[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern action-horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How is Savage Worlds as a system for action-horror set anywhere in second part of XX century-modern day? Currently I'm trying to choose between CoC and SW. I'd rather not use WoD since some of my players have allergic reaction towards it (yeah, towards the system, go figure). I have next to none experience with them, and so I decided to query /tg/.

I'll be trying to go for the "monsters can win against any human, but organized we stand a chance" feel, if that helps.
>>
Just go with the new Delta Green
>>
>>51037158

That actually seems like a pretty good idea.

Is the "Agent's Handbook" all I need to run it? Or is there a separate "Handler Handbook" or somesuch? I see there's a "Delta Green RPG: Need to Know", but it doesn't seem to be required, right?
>>
>>51037050
I massively prefer SW to CoC with anything that involves action.

CoC is mostly simulationist % wankery, which is great if you want to stat a character's skills out and immerse yourself in the game world with straightforward numbers for when you need to know the exact % of how likely you are to find the book you are looking for, but has absolutely dreadfully boring and somewhat slow gameplay if you start doing anything that may involve a lot of rolling (i.e. action).

I don't know how Delta Green is, but it sounds alright.
>>
>>51037158
This
>>
>>51037211
Every BRP-based game has very deadly combat. Don't expect the characters to survive for long.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.