
>>
>>51054947
facebook is not the German government. Are you on drugs by chance? Cause nothing you say makes any sense.
>>
>>51054965
Fuck my typing
*sign-holding guy
*middle
>>
>>51054926
Not at all, you'd try to have the facial recognition software look for jawlines, eyes, ears, noses etc, stuff that as long as they are humanly recognizable will have. Even if it's covered with random shit.

Also, if we got true AI, it should be capable of infinitely replicating itself, it's just code.
>>
>>51053947
You can decry it without imposing a law that makes denial illegal. That's what a free society should do: allow free speech and let people state what they believe in.
>>
>>51054994
>Also, if we got true AI, it should be capable of infinitely replicating itself, it's just code.
A fucking LOT of code. And sometimes requiring special quantum hardware, depending on setting. It *could* infinitely replicate itself, except that it needs a significant amount of (Possibly special or even unique) hardware to host a single instance of it and the sheer size of its data would often strain even advanced futuretech network infrastructure.
>>
>>51055025
That's why we have botnets and the cloud.

Excluding the quantum hardware stuff, which is a good in-setting reason to avoid this inevitable problem.
>>
>>51055025
>And sometimes requiring special quantum hardware, depending on setting.
We are, for most part, talking about the real world here, nigger.
>>
>>51055041
yet americans can't even swear on late night tv
>>
>>51055061
The real world doesn't have real AI. Which means that looking for random colors and shapes as faces will bring back a lot of false positives. Looking for jawlines, eyes, ears, and noses is already what facial recognition software does, and it fails against dazzle camouflage and weird hair, because there are so many things that aren't faces that look similar to dazzle-hair that actually searching for it would be pointless.
>>
>>51055060
We can't say everything but at least we can buy kinder eggs and put uncensored boobs on the midday tv news.
>>
>>51054976
The German government is demanding that Facebook do this, you ignorant moron.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/17/german-officials-say-facebook-is-doing-too-little-to-stop-hate-speech
>>
>>51055041
And yet in practice america isn't better off in that area than any other country. Especially these days.

Hell its even worse than the majority of the world in certain aspects, like nudity.
>>
>>51055143
Exactly. Facial recognition is only one of about 30 tracking technologies that work in tandem. Getting a weird haircut doesn't stop them.

In the future millennials will be more likely to be recognized by their stupid tattoos.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/05/5-ways-law-enforcement-will-use-tattoo-recognition-technology
>>
>>51054951
>tfw not eleven feet tall
why live
>>
>>51055172
I need a bunker that I can never leave. Goddamn.
>>
>>51055119
A number of different parties have gotten on facebook and twitter for laxly enforcing their existing rules, you fools.
>>
>>51055143
Recognizing that there's a person present and recognizing their face are two different things. The first one is never going to be beaten without using some kind of personal stealth technology. The second is beaten regularly no matter how hard the developers try.

Gait recognition can also be beaten if you're actively trying to beat it. Same with syntax and phrasing recognition. A person probably couldn't keep it up for too long, since you have to concentrate to act unnatural, but it can be done for decent amounts of time.
>>
>>51055203
>have gotten on facebook
Nice weasel words there, buddy. "gotten on" is not a valid category.

The German government is the only western democracy that's threatening financial penalties and criminal prosecution of Facebook itself if it doesn't comply.
>>
>>51053281
>United States
>Canada
>Austria
>Denmark
>Germany
>Norway
>Russia
>Spain
>Sweden
>Switzerland
>Ukraine
>UK

Take your pick. All have anti-mask laws, and that's not even getting into asian countries.
>>
>>51055143
>handwriting so incoherent I can barely tell what I've written
>autistic spaz, so walk weirdly, without pattern
>no tattoos
Cyberpunk here I come. Where's my leather trenchcoat and dreadlocks.
>>
>>51055119

Well, Facebook has policies against hate speech in the first place. So they are demanding that facebook actually enforce it's own policy.
>>
>>51054828
He picked fucking Rick "Imma shutdown the Dept. of Energy" Perry as, you guessed it, secretary of energy. He also has no idea what the department he would be heading *does*; he thinks that the Dept. of Defense handled nuclear waste for Christ's sake.

Perry is an incompetent fuckwit and a perfect example of cronyism when the big man has no friends of his own.
>>
>>51055124
Uncensored fucks on the simpsons? Yeah right there would be riots.
>>
>>51055283
RFID chips in literally everything. Remember to EMP your underwear if you want to go unrecognized.
>>
>>51055283
>can't even used old, unmarked leather because it'd stand out like a sore thumb in a crowd
this future is too dystopian
>>
>>51053281

Australia has a law where police can ask you to remove any face covering object under specific circumstances. Mind you, those circumstances are 'Being arrested' and:

>when sitting for a photograph for the purposes of licensing or permits issued by any government agency;
>when accessing services from a government agency where it is necessary to ascertain a person’s identity;
>when accessing any government office, place, space or facilities where it is necessary to ascertain a person’s identity;
.when having a document witnessed by a Justice of the Peace;
>when required to provide proof of age;
>as part of an accepted medical procedure.

It's also against the policy of basically every business to disallow people in masks/helmets from entering in order to help with theft prevention.
>>
>>51055303
>tfw a member of your extended family gave you a full leather trench because they had it lying around the attic and thought it would 'suit you'

I don't know if they think I'm gonna shoot up a school or lead the resistance against our megacorp oppressors
>>
>>51055329
You have to make your own though, since the pre-made Faraday gear sold commercially through "punk" stores are literally coated on both sides by broad-frequency location broadcasting gear and unique identifiers in every spectrum that you could get scanned in.
>>
>>51055041
Free speech is also a thing in Mexican constitution. Article 6th of the Mexican constitution clearly defines freedom of speech.
>>
>>51054365
Per definition, they are. Has nothing to do with "view".
>>
File: ghost in the shell which one.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell which one.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>51055247
>>autistic spaz, so walk weirdly, without pattern
You can walk funny and still generate unique n-grams. You would have to use literally different muscles every time you moved, for the rest of your life, in order to have a completely random movement n-gram. And that kind of Gaussian distribution would itself become an instant flag.

You really can't beat this shit (if it works well).

Our only saving grace today is that all biometric tech works poorly...so far. When they get to 6-nines reliability we're fucked.
>>
>>51055307
>"Constrained government" means shutting down a vital component of the nation's infrastructure and leaving shit like handling nuclear waste unregulated

So tell me, if the DoE gets disbanded and we ignore literally every other issue on the long list entitled "Shit that gets screwed without the DoE" besides "handles nuclear waste," who would it fall to? Whose job would it be to regulate dangerous materials like that?
Maybe the EPA? Except that has been on the shitlist for mush longer and will likely get canned well before the DoE.
How about the Dept. of Defense like Perry thought it already was? Yeah lets make the DoD handle nuclear waste disposal; it's not like they've got more important things to do.

Not that any of the above matters. Your point was that Trump selects only the best -- I mean the greatest, they are very smart guys -- to work with him. Well after it was revealed that Perry was the main pick for leading the DoE, he failed to show the slightest bit of knowledge related to his future position. Fuck, if you think Perry's a decent guy, put him in charge of the USDA! He'd know what the fuck he's talking about then because of his background!

But no, Trump picked him to head the DoE strictly because Perry very publicly promised to dismantle it.

Competency is not required, only the ability to make a scene.
>>
>>51054506
>Far Right at this point is a meme that means anyone not in the Far Left
Nope. But that sentence is a meme. And memes are mostly bullshit.
You display a total lack what political "left" and "right" are about.
>>
>>51054352
He's right it's the UK that literally arrests people over face book comments and tweets, not Germany.
>>
>>51055471
With help from? No. It is heavily influenced in the US constitution and the Magna Carta. We did abolish slavery 40 years before you did
>>
>>51051388
>carrying around tons of explosives, weapons and non-Apple Aproved Applications™
sure cyberPUNK protagonists will draw a line when it comes to masks
>>
>>51055501
>Your argument of "how will we ever take care of ourselves without bloated, burdensome bureaucracies overstepping their bounds?" isnt a good one.

As a non-american, the sheer hatred americans have for federal government often weirds me out. But then, my country has much less powerful state governments while america often seems semi-feudal in that regard.
>>
>>51054537
>No, most of which are adults who breed like rabbits
Because the amount of children does not plummet the longer said populations live in developed countries, eh? Oh wait you suck at statistics.

>Most of the kids are also child brides
Sounds like complete made up bullshit.

>wives
Here I know it's bullshit
Any western country would seperate said "wives" from their "husbands".
Because:
a) below the lawful minimal age of marriage
b) thus said marriage is void
c) thus said child is a case for social institutions

Try to read your laws before posting bullshit. let me guess, your source if you have any is a right wing website, reposted by other right wing sites. But somehow not official sources, like police statistics?

3/10 made me lose some faith in mankind
>>
>>51055501
>"Everyone Tumps picks are competent!"
>No they're not; here's an example
>"HURF DURF BLOAT OBAMA=NIGGERSATAN"
Nice job stormweenie. If you actually want to continue the argument, I'm game, but I don't feel like throwing out arguments only for you to run around the stadium with the goalpost.
>>
>>51054352
/pol/ conspiracy theorists BTFO
>>
>>51051152
Basically the only acceptable reason.
>>
>>51054542
"economic reasons" like "be exported poverty to their countries" or "we keep their countries as quasi colonies" or "we sponsor civil wars in their countries".

I respect your wish for clear definitions. But I think it's more complicated than you stated.
>>
>>51055543
>You can, however stop governement bloat, and one of the best ways to o that is put people who dislie their department in charge, yet also understand what their department does
While I disagree that the DoE is overly bloated, I agree with your overall point. However, the issue is that Perry has shown to not meet requirement #2. For your metaphor, that's like hiring a subcontractor who has neither financial investment towards the contract nor a total understanding of what their role as a subcontractor is.
>>
>>51055657
>Gives no evidence to support claim, not even a halfassed link
>Combines with a personal attack.
Make no mistake; I may be the one using greentext here, but we're both shitposting at each other at full capacity.
>>
>>51055501

>"how will we ever take care of ourselves without bloated, burdensome bureaucracies..."

You're not looking at it the right way. These agencies aren't here to take care of us. They're to make sure that companies and local infrastructure don't fuck you over through laziness/incompetence. too much regulation might be a bad thing, but regulations are /good/. most companies don't give a shit about you, if the government let them walk on you they would and you probably couldn't do anything about it.
>>
>>51055670
You'd think if there were millions of these savages, inbreeding wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>51055501
You can disagree with Obama's policies. But if you think that Obama isn't an extremely intelligent man -or is actually stupider than Donald fucking Trump - then I know you're just trolling.
Listen to the two of them speak for 5 minutes. Don't cry teleprompter. An interview or something else unscripted.
>>
>>51055247
>autists will lead the rebellion because they're harder to catch
>>
>>51055753
>autists are the reason the megacorporations have to employ physical security instead of machine killdroids
>>
How would the slow shift to cyberpunk clothes start in modern society where anyone who started wearing leather and spikes would be treated as full autismo?
>>
>>51055584
I thought you were an Amerifat, Frogfriend. I have no ill will towards the Frenchies. You guys gave us our constitution, our first emperor/dictator and many a fun wars
>>
>>51055759
Okay, how about this: Obama earned a position as a constitutional law professor on merit while Donald trump has done nothing but run successful businesses into the ground
>>
>>51055702
Shhh Anon. Remember, gigantic corporations are your friend! It's only the organizations with leaders you elected and whose goal is to serve the public in some capacity that's your enemy. Corporations whose goal is to make money always do so in an ethical and safe fashion while every government organization larger than a village council is 100% corrupt and only interested in themselves.

Except now that Dolan is the White House. His appointment of a Goldman Sachs president to director of the NEC is draining the swamp in Washington and removing all undue influence!

When corporations run the government, everyone's your friend!
>>
File: nicaragua-usa.png (154KB, 809x491px) Image search: [Google]
nicaragua-usa.png
154KB, 809x491px
>>51055670
You have no idea how many democratically elected regimes have been toppled, terrorists supported and dictators installed by the CIA.

Did you buy into the 'leader of the free world' meme?
>>
>>51053526
https://youtu.be/zfHcpDVyFrI
>>
>>51054512
That's how police and justice in general work, you know.
>>
>>51055792
If you live in a big enough city punks are not exactly an uncommon sight.
So the leather and spikes thing would just be more common that it is now.

But realistically speaking it would look a bit different than what people extrapolated from in the 80s.
Check out the character designs in DeusEx human revolution.
A lot of that concept art is based on contemporary highfashion and/or hi-tech fabrics.
It'd basically look a lot more like this. The jacket she is wearing is a spin on a real thing.
>>
File: fundamentalism.png (24KB, 958x178px) Image search: [Google]
fundamentalism.png
24KB, 958x178px
>>51055875
>he doesn't know how secular the Middle East used to be
do your homework buddy, fundamentalism is a symptom of war, not a cause
>>
>>51055579
You dumb, ignorant fuck:

http://www.gesetze-bayern.de/(X(1)S(bjxkqq4ialuzqvsspgey0j43))/Content/Document/Y-300-Z-BECKRS-B-2016-N-09621?hl=true&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

>A marriage of a 14-year-old with a person of full age, which is effectively concluded in Syria under Syrian law of marriage, is to be recognized as effective if the spouses of the Sunni religious order belong and the marriage has already taken place. (Official motto)
>The infringement of the age of consent of § 1303 BGB in the case of a marriage abroad does not result in the annulment of the marriage, even if a breach of the order public (Article 6 of the German Civil Code) is interrupted.
>>
>>51054955
I think you'll find that after the Yakuza are done with whatever they were doing, nobody in the area noticed a damn thing, no matter how many times you ask them. Seems like it works to me.
>>
>>51055953
That's called intimidation, not "anti-facial recognition technology".
>>
>>51055760
>Obama was, and maybe still is, objectively unqualified for the position of POTUS. A rubber stamp could have done his job.
Most presidents were, with the exception of Nixon.
>>
>>51055939
Trying to claim the majority of refugee children are "child brides" is disingenuous as fuck, anon, and it smacks of sensationalist smokescreen.
>>
>>51054939
>His stunt.
Thats the thing, the guy wearing it isn't the perpetrator. The mask was designed by an artist who put the files for it online for free so people can make their own with a 3d printer. Yeah one or two people got arrested for wearing them but there are many more of those faces out there.
>>
>>51055760

Which qualifications? He was voted in, he's old enough and he has american birth citizenship.

Those are the requirements to be POTUS.
>>
>>51055759
>Being a good public speaker does not make you a smarter person.
>I'm not saying Trump is smarter
He's got he best words.
>>
>>51055875
Woefully ignorant of history man
If you're talking about conversion by the sword, Christianity is the all time greatest culprit. Even northern Europeans didn't want to be Christian until other Europeans slaughtered it into them.
Islam,on the other hand, explicitly demands respect for other "people of the book" (Jews, Muslims) and for millenia such people lived in peace under Muslim rule. (Compare to the Reconquista and subsequent Spanish inquisition)
The dynamic may have changed in the last 50 years, but that's not because of religion. It's because most war torn countries are Muslim and most christIan countries are peaceful. At this moment in history.
>>
>>51051365
Depends. If the general public adopts it as a hip trend then you'll trick the cameras and blend into crowds. Its why bank robbers wear surgical masks in China.
>>
>>51055807
>Obama earned a position as a constitutional law professor on merit

Hahaha, oh my, this is rich. He got a position as a course instructor because he was black and because of racial quotas in the hiring process. He knew very little about constitutional law, was never a full or even associate professor and most importantly:

>he never completed a single work of legal scholarship

It's sad that you think this is merit.
>>
>>51056004
The point being that if they're getting arrested, it's not a good disguise, is it? Anti-facial rec tech has to be something that's innocuous and won't get you arrested on the spot. Masks don't qualify.
>>
>>51055931
That's where intelligence comes in and policing leaves.
>>
>>51056043
>Hahaha, oh my
Fucking kill yourself faggot.
>>
I hate this thread.
>>
>>51055994
It wasn't me claiming "the majority are child brides", that was a different anon.

It's you being disingenuous when you claimed here >>51055579 that it doesn't happen at all, which is what my post disproves quite clearly.
>>
>>51055735
>It's codified in their religious texts.

It is? You'd think then that the entirety of the Middle East would be full of people more deformed than the last of the Hapsburg dynasty.
>>
File: black bars.preview.jpg (73KB, 550x548px) Image search: [Google]
black bars.preview.jpg
73KB, 550x548px
>>51056073
fair point, how about stage prosthetic or fake beards? or stupid sunglasses?
>>
>>51056114
>And one wonders why Obama will go down in history as the affirmative action president.

You can't say he's not qualified though. He literally meets all the qualifications to be POTUS. Being good once you are actually POTUS isn't the same as being qualified.
>>
>>51056098
Further to this point, Die Welt says that "just" 13 per cent of marriages in Syria involved a partner under the age of 18 before the war. Now the figure is around 51 per cent. And these people are coming here.

Source: https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article155837698/Kinderehen-nach-Scharia-Recht-spalten-deutsche-Justiz.html
>>
File: self destruct art.jpg (1MB, 1024x879px) Image search: [Google]
self destruct art.jpg
1MB, 1024x879px
>>51056091
>tfw when you accidently started this
>>
>>51056076
Christianity from the 4th century onward has very little to do with what Jesus said,so I'm not sure what your point is.
I'm talking about what has actually OCCURRED in history, not some ideal world based on pure devotion to ideology.
I already gave one example,the erasure of Nordic religions through war. I'll add the conversion of Latin America and the Philippines. The long tradition of pogroms against the Jews.
>>
>>51051328
>>51051388

This. Most places have laws about wearing masks in public. Depending on locale there may be exemptions for special events like Halloween, or the police may simply not enforce the laws around that time (unless your 'costume' is black pants, a gray sweater, and a ski mask).

It's more important to note that there are currently, and have been historically, countries that regulate what makeup you can wear and even what hairstyle you're allowed to have. Yeah, there are places where OP's #4 could still get in trouble.
>>
File: 1481966646184.jpg (140KB, 1199x848px) Image search: [Google]
1481966646184.jpg
140KB, 1199x848px
>Yusaku is a boy who doesn’t like standing out, and particularly doesn’t stand out at school.
Now this makes sense!
>>
>>51051423
>one-fingered

Jesus, somebody doesn't know when to quit.
>>
>>51051402
>>51054939
Can I get info on this? Was it performance art or some kind of 'prank' perhaps?
>>
File: iVCpwgq.jpg (74KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
iVCpwgq.jpg
74KB, 720x450px
>>51056076
>Qur'an 29:45-49
>And dispute ye not with the People of the Book except with means better (than mere disputation) unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say "We believe in the Revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow."

Their holy texts basically say "The differences between us are minor; theological debates are fine but don't start shit unless they actually wronged you."
If you want to argue that modern Islam doesn't follow this precept, guess what we get to bring up about Christianity?

Also I'm loving the irony here. "Muslims shouldn't even count as human; I think they're all killers and rapists" alongside "Muslims (according to my headcanon) dehumanize us; they're so evil for doing so!"
>>
>>51056131
Yes, and? Do you understand what an Intelligence Quotient is?
>>
>>51056111
>You'd think then that the entirety of the Middle East would be full of people more deformed than the last of the Hapsburg dynasty.

It is.

Global birth defects per 1000 live births:
1. Sudan 82.0/1000
2. Saudi Arabia 81.3/1000
3. Benin 77.9/1009
4. Burkina Faso 77.0/1000
5. Palestinian territories 76.6/1000
6. United Arab Emirates 75.9/1000
7. Tajikistan 75.2/1000
8. Iraq 74.9/1000
9. Kuwait 74.9/1000
10. Afghanistan 74.8/1000
11. Oman 74.8/1000
12. Syria 74.3/1000
13. Pakistan 73.5/1000
14. Nigeria 73.5/1000
15. Kyrgyzstan 73.4/1000
16. Qatar 73.4/1000
17. Bahrain 73.3/1000
18. Jordan 73.1/1000
19. Libya 73.0/1000
20. Tunisia 72.7/1000
21. Morocco 72.3/1000
22. Yemen 72.1/1000

Source: Christianson, A., Howson, C., Modell, B., 2006. March of Dimes. "Global Report on Birth Defects", March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, White Plains, New York.
>>
>>51056250
Fun fact: the Quran has a chapter dedicated to the various miracles performed by Jesus.
>>
I want to apologize to the /tg/ community for arguing about politics here.
When I was an edgy /pol/ teen I argued for the right. Now i argue for the left. But it's all far off topic and I'm not going to shit up the best board with it anymore.
Sorry fa/tg/uys
>>
>>51056271
From the same report.
>>
>>51051152
How are 3 and 4 the same person?
>>
>>51056340
>10-50+%
Nice range you have there.
>>
>>51056288

Well yeah. He's a prophet (If not the son of god) of Islam. His teachings are accepted as those of a wise prophet. Sorta like how Christians treat Moses.
>>
>>51054667
>>Chose literally the best person for each job

He put miss "I want to take funding away from schools" in charge of education and mr "I want to shut down the department of energy" in charge of energy. The guy he's put in charge of housing has zero experience in the area and his demonstrated in his statements that he has no idea what the post even entails or what the situation is.

His choices are pure cronyism.
>>
>>51056340
Not surprising. Different cultures have different standards for what constitutes inbreeding, and humans only recently figured out the exact rules. In a world where millions of people still think Charles Darwin was the devil in disguise, it's not surprising a mother or father would object when you try to explain their daughter's second cousin would *not* be a perfect husband for her.
>>
>>51056310
It's cool dood. You may have accidentally set it off, but it's dedicated /pol/aks and people like me that are tired of seeing shit flood the board and trying to ignore it that keep it going.
>>
>>51056360
Not my map, but that's an acceptable way of showing clustered bands and eliminating singular outliers when using Jenk's distribution.
>>
Fucking /pol/ cucks always ruin everything
>>
>>51051152
just get a brow piercing with an IR LED. Done.
>>
>>51056482
>calling others cucks

You're no better.
>>
>>51056492
Brow piercing, and tongue stud, and earring, all with infrared blinkies on them.
>>
To get this dilapidated thread back on track, it's not facial tech that people should be worried about; it's mobile fingerprinting.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/11/how-california-cops-use-mobile-biometric-tech-field

Stingrays and the other ones, forget the name, allow your phone to track and monitor you in various ways, and to reveal all your communications.

You can change your face paint or get a weird haircut, but you're not gonna be resoldering the circuits in your phone any time soon.
>>
>>51056492
And how are you powering that?
>>
>>51056357
Either an ungodly amount of hours in the makeup chair, model refers to something else, "Jude" is a term I'm unfamiliar with instead of a name, or there's just two different people named Jude
>>
>>51056360
It makes sense for the map in question, but I have to wonder what is actually near the 50 mark
>>
>Error Rates in Facial Recognition Processes
>http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0139827

>We conclude that human performance curtails accuracy of face recognition systems–potentially reducing benchmark estimates by 50% in operational settings.

Once again, we're the weak link.
>>
>>51056560
Probably with a rechargeable Li+ battery with 4 hours or so of battery life. The important part is, how do you know when the charge runs down?
>>
File: cyberpunk123.jpg (11KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk123.jpg
11KB, 212x278px
>>51056560
Well it's on your face - body heat/motion power, or micro-solar might do it?
>>
>>51055471
Didn't they yoink their constitution from the Iroquois as officially admitted by the US congress in 1987?
>>
>>51054668
Well hold up. I'm fine not pinning an entire eight years of economics to a president (because that's stupid,) but I think you'd be hard-pressed to say that the party of Obama has really been doing much to help the poor in the last 20 or so years. Just because their opposites have been worse doesn't mean that the Democratic party hasn't been involved in dismantling the welfare state and spurring on the distended system of finance that has created the world that the non-KKK Trump supporters tried to rebel against. You can make as many jobs programs as you want; the dismantling of anti-trust regulations that the purported party of the left still guarantees a job at Walgreens.
>>
>>51056898
Pretty much this. While the Republican party was dragging the Democrats rightward over "morals," both parties were being subverted by neo-liberals with a vision of free market fundamentalism. Those Trump voters might resent the Mexicans for stealing their jobs, but electing him punished the Randroids of both parties who kept promising to eventually give them new jobs in twenty or thirty years' time (while defunding education).
>>
>>51056645
Then read the report:

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.marchofdimes.com/downloads/Birth_Defects_Report-PF.pdf&date=2012-08-19
>>
>>51057054
This, the Republicans and Democrats both had the same exact face behind their masks, dividing people into sub cults when we need to be a nation exchanging ideas instead of shunning them on principal, everyone wants to belive in a president to change shit when a president is mearly the result of the national climate that made them, any real change needs to start where it always fucking started, with "we the people"
>>
>>51054634
>I want /pol/ to leave.

This. If the mods cracked down on /pol/posting like they do with porn, gore, and MLP, we'd have a much nicer and less toxic /tg/.

Maybe if we got loud enough about it, they might start doing something.
>>
>>51053822
Same thing with tits, am i right? Just that hidden is the norm
>>
>>51056177
Nordic countries swallowed that christianization like a semen demon. Not a war.
>>
File: Bishop_Henry_killed_by_Lalli.png (2MB, 1182x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bishop_Henry_killed_by_Lalli.png
2MB, 1182x800px
>>51058055
>>
>>51054994
>you'd try to have the facial recognition software look for jawlines, eyes, ears, noses etc,
What do you think facial recognition software does at the moment?
>>
>>51054477
China citizen Score
Palantir
>>
>all this /pol/ and anti-/pol/ posting

For fuck's sake where are the dragons already. Sixth World would be a fucking improvement at this point.
>>
>>51057808
The mods like /pol/.... why else would every single thread be allowed to be derailed like this
>>
>>51053869
>>51054437
>>51054460
>>51054506
>>51054537
>>51054574
>>51054609
>>51054947
Hmm.
>>
>>51056201
>oh, shit, it's One-Finger Onoda
>what a fucking dumbass
>hey, leave him be, guys, he's not hurtin' anyone
>>
>>51051152
>run anthromorph recognition program at the same time
>cross-reference anthromorph recognition program with thermal imaging to filter out androids
>Any recognized living anthromorphs that do not show up on facial imaging databases are flagged as suspicious
>>
>>51056182
Those special cases like halloween or some protests are also generally when the police are already out in greater force on the watch for shit going wrong and it makes for a real fuckmess for them.
>>
>>51055466
>he can't walk without rhythm
>>
>>51055777
>Die Tard
>>
>>51058725
Freedom Ain’t free. The tree of liberty and freedom gotta be litterd with the blood of Patriots. Dunkelzahn aka “lil' D” is not my presidnet. he is Draconic tricker and probbaly confedret as well :DD. ARES and 'merica not Aztek and Azlan ok. praise jesus.
>>
>>51053822
It's the same psychological mechanism behind the Streisand effect
>>
What about costume/stage makeup? How well would latex prosthetics and all that be at defeating facial recognition?
>>
File: groucho.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
groucho.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>51063814
Looks goofy but it would probably work.
>>
>>51056559
>you're not gonna be resoldering the circuits in your phone any time soon.

lmao get this fucking drekheaded casual

I built my deck from scratch using parts sourced from multiple different companies using half a dozen online aliases routed through four different bank accounts in the Ghost Cartel areas

It's almost necessary if you want to be a big fish, chummer. The Corps aren't going to pay much mind to every fucking script kiddy and wanna be web spyder on the market, but when you actually start to shake their belfry a little then they come down on the tracing hard. Fuck I know one got who got got because he fucked up and bought a candybar with an uncleaned credit stick. Fuckers traced it to the bank he got it from and then traced the credit withdrawel to the account and that was that.
>>
>>51051402
Why I always carry a latex mask of myself to leave behind at crime scenes.
>>
rather than using masks and plastic surgery, just inject saline into your face strategically to alter the shapes presented by your natural bones and fat.
>>
>>51054514
Then why are Sweden and Germany and the UK now the rape capitals of the world?

Yeah, it's women and children doing all of that raping.

Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>51067944
>>51067944
>import lots of women
>rape goes up

go figure
>>
>>51055321
Don't know why but I pictured a guy walking into a bank with a ski mask on like "I need to make a withdrawal" and the teller is like "I'll need to see your ID" and the dude hands him a photo ID of himself, still wearing a ski mask
>>
Speaking of maintaining anonymity, there's this debit card in my country which I acquired without attached identity and can be loaded at convenience stores, just gotta have a mobile number to start using it (which is pretty easy to get anonymously).

You can't withdraw physical money from it if there's no identity attached, but you can still make online purchases and online money transfers no problem.

Based on my description, is it total trash or can something be done with it? How can I get around this restriction they imposed on withdrawing money?
>>
>>51067944
>Then why are Sweden and Germany and the UK now the rape capitals of the world?
[citation needed]
>>
>>51055466
What the fuck is wrong with her nose, and why is she wall eyed?

At least the one on the right was animated with the ability to see straight.
>>
>>51054606
This guy gets it.
>>
>>51068171
Google it yourself, you fucking dumb ass.
>>
>>51068126
>buy a shit ton of hella expensive things online
>they arrive at your door
>take the items to their respective stores and return them for a full refund
>accept refund in cash
>leave
>>
>>51054477
Here are the two articles I bookmarked when I first ran across it:

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/10/in-china-your-credit-score-is-now-affected-by-your-political-opinions-and-your-friends-political-opinions/

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-future/chinas-nightmarish-citizen-scores-are-warning-americans
>>
>>51054559
Almost. We just need better cyberlimbs
>>
File: durga.png (1MB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
durga.png
1MB, 800x607px
>>51054559
kinda. we just have the shitty parts of cyberpunk and none of the cool parts. or maybe there is some cyborg wetwork going on already and we just don't know about it.

i know when society collapses, i'm getting my right leg replaced with a revolver cannon. my knee has been such a shithead for the last year or so and i want to get rid of it
>>
>>51054634
Politics is a massive part of Cyberpunk. Hell it's literally half the name. PUNK. To rebel against "the man", and "the man" is determined by politics. Asking for no politics in cyberpunk is like asking for cyberpunk hold the punk. At that point you're just playing generic science future #12
>>
>>51068767
politics is a massive part of cyberpunk, /pol/ is not
>>
>>51062617
Is it bad that I thought of a spurdo troll?
>>
File: Johnny Mnemonic.jpg (310KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Mnemonic.jpg
310KB, 500x600px
>>51068785
The only nazis I want to see in my cyberpunk are Christian White's Aryan Reggae Band - actually, he was described as "final champion of race rock", which was presumably a genre of its own, so that could actually become a thing I guess?
>>
>>51068785
/pol/ and politics are part and parcel. Didn't you see Clinton address Pepe on the news?
>>
>>51068874
modern day politics in america are a farce. by comparison, the political conditions in a cyberpunk setting seem reasonable and serious
>>
>>51054514
>Most of which are actually kids and many of which are women.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>51051527
Don't be silly, all Chinese people look alike and the facial recognition software doesn't work for squat.
>>
>>51053526
>>51053661
You know how America has it's "credit score" system that's maintained by three highly regulated companies? Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax.

Well China decided to follow our lead and set up their own credit score system. So the dirt-poor rice farming villiagers who went to the city to work in a factory and are now middle class with some cash to burn can go get loans for big expensive houses. Or at least it'll help the bankers know whose scum they shouldn't loan money to.

The dystopian part is that

A) It's going to be directly run by the government

B) They want to judge people based on party loyalty. As in the communist party. And hey, pissing off big brother really WOULD be bad for your credit. People who get black-bagged don't pay back loans

C) They're talking about monitoring people's Internet history and posts.
>>
>>51056201
Sometimes he fucks up but the man is DRIVEN.
>>
>>51051397
nice
>>
>>51053792
kek
>>
>>51055242
Denmark is due to all the massive several day long riots/violent protests/street fights between cops and autonomist/anarchist/squatter movements, who pretty much all wear masks. The kind where literally the whole street is set on fire. Around 2006 for instance parts of downtown Copenhagen just seemed like one huge constant riot for what seemed months. In Europe you also have to take into account that not only will you have to deal with your own rioters, but people will be flocking in from all over Europe to get in the fight. The Danish police had to move cops from all over the country and borrow extra armoured cars from the Dutch.
>>
>>51069860
>>51059041
>>51056201
And now I have an NPC - old one-finger Onoda the yakuza hard man: not hugely competent, but incredibly determined. A lot of the younger yaks think he's a joke, but those higher up know better.
He does have cybernetic fingers though, they're just obvious to display his failures and humility
>>
>>51071389
Yeah, I mean give the guy some credit.
Cutting off nine of your own fingers is pretty hardcore.
>>
>>51071474
>>51071389
I'm surprised his bosses kept him around that long. You're only supposed to cut off a finger for big mistakes. Determination or not, too many failures and nobody will call for you. No-one uses a broken spade.
>>
>>51068766
There are a lot of suicides going on. My favorite was the nailgun banker one.
>>
>>51071871
After his first big mistake he cut off the little finger, as is traditional. A week later the cause of the mistake were floating in little pieces in Tokyo bay.
After his second, after cutting off his finger he got a stim injector - he didn't sleep until the debt of honour was repaid.
The third was part of collective punishment, the whole team was comprised and duly reprimanded for their failure to spot the traitor.
The fourth was not actually mandated by a superior - he did it after a pyrrhic victory he felt he should have won
And so on.

He's not the most competent guy ever, but he's learned from every failure yet - unlike a lot of yak hitmen, he has no delusions of his ability and won't fall prey to overconfidence or ill-planning.
He'd probably commit sudoku at the last one though
>>
>>51068522
That usually doesn't work for exactly that reason. The stores will return money to the card that originally bought the item or give you a store gift card, precisely to prevent money laundering and withdrawal limit bypass.
>>
>>51072112
Ooh nice. I'd say at least 3 of those would had to have been self inflicted like the fourth you mentioned. 6 fingers is kind of a lot. Though cyberlimbs do take the edge off. Hell, I wonder her Yakuza actually feel about cybyerlimbs or fingers in this case? Isn't that kinda dodging the whole punishment?
>>
>>51056191
Huh... his hair is actually LESS ridiculous than Yugi's.
>>
>>51072572
Not if they're sufficiently obvious like an Anon talked about earlier. I don't think the point of digit-removal is to overtly hamper the gangster but instead to make their failures obvious and punish them via public shame; it wouldn't do much good for a boss to make his soldiers less capable. I'm sure some old-school oyabun wouldn't like cyberfingers, but most wouldn't mind. As long as the limb is obviously cybernetic (no flesh-tones, false skin, etc.), the point is still made.

Hell, with common, reliable, and safe cybermetic replacements being a thing, we could see a rise of severity of punishment (e.g. a whole hand instead of a finger) since replacements are possible, and some gangs would voluntarily replace parts of themselves with cybernetics as a show of solidarity or simply a requirement for membership ("Boss Yotsumama lost his eye and left arm in the war against the Red Wind; we follow in his footsteps and willingly give our pound of flesh!").
>>
>>51072572
From what I recall, the little finger is used because historically it was quite important for a few sword techniques, but losing it won't cripple you, and with modern weapons it's almost purely respect and punishment - most of the punishment is everyone knowing you fucked up.

The yakuza having ties to biotech corps might add emphasis - if you're a yak member with cybernetics, especially obvious ones, then there's clearly an issue in some way.

A few being self-inflicted increases the statement of just how determined the guy is when he gets going - his personal honour will accept nothing but total victory, not after his previous failures
>>
>>51068507
>Google it yourself, you fucking dumb ass.
Look newfag, if you make a claim, YOU have to provide the links to back it up. That's how shit works around here.
>>
File: 61+8gqCAkSL._UL1500_[1].jpg (173KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61+8gqCAkSL._UL1500_[1].jpg
173KB, 1500x1500px
>>51051152
Alternately
>>
>>51054914
or those are really stumpy traffic lights
>>
>>51055247
>>51055466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF28PETSYFE
>>
>>51055466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8
>>
>>51068561
I watched Brazil yesterday and I'm pretty sure they even made a joke about this
that's pretty fucked up
>>
File: Recognition.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Recognition.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
Who wants to be a millionaire?
Market surgical masks/ bandanas/ shemaghs with this pattern.
>>
>>51075008
I think it's copyrighted
>>
File: wow.png (23KB, 1162x52px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
23KB, 1162x52px
Haha what a funny thread
>>
>>51051152
what I heard, how facial recognation software works, this wouldn't work
also, like this anon >>51051365
already said
>Uh, wouldn't their distinct features make them even more noticeable?
>>
>>51051328
for you
>>
>>51055576
It's geography. We're just massive. It's an administrative thing.
>>
File: dream_e8bffd794b.jpg (45KB, 398x325px) Image search: [Google]
dream_e8bffd794b.jpg
45KB, 398x325px
>>51051152
Never thought of that this way.
Cool.
>>
File: 2016 Election Results By County.jpg (26KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Election Results By County.jpg
26KB, 640x417px
>>51055576
America is just gigantic and has areas of vastly different political climate. Giving individual states more power enables states to do what they feel is best for the representatives of said state. When the federal government has too much power, it begins overstepping its bounds and doing things to piss off large portions of the country that never would have supported the action if it were up to the citizens of those states, e.g. gay marriage being legalized in all 50 states instead of the liberal and conservative states individually choosing.

Only tangentally related but coming from the same view, just look at the electoral college. The electoral map by county is just a sea of red with hotspots of blue where major cities are. With the current system, where each state is guaranteed a minimum 3 electoral votes, this sea of red has a voice and is able to be heard during federal elections. If we handled things as just one huge country determined by popular vote, hugely populated states like California and New York would singlehandedly decide the election. The college exists so places like the "flyover states" in the middle of America aren't ruled over by people more than a thousand miles away from them.

If you can understand that, you'll understand why people dislike the federal government having too much power. It's the same principle of people from far away being able to rule over you and decide things you and those around you would never agree to, while the people have more control over their areas when the states have more power.
>>
>>51076219
>The college exists so places like the "flyover states" in the middle of America aren't ruled over by people more than a thousand miles away from them.

That cuts both ways though. When you give more power to the midwest states, it means they're controlling what happens to people a thousand miles away as well. And since, like you said, those major cities are more populated, it's a detriment to more people than if the electoral college were abolished.

The goal, though, shouldn't be to try to control each other. America is a country of extreme political segregation, and it's a shame that things have unraveled so badly. Instead of people trying to push their agenda to the federal government over the pleas of disagreeing citizens, citizens should spend time trying to get each other on the same side.
>>
>>51051388
They might do but the Niqab is still worn so they sure as shit aren't enforced.
>>
>>51053922
>Amusingly, anime - being from Japan and all - is aparently a negative purchase
Chinks hate Nips. Nips hate Chinks. Perhaps amusing, but hardly surprising.
>>
>>51076351
Its a little different for the middle states though. California gets 55 votes, while most of the middle ground states get less than 5. So while they can exert power over states like California and New York, it is only in rarer circumstances and usually requires swing states.
>>
>>51076528
The point is that they get more "electoral vote" per person. It makes sense that a state like California gets so many votes, because so many people live there.
>>
>>51076452
>Vanishingly small number of wearers, low criminality
vs
>popular youth subculture deeply associated with criminality
Ought to tell you why there's a difference
>>
>>51076572
It's okay, California is mainly Communist, not human.
>>
Please stop shitting up this thread about cyberpunk already
>>
>>51076684
Do people like you have literally no interest in fixing the country? What's your endgame. You clearly disagree with some opinion held by a larger-than-negligible portion of the population. Do you expect those people to just give up on their morals once you've yelled loudly enough? Shit is going to keep going south so long as people simply try to hold their opinions up higher than anyone else's. Spend some time learning how to negotiate compromise.
>>
File: illustratedguidetoguncontrol.png (275KB, 745x3141px) Image search: [Google]
illustratedguidetoguncontrol.png
275KB, 745x3141px
>>51076737
>compromise
This word doesn't mean "compromise" to the California liberal, anon. It means "give us what we want, and fuck you if you don't like it because we're doing it for your own good".
>>
>>51076688
Were you not here at the start of this thread?

>>51076219
>>51076351
Makes it easy to see why in a fair bit of cyberpunk/sci fi the US balkanises - such a big place, with a huge range of attitudes, needs, and environments, I can see why federally legislating pretty much anything would be tough, but leaving it all to state governments would cause problems with literally every boarder and moving across the country
>>
>>51076783
Not saying "all liberals are innocent unbiased peacemakers uwu", I think they've got just as much of a problem with "scream my opinion" with some added "thought police no mean words please" bullshit. But two wrongs don't make a right. If you want to fix things, you have to find people who really want to work towards compromise. And you have to figure out a way to help people who don't understand learn that they have to get ready to compromise.
>>
>>51076219
>The college exists so places like the "flyover states" in the middle of America aren't ruled over by people more than a thousand miles away from them.
It exists to Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Arizona and a couple of other states get to decide the election while the disenfranchised voters on the wrong side of declared "red" and "blue" states stay home or have their votes literally wasted.
>>
>>51076783
That has to be the most retarded image I've ever seen.
After seventy (or so) years of lobbying, America STILL has some of the most permissive gun laws around, and is still clearly not mature enough (as a nation) to have those guns.
Yeah, no shit you had the whole cake in the thirties. Now you have the gun equivalent of terminal diabeetus and are still whining for more cake.

When you can be dignified and sensible with your guns, like Switzerland, you should have lax gun laws. Until then, disarm and leave the fucking deer or whatever alone.
>>
>>51077008
>The Second Amendment is for hunting
Typical foreigner. Next, you're going to say something about tanks and drones.
>>
>>51077008
Passing those laws without putting any effort into helping people understand why things are changing has embittered people, though, which helps no one. We could have tried to explain the issue to everyone and get people thinking the same way, but instead we kept working only until we hit political majority and than enacted the new laws, to the chagrin of a large portion of the population.
>>
>>51077049
Those laws almost universally hurt law abiding citizens who have not and never will shoot another person in their entire life. The places with the worst gun crime have the harshest gun laws, because restricting firearm ownership is putting an unsanitary bandage over a festering wound. Clear out the gangs and the vast majority of gun crime stops. Take guns away from people who have never committed crimes with them and of course they'll be upset.
>>
>>51053922

To be fair. Nothing socially productive came from a neet. At least top 40 incentivizes people to keep fit and go to social functuons like a normal human being. Not be this shut in nerd who crawls out of their geekhole to feast on supple virgin cosplayer flesh

That was why until the south sea crisis hit hallyu was widely accepted because it was deemed socially acceptable.
>>
File: _65077559_us_gun_compared_624.gif (20KB, 624x329px) Image search: [Google]
_65077559_us_gun_compared_624.gif
20KB, 624x329px
>>51077098
>The places with the worst gun crime have the harshest gun laws

But that is patently untrue
>>
>>51077046
Out your money where your mouth is. Overthrow Trump.

Hell, I'd settle for an American "foreign adventure" with an ounce of moral character to it, instead of obscene resource grabbing.
>>
>>51077098
Not trying to really argue about gun control dude, my point is nobody's trying to figure out a solution everyone can agree on, everyone has their own perfect solution, and then everyone yells about which one will work best until someone yells loudest.

I won't argue about what the solution to gun control is, but it's frustrating that we went ahead and implemented one solution while a sizable portion of affected people directly opposed the idea. I would have so much preferred that people work together until everyone is convinced by a solution, and then that be implemented.
>>
>>51077175
It's almost impossible to legally own a firearm in the big cities in the US where most gun crime happens. Because most gun crime is perpetrated by gangs who really don't care about laws.
>>
>>51077179
>Overthrow Trump
Overthrow the guy who supports the right of the American citizen to defend himself. Yeah. That makes perfect sense.
>>
>>51077175
He probably means within the US. Chicago, D.C., Oakland and NYC have the most restrictive gun laws in the entirety of the US but also have the highest rate of gun homicides.

Of course cartel-ruled shitholes in South & Latin America are going to have greater capitas of death by gun, you might as well include Afghanistan and Somalia.
>>
>>51077206
A lot of dubious claims there, where's your source?

>>51077224
Only citizens who agree with him, you mean. Everyone else can be put on the register, or criminalized for "patriotic dissent".
>>
>>51076636
Either of those being relevant.

If the law states that you shouldn't be wearing a full face cover then you shouldn't be wearing a full face cover.

A law that works on the principle of some people being more equal than others is not a just law.
>>
>>51077204
A big problem is that any "solution" only really affects one side. Most people, even in the US, will never be on either end of a violent situation involving guns. People who don't own guns are unlikely to be directly affected by any gun laws in any way.
But people who have guns will be greatly impacted by them one way or the other. I'd personally lose about $3000 worth of antiques and heirlooms (Including one that my great-great grandpa gave to my great grandpa and so on down to me) and a couple thousand more in modern hardware if guns were suddenly banned here. My neighbor who is loudly anti-gun would not be impacted whatsoever, except that he wouldn't see me carrying so many locked carry cases around on the weekends.
>>
>>51077206
Almost as if there were extremely porous boundaries between them and areas where firearms are prevalent because muh freedums.
If firearms were hard to get ACROSS THE US like in most developed nations, there would be no such issue.
>>
>>51077251
>Everyone else can be put on the register, or criminalized for "patriotic dissent".
Where's YOUR source? Only people who think shit like that are the fundie Christians. I hate them, too, and view them as the most likely group to attempt to seize power in the event of anarchy. Hence, why I like the guy who wants me to keep my guns.
>>
>>51077283
Let me guess, you're unhappy that black people are overwhelmingly stop-and-searched too, right?
>>
>>51077289
I get your reasoning, but it doesn't quite reach all the way to the ground. I'm sure you wouldn't say the same about a law that prevents people from building meth labs? Even though the law "only affects them", I'm sure you'd want a say in the matter.

Plus, I don't agree with any gun control legislation that would take away an antique like that. I think mostly we'd like to see more restrictions in obtaining guns in the first place, bans on (big air quotes here) "dangerous guns" like the AR15, and more restrictive public carry laws. And more gun education and safety, culturally. Giving resources to people to help protect their guns from their children, for instance.

>>51077304
"Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"
>>
>>51077416
Nobody's perfect, anon. For the record, I fully support burning the American flag. Whenever, wherever, for any reason. Free country, right?
>>
>>51077224
>>51077428
>Trump supports citizen's rights!
>Here is a case where he clearly does not, and in fact wishes to implement laws that prevent citizens from expressing dissenting opinions.
>Pobody's Nerfect!

So anyway, like we were saying, overthrow Trump.
>>
>>51070058
still illegal
>>
>>51077416
Liberal here. My only concern on that is that firearms are practically required in a lot of rural areas in the US -- more as a practical defense against coyotes and tool for maintaining local animal populations than anything else.

So yes, I pretty much agree.
>>
>>51077416
>bans on (big air quotes here) "dangerous guns" like the AR15
Those already exist and are pretty universally retarded. A wood furniture .22 hunting rifle will put you down just as well as a scary black assault rifle. In fact, it's more likely to happen by an extremely wide margin. "Dangerous guns" are almost irrelevant when it comes to gun violence. Shitty little .22 plinkers and stolen pistols are the real weapons used in most gun crime. And if you think making pistols restricted would actually do anything, you're sadly mistaken. Tons of murder weapons are stolen (Maybe "stolen") from law enforcement. The FBI alone "loses" hundreds of firearms a year, and a significant number of weapons used in homicides have already been filed as evidence in previous firearm cases and then "lost".
>>
>>51077304
Not guy you're talking to, but I wouldn't recommend relying on guns as a deterrent against insurrection. The people typically backing insurrectionists can often afford better guns and more training.

That said, as a general deterrent to invasion via guerrilla warfare potential, its a good move, so I'm not saying it doesn't have some purpose.
>>
>>51077477
In the UK, you need a license to own a gun.

There's a reasonable fee, a test to show you know how to use it, a decent reason to have it, and demonstrating you have somewhere safe to store it.

Getting a shotgun is very very easy.
>>
>>51077481
Dangerous weapons laws are usually pretty dumb.
How do you feel about universal registration/licensing?
>>
>>51077008
America actually has a fair bit of wilderness, with actual wild animals and shit.

Plus, you know, a massive cultural attachment to guns, and a thriving production and trade network that would likely transition underground pretty well - see how much prohibition didn't work, and a lot of the sort of people who are in the firearm trade are exactly the sort who worry about their civil liberties and would make a concerted effort to keep up their being armed

>>51077289
Even in places with strict gun laws, antiques generally get given a free pass

But yes, there's no way a total ban could be anything other than a huge failure, and the huge resistance to... pretty much any involvement by the government (and a general dislike of anti-gun folk, who they don't want to be seen to "lose" to) means that there's basically no chance of the disagreement on the issue being calmed down by a moderate policy that wouldn't piss anything like as many people off.

And there's so many issues that work like this in the US
>>
File: america a avrage day.webm (3MB, 490x266px) Image search: [Google]
america a avrage day.webm
3MB, 490x266px
>>51076783
>that image
ok you want a whole cake,
but it's not really like that is it?
It's more like "I want a whole cake and everybody has to eat one as well"
followed shortly by "ooh my tummy hurts and what's a diabetes"

but whatever, feel free to keep shooting each other, it's good for developing procedures to deal with massive trauma victims.
>>
>>51077542
Where I live, all they do is a background check and a short waiting period. If you're buying a handgun, you have to have a "blue card" that requires taking a short test to prove that you aren't an idiot or having a state hunting license (Which also proves that you aren't an idiot, since that has its own safety test). Gun crime here is in the lowest 10 states in the country. The two states with the least gun crime have almost no gun laws whatsoever. One of them just recently repealed one of the only gun restricting laws it had.
>>
>>51077573
Registration and licensing only causes problems down the line. I support mandatory proof that you know how to safety handle guns in the form of a one-time test, but that's it.
>>
File: theywerephone.jpg (61KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
theywerephone.jpg
61KB, 400x265px
>>51077639
>only causes problems down the line
????
>>
>>51077614
Ah, what's your (and their) population, and population density like though?

Very easy to have no crime when there's fuckall people to rob or shoot, and if you're not all close to one another, pissing each other off a little every minute of every day.

That said, your state's laws seem pretty fair, got a safety check but not too much in the way of fuss.
>>
>>51077639
>Registration and licensing only causes problems down the line
What, having licence plates on your car causes problems?
>>
>>51077726
Yeah, they do. Every single attempt to mass ban guns started with registration. Leaks (And there are always leaks, because not everyone involved in the database will be as attentive or incorruptible as they should be) give burglars a perfect hit list, since stolen guns become premium items with more restrictive laws in place.
>>
>>51077775
It would if a significant number of people wanted the government to ban cars.
>>
>>51077343
Depends. Are they acting suspicious and are they more likely to be carrying something illegal?

Also I've been stopped and searched. I don't see what the problem is. It went like this.

>Anon, would you mind emptying your pockets
>Kay. Just let me take the knives and shit out first.
*place knives on wall*
*Get half hearted pat down*
*Put knives back in pocket*
>Okay, your good.
>No worries

And then we went our separate ways.
>>
>>51077748
My state is pretty dense. Vermont and New Hampshire are not dense for the most part, but even their dense areas have less crime than most states.
And Vermont just removed a ban on silencers. The ban had been put in place in the 20s to prevent poachers from sneaking around on other people's land, but it was pretty pointless and misguided, since a lot of that land was so wide that nobody actually needed slightly less loud guns to get away with it.
>>
>>51077874
>Kay. Just let me take the knives and shit out first.
Why do you walk around with a knive, anon?
>>
>>51077928
Not him, but I walk around with a sturdy knife because it makes a good tool. I've needed to cut, pry, and sometimes hammer random shit pretty often while hanging around with my friends.
>>
>>51077855
>>51077836
That's a pretty shallow argument. You can't claim that a law that does good but might provide a foothold for something else isn't worth pursuing. I get your point about databases being leak-able and dangerous to keep around though.

>>51077874
Sounds like you had a positive experience, but do you understand that a cop with a racial bias can make a big deal out of nothing if they want to? If a cop really wants to get someone arrested, they can do it. If the cap that searched you wanted you to get in trouble, they can make up whatever they want about needing to "test your knives against their database" or some shit. There's too much left to their personal judgement, and some of them are racially motivated to make lives hell for african americans.

>>51077928
Nothing wrong with that, but it makes it all the more frustrating that a cop could make a big deal out of it if they decided to.
>>
>>51077928
Work. Packaging and shit. It was lunch break and I was on the sandwich run.

It was a folding thing with a one sided blade at one end and a shaving razor on the other.
>>
>>51077855
How?

Literally all it does is give your state a rough idea of how many cars there are, and possibly where they are and who they belong to, if your state can be bothered to track that (do US cars have log books?)
>>
>>51077953
Registration rarely does good. Stolen guns are recovered or completely lost regardless of registration. Reporting a gun to the police as stolen is just as effective as it being registered, but without any of the potential downsides that a registry comes with.
Godwin's Law and all that, but the Nazis disarmed the Jews by registering and then confiscating their guns.
>>51078006
The DMV knows exactly who owns what because legally buying, selling, or transferring a car requires a title transfer that includes registration numbers. They know who owns what across the country.
>>
>>51077953
>Sounds like you had a positive experience, but do you understand that a cop with a racial bias can make a big deal out of nothing if they want to? If a cop really wants to get someone arrested, they can do it. If the cap that searched you wanted you to get in trouble, they can make up whatever they want about needing to "test your knives against their database" or some shit. There's too much left to their personal judgement, and some of them are racially motivated to make lives hell for african americans.

I won't argue with that because it's so true but that's more to do with the cop being an asshole than being a cop.

I have visited friends in prison and they were very, very officious in their duties. With me and nobody else for some reason.

I have also been detained in an airport for 4 hours because the metal detector kept going off due to the metal plate in my leg. This was after the London bombings and I was going Full Rasputin in the beard and had a tan.

As a general rule I work on the principle that they will get board of me long, long before I will get bored. I'm a very boring person with what must be a very suspicious looking face.
>>
>>51078042
Sorry that was my point, yeah. Not all cops are assholes, but some certainly are.
>>
Gun control in the US is, and has always been racist. It started with Jim Crow laws and continues its hardest in inner cities with majority black populations. There's a little more collateral now that they can't be openly biased, is all.
>>
>>51078032
>They know who owns what across the country.
That sounds like it'd be useful when it comes to something that might be used in a crime, like a getaway car, or a gun.

The Nazis did disarm "unreliables", but thanks the preceding Weimar republic(which had tight gun laws), not all that many were armed to begin with.

I feel you should also know that the "Nazi gun control theory" is listed as "counterfactual" on wikipedia - in case you want to change that or whatever
>>
>>51078126
Wikipedia is not a good source of information.
>>
>>51078126
Not if it's stolen it wouldn't. If the actual owner is the one who was using it (Because you can't check the serial numbers on a machine during a crime in progress) then you already know where they got it. If the thing was stolen and reported as stolen, then the registry does nothing because that fact was already known. If they got it from someone else, but didn't actually steal it, the registry does nothing because that person can still report it as stolen for the same effect.

Right now, with no registry whatsoever, I could report my rifle as stolen and give the police its serial numbers. Same as if there was a registry, except I need to provide the numbers. They might find it, they might not. Same as if there was a registry. Pawn and gun shops can't legally take it and have to report an attempted sale because those serial numbers are on the stolen list. Same as if there was a registry. If the police find it, I'm never seeing it again because it's evidence for the next billion years. Same with or without a registry.
>>
>>51078136
Not, but even if gave every german jew a gun, it still would not matter because there there was less than half million jews in Germany proper, and a shitload of then fleed the country once the Nazi regime started persecuting them, plus you need much more than small arms if you actually hope to fight against an industrialized nation.
>>
>>51078136
What are you, a primary school teacher?

But yes, I appreciate that it's open to be edited by anyone.
>>
>>51078287
That's not really the point. They disarmed people by registering them. Same as every modern country that disallows or heavily restricts gun ownership.
>>
>>51078238
If it'd be the same with or without, why not have one?

A car is a tool that's incredibly useful, but dangerous if used improperly - you need a licence to use one, with a proficiency test, and there's a registry so that should it become relevant, it is known who the owner is, and roughly where it should be, and most people consider all these "restrictions" fair and fine.
A gun is also a useful tool, why not treat it the same way?
>>
>>51078391
I've already said why not have one. The potential downsides far outweigh the marginal upsides.
>>
>>51078306
>They disarmed people by registering them.
Mate, by the same logic, government is spying on people through having birth certificates.
>>
>>51078415
Birth certificates don't get updated with your current address, don't trigger "random" searches, and don't say anything about what you own or where you own it. They don't even necessarily record your name, if you change it for whatever reason. All they show is where you were born and to what mother (And presumed father).
>>
>>51078306
By registering them do you mean the census?
Because they just continued to enforce the old law (no guns without a "reason to own" permit) and tacked a new one on - "you can't have guns if you're a jew", which doesn't require any extra registering
>>
>>51078412
>the marginal upsides
Did you include "will get all but the worst liberals to shut up about gun control" in those upsides?

Your reasons not to are "it won't help (probably)", "the Nazis made people register", and "leaks give burglars a hit list" (assuming: incompetence on the list holders, guns become much more premium, and that a burglar wants to try an armed house), right?
>>
>>51078550
>Did you include "will get all but the worst liberals to shut up about gun control" in those upsides?
I sincerely doubt it. If anything, it'll bolster them, since now the tools for disarmament are right there.

>that a burglar wants to try an armed house
Burglars try houses that are empty. Unless the owner was actually going to go shoot their guns somewhere, it's extremely reasonable to believe that the guns are right there in the house when the owner leaves. Incidentally, knowing which houses are armed means you also know which houses are not armed, which is a very bad thing for those living in the now clearly marked vulnerable houses. A registry won't improve police response times that are measured in tens of minutes or worse, and it won't change the fact that police don't have a duty to protect, only a duty to arrest the perpetrators.
>>
>>51078463
They had a jewish registry (which was measured by who their grandparents were and went as far as to require jews to add extra shit to their names and use specially marked passports) and had explicit laws that called out jews specifically as people who could not legally own firearms, ammunition, knives, or bludgeons and had to immediately turn in any they already had to the police.
>>
>>51078643
You guys need better police.

Or maybe they'd be better if they weren't hated so much?

Or, as this was ostensibly a cyberpunk thread, maybe privatised police?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfghLQE3F4&t=3s

And maybe the AFT (or whichever state-level division were to get the job) shouldn't leak so badly
>>
>>51078759
The ATF is only good for shooting dogs and pretending that their opinions have the weight of the law behind it.
>>
>>51078643
Actually, most guns used in crimes are bought either legally or illegally. Only a few are actually stolen.
>>
>>51078781
If you count "bought in a paper bag from the shady guy behind McDonalds" as bought illegally, sure. But all that really is is an extra step or two between the theft and the gun crime. They tend to cycle around. Someone steals a gun or has a gun they need to get rid of because it was used in a crime, so they sell it to a shady back alley type who then sells it on to someone who needs a gun to commit crime with.
>>
Man, fuck all the anti-gun city slickers here.
>>
File: drone farm 2.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
drone farm 2.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
>>51079026
Fuck flyover hicks, the faster farming is automated the better
>>
>>51079176
But all that would do is move the Mexicans along. The hicks wouldn't go anywhere.
>>
>>51079200
No hicks on corp farmland, just drones and the occasional troubleshooter team for breakdowns and trespassers.
>>
>>51079176
>less time spent farming
>can devote more time to shooting

Not bad.
>>
>>51076572
California does get a ton of votes, though. It gets the same guaranteed two votes that every state gets, plus 53 votes from population when some states like Wyoming get 1 population vote.

I do think a system where each county had an individual vote (or groups of counties for states without a large enough population to get one vote per county), like what Maine does, would alleviate the swing state problem without giving states like California complete control.
>>
>>51051152
>thinking cyberpunk cameras can be fooled by face paint.
>>
>>51055242
Canada's law is anti mask during rally/riots.

you can still wear one in public without the cops beating you down.
>>
>>51080037
Do you not get that this is unbalanced? If everyone moved out of wyoming except for 3 people, each one would literally get a vote of their own in the electoral college. If only one person lived there, he'd get three.
If you actually want disproportional representation, you should say that, but it isn't "the same vote."
>>
>>51056271
>2006
i wonder if that changed at all by now.
>>
>>51080534
>If everyone moved out of wyoming except for 3 people, each one would literally get a vote of their own in the electoral college. If only one person lived there, he'd get three.

They'd likely merge Wyoming with another state if that happened.

And it is disproportionate, and I do want that, yes. I understand it isn't 100% fair, but it's more fair than going off the popular vote. Rather than each citizen having a vote, each area has a vote, since we're a republic. There's no perfect situation here, but this is the compromise our founding fathers agreed on several hundred years ago back when opposing sides found it possible to compromise with each other, and I think it works fine enough. California still has a huge say, and it takes practically all the "flyover states" to band together and vote the same way to counter them.

California, as an area, gets a much larger say than the small states, but dividing it by area instead of by people still gives the small states representation. Neither side is completely satisfied but it's serviceable for all (except Hillary supporters who want to retroactively change the system now to make their candidate win).
>>
>>51056034
>Its why bank robbers wear surgical masks in China
that's fucking dope actually
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.