[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Tech level would be the imperium of man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: basic1_lg.jpg (54KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
basic1_lg.jpg
54KB, 500x662px
What Tech level would be the imperium of man?
>>
Due to the loss and occasional rediscovery of ancient super-technology, the varied nature of the planets within the Imperium, and inconsistent portrayals from writers and devs, the IoM ranges from TL0 to TL12^.

Removing the outliers like the advanced forge-worlds or hilariously regressed feudal and primitive worlds, though, I'd say the Imperium of Man probably averages around TL10^; at the very least, the Imperial Guard as the most uniform part of the IoM is TL10^ going by their standard loadout.
>>
>>51024666
>>51025469

I'd say in most case it would be TL6+3^

That's a base of TL 6, so about world war one, with some technology up to TL 9 (the TL after the modern age).

And the ^ is to mark superscience/magic bullshit that falls outside normal TLs.
>>
>>51025525
>base WWI

>builds starships
>terraforms planets
>eats stars

Man, World War One must have been incredibly different to how I remember those documentaries.
>>
>>51025587

>Magical bullshit

IoM starships, terrforming and star eating are not part of the normal TL system, it's fantasy magic.
>>
>>51025525
>>51026097
You are completely retarded.
>>
>>51026181
>Getting salty because 40k makes no sense and runs on magic

It's a fantasy setting. Calm down.
>>
>>51024666
Depends if you try to make the super tech "Magic" or tech.
>>
>>51025525
Seems to low
>>
>>51026257
No he's right you are retarded
>>
Imperial Worlds are part of a vast galactic spacefaring empire.
Excluding Forge worlds which go up a notch or two at minimum and instead working with worlds like Hive, Shrine and Fortress Worlds they are capable of technological feats that put modern day technology to shame.

The problem is that the technology level is degraded unequally from their technology level at their height. Much biotech is lost or vulnerable to chaos corruption, the same with AI. Yet they retain grav manipulation technology and construct star-devouring dreadnoughts.

Imagine a stone ball. This ball sloly grows over time as matter accumlates upon it. This represents technological growth as it slowly grows and builds on it's core. Other balls belonging to other civilisations and races may not be perfect spheres but egg shaped or similar due to how the matter, or knowledge, accumulates or is discovered.
The Imperium's ball was a massive ball almost as big as the Emperor's own golden balls. But it's since been thrown in a vat of acid, fished out, cleaned, thrown back in a again and hurriedly wiped down with a rag. It's been unevenly eaten away, at some parts it's more sponge than stone, in others the surface is pockmarked but still sturdy. And there's still traces of acid left in there. Also someone drew a dick on it.
And then you fuckers come along with some calipers and ask what the diameter of the ball is. Pick any two opposite points on the ball and you'll get an answer. Pick a different pair and you'll get a different answer.
>>
File: laughing Cadre.jpg (39KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Cadre.jpg
39KB, 640x387px
>>51036916
>The Imperium's ball was a massive ball almost as big as the Emperor's own golden balls
>>
>>51024666
It's generally considered 9, but a LOT of things are retro-futuristic, so it's 6+3 or 7+2

>>51025587
I'm not sure you understand how "+" work in describing TLs

>>51034905
Seems perfect. It's exactly what capabilities Imperium has. Some very rare and even more unique stuff can be TL10, but that's it.
Eldar are 11, so go figure.
>>
>>51037496
>I'm not sure you understand how "+" work in describing TLs

Explain.
>>
>>51037857
You take baseline TL, X, then add value corresponding to specific TL you actually want to have, which would be X+Y. Thus everything looks and is done with X in mind, but having technological capabilities of X+Y.

For example, having WW1 tanks (TL6) running on cold fusion (TL9, thus 6+3).
>>
File: 102313_1.1.jpg (75KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
102313_1.1.jpg
75KB, 900x600px
>>51024666
You could always just ask GURPS general, rather than making a thread for this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.