[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

card game trpgs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: faith core.jpg (55KB, 509x509px) Image search: [Google]
faith core.jpg
55KB, 509x509px
I read about thisg ame today called Faith, and apparantly you play it with a deck of cards, I was wondering are there any fantasy based trpgs that uses cards in addition or instead of things like dice? I'm looking for trpgs to play that use cards to play, can be a set of poker cards or maybe there own set of cards made specificly for the game itself.
>>
>>51050504
there have been a couple but mostly horrible all of them.

I am trying to create one but it is surprisingly hard.
>>
>>51051003

Well if you know some that are good, feel free to share, they don't have to be fantasy based, sci fi or another genre would also be good. What kind of game are you trying to make?
>>
>>51050504
Western games a-plenty that use Poker cards, and Dawn Command for something that's based more fully on the card mechanics. Really enjoy Dawn Command, and the setting that comes with it is pretty enjoyable as well.
>>
>>51050504
There's always Through The Breach. Is pic related any good?
>>
>>51051090

You mean phoenix dawn command? Just looked it up, it looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>51050504
Yeah, 4E DnD
>>
>>51051090
>>51051964

Dawn Command is really cool, yeah. I really love the 'death is levelling up' mechanic.
>>
>>51054953

lol

WHFRP 3e is much closer to what OP is talking about.
>>
>>51054953
Stop talking through your ass. The only cards that the game actually has are the Despair deck for when you go to the Shadowfell.
No, powercards don't count, they're just some shit you make for yourself. You could make similar ones for literally any other edition
>>
Savage Worlds with a fantasy setting is what you are looking for. Through the Breach entirely replaces dice with a card system but it has more of a weird west setting. I wouldn't rule out Deadlands either if you are in for weird west. I suppose that some games like Pathfinder use things like Farrow decks for some classes.

That is just for playing cards of course. Soemthing like WFRP 3E uses cards and a decent amount of other components.
>>
>>51050504
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, it's fucking great.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.