[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1482536180582.jpg (2MB, 970x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1482536180582.jpg
2MB, 970x1787px
Hey /tg/, I'm working on a campaign right now and I could use some help. It's pretty Lovecraft-y and a major plot point is a cult on a small Siberian island that frequently sacrifices virgins to the sea for breeding with fish-folk, as a result most of the island is pretty Shadow over Innsmouth esque. The cult is being investigated by a young Russian photographer turned naval cook who shipwrecked on the island.
What are some weird rituals or creepy set pieces I can use to ruin this guys day?
>>
Wicker man. It's underwater.

He notices all the jewlery the women-folk of the town are wearing are made of shells, fish bones, coral and pearls.

The people in town net up a huge amount of fish from the open, toss them around like a hot potato, and then throw them back into the say. Each says a prayer over the fish.

Strange glowing lights out in the open ocean you can see from shore. None of the people in the town will acknowledge that its there.

Torn up old city map. When pieced together it has a road that is now sunken. Following it underwater leads to the fish-men's lair.

Sea foam collected in giant metal drums. Every single house has an identical metal drum.

Hope these give you some ideas OP
>>
>>51032126
That definitely gives me something to work with. Right now the major focus is this giant elder god slowly approaching the island that they're on. The fish people are trying to make sure nothing hinders his progress. I just really needed something to make them more interesting than the creature that's approaching.
>>
>>51032961
Tie it in to Russia's current ruling party. IIRC, they actually fund sex retreats for young couples in the hopes of reversing their declining birthrates. Maybe he's looking for someone?
>>
File: 1475322638058.jpg (2MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
1475322638058.jpg
2MB, 2304x3072px
>>51033148
I could make him think he needs to find someone maybe. His involvement with the cult is kind of his own branch of the parties story of maintaining a light house that protects from the lurker beyond the threshold. The party is stranded in the lighthouse on this island, and he's tasked with going to the village every day to get food. While he's in town I need cult-y shenanigans to make him feel uncomfortable and scared.
>>
>>51029690
>weird rituals
ominous nursery rhymes.

Like kids being taught this shit by a school teacher all laughing and dancing some simple funny dance but the actual words heavily imply some kind of fish sex
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.