[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 30

File: alt bgg.png (912KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
alt bgg.png
912KB, 800x800px
Last thread:
>>50987345

Pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

What classic/essential games do you keep in your collection? Which fell flat with your group? What's in your collection that will be a classic in 5-10 years?

Most importantly what do you own that should be a classic, but just doesn't seem to get played/noticed enough to make it into the spotlight? We need more hidden gems /bgg/
>>
I've heard some people say that the additions to the Old World deck from the horned rat expansion are pretty shit.
Are the new spell/upgrade cards alright, or is playable skaven the only thing worth using.
>>
>>51046288
The new spell/upgrade cards homogenize the Powers and make Khorne OP. Only Skaven is worth using.
The Old World cards are also worth using, but in far less numbers than the rules say.
>>
>classic/essential
Cosmic Encounter, Avalon Hill Civilization, Pandemic, 7 Wonders

>potential classics
Kemet

>games that should be in the spotlight
as far as less-divisive games go in my collection, Quartermaster General. I picked that up a couple days ago and everyone who played yesterday was keen to play it again
>>
>>51046288
I like the Morrslieb decks better, they give you some playstyle flexibility, games can be won by all powers using diferent tactics instead of using the same overall strategy every single game.
Also Slaanesh (my favorite power) has a fighting chance now, he's not just an annoyance or a kingmaker anymore.
Old World decks can practically fuck an unlucky player out of the game, use wisely.
Skaven are fantastic, though a 5-player game can feel a bit cramped on the board. Nothing too bad tho.
People get salty because Khorne can now win via points and map control instead of mindless aggression. I like that. The points victories. And the salt.

>>51045320
>Classic
Power Grid, Cosmic Encounter, Catan, Carcassonne, WizWar
Is Pandemic a classic now?

If not
>Potential Classics
Pandemic, Targi, Neuroshima Hex, Splendor, Castles of Burgundy

>Hidden gems
Keyflower is not really hidden, but it won't get traction with the casuals
Biblios is great, but it's too light to be considered serious classic material
Viticulture's theme will never appeal to the cool kids
Helionox is the only rare thing I own , and it's a kickass deckbuilder that couldn't get enough attention to get an expansion/second printing.
>>
File: IMG_20170104_183746.jpg (313KB, 1000x1043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_183746.jpg
313KB, 1000x1043px
My kid's reaction was about as funny as my own...
Funnier was receiving the email today telling me the packages were on their way!

Now to find playe... ah, who am I kidding, I bought them just for painting anyway.
>>
Anyone have recommendations or a rec chart for team games, preferably 2v2, 3v3 or 2v2v2?
>>
>>51047889
>3v3 or 2v2v2?
Rex: Final Days of an Empire can be this along with 1v1v1v1v1v1.
>>
>tfw can't find pandemic legacy for under 40 bucks

Inb4 they discontinue it to make way for season 2
>>
>>51045320
>What classic/essential games do you keep in your collection?
Carcassonne, Pandemic, Cosmic Encounter, The Resistance: Avalon

>What's in your collection that will be a classic in 5-10 years?
Coup & Love Letter if they aren't considered that already, I'd also say Codenames will be regarded as a classic within a few years.

>Most importantly what do you own that should be a classic, but just doesn't seem to get played/noticed enough to make it into the spotlight?
I regularly shill for Valley of the Kings, best deckbuilder I've ever played for a number of reasons.
>>
>>51048084
Like what?
>>
>>51048084
>I regularly shill for Valley of the Kings, best deckbuilder I've ever played for a number of reasons.

>get the card that takes the lowest-costing card in the pyramid and entombs it
>pare deck down to that, offering table, three shabtis
They won't play again until I get an expansion.
>>
>>51048426
It's a relatively short game, starter cards aren't worthless trash, your deck ≠ your score, it forces interesting decisions (Do I score this card? keep it for its action/gold value? swap it? Do I swap a card in the pyramid to prolong the game or blow one up to screw someone out of an extra turn? etc), you can only see some of the cards to buy but also know a few which are coming up soon, things like that really set it apart from all the others I've played.

Also the theme is a plus for me but it's really superfluous to the game itself.

>>51048469
Kek, first class trolling there anon. Although they really shouldn't have let you whittle your deck down so low.
>>
>>51045320
I am Very Old, and had even older friends all those years ago when I was young, so I have a soft spot for some of the old, overly-complicated wargames that we used to play (because they're the ones I learned).

>Circus Maximus
>Panzer Division
>Starfleet Battles

And I'll always love my first board game crushes: the MB Master Series

>Fortress America
>Axis & Allies
>Shogun

I still keep Fortress America, original 1986 version that I bought new.

as far as new games are concerned, I think that Concordia doesn't get the love it deserves for being the elegant yet sophisticated gem it is.
>>
Legendary Predator vs Legendary Alien?

Which one?
>>
File: Flarechild.png (2MB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
Flarechild.png
2MB, 800x741px
>>51045320
Settlers of Catan/Munchkin - they're what started me on this journey, though I recognize they are bad games and cannot stand playing them.

BattleCON - it's a beautifully designed game whose simplicity and natural depth can only be described as elegance

Race for the Galaxy - It's an interesting game that continually stays fresh. Especially with drafting. It's a low skill floor with a pretty high skill ceiling. Drafting takes away a lot of the chance/variance.

>Which fell flat with your group?
Illuminati - the whole group agreed never to play it again.

Dead of Winter - I can't stand this, but some people in my group like it

Cosmic Encounter - I fucking hate this game so much. Everyone else likes it

Tales of Arabian Nights - Fuck this game, too.

>What's in your collection that will be a classic in 5-10 years
Magic?

No idea.

>what do you own that should be a classic, but just doesn't seem to get played/noticed enough to make it into the spotlight? We need more hidden gems /bgg/
BattleCON all the way. I feel it's almost criminal how little people know about it. It's the most intense 1v1 game I've ever played. There's virtually no chance, it's just you and the other guy making decisions. The *only* thing I don't like about it is some machups are unfair, though that's the exception.
>>
>>51050057
I lied. There's one other thing I don't like:
The game comes in a sealed box with so many characters. I would if the game came with a LCG distribution method. You buy a base game that comes with say 10 characters. Then there are supplemental packs you can swap cards out for or they have alternative art/abilities. I think that's part of the reason it's so small (no hype/customization).
>>
Congratulations anons, I need to get a deckbuilder to round out the collection a bit so Valley of the Kings it is. Baseball Highlights will have to wait a bit.
>>
>>51048080
Barnes and Noble, local one had 4 copies in sure they can pick and pack from whatever random store and deliver one to you.
>>
>>51045320
I think the only game that really bombed in my group was Marvel Legendary. The absolutely insane setup time was part of it, but there was also the complete lack of planning available in a 5 player game. A guy that showed up on your turn can escape by the time it gets back to you, the upgrades can be completely different, and so on. Even in a 3 player game there are some scenarios where you just lose no matter what. The last time we played we randomized everything, and ended up with the wounds scheme plus the hulk, who filled up our trade row at the start. We ended up losing after everyone had had like three or four turns. Plus the game itself just isn't that fun-- the heroes don't feel powerful and they're almost all just raw stats without anything that makes your deck feel unique.
>>
>>51050660
Personal recommendation: get Afterlife first.
>>
>>51050057
>Helionox
how do you draft rftg. is that variant on bbg ?
>>
>>51051062
People really buy those retarded Marvel games? How does it feel knowing their dick is so deep in your ass you can't even recognize a shit product anymore?
>>
>>51051246
Similar to Cube in Magic. Everyone gets a set of cards. They choose one and pass the stack. Then a new stack and repeat. And so on until everyone has a minimum number of cards. Those become your deck. Then you play as normal but each person has their own deck.
>>
>>51051318
here's your (you), /tv/ is that way >>>
>>
>>51051006
They sell it for retail and I'm a cheap bastard.
>>
>all the games in my cart going to 1 left in stock
>clicking buy left and right

This can only end in regret
>>
>>51045320
Axis and Allies 1940 Global Second Edition is fantastic for any dedicated strategy fan.

However, I've recently fell in love with Risk: Europe. It's set up to where the turns take much less time while still retaining interesting and thoughtful strategy. Definently recommend.
>>
Thoughts on imperial assault? Seems pricey, but looks fun. I'm digging the reskinned descent style. Never played descent, so considering starting here because of the star wars theme
>>
File: kys.jpg (796KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
796KB, 608x1070px
>>51051626
>defending marvel legendary
>>
>>51052524
its cool, but would only recommend if you really like SW
>>
>>51052524
It's ok, shares many of Descent's problems though. Bonus is you get s pretty good 2p skirmish game as well.
>>
>>51052550
>thinking he gives 2 shits about capefags and their arbitrary lines about which children's cartoon character who wears their underpants on the outside is better
No ones cares but you /tv/. Not even /co/ cares as much as you.
>>
>>51053055
I don't know what you're on about, Marvel Legendary really is garbage.
>>
File: Core Worlds set.jpg (332KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
Core Worlds set.jpg
332KB, 672x672px
>>51050660
If you like Sci-fi and are looking for an excellent Deck Builder - pic related...
>>
>>51053091
It's fairly obvious that Anon is mocking the other Anon's 'KYS' level of 'Ass-pained' over someone liking a board game. It's on par with the OMG you play... Munchkin / Talisman / (Stop liking what I don't like) 8 year old levels of histrionics that routinely crop up in these threads. I don't have any problem with someone who can form a cogent argument about what / why they dislike a given game, but the "I don't like it - therefore it's shit" argument that is routinely trotted out is for mental midgets and utterly fails to help those new to board games find better alternatives.
>>
>>51053269
>claims to want to help people find good board games
>refuses to acknowledge that marvel legends is shit
holy fuck dude, you're not doing anyone favors either. the game is bad. ya, that guy is overly angry but its 4chan, wtf do you expect. you're not helping anyone by shilling for a bullshit game. marvel legends does nothing well and is a blatant attempt to cash in on a popular ip and popular game mechanic. the game is absolute trash and no one would ever dare mention it here if it wasn't for marvel fanboys who want to circle jerk about anything with a superhero's face on it.

you're calling other people "mental midgets" but your whole argument is just that someone is buttmad. do you have any reason that marvel legends should not be shit on? if not then shut the fuck up, and if so share it so people can make informed decisions.

fucking christ why do people like you just have to turn everything into a shitstorm instead of just sharing their opinions? you are as much the problem as anyone else in this particular situation.

Now to practice what I've preached, for anyone who gives a fuck: Marvel Legends just takes mechanics from other games and jams them together with pictures of superheroes on the cards. there is no depth to the game, all the heros abilities are boring, and the way they sell expansions is one of the most obvious money grabs in the entire industry. if you're one of the circle jerking fanboys you'll probably like it cuz it has superheros on it, so fine go ahead and like what you like. If the theme alone is not enough for you then you absolutely should avoid Marvel Legends as they put very little thought into the design of the game because they knew they didn't need to. There are lots of good games available in its genre and, other than the theme, there is nothing that Marvel Legends does better than those games.
>>
>>51053427
just realized i called it marvel legends the whole time. fuck me
>>
>>51053203
Someone else knows this game? I kind of figured I was the only one. Which is a shame, because it's honestly the best deckbuilder I've ever played.
>>
>>51053525
We all know what it is and frankly most of us into deckbuilders think the draw-pile mechanic is trash and Core Worlds does nothing to alleviate this.
>>
>>51051062
I'd recommend giving Legendary Encounters a try. It fixes a number of the original Legendary's problems, gives you starting cantrips which helps you differentiate your deck from the get-go, and adds in cards you can use to help other players to avoid the "multiplayer solitaire" element a lot of deckbuilders have.
>>
>>51053546
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that. What's the issue?
>>
>>51051919
Not at all anon
>>
File: DnD_AdventuresSystemBoxes.jpg (977KB, 1453x1629px) Image search: [Google]
DnD_AdventuresSystemBoxes.jpg
977KB, 1453x1629px
Do you guys think we'll ever get another game in this series? The last one was two years ago.
>>
>>51053427
Wow, do you fail at reading!

1. I've made ZERO claims about the Marvel Legendary system. I simply pointed out why others were mocking 'Mr. Butthurt'.

2. I pointed out that "Whaaa! Stop liking what I don't like!" is a moronic screed that helps no one.

3. "sharing their opinions" - people here some to have the retarded idea that their own opinions = fact. Yet they can't manage to formulate an intelligent position on something.

4. After pissing and moaning for 3 clueless paragraphs you *FINALLY* manage to come up with something that might clue a new gamer into why they might not want to buy the Marvel game. Bravo!
>>
>>51053810
Are any of those worth getting?
>>
>>51053913
this is the most 2eddit post I've seen all day. if you're looking for people to be nice, go back there, sport. otherwise try contributing to the thread rather than just shitting it up. this site is anonymous, you gain nothing from defending yourself like this. i know its hard for you plebbitors to understand, but once you do we'll all be better off. so, do you actually have any opinions on board games you'd like to share? or did you come to this thread to do literally nothing but whine like a whore that didn't get paid?
>>51053928
They're alright, pretty much straight dungeon crawlers, full co op not 1vall or anything. I've mainly played Ravenloft and its actually kind of challenging.
>>
>>51054315
I like neuroshima hex, it's a war theme but doesn't use models and uses an interesting battle system where you place a bunch of dudes on the map aiming various directions, then eventually someone draws and plays a "start a fight" tile and all the dudes attack in initiative order
>>
>>51047889
> What doesn't count
Games with politics, backstabbing, unknown teams or hidden traitor mechanics, 1vMany.

Games:
> Cyclades
2v2, 3v3 or 2v2v2. Symmetric roles.
> StarCraft
Team play variant. Symmetric roles (differen races)
> Captain Sonar
team vs team, different roles
> Space Cadets: Dice Duel
team vs team, different roles
> Code Names
team vs team, party game
> Sails of Glory
technically works with literally any count
> Quartermaster General
Team vs team, n vs m | 1 >= n >= m >= 3
> Last Night on Earth
Usually a 1vMany game but can be played as team vs team with 6 or 4 players (2v4 or 2v2)
> Duel of Ages II
Duel of Ages II should fit the bill pretty well and can work with uneven player numbers if people are willing to manage more characters, has enough strategy and management involved to be considered complicated (highly variable character powers and stats, characters relying on using ranged weapons which need to be picked up and most likely traded) and also scales up to 8 players, 16 with the expansion. I believe it's currently OOP (pretty sure the Master Set is and boy is that an expansion and a half) but I imagine there will be another print run sometime this decade as the designer is working on another expansion
> 1775: rebellion
2v2
> 1812: The Invasion of Canad
3v2

Too lazy to check the counts/verifya
> Arena of the Planeswalkers
> Heroscape
>>
>>51052524
Played it a bit with my friends and loved it.
>>
>>51054315
Duel of Ages II, Cave Evil: Warcults is a close second

DoA2 is a truly unique board game which is part adventure and part wargame that involves a lot of area control due to all of the different objectives to acquire VP, feels like a mix of MOBAs (with regards to the fact there's 48 characters which are randomly selected, and another 144 in a single expansion which mostly have a mix of crazy abilities) and Jagged Alliance 2

Warcults is the best thematic wargame I've ever played, the art is black metal as fuck
>>
Got surprised today: there was a copy of Twilight Imperium in my local shop. Never noticed the damn thing, and the shopkeeper told me they've had it in stock for more than 2 years. 99€ the thing, it's fucking huge.
>>
>>51054465
There's an app for it which some say is superior to the board game, haven't used it so can't say if that's really so.

That said the game is really good.
>>
Got New Angeles to the table last night with 5, but I was a little dissapointed. Between the slightly easier "first time" setup and the way secret objectives dealt out, everyone's competitive side felt a little muted. A weird number of propsed deals went through without any counteroffer. We still nearly lost as a whole due to threat, but as a whole the entire affair was almost. . . friendly.
Hopefully a second play with the same people will be better.

>>51054683
a best - but try and get it cheaper
>>
>>51054315
I'm a fan of OGRE and they're coming out with a new large format edition as well as a line of plastic minis. You may also be able to find copies of the classic 'pocket edition' that was reprinted a while back - price $3. As for other war games you might like - I'd agree with the other Anon's suggestion of Neuroshima Hex. You might also Small World which hides the fact that it's a war game so it's easier to get non 'war gamers' to try it. And I'd point you to Heroes of Normandie - a 'light' WWII game with great artwork to boot. As for Catan, it's not as popular as it once was, due to games with better mechanics having been out for a long time.
>>
File: it fausts panzers.jpg (315KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
it fausts panzers.jpg
315KB, 1024x633px
>>51055033
>Heroes of Normandie
Seconded, though it's not a hex map. Fantastic light wargame.
>>
>>51053427
Out of curiosity, do you have a deckbuilder that you like enough to recommend anon?
>>
>>51054975

It is friendly, in a sense. As long as you meet your individual goal, you don't give a flying fuck how well the other players do.

That said, if anyone in your group lost (which is likely) they fucked up by not holding the game hostage. After all, it's better to lose together (or to just the traitor) than it is to lose to other players.
>>
>>51056244
Yeah, everyone but one guy way in the back felt pretty confident they had it in the bag, but he should have been milking us dry to not tank the game, especially with threat so close.
>>
Has anyone played The Mushroom Eaters? I was about to order Cave Evil: Warcults and was thinking about whether or not I should grab that as well.
>>
>>51055556
Not that Anon, but generally Dominion is still considered to have the most depth and best balance. Most people who dislike it or like other games more knock is specifically because it has weak theme and/or lacks direct interaction, but I've never heard someone say that anger deckbuilder actually does what dominion is good at better than dominion.
>>
>>51057021
Was mostly asking to gauge whether the anon actually hates Legendary, or hates deckbuilders in general, since most of them borrow a lot from Dominion, and can feel pretty samey once you've played enough of them, though exceptions do exist.
>>
>>51057021
Core Worlds guy here - Dominion is good. It just never clicked with me. I played it once and it was 'OK' but I have zero urge to every play it again. That said, mechanically / rules wise - it's well designed and I've suggested it to other gamers looking for deck builders on more than one occasion.
>>
>>51057158
The base set can definitely be boring if it's not your first deckbuilder, but the game opens up a lot with expansions. I would probably never want to play just the base set again, but if someone asked me to play any other set on its own I'd probably say yes.
>>
>>51057021
I think it's because Dominion limits what you can do in a turn based on Actions and Buy, and makes acquiring Victory points actively detrimental to the health of your deck. Almost all the follow-the-leader games completely ignored those vital tradeoffs you have to make, which is why they're never going to be as good.

I think that's why I like Core Worlds so much. Everything you do is limited by actions and energy, so you have to make tradeoffs and choices. It's the same reason I like Eminent Domain - you can't go on purchasing sprees, and if you're not careful with your turns your enemies will piggyback off of you to victory.
>>
>>51057021
This is why Trains is my favorite deckbuilder atm, it doesn't do anything truly "better" than Dominion, but the addition of a board as a focal point and interaction between players makes it more of a game and less of a solo activity.
>>
>>51058309
The "trade row" or whatever it's called is also worse than a kingdom in almost every way. To make it so every card is buyable they have to homogenize abilities and kill any sort of combos or otherwise creative deckbuilding-- having a kingdom means if a card without any synergizing pieces shows up, you can just... buy other cards in the kingdom that game. It also just lets you formulate an actual strategy instead of just buying whatever the card with the most raw stats on it is available at the time.
>>
>>51054502
Much appreciated
>>
>>51060224
No worries. I've been trying to collect a list of team games for myself and decide what to buy. I have enough of FFAs.
>>
Or maybe I'll ask here as well.

>>51059499
Been thinking about getting Doom BG 1st Ed lately as I've found a seller nearby at an affordable price, but remembered new version came out lately.

Could anyone who has played both describe differences and say which one he finds better?
>>
>>51060457
Unfortunately since the 1st Edition of Doom came out in 2004 (13 years ago) you're unlikely to run across anyone here who has played both. You *might* be able to find either rules pdf's of both versions or perhaps and ancient youtube review / how to play video of 1st edition instead to find what has changed.
>>
>>51060086
As a fan of core worlds, I can still easily see where this could be a deal breaker for some deck builder fans.

> buying whatever the card with the most raw stats on it is

(But sometimes I just WANT the 'Biggest Bastard' card in the game. => )
>>
>>51046288
>>51046502

I find that the new spells/upgrade cards actually make Tzeentch into a much better faction and easier to win with compared to the base set cards.
>>
>>51060086
Ah, yeah, I can see that. I thinklst halfway decent deckbuilders manage to make it work anyway - Core Worlds, for example, has a lot of card synergies that reward making a strategy rather than just picking up whatever costs the most energy.

That's one reason I really like Eminent Domain, though. The planets might be random, but you know what the Sciences are and what the Role cards are, so you get to decide what you're going to build towards.
>>
>>51053810

Uhhh isn't Temple of Elemental Evil part of that system as well? They're just using the 5th edition D&D logo and font on it I think.
>>
>>51060457

I actually replied to your thread btw
>>
>>51062623
Oh I didn't notice the reply there but did here.

I've read up the manuals and watched few videos and I think I'll settle for the new version. The biggest differences I see are the exploration in original, as in you add map pieces when marines go through map and the whole map being built from start in the new version and the simplification of dice/attack rules in the new version (in its favor imo from what I read). The new figurines seem to look better too.

On the other hand the guy IS selling the base+exp for ~$100 and I wonder if I should get it just to keep it for next ten years, as it seems to be in pretty good condition from pictures.
>>
>>51062688

Well if it's both base set and expansion then sure that's not too bad. Might even rest easy knowing that the older version of Doom board game will probably have some rarity to it and possibly have value in the long future.

Though mind you, WHY NOT BOTH?
>>
Any game nights tonight lads?
>>
>>51056977
>Has anyone played The Mushroom Eaters?
Anyone? I'm still trying to decide if I should get it.
>>
>>51062803
The expansion alone has ridiculous value for the old version, they didn't print nearly as many copies of that as they did the base game.
>>
>>51064198
Still the same person, so ~$100 for both in what I can tell is good quality is a steal?
>>
File: you tell me anon.png (84KB, 670x273px) Image search: [Google]
you tell me anon.png
84KB, 670x273px
>>51064268
>>
>>51064362
Well shit, I'm not in US so I'm just converting the currency but I didn't bother with checking ebay.

I'm mailing the guy tomorrow.
>>
>>51048685
>Kek, first class trolling there anon. Although they really shouldn't have let you whittle your deck down so low.
This was game two, they didn't know.
>>
>>51065608
would have been even funnier if you had gotten both copies.
>>
What would you guys recommend for 3 player games? ~Medium weight

I'm already thinking about Dominion and Kemet. Might pick them both up.
>>
Any reason to take neuroshima hex 3.0? I heard it has better quality pieces / board but diminished features compared to previous edition(s)
>>
>>51067252
Diminished features?
As far as I know it's exactly the same game, and it just got a graphic overhaul. Both editions are totally compatible.
>>
Does Pandemic Legacy make original Pandemic pointless? I mean is it the ultimate Pandemic experience, not just a somewhat different one?
>>
>>51067616
You could potentially play a normal game of Pandemic with the Legacy components, so in that sense the game is redundant. However, since you'll be modifying the board you may want to have a regular copy as well in case you crave the base experience.
>>
>>51067616
I'm halfway through the campaign, and I have to say I'm not really impressed. Yeah, every little thing that gets added sets a unique, distinct path that modifies the board state, changes objectives, adds perks or disadvantages, that makes each campaign impossible to duplicate... but in the end it is a matter of playing the same game in 12 variations and different levels of aggravation. I don't see my group completing the campaign, we're losing interest already.
>>
>>51053810
Can you mix those games and play with more than 4 people? One friend has drizzt and another one has wrath of. Only problem i could see is seeing a difference between their cards if they want to split the games again. Not really hard just tedious.
>>
>>51068239
>I'm halfway through the campaign, and I have to say I'm not really impressed. Yeah, every little thing that gets added sets a unique, distinct path that modifies the board state, changes objectives, adds perks or disadvantages, that makes each campaign impossible to duplicate... but in the end it is a matter of playing the same game in 12 variations and different levels of aggravation. I don't see my group completing the campaign, we're losing interest already.
I heard either here or from that YT Hobbit famous for hating Cry Havoc that Risk is better, not because the game is better, but because the permanent changes are the result of player agency rather than Pandemic Legacy's almost fixed schedule of changes.
>>
>>51063893
I own it and have owned it for a while, but unfortunately I still haven't had the chance to play it with the right group of people, sorry anon
>>
File: IMG_3723.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3723.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>51052524

A lot of fun, cleaned up some of the issues with Decent! Likes others have said, if you like Star Wars it makes it that much better, of course.
>>
>>51066616
if you don't mind that it's OOP and still at a somewhat reasonable secondary market price apart from one set, look into Nightfall which is a deckbuilder with heavy player interaction, much more brutal than Dominion. I've had a lot of fun 3 player games with that
>>
File: IMG_3744.png (206KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3744.png
206KB, 300x300px
>>51045320

>>Random board game suggestion
Dungeon Quest! Easy, fast, no skill but a lot of fun!
>>
>>51070534
Do you regret buying it at all? It seems so unique I think I'm going to order it with my Warcults order.
>>
>>51071877
not at all, I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull it out and I believe it'll happen sometime this year, it's the most unique game in my collection
>>
My parents have all the good "classics" i.e. Cluedo, Scrabble. I've got Carcassonne, Fury of Dracula, Forbidden Island, Tales of The Arabian Nights
>Which fell flat with your group?
not with my group, but my parents were kinda lukewarm to Forbidden Island
>What's in your collection that will be a classic in 5-10 years?
One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Shadow Hunters aaaaand let's say the Thunderbirds co-op game
>what do you own that should be a classic, but just doesn't seem to get played/noticed enough to make it into the spotlight?
Saboteur, Braggart, Ninja Burger: Secret Ninja Death Touch Edition, Guillotine and anything made by Gregory Carslaw
>>
>>51072091
Well that settles it. I'm about to order Warcults and Muchroom eaters. I wish I had found out about Cave Evil before it was too late to get the original. It goes for so much now.
>>
should i hold on to talisman 4th ed due to the gw/ffg split happening? i've got the base and like 5 expansions but i'm utterly bored with it
>>
>>51072106
the original Cave Evil is an amazing 4X-ish experience which has much more emphasis on eXtermination than the rest, I just wish more people could own it IRL but the TTS mod is pretty good

if Psycho Raiders is still available pick that up as well, by far the most suspenseful and Ameritrashy horror game I've played and it's immensely satisfying being able to win as the victims knowing that the game is intentionally unbalanced in favour of the killers. Nate Hayden is a real gem of a designer
>>
File: Talisman Cover 2nd Ed.jpg (61KB, 366x500px) Image search: [Google]
Talisman Cover 2nd Ed.jpg
61KB, 366x500px
>>51072116
I have the older 2nd Edition, and we pull it out maybe once every couple of years if that for nostalgia. But if you have the newer edition and it's just sitting around and are bored with it, I'd probably sell it while FFG / GW frenzy is hot. Talisman isn't exactly the height of gaming mechanics by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>51071520
>cleaned up some of the issues with Decent!
Which ones? SW setting turns me off but it might be worth incorporating some changes into Descent.
>>
>>51064198
Hey, guy from the other thread. Have you opened Saboteur?
>>
How are Pandemic expansions?
>>
>>51072497
I don't know about the expansions but if you're looking for a different way to play Pandemic, you might want to consider Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu.
>>
Does anyone know how to get Onitama at normal price when you are Yuropoor?
>>
>>51072405

Ahh Talisman 2nd edition..I have had it since it came out. we also pull it out every couple of years for the same reasons. It's like that old dog that doesn't do anymore tricks and just won't die but you share a lot of nice memories and with him and would feel terrible to put him down.

Will never get rid of my Talisman 2nd.
>>
>>51072520
interesting, but all Lovecraft themed games I've seen don't have too enticing art, in fact Cthulhu Fluxx is probably the one that's been done the best and that is not saying much.

I just wonder how much content and variety do expansions add.
>>
>>51072795
I personally don't have any problem with the art (especially the tarot cards with the Old Ones, they are pretty good), it's not among my number one reasons for the game anyway.
I was just speaking about the Cthulhu variant because the mechanics are different (the "diseases" don't spread anymore but there are still chains due the Old Ones having an effect on the game.

For example, you can have a game where you have a Shoggoth you've been ignoring to get the objectives done quicker that's going inside a portal after you draw the wrong card, and you have to turn around the next Old One card which happens to be the one where each player is supposed to put a Cultist token on his place or lose a SAN token. Considering the team is pretty worn down already but there are quite a bit of Cultists in the resever, one of the players has to put a token on his place but the place is already full of cultists so no token appear and instead you reveal the next Old One, which forces the players to put a cultist on each of the four portals. One of the portal already has 3 Cultists so you reveal the next Old One, which happens to be Azathoth and you have to reduce the Cultist reserve by 3 and you're down to 3 remaining. Sadly, by turning over 3 Old Ones, the invocation rate goes from 2 to 3 and you have to place 2 other Cultists on the map. You down to 1 Cultist. Unfortunately, the next player had become mad not so long before and can only do 3 actions, which do not allow him to kill more than 1 cultist. Nobody can help him with a card because Yog-Sothoth is in play and you can only play Relic cards during your turn. The invocation phase arrives, but there's only one cultist in the reserve. The game is over.

I'm barely exaggerating.
>>
>>51073133
That actually sounds like it surpasses Arkham portal mechanic in a simple, elegant and intelligent way. I mean mental (if you chose to look at old ones in that way) and physical sickness go hand in hand.
>>
File: 1265655.png (424KB, 608x442px) Image search: [Google]
1265655.png
424KB, 608x442px
>>51073162
I'm speaking like this because I really like the game but I've been playing it a bit too much in succession since I bought so we've become a bit "too" good at it (me and my friends won rather easily the other day on the first try while the first time I got my hands on it caused me and my gf to lose like 7 times out of 8 if I remember) so I'm refraining from using it too much.

It's also not that expensive (not sure in dollars but it's around 40 euros here) and it's pretty much the same aspect and concept than the original because the mechanics and character abilities are different compared to the original game so I rec'd it because I thought it would give a fresher (or fouler, cause Lovecraft stuff) breath of air compared to adding an extension to a pre-existing game.
>>
>>51073291
Could be, yes. Would you say both Pandemic and Cthulhudemic rely too much on "lol you're dead now" RNG mechanic?
>>
>>51073442
Actually it's been a long time since I last played Pandemic but the good part about Pandemic is that even its RNG factor is minimal because you can somehow control the random aspect at some moments (skip a spread phase, look at the first 4 cards of the stack, but also the cards that cause the game to accelerate)

The main difference between Pandemic and the Cthulhu variant is that the latter introduce an actual RNG element: a die. ("OH MY GOD A DIE IN PANDEMIC WTF IS THIS SORCERY")
This die is the main factor that will deal with your SAN points. You toss it whenever the game tells you, if you're lucky nothing happens, if you're not, well shit. It goes like this: each character has 4 SAN points at the beginning of the game, can recover but cannot gain more. The die is a d6 with the following:
>2 "nothing happens" faces
>2 Delirious faces (lose 1 SAN)
>1 Psychotic face (lose 2 SAN)
>1 Paranoid face (place 2 cultists on your location)

If you have an extreme hatred for RNG stuff, you'll probably consider avoiding the game but I think the die adds some welcome unpredictability that still doesn't unbalance the game and doesn't overthrow tactics unless something very specific happens (your character lose his ability due to losing his last SAN token).

I'm not sure exactly what "lol you're dead now" means but Pandemic is a game where an element you've overlooked often comes back later and stabs you in the back, often making you lose complete control, and the variant doesn't change that, especially since there are more ways to lose the game.
>>
File: Jack_of_all_Trades.jpg (1MB, 1244x1992px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_of_all_Trades.jpg
1MB, 1244x1992px
Here are some questions to get the discussion going on.

Have you bought any digital versions of board games?
Which ones?
Do you own physicals copies of those games?
>>
>>51072643
Proxy the shit out of it.
>>
>>51072497
If you enjoy Pandemic, On the Brink is a must-have. New roles, nw events, 5th player, bioterrorist, legendary difficulty, mutation events, virulent strain. Add as little or as much content as you please to vanilla Pandemic, it's a lot of variety in a single pack.
In the Lab adds a minigame to find cures, it's a fun variant, but not as appealing to me and it doesn't feel like such a good value imho.
Dunno about the rest.
>>
>>51072643
Try amazon.uk, it's on there for £30
>>
>>51074554
>This seller does not deliver to France
>>
>>51069870
Yeh, script is pretty much fixed, so once you've played through it, you'll know exactly what to expect in any given month. It's still Pandemic, it's still fun, the tension is good, though if you play poorly the campaign can start spiraling out of control and you'll end up having much harder games. My game group just sort of started not caring too much for what's coming next (august).
>>
>>51074601
Sorry anon, I know that feel, I have to have friends/family who go to France bring me home games because Amazon.fr sellers do not deliver to the US.
>>
>>51074651
wut?
you're being sarcastic, right? I mean, I know the boardgame scene in France is breddy gud, but what could you possibly find there that's not available in the US? Germany, I'd get.
>>
>>51074651
I found another one on another site but I think I'll try to buy whenever I go to Japan again.
>>
>>51074695
Iello editions of For Sale and Diamant, not available in the US due to Eagle-Gryphon's license.
>>
>>51074795
I know EGG is not very well liked, but is the quality of the games itself any different from Iello's?
>>
File: diamant.jpg (295KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diamant.jpg
295KB, 1024x768px
>>51075072
Oh yeah, the art for both is vastly improved (no surprise there, Iello is moving near the top on art) but take Incan Gold v Diamant. EGG version is just a couple decks of cards (for going vs staying, and encounters), a few folded card tents (for hiding your gems), and a pile of green/black/yellow gems. Compare that to the Iello Diamant that released last year. A literal board with round markers that close off paths, instead of a set of cards you flip, pawns in addition to your stay/leave cards, so you know who's still in the temple by looking at the room cards, nicer quality gems that look like something you want to collect, freaking treasure chests that you can close made of heavy cardboard, not playing card stock, hell there's even a turn order aid in the same thickness as the board (wish I'd known this and waited for the UK edition, I don't speak French).
>>
File: incangold-game-pieces.jpg (58KB, 570x438px) Image search: [Google]
incangold-game-pieces.jpg
58KB, 570x438px
>>51075230
EGG edition of Incan Gold to compare against.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 996x550px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 996x550px
>>51075251
>>51075230
For Sale differences, the Iello box is also quite a bit smaller, and the cards are french tarot instead of standard playing cards, which makes it a pain to sleeve, but nicer to look at.
>>
>played blood rage about 5 times
>invite a guy that never played blood rage before
>first game hes like "this is pretty neat guys" and was 3rd
>second game he completely obliterates us (me anothe the other 2 that played it before)
>meanwhile I still have no idea what are good plays
how do you play bloodrage?
>>
>>51075544
I drink and feast and drink and fight and drink and get on a longboat and drink and raid and drink and pillage and drink and fight some more.
>>
>>51075668
well I was hung over the next day so the drinking went right.

So I think my problem is with fighting and longboating and raiding and pillaging.
>>
>tfw moved into a new city with no friends
>want to play board games but no one to play with
Is Evolution (pic related) good for two players? At least I can play with my fiancee I guess.
>>
>>51076417
>pic related
a nonexistent copy isn't fun for anyone anon
>>
>>51076417
evolution: the beginning was made with two players in mind and is a streamlined version of evolution. if you're not looking for a lighter game then it probably isn't for you though
>>
What's the most expensive game you own?
>>
>>51078172
In 24 minutes it'll be Kingdom Death: Monster.
>>
>>51078172
in 24 minutes
1864 dollars for KD
after that if you count miniatures. probably warhammer 40k for like 600 or more euro.

if we talking actual boardgames i am not sure.
i have tamsk and chaos in the old world that jumped in price
the horus heresy boardgame was probably the most expensive at retail
>>
>>51078172
price of what you paid for it or what it currently goes for?
>>
>>51078732
Either or

>>51078365
Jesus Christ anon I hope it's worth it
>>
>>51078172
1st edition Descent with all expansions. Around 300€.
>>
>>51078732
>>51078365
okay let me put this in perspective.

i got the satan pledge which was 1666. after those ran out you could get frogdog pledge for 2000 and even those ran out. so he just made an all in pledge that was 2500$ which is a bit cheaper then what you would pay if you added all items separately.

now. i am only talking about the kickstarter prices. the RETAIL prices are about 50% more expensive.
so that would be like 5000$ if you would buy everything at a later date. and even that is lowballing it.

and even though i had the all in pledge i needed to add another 120$ for crossover miniatures. and i added another set of dice and rulebook so i have a spare.

thing is. i am also a miniature painting hobbyist. and have been eyeing this game for a year now.
>>
Why are boardgames so expensive?
>>
>>51078985
>how does supply and demand work
>>
>>51078985
Niche hobbies that concern people with lots of disposable income are always expensive
>>
>>51074167
I have all of the Dominion Expansions online. It was cheaper than buying them physically and I can play with people long distance, plus games don't take too long. At this point, I don't think I'll ever play a physical game of dominion again (though the new client is trash). I own a couple expansions irl, but most of them I've only played with digitally.

I also own Agricola which I do not personally own in person but had played several times before I got it. It's a nice enough app, but I definitely prefer the physical version.

When I got Agricola I also bought a bundle with a bunch of other games. Some of them are garbage: nightfall and the penny arcade deckbuilder come to mind as being complete trash, but that's because the games themselves are awful anyways. Lords of Waterdeep is... okay, but I deleted it for space anyways because i rarely played it-- I've never played it in person either.

I have the free version of Ascension, and I'm not a huge fan (also something I've never played in person). However, I DO have the paid version of Star Realms, which I prefer the physical version of but also very much enjoy the app.

I impulse bought the Eclipse app. I like it a lot, but it definitely makes me want to play the physical version.
>>
>>51079115
Don't know tell me.
>>
>>51078985
Fookin' French Bankers...
>>
>>51045320
wish there was a way to play munchkin online desu. was supposed to meet up with friends today, but snowed
>>
>>51079259
>I want to play munchkin
Might want to keep that to yourself around here.
>>
>>51079259
Tabletop simulator works, but you'd all have to buy it on steam.
I've heard Vassal can do it, but I've never tried it myself.
>>
>>51079259
Why online. Half the fun is the interaction. Also its loose rules are a bitch to uphold online without some aspie ragequiting the room
>>
>>51079328
never heard of vassal. is it free?
>>51079363
for moments like this where i'm bored off my ass and snowed in. some good AI could make it at least decent
>>51079294
why's that?
>>
>>51079451
Because it's a terrible game.
I mean, you can still technically have fun with it if your friends are entertaining people, but then what the hell do you need the game for? It's got basically no interesting decisions to make, no strategy beyond "fuck the guy in first place", and takes way longer than is justifiable for something so simple. Snakes and Ladders is only marginally less of a game and takes way less time, play that.
>>
>>51079572
that's just like, your opinion man
i've enjoyed it each time i've played it
>>
>>51079612
A simple enough mind can enjoy poking dirt with a stick indefinitely. His fun isn't "wrong" in any objective sense, but it definitely tells you something about him.
>>
>>51079612
It's a pretty popular opinion here, from what I've seen. You do you, but be informed that you could catch shit for it. Try not to engage it if that happens.
>>
>>51079612
I've enjoyed it many times, but have largely out grown it. It is a game where the 'in jokes' quickly become stale, the mechanics and how the game plays out become very 'samey' - as the other anon the person in 2nd place usually wins, and it takes a long time to do what better games do in a fraction of the time.
>>
>>51079612
Nobody is demanding you stop having fun.

Munchkin is just a bad game design wise.

What /bgg/ doesn't like to acknowledge is that most multiplayer games are also bad in exactly the same way
>>
>>51074167
I have Galaxy Trucker and Lords of Waterdeep on my phone, both are pretty good. I don't own a physical copy of either game though.
>>
>>51079612
Its just that the game is offensively bad. The game ends with the words "does anyone have any screw over cards left over or do I win?"

And even without that it is one of the worse luckbased games ive played. Never do you feel like you did something. Like with other shitty games you mightve done some crazy bluff, here its just sad.
>>
>>51079612

You don't understand, anon. Munchkin only gives the illusion of fun. You're having fake fun. We only condone having real fun around here.
>>
>>51079752
No, there are plenty of multiplayer games that are not routinely predictable in terms of game play and outcome. That is Munchkin's #1 failing. Better than 80% of Munchkin games I've played or seen played went exactly like this:

Player X takes the lead and is one level away from winning. All the other players dump their 'Take That' cards on Player X on the turn he/she tries to reach level 10. Player Y who was in 2nd place easily cruises in for the victory as no one else has enough 'Take That' cards left to prevent it.
>>
>>51079780
>Galaxy Trucker phone
>don't own a physical copy
You made the right call, the digital version is all the best parts of the game for 1/10 the price.

>>51079451
>never heard of vassal. is it free?
Yes, but keep in mind the downside to that. It's not designed to be accessible to the casual crowd, it was built by gamers with too much time on their hands and no desire, to make any money, but play other bored gamers with too much time on their hands. You will need to spend some time learning the basic software as well as any particular module, and that's assuming you don't need to learn the rules to the game; be ready for a timesink.
>>
>>51080062
With a smarter group it's the guy in third or fourth that sails through just fine, but yeah.
>>
>>51080062

https://books.google.pl/books?id=QVP8AQAAQBAJ&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=the+chip+taking+game&source=bl&ots=LZdx4YIcjw&sig=wOTnpwWy-si1K_ED7Pt9HOnyN1c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO67bdp7HRAhWJDCwKHa-eBUgQ6AEIUjAI#v=onepage&q=the%20chip%20taking%20game&f=false

Most multiplayer games unfortunately are broken in the same dumb way - Munchkin just highlights problems of the genre.
>>
>>51080453
Except that mechanic is often is important for catchup mechanics. Like the robber in catan to prevent someone with more resource gathering from just booming to a victory.

Second obfuscating your own standing is a mechanic many games have, they often allow you to hide scores even though technically you can memorise scores, like in smallworld where scores are hidden but the gains of a player each turn is known.

Third the complexity of the game is so big that the chiptaking element no longer is a detriment or even a blessing. In munchkins its just people piling on the winner causing another guy to coast to a win, the only tactic you could describe is that in holding back you might be able to manage to become that 3rd player (although the limitations of munchkins are so great that isnt even possible). Sure kasparov is piled on, but if the amount of turns is limited at best she is going to share the victory with the other players. One other player might use his turn to challenge a chess player other than kasparov to secure first position.

Being a good player means youre targeted, but for another player targetting your exclusively isnt in their best interest, after you drag them with you.
>>
>>51073291
Every depiction of Azathoth should just be a blank white field.
>>
>>51080743
Let me simplify my point. In the disk taking game you suffer from kingmaking mechanics, the losing player can fuck one of the others over before losing.

Munchkins is so terrible it does not even suffer that mechanic. It is fuck over or die. You can't even decide who wins. It's just whether you run out of cards. Unless you refuse to play a card
>>
>>51078172
$927 of Kingdom Death: Monster.
If you mean I have to have it in hand right now, the Descartes edition of Dune, or CitOW+HR.
>>
File: pic1534148.jpg (138KB, 602x429px) Image search: [Google]
pic1534148.jpg
138KB, 602x429px
Just ordered these to try and get my wife into boardgames.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>51079612
>It's got basically no interesting decisions to make, no strategy beyond "fuck the guy in first place", and takes way longer than is justifiable for something so simple.
This isn't, like, his opinion, man, it's basically objective fact.
>>
>>51080453
Not quite true. The more interaction is restricted, the less kingmaking is important. Most players find a middle ground between solitaire and the disc game that they like.
>>
When will this miniatures/legacy meme end?
>>
Any other games like Race for the Galaxy or San Juan where cards in your hand are also your currency, and you choose actions from a list of them, either simultaneous like in Race, or in turns as in San Juan?
>>
>>51081190
>miniatures
Never. Miniatures, in some form, are older than gaming and will continue after civilization collapses until our extinction.
>legacy
Soon, hopefully.
>>
is "legacy" a meme? how so?
>>
>>51081557
Because people still get hyped about a game simply on the basis of it being legacy, without much regard to anything else.
>>
>people still get hyped about a game simply on the basis of it having miniatures, without much regard to anything else

Minis are cool, though not really my thing, but they're completely separate from the concept of gameplay. Just play a cube pusher in a room full of weeb figures or plastic army men or and you have the same effect as playing a boardgame with minis.
>>
>>51082289
I mean. what actually makes a game a "legacy" one? it's because its made with the idea of limited plays and then it's done?
>>
>>51082378
Permanent changes to the components, such as unsealing boxes, adding stickers to the board or cards, etc.
>>
>>51082412
i see. I had to ask because some really dumb headlines I've found regarding "legacy" games for example one headline for Charterstone that says "a *replayable* legacy game", don't tell me wouldn't you headslap after you read something like that.
>>
>>51082522
I wouldn't headslap because I know what a legacy game is.
>>
>>51082522
The end state of Charterstone is supposed to be replayable while still being interesting after the legacy aspect has ended apparently, we'll just have to wait and see if it delivers.
>>
File: Counters.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Counters.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
>>51081190
>miniatures
Counters will make board games great again.

>legacy
Hopefully soon.
>>
I hope you people don't mean you're against minis. I gotta agree that the minis don't make the game but they are nice to see.

for example Blood Rage. nice game but I was expecting something more "meaty" for such a level of detail with their miniatures.
>>
>>51083119
What is the game in that picture?
>>
>>51083305
Chariots of Fire
>>
>>51083119
>Plastic counters
Hello, boner.
>>
>>51083337
They aren't actually plastic, just white-core counters that were colored. Still, the idea it self is boner worthy.
>>
File: IMG_3771.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3771.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Anyone tried "Fury of Dracula"? Worth getting?
>>
>>51083483
FoD regularly gets its figurative cock sucked around here, and even amongst people who don't really care for heavily thematic, soon-to-be out-of-stock, 1-v-many hidden movement deduction games with rock-paper-scissors combat slapped on, no one seems to dislike it enough to recommend against purchasing it. Those were too many dashes in a sentence.

But yeah, get it if it appeals to you, you won't be disapponted. Probably.
>>
>>51083483
Yes, go.
>>
>>51083483

I didn't like it. It's not a bad game, but I think the time investment is disproportional to the game's depth. About 2/3 through my first game I just wanted it to be over.
>>
>>51084034
Yeah, the length can definitely be an issue, and is the main reason I generally like specter ops a little better. There's a few mechanical problems, like rote early game and irritating endgame scenarios like Dracula running out the clock at sea, but those would be more forgiveable if the game were half as long. But when it's not being hamstrung by that kind of problem the length usually doesn't get to me, it's still very solid.
>>
>>51084135
Dracula can't win while he's at sea.
>>
Thinking of getting Captain Sonar, Agricola, Caverna, Terra Mystica, Cyclades, and/or Fury of Dracula. I play with two groups, one smaller and more interested in depth and one larger, more interested in the social experience. Any recommendations of what 2-3 games I should get?
>>
>>51084135
>rote early game
Why not just simulate early game.
>>
>>51083483
If you have more than a token amount of disposable income this game is absolutely worth getting, as are Forbidden Stars and Death Angel, simply because if you end up not liking it you can easily sell it in about a year for at least your money back.
>>
>>51085123
I tried simulating having found Dracula and skipping the first week, didn't help with length. Didn't modify the amount of points though, that probably made the biggest difference.
>>
>>51081070
10/10 choice

those are the two games i'm closest to buying myself
>>
File: 1481403181588.jpg (433KB, 2395x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1481403181588.jpg
433KB, 2395x1787px
Reminder that smartphones and board games don't mix
>>
>>51045320
I have about 30 boardgames and no time to play them. I finally fucking landed a copy of Magic Realm and the feeling of what should be joy has been smothered by the realization that I will never play it.
>>
>>51086313
I only dick around on my phone during CAH cuz I hate that game
>>
File: IMG_0458.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0458.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51086320
>>
>>51080743
There are better catch up mechanism then pilling up on the first player (because you come up with the munchkin scenario of "being 2nd is better than 1st"

Obfuscating your own standing isn't really a thing, it's literally pointing at the other guy saying "attack him" or playing with people so stupid they can't read the board state.

Game complexity only obfuscates the underlying chip-taking nature of the game. People have to learn positional heuristics of say Chaos in the Old World sufficiently enough to be able to "chip-take" but once those heuristics are learned the game degenerates once again into chip-taking.

>>51081108
Right. This is discussed in the book my point was that people pill up on Munchkin when most of the games that people here like are similarly broken (CitOW, Kemet, TI3 etc).

Personally, I think team games (think bridge in boardgame form) and not balancing interaction are the future.
>>
File: hacan.jpg (1MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
hacan.jpg
1MB, 4000x4000px
>Twighlight Imperium
worth it?
reprint?
worth 150 moneys?
>>
>>51087552
>reprint
Inevitable
>>
File: c26-1589947207-1-l.jpg (68KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
c26-1589947207-1-l.jpg
68KB, 600x636px
If Pic Related is 'Risk, but better', what's the next step? What does what this does, but flat better?

Bonus points if it brings the play time down a bit, this always drags out teaching it to new players even though they always end up having a good time.
>>
>>51086313
They are handy for rule questions since multiple people can look for it quickly. Other than that just tell people to fuck off with their phone and consider playing rounds quicker.
>>
>>51087452
>This is discussed in the book my point was that people pill up on Munchkin when most of the games that people here like are similarly broken (CitOW, Kemet, TI3 etc)
You've been trying to push this book of yours ever so often, I can't fathom the intent behind it. Let's say I accept that most competitive games are basically a chip-taking games with fancier mechanics. Does that knowledge matter and should they affect your enjoyment when they are literally more fun than the base chip-taking game itself? Does knowing that any particular game is "just" a chip-taking game do anything for the players other than making the one talking about it sound like a prick?

Compare soccer, basket ball, ice hockey, and similar sports. All of them involve scoring points by throwing a thing into another thing. Does that make them all the same? Ask a fan or a player and of course they'd say definitely not, each sport has their own different mechanics, their nuances, their strategies, their communities, differences that are apparent if you can look past "score points by putting a thing into a thing" and look at the game as a whole. You can easily find someone who likes one sport but dislike the other, despite at its base being the same game BECAUSE the experience is different, thanks to various factors that help shape it.

Humanity has always made a thing better by making a simple thing more complex. Oversimplifying games does not give the game justice because you ignore too many things in order to arrive at a point of forced similarity between otherwise completely unrelated games. If you can't appreciate the small advancements in mechanics that a game can bring and instead tunnel vision on it's core "chip-taking" aspect instead, then you're unfit to be talking about game design.
>>
>>51087452
Redpill me on bridge. Also, what's your opinion on Rex.
>>
>>51087794
Rex is very very hit or miss. It takes a certain kind of mindset to enjoy it, because you have to be paying attention to every little bit of information to really get it. I love it, but some of my group who enjoy lighter sort of party esque games don't, ie: Catan, acquire, monopoly, etc. Luckily it plays decently with as low as 4 people. Very fun if all players are familiar with the rules, as there is a lot of subtle bluffing and deduction that goes on.
>>
>>51087773
First time I pushed this book I did it because it was eye opening and it confirmed my intuition that games that have kingmaking scenarios are broken mechanically wise. I hoped this would foster some back-and-forth here.

All other times I mentioned it because it's a nice and comprehensive source to cite and it was relevant to discussion.

The point I was making in this thread is that people lambaste Munchkin while not seeing that their own favorite games are also broken. I just think this is intellectually dishonest (even if the dishonesty is to yourself). IOW - I don't hate people playing "chip taking games" I hate people that like them but think they're better than players of Munchkin.

I'm not saying you to not have fun. Hey, I enjoy CitOW even though now I see it's completely broken. I won't recommend CitOW if somebody wants a strategic experience, though because I know it's a chip taking game.

Chip taking as a mechanic is detrimental to tactical thinking - the skill in that game doesn't come from recognizing the board game state and recognizing the best actions but coercing your opponents into not attacking you, making yourself small etc. The games you mentioned (soccer, basket ball etc) are similar mechanically but aren't mechanically broken - assuming equal physical skill the winner will be the team that has better positional heuristics.

In chip taking games the winner may be the person who just whines a lot, or decided by a third party etc.

tl;dr
Munchkin == other interactive games => fine
Munckin < other interactive games => not fine
>>
>>51088087
So you enjoy munchkin as much as you do CitOW?
>>
>>51087794
Bridge is basically two games. One of them is a trick taking game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick-taking_game the other is the auction for how many tricks you have to take.

The trick taking part is usually easy to teach, the second is sometimes confusing (and there are several auction systems - though usually you will only use one or two).

The game is played in pairs. In the auction phase each player has the same amount of information (only sees his hand) and tries to signal what he has and how much they can hope to win through the auction system.

Later on in the trick taking phase that lost the auction has less information (the second player in the team that won the auction lays out all of his cards to see).

I'm not making justice to the game (and I'm not a good player) but if you can get some friend that play to get into it's a good past time (similarly how people are obsessed about poker).
>>
>>51088139
I used to *hate* CitOW. I thought that I was missing something and couldn't get over the fact that the person winning CitOW isn't necessarily the best one at the table.

At least Munchkin doesn't take itself seriously and player don't praise Munchkin how much "balanced" it is.

So yes, now I learned that being shit is the name of the game of CitOW I enjoy it as much as I enjoy Munchkin. I.e I don't take it seriously and enjoy spending time with my friend while spending some conscious effort to make "some" strategic sense.
>>
>>51088087
>IOW - I don't hate people playing "chip taking games" I hate people that like them but think they're better than players of Munchkin.
I feel like your hate is misplaced. I will concede that you are probably right, that chip-taking games will end with the winner being determined by a third party or by the best whiner. The biggest difference between CitOW and Munchkin however is choices. The former gives more meaningful and less transparent choices than the latter (even if, in a way, the choices are just an illusion), and thus why people may think one chip taking game is better than the other.

In that way, they aren't wrong in thinking that CitOW is better than Munchkin, the same way you think that both are similar. It doesn't matter to many that they both have the same flaw as the experience they get are clearly different. Perhaps it matters to some like you, but that could possibly be due to a conflict of interest (wanting a fair, strategic battle against opponents vs spending time with friends playing a game, and beating them) that might not be immediately obvious as the lines can be blurred significantly.

As a side note though, it's interesting that Ameritrash games are a lot more susceptible to this than Euros, probably due to the lack of interaction you mentioned alleviated chip taking in the latter.
>>
>>51088087
>Chip taking as a mechanic is detrimental to tactical thinking - the skill in that game doesn't come from recognizing the board game state and recognizing the best actions but coercing your opponents into not attacking you, making yourself small etc.
Oh, I see.
Your group is garbage.
>>
>>51088457
Of course there are a lot of factors that make Munchkin and CitOW different games - theme, spatial aspect different types of interactions etc.

I can see *why* people might prefer one to the other. I don't see why people should single out players of Munchkin in particular for being bad or stupid from the POV of "arbitraryness" or that Munchkin's predictability (when in my eyes it just underlines the problem of the genre)
> Ameritrash games are a lot more susceptible to this than Euros,
What's cool is that they don't have to be! I'm playing StarCraft 2v2 and it's basically a (strategic) dream come true for me. Randomness in the game works as a catchup mechanic and because there's only two sides you don't have kingmaking/politics.
>>51088546
Thank you for your great contribution in the discussion and compelling arguments. You convinced me.
>>
>>51088569
>Thank you for your great contribution in the discussion and compelling arguments. You convinced me.
np
>>
>>51088569
>Thank you for your great contribution in the discussion and compelling arguments. You convinced me.
If someone's winning CitOW by whining and "looking small," the group both isn't very good at reading board state and is ignorant of the effects of the spell cards. I think it's interesting that you single out this game, because the the game isn't really a FFA; it's much more akin to every faction playing against Khorne.
>>
>>51088639
Last time I checked the objective of the game wasn't "beating korne" but scoring points and/or dial ticks. If you play as a 3v1 Nurgle will win.

CitOW is a FFA. As you say you have to know how to read the board state to know how to fuck over a particular player but once you know that it's back to the chip taking game.
>>
>>51087729
AGoT isn't "better Risk" though. It's a hybrid Risk/Diplomacy/Rex.
>>
>>51088569
>I don't see why people should single out players of Munchkin in particular
Other than its popularity, Munchkin's presentation (play a card, bad thing happens) means that its flaws are a lot more obvious to pick out. I suspect that other "good" games obfuscate these flaws, usually by the burden of resource management or the cascading result of bad decisions, so that players have something to blame and improve on when they lose. Plus the extra mechanics can allow for someone to be ahead far enough that the whining and third party intervention doesn't affect their chances of winning, or allow legitimately brilliant plays.

It won't fool everyone, sure, but it just goes to show how good game design can improve a game that would otherwise have a glaring flaw, even if it doesn't remove it.
>>
File: CmRph5vWYAAqa1B.jpg (219KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CmRph5vWYAAqa1B.jpg
219KB, 1024x1024px
Anyone here played this? Is it overrated stuff that looks pretty like blood rage or something good?
>>
Chiptaking can be interesting and it is an oversimplified model for most board games that have that mechanic.

Good games make you pay for taking chips. For example getting a smaller gain yourself. Or being able to invest into getting a bigger payout later. Which can give you many more options
Do I take chips from the winning player, do I take more chips for myself, do I invest so I look weaker but can get huge payouts later if they dont hit me, do I deny the player that has a setup that wins him a lot if uncontested. Should I do a weaker move that makes it more pricey for others to punish me? In mahjong for example you can win by either drawing the winning tile yourself (and everyone has to pay you a part) or win by someone else his discard (that person alone has to pay up). You can decide that if a weak player you dont want to hit discards your winning tile you pass on it. However doing so means that either that round you cannot claim a win of a discard, or the rest of the game you cannot claim a win of a discard and have to selfdraw. In other words, to prevent people from just piling on top of the winner the game punishes sparing others.

For bridge, starcraft and other XvX games (not FFA) chiptaking also works since you get the option to either take chips of the other player, or improve your own chipcount. In other words, you can dish chiptaking out as hard as they can (or have something else to make up for your weaker chiptaking) and gangraping the best player is no longer possible.
>>
>>51089140
>Is it overrated stuff that looks pretty like blood rage or something good?
Yes.
>>
>>51089140
>Is it overrated stuff that looks pretty like blood rage or something good?
No
>>
>>51089140
Rules are a bit convoluted, but as long as you understand it's not dieselpunk Mechwarrior but rather SimGulag, it's passable.
Factions are not particularly balanced - double time on Orders and double take on Encounters are way ahead of the rest.
>>
>>51089140
>Anyone here played this? Is it overrated stuff that looks pretty like blood rage or something good?
I don't know.
>>
>>51089211
>not maybe
Come on man
>>
>>51089140
its not a combat game. its more like an euro engine builder.
>>
>>51089209
>>51089274
So it's another disguised euro game? I already have too much euros ffs.
Can you anons recommend me a fun combat game? Something like Risk that isn't shit? I'm new to tabletop gaming
>>
>>51089329
>I'm new to tabletop gaming
>I already have too much euros ffs.
>>
>>51089352
It's true
I have agricola, carcassone and catan. I don't want to be a farmer or collect resources while my oponent is doing the exact same stuff. I want to build an army and fuck up my retarded cousin shit.
>>
>>51089405
You should probably embrace the hobby a bit more before erroneously deciding you have the end all of euros (pro-tip, Catan is not a euro).
>>
>>51089329
Kemet if you're looking around the same weight as Scythe and is what I consider the best Risk replacement, Quartermaster General is another recommendation from me that plays differently as it's a card-driven game
>>
>>51089249
You're not the boss of me, now.
>>
>>51089459
It is a proto-euro. Victory points, no combat, relatively themeless, no player elimination, strategy>tactics... it's just got too much luck and direct player interaction compared to today's "multiplayer solitaire" style of eurogames.
>>
>>51089249
The maybe spot was taken I had to improvise
>>
>>51089405
civ the ffg version. get the first expansion to make combat not retarded though.

it has plenty of euro style things. but you can completely fuck them up if you want to as well.
>>
>>51084558
Source? I can't find that in my rulebook, but it might be a decent variant that you can't add influence while at sea. Would certainly make the British isles less attractive.
>>
>>51089950
Dracula's Fury of Dracula ability specifically states you add influence only when you enter cities if I'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>51089974
Yes, but every other source still works.
>>
File: PB080019.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PB080019.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>mfw Santorini is the real deal

Played a couple games in the board game cafe today. Saw Santorini and played it with friends because I keep hearing it being hyped. It's the real deal guise. It's easy to teach and isn't that easy to win most of the time, since it's easy for the next player to deny your win.

Wish I've kickstarted the shit when I was still able to. Should've read about the project, watched the video reviews and back it back then.

Feels good using one of the character's powers to seal off an unsuspecting player's character. Pic related.
>>
>>51087769
>>51086696
I meant games that incorporate apps with the board game, like mansions of madness 2nd edition
>>
>>51090400
i have no issues with it desu
>>
>>51090400
Go play a computer game if you want to stare at a screen.
>>
File: TomVasel2.jpg (52KB, 381x321px) Image search: [Google]
TomVasel2.jpg
52KB, 381x321px
Hey folks, just to inform you that I will be making a ~5 minute video about every post in this thread and later on there will be a special video discussing top 10 posts in this thread, judged by a triumvirate of sorts I set up for these sorts of things, you know, so make sure to follow the channel and if any of you wishes to go above and beyond to support us, by all means feel free.

Just don't go bankrupt ;)

PS
Give no quarter to games that offend Christ
>>
>>51090213
looks nice though the board is kind of small
>>
>>51081211
Bump?

>>51090400
I can only think of 4; Alchemists, Mansions of Madness 2nd ed., Descent 2nd ed., and X-COM. The first 3 are relatively well received, don't know if there are any other app-integrated games.
>>
>>51090400
I actually like playing MoM2e

I don't understand why does it need board game components, though.
>>
>>51090617
World of Yo-Ho, it's just the board and then a rule book telling you to get the app installed on your phone so you can play.
>>
File: d6b.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
d6b.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>51090498
> Bad bait is bad...

Nice try princess.
>>
>>51090213
>Wish I've kickstarted the shit when I was still able to.

Me too Anon. I just didn't have the extra $$$ at the time. I'll definitely be picking this one up later.
>>
>>51090729
Is she ok?
>>
>>51090749

what if i like the original block game without cards more?

will that be for sale?
>>
>>51090400
Oh ok
Yeah that rubs me the wrong way as well
>>
>>51090964
No, but even the most rudimentary woodcrafting skills and a table saw could get you a set in an hour or two.
>>
>>51086904
Shit, that's another one I almost picked up.
>>
>>51089329
I'd agree with the other anon on Quartermaster General. Other fun war games include the very lighthearted 'Small World' which is an easy way to lure others into the world of war gaming without the obvious 'hex and chit' OMG WTF levels of resistance that Advanced Squad Leader for example tends to provoke. You might look at Heroes of Normandie which is fun and has excellent artwork - thus no need to collect and paint a load of minis while still having good eye-candy to game with. SJG's 'OGRE' is a futuristic Sci-fi classic 'Hex and Chit' war game that is easy to learn, plays fast and offers a lot of replayability. After that, there's SF Empire building - you can go for lighter deck builders like Eminent Domain or Core Worlds, or heavier Space 4x games like Exodus, Hegemonic, or Eclipse.
>>
>>51092853
if we talking light "contesting territory" games i would suggest tempus.
>>
Is Star Wars Rebellion's four-player variant fun?

I have a small group I want to try it with but from what I've played the game seems more designed for two.
>>
>>51094134
its really designed for two but if you have a group of good friends who like star wars you'll all have fun experiencing it together. if you're not just looking for fun then ya other games would be better
>>
I for one welcome our legacy overlords. Progression in the board game medium is never a bad thing. Eventually there will be new ways to experiment with it and the hobby will grow.
>>
>Playing Wizard's Academy
>Second time the game got out, so we try to summon a demon and extract his soul.
>Game starts out slowly, mainly going around collecting glyphs, no really bad botches.
>Trouble with some imps, when an experimental spell summons a demon.
>And 25% of the academy is on fire.
>Oh no, wait, it's water.
>In the end, we have the demon and the spell, but the demon's not in the right room.
>Let's just summon another demon!
>Now way any bad ideas included this statement.
>Works like a charm.

Really great game. I need to take another look at the rules, but it flowed well nonetheless.
>>
>>51053810
I doubt it, WotC loves discontinuing shit. I'm still salty about Dungeon Command, and it looks like they discontinued Arena of the Planeswalkers already.
>>51053928
They're unforgiving and fast to learn. Best Crawler for new players.
>>
>>51095020
>Don't worry about having to gawp at your now mandatory smartphone during a board game, it's just progression.
>Yes we've reduced the component quality and increased the price but that's progression you know.
>No no we haven't removed any content at all, you can buy it in the Dumb Loyal Consumer or DLC pack, all in the name of progression.
>>
>>51083119
>Pharoah
That's a horse, not a god emperor.
>>
>>51090498
Tom is so inoffensive I can't quite get mad at how shit Sam and the women can be.
>>
>>51096093

Melody's fine. Sam is pretty funny when the gang is fully assembled, mostly because Zee keeps teasing him (his solo videos are unwatchable though)
>>
>>51096238
>>51096093
Facts: the posts.
>>
Been wanting to get introduced into some board games lately. Can anyone recommend me some fun games that could be played with a group of 4 friends or even just my girlfriend?
>>
>>51095831
>Crowdfunding huge unfinished messes with ludicrous amounts of kickstarter exclusive content and then finishing the game after the the campaign with the feedback given by the crowd is also progress
>>
>>51096612
What kind of stuff are you into? Do you think you'd enjoy cooperative or competitive stuff more? Politics and negotiation? Flashy surprise plays or slow and steady planning?
>>
Got Twilight Imperium 3rd for Christmas, what expansion should I get
>>
>>51096612
What do you like?
Are you the guy that wants to see your enemies driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women?
Are you the guy that just wants everyone to have lighthearted fun over a few beers with your normie friends?
Are you the guy that lives for brainy puzzlesolving and enjoy feeling intelectually superior to your opponents?
Are you the guy that likes exploring the limits and boundaries of rule sets, and abuse them?
Do you like fluff over crunch?
Are you a team player or a lone wolf?
>>
>>51096939
well some of the board that i freqeuntly are into are /a/, /v/, /tv/ and /co/. Pretty into sci fi, horror, and medical styled settings/movies.

im pretty competitive when it comes to games, but these games usually include cooperation.

i like flashy surprise plays
>>
>>51097187

DC Comics Deck Builder.

Competitive, yet slightly cooperative. You like co, and its far and away better than Legendary.
>>
>>51097032
see
>>51097187

but to answer some of your quesitons
>Are you the guy that wants to see your enemies driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women?
yes
>Are you the guy that just wants everyone to have lighthearted fun over a few beers with your normie friends?
yes
>Are you the guy that lives for brainy puzzlesolving and enjoy feeling intelectually superior to your opponents?
sometimes
>Are you the guy that likes exploring the limits and boundaries of rule sets, and abuse them?
yes
>Do you like fluff over crunch?
i like crunch
>Are you a team player or a lone wolf?
I like both
>>
>>51097249
sounds pretty interesting. ill have to check this one out. thanks friend.
>>
>>51096093
>Sam and the women
I haven't watched any of Toms content in years, why are there women now?
>>
>>51097006
Yes.
>>
>>51092853
SF?
>>
>>51095793
>Arena of the Planeswalkers
Seriously? I just got shadows over inistrid or what ever the fuck it's called.
>>
>>51097514
He lives on one of those polygamy compounds
>>
>>51095793
>>51097930
>discontinued Arena of the Planeswalkers already
Can't blame them when they can basically print money. Why invest more for lower returns?
>>
>>51097930
>>51098044
It's not confirmed but they already announced all their product for Q1-Q3 2017 and there's no new AotP product.
>>
>>51095793
>discontinued Arena of the Planeswalkers
Good. That abomination barely deserved to be called a game.
>>
>>51097259
Doom. Heavily themed coop slaugherfest with cool plastic figures.
Patchwork. 2-player competitive spatial puzzle with economic elements. Very good for couples.
Istanbul. Medium-light worker placement euro with some resource management, plays up to 5, real fun.
Carcassonne. Tile laying euro, build roads and cities for points, excellent gateway game, plays up to 6, shines at 2.
>>
>>51097259
Now for more social stuff.
Say Anything. Guy asks question, players answer question. Guy picks winners and awards point. A lot more fun than this shitty description sounds.
Skull. Place tiles, lie to your friends, and bid. Highest bidder must flip the tiles and find as many flowers as he bid, if he flips a skull he loses. Again, great game with shitty description.
Secret Hitler. Hidden roles game. Fascists want to bring Hitler into power. Liberals try to stop him by democratic vote.
Las Vegas. Area control dice chucker. Place more dice on a casino to win cash, richest guy after 4 rounds wins the game. Player interaction is fantastic.
>>
>>51095831
calm down there chicken little, no one is coming to burn all your cardboard.
>>
>>51098004
For some reason I am thinking this might be actually true

Is it actually true?
>>
>>51088834
I'm surprised that no one this thread has brought up the omniloss condition.
>>
File: mushroomeatersface.jpg (653KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mushroomeatersface.jpg
653KB, 1024x1024px
>>51099181
>mfw some asshole comes and burns all of my cardboard
>>
>>51099023
>Doom
>Co-op
InigoMontoya.png
>>
>>51099362
>believing anything posted here ever
>current year
>>
>>51099664
>>51099181
>>51098004
He's lived in a gated community for a while now. Fuck you guys. I'm not retarded, I just wanted to know which women were joining the show without sifting through that bloated ass catalog.
>>
>>51099513
Fuck! Gears of War in my mind. I can't brain today.
>>
>>51099762
>my bait worked
His daughters are on the show now sometimes. They're fucking boring, like he is.
>>
>>51095726
hmmm never heard of this one, do you draw random effect cards from a deck or something like that?
>>
>>51099794
I think one of 'em has a learning disability.
>>
>>51099794
I reject your greentext, you're the only one responding substantively.
Melody co-anchored on some of Toms old shit, does that mean glasses loli and the rest have joined? Toms just a normalfag who likes going against the grain in acceptable manners.
>>51099817
I've only sen the oldest, and she seemed pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>51100032
>I reject your greentext, you're the only one responding substantively.
I mean, I'm the one who posted the thing about his living in a compound.
>>
>>51100300
You're not >>51099794?
Fuck, I guess it did work.
>>
>>51099817
Yup it's daughter 4, had some sorta seizure disorder (why they came back from living in Korea) and went from being one of his smartest kids in her early years to stunted. He did a segment on breakfast where he introduced her (8 at the time, functioning as a 4-5yr old)
>>
>>51101212
>one of his smartest kids in her early years to stunted
Shit, that is unfortunate. Hopefully some of her inclinations will live on in autism,
>>
alright /bgg/, humour me

what do you consider to be a suitable replacement for Monopoly? I don't have any specific guidelines in mind, just curious as to what other people think as it's a noticeable hole in my collection when it comes to playing with non-gamer friends
>>
>>51101531
I replaced mine with mage knight and never looked back
>>
>>51101722
He wanted to replace monopoly, anon, not his friends
>>
Got my brother to play flick em up with me, goddamn that game is fun
>>
>>51101993
New thread, sorry I don't have any thought provoking questions tonight to spur discussion.

>>51101997
Hell yes it is, just don't get the expansion with the gatling gun, unless you've got a way to contain the bullets from flying all over the room.
>>
>>51081211
Glory to Rome and Mottanai sort of fit. Cards are buildings as well as resources, but unlike RFTG you also spend them to choose your actions, instead of having separate action selection cards.
>>
are there any books and/or articles about theory of (board) game design? for example, video games have avatars of story that deals with interactive narratology, i was just wondering if someone wrote something good about core gameplay tenets and the like.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.