[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 36

File: 478.jpg (45KB, 415x414px) Image search: [Google]
478.jpg
45KB, 415x414px
Hot Xenos Bitches

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.13) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5v9j8h3lop179d/

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.10) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/33er9oi2ot8ta34/

Old Thread: >>50933648

What is the craziest situation that has come up, because your Rogue Trader tried to get into someones pants?
>>
So basically I GM heavily modified Only War hook from GM kit. Party killed general, a new player will come in and I don't know how to play out the whole Dark Eldar attacking Severate Dominion and the rescue with new player. By heavily modified I meant I kicked out survival on local herbs bullshit since I don't like one mission go for a whole year and I actually made them get into abandoned hive and spooked the shit out of them, though they rekt DE scout party later due to the great rolls. Also, they had Jannisary attachement with them and one of them did a double crit on a frag nade.. during a final fight. (2d10, two 10's) Well I ask for your advice what to do next, thoughts and I hope sincerely that they dont lurk /tg/.
>>
>>51041301
So wait. What's the question? Where to go next?

World's your oyster mate. I had my guys go into an abandoned hive to find a lost archeotech cache, only to find there was a haemonculous' lab that was grabbing up people and making them into crazy monsters.
>>
>>51043253
I meant how to play the whole dark eldar attack
>>
>>51043661
Fast and extremely painful. They hit hard, but can't take it.
>>
In Black Crusade, do blast weapons replace magnitude damage with their blast quality or is it added to the initial hit?
>>
File: 1258650448889.jpg (40KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1258650448889.jpg
40KB, 600x750px
thread is dying and OP question is silly.

Now tell me about your character's biggest success and why was it important.
>>
>>51045859
Added. So something that deals explosive damage with the Blast (3) quality does 5 magnitude damage if you bypass its soak.
>>
>>51046085
Ok, it wasn't all that clear.

I do find it kinda funny that a frag grenade does 1 point of magnitude damage from the initial hit presumably by beaning someone in the face.
>>
Does Baleful Dirge from BC affect allies as well as enemies?
>>
>>51046234
Yes.
>>
>>51046111
kek
>>
>>51043661
Everything goes dark. Weather or spooky magic effects kick in, everything is suddenly pitch black and spooky. Then you start to hear the sound of baying hounds and the otherworldly whine of grav engines. The first strike is as reavers and hellions zoom past at a hundred miles an hour, removing limbs and heads before vanishing. The second is a wave of beasts that devour living and dead alike. Then the transports zoom in overhead and start disgorging kabalites and wyches, who start to slaughter and torment everything in sight. Then the reavers and hellions are back for another attack run. After a few rounds, as the PCs are thoroughly shitting themselves, the nets come out and the DE start nabbing all the captives they can before bugging out. They'll seed the planet with monsters and freaks as they make more raids, but use that first raid to instill absolute pants shitting terror. And if they think the Imperium has a real chance of driving them off and ruining their fun, out come the big guns.
>>
File: rogue trader dynasty.jpg (55KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
rogue trader dynasty.jpg
55KB, 600x623px
>>51040877
>What is the craziest situation that has come up, because your Rogue Trader tried to get into someones pants?
>>51046030
>Now tell me about your character's biggest success and why was it important.

Related to both. My Rogue Trader was part of a fading dynasty, a well respected old family that was cash poor and only had one remaining heir (IE my character). So through various agents and factors I found out that the planetary governor of a medium sized hiveworld had seventeen daughters and no living sons. So the plan was to go and marry the eldest (Elizabeth), get a big dowry, use that to keep the wolves from the door, get a son out of her, and bump off the governor and any other sons he might manage to have in the mean time. Once this was all done the dynasty, effectively, would be able to pay off all creditors and effectively has a planet under its control via my son.

Now the wooing process was pretty straightforward, get the fathers approval, state my intentions to the lady, kill a couple of her suitors in traditional knife duels (the trick is to have a lathe blade monoknife with a tox dispenser and as many armour based cybernetics as possible), and then propose marriage.

Now unbeknownst to me the eldest daughters were twins Elizabeth and Lizbeth. Elizabeth was a fun loving adventurous girl, she enjoyed flying her Thunderbolt fighter that was a gift from her grandfather, stories of adventure on exotic planets, and taking potshot at lowhivers from her bedroom balcony. This was the girl for me. She was mightily taken by my dashing young(ish) Rogue Trader that had a voidship and a willingness to kill complete strangers in order to impress her.

Due to some machinations beyond my control I ended up marrying her twin sister, Lizbeth, a dour young lady who spent most of her youth in a Sororitas convent having the fun beaten out of her and a righteous zeal beaten in.

This ended up having long standing ramifications throughout the campaign.
>>
>>51047536
Sounded like a fun campaign, tell us more about the results of that marriage.
>>
File: Guillermo Del Toro ROBOTS.jpg (51KB, 490x289px) Image search: [Google]
Guillermo Del Toro ROBOTS.jpg
51KB, 490x289px
So while I was running Spess Mareen: Republican Commando yesterday, one of my players summoned a maniple of Arlatax Battle Automata from their battleship to provide support. It was there that we realized that some of the battle automata weapon statblocks were a bit of a mess. That means I had to fix them.

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.12)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j6k92d76cda7l8g
Changelog:
-Arlatax Power Claw now has the Power Field Quality
-Arlatax Arc Scourge now has the Power Field Quality
-Battle Automata Power Blade now has the Power Field Quality and its Pen is set to 12
-Battle Automata Siege Wrecker now has the Power Field Quality
-Arlatax Battle Automata now has Swift Attack
-Knight Seneschal now boosts ALL Knight Shield PR by +15. This affects the Cerastus Knight Lancer and its Ion Gauntlet Field, and the Sanctuary Ion Field Relic
-Eldar Corsair Wraithguard now specifies what move to take when going full retard

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh
Changelog:
-Arlatax Power Claw now has the Power Field Quality
-Arlatax Arc Scourge now has the Power Field Quality
-Battle Automata Power Blade now has the Power Field Quality and its Pen is set to 12
-Battle Automata Siege Wrecker now has the Power Field Quality
-Arlatax Battle Automata now has Swift Attack

Got lots of good data yesterday. Everything's working out great.
>>
>>51040877
Because the fantasy general only cares about tabletop I don't suppose you will indulge my fucking plebitude to ask for some resources for the Warhammer Fantasy RPG shit, since FFG is also going to be losing that.
>>
So I have a Deathwatch player that wants to play a Devastator... a melee-focused Devastator. And while I plan on starting him off with an Eviscerator, I'd like some help with inspiration for large (preferably two handed) weaponry.
>>
>>51048492
Just let him to take Champion advance later. I really don't understand what's the point?
>>
>>51048492
Has he explained why he wants the specialty with the least melee potential to be in melee? Because this seems absolutely retarded.
>>
Have you ever seen or used the Ceasefire war condition for logistics tests in Only War? How long would such a thing last and with who?
>>
>>51048492
>Melee focused devastator
Please tell me he want's to be a Black Templar. That said just let him be an assault marine and swap his jetpack and chainsword with an eviscerater.
>>
>>51049113
I think a ceasefire is more along the lines of neither side having active operations at the moment.
>>
>>51049314
... Now I want to know.
>>
>>51040877
My character got pregnant.
>keeping the line strong
>>
Anyone know which book / page # this is in?
>>
>>51052950
... Nevermind, I found it. Enemies Within, 123.
>>
>>51051234

So, a situation that never comes up in 40k?
>>
>rolling up a bunch of characters for fun
>trying to stick with a theme but otherwise optimize it
>make rich kid wannabe stormtrooper
>daddy's little princess gets whatever she wants
>including carapace armour, hotshot weapons, and shooting lessons
>highborn, administratum, and desperado
>agile, shooty, and talkative
>part of me wanna spend the last 200 experience from character gen on trade(perform) and fluff it as being a ballerina before she decided that was boring
>think it's a neat detail and that she should start with it she gets it at all
>powergamer in me tells me i'm an idiot and could use that experience on a fellowship updgrade and charm or dodge +10

Is 200 experience too much to waste on fluffy skills that I'm 99% sure won't ever come up or am I worrying about nothing? Already on 41 agility and step aside.
>>
>>51047412
OH MAN! Thanks anon, will use
>>
>>51054327
Take ballerina! Whilst it does not provide any immediate benefit, it's a good roleplaying hook and if you can work it into actual play your GM might allow some discount on agility based talents.

My tech-priest uses copyist and scrimshaw to engrave binaric representations of Litanies of Accuracy and reliability on any ranged weapon he works on, so our GM started to count it as an additional DoS on tests to customise or add accessories.
>>
So, if you were to use a Rune Weapon to imprison a Daemon, would it retain its Tearing and Tainted qualities do you think?
>>
>>51054126
It happens often enough, if you're not a sperg who thinks the "there is only war" is literal. Imperium and other forces call ceasefires, such as with the Tau and the like. It happens.
>>
>>51054580
Thanks, sticking with ballerina then.
>>
>>51054721
>such as with the Tau and the like.

Not really. It's a cease for outright war. Skirmishes over colonies and shadow wars between the Tau and Imperium rage during those ceasefies
>>
>>51049314
To this day I wonder why they gave assault marines eviscerators instead of chainfists.
>>
>>51054327
in my games, fluff is the driving factor and I would much more appreciate, value and reward player who does stuff like this.
>>
Against High-Agility Opponents, Full auto is the next best thing to explosives and flamethrowers, right?
>>
>>51057106
Or the inescapable shot talent, depending on what edition you're playing.
>>
How "big" is a human psyker's soul compared to say, an Eldars?

If someone was to perform some horrific xeno technosorcery, could multiple human psyker souls "fit" into one eldar soulstone?
>>
>>51040877
Newb RPer here, first time playing a Rogue Trader myself i basically made them Star Lord, a former pirate who discovered his real heritage and assembles a mixed crew to do wacky things in space.

On one of our early missions from the family, we arrived in a fairly populated system where we were delivering some goods when we found out about some big shindig that was going to happen. Needing a way in, my character and his adopted parental figure go to a rave, get in good with the local uppercrust youth, and get an invite to the big party from a girl who immediately catches his attention.

Fastforward a bit past some sidequests and partygoing, we discover my LI is distantly related to the Planetary governor, who recently passed and was succeeded by his 10 year old son and scheming wife. She asks us to help negotiate a treaty between the various factions vying for control, since the dowager queen is pretty bitchy and unpopular with the rest of the local nobilitae. We figure its an ambush, so I station the party around the area to watch out for obvious traps, while the noble members of the crew attend the parlay to officiate and keep the peace.

Of course things go south, soldiers swarm the meeting and almost everyone with a claim is assassinated by pre-placed mercenaries. We are almost blamed for everything by a zealous fanatic, but with some quick thinking from our Explorator who's a shutterbug and the Seneschal, we prove our innocence and get a lot of good will by uncovering who dunnit.

Without anyone else to inherit the planetary throne, the local nobility we convince the survivors to get the LI to be governor. She becomes Governor, and my RTs on-again off-again girlfriend, and everyone except the party doesnt even realize how she twisted people around her finger and manipulated people to do her dirty work for her.
>>
File: 1357687593811.jpg (82KB, 728x700px) Image search: [Google]
1357687593811.jpg
82KB, 728x700px
>>51057408
>How "big" is a human psyker's soul compared to say, an Eldars?

Bear with me: there are two main factors to account for: strength and brightness.

I think reasonable assumption in terms of visibility would be comparing a human to a space marine - you can tell when you see one.

Eldar souls are described as very strong and consistent - which is why Eldar are able to preserve their consciousness after death. But they glow with strong, but steadly light, wheras human psyker souls are described as bright novas, much aking to wildfire.

>If someone was to perform some horrific xeno technosorcery, could multiple human psyker souls "fit" into one eldar soulstone?
as many as plot demands - make the stone larger, the rituals more horrific or the make the soulstone appear cracked under strain. Trust yourself, have fun and remember about making stuff somewhat believeable in-world.
>>
>>51046030
the time my Adept used paradoxes to break the time space continuum to save the party and ship we were on from a Dark Eldar attack, and, if it were not for the intervention of a Daemon Prince of Tzeench who had power over time (and was sick of our shit) and the Ordo Chronos, was on the verge of working out time travel (I'd put a lot of exp into intelligence, Logic and stuff like that) who preceded to undo all the damage we caused to time (there was a LOT) and throw us back to before we left, with the Prince giving us a smooth trip through The Warp as he did NOT want to see us again
>>
>>51057883
what on earth did you do to piss off tzeentch daemon prince so much he didn't want to deal with you anymore?
>>
GM says you can't aim with heavy weapons. The quick rundown of the various weapon types on page 145 makes no mention of this, it just says you have to brace heavy weapons or get a -30 penalty to hit and be unable to fire full or semi auto.

GM said it was "somwhere else", does anyone know where?
>>
>>51057642
>Eldar souls are described as very strong and consistent - which is why Eldar are able to preserve their consciousness after death.

To be fair, there are also the occasional human psykers that can pull that stunt using Eldar spirit stones, too. You find a Spirit Stone with an Inquisitor's soul in it in one of the Rogue Trader adventures, for instance.
>>
>>51057106
Flamethrowers are absolute garbage against high-Ag opponents, you don't make a BS test to hit, they make an AG to try and make you miss, and that's before the Dodge.
>>
>>51058941
Pulling it out of his ass, you can aim Heavy weapons with no issue unless it has something like Inaccurate.
>>
>>51058941
He pulled it out of his fat ass
>>
>>51059147
Oh yeah, the fading suns trilogy is absolutely top tier, but I can't as talking about the general rules
>>
>>51059244
>>51059298
That fucker.

Now I'll just have to convince him he's full of shit.
>>
File: 83f8a473154fd27ad595a89bcc571375.jpg (510KB, 1920x1804px) Image search: [Google]
83f8a473154fd27ad595a89bcc571375.jpg
510KB, 1920x1804px
I am thinking of playing a Crimson guard in DH 1ed. I read the first few chapters of the Skitarii novel and the idea of a Tech-priest remote controlling skitarii gave me an idea. Would it be possible for me to mentally link up with my teams tech priest, pacific rim style so I know everything they know and vice versa? he is cool with the idea but i haven't told my GM as the skitarii is my next character in the event of my guardsman dying.

anyway game wise beyond as i said the mutual knowledge the other perks i was thinking for it would be improved coordination between the linked individuals and a buff on non physical skill tests such as intelligence which can be justified as combining processing power of our cogitators, the main balance to this would be the need to roll willpower every now and then in order to maintain individuality and maybe fellowship in order to keep a stable mental link. the ability would not always be active so the tech priest and myself can do our own thing when need be. what do you chaps think? do you think i can get away with it?

I have not read anything that says you cant do it and im pretty sure Crimson guard and Tech-priests can both get mind impulse units which is the implant i plan to use as the in game means of pulling this off. any thoughts?
>>
>>51060122
I wouldn't recommend thinking too hard on the actual crunch benefits before you tell your GM. I, personally, would have no problem with it but I'd probably want to discuss with my player the exact crunch benefits after determining narrative, is it complete combined processing, constant vox-links between translator implants, how one-way is the information, etc.
>>
>>51060166
I was thinking complete combined processing
>>
>>51055121
I'm not familiar with the DW RAW but as far as I know lore wise only terminator armor can be equipped with chainfists.
>>
I love the thallax models from 30k, and I ordered 6 from forgeworld.

How many autistic reeeees will I get for fielding them as space marines?
>>
>>51060287
Wrong thread, friendo.
Also they're bigger than marines, you'll get all the rees.
>>
>>51060309
My bad
>>
>>51060122

Crimson Guard aren't skitarii though
>>
File: maxim-mg08.jpg (88KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
maxim-mg08.jpg
88KB, 800x507px
Daemon weapon of Khorne. A blood cooled archaotec Maxim pattern heavy stubber from a war long forgotten.

How would you crunch it? Thinking of upping the rate of fire, or making it harder to dodge, or pinning shit particularly bad. Maybe less if any penalty to hit on supressive fire. The downside would be that when first you pull the trigger, it'll keep firing until something bleeds.

What daemon weapons do you wanna include in games? Wanna include a revolver or flintlock pistol or something, I have a soft spot for older and less powerful designs.
>>
>>51060816
From what I read from the lore they seem to be similar enough tech wise but much more powerful and they were formed from what was left of the original skitarii legions in the sector. I understand their different role with them guarding the lathes and operating in smaller units. if there are any key differences that you think will scupper my plan please let me know.
>>
File: Garland_CG.png (554KB, 1023x779px) Image search: [Google]
Garland_CG.png
554KB, 1023x779px
Which chaos space Marine chapter would Garland from final fantasy l count as? I'm thinking Night Lords, but my campaign is fairly vampire heavy.
>>
File: Crimson Guard.jpg (54KB, 536x841px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Guard.jpg
54KB, 536x841px
>>51060995

I think the whole thing is the Crimson Guard were FFG's attempt to sidestep GW's prohibition from actual skitarii, so they went with the integrated weapon toting, super augmented "tech-guard" concept. Functionally, they have different weapons and methods of war, of which they severely lag behind real skitarii, secutarii, and sicarians, but thematically, they should more or less work the same. Definitely based on GM perogative if they can do the whole Doctrina thing invented after their release.
>>
>>51061270
cheers for the info.
>>
>>51061270
>>51060995
Crimson Guard are full-fledged Tech Priests who happen to have a more martial bent; in the terms of the board game, they'd be a part of the Cult Mechanicus faction, not the Skitarii faction.

That said, though, a Good-quality MIU lets you connect your mind to a servitor to remote-control it and see through its eyes and hear through its ears. Given that all Tech Priests have built in Vox units as part of their Mechanicus Implants trait, I think that if two Tech Priests had such implants, they'd certainly be able to share sensory data between them.
>>
>>51060819
Give it Tearing quality: On a jam, it does d5 damage (no reductions) to user as it drains blood to help itself cool down.
>>
>>51062568
This is great, particularly the blood draining.
>>
>>51062568
It'd literally just be a worse version of a Bolter, though? Bigger, heavier, less damage and AP, daemonic control tests to avoid possession, and for what?
>>
>>51063417
For the glory of the Blood God

I think it could have a property where the more enemies it kills (for example, mowing down hordes and massed enemy mooks) in an encounter, the more powerful it becomes, ultimately becoming simply ridiculous- but the boon only lasts as long as the slaughter.
>>
>>51063417
>>51062568
>>51060819

Give it the Crippling quality. Little bullets made of blood cutting through flesh. Maybe have the quality dependent on WP or so.
>>
>>51060819
Give it a few Daemon weapon qualities too. Howling and Piercing would be good. Maybe a WP of 5 with a binding strength of 3.

>>51063612
That is what Hellblades already do.

>>51063693
That is the Wounding quality.
>>
>>51063811

Exactly. They can take only a half action or bleed for X damage from the Crippling quality. Makes each potential shot quite dangerous. It doesn't stack though, but a constant dot is great.
>>
>>51063417
>Update
Belt-fed, larger ammo capacity.
Probably a higher full auto ROF (depends on what you're comparing it to).
As a liquid cooled archeo-tech weapon, you can also justify it having reliable trait.
>>
How do you build psykers? It all seems like a huge mess of some really useful powers in a sea of useless experience taxes and discipline trees that require a mix of aptitudes that dont' really come up in the roles. Is there a feasible way to build a psyker that's doesn't just find a corner to hide in and cast powers from? Even biomancy seems to roll like that until you get warp speed and become a ninja with unnatural agility, weapon skill, and ballistic skill (5), iron arm seems cool, but you tank your agility so much that you really have to hope your unnatural toughness (1-3) saves you, and experience tells me going into melee with shit dodge will fuck you, even if you have 11 damage reduction.
>>
>>51064866
Which line?
>>
>>51064866

Assuming you're talking about DH2, here are my observations from playing a diviner:

>Get the psychic dodge power from divination; evading using a focus power test with no downside for dropping your psy rating to 1 is very useful. Being able to make a focus power test to gain blindsense is also useful. Support powers are less useful without a very high psy rating, and naturally the actual future prediction powers depend on your GM.
>Pyromancy is the most cost effective school for killing things. A dip into it will be worthwhile, and fully focusing on it will mean your psyker gains a full auto flame quality attack, a fucking meltabeam and a firebomb too. Agility is only needed for the defensive buff powers, murdering only needs psy rating.
>A dip in telepathy gets you a means to interrogate recalcitrant prisoners, wipe memories and force people to obey basic commands.
>>
>>51065040
In general.

>>51065221
What bugs me about the evasion power is that as far as I have understood, it's a -10 perception test, so as far I can tell, you're paying 300 xp for an evasion roll on your 30something perception, with a -10 on it, instead of paying 200-300 xp for an evasion roll on a plain 30something agility.
>>
>>51065578
A psy focus alone is a +10 to focus tests so it cancels that out.

From RT to OW, each point of psy rating used for the test is a +5 to the roll and it adds up pretty fast.

In 2e, every point of psy rating below your normal psy rating adds +10 to the roll and is one of the few, if not the only, power that does not use psy rating in any actual calculations.
>>
>>51058208
>Twas not as planned.
>>
>>51065658
So, if the ability doesn't use psy rating it's +10 to cancel out the -10? Does psy rating 2 the give +20 for a total of +10?
>>
>>51040877
My group and I have literally just started playing tabletop RPG's, and we started with Pathfinder. RIght now I'm the eternal GM, but I'd like to play some sort of 40k tabletop.

Is there a way we can somehow play 40k with Pathfinder? I don't have enough money to buy a new set right now, and we're familiar with the system already.
>>
>>51065752
Check the OP.

All you need as a poorfag.

You could do 40k in pathfinder, if you feel like statting everything. Probably easier to use an FFG system.
>>
>>51065733
Jesus Christ, what are you even saying? Stop what you're doing and actually read the psyker rules before you ask these questions.
>>
>>51065733
No, you're confusing other psy systems with 2e weird ass semi-backwards system.

If Pete the psyker has a psy rating of 3 then:

In RT, DW, BC, and OW, he has a +15 to a focus test from psy rating if he just uses a power without fettering or pushing. Fettered at 2 would give a +10 and pushing to 4 would give +20.

In 2e, he has no bonuses from straight using a power. If he uses a power at 2, he would have a +10 and pushing to 4 would be a -10.

Note that fettered doesn't exist in 2e, thus every power has a chance at phenomena.

>>51065752
I wouldn't recommend it ever.
>>
>>51065788
Ok, I'll look at the OP a little more closely. I only skimmed since I'm a little overwhelmed by tabletop right now.

>>51065813
Seems to be the general consensus on leddit too.
>>
>>51065850
If you guys can run and understand Pathfinder, you sure as hell can run and understand the 40k RPGs. Just know that gets less mechanically refined the farther back you go with the timeline being DH 1e, RT, DW, BC, OW, DH 2e.

Another concept that might take some time for your group to wrap their minds around is how rolling. In Pathfinder, it is a test against an enemy/difficulty/etc where as in 40k RPG, it is a test against themselves.
>>
>>51065893
We're tabletop noobs, and we've got a few house rules that make it slightly less work to play, but we'd eventually puzzle out anything. But thanks for the timeline, I'm dl'ing the core rullbook for Dark Heresy 2e now, since it seems pretty interesting.

And thanks for the tip. If we play, I'll definitely tell them that.
>>
>>51065951
Once you get the hang of it, the d100 system that FFG uses is so much easier to deal with than the labyrinth that is Pathfinder
>>
>>51066280
It has it's hangups. Especially if the GM doesn't arbitrate roll-bonuses often.

Having about a 1/3rd chance of succeeding at any given thing tends to suck in it's own way.
>>
>>51066641
Or having a -50 to a test because the GM hates your character.
>>
What is the one piece of equipment that for whatever reason, you just really like?
>>
>>51067748
Concealable power knife. It saved my ass repeatedly in black crusade now I try to get one for every character. Even though I have had to fight my gm every single time since it's only in the BC rulebook he thinks that means its a "weapon of chaos."
>>
>>51048492
Explain that its not like there's a hard line drawn around a marine that says what their task is. By the point in his career that he joins Deathwatch, a marine is going to have been in devastator squads, assault squads and tactical squads. The role you choose is just the one your chatacter excels at/likes the most. If he's choppy then he's assault. Or I guess a tacmarine also.
>>
>>51068999
Well it is in DH 1e and 2e, though a power sword with the Compact modification would be almost the same.
>>
>>51068999
>>51059746
Shit gms.
>>
>>51063693
IMO Crippling is more Slaanesh than Khorne.
Remembering that this is a Khornate demon bound into a heavy weapon, it's not going to be "happy" with not getting into close combat, which is the "raison d'être" for Khorne's followers, it is unlikely to enjoy having a power that would deny others the chance to fully experience the thrill of hand to hand combat.
>>
>>51068999
>it's only in the BC
Go look properly before you state wrong opinions as facts.
DH 1 Core Rulebook, Power Blade is on page 139.
DH 1 Inquisitors Handbook, Serpentine is on page 124.
>>
Is it me, or are the Slaanesh mutation modifications in BC kinda shit?

I also wish there was an even bigger chart with more mutations on it, desu. More variety, more madness.
>>
>>51072546
How so?

Doesn't WFRP 2e have a book with larger tables? Less grimdark and irreverent, but still.
>>
Jesus fucking christ

Did any of you guys read the fall of cadia thing? My fucking god I can write fan fiction better than that "Crusade"
>>
File: 65146454548141471.png (129KB, 1051x759px) Image search: [Google]
65146454548141471.png
129KB, 1051x759px
>>51073183

-Trazyn decided out of boredom to play a super hero.
-He comes to Cadia and poofs Imperial armies and a angry witch hunter lady
-he tells the Imperial dudes who to activate the pylons
-Imperial dudes activate the pylons
-daemons are banished, possessed are in pain as their daemon pals go away, psykers be crippled or die, void shields go out, Abaddon losses the Chaos Gods blessing but still strong without them, Celestine loses her connection to the Emperor becomes a normal human
-instead of giving the Imperials the advantage, it screws them over hard.
-Abaddon easily beats her down, proceeds to choke Creed, she stabs him in the back.
-Abaddon teleports out before Cadian reinforcements arrive
-The pylon network pushes back the Eye of Terror for a bit before overloading and destroy Cadia

Literal boredom even if Cadian still fell they could have made it more action packed
>>
>>51069089
We never played DH, started with RT so I'll be sure to mention it. Thanks.
>>51071619
No need to be a fuck tho.
>>
File: This fucking thread.png (259KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
This fucking thread.png
259KB, 640x480px
>>51073216
I expected absolute shit and I'm still disappointed. Literally the most dull and boring possible way to return things to 'status quo, but one second closer to doomsday'. I foresee about a million more 'Failbaddon the Armless' shitposts in the near future.
>>
>>51072641
>Doesn't WFRP 2e have a book with larger tables? Less grimdark and irreverent, but still.
WFRP's Tome of Corruption is actually more grimdark, despite having a downright Pythonesque tone at times. In Black Crusade, you will never roll a mutation that just says "Fuck you, you are now spawned", or "All your bones rip themselves out of your body to go live a life as Undead without you, better figure out how your boneless mass will survive", or "Your brain and skull melted and now you're a retard, sucks to be you". Nor will you be asked to roll a fucking D1000 for your mutation with exactly zero control over what you get. It really sucks to be Chaos scum in WFRP.
>>
>>51073216

This is why you dont listen to lore past 5e

Seriously the faggots who complained about the setting not expanding I hope your happy
>>
>>51073216
So, wait: has Cadia fallen or has Cadia been destroyed??
>>
>>51075868

its in a fucked up state
>>
>>51076050
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>51076718

Cadia is currently in a wrecked state with no pylons since they blew up but Abbaddon and his forces retreated back to the warp but Cadia is vulnerable to another all out assault

Literally nothing happened nu lore is shit
>>
File: Sheer Chaos Attack.png (2MB, 872x1472px) Image search: [Google]
Sheer Chaos Attack.png
2MB, 872x1472px
>>51073216
>>51075868

Trigger Warning: Cadia Bites Za Dusto!

The Pylons repulse the Eye of Terror for a bit, before they overload and take Cadia with it. The "triumvirate" escapes via the webway, and Trazyn gets bored of being a hero, and laments that he didn't capture Abby in a Poke'ball. It's gone. No more Cadia. There are still plenty of actual Cadians spread about the galaxy, but no more Cadia or Cadian system.

Requiescat en Pace to that one anon whose game was set there.
>>
File: 545451545154.jpg (49KB, 493x828px) Image search: [Google]
545451545154.jpg
49KB, 493x828px
>>51073216
http://web.archive.org/web/20170107202013/http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-of-cadia-a-peek-inside.html

>Its Real
>>
File: 6461614646461264.png (406KB, 1271x629px) Image search: [Google]
6461614646461264.png
406KB, 1271x629px
>>51077291

Cant force me to listen to this trash
>>
>>51077291

How can something so serious happen but they make it seem so boring what kind of "fight" was that
>>
So, I'm sure we can all agree that beastmen are scum. But they are also awesome.

How does one go about playing one in spaaaaaaace?
>>
>>51077737

mutants?
>>
>>51077759
Just plain mutants? Well, I guess that everyone hating you does fit lorewise
>>
>>51077737

Tzeentchian mutants.Quite evil.
>>
>>51077737
homo sapiens variatus - 100% human - 100% sanctioned - come in various stable 'beastman' forms - standard imperial guard, prefer close combat, iirc they were berzerkers (i.e. two attacks hand to hand).
>>
>>51078341
Well now we're getting somewhere.

Can I find the rules somewhere?
>>
>>51077291
The writing in that is absolute garbage - Creed leading group of mooks on a charge instead of, i don't know, being overall commander and doing leadership type things? Celestine losing her god-shit, but still being able to one on one with Abby??? Imps activating the pylons to save selves; but activating pylons only makes imps weak and chaos stronger????????
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!?!?!?
>>
>>51077230
>they overload and take Cadia with it
what does that mean? they blew up? they vanished into the warp? into the webway? what?? are there chunks of cadia? a cinder?
And, of course, geedubs has stated what happens to the Eye when cadia and its pylons disappear?? Like, the stable cadian gate is now of course gone and unstable...halting abby's crusade in its tracks, right? Or did the shitty author's not think about that???
>>
>>51078356
No, these are oldhammer rules, you will not see them official again outside of Rogue Trader 1987 - iirc, standard guard stats, mebe less bs, more ws, maybe 1 extra hh attack. Hold on a sec, i'll find me old rt....
>>
File: Jojo David Bowie Killer Queen 2.jpg (35KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo David Bowie Killer Queen 2.jpg
35KB, 500x300px
>>51078508

>what does that mean? they blew up?
Yes.

>Are there chunks of cadia? a cinder?
Chunks of Cadia floating in spess, yes.

>And, of course, geedubs has stated what happens to the Eye when cadia and its pylons disappear??
It's growing again.

>Like, the stable cadian gate is now of course gone and unstable...halting abby's crusade in its tracks, right? Or did the shitty author's not think about that???
No, they retconned it. There is now a new concept called the Crimson Path, which states that victory can only be achieved when the Eye covers everything, leaving daemons in its wake. With Cadia destroyed and the Eye spreading, Abby just has to ride the wave to Holy Terra. With Cadia's destruction, the Crimson Path is on track and on schedule.
>>
>>51046030
I don't want 40k RPG to die :(
>>
>>51078624
So, after 10,000 years, the imperium blows up the cadian gate (apparently now the one and only thing that ever ever held chaos in check for reasons), on the word of one of the most feared and duplicitous xenos?
Huh, I can clearly see that as a natural development of the fluff - makes absolute sense - couldn't have been written any other way to be quite honest: xenophobes listen to scary xeno, do what scary xeno says, hilarity ensues.
Brilliant.
>>
>>51078735
It's never dead if YOU don't want it to be - keep the grimderp alive in your games! Alive and the way it should be - remember, the point of the game (tt and rpg) is to have fun playing 'your dudes' with yer friends in the 40k sandbox.
>>
>>51078356
homo sapiens variatus
beastmen
reputation as crude, aggressive, indisciplined, useful fighters, rowdy, unsanitary
m ws bs s t w i a ld int cool wp
4 4 3 3 4 1 3 1 7 6 7 6

for comparison, imp guard stats in rt:
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 7 7 7

Have fun!
>>
File: belisarius.jpg (88KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
belisarius.jpg
88KB, 1200x672px
>>51078814

>"I have made a terrible mistake."
t. Belasaurus Rex before he escapes
>>
>>51079130
NO - let us assign the blame squarely where it belongs: shit writing by shit writers.
Like, seriously, this is lamer than the LAST 13th black crusade, and that one at least they could blame on their fans.....this is pure chaos wank.
>muh, ma supa speshul chaos MUST WIN!
>Well, sir: they rule Cadia and....
>CHAOS MUST WIN!!!!!
>Well, they sure did! But...
>CHAOS WIN!!!!!!!
>Yes! But, you see...
>CHAOS WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
>.....W-we'll get right on that, sir...
>>
>>51073216
>>51079130
First paragraph on the right side of the last image, the 10k year pact is the treaty of olympus mons I assume, or what?
>>
>>51079258

Chaos has been the main threat since the 80's anon
>>
File: tumblr_nysb517etF1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg (79KB, 727x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nysb517etF1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg
79KB, 727x960px
>>
>>51081664
Man, I'd love to see Space Marines without pauldrons. That'd be cool.
>>
>>51081991
Why? The ridiculous pauldrons are their most prominent feature
>>
>>51082466
I've never seen it and I think it could be kinda cool. Maybe not for actual SMs, but for regular guys or scout marines or something could be cool.
>>
My Rogue Trader plays have "acquired" a brand new ship from the Mechanicus. They didn't steal it, but the techies only gave it up with some serious encouragement from a few other groups.

I figure an actually-new ship won't have the same sort of fun quirks that come with millenia of use, but it will have surprises from spiteful tech priests. What sort of fun surprises should the Mechanicus be leaving behind to make up for not having thousands of years of baggage?
>>
>>51082634

Every tenth door has an angry battle automata behind it.

Leftover servitor bays, creeps out the crew.

The bathroom doors are all locked, and require a constantly shifting code to access. This code is simple if you know Binary.

Techpriests who didn't get the memo and forgot to leave.
>>
>>51082634
Certain critical subsystems that are heavily locked away from any tampering, modification or even recalibration, because fuck you you don't know how to do it the PROPER way.
>>
Generally speaking open carrying Scarce or better Pistol or Basic class weapons wouldn't draw much attention right?
>>
>>51072641
I mean, they're either of dubious benefit, or at the very least markedly worse than anyone elses. Chaos Organ, for example. Great mutation... except if you're Slaanesh well fuck you, now you also have one less hand, fuck you if you wanted to wield two-handed weapons!

>>51075504
Honestly, it's still fun and I'll run a Chaos game in WFRP some day.
>>
>>51079258
Is that somehow worse than Imperium wank?
>>
>>51057408
I've always envisioned the 'scale' something like this.

Culexus<<<<<<<Blank>Tau>Human>Eldar>Human Psyker> Eldar Psyker>The Emperor
>>
>>51084006
The Imperium never wins because of pure handwavium and retcon on the part of the writers.
>>
>>51083736
i guess it would depend where you are. perhaps there is a shrine world where youre not allowed to carry, or when youre in the a palace of a feudal lord
>>
>>51060819
make its quality of fire be affected by it being water cooled by blood obv
>>
>>51083736
It will likely tell people that you're not someone to be fucked with.
>>
>>51052641
My character will likely be getting pregnant soonish. Though I might call that off depending on if I want to adopt a kid before and how they feel about my character having natural born children that might take away their right to the succession. It's a potential mess i'd like to handle before getting pregnant.
>>
>>51040877
>Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.
Nigga, you what?
>>
File: syprerhunter.jpg (48KB, 369x559px) Image search: [Google]
syprerhunter.jpg
48KB, 369x559px
>>51047755
Well my Rogue Trader had a terrible honeymoon involving alot of penance and prayer. Took her into space, had a series of arguments over exactly how much power she had within the Dynasty, as soon as we confirmed she was pregnant I proceeded to dump her at Port Wander with a sizeable amount of resources and immediately fly into the Kronos Expanse to escape.

This began a cycle of returning to Port Wander every 4 or 5 years to meet the children, have a terrible night with Lizbeth, and then return to the Expanse. Now unfortunately for me and fortunately for the Dynasty she proved to be an incredibly capable factor and straightened out the finances and gotten us onto stable grounds, so divorcing/liquidating her was out of the question. She also proved to be as incapable as a parent as she was capable as a Factor so the children didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

Marrakesh, the eldest, returned to the hiveworld to claim his birthright, only to disappear during the traditional rite of passage for nobles (IE pic related) and he's probably still in the underhive collecting peoples skulls and recordings of their final screams. I hope someone eventually takes him out, because if he gets back to the Spire that is going to be alot of problems for everyone, especially me.

Paris, second oldest, got way way way into the drug scene that the idle rich tend to enjoy. I took him as an ensign on my ship after my Arch Militant had to lead a strike team to wipe out a drug cartel that Paris owed a ludicrous sum of money too. I ended up leaving him to fend for himself on an agriworld when he couldn't dry out. Hopefully he found a farmgirl and settled down and isn't dead in a drainage ditch somewhere.

cont
>>
File: rt.jpg (320KB, 1010x989px) Image search: [Google]
rt.jpg
320KB, 1010x989px
>>51086661
Vienna and Lisbon, twin daughters (seems to run in the family), we're not sure which one is older because we have too much trouble telling which is which. Arranged marriage with the twin sons of a rival Rogue Trader as a way of burying the hatchet and brokering an alliance. My rival tends to have a violent temper that runs in his family so I was worried about their safety. With the best tutors, the girls have been trained extensively in various forms of combat and they can take care of themselves. That turned out pretty well, all things considered. But they have taken to somewhat overreact if anyone that shows them the least bit of disrespect (pic related.) Which is a fine attitude for a Rogue Trader but slightly concerning for a pair of 15 year old girls.

Florence is very very worrying. He's almost 10 and has always been taking things apart to see how they work. This behavior is endearing if it's a toy, annoying if it's an antique, and concerning if it's a pet. We're pretty sure we've convinced him to stick to machines, but he's not allowed anything sharp just to be on the safe side. Very likely he's going to be joining the AdMech, it'll help to have someone in the family with some suction and they should be able to get all that anti-social behavior out of him or atleast put it to good use.

Kiev is the youngest, not much to say about her. Seems the most normal of the bunch. Her mother insists she be given over to the Sororitas so we can "give something back" to the Ecclesiarchy. It's a real source of tension in what I would describe as a tense marriage.
>>
Hmm, so today, the group is supposed to have an in-character chat about our disfunctions.
I look forward to my militant Space Lutheran butting heads with the militant Space Catholic.
>>
>>51088559
>The Inquisition
>Anything but Space Catholic
>>
File: 1464986032843.png (49KB, 666x699px) Image search: [Google]
1464986032843.png
49KB, 666x699px
>have a full day for Requisition rolls because our party has been actually pretty successful to our DMs surprise, so we don't have any purgin'n'investigatan' to do until our techpriest finishes deciphering a sekrit cultist letter
>my ministorum has good influence + Strength in the Creed even though we play DH
>have a brash idea, even though the GM is kinda stingy on items since we're playing on a not-Vietnam planet full of fucking dinosaurs and orks-gone-feral because of the toxic atmoshere
>take a sergeant that we've successfuly recruited as an insider agent after one of the purges with me and go to the arsenal
>"Yes yes, we're taking the multi-melta"
>spend six hours of in-game time on consecutive rolls and arguing with the guardsmen
>crazy luck, only costs me 1 subtlety point
>all out of time, have one fp reroll left, it's my final chance
>yell GIMME FUEL GIMME FAYA GIMME THAT WHICH I DESAYA before rolling
>walk with my own personal BFG9000 out of the barracks
look at me
i am the god of hellfire now
>>
>>51089512

Depends on how you feel the fluff goes. Inquisition can be anything.
>>
>>51093176
>Inquisition can be anything.
I tend to play the Inquisition as closer to a combined spy agency and secret police than anything resembling a religious organization. Do individual Inquisitors have faith? Often, yes. Do they punish 'heresy', AKA deviation from Imperial law? Also yes. Are they, in themselves, a religious group? Not really, they're the Stasi of a theocratic government. This lets me liberally steal spy movie tropes as desired.
>>
Is there anywhere I can find rules for Rak'gol ships in Rogue Trader?
>>
>>51095143
Battlefleet Koronus.
>>
>>51095165
<3, I knew I saw it somewhere before
>>
>>51095290
there is also one described in Edge of the Abyss as well.
>>
Can someone explain to me mechanical effect of Eazielle? Dark Heresy 1st ed Book of Judgement page 70.

"A powerful inhibition reducer, Eazille or Eaze is smuggled in through Port Wander from regions still unknown; rumours have it as possibly alien in origin. Users report being much more comfortable with even the most depraved or illicit actions when under its infl uence, with little or no sense of conscience or even devotion to the Emperor. Hive nobles use it to engage in galas catering to the basest of desires. Agents of the Throne might use it to steel themselves for the deepest of undercover work where the slightest hesitation towards heretical sights might spell their death. Repeated use seems to increase the effects and some have forever fallen to this state. Often they realise their danger and attempt to disguise their new behaviours from their peers. Others may simply abandon their old lives and become the worst of wretches, becoming infamous across the sector for their atrocities. When under the effects of Eazille, users will simply ignore the dictates of morality and must succeed on an Ordinary (+10) Willpower Test to ignore their baser instincts? The effects last 1d5 hours +1 hour for every does taken in the last week."
>>
File: Vesnian 3rd Guards (Mechanized).png (251KB, 2000x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Vesnian 3rd Guards (Mechanized).png
251KB, 2000x1730px
I'm playing in an Only War game, and the GM asked me, being the most knowledgeable of military structure of the group, to draw up a map of the Regiment (Which is about the size of a battalion). Does pic related look like it would make sense for an Imp Guard regiment? I'm not super sure if the organizational structure used fits in with 40k Guardsmen, mostly due to Regiments hardly having support elements and HQ elements mentioned.
>>
>>51095854
Only RP benefits.
>>
>>51096287
Yer good. Support isn't mentioned because geedubs can't army. IG regiment = battalion, correct.
>>
I was looking at the rules for making daemon engines in Tome of Decay and some of the daemon engine traits say that they give it a daemonic shield. So what is that? Where can I learn more about daemonic shields?
>>
>>51096287
>>51096379
Shit, I meant brigade not battalion - meh, either way. Your battalion looks fine. Don't forget, though, that IG regiments usually contain a crazy diversity of units: rough riders, ogryns, elites, vehicles, artillery, troops, leaders, scouts. It is meant to be able to fight on its own if it must.
And if you want an ig regiment, give yourself 2-4 more battalions in addition to the vesnian 3rd batt.
>>
File: Imperator's angellus.png (763KB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Imperator's angellus.png
763KB, 1600x1400px
>>51057501
Not bad! I like it. Having a friendly planet to crash on every now and again is never something to sniff at. Though I do hope you and your paramour are... of an open mind, given how much time you'll be spending away. >>51078814
The thing that bugs me is Trazyn's involvement. I would have preferred it if it was the hubris of some Inquisitor. Or, to warm the cockles of my Oldcron heart, a big reveal that a free fragment of the Deceiver had been manipulating them all along for... reasons. I don't actually know why he would help Chaos, maybe let them shatter the Newcrons while getting his own shit together.
>>
>>51098147
Apparently, when the pylons went full retard, Trazyn was just: "Whoops! Seeya!!" Was actually trying to grab abby for his collection, but frelled that up too. Just a series of bad writing decisions.
The tournament from 13 years ago gave us better fluff than this childish edgelord shit
>>
File: 1483808263560.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483808263560.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
Need Dark Heresy Plot lines and cases

I have so far

>Tradeship ferreting taboo goods and drugs eventually leads into a cult of slanny boy/girl/thing
>Incredibly popular General of a tithe paying planet is getting really angry and his troops are starting to spread a bunch of descent with the PDF
>Genestealer cult on a planet integrated perfectly with people who worship The Emperor as a literal "outsider" entity. Plot twist this outsider is a daemon of Nurgle.
>Collab with a Daemon Hunter Inquisitor once an Inquisitor goes full radical and tries to use an ancient tainted artifact to gain precog aka possession.

I can usually shit out some small side quest for wealth, influence, or an opportunity to get new agents for the acolytes themselves but I suck at overarching plots. Any suggestions? I'd feel comfortable with having at least 6
>>
File: apoc12.jpg (24KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
apoc12.jpg
24KB, 600x321px
>>51040877
I could use some help. I'm trying to make an Arch-militant for Rogue Trader that's kind of like a spess Colonel Kurtz. Here's the basic idea:
>working for some general on some world
>general is working out some treaty with the Tau, who they've been fighting for some years now.
>he kills his general, assumes control of the forces, some of which are super devoted in a cult-like way
>sabotages the all diplomacy (via assassination) and goes on a guerrilla campaign to kill Tau in heinous ways.
>once the damage is done he gets the fuck out on a RT ship before the inquisition or the tau can catch up with him

Never done RT before, so what would be the best way to go about this? I was thinking of taking concealment for hiding my troops, and stacking up a shitton of command. Anything else to consider? Can arch-militants be anything other than walking power armored stormbolter platforms?
>>
>>51098926
>Zealous death cult targeting decadent nobles and those who cater to them in the name of the Emperor is actually under the influence of a Khorneate artifact.
>>
File: hydra chaos.jpg (104KB, 736x1073px) Image search: [Google]
hydra chaos.jpg
104KB, 736x1073px
>>51098296
Seriously.
>Chaos remains suprisingly well co-ordinated and unpredictable, while the Imperium fights a conventional war
>Imperium dominates the Naval conflict, but the forces of Chaos are too widespread to be wiped out easily, and manage to seize Cadia itself.
>Now we can have dozens of mini-Chaos Empires, occasionally co-agulating into Black Crusades or tearing each other a part, while the Imperium tries desperately to prioritize where to put its strength.

Eh. I like new Inquisitor chick and I'm happy Celestine got a new mini. So it's not all bad.
>>51098926
You need a long term villain, anon. Come up with him/her/it first, then flesh out their backstory and desires. Plots will come forth from there.
For example, Lady Sinderfell is a decadent socialite/agent of chaos who's great at moving about the upper crust of Imperium society. Adventures involving her can include cleaning up the aftermath of some horrible ritual she's done, trying to find her in an underhive after she escapes a botched Arbites raid, trying to capture/interrogate and then impersonate a cold trader she intends to meet with to acquire forbidden xenos goods so that you can take her out for good, etc.
>>
>>51081664
>Fenris is dead

;_;
F

R-R-Russ is coming back for Vengeance r-right? H-he's going to wake up the L-lion
>>
>>51100054
It's not though. The creatures are meaner now, and the population has been severely bloodied, but Fenris lived.
>>
>>51086661
>>51086776

Lucky you. Every time there's a hint of politics in our game, our two xenos players cock it up and turn things into sudden mortal combat. They're a tau and a dark eldar, and they just Jay and Silent Bob their way through the game.
>>
>>51101505
>xenos players
I think I see the problem.
>>
Have you ever used chaos spawn in your games?
>>
>>51101967
Yep, on two occasions, and they are absolute motherfuckers, if you use the profile from Tome of Decay
>>
So are pink horrors as bullshit broken as I think they are? In the games I'm playing against them, I just cannot get rid of the fuckers.

So 10 Pink Horrors split into 20 Blue Horrors, which split into 20 brimstone Horrors. Anything that removes them as a casualty except Demonic Instability procs this rule. You get 50 models for 90 points, all of which are daemons and psykers. Even though Demonic Instability can wipe them, you still have to win a combat against them, which inevitably creates a bunch of new Horrors by itself.

We have to be understanding these rules incorrectly, right? This is just ridiculous.
>>
>>51102506
I think you missed your thread, friend.

That said, anyone have any experience with the Tzeentch gift that makes you break into horrors on death?
>>
>>51102506
whoops, wrong 40k general
>>
>>51102557
Not yet, BUT I am playign an all Tzeentchian campaign of Black Crusade, so it's bound to happen sooner or later
>>
>>51101505
Xenos players... not even once.
>>
>>51101641
>>51102780

>Stop having fun the wrong way!
>>
>>51102789
>Fun shaming is not allowed at this table.
>>
File: Muffled AYY LMAO.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Muffled AYY LMAO.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>51102820

You know, /tg/ does have a huge aversion to xenos and xenos players though. It almost seems as if everyone except myself have had shitty experiences with xenos players. A lot of people here will go through any length to keep human characters.

A few years back, when I sent out a call to players for my all-xenos games, I specified that people could play any type of Tau and any type of Dark Eldar. No real character creation restrictions otherwise. There was a good number of people who asked if they could play "mutated humans" instead, including one guy with a multiple page backstory. This wasn't something I had an interest in seeing, so these people got rejected pretty quickly, but the fact that there was just so many of them was still jarring.
>>
File: nevershoot.png (1MB, 899x620px) Image search: [Google]
nevershoot.png
1MB, 899x620px
So I just ran a modified 11th Hour for my players. Almost immediately the squad medic gunned down the wounded soldiers they were transporting when he realized they would slowthe party down. The squad sergeant didn't really do anything about it, as the party was so wounded and short handed he couldn't afford to lose anyone.

From a command perspective how should I handle this?
I could let the squad sergeant discipline him. But I'm not sure this will do much as it might generate friction between players and/or players tend to stick together.
I could just court martial him and make him create a new chracter. But this takes away alot of player agency and I don't really love it.
I could have one of the surviving members of the other squad challenge the medic to a formal duel to the death (the regiment is Honor Bound.) this one I like.

Anyone ever dealt with a similar situation or have any advice?
>>
>>51103829
I'm pretty sure that only Commissars are allowed to shoot members of their own side. Anybody else doing it is treason.
>>
>>51089512
>>51093176
>>51094111
I am talking about characters, specifically my butting heads with the sororitas in the warband over "proper" canon.
My pc believes implicitly in the revelations of Sebastian Thor, and actively believes the Ecclesiarchy is a corrupt, rotting beast that wastes money and lives on grandstanding, self-serving ostentatious displays of opulence to feign faith, and unseemly politicking for personal power.
That he was once a brainwashed not!Eversor assassin for the Ecclesiarchy tasked to slay political opponents within and without in this sector only calcified his belief that the Ecclesiarchy must be torn down for the true faith to take root.
>>
>>51054704
Nope, becomes a Daemon Weapon again and goes with that statline.

Actually fuck that, your idea is kinda cool
>>
>>51103829
It's the Medic's right to deliver the Emperor's Mercy to the wounded. A court martial would end up being his word against the other medic anyway, so the duel seems fine.
>>
>>51097477
They're kinda shit. They tell you what each shield does in the description.

Tome of Decay is a little annoying honestly
>>
>>51105278
Yeah, but what is a daemonic shield in and of itself? Is it also a force field? Or is all of what it does just that description?
>>
>>51099849
Replace this with
>Imperium fails all objectives across the entire board and loses nearly every planet that is contested by other forces
>Only the fleet action above Cadia is successful and that is twisted into something more than what it is
>Every other faction rolls faces, but is somehow meta-penalized for their success
The old 13th Black Crusade was a Chaos roflstomp outright, no two ways about it. Just like Storm of Magic, the setting isn't helped when one side outright wins the entire pot.
>>
>>51101967
I've had one thrown against me in DH2e, 2v1, at 2k xp, and were it not for a friendly npc literally tackling it to the ground and pinning it long enough for me to hack it to pieces, it would have ripped me apart.
Snare rule, man, is fucking scary.
>anon, take 17 pen 4 to the chest
>went from an incredibly successful sneaking mission to OHGOD0WOUNDSFUCKME in 24 seconds
>>
>>51105290
Yeah, exactly what it says
>>
File: medic.png (483KB, 343x616px) Image search: [Google]
medic.png
483KB, 343x616px
>>51040877

In the Only War core rulebook, the medic (pic related) has on their pauldron a prime helix.

Considering the prime helix is supposed to represent the space marines' superior dna, and the wings the 'angels of death' is this wrong that an imperial guard medic has the symbol?
>>
>>51105984
Yes, and also if I remember correctly the Vostroyans are only supposed to send their firstborn sons to serve (might be wrong).
>>
>>51106017

>During the Horus Heresy, Vostroya refused to provide regiments to the Emperor, preferring instead to reserve the population in the manufactoria blanketing the world. After the Heresy, the Vostroyans, out of guilt, agreed to supply every family's firstborn son to service with the Imperial Guard. There are no exceptions to this law, which applies even to the Techtriarchs and the most noble families. For most Vostroyans, it is an honour to join the Firstborn, as great importance is attached to the payment of the debt owed to the Emperor millennia ago.
>>
>>51106029
How non-canon can one image get?
I appreciate the female guardsman art (especially not-Ripley) but come on, FFG...
>>
>>51104998
See, I'm mixed, because like I feel like it SHOULD retain those traits, as the weapon has been shaped by the daemon being removed FROM the weapon, after all? Like, it's sort of reshaped by that fact.
>>
>>51106053
Just pretend she was her family's firstborn, and managed to sneak into the regiment through luck and deception. What are they going to do once she's in? Kick her out for having a vagina?
>>
>>51106053
More bodies for the meat grinder nigga

Wouldn't be surprised if there were families who had a bunch of daughters and went "Well shit. Throw away that dress Tabitha! You're going to Armageddon!"
>>
>>51106053
They are REQUIRED to send their firstborn male children, but there's no rule against women volunteering. Or even getting conscripted, if the need is great. No canon failure here, move along.
>>
>>51099561
I'd say he wouldn't even have to necessarily /escape/ from the Inquisition, some monodominant puritan probably gave him a free ride out of approval of his actions while the moderates an radicals were screaming for his head.
>>
>>51096287
>>51098136
I thought IG regiments were typically all one specialty to keep them fractured in case of going traitor. Barring things like chimeras for mech. Infantry and some scout sentinels.
>>
>>51107955

They are, but a cohesive combined arms regiment just feels better.
>>
>>51108044
I feel ya there.
>>
Fringe is Yours

>Harlequins may add their unmodified Agility score to the distance they may move

This fucker talking about Agility Bonus?
>>
Aren't starting characters in these games a little bit too incompetent? Even with a +30 modifier, it's generally really close to a 1 in 2 chance of failure.
>>
>>51105337
Huh. I remember the WD article stating it was a Chaos Victory, but the Imperium still had naval superiority in most of the galaxy. Ah well, it's been years since that campaign happened, my memory is hazy.
>>
>>51083736
In Gunmetal City, not open-carrying one would get you publicly shunned/mocked.
>>
>>51108915

Most likely. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. If it is a mistake, it will be fixed in a few days.
>>
>>51105157
According to your post, no, a medic can only deliver mercy to victims of psychic attack or showing advanced signs of incoherence.
Merely 'being wounded' is not justification for death.
Medic overstepped his bounds - their is NO EXCUSE for wasting the Emperor's resources.
>>
>>51107955
Naaaw, there's not much one regiment of some 5000 guys can do in the grand scheme.
>>
>>51113836
No, a medic's DUTY is to deliver The Emperor's Mercy to victims of psychic attacks, but it's their RIGHT to deliver it to other wounded. Clearly, the medic reasons, these men stand little chance of ever returning to His service, and endanger other, more valuable assets. It's a kindness, then, to kill them, rather than leave them behind to whatever fate claims them.
>>
>>51114949
Not according to this>>51105157
That's an official munitorum document, anon. It lists two (2) situations only. Report to the commissar for re-education.
You do not, EVER, overstep the rules as written in the Guard, son.
>>
So I am assuming that I'm not the only one who wants to do a game of Deathwatch set in the great crusade, so would anyone happen to have some fanmade rules or suggestions of how to go about using the traitor legions pre heresy?
Would the stats for heresy era gear in the OP work for stuff like Volkite and such?
>>
>>51115405
You're gonna catch a lotta heat from the nofun police; OP has pretty much all you need for equipment - you may hafta stat up yer own traitor legions, tho....and, they'll tell you tha deffwotch didn't exist at that time (tho I think they're wrong......), so they'll mention that you'll hafta make the game about Blackshields instead.
>>
>>51115332
>That's an official munitorum document, anon.

It's something I pulled off DeviantArt because it was related, calm down.
>>
>>51115543
It's likely to just be about a single legion, or maybe a multi legion operation, though I don't know of many that happened.
Any ideas for word bearers or Thousand Sons?
>>
>>51115564
>nofun police detected
Ok, pal!
>>
>>51115616
>Any ideas for word bearers or Thousand Sons?
Like, stat-wise? I'm out of the ffg loop, as i play a homebrewed d6.
Fluff-wise? Well, those are not my go-to legions, not overly familiar with 'em. Both seem to be fairly tragic tho: wordies are just too good, got shamed for being so thoughtful and careful and such, and went full-bitter-outrage, which Horus turned to his advantage. Plus, I guess the heresy technically started with the wordies, so there's THAT.....
Fluff-wise for sons is similarly tragic iirc: just out for knowledge, tricked into looking bad, get rofl-stomped by barbarian dogs, then broken and ghosted by their own evil sorcerers....

But i just reread yer first post and saw "PRE-heresy"......shit.........I know even less preheresy...wordies were builders and speakers and inspirational; sons were learners and knowledgeable and forward-thinking?
Others should have more ideas than me........
>>
>>51115898
>wordies were builders and speakers and inspirational
Hahahahaha, fuck no. They were the Imperial Heralds, and their job was to break cultures and religions over their knee so that people would accept the Imperial Truth and Imperial culture, and employed assault marines with big fucking hooks to literally tear down anything that offended their sensibilities. It was only after Lorgar came in and went full Preacherman that they became the legion of "There is only one God and He is the Emperor, we worship Him and Him alone."
>>
>>51115405

There's another zipfile, the Great Crusade Testing Ground, with more legionary gear like sicarans and relics statted as well. Some of the renown pricing is all fucked up though, but the guy who wrote it said it was a WIP, so you'll have to make up your own costs.
>>
>>51103829
Medics are too valuable to waste like that. Just slap an explosive collar on him and have the controller given to his commanding officer.
>>
>>51116277

The fuck is this. BL can suck a fuck. Word Bearers were, are, and ever will be evangelists. I don't care what anyone else says, that's the truth and that's final.
>>
>>51116778
>Word Bearers were, are, and ever will be evangelists.
Yes, the *Word Bearers* were, and and ever will be evangelists. The Imperial Heralds founded on Terra that preceded them, on the other hand, were society-breakers for the Imperial Truth. Lorgar got most of the old school Imperial Heralds banished or killed pretty early on in his Legion reorganization. Only fragments of that subculture survived into the Heresy era.
>>
Is there a way to play a follower of Nurgle without being gross? I just want to play an overly optimistic and cheerful Plague Marine that encourages his warband to do their best and takes every setback in stride.
>>
>>51117053
>Nurgle
>Not gross
>>
>>51116277
So, the words do a complete 180 turn when lorgar shows up? And they're fine with it??
Yeah, no - that is just silly writing. Not bad: silly. more hh bullshit.
>how can we make the wordies origins cool?
>well, they are the religious zealots and cultural icons of the nascent imperium; let's make them total iconoclasts!!!
>FUCKING BRILLIANT! No one expects the ironic reversal!!
ugh.
>>
>>51117053
>>51117179
I don't know what you mean, anons. Papa Nurgle isn't gross, he loves all things, big or small. I am honored to personall host 700 strains of parasite and disease within my own blessed flesh. It is a blessing when I cough up a liter of rubbery phleghm, it is cute when I feel the Rigellian ripworms twist in my gut, and it is wonderful when my buboes twitch and pulse with my laughter. Gross is not a concept that has meaning. All life is blessed.
>>
>>51117256
I know black library is somewhat reviled on /tg but is the Thousand Sons omnibus at least accurate to what they're meant to be?
And as well, is there any statistic differences to account for with mk2/3/4 power armour?
>>
>>51117256
>the words do a complete 180 turn when lorgar shows up?
They're hardly the only ones.
>And they're fine with it??
The ones that aren't are the ones that got banished or killed. Lorgar just brought in a bunch of new kids that never knew anything different.
>>
>>51117297
>any statistic differences to account for with mk2/3/4 power armour
yes, it's in the deathwatch book rites of battle iirc.
>>
>>51117298
It's still Silly to have the big surprise be a complete reversal of their schtick. Lamely silly, twelve year old edgelord levels of shit.
>>
>>51117357
>Big surprise
It's barely mentioned outside stuff about the early Crusade, just like the grim-faced, self-sacrificing heroics of the unadorned XII Legion, or the brutally savage guerillas and counter-insurgents of the XIX Legion, or the noble and honorable Luna Wolves. For better or worse, Legions developed their own cultures that were lost once the Primarchs came in and wrote themselves onto their Legions.
>>
>>51104098
While a member of the Inquisition might privately hold such beliefs, I think you should instill some fear of his master's opinion of these views.
>>
>>51117016

Nope. Not canon.
>>
>>51117505
It's still stupidly silly that the legions are all the exact opposite of what they were before the primarchs. That's lame assed twelve year old shit writing.
>>
>>51111849
>>51108915

I will fix when I can. It is supposed to be bonus.
>>
>>51118387
>That's lame assed twelve year old shit writing.
Welcome to 40k, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>51117179
>>51117268
So that's a no then? Damn.
>>
>>51121925
If you're a follower of Nurgle you either are or will be a near-literal stinking sack of shit.
>>
>>51121925
All the Chaos gods are ultimately selfish and seek to turn reality into reflections of themselves, Nurgle is no exception. He claims to love everyone but he also seeks to control, and turn everyone into copies of himself. Arguably if he succeeds in turning everyone into these pus-ridden copies he would actually destroy himself since he would no longer have the right emotional energy to feed on... but he doesn't care. The Chaos Gods are vain to the point of suicide.
>>
File: tumblr_ns8hm3v1GK1sf5d2go1_1280.jpg (201KB, 755x1057px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns8hm3v1GK1sf5d2go1_1280.jpg
201KB, 755x1057px
>>
>>51122376
Hence why Malal was the reflection of that, the hatred and destruction of self, but just like all the other gods share elements with each other, they shared that with Malal too.
>>
Have any of you used historical or mythological figures as NPCs or plot points in your campaign? That is, historical or mythological from 21th century standards.

I'm thinking of making my BBEG Prometheus, Chosen of Tzeentch.
>>
>>51125837

How would that even work
>>
I am GM in Only War game. The regiment just left the planet, finished the mission and the highest xp point someone has is 500 in the party. They are transported by Imperial Navy ship, basically changing a planet they fight on. They fought with Severan Dominate as an primary enemy and also encountered Xenos, Dark Eldar. There will be a session on the ship, obviously they don't get to carry around the weapons on the deck. A few questions;

Any interesting ideas to make the whole thing more interesting?

I am not sure if I should place any fights on the session, maybe a boarding action by enemy?

How to make the Imperial Navy armsmen interesting to them? How to flesh them out?

What if one of them gets into serious shit while on the ship? Jail? Martial court by the Imperial Navy highest officers on deck? By few members of commisariat accompying?
>>
>>51125837
I haven't but I actually kinda like it.
>>
>>51128104
>>51128299
Prometheus was an immortal titan who stole fire from the gods and giving it to humanity, allowing them to ascend to greatness on their own. For that crime, Zeus bound him to a rock, to have his liver devoured every day by an eagle, only for it to regenerate every night.

Sounds like a ur-daemon teaching early humanity about sorcery and occult rituals for "their betterment" from his point of view, only to be smote down and bound by Big E.

Now, they're mighty pissed at the powers that be and want to show humanity that they NEED sorcery and the warp to survive the coming apocalypse.
>>
File: Prometheus.jpg (88KB, 776x518px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus.jpg
88KB, 776x518px
>>51128577
Oh I thought you meant this guy.
>>
>>51128129
Anyone?
>>
>>51128129
>>51130407

A lot depends on your players and what kind of game you like to run.

Is this a kind of game where combat is more or less necessary all the time, or are you okay doing some exploration/role playing without it involving fighting during ship transit? Generally in my games (although I generally GM Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, which are less combat intensive), I don't like to insert fights just to fulfill some pre-determined combat quota. Even in a game called "Only War" remember that war is 99% boredom 1% sheer terror. But if you think you or your players would not have fun without combat it's your choice to include or not.

If you are intending on some level of continuity between the 2 combat zones you could have the players overhear some higher-ups talking, or maybe see some mysterious boxes being carried around (holding xenos artifacts or some such) that are quickly hidden away.

Making the armsmen relatable is difficult considering most of them were born on the ship seeing as they're among the most trusted members of the crew. That being said, you could have a random voidsman who was conscripted be from the player's regiment's original home planet. They could ask about the state of affairs back home and commiserate or something along those lines.

Most crimes on the ship will probably fall under commissarial authority, but serious crimes against the ship or her people would probably be delegated to the captain or his/her officers depending on the circumstances.

If you do decide to go with combat, make it be more than something just to fill space. Why did the enemies target this ship? Is there a particular artifact or agent they're after? How did they know it was coming? Is there a leak inside the Imperial Guard Command?

Does this answer your questions?
Good luck on your game.
>>
>>51128129
Flesh out different cool areas of the ship for them to explore, and cool characters to encounter. Let the fighting stay planetside this time around: let 'em get drunk, gamble, carouse - see what trouble they find for themselves. Flesh out navy armsmen as you would imp guard - they're just the guard in spess. As for serious shit, that's what commissars are for.
>>
>>51119431
>Welcome to nu40k
ftfy
>>
>>51130407
Imperial troop transports are MASSIVE. You could have a session where your grunts try to deal with being trapped in a confined space with the remnants of half a dozen depleted regiments, and all the cultural strife that comes with it. Catachans pissibg on the Mordians, Tallarns annoying the Cadians, and wveryone beating up the Praetorians. Oh, and someone hooked up a makeshift hooch distilliary in the barracks, pissibg off the Tech Priests.

Hell, depending on how much your group screws up you could end up porting to Rogue Trader.
>>
>>51131770
>>51131787

Thank you anons. May Emperor bless you.
>>
>>51131870
Ohh that's an nice idea too!
>>
Hello I am new to Only War and selected Heavy Gunner as my class. I want to get the "Bulging Biceps" trait but I only have 25 strength. Is there any way to reach the requisite 45 strength I need quickly? Our regiment has augmetics if that helps in any way.
>>
>>51128129
Gambling and drinking with a Naval rating, maybe even getting his Pistol.

Make a few friendly to them, giving them a potential ally down the line if anyone gains an ability to call in Naval support.

Have a friendly inter-regiment bet on whose squad can clear a kill house the fastest.

Have a mutant incursion from a lost part of the ship, a black hold.

OH SHIT! Space Hulk!

Hey, look, our quartermaster is hammered!

Commissar Rük is being investigated for not executing enough guardsman. Help him keep his head so you don't lose yours.

Tech Priests are giving seminars on basic lasgun maintenance with prizes for quickest assembly.
>>
>>51131893
Frankly there no end of shit to do in a flying space-cathedral the size of a small city. Add a couple 10,000 ptsd veterans flying through the hell dimension, and the stories write themselves.
>>
>>51132345
you suddenly make 40k sounds 200% more metal
>>
>>51046030
My character managed to "quit" inquisitorial service by removing himself from his extremely radical inquisitor, faking the death of his love interest and sending her off-sector to remove any leverage the said inquisitor could have had and erasing or altering old records to make it appear he had never been a part of the original retinue.

Oh, and he also saved sector capital (along with bulk of the sector fleet) from an all-out Eldar assault who were duped into committing their entire craftworld to the attack.
>>
>>51132073
Is this still character creation? Can you reroll your statline?
>>
>>51133432
Sounds interesting. How were the Eldar duped into attacking an Imperial Sector fleet? Usually stand up engagements aren't really their kind of thing.
>>
How many daemon weapons is too many?
>>
>>51135182
Well, depends on the game
dh - 0
dw - 0
ow - 0
bc - YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I'm not entirely clear on the fluff, but is weapon retrofitting for vehicles a thing that happens in the Imperium?
>>
>>51135814

Yes. As an example, the Thunderer Siege Tank is a retrofit of a Demolisher Cannon on a Destroyer Tank Hunter chassis. Ordo Reductor Artillery Tanks are also quite modular, able to have their loadouts swapped as needed.
>>
Are there craftworld eldar PC rules?
>>
Does anyone have any good Rogue Trader suggestions for a good military transport ship?
>>
>>51136780
More info please.

I had a pretty good game where we converted a Loki Class transport into a heavy military vessel and the campaign was us swanning about as a PMC.
>>
>>51137107
Thinking of doing the exact opposite of that - starting with a military vessel converted for trade purposes. High SP / Low PF warrant. What else are you asking about?
>>
>>51137257
If you build it just right you can start with a Battlecruiser with minimal weapons.
>>
>>51133975
Local Lord Inquisitor was extremely radical and a good friend of the local Craftworld. She didn't take kindly to our inquisitor's brand of radicalism because he in turn had allied himself with the Necrons.
With the necrons rising across the sector and our inquisitor using necron toys to stem the daemonic incursion she decided destroying the sector capital would be a good idea to get rid of both problems at once and the Eldar liked the idea.
>>
>>51125837
I'm about to introduce Baba Yaga.
>>
>>51137409
Anything else?
>>
>>51133484

No, wed be starting soon and are otherwise locked in
>>
>>51138903
Shit out of luck then unless if you have 2500 exp to dump into strength advances.
>>
>>51138997

Alright thanks anon
>>
>>51138688
I dunno man, you're being really unclear of what question you actually have.
>>
There's no way it isn't a possibility, but is there any canon examples of a non-psyker human being forced into being an awakened psyker. More than likely by way of chaos artifact?
>>
>>51140230
I recall out of a necromunda novel, deadzone I think, there's a story about a ratskin that takes some kind of drug that awakens him psychically but then he proceeds to get possessed.
>>
>>51139317
I don't see what's unclear about asking for ship builds. You're being unclear about what you're missing.

It's not a major thing if you're not up to it; I'll get around to it myself once I get over indecisive group burnout.

Maybe I'll just ask about good / trap ship stats and components instead. I've gone over everything, but never actually done ship stuff.
>>
>>51140802
a different anon here, I'm a RT ghame master so i'm used to ship builds. What do you want to built and what kind of purpose/story is there behind that ship ?
>>
>>51141126
Base concept is a military vessel covered for trade use. Some of the group are set on being stealthy, so I presume that means smaller than a battle cruiser is better. Backstory is still barebones, other than being from the age of rebirth.
>>
File: Dark Souls III Retro Cover.png (2MB, 1290x867px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls III Retro Cover.png
2MB, 1290x867px
I popped in a while back, and I'm downloading the book to check it out, but I've got a few questions for longtime 40kRPG/WHFRP players.

I'm using a d% system for a Dark Souls inspired game, and I'm drawing on a lot of what I remember from some failed 40k games I've been in, most that never even got beyond character creation.

How does the system handle high target numbers? Specifically it seems like there's a very small window where rolling will be tense. Everything else is too low to be even 50/50 or so high you're not really in danger.

Where do player skills usually stop at? How do you handle a roll that's over 100%?
>>
>>51141431
I mean, that's the basic level you start at, but I'm not sure DS really works like gameplay wise, because a lot of DS is basically just memorization and getting good at the controls and evasion/blocking, which is timing based.
>>
>>51141633
What's the basic level you start at?

And yeah, I'm not trying to perfectly replicate the actual gamefeel. It's mostly about fantasy grimdark stuff. The main "gimmick" of combat is that there's no set action 'speeds' (Half, full, reaction, etc), everything just costs Stamina.
>>
>>51141852
I mean that you start off at like say 30-40% chance of success of most actions like attacking and all.
>>
>>51086776
>given to the sororitas convent
Ecclesiarcy, not even once
>>
>>51141916
Oh, yeah, I know that. I'm more concerned about how to handle the higher end stuff, and keep the game from feeling boring as everyone rolls 110%.
>>
>>51142567
I dunno, it's never seemed boring.
>>
>>51141314
stealthy military vessel going for trade ? you can't go wrong with a frigate, or, if you have the Shp points for it, a light cruiser. A sneaky star galleon with full launch bays is a nasty surprise as well.

For going sneaky breaky, an Empyrean mantle from Into the Storm is good. If you have access to archeotech, a Cypra Mundi pattern drive is good for that too.
To keep with that theme, passive Augers Arrays from Hostile Acquisition help in that regard. With them, you can scan without being perceptible.

Concerning trade, Luxury passengers Quarters (only one, don't abuse them), Trophy room, Cargo holds, and you'll do fine.

Take a few components helping with morale and other potential endeavours, such as an Auto-temple, Barracks, Observation Dome.

Concerning weaponry, stay with macracanons, and if you can, launch bays, with at least with one Support Squadron.
A Conquest going with full launch bays will add 25*8= 400 achievements points alone if you can use your commercial aeronautica, that is , most of the time.
Shall I try to build one from scractch to give you an exemple ?

For
>>
>>51143239
>Shall I try to build one from scractch to give you an exemple ?
If you have something in mind that ties all this together, please do.
>>
Am I supposed to railroad my players in Dark Heresy 2nd?

I tend to give them a designated area to investigate with a map, and set them to find possible leads about the heretics/cultists/mutants in question. They end up wandering around not knowing how to get going with the operation; some players find dead-time annoying.

Has this happened to you?
>>
>>51143550
Have you explained to them that it is an investigation game based on personal initiative and exploration, and that hooks generally do not fall into their laps?
This isn't D&D, where you can fall back on raiding your local crypt or check a bulletin board.
>>51142567
Depends. Bonuses cap at -/+60, and I tick bonuses BEFORE penalties, so if your aggregate bonuses hit the cap, you still have the penalties to subtract. It goes a long way towards cutting back on people minmaxing to autosucceed on certain high value tasks.
>>
>>51136346
Official stuff in RT, homebrew in the mega.
>>
>>51118387
Not true, tho.
Many of those motes are still present, simply warped by cult of personality.
Luna Wolves, for example, simply replaced their code of honor with a gangland one, which has it's own code of honor and internal ethics.
RG stepped laterally, Salamanders are much the same, IW/IF are fairly the same.
>>
>>51143500
Got a ship ready.
Codename :" Sneaky Booty".
>Hull :
Conquest star galleon.
>Background :
Planetbound for millenia.
>Essential Components :
Modified Jovian Class Plasma Drive, Strelov 2 Warp Engine, Emergency Field, Repulsor Douvle Void Shield Array, Commercia Bridge, Voidsmen Quarters, Ancient Life Sustainer, Passive Detectop, Arrays
>Ship Weapons:
4 lathes pattern launch bays (poor quality).
>Supplemental Components :
Auto-temple, Empyrean Mantle, 2 Main Cargo Holds (integrated), Observation Dome, Trophy Room.

> Stats :
Speed : 5. Detection : +10. armor : 16. Man : +5 Hull points : 65. Sp : 65. Energy : 46/75 Space : 56/56. Moral : 101/101.
Trade AP : +450, +400 more if using support aeronautica.
Military AP : 0, +400 if using military aeronautica.
Crime AP: +100
Exploration AP: +100.
Creed AP : +150.

a bit cramped right now, needing repairs in her weaponry, she is a bargain though. With better launch bays, you'll get a bit of room for a repair facility and a good quality barracks.
you use it in silent run, hidding in nebulas and other stellar phenomena, and bombs things from afar. Not the strongest warship ever, but you can defend yourself well, can use it to smuggle things, can plunder loot from lost worlds without space lifts easily.
and you are in a Stargalleon, meaning you are a classy RT.

Opinions, thoughts, criticisms ?
>>
quick questions, concerning OW regiment creation rules : as written, I can only take one drawback, and three doctrines, correct ?

Though, i've seen many regiments here using more doctrines and especially more flaws.
Is there something I've not seen somewhere or that something that is accepted for homebrewing a regiment?
>>
>>51143550
You can always fall back on the good old "the heretics try to kill the players out of fear of being discovered" thing to hand them a hook on a silver platter
>>
>>51146666
Woah, satanic quads

>>51146831
Wrong thread anon
>>
>>51144936
If you're GM, you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>51040877
what chapter of space marines worship order the most?
>>
>>51147464
Explain what do you mean by order.
>>
>>51147548
adherence to structure and harmony
>>
>>51147918
Well Ultramarines are autismos about Codex Astartes. Imperial Fists are stoic, unbreaking and masters of defence, same goes for Crimson Fists.
>>
>>51147918
Explain what do you mean by structure and harmony

Words are slippery, anon, embrace chaos.
>>
File: 1458643886025.jpg (45KB, 716x717px) Image search: [Google]
1458643886025.jpg
45KB, 716x717px
>>51148022
>embrace slavery
nah
>>
What's the Psy Rating of an Eldar Warlock? Can't find stats for neither them nor Farseers.
>>
Hot and Fresh

>>51149475
>>51149475
>>51149475
>>
>>51148846
Warlock 5 and Farseer 8, at least according to the Navis Primer.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.