[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game_logo.png (302KB, 2000x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game_logo.png
302KB, 2000x1026px
So I will try...

Does anyone play pkmnTCG?

Expanded or Standard?

Deck list?
>>
3rd most popular tcg
3rd best tcg
>>
File: 1481747242888.png (78KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481747242888.png
78KB, 375x375px
>>51032778
The vp thread is fairly alive most times.
My local store is starting to support Pokemon, that's exciting. Magic Players as well as other game players are showing interest in playing it. Might be cool.
Expanded trevenant because I hate fun.
>>
>>51032778
Not in years. It looks like its old self, but exactly feel like its old self.
>>
I play online via the free program for what that's worth. I think it's pretty fun and feel really dumb not getting it when I was younger and the game was fresh and (I'm guessing) more popular.
>>
>>51032778
magic player who dont know dick about pokemon.

I picked up a sealed deck, the zapdos legendary battle deck the other day. friend bought the moltres one and we played against each other. seems fun. simple, but fun. would like to get more involved with it.

I REALLY like the how buying sealed product irl unlocks digital sealed product in the online game. that single point is just about the sole reason I decided to give the game a try.
>>
>>51032857
online client blows MOTO out of the water, too.
>>
File: love it2.jpg (401KB, 731x879px) Image search: [Google]
love it2.jpg
401KB, 731x879px
>>51032778
Well I play with it in an entirely different way,.
>>
>>51032852
Pokemon is bigger and more popular than it ever has been video game, anime, and tcg wise.

We just got old anon. All the kids still love it.
>>
>>51032875
magic player who doesn't know dick about MTGO

what exactly makes it so bad? It looks like a well done program. It's not flashy, but it doesn't need to be. I wouldn't expect them to be able to futureproof it for new wacky mechanics either.
>>
>>51032802
This.
>>51032875
And this.
>>
>>51032778
While it's not off topic here, there is a general for it on /vp/
>>
I started playing properly a year or two ago, collected when I was a kid obviously but had no idea how to play.

My LGS has a great community, there are some little kids but it's mostly people my age. I can't compare it to other card game slike Magic but it's pretty fun and simple, but feels quite strategic if you're against someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
My gf collects some of the cards so I get a code from time to time so its pretty fun online, I also heard and noticed farming for the digital 5card packs isn't that bad either (and you can find the codes online for 0,20 each or something)
>>
>>51035151
MOTO is the exact opposite of a good program.
>>51037779
One thing I notice magic players doing in Pokemon that usually loses them the game is overdrawing. They're like "Holy shit, this card is free and draws me 7 cards? I want to play one of these every turn." And when they do, they run out of their other resources to win the game, most often energy.
Resource management is huge in pokemon tcg.
>>
File: Mewtwo-EX.NXD.98.png (1MB, 570x795px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo-EX.NXD.98.png
1MB, 570x795px
>>51032778
I played (badly of course) as a kid and picked up the online a few years ago for giggles. Had a lot of fun, but rapidly grew frustrated with how pay-to-win it was because you pretty much needed to get tin legendaries in order to be effective.

<- ESPECIALLY THIS FUCKER, CHRIST ON A STICK. Dual Colorless Energy was in rotation at the same time. It was incredible.

I don't know if that's changed any, but I don't really want to go back. Frustration with PTCGO got me to play Duels of the Planeswalkers, which got me into Magic, and now I just get my digital tcg fix from Hearthstone.
>>
File: buzzwole.png (471KB, 1100x1142px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole.png
471KB, 1100x1142px
>>51039059
First off, Double Colorless Energy is always reprinted. There's never been a time where it wasn't standard.
Secondly, the game is literally one of the cheapest TCGs available. All decks use 80% of the same trainer cards, so once you have them you can easily build other decks without much financial strain because pokemon are relatively cheap compared to the initial gathering price of trainer cards.
X-Ball Mewtwo's initial release was fairly awful, from what I heard, but the game isn't 'need legendaries' in order to win. It isn't even 'need EX pokemon' in order to win. The game is fairly well balanced, and has a large amount of successful decks in both standard and expanded that have many different strategies.
Hell, the fact that the game has powerful cards like that X-Ball Mewtwo in a tin which you can easily purchase in stores for 20$ (and comes with 4 packs!) compared to having to fish for it in said packs (or buy it from a singles location for 10$) is fantastic, and really opens the game up to many players.
>>
>>51039120
Well damn, I could've sworn there was a point where DCE wasn't standard but I don't really remember.

Basically I found the format really frustrating and not very diverse at all when I played, which was around X-Ball Mewtwo's initial release, and it really turned me off from the game. That and the client was buggy as hell, but do I know that improved drastically.

It's good to hear that the format's better now, at least.
>>
>>51032778
>So I will try...
But Anon, there is always a Pokemon TCG thread on /vp/ with a lot of replies, good stuff etc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.