[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 18

File: aa.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Previous Thread: >>51020131
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-dawn-of-heresies/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-long-solo-vampire-the-requiem/
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8hwdwf
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ix0730
(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Are there any historical people that are featured in your games? or act as inspiration?

IGNORE ASPEL
>>
>>51042262
I once made Spinoza into a Golgonda guru
>>
How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Any way to play a similarly-powered human without having to make a Hunter or Mage?
>>
Does having NPCs with historical names as Shadow Names count?
>>
>>51042369
>WtA
Is that oWoD or nWoD?
>>
>>51042369

Play a changeling and ask someone else to play a Fianna. If you just want to be a human, not even kin, then pray for your ST to give you more freebie points.

>>51042418

Forsaken is the nWoD version of werewolf.
>>
>>51042418
Apocalypse is oWoD no? I'm new to this whole thing

>>51042483
>fairy
I don't really want to be tinkerbell either, maybe I'll ask to build a hunter after all
>>
>>51043003
>oWoD
Then you really don't.
>>
>>51043021
Alright I'll just play bob mcguy, human with a gun
>>
>>51043331
but then you're playing with vampires' courage conscience and self-control.

omg I just realized how edgylord having self-control as a stat was/is.

No stay back! I just might lose me lose my lose my
SELFCONTROL
>>
>>51043397

[Insert techno breakdown here]
>>
File: IMG_9229.jpg (69KB, 1080x862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9229.jpg
69KB, 1080x862px
I think having historical characters in your historical settings is gauche.

>>51042369
>not being a furry
>not playing Mummy for the animal heads
>>
>>51039841
>>51039841
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1483656686
>>
>>51044254

>playing Mummy for the animal heads and not the ability to trap a man in your Tomb of Unknowing Terror and Unremitting Horror

Why would you even
>>
>>51044622

Why would you want a mortal in your Tomb? That's for you and you alone. They're gonna get mortal cooties on your sweet frescoes.
>>
>>51044694

Because sometimes you must punish a cultist of yours for comitting vile treachery.
>>
>>51044951
So you're going to drag them off into your magic realm?
>>
>>51044960

I don't see how else I can crush them with a rock and feed their body to birds.
>>
>>51042418
>Is that oWoD or nWoD?

WtA stands for "Werewolf: The Apocalypse", which is part of the "old" World of Darkness.

That said, nowadays we usually don't use the terms "old World of Darkness" or "new World of Darkness" anymore, due to the fact that the newer setting got renamed into "Chronicles of Darkness", to help differentiate the two settings better.

So, now it's just "World of Darkness", and "Chronicles of Darkness".

>>51042369
>How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Play as a regular human, or as a member of the Kinfolk. There's even a new book that just came out for Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary edition on how to play a kinfolk character.

You'll get access to some of the Werewolves' gifts (if you're a good boy who suck their dick whenever they ask you to), or you can play as a Skin Dancer; a Kinfolk who got fed up being the bitch of the pack and decided to literally skin fuive werewolves and gain their shapeshifting powers in the process through a foul ritual (or the skins were given freely for REASONS if you want to play a real goody-two-shoes).
>>
>>51042369
Just play a werewolf without being a massive furfaggot. Simple. Or is the problem that you are actually a furfag, so you can't not be a massive furfag?
>>
>>51042369
>How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Just stick to the Litany. It literally says that Garou are not to fuck other Garou and that the by-blows of such things are a shame on your fucking tribe.
>>
For those that missed last thread:

Aspel was a massive faggot
>but but muh high Humanity cruac casting vampire wiccan

reminder that if anyone else complains about something they dislike, he calls them "whiny".

This is why, if you find yourself arguing with a collosal fucking faggot who pulls out semantics and nitpicking, you've found Aspel.
>>
>>51046424
>Bringing old drama into a new thread
kys desu senpai
>>
>>51046478
>abloobloobloo nobody likes me
Cry more, Aspel. People have a right to know how big a loser you really are ya fat tranny bastard
>>
>>51046478
People need to know why
>IGNORE FAGGOT
should be and more often that not is at the top of the thread
>>
In Mage 2e, if a mage proficient in Prime casts Platonic Exemplar to create a platonic wooden stake, would it be capable of staking a vampire as a normal wooden stake (or possibly better or worse) ?
>>
>>51046892
With prime you can 'only' pull the ideal example of a tool into reality not create a mundane form. So your stake could be an amazing +5 stake with 8 again. But it wouldn't be a wooden one you'd need Matter for that.

However this is where it get's tricky. Matter mages can perfect objects and materials. Perfected items when used as a bane don't behave better than their mundane equivalent except for the fact that they ignore conditionals. So perfected iron acts like cold iron, perfected light is like sunlight, etc.

So the question is can platonic constructs be perfected or are they already considered as being perfected. I'd say no otherwise there'd be no point to awakened alchemy.
>>
>>51046739
What part of
>IGNORE ASPEL
don't you understand?
>>
>>51047404

If a mage congealed ambient mana into a wooden stake with Prime, I would think it would be considered real wood just like "normal' wood infused with mana to create tass would still be considered a wooden spike that just happens to full of mana.

Also, I don't see why Prime should be able to perfect things, particularly platonic objects. I would imagine it would require little more than a +1 Reach effect to Platonic Exemplar.
>>
>>51047404
I realized there isn't anything stopping a Werewolf from creating a prefect material because you could technically create them by constantly carrying the object into the Shadow and back. Same with Sin-Eaters and Changelings with that Contract that lets them enter Twilight. Demons could probably do it to somehow.
>>
Doesn't Tears of Aspel sound like a good name for a Cruac or Theban Sorcery Ritual?
>>
File: pickle.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
pickle.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
>>51047522
I could also see it as a BSD ritual as well.
>>51044622
Okay, so I read Mummy, I've ran Wraith, I've ran both Mages, I've run Unknown Armies, I don't know how the hell i'm supposed to run Mummy, it just seems like a game made out of still life photos, trying to tell a tale through momentary gasps of breath.
>>
>>51047752

You realize a Descent is over a year long at minimum, right?
>>
>>51047469
My understanding of
>IGNORE STUPID FAT TRANNY BASTARD
....is to discard out of hand any argument he may have, not attempt to reason or negotiate and not give his arguments the time of the day. This does not mean I can't abuse the ugly fat bastard.
>>
File: wtf-people18_1.jpg (36KB, 570x410px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-people18_1.jpg
36KB, 570x410px
>>51047522
Or a Mage artifact: a philter that transforms the user into pic related.
>>
>>51047911
>making such a big deal about a user you dislike that you shitpost about how much you hate them instead of just contributing to the thread or no posting at all

You're doing just as much damage to the thread or more as the person you take issue with.
>>
>>51048008
This. IGNORE ASPEL doesn't just mean not responding to his posts and dismissing his arguments out of hand, it also means not bringing any attention to things he has done previously or even acknowledging his existence beyond saying IGNORE ASPEL. To do otherwise shits up the thread and brings unnecessary attention to Aspel.
>>
So there's the WoD book, the updated rules, then there is also the vampire book, do I need to read all three? Are the quick start rules a good place to start?
>>
>>51047752
>I could also see it as a BSD ritual as well.

"BSD" ?
>>
>>51048044

I don't terribly mind Aspel; either engage with them or don't. But when a decent chunk of the posts are people saying REMINDER TO IGNORE ASPEL or bizarre shitposts about wanting to sexually assault them... you're distracting from the thread so much more than a contentious user does.
>>
>>51048114
Exactly. Leave it in the OP and be done with it.
>>
>>51048110
Black Spiral Dancer. From old Werewolf.
>>
>>51047509
A valid point.

Personally I prefer matter over prime for creating items. Much more mana efficient.
>>
>>51048143
Or stop bringing up grudges with other posters period?
>>
>>51047514
Indeed. I imagine more alchemy focused cabals spend time foraging twilight for valuable material that may have been accidentally perfected.
>>
>>51048008
>>51048044

Maybe you faggots shouldn't ask questions if you can't handle answers? Or is answering questions "shitposting" in your Twilight Zone?
>>
>>51048430
What answers? Someone just started bitching about Aspel because they needed to jerk off.
>>
>>51048455
>What answers?
>>51046844
>People need to know why
>>IGNORE FAGGOT
>should be and more often that not is at the top of the thread

Explain to me your pseudo-mystical process for simultaneously identifying Aspel and instructing newbies on who he is, why he should be ignored and how you do that with two words in OP.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>51048417
It wouldn't surprise me if there were Werewolf Lodges and Changeling Entitlements based around creating perfect materials.
>>
>>51048540

I don't think they need to be ignored. I think they might consider wearing a trip like I do, speaking as a former thread bogeyman myself.
>>
>>51048601
The problem, atamajakki, is that Aspel is proud of being a namefag and NOT using a tripcode. Aspel has stated on multiple occasions that if he were to use a tripcode, we could ignore him, and this idea displeases him. Aspel wants to revel in psuedo-anonymity, hiding behind Anonymous to prevent censure, yet openly yelling that he is Aspel given the flimsiest pretext. He wants it both ways. Expecting him to be responsible isn't working.

The only answer is open abuse. If we make the fat bastard hate this thread enough, he'll turn off the computer and climb out of his parent's basement, and we won't get him in this thread 18 hours a day.
>>
>>51048540
No one asked a question. jfc quit shitting up the thread.
We should ignore you.
>>
>>51048672

Or, y'know, ignore someone like an adult.
>>
>>51048672

It's bad enough that I have to read their posting, the last thing I need is people derailing the thread to talk about their posting when they're not even here so I have to think about their posting.

Newsflash: they don't put a trip on because they fear being ignored more than being abused. If you're going to ignore someone, actually ignore them. Don't bring them up in a thread where they haven't even fucking posted yet.

When will you people learn the secret to dealing with people on 4chan: https://youtu.be/SlKao_Pox5A
>>
>>51048672
I used a tripcode for damned near six years, and any and every thread had people coming out of the woodwork--people who hadn't even read the thread--to tell me that Anon-e-mouse is lejun and I must be new here for being a tripfag. Why would I want to get that headache just so that you can ignore me? I don't even know who has me on ignore, so I'd be correcting something stupid you said and I wouldn't know you couldn't see it. Why would I make life easier for you if you won't make life easier for me?
Maybe if I make you hate the thread enough, you'll give up and go somewhere else. Maybe you should take a trip, so that we can filter you? It's only fair. Maybe we should all have trips.

Nevermind that I hadn't even posted in the thread, but you're still so fucking butthurt over me that you needed to shit up the thread. That's not me. That's you. You did that. You are the problem. You're not ignoring me, you're doing the exact opposite. You're kicking the hornet's nest and taking a dump on the thread because you have a grudge. You're being the thing you bitch about me. Maybe we should give you a name. Then we'll call you out using that name.
>>
>>51048776
>IGNORE WORLD'S BIGGEST LOSER
>>
>>51048776
>abloobloobloo why don't they like me mummy

Moving right along....

What the fuck is up with Onyx Path's schedule? How many people are actually working in editing? It seems like stuff gets delayed for years before it actually gets released.
>>
>>51047752

There's two modes to Mummy's play, from my experience:

1. Planescape: Torment: The RPG - Using unlikely allies and your immense power, you uncover the secrets behind your stolen past and origins, with the potential of overcoming it entirely, interspersed with quests to retrieve Vessels. This mode is best with one-on-one play, or troupe play (one or two dedicated Arisen characters that the whole group can play, with more dedicated beefed up Mortals and Sadikhs characters)

2. Full Horror Pulp - Get those Vessels back and flaunt your power and prestige through two-fisted tales of terror! Punch an Ahmkat so hard that it explodes! Raid a Last Dynasty outpost! Confront the screaming Decieved before he summons horrible Angels from some kind of horrible hell dimension! Form a chorus and destroy a city with a shower of meteors! This mode is best done with a group of dedicated Arisen characters, especially if they've all got friendly rivalries with each other.

If you really know what you're doing, fuse the two modes together and you're going to get an experience unlike anything else in CofD.
>>
A is illogical. do not talk to him you will not get a fruitful conversation. Self identifying in the face of increasing amount of hostility is retarded. As he feels he is on a one man crusade by posting on this thread instead of ACTUALLY doing anything that prompts his supposed causes.

Anon is Anon. Until Anon decides not to be. then he is left to his own history and not under the Anonymity of Anon. And therefore must live with his own cred. And whoa be the man who has such bad cred

A brought it upon himself
>>
>>51048962

You're forgetting Shittons of Flashbacks And How Linear Is Time Anyway mode.
>>
>>51048869

I think there's three or so editors, one for each major current product line. There's also the part of the schedule where the developer has to do post-editing development, and maybe it's just me but that always feels like the longest part.

>>51049007

Shit, you're totally right, my bad.
>>
>>51048824
Can we have him stick it in a blender? then do the truffle shuffle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0
>>
So, I'm actually pretty excited for The Prince's Gambit. I wonder when they'll do the Kickstarter for it.
>>
Any good death based legacies for a mastigos? Playing a mastigos with a focus on souls and how they interact with the mind. He's a therapist who wants to learn how to better help those suffering from mental illness.
>>
>>51048672
I know Aspel's type. They're the kind of person who will take as much abuse as you can dish out and still never, ever leave. If you don't like them you should ignore them, otherwise you're just contributing to the shitposting problem.
>>
>>51049651
I dunno, his posts are getting increasingly butthurt. Lazlo placed "belonging" directly in the center of his heirachy of needs. If Aspel is denied the ability to belong, he will never achieve self-actualization here, and will instinctively go to a nice padded echo-chamber.

Besides, the boys need a punching bag.
>>
Okay, so Mages see Caerns as Nodes, and try to drain Quintessence from them (which may get their asses kicked).

So how do the Fera see Nodes? Are they an artificial Caern? How do they explain a nexus of Gnosis inside a building?
>>
Where do you think an awakened former detective would end up hanging his hat, the Mysterium or the AA? I know the AA are all about that fighting but you'd think they'd have some kind of investigation unit or something.
>>
What happens if during embrace two vampires from different clans drop equal amount of blood to the mouth of the one being embraced?
>>
>>51051345
>not proposing the Guardians as an option

shameful
>>
>>51051371

Wow..I didnt actually think of them. They're an option as well.
>>
>>51051345

There's ample niches and interests for a former police detective in any of the Orders.

In fact, "police detective" is barely descriptive. Flesh out the PC's history and background more, and then think about Orders. For instance, if he was stymied by politics or the wealthy in his pursuit of justice, he might gravitate toward the Silver Ladder as a means of balancing the scales. If he felt like the system was rigged and he sympathized with the crime-ridden communities, the Free Council or AA might be more appropriate.
>>
>>51051345
Alcoholics Anonymous will take anyone as long as they are willing to admit they are powerless in the face of their own addiction.
>>
>>51051369
Probably a new bloodline.

In the fluff there are plenty of examples where experimentation with multiple types of Vitae produced new and exotic bloodlines. In the Dark Ages, Gargoyles were created from Nosferatu and Gangrel exposed to Tzimisce vitae and Thaumaturgy. The Daughters of Cacophony are somewhere between Toreador and Malkavian, with neither clan seeming to have a clue where they came from. The original write-up for Kiasyd in 2nd Ed V:tM involved Lasombra being infused with some kind of fae blood.

What I want to know is, what happens if you embrace someone using the Vaulderie? That would be multiple types of Vitae, not just two. Would you end up with a crazy Caitiff, or something entirely new?
>>
File: loose cannon.jpg (339KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
loose cannon.jpg
339KB, 1296x864px
>>51051345
He should be Free Council if he was a loose cannon cop who didn't play by the rules.
>>
>>51051965
But who would play the role of the angry chief with the mayor perpetually up his ass over how much collateral damage the loose cannon cop causes?
>>
>>51051976
Just let the Hierarch be the chief and the mayor. They're usually up their own asses anyway.
>>
>>51052034
>Damn it McGarnagle that Electrogmatic Pulse spell knocked out an entire city block! You're off the case!
>You're off your case Hierarch!
>>
>>51051369
I'd say roll Blood Potency to see who wins the Childe. If the prospective vamp is a PC, have the player choose
>>
>>51052065
Electromagnetic*
>>
>>51052065
>Who the fuck is this?
>This is your new partner.
>I told you, Chief.... I work alone.
>>
>>51052065
>>51052172
>You gotta tell 'em what you saw Billy. Do it for me..McGarnagle
>Okay, for you..McGarnagle
>Well McGarnagle, Billy is dead! The Seers slit his throat from ear to ear
>>
>>51052190
>>51052172
>>51052065

(A massive Paradox backlash turns Central Park into Jurassic Park)
>GODDAMNIT MCGARNAGLE, I WANT YOUR FOCI AND YOUR GRIMOIRE ON MY DESK BY NINE AM TOMORROW MORNING
>Bring your desk down here, Chief, you can have them right now.
>>
>>51052222
>>51052190
>>51052172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
>>
>>51052296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
>>
Did anyone update any bloodline disciplines to second edition?
>>
>>51052222
>Prince Mendoza is one of the most respected vampires in this state, and you staked three of his bodyguards and drove his limo off a cliff?!
>But Hierarch, I have proof that he's been kidnapping people for his blood farm!
>I don't wanna hear it, McBain, you're outta here!
>thunderbolts the hierarch out the window
>That makes two of us.
>>
>>51052360
>I can't avenge my cabalmate's death with this subtle magic
>I dont wanna hear it McBain, that vulgar bullshit of yours is against regulations! In this caucus we go by the book
>firebolts the book through a wall
>bye book
>>
>>51052360
>>51052434

(McGarnagle kicks an Exarch out of a low flying plane, sending him hurtling down to smash into a car in Manhattan)

>Last Exarch... to Brooklyn
>>
>McGarnagle and McBain
>Two Free Council mages who are sick of the rule and are going to see justice served,
>No
>Matter
>What
>>
>>51052539
I'd watch it.
>>
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~poindexterfamily/OldNames.html

List of English names, 1840's - 1890's.
>>
>>51052459
>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
>I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING IMPS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE
>NOW EVERYBODY STRAP IN
>I'm about to blast open some windows
>>
>>51047752
>>51048962
There's also:
3. Dungeon Keeper Mode: You lead and expand your cults, through politics, money, brute force and Power Cosmic. You use ghost and zombie minions, cursed Relics and whatever oddities you gain control over. It might involve guiding an international conglomerate or being a creepy spiritual adviser to a single family. Shape the world to your ends and deal with the fallout.
>>
>>51049611
Most of these are Left-handed:
Nagaraja are ascetic Reapers later absorbed by the Tremere.
(Legion) suffer from identity meltdown and steal souls and identities of others.
Alienists don't have a write-up. They were just mentioned. They do exactly what you want, but are Reapers.

Tamers of the Cave are Right-handed. They are martyrs in training. Compassionate, but the overlap with what you want is small.

At this point you should pick a different Legacy, or cook up your own.
>>
So I had this fun little trick to creating a Vampire character that's served me well in my last two games.

> Create a Human with 0 XP
> Figure out their backstory and stat them based on that
> Hand it to the ST
> They look at your character and figure out who would be most likely to have embraced them and why.

I think it's a really great way to start off with a stronger connection to the city, as well as add a small element of surprise to the experience. Would you guys ever try it? Would it work with any other supernatural types?
>>
>>51053381
>Would you guys ever try it?
Yeah, sounds more immersive.
>>
>>51053381

If I really trusted my ST, which I do, I'd give it a shot. Honestly it sounds perfect for Changeling, at least in terms of Kith.
>>
>>51053381
It could be nice, provided the storyteller isn't a dick and forces a social character to be a Nosferatu or the weak-ass bookworm to be a Gangrel.
>>
>>51053381
It's a really good idea. Character concept should be figured out before Clan or Bloodline gets layered on top. That way you don't get "a typical XXX"
>>
>>51051567
>mage
>admitting they're powerless

kek
>>
>>51048962
>Planescape: Torment: The RPG
Ah, now this is the way of running it that I hadn't considered, basically trying to tell the story not through one character's eyes, but rather a little cast that adds up to a focus. Sort of like Arrested Development, only with more ritual disembowelings.
>>51051345
It would depend on how he saw the Mystery at the heart of his investigations, would he characterize it as a beast that he had to run down and slay after tracking the clues it left as spoor? Or is it a shifting, complicated puzzle that his mind has to constantly attempt to unravel?
>>51052190
>Hey, I'm trying to gain Tass over here.
>>51053176
See, that's the type that I saw reading the book, but even with Descents that can least years, it just seems hard to really have enough control to have a coherent strategy.
>>
>>51053258
Damn, I was afraid that was the case. Guess I better get cooking.
>>
My buddy wants to GM us a game of (old) Dark Ages: Vampire, 15 years after we stop playing RPGs.
I want to mess with him because of all the power play he did on me when I was GM: what's the most OP build I can come up with the Core Rules? (Fresh start +60 XP)
Thx!
>>
Which of the oWoD settings were improved by nWoD? Other than Changeling, that is. I know that one only got better. What about Hunter and Werewolf though? I still haven't gotten around to reading about those. And is there anything like Demon the Fallen in nWoD?
>>
>>51056592
I would say that Hunter and Mage were the ones that saw the most improvement over their older iterations, Hunter became a game about Mortals and shadowy conspiracies rather than divinelyish inspired supernatural killers; Mage became a lot more focused on actual occultism rather than the rather annoying Magic v Technology (but also still Magic) that oWoD Mage had.
>>
>>51056592
Hunter the Vigil is closer to Hunters Hunted with a few more tricks and organizations, and I personally think it's better. Werewolf put the ecologist message on the back burner, though I'm not familiar with either version. Vampire's a mixed bag for me. I'm glad that some parts of the metaplot are gone (I dislike super-elders, but I liked the whole Caine myth and the Sabbat-Camarilla conflict) and the clans are wider archetypes, but most bloodlines are bland and there are way too many of them.
>>
>>51048540
>pseudo-mystical process for simultaneously identifying Aspel

Spotted the Aspel.
>>
>>51055408

There's also Pyramid play, where everyone has multiple characters (usually an Arisen and one mortal cultist) that you switch between when the mummies are in death-sleep or otherwise busy.
>>
>>51056829
You lose. But on your way out you can get a consolation prize.
>>
>reading the pdf for beast.
>read about heroes.
>one of them is a trench coat wearing, fedora tipping, Product of the "everyone's a winner!" Child worshipping of the baby boomer helicopter parent culture.

I'm split between think this is well written as exactly the sort of douchebag that would become a hero, and cringing cause it's a little too on the nose
>>
>>51056592

The closest you get to Fallen is probably Inferno and even then that's not particularly close. Descent is very good, but I wouldn't call it the same experience. Not because of the premise and aesthetic change either, those are surprisingly similar when you take a look at it, Descent just has a different kind of character arc for its protagonists than Fallen does.

>>51058706

Beast suffers from a chronic case of "not bad in theory, but maybe should have been dialed down a bit" in a lot of its passages and ideas.
>>
>>51058706
>beast
welp there goes the thread again
>>
>>51058795

Conquering Heroes is going to be out soon, Anon. Are you excited?
>>
>>51058706
>would become a hero
>implying being a hero is a bad thing
>>
>>51056592
>improved

There's not enough continuity to really phrase it that way, the games are barely related in a lot of ways. It doesn't hurt that the only oWoD games I like are Wraith and Demon, and neither of those have ready parallels in CofD.

For me, all of the CofD gamelines are better.
>>
>>51058810
who's writing it?
>>
>>51058820
Yeah I could get behind heroes being necessary since I can easily see a begotten getting really uppity and needing to get put down
>>
>>51058847

Dunno. They don't release names of people writing the books beforehand, usually. After all, some of them might have to leave the project. We'll see when it's out, I suppose.
>>
>>51058927
Then it really depends. current state beast still ha a lot of problems

Here is some reading material
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/38m7wm/beast_the_primordial/

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/beast-the-primordial/

Lets not have a huge thread fight over this. Largely it is mechanically simple which is good for new players or playing off splats in a mostly one splat game. But its themes and writing have a lot of unfortunate implications

If run well you could have yourself a really interesting idea. but I find it's whole thrwoing the narrative upside down. silly when I can just do that in any other game without needed a new splat with baggage

On the upside. The anthology fiction they put out does have some interesting insight. And if they focus and flesh out more of the ooc dumb justification into more IC perspective justification. Then they'll have an interesting product to work with
>>
>>51059085

I maintain that Beast will be good with supplements, and I've had a couple ideas for chronicles and historical settings that are really novel. It's never going to be my favorite gameline, but it's not a godawful tire fire like folks make it out to be.
>>
>>51059132

>I maintain that Beast will be good with suppliments

It won't. It might get better, but what's done is done at this point and there's just not enough in that corebook to make the game good, no matter how high quality the suppliments might be. I'd argue that if you need a suppliment to make the game good, like actually have it be vital to running the game, the game line itself has failed in some way. It was certainly Awakening's biggest flaw in 1e, with its saving grace being that the game was actually good, the corebook was just really bad about explaining it. Still, that made 2e's core all the more necessary for existing.

If there's ever going to be a good Beast, it'll need to be a 2e version of that game, so that it can roll up its (hopefully) better suppliments for a more thematically whole and content richer game.
>>
>>51051369
>What happens if during embrace two vampires from different clans drop equal amount of blood to the mouth of the one being embraced?
>>51051607
>What I want to know is, what happens if you embrace someone using the Vaulderie?

You'd probably just get Caitiff/Panders.
>>
>>51060303

Alternatively, the main character from As One Dead.
>>
Is there any kind of gallery/link for downloading all the artwork from both oWoD and nWoD Vampire books?
>>
>>51042339
sounds pretty cool
>>
>>51053381
Sounds good. My preferred method for creating characters (after the basic concept) is thinking of what they're noticeably bad at. Otherwise it's too easy to get into the mindset of "I never thought about it, so I guess my character should be OK at X" for all your abilities and attributes.
>>
Where can i find some inspiration for spirits? The new minus seems lacking on ethereal shit
>>
>>51060303
>You'd probably just get Caitiff/Panders

Whats a panders?
>>
File: bear coming at you.gif (1018KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
bear coming at you.gif
1018KB, 300x169px
>>51058706
>Product of the "everyone's a winner!" Child worshipping of the baby boomer helicopter parent culture

What's that?
>>
So, is there any verdict on v20 dark ages? I was looking through drive through and saw it. I have the v20 regular book but I got curious about the other one.
>>
>>51063702

It's pretty dang good, maybe the version of Dark Ages: Vampire yet.
>>
>>51063201
A bunch of Sabbat Caitiff banded together and are unofficially/semi-officially their own "clan". Their founder was named "Pander", so they've adopted his name.
>>
What would Shaggy (from scooby doo) be statted as in H:tV?
>>
>>51054469
>Character concept should be figured out before Clan or Bloodline gets layered on top.
I've always done this without needing to have the ST decide on my clan for me.
>>
>>51058706
I fucking love it and he's my favourite example character ever, and that's saying something when the very next one is "my grandson was sleeping with a vampire, so I will murder all the supernaturals".

He looks like Vergil from DmC. I love it.

I also love the idea of having that sort of dorky dismissable "joke boss" style antagonist who turns out to be disturbingly deadly, but unfortunately Heroes are mechanically boring.
Whee, +1s.
>>
>>51056470
Read up on Obtenebration, particularly combo disciplines involving it. The right build on a Lasombra fucking shreds.
>>
>>51058878
I actually think that one of the good parts of the game is that Heroes and Beasts are both ultimately useless, but that Beasts at least try to lie to themselves.

>>51059085
I feel like Kurieg isn't really fair. Especially since the justification thing IS in character, like I said above. Also, is it simple? I actually think it's got a lot of things that get in the way of it being a good game, and stretch it too thin. I mean, you've got playing Animal Crossing with your Lair, then you've got the two clashing themes of Hunger and Family, where building a Family means you can ignore your Hunger.
>>
>>51056829
It's a fair question, and one that remains unanswered. How do you ignore someone who remains Anon, UNLESS you goad them and call them out for being a fat, obnoxious, basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing loser who eats handfuls of their own shit?
>>
>>51058706
Just burn the damn book and go back to a proper game, with vampires or werewolves or even mages. The World of Darkness is big enough without Otherkin Lite.
>>
>>51059525
>I'd argue that if you need a suppliment to make the game good, like actually have it be vital to running the game, the game line itself has failed in some way.

M20 - how do I DO that? .png
>>
>>51062257
No-one ever bothered creating such an archive.

Besides, the artwork in both lines has historically been more up and down than a slut's knickers. For every awesome, moody piece by Timothy Bradstreet, there was a godawful abortion of art by Lief Jones.
>>
>>51063201
During the Second Sabbat Civil War, the Caitiff united behind a leader, Joseph Pander, and were instrumental in allowing the Lasombra to regain control. In recognition they were allowed to form a "Clan", of sorts.

Everytime the Caitiff of the Camarilla try to unite, the Justicars ruthlessly crush them. Given their numbers in a pre-Gehenna scenario, they could actually shake the foundations of the Ivory Tower if they ever got ideas.
>>
>>51065233
>How will we know who shits up the thread if we don't shit up the thread?
>>
>>51065230

You're more than welcome to do a rebuttal to Kurieg's review, because it's still the most comprehensive look at the book yet, and they present their case well. You can say they're not being fair all you want, but they put in the legwork.

I'm serious about this. I would genuinely like to see you and Kurieg debate about Beast, or at least see your look at the whole book to challenge his, because he finished the whole line up to now, the rest of it just hasn't been archived yet.
>>
>>51065371
>He sat proudly, typing about shitting up the thread, unaware that he was shitting up the thread as he did so.

You should look up the word "irony" sometime.
>>
>>51065389
>You're more than welcome to do work
Anon, if I wanted to be productive I wouldn't be on 4chan.
>>
Has Onyx Path given up on scanning old titles completely, in favour of pushing it's left wing propaganda and Otherkin: the Fuck You I'm A Kraken-ening? I have next to no interest whatsoever in the car wrecks of Mage 20th and I cannot justify spending hundreds of dollars on the phone books that they released for the rest of the 20th lines. I just want the stuff I enjoyed in the past. Their blithering about lost CD-ROMS from the Archive room means nothing - they could buy an ex libris copy off ebay and unpick the binding for scanning.
>>
>Beasts are metaphysically encouraged to be as evil as possible to feed.
>Heros are metaphysically encouraged to go hunt down Beasts.

In the book one of these is a monster
>>
>>51065389
>because he finished the whole line up to now, the rest of it just hasn't been archived yet.

I'm looking forward to the full archiving.
>>
>>51065691
>Has Onyx Path given up on scanning old titles completely
White Wolf is handling that now.
>>
>>51065691

That's all White Wolf's job and they're busy reviving the brand. Hopefully.

>>51065553

>implying you can't be productive and also be on 4chan

I'm just saying, you should do it. If you don't think a critical take is fair and it has clear sway in some form, you should challenge it. Artistic re-examinations don't happen on their own.
>>
>>51064176
Mortal with an addiction, and a low-dot retainer with True Friend.
>>
>>51064176
Do you mean which Compact/Conspiracy?

As for his stats, he'd have higher Resolve than you'd expect. He might be cowardly, but he's never abandoned his friends. I'd say Resolve 3.

I personally like the idea of making him a Sin-Eater, with Scooby as his Geist.
>>
>>51065782
I'd give up on trying to understand it. It's a juvenile revenge fantasy for complete losers who want to get back at that bitch Betsy Bright and that asshole Richie Marcus like Aspel
>>
>>51065782
In the Chronicles of Darkness, you do not play nice people. If you want to be nice, it's struggling against your nature, because you have to do harm to sustain your existence, and your nature drives you to callousness.

Or, you know, you can use the power of friendship. Beast is bad at theming.
>>
>>51067366
The power of family Anon.
It's very different.
>>
>>51067561
>The power of family

yes... family... this despite every other splat being at each other's throats and having completely different goals, outlooks and worldviews.

The most ridiculous thing about Beast is how fucking broken it is. With the right starting build you can literally twat someone with a skyscraper. Coz the vampire "relatives" would be REALLY happy about that, Masquerade and all.
>>
>>51067601
It's entirely retarded, yes.
But family isn't quite so out-of-theme as friendship.
Families cover up murder for each other...
Or so I've heard.
>>
Guys I'm reading a mango about a guy who commited suicide because his life sucked and brought misfortune to 6 people that were close to him and now he's stuck in a time loop until those guys get happy endings (sort of)

Is this what Wraith was about?
>>
>>51067299
I'll have you know I sexuality identify as a Deathclaw, thank you very much
>>
>>51067601
>despite every other splat being at each other's throats
This isn't oWoD anon. You can have vampires in your Werewolf pack.

>The most ridiculous thing about Beast is how fucking broken it is. With the right starting build you can literally twat someone with a skyscraper. Coz the vampire "relatives" would be REALLY happy about that, Masquerade and all.
This attitude that "strong=broken" is really frustrating because it doesn't make sense. Why do you feel that being able to throw a skyscraper--something that I have repeatedly pointed out doesn't actually work based on the math, and is only going to even be close at Lair 10, when other splats will be able to do far more--is broken? Could you give me some other examples of "broken" things? What reason do you have for seeing that as "broken"?
>>
>>51067760
>talking deathclaw

One of the worse things to come out of F2
>>
>>51067844
>>despite every other splat being at each other's throats
>This isn't oWoD anon. You can have vampires in your Werewolf pack

I as a carthian really do love my tyrant Invictus Overlords. hm hum. Got I love them so. Not planning on staking them out for the sun or anything thing like that. No siry bob. I mean really would family do that to each other?

Time for a sun tan Bob *burning screaming*
>>
>>51067904
>Talking about crossover
>Reply with inter-splat rivalries
>>
>>51067904
>One type of Carthian would hate all Invictus, thus meaning that all cross-splat and cross-faction alliances are impossible
Hmmmmm
>>
>>51067932
>>51067937

>missing the point
The assumption of cross splat family is foolishness when even within the same splat people are fight each other. All splats have inter spat and fighting. cross splat are possible. but going superfriends is just as dumb without a complying reason
>>
>>51067974
A Beast, an autumn beast Changeling, a crone gangrel Vampire, and an iron master rahu Werewolf all walk into a bar.
The Beast says "Wheres the Mage? This is a family reunion!"
And then the Beast was suddenly dragged out of the bar by the Mysterium in an attempt to dissect him. Everyone else was collateral. The end.
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow.gif (996KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow.gif
996KB, 500x220px
>>51067974
"You literally get benefits for it and it's a theme of the game" is a complying [sic] reason.

>>51068016
>Everyone else was collateral.
Pff. The Mysterium are not the Arrow.
>>
>>51068038
>The Mysterium are not the Arrow.
Of course not.
The Arrow believe in honour.
>>
>>51068016
>and then the Beast was suddenly dragged out of the bar by the Mysterium in an attempt to dissect him.

That's a terrible idea.

Even the Arcana will never get the stench of Beast out of your laboratory.
>>
>>51068113
>Shitting on Unmaking
Nigga, you for real?
>>
>>51068050
The Arrow's honor creates a bad habit of them solving conflicts with "I cast fist" instead of using more efficient magic.
>>
>>51068323
>Not liking punching a Uratha in the gut with enough force to knock them back through a brick wall
Guardian pls
>>
>>51068362
>Not creating a singularity in the pack's den during the break between rounds of waterboarding potential informants

Come on arrow-senpai
>>
https://youtu.be/ljvZ928YGrQ

Heard this on the radio today. I think it would make a good background song for your Mage playlist.

What order would it work as a theme for?
>>
>>51068475

ha, pure coinsidence I was thinking of posting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=398&v=yxDud25Lfnc
>>
>>51068475
Free Council
>>
>>51065305

Guess I'll just go through everything myself and rip whatever I can.
>>
>>51067741
No, Wraith was about being mentally ill.

I mean, think about it; the world looks massively broken-down and shitty, you have a voice in your head telling you to kill yourself, you're separated from friends and family by a metaphysical wall and the only real question is whether to end it all or slowly decay.
>>
File: aspel.png (267KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
aspel.png
267KB, 621x456px
>>51067844
SHUT UP, FUCK OFF AND DIE SCREAMING ASPEL
>>
>>51068038
>"You literally get benefits for it and it's a theme of the game" is a complying [sic] reason

Point
you

wew, that went over your head. I'll go nice and slow for your functionally retarded ass.

"literally get benefits for it" doesn't magically make Superfriends less dumb.

"a theme of the game" doesn't magically make Superfriends less dumb.

Just because you can have vampires in your werewolf pack, doesn't make it less retarded.

I can put handfuls of metal in the microwave. Doesn't make it a good idea.
>>
>>51068038
>using ooc knowledge of mechanics to justify IC actions
>what is meta
those are incentives to try to accomplish it Anon, not reasons why others will work together. stop being lazy

at least>>51068016 got the idea of playing off similar themes with a healthy dose of paranoia
>>
>>51063702
>So, is there any verdict on v20 dark ages?

V20 Dark Ages is pretty great. It's art ranges from decent to stunning, in my opinion. Gameplay wise there's not gonna be any major surprise or major changes if you've already read V20.

The new bloodlines are pretty great too; the Impundulu (and the other Laibon to a lesser degree) are one of the most interesting, due to the fact that they're not a bunch of vampires ruling over ghouls, but a bunch of vampiric dudes bound to covens of African witches due to an inability to feed on anything but the witches' blood.

The Dark Ages Ahrimanes are also pretty interesting, with their Norse origins and whatnot.

In short, it's well worth your time and/or money.
>>
For MtA, what kind of Tass would be produced from a Node in an abandoned gas station?

Would it be possible for a mage to leave things like water in the Node to try and manually create Tass?
>>
>>51069129
>gas station
oil
gas
TEXAS T
black gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzaxUF0k18
>>
>>51069206

I don't know much about gas stations actually, do abandoned ones usually have leftover oil? Where else would the Tass form if any supply of gas runs out?
>>
>>51069129
I always thought Tass was best described as those odd objects that just seem to appear when you're not looking. It also works well if Tass is literally consumable or destroyable, because then it has a mundane outward appearance that looks coincidental.

In your example? I would have an old crotchety humming drinks fridge with a blinking, barely functional light on top for a soft drink no-one has seen in over a decade - TAB would work - and for some reason, cans of soft drink keep appearing in it. Major ingredients: carbonated water, sugar, colouring no. 451, flavouring no. 666, Tass. Please dispose of thoughtfully.

The water example? I would have a tap that dispenses Tass-laden water, but it hammers like crazy.

>>51069030
You realise you're trying to reason with Aspel? That's like attempting to apply CPR to a skeleton. You're just wasting your time. The fat tranny bastard will argue with you just to make himself moist.
>>
>>51069236
>do old stations still keep oil?
They really don't. Typically they are boarded up and abandoned because of the lingering risk of gases and explosions. The pumps are often removed because they have useful parts inside. The station is left to stand for a few YEARS to allow the gases to dissipate, before the underground fuel tanks are removed and the building knocked down. Even then, the lots often stand empty for a long time before someone re-develops them.

Still, I've broken into a few. It is fascinating the things a person finds - ancient receipts and paperwork, old binders, empty cans from a bygone era, two-way mirrors, even ancient cash registers.
>>
>>51068396
Singularities lose to Gift of Strength, hilariously enough.
>>
>>51048776
You know there are a score of tripfags that /tg/ likes. You're not one of them. Ponder on that for a bit.
>>
>>51070497
This. Jakki doesn't inspire people to tell her to "shut the fuck up, fuck off and die." People hate you, Aspel, because you're inane, you're not as clever as you seem to think you are, and you're fucking annoying. You argue the point long after the battle is lost. I could make a bingo game out of your repetitive phrases. I can always spot your posts. You will never be welcome here.
>>
So, recently i ran VtM V20 game for the first time in my life. I was kinda afraid that some encounters would be too tough for the 3 neonates, so much more was my dissapointment when they dispatched 3 Blood Brothers and some time after one adolescent werewolf in 3 and one rounds respectively, the funny thing is that actually only one of them due to teh acting first killed the werewolf. The fuck am i doing wrong? I thought that at least werewolves would pose a serious threat to the kindred. I planned another two grand standoffs that they might chose to participate in later, but i ain't so sure they're so grand anymore.
>>
>>51070888
P.S. To be fair they get a hold of silver bullets before going to the werewolf's lair, but still. Am i being to generous? Cause i thought that "Always say "Yes"" motto is a good thing to do, provided you give them a challenge in order to do what they wish, but i feel it kinda starts to spiral out of control. Yeah, i mean players were enjoying the game, and told me so afterwards, fun times were had, but i'm afraid that i can't provide the challenge for them, so next game they very well might resort to only two options "Dominate" (our resident Ventrue uses it every fucking time the chance presents itself) and violence, which is not very fun and tedious in the long run.
>>
>>51068898
>>51069030
Anon, just because you don't like something doesn't mean there isn't a compelling reason, and the book does more than enough job of giving compelling reasons.
>Just because you can have vampires in your werewolf pack, doesn't make it less retarded.
Just because you insist that supernaturals should be at each other's throats doesn't mean anything. There's no compelling reason for it. You don't have to like superfriends, but you also don't have to play it, no one is forcing you.
>>
>>51070888
What rules are you using for the Werewolves? The Blood Brothers I can see them having an easy time with when it's just a band of three brothers, but even an adolescent werewolf should usually have ripped a group of neonates to bits unless they're all combat-specced.

>>51070991
If they resort to violence and dominate all the time, just have them come face to face with an elder kindred who A; they can't dominate since you can't dominate a kindred with a lower generation, and B; can either rip them all a new asshole personally or just outmaneuver them socially and hire a bunch of vampire mercs to kill them all.

Also, do NOT give silver bullets to fucking neonates. That was your first mistake.

Silver bullets aren't something you can get a hold of easily, and the easier you make it for them to get the natural counters to any threat they come across the less fun it's going to be in the end.

If you tell your group that they *might* be able to get some silver bullets, then make sure to impose some limitations, such as not giving them a box of bullets, but rather only one or two bullets in total, or just make them face the *real* danger of werewolves... namely that they travel in packs, and are extremely vindictive assholes, and how even a barrel of silver bullets likely won't be enough to hinder them.

Make them feel like they actually made a mistake in killing that werewolf, whether it be socially or physically; that way, they won't be so eager to risk a confrontation with one the next time around.
>>
File: 1471719429059.jpg (33KB, 750x534px) Image search: [Google]
1471719429059.jpg
33KB, 750x534px
>>51048776
>Maybe we should all have trips.
>>
Has anyone ever tried statting up Batman as a Hunter?
>>
>>51071302
Batman is a Mage because they're both Gods
>>
>>51071229
>What rules are you using for the Werewolves?
I basically just ripped the adolescent werewolf stats from the main rulebook for VtM V20. It was supposed to be a perfect metis.
>do NOT give silver bullets to fucking neonates.
Well, they robbed the pawn shop which just so happened to have a silver chandeliere, owner didn't file a report on them since he had a shotgun and the setting is London, you know how it's there.
> they travel in packs
Well, as far as i know Metis are not welcome in packs, and the story required it to be the lone wolf, no pun intended, bitter at the whole supernatural world he has no place in. Except they didn't get to know any of that since they've killed him in less than half a minute.
What i ask is what would be a reasonable challenge for the group of 3 neonates one of whom is munchkined to the hell and back in terms of combat abilities.
They need to assasinate a person in the embassy, under the guard of Leopold Society and optionally discover the facility that helps elder vampires with Withering, providing them with Caitiff and high generation vampires as food, which is ran by a Prince of London.
What challenge would be reasonable?
>>
>>51071319
He's a Bat-God in the bad portrayals. I'm talking about the Batman who has limitations but wins despite them through dtermination and skill.
>>
>>51071374
>I'm talking about the Batman who has limitations but wins despite them through fate magic and memes
>>
>>51071188
>there isn't a compelling reason,
name the compelling reason plox
>>
>>51071380
I do admit he often has great amounts of Plot Armor, but what memes are you talking about?
>>
>>51071350
>Well, they robbed the pawn shop which just so happened to have a silver chandeliere

How the fuck did they make that into a bunch of silver bullets? Did they just melt it down into small pellets and then stuff it into an olde time-wimey blunderbuss shotgun or some shit, complete with black powder? xD

>>51071350
>Well, as far as i know Metis are not welcome in packs

Metis are more than welcome in plenty of packs. Metis werewolves are viewed as a bad sign of shame, yes, and they're often forced into the roles of what you'd call "omegas", but they're still a fucking werewolf, and they're usually kept in the packs regardless, even if they're viewed as a sign of shame (especially for the werewolves who concieved the metis). When you're literally fighting a war for the survival of the Earth itself, you rarely have the luxury to tell potential troops to go fuck themselves. There *are* metis who are forced out of their packs, but they're usually quickly picked up by other packs.

Heck, the Children of Gaia tribe adopts just about any metis they come across, since they're really big on the whole "forgiveness" thing (mind you, they aren't very forgiving towards anything reeking of the Wyrm, so vampires are fucked either way).

>>51071350
>What i ask is what would be a reasonable challenge for the group of 3 neonates one of whom is munchkined to the hell and back in terms of combat abilities.
Elder vampires with dominate, dementation, chimerstry or other mind-fucking abilities.

>>51071350
>They need to assasinate a person in the embassy, under the guard of Leopold Society and optionally discover the facility that helps elder vampires with Withering
These two groups would not have *anything* to do with each other, especially during the Withering; the leader of the Society of Leopold has taken a real hardline stance on vampires, and all vampires are being tortured and killed on sight, and view just about anything involving vampirism as the biggest sins out there.
>>
>>51071479
fuck did they make that into a bunch of silver bullets?
They contacted a group of "doghunters", using their connection with Nosferatu and being the guys who destroyed the Sabbath recon party and offering half of the silver, they've got a bunch of amalgamed silver bullets.
>Metis are more than welcome in plenty of packs.
To be fair i don't know jack shit about werevolves except for the things i read on wiki. That is definetely my bad.
>Elder vampires with dominate, dementation, chimerstry or other mind-fucking abilities.
Duely noted.
>These two groups would not have *anything* to do with each other
Yep. Those are two encounters with groups that don't share the same goals. They don't work together. OoL protects the guy neonates are tasked to kill, but if they retrieve information from him and decide to investigate they'll uncover the Queen Anne's network of Withered Elders supply of kindred's blood.
>>
>>51071553
Oh, and one of the neonates is Sheriff's hound, unknown to others. Her task is to make anything for the info to not get out.
>>
>>51071426
"I want to" is more than a compelling enough reason, and the book itself gives several compelling reasons. The fact that it's a core theme of the game to do crossover and make friends with other supernaturals is a compelling reason. Hell, The Pack gives compelling reasons for why you'd want non-werewolves in your Werewolf pack. You can't ignore all the ways that the book encourages it and then say there's no compelling reason.
>>
>>51071690
>"I want to" is more than a compelling enough reason, a
That's a circular reason, doofus. To be compelled is to be moved to want something. If you already want to do something, you need not be compelled to do the thing.

>it's a core theme to do crossover and make friends
Doesn't make it compelling to play crossover, so much as that it makes it an assumption of play to do cross-over. That's still not a compelling reason. 'specially Considering the fact that WoD games are notorious for not dealing with cross-over all to well.

>The Pack
We're talking about Beast right, not werewolf.

>You can't ignore
Well, I can't ignore compelling reasons that aren't there. You're right on that account.
>>
>>51071302
How about this?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd?p=920967#post920967
>>
>>51071991
>'specially Considering the fact that WoD games are notorious for not dealing with cross-over all to well.
I always wondered why that was. In all of the games I've come across other supernatural creatures never became more involved than a minor side-piece.
>>
>>51072267
>other supernatural creatures never became more involved than a minor side-piece.
So you've never actually played in a cross-over chronicle
>>
>>51071991
"The games don't support it" is a bad reason when this game supports it.
Also, they're not notorious for not dealing with it well. What are you even talking about?
And I fail to see how "I want to do the thing" is circular reasoning. You're asking me what reason there is to do something. "I want to" is the most compelling reason when it comes to RPGs.

>>51072267
It's just a matter of focus. Hell, a lot of the books do go into crossover, but they tend to talk about classing or meshing themes. There's plenty of compelling reason for crossover, particularly because each character is unique, unlike in old world of darkness where everyone hated everyone else for pretty arbitrary reasons. It would actually be more reasonable to say there's no compelling reason NOT to do crossover, especially when your splat gives you so many crossover focused features, like Mother's Milk, Family Resemblance, Family Dinner, and of course the fact that you literally have to talk to other supernaturals to get new Nightmares.

Most games don't do crossover well simply because juggling the knowledge of two or more separate supernatural spheres of influence in depth is difficult, but plenty of people run games that manage, or at least manage well enough for the players to have fun.

Although I do think that running games where the players are one splat and they get involved with other stuff, that may not be statted normally or treated normally (a la Hunter and Demon STG) is the best way to handle things.
>>
>>51043003
More Mike Mignola's Fair Folk then tinkerbell. Muh trigger fairies are actually real fucking neato.

But hey, Thule Society for life.
>>
>>51072528
>. "I want to" is the most compelling reason
I want to is the end result of a compelling reason, it is not the compelling reason itself. Did you even read the post you replied to? Oh, wait. That's right, you lack any significant skill in reading comprehension.
>>
>>51072315
>So you've never actually played in a cross-over chronicle
No. I'm not the one you're arguing with.
>>
>>51072647

>Mike Mignola

Did ya'll know he used to do some art for White Wolf stuff? It's pretty neat.
>>
>>51072528
>"The games don't support it" is a bad reason
Let me clarify: mechanically the different games are quite compatible. However, there are of course power discrepancies. Which is a strike 1 in my book, when it comes to the cross-over question.
>Muh Mage supremacy etc.

A bigger problem - the actual problem - is that the themes of the games don't mesh well, if at all.

Cross-over can be done, sure. Your table, your decisions. But don't pretend it's true that
>it would actually be more reasonable to say there's no compelling reason NOT to do crossover
That's simply bull fucking shit.

>when this game supports it.
Mechanically, maybe. Thematically, yeah sure: if only on its own terms. That still doesn't change the themes of the other game-lines though.

>And I fail to see
Yeah, keep working on basic logic, rhetoric and reading comprehension. You'll get there.
>>
God-tier:
>Cappadocian
>Lasombra
>Malkavian
>Nosferatu
>Tzimisce

Mid-tier:
>Assamite
>Tremere
>Salubri-antitribu
>Setites/Serpents of the Light
>Ventrue

Awesome for NPCs-tier
>Baali
>Blood Brothers
>True Brujah
>Gargoyle
>Harbingers of Skulls
>Kiasyd
>Nagaraja
>Salubri
>Samedi
>Old Clan Tzimisce
>Tlacique
>Daitya

Low-tier:
>Brujah
>Gangrel
>Giovanni
>Ravnos
>Toreador

Caitiff-tier:
>Ahrimanes
>Caitiff/Panders
>Children of Osiris
>Daughters of Cacophony
>>
Wish me luck. The vampires attacked Pentex in a major way via Influence and 'eco terrorism' and... I'm not sure how this is going to turn out.
>>
Holy FUCK is it possible at ALL to find a Mage 2e game? Or is everyone pretending to not be an obese piece of shit and is a "vampire?"
>>
>>51073012
I recently found my first. It's pbp.
>>
File: 1473098765540.png (84KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473098765540.png
84KB, 480x280px
>>51072906
>VtM
>>
File: 1483545965272.png (87KB, 480x305px) Image search: [Google]
1483545965272.png
87KB, 480x305px
>>51073467
>fuck off Aspel
>>
Has someone got some other source for portraits instead of the one in the pastebin? That one is really good but lacks in some demon and spirits
>>
>>51072649
No it's not. "I want to" is all the reason you need. A compelling reason is just more likely to make you want to. Nevermind that I listed quite a few of them in a general sense, and players themselves can (and have) think of many specific reasons for why they want to do crossover, both in and out of Beast.
You don't think there's a compelling reason because you don't want to. For other people, they want to. They have their reasons. Hell, Jakki keeps wanting to do a Hunter/Beast crossover where a Maidensblood Sisterhood member who has their Devouring and protects the campus, or something like that. And >>51068016 mentions several top level reasons for crossover. Not to mention that, again, the Beast book itself has an entire section dedicated on how and why Beast might cross over with other supernaturals.
On top of that, at the end of the day, if you look at Beast and say "I *don't* want to interact with other supernaturals", it's like trying to make a Mage who doesn't hunt Mysteries. Sure, you can mechanically do that, but it's against the themes of the game.
Only, in this case, there are other themes to explore. So it's somewhere that Beast's lack of focus comes in handy.

>>51072841
Strike one in your book, sure, but not every book. Likewise, no, there really isn't any compelling reason to avoid crossover. The reasons for avoiding it are essentially personal, same as with your concern over power discrepancies. Hell, *I* wouldn't even do a "Superfriends" game without a personally good plot, but I'm not going to pretend that it's for anything other than my own dislike of it. The default assumption of the game is that wizards and vampires and such all exist. That's why they're mentioned throughout each other's books.

Cut the asinine shit. I fail to see it because you haven't made a reasonable argument why "I want to do the thing" isn't a good enough reason to do the thing. On top of me pointing out all the reasons why someone might want to do the thing.
>>
>>51072906
>malkavian
>god tier

>Tremere
>Not "gtfo and go play d&d you fucking manchildren" tier
>>
File: Kim-Pine-Headshot.gif (895KB, 400x217px) Image search: [Google]
Kim-Pine-Headshot.gif
895KB, 400x217px
>>51073592
> mentions several top level reasons for
>>
>>51073601
He likes Masquerade, what the fuck did you expect? Good taste?
>>
>>51073725
>Pulp
>Bad taste
>Choose one
It's like you're an elderly person.
>>
>>51073592
I'm not sure you wanted to quote me as 'several top level reasons for crossover' but since I was the guy a few threads back talking about how Beasts primarily make good antagonists I'll give my 2 cents.
Crossover works. They're the fun. The real issue is when you go full superfriends. It's really hard to justify more than two supernaturals at a time. The Changeling and Beast have plenty in common, but the Vampire and Werewolf are much harder to justify. Now try to justify the Changeling hanging out with the Vampire and Werewolf. On top of that, Beasts have no morality stat they're tied to. They're the defacto 'do your dirty work' guy, and they feed on that! They aren't family, they're a goddamn evil minion pretending to be anything but. If anything, Beast should be about how they don't fit in and ruin the lives of the supernaturals they cling to. They're like the serpent in the garden of eden.
>>
>>51073755
Yeah, now go on and play your non-sense, monodimensional and stereotyped character, childe.
Because you have "good taste"
>>
>>51072940

I can't believe the entire domain is going to be burnt alive by Pentex First Response Teams.

In all seriousness though, good luck on that, that's gonna end real messy no matter how it goes down.
>>
>>51073907
>assumption: the posting
>>
>>51073907

>I only play mature games for mature people like me
>>
>>51073713
>>51073834
By "mentions several reasons", I mean "these are groups with shared interests". Unless that's not what you were going for (Hunters in Darkness seems more Beast than an Iron Master). And, yeah, I admit that when you add more supernaturals, it becomes more and more contrived. But it can still work (after all, Dresden Files gives personal reasons why Thomas, Leanansidhe, Murphy, and Sanya would help assault Chichen Itza).

> They aren't family, they're a goddamn evil minion pretending to be anything but.
I dont' really agree. They are family. They're just also very much potentially evil (and definitely dangerous) parts of a broken and ancient system that's no longer relevant in the modern world trying to give excuses for themselves. The best ones live up to their noble intentions, the worst use it as nothing but an excuse.

And it's important to keep in mind that they *do* often ruin the lives of the supers they cling to. They literally impose a Condition that amounts to "fuck your responsibilities and come smoke weed with me".

There's a lot to like about Beast. It's just there's also a lot to dislike. There's a lot to Beast period, it's just spread so fucking thin.
>>
>>51073012
Mage is a harder game to run.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
i just played VtmB
>filtered
and was wandering if there is such a thing as the quai gin tentacle cthulhu monster at the end.
please dont filter me
>>
>>51074429
If it's just in a vampire contest, i'd say gangrel
>>
>>51074429
kuei jin*
>>
>>51074485
what?
gangrel?
im confused
>>
>>51073592

Because you mentioned it, I wanted to see that I have a Beast character in reserve who's an advocate and activist on her campus who defends her sisters from mundane abuses during the day and vampires at night; her Devouring allows her to more effectively threaten predatory assholes, but also means that the local Circle of the Crone think that she's a divine messenger in mortal flesh. I've also got a VASCU agent whose Wintergreen Process triggered a Devouring instead of osychic potential, and a whole Dark Era focused on Changeling set in Mythic Greece.

I don't like Beast all that much, but I can come up with ideas for it just fine, ideas I would enjoy playing and running. Hell, I can do that for all of the gamelines that I'm not super fond of; it isn't hard. Nothing in the CofD is an unsalvageable trainwreck like they're sometimes made out to be, and anyone saying otherwise just means they haven't read a genuinely bad RPG recently.
>>
>>51074541
>who's an advocate and activist on her campus who defends her sisters from mundane abuses during the day and vampires at night

So a magical girl urban horror anime?
>>
File: cheating.jpg (55KB, 508x374px) Image search: [Google]
cheating.jpg
55KB, 508x374px
>Fuckers being this dense

WHY should Splat X deal with a Beast longer than necessary? Anons are being super fucking lazy using OOC knowledge desires and applying it ICly. That's meta gaming you LazyX. Everyone comes into the game with wants out of the town, the trick is finding a reason IN game, even it is silly or thin. Is it SO hard to use logic to backup your argument? There are reasons Anon is just too fucking lazy to make a real argument. Thats like showing up for a debate and expecting your opponent to make your case for you. But Hey what should I expect it worked for Trump.

The Anthology actually does give a few believable reasons. But thats do to good writers sitting down and making it happen in the context of the story.

Moral: Stop expecting others to do your homework for you in the RL
>>
>>51074851

I think Magical Girl is a loaded term.
>>
File: princesscat.jpg (21KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
princesscat.jpg
21KB, 324x244px
>>51074851
Princess the Hopeful
>>
>>51075011
You're the one being dense.
No one is even using OOC knowledge and desires and applying it ICly.
"There are mechanics to support it" works for Beast the same reason it works for Mage: There are literal aspects of the rules governing your character that encourage you to do a thing. These aren't secrets, they're things that every character of this type knows. It's hard to use logic to back up an argument when you're ignoring logic.

"Why should splat X deal with a Beast longer than necessary?" Well, aside from the numerous reasons any mundane human being would interact with any other mundane human being for longer than necessary, there's also the multitude of in-game benefits for them. Getting Beats and bonuses is good reason to hang around someone. There's also, you know, personal reasons. There's an entire fucking section in the book that talks about those reasons, too. Try page 224 to 230 if you can't think of any of them.

If anything, YOU are using OOC knowledge when you say "why would anyone hang around Beasts more than necessary?" Do you think that every Vampire has read the Beast: The Primordial book and come to the same conclusions you have?

No, they interact with Beasts on a likely individual basis, and as such end up having believable reasons to interact with Beasts because people have sat down and made it work in the context of the story. You might as well ask shit like "why would X splat interact with Y splat??" there are several reasons. You don't even need reasons, because both the member of X and the member of Y are individual characters, not fully formed by their splats. You acknowledge that it can happen, yet you still ask how it can happen?

>Moral: Stop expecting others to do your homework for you in the RL
What? RL?
>>
Would any permanent damage happen to a pack of werewolves if they had all their essence torn out and captured?
>>
>>51042262
Admiral James Alden Jr is in my campaign as a ghost.
>>
>>51075437
>You don't even need reasons
>Lazyfag whining about being called out on their bullshit

>multitude of in-game benefits for them. Getting Beats and bonuses is good reason to hang around someone

>plenty of reasons in character, using ooc examples.
K

> You acknowledge that it can happen, yet you still ask how it can happen?
because it is upon you to actually make your side of the argument. and your points all come back to Because I want to or fall back on ooc. If you want something put in the legwork or shove off. That is the cry of a toddler. I want the benefit, but do not want the work. Why should I be surprised you damn Yankees learn nothing in school. Its mine own damnable fault than I keep expecting more.

Oh and if you this A person in the title post stop replying.
>>
>>51075783
Long lasting maybe probably. like a condition or something. Permanently probably not. Still super fucking annoying thou. I think like the PrimalUrge6 types get sleepy not sure; something about them bleeding essence. But realistically folks wouldn't be the high power stat in most games
>>
>>51072906
>not having Nagaraja PCs.
Why would you not want to be an Indian void mystic? Shit sounds cash.
>>
>>51076005
It's not lazy. Jesus fucking Christ, we get it, you hate Beast, you hate Crossover.

Game mechanics are not OOC examples. If I'm a Beast, I am fully aware that I get powers from being around other supernaturals. If I'm another supernatural, I am fully aware that this weird guy makes me stronger and better at the things I do.
Arguing that it's an OOC justification is like arguing that Obsessions in Mage are OOC. I feel like you just flat out don't understand how this game works. This whole system is based around encouraging things by giving OOC rewards like Beats and Willpower.

>because it is upon you to actually make your side of the argument.
I can't make an argument if you don't listen to it. I've repeatedly given you reasons, but you go "well I don't accept them because they don't count because I can't think of a reason".

Why don't you tell me what a good reason is, huh? Why don't you tell me a good reason for any character to do anything. Not just Beast, not just crossover. Give me an example of what you feel is an IC reason for doing something.
>>
>>51076613
>Why would you not want to be an Indian
POO
IN
LOO
>>
>>51072906
>not loving V20 Ravnos
>not trying to play a Gargoyle in every game
>Assamites lower than Malkavians, the worst-played clan in VtM
>GANGREL AND BRUJAH IN LOW TIER
>>
>>51076734
You're right, Malks should be just on the same shit tier as Assamites
And Brujah+Gangrel should be Caitiff tier
>>
>>51076779

I actually think Caitiff and Panders are super tight. Time of Thin Blood is one of my favorite VtM supplements.
>>
>>51072906
Patrician tier
>Ventrue
>Toreador

Equestrian tier
>Cappadocian
>Dominate Malkavian
>Gangrel (all bloodlines except Mariner)
>Giovanni
>Lasombra
>Nosferatu
>Salubri
>Samedi

Plebeian tier
>Blood Brothers
>Brujah scum
>Caitiffs and Panders
>Daughters of Cacophony
>Fishmalks
>Mariner Gangrel
>Ravnos
>Setites

Philistine tier
>Ahrimanes
>Nagaraja

Crawling in my skin tier
>Assamites
>Old Clan Tzimisce
>Salubri antitribu
>Serpents of Light
>True Brujah
>Tzimisce

Dude wizards tier
>Tremere
>>
My character is a Moros Mage specializing mostly in Matter, but he just had his Awakening, and doesn't even know any other Mages/hasn't found any. What are some good ways to find Mages? This is based in the Seattle, WA area. He's never gonna git gud at magic if he can't find a group to work with.
>>
>>51076629
>Trying to prove a negative
>continual OOC argument
whack off Aspel
>>
>>51077518
At this point you're the one wacking of. You haven't got an argument, so you just keep demanding more and more reasons that you'll ignore.
>>
>>51077420
If they didn't find you from the Supernal Supernova that's an Awakening, then your GM might just not be interested in introducing any to you.

As a Mage you'd probably lknow the best way to find other Mages it to basically create a whole fucking load of noise in the Supernal World.

Essentially, cast hardcore Magic frequently.
And just hope a Seer, Reaper or Scelestus isn't the first to notice you.
>>
>>51077420
Seek out mysteries. Other mages will be there and want to have a look at them.
>>
>>51077642
shit, you reminded me of him hinting about that. Thank God.

>>51077711
I haven't played in a while, what are mysteries?
>>
>>51077832
>what are mysteries?
Anything strange at all, really. The door that leads to a strange world every full moon. The gameboy that makes children who use it geniuses. The woman who seems really, really young for her age, and has traces of blood in her bathtub.
>>
>>51076629

>If I'm a Beast, I am fully aware that I get powers from being around other supernaturals

Would you, though? Even in the fiction, Beasts seem to be just as surprised to discover and be around their kin as the other supernaturals are. And considering the nebulous hand-wavy population estimates of the supernaturals puts Beasts on the rarer side of things, a Beast could actually go for a long time not discovering Family Dinner or Mother's Kiss. It doesn't seem like something that would be innate knowedge post-Devouring, and would probably be have to be taught by a Brood member or at least someone in the nearby Hive.

Since Beasts are supposed to be looking for the weird margins of the CofD, they're probably more likely to run into the splats than the others, I suppose, but that's still not much of a guarantee.
>>
>>51078065
>Would you, though?
For the same reason Mages are aware of their Obsessions, even if they don't know the mechanics. The way I see it, Beasts are more likely to run into other Supers than other Supers are to run into Beasts, because of those handwavey population estimates. Just as Hunters are more likely to run into other Supers than other Supers are to run into Hunters.

And even if it is something that you have to learn, it's not like it's unreasonable to expect that many Beasts are going to learn it fairly early.
>>
>>51078362

Hunters are more likely to run into Supers because there's more of the former than there are the latter. Beasts aren't even guaranteed to live near a Hive, or so it would seem.

I don't know, I've never gotten the impression that Beasts are more knowledgeable about the in-and-out of their own splat any more than any other Super would be. Then again, their central pseudo-religous figure is real and does keep in contact with her "children", so I suppose that's as good a reason as any.
>>
>>51078631
There are also more of the former than the latter for Beasts, too.

I mean, my general assumption is that after a year or so of having been turned, any supernatural character is going to know the vague details of their base template, and won't be surprised about any new traits.
>>
>>51078858

Are you sure that's true for Beasts? The book seems to give the impression that they're on the rarer side of the Supernatural populations. Hives aren't presented as common, and forming a Family seems to be a big deal since you could be the only Brood in town.

If I remember right, the hand-wavey demographics seem to go:

"Common": Vampires, Werewolves, Mortals (natch), Hunters

"Uncommon": Mages, Changelings, Beasts, maybe Sin-Eaters?

"Rare": Mummies, Demons, Prometheans

But again, we know for a fact that they do get hints and clues to their nature and how to act from their supernatural patron, so that seems to cover the bases.
>>
File: vamp3.jpg (242KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vamp3.jpg
242KB, 723x1000px
Vampire the Masquerade had Music from the Succubus Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM

Does Vampire the Requiem have anything of the sort?
>>
>>51079038

I feel like 2e says there's about a hundred Prometheans on Earth (which I'm not a big fan of), and you can do some funky math to figure out how many Arisen there are.

If memory serves, it's something like 42 x 7 x 5 minimum for the Arisen, so... 1470 ish, roughly the same as the number of years in a Sothic Turn? But most are them are asleep at a given moment.
>>
>>51079155
2e outright says there are only "a couple hundred" or so Prometheans, or something similar. It's a really low number.

>>51079038
That's what I meant. Beasts are rarer than others, so they're more likely to find a Vampire than a vampire is to find a Beast. They have a fair shot of finding someone else. And, frankly, the book implies in some places that they'll have an easier time falling in with Vampires than other Beasts.

Also, I think Changelings are pretty common, as far as supers go.

Also, I thought Hives form naturally, and around the most impressive Supernatural force in the city, that gives the Supernatural creatures nightmares? Or am I thinking of something else. The whole Primordial Dream map is kind of confusing.
>>
>>51079241
>they're more likely to find a Vampire than a vampire is to find a Beast

Do remember that a decent number of them have their Devouring triggered by another Beast.
>>
>>51079241

Hives form when Beasts decide to link their Lairs together, it just gets influenced by who is considered the scariest person in the region.

>>51079155

I thought that was a 1e concept brought back for 2e. Either way, it's very silly, especially if we're to assume that at least some of the Dust Bowl specific Prommies are still around, unable to attain the New Dawn.
>>
>>51079649

Do Prometheans ever die of old age?
>>
>>51079665

Yes, they have a set 100 year lifespan. Even so, however, this means we have at least twenty years or so before that Lineage can truly be considered extinct.
>>
>>51079123

Nothing like that, unfortunately. A lot of fan mixes, but not an offical themed sampler from a record company. I wish VtR had more tie-ins, to be honest, but those are the breaks of coming second, I guess.
>>
>>51073296

Is it still recruiting?
>>
>>51079689
Couldn't they extend that by going into Wastelands?
>>
>>51079689

That can't be right, I thought Verney was still around. And there's that Extempore who's been around for thousands of years.
>>
>>51079827

2e says that Prometheans live for about a century until their flame goes out and they die. If a Promethean dies and returns from the Rivers, this clock is reset.
>>
>>51077592
You're the one trying to prove something
>>
>>51079649
What about an area where there's an Apex but no Beasts?

>>51079760
In 1e, they could. 2e only by dying.

>>51080108
Yes, and I proved it.
"Why would anyone do X"
"Here are several reasons"
"Those don't count".
>>
>>51056470
Tzimisce. Celerity + Potence + Horrid Form. To save some XP, either start as one of the revenant families that has those disciplines (Bratovich or Szantovich) or take the additional discipline merit.

Enjoy being an undead wood chipper.
>>
>>51080269

If there's an Apex but no Beasts in an area, then it's just a bunch of empty Chambers in the Primordial Dream that Mages, Changelings, and unlucky Mortals and Hunters can probably end up stumbling into, themed after the Apex.

A Hive is simply a regional linking of Lairs and their individual Chambers together, which creates a greater Beast community, but only in the sense that they're all living together in the same, shared space. There's still no real formal politics to speak of, and the Apex probably doesn't even know what they are half the time. The only social formation with any real acknowledgement is the Brood (i.e., you and the rest of the PCs) though occasionally Broods will form alliances of convenience when Beasts go to war for various reasons.

Technically, a single Brood and their linked Lairs count as a Hive in more sparsely populated areas.
>>
>>51080269
Anon you could using ooc mechainical reasons when that Anon was really looking for incharacter reasons.
>>
>>51082137
Just because I'm pointing to mechanics doesn't make it an OOC reason. The mechanics are the laws governing the game world. Family Dinner or the desire to learn new Nightmares is as much a reason to do something as a Mage's obsession is, or a Vampire's need to drink blood. In fact, those mechanics are put in the game specifically to encourage certain types of play.

Even beyond that, I've given in character reasons as well. In character reasons that aren't "my Beast wants to feed without harming anyone, so he starts hanging around the Mage" and "My Beast wants to learn how to impose the fear of the Abyss", even.

Any supernatural could have plenty of reason to interact with another supernatural simply out of curiosity, if nothing else. Then there are shared beliefs or experiences. I know that I would want to play up the connection between The Dark Mother and the Crone and Luna as three aspects of the same ur-concept.
>>
>>51082369

Why do you keep spoilering Luna? She's not real, it's not like she can hurt you.
>>
>>51082369
I thought Luna was actually the male, and Wolf was the female who birthed the firstborn. Even thematically, Wolf fits that ur-concept better. Damn To The Strongest dark age confusing the lore.
>>
>>51077039
>Crawling in my skin tier
>Assamites
>Tzimisce

How?
>>
>>51082607

I mean, they're powerful concepts made form, they can be both the mom and the dad. They probably ARE both Mom and Dad.
>>
>>51082554
Because I'm making a meta-joke that the progenitor of all Werewolves is actually evil.

>>51082607
Both and/or either of the two are male and/or female, but Luna fits a lot of the stereotypes and historical tropes that the Crone and Dark Mother are playing off of.
The maternal night time Goddess of monsters. Like how Luna gave birth to the ̶I̶d̶i̶g̶a̶m̶ werewolves.
>>
>>51082886

I don't know if just putting the name behind the spoiler is much of a joke, especially since technically that's the prevailing view of the majority of Werewolves about her, but you do you I guess.
>>
>>51083089
I don't think the prevailing view is that "Luna is evil", unless you mean prevailing in that the Pure are dominant. Is that even still true in 2e?
>>
>>51083227

I was referring to the Pure being the majority of Werewolves, yes. It still seems to be true, if only because it's pretty hard to be called "the Forsaken" if you have a superiority in numbers. That and I don't remember 2e explicitly denying it, but its Pure write-up was 2000 words long so it really focuses more on the important stuff. Like a lot of things, we'll see if that sticks.
>>
>>51083345
>That and I don't remember 2e explicitly denying it
You should go the other way. Nothing from 1e is still true unless it explicitly mentions it. 2e core is meant to be someone's first time with Werewolf.

Also, I was always under the impression that they were Forsaken in that they've been cursed by their ancestor's sin of killing Urfarah.
>>
>>51083381

Nah, it was developed as a chronicle book the slip into 1e first, then became a 2e book later. It already assumes you're familiar with 1e in some way, and recommends some 1e books to use, so everything in 1e still applies in theme and setting unless it's been explicitly changed, so it's safe to assume that the Pure still outnumber the Forsaken.

They're certainly Forsaken because of making the kill, but they're also forsaken in the sense that they're outmanned and overrun by those who should be their peers but chose to pursue a life of comfort over doing the right thing.
>>
>>51083742
The "Chronicle" books were all intended to be treated as full second editions, that's why they had the core rules. They were always second editions, they just couldn't be labeled as such. It recommends 1e books, but it's still treating it as if this is your first interaction with the game.

You can also see this in Vampire, where they removed references to Golconda because it wasn't actually explained in the book (now it says "redemption"), or how Rose was certain to mention VII in the book so that future supplements could talk about it without needing to refer you to a separate supplement (the way that a lot of things in 1e said "go to this other supplement to learn more about the thing in this one").

Just because it was originally a "Chronicle" doesn't mean that it wasn't also meant to be the new corebook. That's what Chronicle books were meant to be.
>>
>>51083983

They were still originally meant to be slipped into the 1e lines to circumvent licensing problems and occasionally read as such because of it.

But setting that aside, a second edition comes in with some sort of setting continuity between it and its predecessor. Since 2e isn't a hard reboot of the setting, it's safe to assume that unless it specifically makes visible changes, like how Golconda is Redemption or how the Unihar explicitly no longer exist as a setting detail, elements and status quo from 1e remains the same.

So, unless a future 2e Werewolf book or the developer himself says otherwise, the Pure still outnumber the Forsaken, which technically makes "Luna is evil" a very popular hot take on her.
>>
>>51084422
If something isn't mentioned when it was something major, that seems like a pretty big change to me.
>>
>>51080269
Your argument is TL:DR, and can be summarised as
>but
>but
>but
>muh superfriends

Shut up, fuck off and die choking on your own faeces, Aspel.
>>
>>51084548
>I don't like [Thing] so it doesn't count
Shh...
Hear that...?
It's the sound of no one caring.
>>
>>51084480

Not really. Belial's Brood wasn't in the VtR 2e core, that doesn't mean they've been thrown out of the setting. Unless it's explicitly mentioned as being changed by text or word of Dev, it hasn't been changed.

The Pure section in WtF 2e is 2000 words long, including 3 full examples of archetypes from their three tribes. It's a very good example of a summary of a major antagonist that has had many, many words dedicated towards them. There's not enough room for every detail, and that particularly detail was not explicitly revised or changed in an entry that needs to have the bare essentials of the faction. Therefore, unless a 2e book decides to change it, there are still more Pure than Forsaken. That means that most Werewolves are not very hot on Luna, to say the least.
>>
>>51084603
Cry more into your pillow and plot to kill your parents again, you sad fat tranny bastard. You seem to be confusing who doesn't care about what: allow me to red pill you. NO-ONE LIKES YOUR SHITTY "BEAST- THE REVENGE FANTASY-ING", NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU APOLOGISE ON ONYX PATH'S BEHALF FOR MEDIOCRITY.
>>
>>51084635
Calm down bro its just an rpg splat
>>
File: 1478543648308.jpg (163KB, 554x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1478543648308.jpg
163KB, 554x1313px
Has anyone ever set a game during a Sabbat Civil War?
>>
>>51084674
It's not the splat that has me angry. It's fucking Aspel. He insists on arguing because he has a compulsion to have the last word. He's like that aggravating ex who hangs up on YOU and then phones YOU back to scream at you some more. Jesus Christ, just let it go. Beast is a shitty game, probably the shittiest game in the entire history of the World of Darkness. Everyone else can see and accept that. Everyone else can see it as a juvenile revenge fantasy for 13 year olds with Speshul Snowflayk Syndrome. But not ASSpel. Oh no.

Huh. Maybe Aspel is 13 years old....
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxg4C365LbQ
>>
>>51084758
Calm down.
>>
>>51084674

It's certainly got it's fans. It's a post-goth remake of Vampire the Masquerade in spirit, so it's easy to see the appeal, at least.
>>
>>51084818

This is good, thank you for sharing this!
>>
>>51084818
I'm just posting music now to distract me from Aspel's bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60
>>
>>51084688
Is that Vampire a crossdressing man?
The jaw makes me think so.
>>
>>51084819
Or what? You'll 'Sperg out some more, Asspel? You'll type another three paragraphs no-one will read?

>>51084850
You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQiMosF1B0
>>
>>51084884
I honestly have no idea. It's one of the better examples of Requiem art.

Did that Anon from before ever get cracking on scanning art, and only art?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3AJ65FnXs
>>
>>51084618
It doesn't mean they're in, either. There was a conscious decision to make sure that VII was mentioned in the corebook so that they could show up in multiple supplements in the future (which will probably never happen).
>>
>>51084548
>>51084880
>>51084758
You replied to a comment that was several hours old, start shitposting at anyone telling you to calm down, and then say OTHER people can't let it go?
Kudos on deciding to actually contribute with something, though.

These EPs have a very Requiem vibe to me. Though they take place in the Year Without a Summer, which was a Promethean Dark Era.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLntpqKZHEmqPmDmW4hzPH6vtkzzfkFRdC
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLntpqKZHEmqOSCXb1EDh0QuCeNuCNkrPk
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLntpqKZHEmqMP-FK-PNB8POYhmdLhRgqy

Edward and Unwed Henry in particular. Though Sweet Rosalie is a Malkavian song.
>>
>>51084962

But it doesn't mean that they're out, either, which is the key part. We know when things are out of the setting or changed within the setting, because we see them explicitly mentioned as such.

If there's no change written down or stated by a developer, then there's no reason to believe that the aspect of the setting has changed, since the setting in 2e is otherwise the same setting as 1e. So, for the purposes of setting, the Pure still outnumber the Forsaken in much of the world, which means that Luna is seen as evil by most active Werewolves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaAs_3azSs
>>
>>51085031
>start shitposting at anyone telling you to calm down

Does that mean "replying" where you come from?
>>
>>51085355
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.