[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: western.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
western.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
So, I recently felt like running a western session, I proposed it to my players and they actually were very enthusiastic about the idea. The thing is, I never ran anything like that before. What are some systems you would recommend /tg/? What advice or interesting ideas you guys have about running a good western game? Any stories of such games you played worth telling?
>>
Dogs in the Vineyard is worth playing at least once. It has some unusual mechanics for its conflict resolution and some very good methods for the GM to create interesting situations.
>>
File: Boot+Hill.jpg (37KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
Boot+Hill.jpg
37KB, 391x500px
From the Ancient Times...
>>
Gunslingers and Gamblers, a game with poker dice mechanic
>>
>>51020632
Deadlands is a pretty fun fantasy western setting. Complete with possessed corpses and giant ticks.
>>
>>51020673
Came here to post this
>>
File: poker dice.gif (31KB, 399x320px) Image search: [Google]
poker dice.gif
31KB, 399x320px
>>51020913
this, your skills determine the amount of dice you can reroll and you try to get the best hand, mostly you'll need a hand determined by the GM. combat is a roll of fighting/ shooting against a roll of fighting/ reflexes of your target and weapons step up your hand, the difference is the wounds the target gains.
You can play it with normal dice just as easy, it's basically yahtzee.
It's fun.
>>
>>51020721
how does this one work?
>>51021478
I hate weird west
>>
>>51026570

Boot Hill is very gritty, the designer was big on historical games. There's not much of the Hollywood walk-down bravado in it; it'll get you killed. It's more like the actual west, in that smart desperadoes shoot the guy in the back, preferably with a rifle from cover.
>>
>>51027288
sounds good, what kind of system is it? more rules heavy or light? What Dice do I need?
>>
>>51027613

Very old school. Modestly crunchy. Uses percentile dice. This is for the second edition from 1979, there was a third edition that came out in like 1990 but I don't know much about it except it was written by a different guy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.