[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 55

File: 40kgeneral4.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral4.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Dark Eldar appreciation edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (the libraries of Commorragh are far more "interesting"):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
First for Commorragh!
>>
>>51018350
First for dark eldar were my first army
>>
3rd for black templars
>>
Speaking of black templars

1000 point spess mehreen black templar army.

Captain artificer armour gav pistol and power fist 150

Predetor with twin linked las canon 100

Storm talon with las cannon 125

Land raider crusader 250

Crusader squad with grav cannon and amp with gav gun 120

Crusader squad with 5extra initiates and 5 extra neophytes and sword brother one have a power fist and another with a flamer the rest with chain swords 230

A rino, RINO with storm bolter

Please give me some pointers
>>
5th for can't find the strength to paint my last infantry squad.
I'll probably even miss this number.
>>
>>51018380
Daemons were my first army

I have no idea what a shooting phase is or how non-assault weapons work.
>>
>>51018350
So, I think im gonna go with the SC Dark Eldar box, and eventually build onto it with a Armored Squad box, some venoms, and some scourges.

Now, comes the fun part: Thinking up some fluff behind them, and a paint Scheme. I've been doing a lot of Blues and Reds as of late, and Im trying to gome up with another scheme. Any suggestions?
>>
File: IG waifu.jpg (186KB, 842x416px) Image search: [Google]
IG waifu.jpg
186KB, 842x416px
8th for aesthetic shoulderpads

Seriously, I wish all IG had these
>>
>>51018425
It's Deldar, so start with your Archon's ambitions and go from there.
>>
>>51018387
You're welcomed in the webway mon-keigh
>>
File: GoG-header.jpg (101KB, 1000x388px) Image search: [Google]
GoG-header.jpg
101KB, 1000x388px
Surprising amount of Dark Eldar discussion recently. Is Gangs of Commorragh the only new thing coming out for us? Is there any new lore concerning the DE yet?
>>
>>51018350
So what are the pros and cons of Venoms and Raiders? When would you take one over the other? If Raiders make better gunboats, why do Blasterborn go in Venoms?

>>51018427
It's literally the difference between flak and carapace, that and kneepads which Mira also has iirc.
>>
>>51018443
>the red guy
What is that? DE? Necron? The artstyle makes it hard to tell.
>>
>>51018409
You can start by listing things out in point form.

>Captain
Replace with the Emperor's Champion.
>Predator
Get some side sponsons, either drop points elsewhere to save up for Tri Lascannons or get two Lascannon sponsons and save the Autocannon turret.
>Storm Talon and LRC
These are fine.
>Crusader Squad, Grav gun, Grav cannon
Do they go in the Rhino? That's the only way you'll get them firing.
>Big Crusader squad
Should be fine.
>>
File: 2015-01-27 18.37.12.jpg (310KB, 751x997px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-27 18.37.12.jpg
310KB, 751x997px
>>51018471
I was wondering that too. Those two blades sticking up from his back pretty much say he's an Incubus since they have the same things, but he's a little more fancy and samurai-esque than other Incubi.

But if that is an Incubus it begs the question of why the hell he's hanging around a bunch of Black Templars, an Inquisitor and other zealous Imperials.
>>
>>51018451
I'd be surprised in the fluff with the agme doesn't go into more detail on DE society.
But thats not out yet.
>>
>>51018452
Raiders have Dark Lances, Splinter racks, a bit more bulk and a larger capacity for your Kabalite squads. Venoms are just enough for your HQ and a Trueborn retinue, and have an ungodly amount of anti infantry firepower.
>>
File: IMG_3259.jpg (383KB, 720x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3259.jpg
383KB, 720x1120px
Anons, can you please rate my Word Bearers Khorne Daemonkin list? It's going to be my first army, so I thought to ask you all before I buy anything else, as I already have my tactical squads.

1500 Khorne Daemonkin

HQ
-Daemon Prince, 160
+Daemonic Flight, 40
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
+Ichor Blood, 5
Total, 270

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 130
+2 marines, 30
+9xCCW, 18
+Power Sword, 15
+2xMelta gun, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
Total, 233 (466)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Havoc Launchers, 12
Total, 52 (104)

Fast Attack
-3xFlesh Hounds, 240

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiend, 390
+Lasher Tendrils, 30
Total, 420

Complete total, 1500

Also, Lasher Tendrils versus Magma Cutters? Magma Cutters seem really useful if you want to cut open a metal box or something, but 3/4 S10 Power Fist attacks seem like they could do the job too. I'm not sure, though. Lasher Tendrils seem really useful against dreadnoughts and other things, though. Also, should I take out the dogs and add in a unit of Possessed to make this a Blood Host, or keep it a CAD?
>>
>>51018471
He's suppose to be a DE character, can't recall what his name is.

>>51018452
Venoms are much better if you want to run a MSU list, Raiders are more general purpose since you can stick a wider variety in them. Raiders twin link all splinter weapons and can get a dark lance to shoot vehicles.

Trueborn have loads of options and full kitted out in a venom they cost about the same sitting right under 200 points in a venom.
You can go 4 Blasters in a venom, or 3 blasters and 2 splinter cannons for loads of dakka, or you can stick them with 4 blasters and 2 splinter cannons in a raider with a webway Archon for some really wild deep strike fun.

Do whatever you want, that's pretty much the fun of Dark Eldar transports
>>
>>51018508
But I'm going to be jinking like fuck either way if there's a high-value squad riding inside, right? Is the built-in 5++ more important in case of Ignore Cover than 3HP?
>>
>>51018409
I mean you've got a lot of armour but it can't really do that much. I'm assuming the gravcannon/gun squad is going in the rhino, which might be ok but mixing heavy and special weapons on your basic troops doesn't usually end well. A big choppy deathstar in the Landraider might catch some off guard, but if it's the only thing on the table (and after 3 turns of your opponent ignoring it and wiping everything else out it WILL be) it's kinda gimped.
I'd drop the Artificer armour and grav pistol from your captain, at this low point level he's gonna spend most his time in the raider, and you're probably only going to get 1 shot off a game with the pistol, so unless you're vapourising a TEQ it's usually not worth it. Combi-melta goes well with a P.Fist though. Taking flyers in that small a game is a liiitle bit arseholey, and it wont even be that useful in all honesty, I'd just use those points to put more bodies on the floor and turn your predator into one with las-sponsons and autocannon top, which is usually seen as the most points efficient way to take them. I think that looks like wank though, so don't worry if you end up using the tri-las variant.

To summarise, drop the talon, modify the Rhino squad into something that maybe hangs back on midfield objectives, plasma guns are usually a good shout, perhaps buff the Predator a little bit and some small adjustments to the Captain and big crusader squad.
>>
>>51018533
>Taking flyers in that small a game is a liiitle bit arseholey
A single flyer per 750 is fair game, especially when it's something light like the talon and not some shit like a vendetta.
Nitpicking here since I think your advice is sound, even the bit about dropping the flyer.
>>
File: tuska.jpg (73KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
tuska.jpg
73KB, 800x680px
has this theory been burned to the ground yet?

okay /tg/. I was reading about the Daemon-Killa ork.

From what I've heard, Khorne has a whole bunch of orks infesting his realm. In fact, because so much aggression, combat and conflict in the universe is because of orks, Khorne has even started becoming more orkish looking. His face, his manner of speech, everything.

The Daemon-Killa orks are still there in Khorne's daemon world and realms to this day, where the orks fight endlessly. They're both remade and their spores go out to populate the psychic hellscape, becoming more orks.

I think Khorne made a mistake, /tg/. I think Khorne is going to wind up as a third in a triumvirate of Gork and Mork. Eventually, those orks are going to get too numerous and powerful. The vast majority of the psychic activity in Khorne's domain is going to be orkish.

The universe has only really had 40K years for generations to breed, grow, die. Orks reproduce like holy fuck and they send out mucho violence and conflict and war. While one could say that this should empower Khorne, I think it's also changing the very face of the God of War itself.

I think at some point, the God of Blood will get set upon by Gork and Mork and pounded flat, who will have infested so much of the God of Blood and Skulls domain that the only waaaugh in the entire endless void of Korne will be Orkish in nature. And that's not Chaos, that's just Orks being Orks. That's their nature, not their excess.

I think the chaos god of war, violence and conflict is poisoned and drunk and he doesn't even know what's happening to him.
>>
File: 1446528933258.jpg (260KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
1446528933258.jpg
260KB, 1136x811px
>>51018559
Khorne is the face of war, not of the factions that go to war.
Remember that line that /tg/ loves to spout whenever Khorne's ethos or motives are questioned? That he cares not from where the blood flows? The races that happen to be making the most war wouldn't affect him with their mannerisms, they would just empower him because they are out there spilling blood.
>>
>>51018526
the 5++ allows you to not jink against some weapons like a Heavy Bolter for example, or if you're feeling frisky Scatlasers and Auto Cannons.
>>
>>51018605
UNless they retconned it he's just an growth of the emotion of rage isn't he? something that Orks don't really feel when they're killing, as it's not really in their psyche.
>>
>>51018559
It's the same orks that are revived to fight again not spores, an dit's not his ream just a single world in the eye that's in essence a giant daemon.
>>
What's wrong with mixing special and heavy wepons?
>>
File: the ruinous powers.jpg (1MB, 3932x1522px) Image search: [Google]
the ruinous powers.jpg
1MB, 3932x1522px
Is there any scenario where selling your soul to a Chaos god is a good idea? Is it ever possible to be happy serving them in the long run?
>>
>>51018678
Special weapons generally don't have the long range of heavies, but if you move to get into range of the special then the heavy is snapfiring.
The only times you'd really want a special and heavy weapon in the same squad is if the heavy isn't actually the Heavy type (heavy flamers and to a lesser extent grav-faggotry) or if you're splitting the squad up with Marine combat squads.
>>
>>51018452

I'd give her a reason to appreciate those kneepads, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>51018694
Gav canons and plaz guns work well together as they both have the same distances.
>>
>>51018728
>don't move and the plasma only gets one shot
>move/into RF range and the grav fires fewer shots
Not really.
>>
>>51018425

I really like the green trim, which is Cult of Strife I think. Despite all reason, I feel the need to do a wych cult, personally.

>Tfw I missed the Shardstorm box
>>
>>51018521
Asdrubael Vect
>>
>>51018680
None of them represent happiness so they won't give you it.
>>
What terminator kit looks best with the Death guard conversion?

"Vanilla" CSM, Tartaros or Cataphractii?
>>
>>51018680
Nurgle and Khorne most.

Nurgle is all about being content with what is.
Khorneates are happy in battle and in death.

Slaaneshi are always chasing the next high or trying to find way to go even higher.

Tzeentch is the eternal ambition, to be happy with anything would slow do your race forward.
>>
File: The Lads.jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
The Lads.jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
So I took on some of the advice you guys gave me the other day regarding painting my marines, added some blue and tried to do some highlighting here and there.

The armour is meant to be silver with a greenish tinge to reflect warp magics, I also added a small blue glyph on their helmets as a ward of protection

Still have heaps of room for improvement, but overall pretty happy how they turned out.
Any more advice or feedback? Cheers
>>
>>51018797
>Nurgle
>Depression
>Khorne
>Always angry

doesn't sound happy to me anon.
>>
>>51018816
Nurgle is depression but also being content with what you have, even if thats a litural shit hole.
>>
File: Better Lads.png (894KB, 1200x433px) Image search: [Google]
Better Lads.png
894KB, 1200x433px
>>51018814
Just noticed I made the image massive, sorry here's a smaller/better one
>>
>>51018814
Shrink your images. Alright you did >>51018839 so that's fine.
Clean up those bases. You've got the white on your dudes and the coat(s) you've put on the bases aren't smooth at all. You might even consider removing them from their bases and reattaching once you've dealt with it.
The GK looking guy on the far left needs some stripping, it looks like his gun has lost a lot of detail.
>>
>>51018427
any sfm stuff from lefftanent?
>>
>>51018814
>>51018839

The glyphs are a bit on the fat and rough side.

The chest eagles and eyes needs more contrast to the rest.

Consider using black for the gun casing instead of green
>>
>>51018861
>>51018866
Cheers mates, I'll give the bases a bit more of an effort. Yeah I tried to go for a 'worn/battered' appearance for the GK but obviously it needs a little refinement

Black for the guns sounds like a good idea, I'll give that a shot. I'll try to make the glyphs/icons/eyes a bit more refined

Really appreciate the feedback
>>
File: file.png (157KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
157KB, 400x500px
>>51018839
>>51018866
>>
>>51018832
The reason nurgle smiles is because he is miserable to the point of insanity.
>>
>>51018839
Consider going over the glyphs twice or more to make them really stand out, and don't forget you can use some of your green to neaten them back up if you make a mistake.

You can do a super easy glowing effect on that psycannon by drybrushing the blue you want generously around the barrel, then using a lighter shade of blue to drybrush in a smaller area around the barrel, then a tiny bit of white for an even smaller area of the barrel.
Here's a good tutorial for it; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Im42vmG6zs
>>
>>51018900
Shit man that's spot on, cheers.

>>51018913
Thanks mate, I'll give that a shot and keep trying to get better with it. And I'll work on the Glyphs
>>
>>51018508
>Raiders have Dark Lances, Splinter racks, a bit more bulk and a larger capacity for your Kabalite squads. Venoms are just enough for your HQ and a Trueborn retinue, and have an ungodly amount of anti infantry firepower.

errr no
trueborn are 5 minimum and together with an archon they no longer fit inside the venom. The ungodly amount of infantry firepower is not all that strong either, especially when you compare to a Disintegrator on a raider (S5 Ap2 Heavy 3)
Especially against T3 models its frustrating as they are effectivly a S3 weapon due to poison

They are however much smaller and come with a 5++build in.
>>
>>51018750
>only get one shot
>less chance to overheat
Seems gud to me.

You know what would be a good combo?
Grav and volkite.
>>
>>51018976
>paying 15 points for a single s7 ap2 shot that you're not even going to be firing that much
>gud
>>
File: 20170104_050643.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_050643.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Painted more deathwatch terminators today. Just the space wolf and a not-deathwing inforgiven left.
>>
>>51018953
Oo-er, you're right about the capacity, I must have been thinking of Incubi retinues.

That said, it depends on what you're firing at. Disintegrators are delicious when you start attacking armoured infantry, but 2 splinter cannons with a few more on the deck are hilarious for flooding MCs with wounds.
>>
File: Death_Korps_of_Krieg_Medic.jpg (41KB, 654x534px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Korps_of_Krieg_Medic.jpg
41KB, 654x534px
Currently planning my final project for my media course, current plan is a 40k short fan film
Idea I'm spinning in my head is a lone krieg korpsman winds up stranded on a planet in the warp and faces his inner demons and an ancient evil
Want the film to be silent and more along the lines of an abstract arthouse film, probably biggest inspiration being the most recent death stranding trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Hy96sOnq8
if anyone can think of anything they'd like to see in this, imagery that you think would work or even which chaos gods daemon he might be facing let me know, its all a jumble of ideas at the moment so I'm open to anything
>>
If an IC joins an allied squad, what faction does the squad count as? Does it count as the IC's faction or the allied squad's cation?
>inb4 both

Could an Inquisitor begin the game riding with some Marines in their Rhino? Conversely, could an Archon invite a small Warlock Conclave to join him in his personal Venom pimpmobile?
>>
>>51019060
so long as they're battle brother you can attach any IC to any squad
>>
>>51019060
Not allowed to start in Battle Brothers Transports, this is covered in the FAQ.

What kind of rule are you dealing with? If you were using, for example, the Cronos Parasite Engine's Spirit Probe, only the Archon in your hypothetical Archon/Warlock Conclave would get a FNP boost, he is the only model with the Dark Eldar faction. In most cases it would be that rules would be forced to interact with these units on a model by model basis.
>>
File: Eldar - 500pts.jpg (82KB, 900x388px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 500pts.jpg
82KB, 900x388px
>>51018350
This a good place to start for 500pts?

Just picked up the 6th ed Eldar battleforce and a farseer and made this list with it.
>>
>>51019089
It's pretty solid yeah.

Be aware that you can only cast Witchfire powers when inside a transport if you attach the Farseer to the Dire Avengers.

Also remember that you can take wounds on the Guardian Squad using the Weapons Platforms toughness and armor. Otherwise you know, toughness 3 5+ is gonna die pretty fast.

Other than that as Eldar with the Bladestorm rule you can pretty much kill any heavily armored unit you would encounter at that point level, I can see that with your three Bright Lances you've got enough Anti-Tank as well as Anti-2+ Armor and you've got a nice mix of Armor Values and Toughness values.

So yeah, you should be pretty solid.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1065x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1065x765px
New SoB sketches.
>>
>>51019140
Cheers for the input! Plan on having a few low point games and seeing if I like the army before I expand.
>>
>>51018424
Dark eldar is a really powerful army of you don't read the section about morale in the rulebook
>>
>>51019073
This ruling is what I'm trying to make sense of friend.

>>51019087
Truth be told, all I want to do is have a Farseer buddied up with a Succubus and her Incubi bodyguards in her personal Venom.
Pic related says
>units that are Battle Brothers
but the BRB says
>While an Independent Character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes
so would the Farseer still be his own unit with the Craftworlds faction and be disallowed from starting the game embarked, or would he, per BRB, count as the unit with the Dark Eldar faction and be allowed in?
>>
>>51019140
I don't understand what you mean by that, when rolling to wound you always use majority toughness, then you can do armor rolls one by one.
>>
>>51019175
Shoot an email to GW or double check with your opponent before a game to see if they'd allow it. That's really the best you can do in grey areas like this.
>>
>>51019180
When shooting at a unit with artillery you use the artillery's toughness, no matter how many crewmen there are. I'm not certain if support platforms count as artillery though.
>>
>>51019212
You're thinking of support platforms (now called Vaul's Wrath to help set them apart), which are the fuckhuge platforms with massive weapons like vibrocannons, not the dinky Guardian heavy weapon platforms that carry brightlances and shit.

The latter is in a weird place ruleswise because it's an infantry model with special rules that make it artillery lite. For what it's worth, if his unit was knocked down to exactly two models, being one Guardian and the platform, all shots would be taken against the highest majority Toughness in the unit and the last Guardian would effectively be T5.
>>
File: Imagen 1.jpg (503KB, 1377x646px) Image search: [Google]
Imagen 1.jpg
503KB, 1377x646px
I want this.

I NEED THIS.
>>
>>51019264
Why?
>I actually have this.
>>
>>51019264
What were the command benefits again?
>>
>>51019264
>3 infantry squad
>4 transport
For what reason is this?
>>
What's up with Black Templars? Did something came out for them?
>>
>>51019335
There's 30 cadians, but split into two 15-man squads for some reason
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1894x1059px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1894x1059px
I want rules for this bastards.

WD battle report is shit I want stats, points, rules.

Where are the fucking leaks?
>>
>>51019335
PCS?
>>
>>51019335
So that you can leave one of them empty and play mindgames with your opponent as to what has what in it :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 400x489px
>>51019358
You fucker
>>
>>51019242
Not that guy, but I'm the one whose misconception started this.

Oh whoops, I thought it was an Artillery model. One of my recent opponents told me it was, but I immediately agreed because I thought that was how it worked as well. (For what it's worth it didn't end up changing anything, poison 4+ don't give a fuck about your multiple potential toughness values)

Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>51019350
From the battle report we know Celestine's sword is unchanged so it's likely her rules are literally the same aside from her bodyguards.

Cawl's rules have been at least partially leaked.

Calm your autism and wait literally ten days, assuming we don't get more comprehensive leaks before that.
>>
>>51019375
I want to know before the buying the shit. That's all.

After the IA burn I wish to know
>>
Tempestus Scions

Hellrain Brigade 1
Command Squad 4 Plasma, 145
Commissar, 25
Taurox Prime, Missle Launcher 100
Recycle Squad, 2 Melta, 90

Hellrain Brigade 2
Command Squad 4 Plasma, 145
Commissar, 25
Recycle Squad, 2 Melta, 90

CAD
Command Squad 4 Volley, 125
Command Squad 4 Melta, 125
Squad, 2 Melta 90
Squad, 2 Melta 90
Squad, 2 Plasma 100
Taurox Prime, Gatling 90
Squad, 2 Flamers 80
Taurox Prime, Gatling 90

Valkyrie, pod 135

1845 points.
>>
>>51019386
>IA burn
So, you're a Sisters player. In that case, you probably already own Celestine's old model. Therefore, the only question you should be asking yourself is, do you like the new model? Is it pretty? Do you want to buy it? Because you can already play her rules with the model you almost certainly currently own.

In either case, if you only give a shit about one or two out of the three models it's probably best to wait and pick up the one you want from Ebay for savings, unless you want to be first in and make a profit by selling off what you don't want to recoup what you spend on the box.
>>
anyone got the saint celestine rules image?
>>
>>51019175
I'd say it's well within RAI.

That FAQ is to stop you putting skitarii on their own in a drop pod. Not to stop a magus joining some marines in their drop pod.
>>
File: Space Marines - 500pts.jpg (114KB, 900x468px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 500pts.jpg
114KB, 900x468px
>>51019089
>>51019140
different anon here, is this ok for a friendly-ish 500 point store tournament? Don't think anyone's running anything too hardcore.
CT is Salamanders because green dragons are cool.
>>
>>51019358
kek, not this again please anon
>>
>>51019338
Anyone?
>>
>>51019469
Nothing has happened yet. But they are suppose to be siding with sister celestine and other SoB in the newest update coming called Fall of Cadia.
>>
File: Cult_of_the_Cursed_Blade.png (603KB, 815x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Cult_of_the_Cursed_Blade.png
603KB, 815x1046px
I know it's bad, but I can dream.

Wych Cult and Friends - 1500 points

CAD
Succubus
Armor of Misery
Glaive, Splinter Pistol

Bloodbrides x10
Hydra Gauntlet x3
Syren w/Agonizer + HWG
Raider w/NS

Wyches x9
Hydra Gauntlet
Hekatrix w/Agonizer + HWG
Raider w/NS + Sails

Wyches x5
Venom w/Canons

Wyches x5
Venom w/Canons

Reavers x3
Heat Lance
Caltrops

Reavers x3
Heat Lance
Caltrops

Reavers x3
Heat Lance
Caltrops

Purge Coterie

Archon
Blaster + WWP

Trueborn x5
Blaster x4
Raider w/NS + Lance

Reavers x3
Heat Lance
Caltrops
>>
>>51019456
I don't think you have enough anti-tank. You've got two melta shots and otherwise have to commit entire squads of shooty units to melee assault for a single krak attack, or pray for iron arm on the librarian, but neither of those things are particularly reliable or effective uses of your squads.

Pray nobody brings a Leman Russ.
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 2000pts(1).jpg (356KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 2000pts(1).jpg
356KB, 900x1357px
r8 me archons
>>
>>51019554
I've got a total of 4 melta shots, 2 of them master-crafted from the Librarian and Sternguard?
I see what you mean though.

Also would I be able to take the Tome of Vel'cona if I freed up some points? S9 Molten Beam is always nice.
>>
>>51018515
Use the list builder in OP - that's the new standard here
>>
>>51019493
>>51019628

Guys please, 9'' Str 6 Melta Guns are not worth it. Just use Blasters, you're using Reaver Jetbikes ffs, you basically get to pick which Armor facing you're going to shoot. Plus, you're straight up better at killing a wider variety of units.
>>
>>51019651

Fair. I'll swap. They're the same price.
>>
>>51019628
>3 mandrake squads
Stopped reading there
>>
>>51019651
A stunning number of people overestimate how good the Lance rule actually is. They just see "never better than AV12" and start salivating despite the fact that weapons with it usually possess balancing weaknesses.
>>
>>51019493
You know what you're getting into so I'm not going to judge on unit quality.
I personally feel that swapping around the unit sizes you're using for the Bloodbrides and Wychs, 5 man units of Bloodbrides in Venoms, 10 man unit of wychs in Raiders.

That's all my input. You're screwed against so many things it isn't funny.

Godspeed you mad bastard.
>>
What do you guys consider a "for fun", competitive, waac, waacfag and that guy list?
>>
>>51018451
I get the feeling they'll be involved in the next bit of the Gathering Storm, given how it looks like there's one of them leading a fuckload of Imperials into the webway in that one image.
>>
>>51018680
Sure if you have to live under an unelected tyrant who will kill you and your legion as soon as he doesn't need you anymore it's a good decision in 5/9 cases.
>>
>>51019678
Absolutely agree with you, against heavily armoured targets it does only give you a 50% chance to glance or better.

On the other hand, it doesn't justify taking heat lances over blasters when they're exactly the same cost. Heat Lances only become good at a 9'' range. Meanwhile Blasters maintain their much more effective range of 18''

Plus, despite the s6 rending on cluster caltrops Reaver Jetbikes shouldn't be charging anything higher than AV10, against which both the Blaster and Heat Lance are effective meaning the choice is moot when looking at those targets, however the Blaster becomes much more effective vs heavily armoured targets.

I just feel that the Blaster is more effective against the targets you want Reaver Jetbikes to be engaging and is all around better in more situation against unconventional targets than the heat lance.

And I just realised you were agreeing with me and im going to post this anyway because i spent way too much time typing.
>>
>>51019628
I respect your choices even if I disagree with them.
I don't really see the point of two Succubus HQs and would really like one of them to take the armor of misery. Possibly delete one Succubus then upgrade the 8 man wych unit with a Hekatrix w/ Agoniser and use some of the spare points to give your Arena Champions Agonisers as well, remember you're only strength 3 Eldar, Poison 4+ is 100% worth it.
>>
>>51018680
Slaaneshi daemon princes must have it pretty good
>>
Today is my birthday. Only half of the people forgot about it!

Can I have some Waac SoB lists?
>>
Anyone want to start a pool on:

1. when Imperial Agents will get FAQ'ed?
2. what hilarious new problems will the patches cause?
>>
File: 60mm.jpg (121KB, 576x396px) Image search: [Google]
60mm.jpg
121KB, 576x396px
>>51019923

1. Happy Birthday! I hope you go out, get drunk, and get laid.
2. Pic related
>>
How would I go about killing riptides with a CSM army? Probably death guard.
>>
>>51019945
What IA needed was decurions that let you combine the factions found within
>>
>>51019923
Jacobus or Celestine

5 girl BSS with HF in a TLMMolator is your basic troops choice so take 2-3 of those

4 melta Dominions in Immo/TLMMolator for FA unless you want to use Seraphim to roll with Celestine

3 Exorcists

That's a good starting point.
Happy birthday I hope yours is better than my last one was m8
>>
>>51019923
As many cheap heavy flamers, immolators, exorcists, and avenger strike fighters as you can fit into your points.
>>
>>51019971

It needed a lot of things (Rhino Repressor, y u no call me, boi?), but I'll settle for transports that can carry people.
>>
Building some assault marines (with jetpacks, instead of drop pods) and havering over how to kit them out.

I want to give one of them the eviscerator, is it worth dropping a fist on the sergeant as well, or just give him Melta bombs?
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 2000pts.jpg (356KB, 900x1310px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 2000pts.jpg
356KB, 900x1310px
>>51019771
This is my normal list. Or other similar variations involving harlequin allies for a laugh.

This list itself is super effective in my local meta and I make pretty much zero modification to it in nearly 3 years.
>>
>>51019985
Oh I already got 4 Immolator, 2 Repressors, 1 Exorcist (used to have 3, no idea where the other 2 went)
6 Penitent engines

2 melta Dominion squads, 1 HB Retribution squad full size
4 MSU Battle Sister squads

But transports and Exorcist are always welcome

Also 2 chimeras and Valk due to old Psybolt fun
>>
>>51019923
Happy birthday anon. even though we can act like a bunch of cunts sometimes, we as a community love you.
>>
>>51020000
Checked.
Assault Marines aren't that great of a unit so I only took them in casual lists (I say took because I forced myself to stop playing Marines) but I actually had good results putting the eviscerator on the sarge himself. Then upgrade him to a veteran for +1 attacks to make the most of his chainfist-lite.
>>
>>51019923

2CADs split
Celestine and Canoness.

4 Barebone BSS

4Squads Dominion quad melta
Combi melta superior
Combi melta priest.
Repressor

4 Excorsists
1 Avenger Strike fighter.
>>
>>51020058
I'm pretty casual desu, I probably spend an order of magnitude more time on painting than on playing.

I'll stick with that then. The full unit of chainswords should be pretty cool, I'm planning to hazard stripe the swords for that 3rd ed aesthetic.
>>
>>51018380
>>51018424
What is a good first army if you don't want to go with space marines?
>>
/tg/, I'm sick and can't get to my rulebooks. And phone posting from my bed, so can't use links in OP. Can someone tell me whether or not a Chaos IC with Mark of X can join a unit with Mark of Y?
>>
>>51020058
>but I actually had good results putting the eviscerator on the sarge himself. Then upgrade him to a veteran for +1 attacks to make the most of his chainfist-lite.

I'm surprised you didn't lose him to challenges all the time. Putting unwieldy weapons on a character without a 2+ save or multiple wounds is a death sentence in my experience.
>>
>>51020170
Sounds awesome dude. I love me some retro Marines.

>>51020218
It probably helps that my usual opponents were Guard, Tau, Eldar, and later Skitarii. Where there were characters, nine times out of ten they couldn't fight worth a shit and/or were absolutely terrified of a power fist.
>>
>>51019923
Ministorum Delegation - 205 points
Priest Plasma Gun
4X Celestine Multimelta + Power Maul.
1 Hospitalier.

9 of these gives you 1845 points.
9 Plasma guns
36 Multimeltas
FnP
WARHYMNS
>>
File: verjil.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
verjil.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
>>51020238
>4X Celestine
>>
>>51020256
I think he meant Celestians

My personal favourite is the dual wielding Combi-plasma + flamer
>>
>>51020238
>36 multimeltas
dies to 1 flyrant
>>
File: 1449421223799.png (248KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449421223799.png
248KB, 900x720px
>>51020238
36 multi-meltas is really a waste of points unless you are for some reason actually indulging the meme and shooting at Flyrants.
Power mauls are decent but still iffy on a T3 I3 unit. If anything they would use axes better. It goes without saying that they are far too expensive of a unit.
>footslogging Sisters ever
>footslogging assault Sisters

It's almost like you're trying to troll Anon on his birthday, or something.
>>
Thread dead this morning it seems
>>
>>51020202
Necrons are a solid bet. No psychic phase so you can ease into that, incredibly easy units to paint/play with little complex upgrading, straightforward rules throughout the codex, and they're tanky like few others so you won't get that beginner's annoyance of just buying units only to see them destroyed.

Download their codex and read through it, the rules are retardedly simple.
>>
>>51020354
You won't get responses unless you post a shit list. Because people want to laugh at your (faux)badness and not critique something that might actually kill them.
>>
Have tyranids ever canonically suffered something like a peril?
>>
File: IMG_1247.jpg (280KB, 900x1226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
280KB, 900x1226px
>>51020322
The bastion is there because no idea what else too put and run out of metal boxes.

Rhinos are Repressors. Got a Valk and two chimeras. Enough shit to fill almost anything in the old Inquisition codex
>>
>>51019156
Oh don't worry.

As a daemon player I never had to bother reading that either. :^)))
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg (157KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg
157KB, 900x1001px
>>51019923
Here you go anon
>>
>>51018680
You can't sell your soul to Khoou have to impress him to be part of the cool kids club.
>>
>>51020468
I was hoping for this to show up
>>
>>51020468
Holy shit you cant even do a cheesy list as a troll.

My War Convocation would ruin that.
>>
>>51020481
Dont worry anon i got your back
>>
>>51020468
>1 multi-melta
>no iontides
>target locks on single-model unit
>warlock
>no skathach
2/10 would bend over and fucking rape with my fluffy Inquisition list featuring Triptide and shittons of Warp Spiders (it's Ordo Xenos)
>>
>>51020484
Make a better SoB waacfag list. This is today challenge. 1850? Not sure what is the tournaments points.

Go full waac with SoB.

Hard mode: 75% of the points must be from the SoB faction

God mode: 100% SoB
>>
>>51020492
would you be suprised to know that i dont understand what makes eldar and tau WAAC?
>>
>>51019457
So why does this trigger people so badly? It seems like a fairly innocuous rules interpretation.
>>
>>51020514
I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know how wheels work.
>>
>>51020515
Some anon got massively buttblasted about this and argued like mad because he didn"t want to tell his opponent if there's something in his transports or not.

Tl;dr: sperg's been sperging.
>>
>>51020518
That hurts anon :(
>>
>>51020545
No, that anon was saying he liked being able to bluff people and be bluffed by people.
I still don't get why that triggered you so much.
>>
>>51020557
Nah it was sperging hard. When people told him to just ask before hand if people agree to that. He continue to bitch and moan about.
>>
>>51020557
>he'll literally appear out of nowhere to correct why he was analfrustrated to the point that his bitching subsumed about three whole threads
>>
>>51020557
It triggers people so much because anon argued that he shouldn't be required to say whats in transports because it doesn't say in the rules. But its just common courtesy to tell your opponent what your list is before you play them.
>>
>>51020545
I feel like the only legit way to do this is if you write down what's in your transports at the start of the game unambiguously, and your opponent gets to check it at the end.
>>
>>51020574
As an independent observer, there was a calm side, and a sperging side, and the calm side was the hidden info guy.

People were getting unreasonably triggered, and it was kind of hilarious. Maybe he was just trolling.
>>
>>51020557
But if you refuse to tell people what's in your transport how do they know you're not cheating?

If I could buy three rhinos and one melta squad I could simply be able to say they're in the one that just happens to make it to his front line.
>>
>>51020593
That's basically what was being argued, except you could also check when the units disembarked. Nobody wanted cheating.
>>
>>51020608

See >>51020593
>>
>>51020608
See. Same way any secrets are handled.
>>51020593
>>51020622
>>
>>51018496
Well they all are murderous straight up melee fags that take pride in martial prowess and hate psykers.
>>
>>51020622
I suppose you could have a piece of paper for each transport, and that would fix it without any further bluff information being lost when disembarking. All seems legit to me, if somewhat tactical genius wannabe.
>>
Nth for eldar did nothing wrong, long live Commorragh
>>
>>51020649
Or just tell people instead of spergin about your bluff and poker (yes someone try equate poker with 40k)
>>
>>51020689
>someone try equate poker with 40k

What, throwing shitloads of money into a hobby full of spergs who love statistics? Perish the thought.
>>
File: IMG_5101.png (219KB, 867x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5101.png
219KB, 867x1200px
Pls tell me where this list is weak frens.
>>
>>51020695
Beside throwing money with sperging people. The similarities end there
>>
>>51020713
Often played in the garages of middle aged men whose wives disapprove.
>>
I say again you're welcome to cheat and play shell games but expect me to similarly cheat and bring a couple extra renegade knights and a dozen extra MoN obliterators
>>
>>51020722
Also the guy bitching was using diapers.

Maybe he confuse poker with 40k
>>
>>51020724
Nobody is advocating cheating anon.
>>
I demand we stop this argument before it even begins
>>
>>51020737
Iirc, diaper guy was the one saying hidden information was against the spirit of 40k. Which makes sense considering "spirit of _______" in every other hobby.
>>
>>51020746
The argument stopped a while ago anon.

Now is the time for the argument about that argument. Do what you like /tg/, I need to go cook a meal for my folks.
>>
>>51020746
I think we should focus on >>51020511
>>
>>51020701
>1 chaos spawn
>>
>>51018680
I'm planning to write a story about Slaanesh
>implying some people conciously give their souls
>>
>>51020740
>lying about what are inside transports
>not cheating
>>
>>51020767
I've been seeing lots of one off spawns as point fillers since chaos has shitty point values to try and fill out lists, it's ok to have the one off
>>
>>51020778
I'd rather spend the point on upgrades, most of the 'one spawn's are just to fill out the decurion in low points limits.
>>
>>51020778
>>51020767
The one spawn is used as the lowest possible warband tax in a legion specific decurion. You don't take it off you're already taking other auxillary formations. Instead, spend the points on upgrades or useful models.
>>
So much of the CSM resin minis are out of stock cant tell if they just haven't made more or that they are going to get plastic release.
>>
>>51020740
>>51020724
>Playing Chaos
>Not just taking extra shit, free marks, havoc launchers, spell familiars, sprinkling bonus cultists around every unit, etc. no matter what

Can't call me out on it since writing a list is against the spirit of the game :^)
>>
>>51019328
infantry gets obj sec and stubborn. tanks and BB gets twin-linked. Valk with obligatory scions auto arrive and doesnt scatter within 12 of sentinels. All in all, not too shabby, but don't expect to bring anything other than this formation in an army.
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1850pts.jpg (365KB, 900x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1850pts.jpg
365KB, 900x1454px
>>51020511
>>51020762
>not calling it Emperor mode
>>
>>51020847
>Implying the Emperor is not a god

But I get your point
>>
>>51020847
how does this beat any tourney lists? 0/10 would not take to a tournament
>>
>>51020847
That's 100% from imperial agents, not sob ;*)
>>
>black templars finally return to the fluff
>they now work with psykers
>they now work with xenos
>they now retreat
t-thank GW
>>
>>51020869
well when you dont even number 1000 members you gotta preserve that geneseed some how
>>
>>51018409
Grav squad might do better in a pod. You've only got 9" range with the gun if you move, so you need to get right up in there.

Also, never grav pistols. Emperor's Champ>captain any day.
>>
>>51020876
>well when you dont even number 1000 members you gotta preserve that geneseed some how
Source?
>>
File: loyal tantrum.gif (418KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
loyal tantrum.gif
418KB, 480x270px
>>51020869
It hurts
>>
>>51020701
You can only take 2 special weapon on chaos marines if they are 10+ models in the unit brah
>>
>>51020865
>SoB is not and was never in that meme listbuilder, otherwise I would have taken Celestine and some Seraphim.

>>51020862
It won't, but it's the best SoB really have.
>fast-moving MSU that can burn a horde off an objective
>Scout meltas to kill vehicles/MC (Sisters don't have plasma except in an overcosted command squad or even more overcosted priests)
>4d6 AP1 krak missiles for MCs/GCs
>they have Precision Shots for deathstars
>>
File: 100_1505.jpg (589KB, 2832x2128px) Image search: [Google]
100_1505.jpg
589KB, 2832x2128px
Hey guys, thanks for all the help and advice. I finally started getting miniatures together and this is the first guy I've painted.
>>
>>51020701
Oh, and you need another unit of cultist for lost and the damned to be legal
>>
thoughts?
>>
>>51018728
Melta is better.

Immobilize with cannon, and even if you glance you get 2 HP off.
>>
>>51020908
Give the melta chosen plasma guns. you have enough melta with the havoks
>>
>>51020890
I mean i dont know if they number less than 1000 as that is something i heard second hand but i do know they now only number 1000 at most
>>
>>51019264
Does it really save much or why you want it ?

As a formation its expensive (points) and you still lack AA.
>>
File: gj.jpg (992KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
gj.jpg
992KB, 1125x1125px
>>51020904
Looking good. Are you following Saint Duncan's guides Anon? It's how I got my shit together pantingwise.
Remember to always thin.
>>
>>51020737
diaper guy here, i made 2 posts in that thread and that was it, i wasnt the guy who was arguing it was against the spirit of the game

the guy was trying to say that because people he play are bad hygiene then that means he can use his special rules literally no one else does, so i called him a turbo autist
>>
>>51020920
....who have plasmas
>>
>>51020932
I religiously watched pretty much every video. Every time I made a mistake I could hear him saying "don't worry about it, we can clean it up later. Remember to put on two thin coats."
>>
>>51020701
Lost and the damned is illegal pretty sure it's 4 cultist squads

Fist of the gods is kind of shit in general but i understand having no other way to fit vehicles in besides a CAD. That warpsmith is gonna be near useless and his mark does nothing but what can you do. .

Chaos Lord should upgrade to a lightning claw, no reason to swing a power sword when you don't have a bolt pistol.

And finally it seems to be EC but with no Noise marines, and it's not really combat themed, so you're wasting a lot of your Legion tactics and initiative 5 everywhere.
>>
>>51020922
They don't follow the Codex though, it is said they recruit as frequently as the World Eaters did (which was a lot because of high casualties) so they're probably 3 or 4 chapters strong.
>>
>>51020977
They got nerfed in a recent book.

For some reason
>>
I've gone a year or so without playing (last played just after the new Eldar codex came out), used to play Eldar but I lost interest once my army became instant cheese and people started refusing to play against me.

I picked up some Skitarii a while ago but I never got around to even assembling them, how viable/fun are Skitarii in actual games? I never liked how they didn't have their own HQ but I have a techpriest dominus so I guess I would combine them with cult mechanicus assuming there's no combined AdMech book by now.

So far I only have the techpriest, 30 skitarii and 2 of those crawlers so I need something flashy to add to my blob of troops.
>>
>>51020928
It saves like 30 dollars.
>>
>>51020977
they haven't been many since like 4th edition, they're a dying crusading chapter
>>
>>51020977
They're meming you over some recent blurb that called them out as being at 1100 or something, which pretty much puts them on par with most other chapters.

Needless to say, it's really stupid fluff that should just be ignored, because it was clearly made by someone who has no clue what's what.
>>
>By their doctrine, the Black Templars abhor the traitor, the alien and the mutant. The last category includes psykers, with the result that the Black Templars are one of the few Space Marine Chapters that exclude Librarians, seeing them as a potential source of corruption in the midst of battle.

welp, rip black templars, you've given up all you stand for
>>
>>51021012
>>51021036
>>51021042
>>51021054
So basically this was the final blow in a long series of nerfs and retcons designed to turn them into an average chapter?

They should've just squatted them IMO. Black Templars were the only loyalist chapter I liked, hate to see them like this.
>>
Man BT are even more fuckered than any other chapter

In Eternal Crusader they were stated to be codex compliant, and codex supplement angels of death confirms they're still divided into crusades

given that the crusade in angels of death was like 500 space marines that means there's two crusades of black templars

what a hot meme
>>
>>51021098
This happens when the designers are not above the average neckbeard mentality.

None in the studio, I suppose, currently plays them, and their differences triggered someone's autism.

So they chipped it away step by step.
>>
>>51021098
it's ok, codex space marines did squat them, they haven't hit the tabletop in years
>>
>>51020977
Except fluff blurb had High Marshal STATE they're was less than a thousand Marines.
>>
File: Harlequins - 1850pts.jpg (224KB, 900x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Harlequins - 1850pts.jpg
224KB, 900x1129px
going to try this list this Friday, what do you think?
>>
I'm going to my local GW and I'm going to come back with a pile of tyranids.

Don't try and stop me.
>>
>>51021198
Stealing is wrong anon.
What nids are you getting?
>>
File: 1378513848153.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1378513848153.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>51021198
I started with my buggies when I was in middle school and I still watch over them like the loving hive mind I am

I will always watch over them... even my old carnifex that used to be the apple of my eye...

My brood lord that I used as an HQ because I didn't like how big hive tyrants were..

One day, Tyranids will be back
>>
>>51021198
that's good anon nobody wants to play such a shitty army anyways so they would never sell
>>
File: 1467018894147.jpg (173KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467018894147.jpg
173KB, 674x960px
>>51021033
So getting it all from wayland or other webstore would get you better savings, but you dont get the PDF with the rules ?
>>
>>51021127
>>51021147
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>51021223
Pretty much. But you can easily get the pdf offline and no ones going to tell you to fucking source your formation hopefully.
>>
>>51021235
online*
>>
>>51021223
>wayland

Not that guy but at least GW deliver your stuff on time, I'm sick of waiting for Wayland.
>>
>>51021230
gw already fucked your shit up
>>
>>51021220
Tyranids are back anon, as an allied detachment for genestealers!
>>
>>51021322
>says he doesn't like hive tyrants

>you suggest he run 6 flyrants with spores for troop tax and GSC allies for objective cappers

that's just cruel
>>
>>51021333
I mean people constantly tell me to make my hive tyrant a flyrant even though my filename even says i dont like flyrants
>>
>>51020946
Not according to that list they dont
>>
>>51021209
I'm going to build an army that consists entirely of units available in second edition and job on purpose.
>>
>>51021353
If you posted the anime girl, it didn't have an intelligible file name.
>>
File: I Dont like Flyrants.jpg (182KB, 900x979px) Image search: [Google]
I Dont like Flyrants.jpg
182KB, 900x979px
>>51021398
I mean this is it
>>
>>51021182
why double up on the overcosted stealth suits when you can add a second ghostkeel? you get 2 counter measures then
>>
>>51021220
Just run some dimachaerons you nigger. And Malanthropes.
>>
>>51020202
>>51020378
I'd say Farsight Tau (lots of XV8s) are also a good first army. Not much to paint, jump-shoot-jumping is easy to learn and individual models can tank anything short of a missile launcher.

The only bad thing is that XV8s really benefit from being magnetised which is tricky for someone new to modelling AND the game.
>>
>>51021414

that would be the better choice indeed, but i only have 1 ghostkeel sadly....
>>
>>51021436
Both shit, shit looking, and expensive as fuck FW trash.

Nids need a book not garbage crutches that don't even help
>>
>>51021407
why the tyrant has no wings?
>>
>>51021459
anon pls
>>
>>51021457
>shit looking
>malanthrope

Okay.
>>
Guys my nids are coming today im hyped
>>
Why do people think Tyranids are bad? They're pretty much Orks +1.
>>
>>51021464
what? is the best way to run them
>>51021475
it will end soon
>>
>>51021482
Okay, Orks are 0. Other armies are 2.

Tyranids then equal 1, but not 2.
>>
>>51021487
Yea but flyrants look stupid
>>
>>51021465
The malanthrope isn't expensive, but it does look like total shit.
>>
Is the only way to beat Orks not to fight them? Could a civilization of clones of ghandi best the green skins?
>>
File: Kryten1.jpg (71KB, 703x520px) Image search: [Google]
Kryten1.jpg
71KB, 703x520px
>>51021482
>They are pretty much [Worst army in the game by far] but slightly better guise!
>How could this possibly suck???
>>
>>51021447
fair enough

in that case i would honestly drop the CFDS on all stealth suits, drop down to 2 BC suits each, lose all the drones

so you have 2 markerlight shasvre with fusion blaster and 4 burst cannons

this saves you 148 points

now you can turn your skyweavers into 1x haywire 2x shurikan cannon all with zephyr glaives, and still have points to spare, alternatively you can add a 3rd unit of what you have now

more skyweavers will serve you far more than drones and a 4th suit in the stealths
>>
>>51021533
We need a normie to show up now and talk about how orks are fine because Stompas are the best superheavies in the game by far while totally ignoring their points cost.
>>
>>51021533
>orks
>worse army in the game
Somebody forgot SoB.
>>
>>51021513
We can all have our opinions. Regardless, I know quite a few people who love the model, and it's better than venomthropes on the table.

nids do need an update though
>>
>>51021568
>stompas
>best superheavy
someone is forgetting the lord of skulls
>>
>>51021568
At my GW, an ork player brought 2 of the old fw stompas and he ran the fw ork list. The one with all the deffdreads. This was for a league

He fucked the resident demon 2++rerolling invul fag so hard that he exclusively plays AOS now.
>>
>>51021571
>Sisterfag still clinging to his hipster sympathy

How does it feel knowing SoB will be mainstream soon
>>
>>51019140
You need a fire point on the vehicle to use witchfires, the wave serpent has none.
>>
Should i start daemons of nurgle yay or nay?
>>
>>51021571
SoB are not Ork or nid level bad.

They are mediocre or mid tier MSU mono list for years bad.

Like the variance comes from having Seraphims, more or les Dominions and number of Battle Sister Squad.

Or the big one assuming single CAD 3 exorcist or 2 Exorcist and 1 Retribution squad.

Basically the same MSU build for years.
>>
>>51020799
I like 3-man Spawn units as a bodyguard for a Bike Lord or otherwise.

Iron Warriors are pretty fun if all you want is to run a maxed out warband, as you can take a Munitorium Armored Crate as your auxiliary and call it a day. Cram in more Autohavocs or so, and let them re-roll 1s to-hit.
>>
>>51021578
I don't like the texture that it has on its tail, its exceptionally derpy forelimbs, which seem to be even gimpier than those on a zoanthrope and it's general "ragged" appearance. If it wasn't for those particular things I think it would be a great model. As it is I don't think it fits well with the other nid models.

Really I think Toxicrenes should have spore cloud. Then they'd actually be useful.
>>
>this BT butthurt
Space Marines and Dark Eldar are Come the Acpocalpyse allies.
The apocalypse has come.
:^)))))

>>51021571
You don't even play Sisters, nigger.
>>
>>51021687
>Space Marines and Dark Eldar are Come the Apocalypse allies.
>Grey Knights and Daemons are Come the Apocalypse allies.
>Sisters of Battle and Tyranids are Come the Apocalypse allies.
>>
>>51021554

thanks for the advice, i think this will be a fun list to play with those changes.

though for now i am stuck with this set-up sadly as these are all the clowns i have (that's why the tau are in there, to round out the list).

although i think 1 more box of bikes should not be a great expense to make this a better list for the future, thanks Anon!
>>
>>51021724
SoB and nid teaming up to fight chaos when?
>>
>>51021741
Black Library novel about this when
>>
>>51021741
Can we just admit no one likes chaos and squat the faction already.

Leave demons those are cool
>>
>>51021741
wait i just realized that putting women near tentacles is a bad idea so maybe they shouldn't team up.
>>
>>51021781
Chaos is the only way to play Space Marines without having to choke on your own vomit.

So only if we can squat space Marines too.
>>
>>51021612
Do stompas even have D weapons?
Your story sounds like complete fiction.
>>
>>51021781
>I think elves in space, xenomorphs, DOOM enemies, and a bunch of rowdy football hooligans are the best and most interesting villains.
>>
>>51021627
Sure m8
>>
>>51021800
Stomps. Roll a six and anything goes away.
>>
>>51021798
Sure squat Marines too!

Jokes aside I just wish Marines didn't werent like 1/3 of the armies sold. Maybe 2/3 if we add 30k
>>
>>51021644
The real question I'm imagining is: What could be done to realistically give them more variance as an army? They have a very small number of units (like Genestealer Cults), but unlike the Cult, they have a *lot* of overlap between their units. Command Squads, Celestians, and Dominions all ultimately fall into "special weapons" delivery, making Dominions the obvious best choice due to Scout and Ignore Cover.

Pistols either need to be 5 points cheaper, or usable in melee (or even both?). 30 points to give a Seraphim 2 Inferno Pistols is absurd. Repressors are a given of course.

But what then? Do Sisters need a "fast tank" to fill the role of the old 3e Immolator? Like a Sister analogue to a Baal Pred?

One other thing I was contemplating is if Sisters could use a "big unit" or so. I imagine if they were to get one, it would be a "heavy walker", something "in between" Karamazov's Throne of Judgement and a Dreadknight. It would have Powerfists with underslung Heavy Flamer or Meltaguns, but could also take a shoulder-mounted Inferno Cannon, Melta Cannon, or Avenger Mega-Bolter.

Celestians could get improved BS/other effects from improved targeting in their Sabbat-Pattern Helms, etc.

Spitballing, but the Sisters are mono-dimensional and the challenge is giving them more variety while keeping their "Bolter/Flamer/Melta" shtick intact.
>>
>>51021363
read again
>>
>>51021819
Okay next question how does one even play Daemons of nurgle they seem to be rather lack luster
>>
>>51020945
>diaper guy
WTF explain.
>>
>>51021794
Shhhh. Let it happen.

>Or if you want we can put Sisters of Battle with Genestealer Cults :^]
>>
>>51021833
Sisters need a flying assault transport, which seraphims can jump out of after zooming, if they take a dangerous terrain test.

For a faction with a heavy angel theme, they sure lack the ability to fly.
>>
>>51021833
I think a big thing is just a matter of more unit variety with more variance within those three weapon types.

For example, Sisters with Jetpacks and Stalker Boltguns to serve as snipers, or sisters on bikes with meltabomb lances for armourbane Hammer of Wrath.
>>
>>51021845
Plague Drones + Icon
>Calvary Jetpack
>Move 12" + Jet Move 2d6"
>DS Great Unclean One on scatterless 6"

>>51021800
Their melee is S-D.
>>
>>51021833
Simple. Fix that could be done in a patch like thing.

AoF work like Psyker powers. Each AoF that can be cast.
Maybe each SoB faction unit gives one AoF charge.
Every time an AoF is use it cost the double or 1 more to cast.

Make Everyhting move through cover. SoB are basically urban fighters.

Celestians? Make them melee like actual melee. Sv2+ and a storm shield along with a +2S AP3 blade or some shit. Give them at least I4, with better iniciative by AoF or some shit.

Given them Pistol Fu. So they can use thier bloody pistol in melee.

Focus on giving miracale bullshit that you can't reliably use but kind of broken if they work

Make Peniten Engine not shit.
>>
>>51021845
Play AoS
:^)
>>
>>51021814
>I think edgelords with daddy issues are cool enemies
CSM are trash.
>>
>>51021821
>>51021845
And how did you get a flying daemon with a rerollable 2++ save in melee combat?

That guy sounds like an idiot if he let that happen to him.
>>
>>51021978
Screamer-star, DP's didn't get the reroll.

And yes, he was an idiot.
>>
So i have a problem getting a fine tip on my brush to stay. it like right after i brush once it immediately flattens out what do?
>>
>>51021978
>flying daemon with a rerollable 2++ save in melee combat?
Not him, but no one said it was a flying Daemon. Could've been a Screamerstar.

Also for the most part, I only find Fateweaver (or Magnus) worth keeping in flying psychic shooty units.
As 2++ rerollable Lord of Changes / Daemon Princes are better in melee as they're at least S8.
>>
>>51022008
All Tzeentch daemons get the reroll unless you're telling me he's playing mixed god.

Honestly he sounds less and less WAAC the more you describe him or at least a huge slowpoke, screamer star was old-hat months ago.
>>
Would a Wall of Martyrs Bunker with an escape hatch be a good way to help my Marines be more survivable while getting them across the table faster? What if I add a Geokinesis psyker to move it around?
>>
>>51022049
Screamerstar is outdated, it's not even that cheesy anymore.
Just a bunch of strength 5 attacks that rely on you not rolling a 1 or 2 or you're fucked.

Lord of changes and daemon princes are where it's at.
>>
>>51022037
get a new brush
>>
>>51021856
Sometimes grown anons need diapers. Poor guy probably has a medical problem.
>>
>>51022097
Didn't say it wasn't out of date... but according to Anork it WAS a Screamerstar
See
>>51022008

Still, charging a 300-400pt MC vs a SH that has D/Stomp is a bad choice. Especially since they won't be able to kill the stompa before getting slapped back.
>>
>>51022112
I was afraid that was the advice
>>
>>51021407
that's a really bad list though
>>
>>51021504
I disagree, I think the tyrants look dumber walking forwards and getting shot to death

it's much cooler imagining them swooping around shooting everything to death
>>
>>51022037
get a new brush and take care of it
>>
>>51021897
I remember reading there are a lot of minor Orders in the Sisters. We already have Famulous, Dialogous and Hospitaller sisters, but smaller "Elite" orders within the Sisters would also round things out.

The two orders in particular which are mentioned bit could be expanded on IMO are the Sisters Sabine ("infiltrators/agents" meant to bring a world to the Emperor's light through sabotaging false relics, assassinating apostates, etc. Basically "Sisters of Terrorism"), and the Sisters Madrigal (those that lead the rest of the faithful in song, hymns, etc. Basically would be a "support-piece" that could improve the effects of Acts of Faith, or recycle them or so).

Maybe add a Sister Planixium as the "analogue" of a Techpriest, only she focuses on annointing/blessing wargear rather than on repairs/bringing fancy archaeotech.
>>
>>51022137
You could try rolling big with a buffed up SKULLthirster if it much be melee combat but Tzeentch daemons get strength D shooting attacks now, which fateweaver knows by default, so you can just have a swarm of giant flying daemons zooming around giving everything the D.

Screamerstar really isn't that good anymore.
>>
File: Blood Angels - 1505pts.jpg (219KB, 900x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 1505pts.jpg
219KB, 900x1145px
I could really use some help constructing a Blood Angels list. I'm new, so I don't really know how good things are, but I like the look of the Archangels Orbital Intervention Force. My problem is that I can't get the Battle Demi-company to look threatening at all. Would it be better to pick the Archangels demi-company as my core?

Pods are for the Dreadnaught and the Flamer and Melta Tactical squads.
>>
Does the Tau drone net give the BS increase to FW remora flight drones? Is there any definitive answer one way or the other, or is it really up to player discretion
>>
>>51022166
to each there own i guess i like the idea of a giant creature rampaging forth on its legs and swiping at everything in its path.

>>51022152
bad how. I think its nice and swarmy which is how i want to run my nids.
>>
>>51018839

If you're serious about the glyphs, get an appropriately colored micron pen and do them. I wouldn't attempt freehand as a beginner.

Also, to get a greenish silver: basecoat the model in a DARKER metal (I use vallejo gunmetal), highlight in Steel, extreme highlight in silver. Don't go silver right out the gate, your shading will look terrible.

After it's all silver, GENTLY wash it with some kind of green. It looks like you tried to either altnerate painting silver and green there, or you just went nuts with some kind of wash.

Also, think your paints.

You chose a very ambitious project for what appears to be your first go around. It'll look cool when you master it.
>>
>>51022183
Expanding upon options for various other orders would help as well. Even now the only way to get a Hospitaller is in the command squad.

That may just be my desire for a Hospitaller Living Saint that rezzes other people talking though.
>>
File: 1476486078132.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1476486078132.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>51018350
>find a game on TTS
>I have a rather normal Death Guard List at 1850
Renegade Knight with Two Avengers
Daemon Prince with PA, Pandemic Staff, and Wnyz
Squad of Bikes
2 Chaos Marine squads
2 Havoc Squads
>dude says his list is "kinda cheesy"
>pulls out a Brass Scorpion and 8 Soulgrinds
>tell him to fuck off
>he swaps the scorpion with a slaughter cult

>dude barely knows the rules
>has a creepy voice
>jokes that he's really depressed
>says that taking 8 Soulgrinders means that he's good at making lists

>spend the game rolling up the flank with the knight killing all 8 soulgrinders one by one
>quietly complains that it'd be fairer if he had a brass scorpion
>mfw
>>
>>51022278
You both sound quite horrible, tbqh
>>
>>51022278
>complains about other people's cheese when he has a 2 Avenger knight

ok
>>
>>51022278
>playing a filth list
>refuse to face other filth lists

you're a cunt
>>
File: pack of brushes.jpg (9KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
pack of brushes.jpg
9KB, 350x350px
>>51022144
just a brush, i got at least 14 lying around to use, 5 new and the rest are used.
>>
>>51022302
>can only soulgrinders on 6's with rending
>cheese
most of them died to the knight kicking them
>>
>>51022320
yea but that means i got to go a town over to buy a new brush
>>
>>51022302
Is a 2 Avenger Knight that cheesy? It really doesn't seem that bad compared to the rest of the Knights. Besides, the Castigator exists and has an even better gun with more shots(?) than an Avenger.

Fuck, if I had to pick the cheesiest Knight and the Porphyrion was off the table for being a Titan in everything but name, I'd go with the Acheron anyway.

Or are you one of those Ork players that calls any Knight cheese?
>>
>>51022278
How is TTS for 40k?
I'd love to testplay a few lists
>>
>>51022351

>Ork players that calls any Knight cheese

Did they forget they had access to the Chaos Knight or something?
>>
>>51022302
>Not liking DAKKA
>>
>>51022351
Well GC, SH, flayers and formations in non apocalypse games are kind of cheesy

But I'm an old guy so changes are scary
>>
>>51022376
you can accidentally roll your squads as dice
11/9 would rage again and again and again and a gain
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>51022423
>>
File: 1475230836356.png (111KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475230836356.png
111KB, 625x626px
>>51022278
>kinda cheesy
>greater brass scorpion
>you have a renegade
>>
>>51022209
no
>>
What are the best ways to build renegade knights? What is the TOP CHEESE
>>
>>51022376
It's a lot of fun. It's fully of cheeselords though. Game before 8 soulgrinders, I fought a dude running a thunderwolf deathstar with the Rune Priests casting Veil of Time on Stormshields.
>>
>>51022376
It's shit, most of the files have been taken down
>>
So do we know what's up with the Valkyries and their formation in IA yet, or did everyone forget about them when they got caught up in the Sisters bitching?
Anyone emailed GW on it?
>>
>>51021028
Run the Skitarii as Vanguard, naked is best desu, if you have the points an omnispex on the unit and power sword on the Vanguard Alpha are decent upgrades. Magnetize the walkers, you'll typically want either the neutron laser or Icarus Array. Buy two boxes of Kataphrons and run them as Grav Destroyers in a Battle Congregation with the Dominus. You now have a 1000 pt army that can take on pretty much anything except for dedicated assault units and cheese.

>I'm not a robot
>>
>>51022433
Please explain to me how I could beat a Brass Scorpion and 8 Soulgrinders with
>One Daemon Prince
>One Knight
>6 Missile launchers
>bunch of marines with boltguns
>>
>>51022515
Nothing. Someone posted something about dedicated transport take the faction of the dudes taking the transport

That solves half the problem. Since we do not know what happen with multiple faction units.

So with IA you can start your Acolytes inside the Valk, but if you have the warband formation the extra non Acolyte dudes? We have no idea.

Personally the rule is there to prevent people abusing shit like drop poding Dominion or vanguards.

If you for some reason want to deepstrike Repentians from a Valk I do not see a problem. Maybe question your sanity
>>
>>51022458
Not the place for my fluffy Inquisition list then? Or is it? Serious, I always wanted to try out a cheesewheel game just for fun
>>
File: IMG_1103.jpg (57KB, 526x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.jpg
57KB, 526x417px
New SoB models leak?
>>
>>51022539

Have your Knight with a D-Sword and watch as it single-handedly wipes all of that.
>>
>>51022705
>tfw a friend uses models like these as objectification markers
>>
>>51022571
dedicated transport doesn't confer any faction rules
>>
>>51021856
>>51022136
hit by a car and broke my spine
>>
File: 1469206186348.jpg (44KB, 604x411px) Image search: [Google]
1469206186348.jpg
44KB, 604x411px
>>51022613
You can play fluffy lists. You just have to be straight up that you don't want to play against gross shit

also
>that list
>>
>>51021971

Nids and Crons have actual motives,
deldar have.... an excuse

99% of chaos is just...

>haha just planted my own baby on a spike because im evil !!! :^)

sentient space fungus with will powered machines are even worse
>>
File: Fall of Cadia.png (2MB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Cadia.png
2MB, 1000x737px
We ded yet?
>>
What should a good GSC army have? Are Sentinels and Leman Russ mandatory?

Are guardsmen allies mandatory for that matter? Or can they stand on their own?

Where do I buy Aberrants at? They don't seem to be on the GW store.
>>
>>51022714
Even with a Chainsword, if the knight got charged by the Scorpion and multiple soulgrinders at the same time it'd be toast. Then he'd just roll over everything else.
>>
>>51022755
Not yet sir.
>>
File: 1482079741910.jpg (382KB, 900x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1482079741910.jpg
382KB, 900x1433px
This is my current list, though I replaced the Dirge Casters with Dozer Blades. The Cultists are meat-shields for the Lord and Sorcerer, and they benefit from Crusader (Run faster!) and Obsec when escorting either IC.

The Herald and Sorcerer are there to summon or buff (Prescience or Nurgle support powers). The Lord is Tzeentchian because I wanted a 3++, and he can break off from his unit to cap objectives (obsec jet bike).

I can work around Overwatch via MSU and stuff (and stuff like Supporting Fire Broadsides will probably be hidden behind bubble-wrap/out of reach anyway), but there are far fewer ways to ignore Dangerous Terrain.

Scrolls of Magnus are a "fun" option, but they've been useful for me; I mostly keel. If I drop the Scrolls, and a 2nd Horror unit, I can replace the Lord's Familiar with the Script of Erebus, and I now have 100 points, so 10 Cultists to both units, and 20 points leftover (Powerfists for the Terminator champs? I could give the regular ones Mauls instead).

Alternately, there's dropping the Havoc Launchers and adding 6 more Cultists, 3 to each unit.

Thoughts?
>>
>>51022720
I'm not your friend am I? (I some times use the PoW as Psyker when I run out of models)
>>
>>51022777
Nurgle endures.
>>
I need some help, recently one of my krieg's lasgun snapped in half, is there any way to get a reliable and strong way to glue resin togheder other than pinning? I cant do it as the thing is really tiny and the smallest drill i can find is 1mm
>>
>>51022767
Sentinels and Lemans aren't that great. The best GSC armies are spamming tons of the acolytes.

They stand better on their own, the only allies they really need are air support and maybe help against AV13+ walkers or vehicles with that much rear armor. And even then not really since mining weapons are really good.

I like having flyrants with egrubs because it fills both those niches, but they're a very strong, effective army without it.

You don't. Abberants only come in the Deathwatch Overkill box set. It's fine, though, because Abberants are very mediocre.
>>
>>51022790
Fuck, not a good omen at all.
>>
>>51022813
just super glue it
>>
File: Genestealer Cult - 1850pts (2).jpg (401KB, 900x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer Cult - 1850pts (2).jpg
401KB, 900x1706px
>>51022767
>>51022817

Here's the current list I'm messing with as an example.
>>
Need ideas for modeling an unmarked CSM sorc on bike. I actually want him to stand on his feet, but I cannot figure anything besides a tzeentch disc to make a count as bike.
>>
>>51022457
Depends on what you're facing, really.
Mathhammer would say Battle-cannon+Avenger as a general purpose one, but if you're facing a Tau Gundam List or Wraithknights you want that melee D together with the gatling (mainly because of Rend) to either chop them to pieces or act as a decoy while you get your special weapons/RIP&TEAR in position
>>
>>51022813
How did you glue the model together? Use that glue.
>>
>>51022880
pin one foot to the seat and have the other foot on the handlebars, metal as fuck
>>
>>51022880
I've got a Khorne Lord surfing on a slab of rock on a sea of blood, since I didn't want to use a Juggernaut.

Floating stones are always a good neutral option though.
>>
>>51022785
Are you Asian?
>>
>>51022894
Too Slaaneshi for me, but I do agree is metal af
>>51022910
That's actually a very cool idea, sir!
>>
>>51022920
No, just a guy that Amerifags have a very hard time pin point my race. So their Political correctness colapse onto themself.
>>
>>51022878
>cultists with Ld8-9
>IG vet and scions have 7-8
>8-9 is Space Marines or Eldar aspects range

JUST
>>
>>51022963
Strange things happen when you have an alien god in your mind giving you very specific instructions on what you should be doing.
>>
>>51022817
Another player, but I'm not really understanding the bad rap Aberrants get. Point-for-point, they're about than Genestealers against most shooting (especially since shooting tends to be about lots of S6/7, or Grav), are tougher when you factor in cover/an Iconward, and they're your only unit that gets built-in AP 2 melee. That and S10 charges can add up when you need to smash certain targets.
>>
>>51022988
what is the Ld score of Chaos Cultists again?

And the Orks, mad for fightin 'n' winnin?
>>
>>51019692
At least the Venoms have ObSec, which I imagine is their it saving grace.
>>
>>51022817
I thought the tanks would be needed for dealing with vehicles and other armored things, do the Acolytes take car of that with their rending claws or something and the Neophytes with their mining weapons?
>>51022878
Only 20 Neophytes? With no dedicated transports? I was thinking they would be the bulk of a force for some reason.

I still want a Broodsurge detachment, you know the one where you put a bunch of Neophytes into a Goliath and they are allowed to jump out even if it moved at cruising speed that round.

>>51022880
Do this >>51022894
>>
>>51023011
Gods don't talk to most cultists. Most cultists just paint themselves an eight-pointed star and pray real hard.
>>
>>51023011
Keep in mind that the GSC Neophyte's aren't normal humans, they're the product of four generations of selective breeding between humans and Tyranids orchestrated by a Genestealer mastermind.
>>
>>51022817
>Abberants are very mediocre
There's no way that's true.
>>
>>51023001
>I2
>In a melee race

The problem is, when you compare them to genestealers, they cost twice as much points, hit slower, and most of the time their FNP and extra wound get Instant Death'd out. They're on-par with Genestealers against Grav, comparing Genestealers' 5+ invuln with the 5+ FNP that Abberants get, though the extra wound is actually relevant there.

On top of that the benefit of the AP2/S10 attacks is diminished by the fact that they always hit second and it isn't particularly hard to kill them before they swing, along with the fact that they don't have the same number of attacks.

It's mostly the fact that they cost 30 points each. If they were 20 points or something they'd be more appealing.
>>
>>51023047
>Gods don't talk to most cultists. Most cultists just paint themselves an eight-pointed star and pray real hard.
source: my ass
>>51023058
>generations of selective breeding
jeez, it looks like a race made for war. Like, say, the Orks.
>>
>>51023105
>source: my ass
source: seige of vraks
>>
>>51023058
>Orks are the product of tens of millions of years of selective breeding and bioengineering orchestrated by the most advanced civilization the galaxy has ever seen!
>Ld7
>>
>>51023105

The Orks' low Leadership is based on their nature as disorganized. It's factored into Mob Rule, giving them a higher effective leadership than they actually have. The fact that Mob Rule is shit right now is unfortunate, but it is accounted for.

And there's a ton of shit on chaos cultists and how little the gods care for them. Come on.
>>
is Kharn the betrayer being angry just a meme or does it actually happen in fluff?
>>
>>51022963
>Hummy GSC should've been 6
>Multi-armed GSC should've been 7

>Hummy GSC within 12" of Multiarmed get +1 Ld or +2 Ld near Purestrains or +3 Ld near Patty

>Multiarmed get same bonus for being near Purestrains / Patty.
>>
>>51023088
>whining about that
>on a 30 point model
You don't know how good you have it, genestealers have spoilt you.
>>
>>51023152
Kharn NOT being angry is the meme.
>>
>>51023047
read the AoS stories, daemonic whispers are constant and after sometime of having daemon voices whisper in your ear you just start to repeat them, even if you're not a psyker, even if you don't hear their voices. That's the whole danger for the taint of chaos.

It doesn't matter who it comes from, the cultists don't know if it's khorne or a lesser daemon, they don't know anything. All they know is they are slaves to the ruinous powers. The chant comes to them, they aren't taught what to say, who to pray to.

Eventually they instinctively know.

Blood for the Blood God, skulls for the Skull Throne.
Blood for the Blood God, skulls for the Skull Throne.
>>
>>51023152
He's the only one that's actually like KILL MAIM BURN. The rest of the Berserkers just want to fight stuff.
>>
>>51023152
>is Kharn the betrayer suffer from "Nails-in-the-Brain" syndrome just a meme or does it actually happen in fluff?
>>
>>51019923

That's easy, first you put them on the shelf, then you take either Eldar, Space Marines, or tau, and don't forget that there's nothing WAAC about SoB!
>>
>>51023152
Kharn's a pretty nice guy
>>
>>51020208
He cannot. Abaddon is the sole exception.
>>
>>51023171

I'm not even saying they're bad though. It's just that the other guy was comparing them to Purestrain Genestealers. They're not awful, but they don't come up to snuff when the rest of the codex is stupid.
>>
>>51020484
>My War Convocation would ruin that.

No it wouldn't

SoB won exactly 0 tournaments in 2016, 2015 and 2014
>>
>>51023187
>Take your heavy metal models
>Place in socks
>Go to Tournament
>Beat opponent with Sister-sock
>Being dead means he forfeits
>You win tournament
>>
>>51023228
Abaddon isn't really an exception, he just has every mark so he can join anything
>>
>>51023028
>Do this >>51022894
it's my second option, but I'll stick with the floating rock for now.
>>
>>51023270
>floating rock

pussy, go back to loyalist space marines, you'll fit right in

I bet you don't even have a face tattoo
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12028529
>>
>>51023088
I2 meme is a meme.
Many big monsters/walkers actually have a fairly low number of attacks, you're Stubborn, and you can Return to the Shadows afterward if you really need.

Plus there's MSU multi-assaults, and the enemy can also have their own multi-wound units that need cracking (Flesh Hounds anyone?). Remember that when an enemy unit is engaged in a multi-assault, models that are only in b2b with only one enemy unit must attack that unit.

So if you're up against something problematic (let's be hypothetical, and say Striking Scorpions because why not?), you can sacrifice a unit of Neophytes or so (not like you can't summon another one) to tank the hits while the Aberrants deliver the KO.
>>
>>51023028
>Tanks for dealing with armored things

yeah, you hit it on the head. Rending attacks hit at strength 11 base on rear armor, with the chance to go up to 13 depending on the d3 roll. Claw Metamorphs start at 13 and can hit 14 on rends. Mining Lasers are 24" range lascannons that you can fit two of in a squad, and Seismic Cannons are Heavy 4 Rocket Launchers if you're within 12" of the target.

>Only 20 neophytes

Neophytes aren't bad, but they're actively worse in a dedicated transport if you're in the Decurion. They synergize disgustingly well with Cult Ambush. Acolytes are the bulk of the force, though, ws4 s4 rending with 4 attacks on the charge is too good to pass up.
>>
>>51023335
>acolytes are ws4 with 4 rending attacks
>wyches are 10 points
>>
>>51023324
I2 isn't a meme for the unit it's infamous for.

Aberrants have decent strength, toughness and a FnP so they're actually though enough to take it on the nose and deal it back at them.
>>
>>51023288
Well, he'll be standing on a rock, over a sacrificial corpse with the victim's bloody heart on his left hand. If that's pussy for you then go get that transgender logo facial tattoo.
>>
>>51023380
>Toughness

They have the same toughness as Orks, anon. For their price Purestrains are more survivable, especially in combat.
>>
>>51022892
glue and pinning.

i think glue alone wont be a good way to fix it but its better than having a sawed off lasgun for sure.
>>
>>51019698
but that seems to me more like an eldar corsair.

also since when did the BT became tolerant towards freaking aliens?
wherent they the most monstruous in their zeal and had a terrorific passion in their crusade for the emperor?
>>
>>51023335
Hows the Neophyte Cavalcade formation though?

I still like the idea of putting nothing but shotgun wielding neophytes into a Goliath for the Deliverance Broodsurge
>>
>>51022534
What formations or whatever should I be using? I don't have the army books on hand and the whole formation thing is still quite new to me, I only ever used CAD for my Eldar because I started back in 4th ed.
>>
>>51023450
Neophyte Cavalcade is solid enough. It's cheaper in points and dollars, and being able to outflank a Plasma Sentinel and LR Executioner with some sponsons isn't a bad idea. The more important thing is it frees up points to throw into other shit, namely Subterranean Uprising.

Deliverance Broodsurge is a bit of a meme, but if you want it, go for it.
>>
File: whothefuckeditsthesebooks.png (302KB, 577x905px) Image search: [Google]
whothefuckeditsthesebooks.png
302KB, 577x905px
The highlighted sections contradict each other. One says you can use original Tau warlord traits, and the other says you have to pick from either the ones in farsight or the rule book, not the original Tau codex.

How can gw be so incompetent that this was missed? It's in the same fucking page.
>>
>>51023450
It's a cheaper core, even if the Chimera isn't as good for GSC since they don't get Meltavets. You could Infiltrate them with Mining Lasers as makeshift bunkers and it's not the end of the world though. The Exterminator is solid for hunting Rhinos too. The Sentinels are garbage but Cult Ambush does let them be disruptive to a degree.

If you're thinking of a Deliverance Broodsurge, the Demolition Claw is also hilarious and worth considering instead. You can give the Acolytes Goliaths, and they still Infiltrate, and the Goliaths get Tank Hunters on their Autocannons.
>>
>>51023520
>Formations and Detachments from the Farsight Enclaves may use the Warlord Traits
>may
>MAY
>verb
>modal verb: may
>1. expressing possibility.
kys
>>
>>51023553
Either
One or the other of two
>>
>>51023579
Yeah because you can't have two fucking warlords you legit autist, you are only ever going to roll one trait.
What it is saying is that you CAN use the Farsight traits IN ADDITION to also HAVING THE OPTION of using the Tau traits instead of using just the rulebook.
Is English not your first language or something?
>>
>>51023627
Is English not yours? Because your interpretation literally isn't supported by the definitions of words.
>>
File: 1374443932096.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1374443932096.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>51023658
There's no way you can't be trolling here.
I'll freely give you this (You) for effort, because it's a good troll.

May =/= must, neck yourself faggot
>>
>>51023520
Weak bait.
>>
>>51023719
"Either" implies exclusivity in English.
>>
>>51023486
>>51023544
So Acolytes are better than Neophytes mostly? More rending and such I guess? And Neophytes are better for footslogging than they are in a transport because they get to use Cult Ambush and Return to the Shadows that way, which they work well with?

Is the Leman Russ good to have at all in comparison to just spending the points on Acolytes and physically punching the enemy armor instead?

Wait, Sentinels get Cult Ambush too? I thought only the footsloggers got it.

The entire army benefits from the Cult Insurrection formation right? Even if they're in their own formation like Subterranean Uprising or Neophyte Cavalcade?
>>
>>51018451

Apparently the two largest forces in Commorragh are fighting each other because each suspects the other of trying to pull the plug on the webway drain and letting the daemons get in. Also warp storms are ravaging the webway and whole spars of Commorragh are collapsing in on themselves.
>>
>>51023829
That's why I think the people who don't get this must be non English. Probably some achmed from Germany or the caliphate of London.

Since either is used, the warlord trait rule at the bottom states effectively, a warlord may only generate from these two options.

In either case though, good editing, something I guess I shouldn't expect from gw, would remove the potential for confusion. The warlord trait rule didn't need to be stated twice in the same page.
>>
File: on the left.jpg (531KB, 1134x612px) Image search: [Google]
on the left.jpg
531KB, 1134x612px
>>51018605

It is true, though. Galactic influence has an effect on the Chaos Gods, and can shape their appearance. It's why Slaaneshi daemons often have pointy ears and slender forms; they were created by the Eldar. Khorne does get a large portion of his power from Orks, through their mindless warring, so they do have a modicum of influence on his appearance.
>>
>>51023879
1. Acolytes are better than Neophytes mostly because Acolytes get the benefit of the Subterranean Uprising formation, which is kind of laughably better than anything else in the codex formation-wise. Base Infiltrate so they get Shrouded thanks to Cult Insurrection, and an additional roll on the Cult Ambush table. Neophytes are solid, but they don't have a formation that really gives them any help.

2. Yeah, exactly. Cult Ambush generally gets them right where they need to be, allowing you to place them in good cover for Mining Laser shots or right at the perfect distance for Seismic Cannon shots. That's ignoring how obviously useful it is for Rapid-Fire or how dumb getting a 5 result is.

3. It's not bad, though it's generally not great unless you're taking the Cavalcade. Giving the Leman outflank adds a dimension to it's use, making the Exterminator Autocannon and sponson weapons more viable.

3. In the Cavalcade formation, Scout Sentinels get to use the Cult Ambush rule when they come on from reserves. Armored Sentinels and the Leman Russ come in via Outflank.

The entire army benefits from Cult Insurrection, as an army would benefit from Gladius or Decurion. It's a Detachment of Formations and any formation in the detachment gets the benefit.
>>
>>51023976
>Galactic influence has an effect on the Chaos Gods
[citation needed]
>It's why Slaaneshi daemons often have pointy ears and slender forms; they were created by the Eldar
Or perhaps, just perhaps, it could be because the Eldar created Slaanesh and Slaanesh created its daemons in their image as thanks? If we follow your logic, Slaaneshi daemons should look human rather than elfin, since humans are doing far more fucking than whatever's left of the Eldar.
>pic
I'm not seeing it. That looks more like a generic daemonface or even a Tyranid than an Ork.
>>
>>51018451
THE TRUE GODS OF THE GREAT WHEEL WILL RISE TO POWER AGAIN
>>
>>51023976
Damn, this model looks great. Is it a specific one, or just some random Berzerker? I really like the helmet of the left one.
>>
>>51024083
It's the Lord of Skulls.
If you like how its face looks, don't look up the full model. You will be disappointed. Get a Kytan instead.
>>
>>51004902
More shitposting
>>51004902
More autism
>>51004902
More complaints
>>
>>51018496
>But if that is an Incubus it begs the question of why the hell he's hanging around a bunch of Black Templars, an Inquisitor and other zealous Imperials.

Because Black Templars are faggots who work with witches and xenos
>>
File: LOOK CLOSER, DUMMY.png (1MB, 1089x729px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK CLOSER, DUMMY.png
1MB, 1089x729px
>>51024073
>>
>>51024103
Fuck off with your shitty general
>>
>>51024128

Actual general is up

>>51024136
>>51024136
>>51024136
>>51024136
>>
>>51024128
???

Just trying to move to the thread that isn't in auto sage.
>>51024143
Thread wars again?
>>
>>51024143
curb your autism
>>
>>51024155
Nah its just even the guy who made that thread said to not use it.
>>
>>51024163
>>51024155
>thread wars

check the creation date on that shitty spoilered general
>>
>>51024249
It'll be around for months.
>>
>>51024280
The only solution is to post in it until it hits auto sage. Quick, everyone, man the general!
>>
>>51023477
Skitarii Maniple from Codex Skitarii and Battle Congregation from Codex Cult Mechanicus are all you really need, Cult Mechanicus can also be run as a CAD if you need ObSec. Skitarii do lots of cheap bodies, Cult does heavy weapons on big, expensive models.

Beyond that the Dominus Maniple formation from the start collecting box is decent if you want plasma vanguard, but grav destroyers are literally better in every way so it's kinda pointless unless you want to play exclusively Skitarii.

Skitarii has no good formations, CultMech has one good one (Elimination Maniple) and one meme (Cohort Cybernetica). War Convocation is strong but monobuild and is reserved for competitive games and cheese lists.
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.