[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AdEva

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (465KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
465KB, 1920x1200px
I need help, /tg/. My group wants me to run an AdEva campaign and I want to know what everyone elses' experiences with the system are. Anything that needs to be house ruled or stuff that I should be aware of?

AdEva thread as well I guess, talk about your stories, settings, characters, ect...
>>
>>51031817
I'm not a huge fan of the system. My party and I seem to have fun in spite of the rules, during pilot RP sessions. This might be because our DM's a hack and never bothered to actually read the combat rules, though, I dunno.
>>
>>51034742
I've had a similar experience. It's a very RP-heavy system. Don't really have an eye for systems so I can't really tell you what is OP and what isn't though.
>>
I've actually been looking into playing this, is it worth it? In the opinions of the anons who have i mean.
>>
>>51031817
>>51034968

It supports a VERY SPECIFIC flavor of Evangelion that kind of exaggerates the helplessness and insanity factors. In that regard, it's a little over the top.

I think Battle Century G is a better system, but it is also more generic, and so if you are looking for a very tailored experience that is hard to fuck up, AdEva is better if you have no idea how to get Eva flavor, but an experienced GM might prefer Battle Century G for its more flexible system and saner math.
>>
>>51034968
If you and your friends like NGE and want to play crying children that have mental breakdowns, fine. It's best when played with friends in my experience (but what TRPG isn't?). The combat can get a little complex and bloated, but that's whatever. The majority of your time in sessions will be RP, with a session or so in between being RP and downtime.
>>
>>51034991
>VERY SPECIFIC flavor of Evangelion
What do you mean by this?
>an experienced GM might prefer Battle Century G
I see. So it's good for inexperienced GMs who need a bit of handholding?
>>
>>51035043

You can expect that combats in AdEva will involve a lot of whiffing in general until the PCs figure out how they can reliably stick their attacks and then things turn into a meat grinder in general. You can also expect things to go VERY wrong when they go wrong, and for most combats to devolve into a slugfest in which there's very little teamwork in general. Generated characters and NPCs will by design have major personality issues/be terrible people, and will go nuts in very Dark Heresy type ways at the drop of a pin. PC's conditions will degrade over time.

It has a very baked-in flavor, in that regard.

That being said, AdEva gives very reliable advice on how to run and pace a campaign, and even though I think its boss creation rules are very unreliable, they do kind of work. The game intends for you to run its "One combat session, one out of combat session with some time-off rules" pace, and that is tried-and-true and one of the reasons why 7 years ago it was even so hugely popular. But nothing says you can't take that and do it with any other system.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.