[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 81

File: Warhammer logo.jpg (26KB, 350x279px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer logo.jpg
26KB, 350x279px
Warhammer Fantasy General: All Fimir, All The Time

>Previous Thread
>>50989104

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
File: j050.jpg (184KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
j050.jpg
184KB, 832x1200px
>>
How can I introduce the Fimir in a "Shadow Over Innsmouth" way without going full magical realm, given that the players are completely unfamiliar with both the Fimir and HP Lovecraft?
>>
Fimir are symmetrical you retard.
>>
>>51010890
Have them be like the Deep Ones that runs some kind of trade with the humans without actually going into detail about the reproduction.
>>
>>51010890
Show them the wikipedia article for both.

Did you want it to be a surprise?

Are the humans Chaos alingside the Fimir, or are the Fimir less Chaos-aligned? Which Chaos God if the former?

Where do you want it to occur?
>>
>>51010946
>>51010927
I was thinking of the players finding a remote Empire village, or maybe somewhere on coast of the Wasteland, that has a very similar deal with the Fimir as the Deep Ones have with Innsmouth, i.e. they provide fish and bog iron to sustain the village, and in turn get daughters. In fact since none of them have read Lovecraft I might just ape the whole plot. It's a shame there are no hybrids though, that would be an intense reveal, like in the Call of Cthulhu game during that chase sequence.
>>
>>51011149
Turn it around.

Empire peasants at a military outpost forge gear from the metal, raid Norscans, and sell Norscans to the Fimir. The Norscans aren't Warriors but are just Marauder villages, the Empire is an aggressor. But the alternative is being raped by Fimir and raided by the Norscans after a generation without being culled.
>>
squad progress
despite using a lightbox couldnt catch the gold detailing, still pretty happy with how they are coming along.
3 to go who are melted somewhat, please kill me
>>
>>51011805
Nice.

Gonna base?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1200x500px
Which skintone do you think suits the Fimirs the most?
>>
>>51012234
All art either has them sallow or green.

I prefer green for the stronger ones, flesh for the rest.
>>
>>51012234
I think a pale, greyish blue wouldn't be half bad.
>>
>>51011916
possibly, definitely more interested in getting these guys assembled, completed and painted/glossed, I've been procrastinating for years anon, last 2 months I've done like 80% of my army. I do already have some units based so it would silly of me not to eventually but for now nay
>>
>>51012335
this comment is totally useless.
>>
File: 1404204651134.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1404204651134.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>51012439
They just reminded me of a blue cyclops I saw in a Greek mythology book as a child.
>>
>>51012439
So is your comment.
>>
>>51010848
Best basic career in 2e?
>>
>>51012684
Meh, if really depends on how you roll.
Mercenary is solid because it exits into good combat classes and covers both melee and ranged combat, Knight-Errant is probably the best in terms of starting equipment and classes it can become, and Estalian Diestro is good for melee-focused types and can move directly into the Duelist career immediately after.
>>
>>51012786
Mind you this is assuming combat is all you care about too, since most of these careers don't have much in the way of social skills.
>>
File: Dying of the Light-40.jpg (474KB, 817x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Dying of the Light-40.jpg
474KB, 817x1048px
Aw, I missed Fimir talk and now I really need to head off.

Keep the dream alive mateys and have a small present on that front.
https://mega.nz/#!oddE3biJ!T95ZyU9Or7Qu4Zs-PNphW7rPJol6fJw19OC7gj1pC-8
>>
To my fellow Breton players... What size army bag and foam do you guys use to store/travel with your army? I'm having a hard time being economical with the foam, all of the knights lances, flags and pegasus wings take an amazing amount of space up... Any recommendations for bags for brets with more knights and lots of winged, larger models?
>>
So we can all agree that /tg/'s darling faction is Bretonnia?
>>
>>51013185
just email felldherr theyll do the math for you
>>
>>51013195
Hey, I played Bretons before they were cool
>>
File: 450px-1389680259601.jpg (37KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
450px-1389680259601.jpg
37KB, 450x338px
What would the fantasy equivalent of tyranids look like? They seem like the only 40k race along with the tau that aren't based on anything in fantasy.
>>
>>51013258
They wouldn't have one, an implacable world-devouring horde, who has not yet won only because their full forces haven't arrived yet, is not really suitable for a Fantasy setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 736x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 736x541px
>>51013258
The Tau are just Cathay in space.
>>
>>51013258
Some shitty bug people race.
>>
File: rf 27.jpg (57KB, 247x236px) Image search: [Google]
rf 27.jpg
57KB, 247x236px
>>51013258
The skaven.
>>
File: FimirBalefiend.jpg (307KB, 799x1143px) Image search: [Google]
FimirBalefiend.jpg
307KB, 799x1143px
>>51012234
I always saw them as yellowish green or grey. They tend to wear bronze armor, so that'd go well with that.
>>
>>51013258
Ogre Kingdoms.

>assimilate into other cultures instead of the reverse
>devour everything
>impossibly resilient against most of the threats of the setting
>tend to come from the eastern edge of the setting
>>
>>51013543
The Dark Eldar are actually more along Skaven's in space. They live in a realm that parallel with everyone else, has a hilariously cruel society and they have fleshy monster scientists that spends all their time building freaks.
>>
>>51011259
Very clever. I could see that turning the tables like that being useful for turning a setting into a multiple-choice mission. I.E. the town is dominated by the pro-Fimir faction, but there some rebellious villagers who want to instead kidnap Norscan women, and an EVEN MORE rebellious subgroup who secretly just wants to kill the Fimir. The PCs would have to choose which side to support.

Very clever indeed
>>
>>51013921
But why would the PCs not want to kill the Fimir? Fimir are dicks.
>>
>>51012684
I just rolled up a Toll Keeper for my group's new game and I'm pleasantly surprised. Nobody I know has ever played one before or even looked closely, but he's a combat beast and still has the important social skills like haggle, evaluate (and talents to buff them), and read/write
>>
>>51012835
Oh damn, what is this? I've never heard of this magazine but it looks quite official. And it's got a whole Fimir army book?
>>
>>51013987
>But why would the PCs not want to kill the Fimir? Fimir are dicks.
There would have to be an incentive to keep them alive. It could be emphasized that without the Fimir there would be no fish or metal and the people would die? That way the "kill them" option is also killing the villagers, unless the party does some really resourceful planning.

I guess the issue with that scenario is "why not just move the villagers to another village nearby"?
>>
>>51014144
Maybe you need to consider the Fimir's angle for sticking around more, and why they would need a regular supply of daughters if they can freely give resources to the village. Maybe they're trying not to get noticed, and the village provides a level of cover for them, or keep people away from the ruins that they call home with stories of it being haunted - but the Skaven also threaten the village, and they're fighting a literal underground war to protect something that's important to their survival.
>>
File: Not sure if Skaven...jpg (78KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if Skaven...jpg
78KB, 400x300px
>>51014210
Oh man. That's so good. The party will naturally side with the radical "kill the Fimir" group only to discover subtle clues that their mysterious benefactors are Skaven. Should the plan succeed the whole town will end up being taken down into the tunnels
>>
File: deliverance.jpg (118KB, 570x417px) Image search: [Google]
deliverance.jpg
118KB, 570x417px
Does Kroak's Deliverance of Itza affect units engaged in combat?

The rulebook states that Wizards cannot target spells at units engaged in close combat, but the spell says that it targets ALL enemy units within 12". Does this then imply '...even if they are engaged in combat'?
>>
>>51013195
They're okay. I don't dislike them. But I don't play them.
>>
File: 1287785662656.jpg (151KB, 1098x678px) Image search: [Google]
1287785662656.jpg
151KB, 1098x678px
>>51013195
I think you could argue that was true a few years ago. Like the Sisters in 40k, they've got a strong minor following, and they're also pretty vocal.

These days, it doesn't hurt that they were fucked over continually, and somehow their fanbase survived through all that. And since the threads have turned more to lore discussion, ironically the generic medieval faction poses the most questions, because in a lot of ways it doesn't make sense, where a lot of other factions, like the Empire, seem sensible enough.
>>
>>51014525
Whoever wins we lose scenario.
>>
>>51016133
I'd say Brets and TK together have most of the support here.
>>
>>51013754
Except skaven rely on numbers and are something of a force of nature.

The crazy mutations and gas bombs also help fit the Tyranid mold
>>
File: 1459290875029.png (554KB, 768x683px) Image search: [Google]
1459290875029.png
554KB, 768x683px
>>51016296
Probably the main reason that is is because they are arguably the two facts that got fucked over the most, especially in that they're the two expressly not in AoS. A lot of former WFB fans could've moved on to AoS with some grumbling, Bret and TK fans couldn't unless they wanted to refluff or abandon their favorite faction.

And honestly, the factions have similar themes to them. Both have an archaic sense of nobility and honor. They're both strongly tied to their homelands. Even their least and weakest units have a strong sense of loyalty, even if for Skeletons it's different than for Men-at-Arms. They both had some underdog feels to them because of poor performance on the tabletop. Tomb Kings have a faded glory sense that puts them more in line with Strigoi lovers, but Bretonnians have a present glory that is tarnished by the secrets lurking underneath it.
>>
>>51010848
So, i've still got about 200$ worth of Christmas money to spend, and im looking to start a new army. Any ideas?
>>
>>51013195
since they are so OP in AoS, yes l.
>>
>>51013195
No
>>
File: haven't heard that one before.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
haven't heard that one before.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>51017556
>>
>>51016296
>>51017523
One of the reasons could be that this entire site tends to attract very hipster-contrarian people that will like the overall least popular faction for that reason alone.
>>
>>51017555
Whattya got already?
>>
>>51018168
I'm 99% certain the least popular armies are Tzeentch Daemons, Khorne Warriors, Lothern High Elves, Forest Goblins, and everything Beastmen.
>>
>>51018340
Why should it?
>>
>>51018340
Aside from beastmen these are all subfactions.
>>
>>51018326
I've mostly got WoC. Just a small army, consisting of some Warriors, some Knights, a Gorebeast Charriot, a Sorcerer, a Exalted hero and a Lord.
>>
>>51018340
That's a bit unfair, since none of those is a general faction. That would be like saying everyone hates Wights, Temple Guard, Wissenland Imperials, von Carstien Vampire Counts, and everything Orc.
>>
File: 1465828631191.jpg (197KB, 550x656px) Image search: [Google]
1465828631191.jpg
197KB, 550x656px
Have dwarves ever started a fight? They seem to be rather defensive, and only fight when something is directly threatening them or has attacked them. And it doesn't count to say that they attacked someone for a grudge hundreds of years ago that everyone else forgot about - by dwarf logic, they didn't start that fight, they finished it, and it's too easy to justify a lot of other grudges in that same way.
>>
>>51018584
>dwarf logic
Is every single Skave the most billiant and competent mind on earth?
According to their on logic they are so that means it musst be true.
>>
>>51009733
>that cage neck thing seems exclusive to GW Fire Wizards

I believe that neck/arm thing is inspired by metal lanterns and torch cages and used as such by the bright wizards.

Then it got misunderstood by artists until it looks like their entire body is a fenced community.
>>
>>51018772
Fine, that's a fair point: have dwarves ever attacked anyone without prior provocation by attack or disagreement, within living memory or not?
>>
>>51018584
I don't know, now that you mention it. I think that part of the thing with dwarfs (and the issue, when it comes to why the Old Ones considered them imperfect, I imagine) is that they are super-ultra-conservative (but not reactionary). And I think that this goes again in practically all aspects of life.

Ultimately, this means that they're almost always in a state of slow but constant retreat, ponderous and slow to pro-active action.

That said, I would imagine that they have no issues "picking fights" with Skaven, Orks and servants of Chaos. The first two they have enormous, incalculable grudges with, and although slow to action, they are technically in constant war with them.

In my own personal headcanon, the dwarven war against the Skaven is constantly ongoing, just unknown to the vast majority of the world, and partly the reason dwarfs are not steamrolling things. This also keeps the Skaven too busy to pick on easier targets, such as the Empire.

And in the case of Chaos, they were literally created to combat it and their struggle against Chaos goes beyond being divinely ordained, but is likely considered to be a charge that applies even to the Ancestor Gods. They just don't have to deal with it very often (as a species), because they're resistant to Chaos, can't (usually) use (usual) magic, and most holds are not immediately threatened by the forces of Chaos - other than the Skaven, at least.
>>
>>51018844
Probably.
Most of the time they are on the receiving side because of constant Skaven and Goblin attacks, but surely there are some cases of groll that didn't happen or just greed.
There is no really goody good good faction.
Everyone fucked up once in a while.
>>
>>51018844
>have dwarves ever attacked anyone without prior provocation by attack or disagreement, within living memory or not?

Probably not, at least if we're talking about Mountain Dwarfs and not Chaos Dwarfs or Norscan Dwarfs. I'm not even going to count Expats, since they'd be part of other nations, not "the dwarfs".

Even when they have grudges, they tend to settle them and then go home. The exception would be to "evil" factions such as skaven, orks, chaos, or undead. With the exception of the undead, though, who'd they'd likely refuse to interact with unless absolutely necessary, all the others can be considered as having standing grudges and they are formally at war with them at all times anyway, and not without good cause.

So if the ultimate question is whether the dwarfs have ever attacked the Old World human nations or, say, the Ogres or even Vampires without a grudge to settle and a clear cassus belli, I think the answer would be no.
>>
>>51018859
>There is no really goody good good faction.
The "issue" with the dwarfs is that they are completely unreasonable and implacable, conservative to the point of detriment even to themselves, and moribund in issues relating to tradition or honor.

Not that they'd attack others without cause, but that they'd level a city for being short-changed, and attempts to defend the city would in itself risk becoming grudges.

And sure, dwarfs are greedy and they've got all the diplomatic grace of a stone mallet, but speaking exclusively of the mountain dwarfs, I can't think of any cases where this has resulted in them attacking other people. Obviously, there's likely some expat dwarfs and such that are essentially rogues and thieves and so on, but these are outliers and likely rationalize what they're doing as to not conflict with their dwarf ideals.
>>
I'm thinking of getting my hands on Total Warhammer while it's on sale. Is it any good?
>>
>>51015014
they cannot target Magic Missiles at units engaged in close combat, IIRC. this spell is Direct Damage.

you can totally hex/augment/vortex units in close combat, that's for sure
>>
>>51013754
The Skaven are all the cool features of the Orkz, Tyranids, and Dark Eldar.
>>
>>51014525
No-no man-things, we are your greatest-bestest ally-friend, heh-heh...
>>
>>51019021
It's great. Get the wood elves DLC
>>
>>51018928
You pretty much show how little objectivity is in the view of the dwarves but don't get me wrong, I don't try to start a fight here.
Here is my point:
Dwarves are closeminded and stubborn and they would never admit they were wrong in one way or another. At least not in any heavy stuff.
The next possible falsification of events is that most we know about dwarves from a foreign point of view is the Empire which is a close ally to the Dwaves, so of course we hear nothing but positive stuff about them and if someone says otherwise he of course is just some mumbling idiot who we shouldn't take serious.
IF there is one single dwarve or one clan who goes rogue it is of course just, like you said, outlier.
In the end dwarves are 100% good because we ignore everything that doesn't support their image.
>Chaos dwarves?
Don't count.
>Imperial dwarves rogues?
Don't count
>invading wood elve territory and destroying their homeland?
Grudge so doesn't count
>Dwarf slaughtered my whole family?
Some Grand Grand Grand father sold his father an apple that was for its price below average meaning grudge so it doesn't count.
>>
>>51016133
What about Bretonnia doesn't make sense?
>>
Any good WFRP homebrew careers for the different types of elves?
>>
File: alan_lee_fimir_web.jpg (63KB, 655x529px) Image search: [Google]
alan_lee_fimir_web.jpg
63KB, 655x529px
>>51014095
Warpstone isn't official but it was long-running (1995 to last year maybe?). Somehow they managed to avoid GW's lawyers for twenty years while selling a print WFRP magazine.

I don't think there's an army list in there, but there are WFRP 2e stats.
It's pretty sweet content in general.
>>
http://newsthump.com/2016/03/01/isis-declares-fatwa-against-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/
>>
>>51020431
Didn't they die few years ago when FFG proved they are bigger jerks than GW, by sending cease and detist order to guys even Gee Dubs left alone?
>>
>>51019276
>In the end dwarves are 100% good because we ignore everything that doesn't support their image.

Nono, I'm not saying that they are 100% good. Quite the opposite. I was saying that that closeminded stubbornness is why they're not actually 100% good.

I'm not arguing that you're wrong for saying that they're not entirely "good", I was just saying that I don't agree with your reasoning for saying that they're not entirely "good". I can't think of any time the mountain dwarves didn't have a "proper" cassus belli, at least by their own logic, or when they attacked someone out of greed, expansionism or malice.

This doesn't mean that there's not utter bullshit reasons for some of their conflicts.

In an alignment sense, they epitomize Lawful Neutral, come hell or high water, they can be Lawful Good at times, and they can be just as Lawful Evil when it suits them, but more than that, they care about order and tradition more than anything. Even after exercising proper bullshit grudges that end up in massive suffering for all involved, they go home afterwards, instead of occupying, even when occupying would likely have been an improvement over the state they leave things in.

I think we can all agree that razing a city and killing the defenders because you were short-changed isn't exactly a good thing to do. It's just that we associate the behaviour of the dwarfs with good, but on closer examination, some of their actions are deeply questionable when it comes to the morality of it.

>>51019612
>What about Bretonnia doesn't make sense?
The fact that it's a high-medieval country set in an era of chivalry, sandwiched between The Empire/Kislev, which are slowly entering the renaissance/enlightenment era and are absolutely not in the conceptual dark ages anymore, and Estalia/Tilea, which are smak-dab in a mish-mash of the Age of Exploration and the Renaissance.

Modern-fluff Bretonnia is definitely an oddity, and more than a little bit anachronistic.
>>
Hi, were Plague Monks on 20 or 25 mm bases?
>>
So All my Fantasy mates are getting into Mordheim and I want to run a theme.

Is there a Trollslayers Warband rules? Official Unofficial or made by fans?
>>
>>51020839
9th age has all the plague skaven on foot at 20x20
>>
>>51020936
There is the official Dwarf Treasure Hunters, who can have up to 2 Slayers as Heroes.
There is an unofficial Troll Slayer warband here: https://yaktribe.org/community/attachments/dwarf-trollslayer-warband-pdf.1087/
>>
>>51021002

Tight fit for the plague priest, but okay.

Was that their standard in 8th?
>>
>>51020671
Related question, do dwarfs ever settle a grudge that *doesn't* end in murder? Like paying fines or shit? Seems like they always jump straight to, "Grudge! Pay with ye life!"
>>
>>51021532
Dwarfs can choose to ask for gold instead, for whatever amount they feel is fair.
They asked for gold to prevent the War of Vengeance, the exact amount stolen by Dark Elves that they thought was High Elves, after Caledor II refused to deny that he stole it in the first place. They demanded blood after the beard shaving that the gold request resulted in.

Its implied that the reason the Dwarfs demand so much gold to return the Phoenix Crown is to cross all Elf Grudges off as settled.
>>
>>51021532
Yes, it's probably most of the time done this way. Monetary compensation probably just doesn't make for good stories, so you don't hear much of it.
>>
>>51021638
>They demanded blood after the beard shaving that the gold request
Why not hair instead
you don't have to answer this
>>
>>51018340
>>51018340
elves are elves. they will be popular no matter what.
>>
>>51021656
Elves don't have beards, they can't grow any hair other than heads and eyebrows according to canon.

Also there's no Elf equivalent to beards other than a symbol of unity and favor of their gods. Like the Phoenix Crown...
>>
Got any suggestions for starting points in WFRP 2e, preferably for a fresh party of adventurers? I always have a difficult time with this kind of thing.
>>
>>51021751
pretty sure tyrion was beginning to grow a beard when he was on the run with allarielle.
>>
>>51021784
Eh, beardlessness is BL continuity ripped from D&D.
>>
>>51021222
Here are the base sizes for 8th
https://mega.nz/#!bJA1BZQQ!H8WjG-CwwWYxoo9e0tfdFGaGnhebHS9vEZiY7nEBQJA
>>
>>51021768
Just run the introductionary adventure from the Core Rulebook. It starts you in Untergard and has you end up in Middenheim. If you want to, you can combine the entirety of that starting adventure with the starting adventure in the Game Master's Pack by just changing some of the locations.

Should end up as a solid and engaging starting adventure, since you'll basically have two questlines and the players can't be sure if they relate to eachother.
>>
>>51021532
Nah, I wouldn't call it a "fine", but the punishment really is dependent on the crime. The real issue is that grudges become unsettle-able when the offense is grave.

If you insult a dwarfs beard, for example, it would be awkward to be like "Welp! Pay me money or I'll beat you to death." but it's potentially a grudging that would require some measure of satisfaction, which could be something like a sincere apology, but that will obviously not be voiced.

Honestly, you can probably get really far with the dwarfs if you just humble yourself and beg for forgiveness. Obviously, the elves won't have any of that shit. And that's part of why elves are assholes. Because while dwarfs might be obstinate and demanding, their grudges are based on perceived slights to personal honour.

The elves just thinks that they're better than anyone else and why should they apologize to those that are so far beneath them?

Remember, everyone, it's not rape if it's an elf.
>>
Thanks for the Warpstone, Fimiranon!
>>
>>51022066
>it's not rape if it's an elf
Memetastic post, upvoted. Makes me really believe all the rest you posted, makes it sound really unbiased.
>>
Which Chaos God are Fimir most aligned with? Are they Undivided?

I play Daemons and like to mix mortal worshipers in, hence me asking.
>>
>>51022182
I think they're technically undivided, seeing as they fell out of favour with Chaos anyway.

That said, I would lean towards Nurgle for the marshy, decaying fen aspect, or Tzeentch for mutations.
>>
>>51018880
What issue do Dwarfs have with the undead?
>>
>>51020431
So all the information in that magazine is non-canon?
>>
>>51022347
>worship ancestors
>their corpses are raised as puppets.
>>
>>51022182
Fimir as a whole aren't aligned with any specific god, as far as I know. They're a bit like the norscans, I would assume; expect a ton of different gods and goddesses; some are aspects of Chaos, others are one of the big 4 under another name, some are minor gods of Chaos, and some are just daemons trying to set themselves up. I would also expect some shamanistic stuff going on, like a Fimir tribe worshipping a local spirit (which would essentially be a form of daemon, I guess, even if not necessarily evil).

There's a lot more to Chaos than the 4 big ones and Undivided, but as a whole, I'd say that the Fimir are Undivided, as in not belonging to any one of the big ones specifically.
>>
>>51022347
The undead are a perversion. I don't think that the dwarves would go out of their way as they would with some others, but I can't imagine that the Mountain Dwarfs would be particularly keen on working with them, either.
>>
>>51022399
>So all the information in that magazine is non-canon?
Non-canon as in not sanctioned by GW? Yeah. But at this point, who gives a fuck? They're more canon than End Times and most of 8th Edition, that's for sure.
>>
>>51022347
They never had a friendly relationship with Nehekharans, and their first encounter with vampires was Neferata wiping out a hold that she still holds and reanimating all the Dwarfs inside as servants who still aren't allowed to rest. They also threaten the Empire, and Ulrika is literally the only example of a vampire being friendly with them.
>>
>>51022462
Ehhhh, I don't know. Unofficial information makes me uncomfortable. Yes, I discount End Times, Storm of Chaos, Warhammer Online, and the bits of 8th edition that lead to those too, but the rest of the canon is just that, canon. Fan exposition, while often better and more logical than official fluff, just doesn't fit
>>
File: IMG_1016.jpg (37KB, 579x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1016.jpg
37KB, 579x600px
>>51022504
Its as canon as Dwarf wizards.
>>
File: Luthien dancing in the forest.jpg (468KB, 827x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Luthien dancing in the forest.jpg
468KB, 827x1300px
So are there cases of humans and elves falling in love with each other?
>>
What're good sources of information about early Bretonnia? Before it became High-Medieval Age Arthurian Myth and Chivalry.
>>
>>51022504
You should be wary, but at this point, I'm honestly more confident in fan content than anything GW manages to cream out of that fat ass of theirs. That said, Warpstone isn't canon, but it's widely considered as a top-notch source of information and inspiration.

I don't think it usually claims anything that isn't in line with existing canon anyway, and if it does, that canon probably came up afterwards, in which case it's probably shit anyway.

It's a good magazine. I wish I could get my hands on the entire collection, but you're wise to take everything with a grain of salt.
>>
>>51022545
That's not fair. Dwarf Wizards are 100% canon.
They just happen to 100% conflict with later canon.

I'm a bit sad that dorfs got the whole "Cannot use magic, ever" thing. It seemed to still be up in the air even during Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Ed, where you can technically play a dwarf wizard (but not a Halfling one).
>>
>>51022709
No. elves have generally been portrayed as pricks to everyone but each other in the same Elf group other than the rare Finubar, Bel Shanaar, and Teclis.

There was a minir reference to a Beren and Luthien tyoe situation in early Warhammer I think though, but is probably non-canon.
>>
>>51022504
Well man, Warpstone is THE Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay for years. It was somekind of a community center that made it brought back and kept it alive. They were closer with Hogshead than Gee Dubs. Tons of those materials made it into books finally.
>>
>>51022853
Do you mean in-character, as in before Gilles, or out of character, like the very earliest published mentions?
>>
When Brettonia's DLC comes out, are they going to make Grail Knights less garbage?
>>
>>51024304
Probably.
In-game skins for Bretonnian units will likely get a retouch as well, the ones they have now are basically just placeholders.
>>
>>51022440
>I don't think that the dwarves would go out of their way as they would with some others

The dwarfs have many, many grudges with vampires, especially Neferata.
>>
>>51022504
>>51023093
The veterans of Strike to Stun and Warpstone worked long and hard keeping Warhammer lore and wfrp alive for many years, and some of them still do.

I'm not worthy of liking there boots.
>>
>>51023164
aww crumbs.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (497KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
497KB, 500x270px
>>51022709
Humans falling in love with elves? All the fucking time. Other way around? Eww, no, why would they want to sleep with dogs, you crazy?
>>
>>51023946
Earliest published mentions. Back before Bretonnia was all about the knights and the chivalry, and was actually a sun-king/revolutionary-era kinda deal with musketeers and shit.
>>
File: lord of proofs.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lord of proofs.png
13KB, 500x500px
>>51025396
>All the fucking time.
proofs?
>>
>>51021768
You wouldn't happened to be playing an online game would you? I'm looking for a Warhammer Roleplaying game group for 2e for online text gaming...

Anyone know of any?
>>
File: 1483335834852.jpg (333KB, 1080x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483335834852.jpg
333KB, 1080x800px
>>51025396
[Citation needed]
>>
File: 1483334921663.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483334921663.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>51025396
says you...
>>
What are Karak Norn's colors? 6e army book says red and blue, but 8e said red and white.

Personally I prefer red and white, since red and blue has been done to death with the Brets, but I'm not sure which should be considered more canon.
>>
>>51020671
But Bretonnia also have their own cooky religion so they are less likely to share ideas and values with other nations.
>>
>>51023164
None of those have ever been retconned, they just totally stopped talking about them.

Elves definitely fuck humans (dark elves in particular), but I think that it's rarely romantic in any case.
>>
File: 250px-Man-At-Arms.png (60KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Man-At-Arms.png
60KB, 250x215px
>>51023220
Is there an archive of all the issues of Warpstone? I'm a WFRP 2e GM and I could always use more idea fodder.
>>
>>51025396
Humans will fuck anything that's feminine and human looking. So that's no surprise.
>>
>>51025650
Does it matter? Use which you prefer.

Canon is now what we make it.
>>
>>51025830
Even dwarfs find elves (physically) attractive, apparently.
>>
>>51023164
City elves are actually integrated in human society.
>>
>>51022853
I honestly don't know, but even back in 2006 the Sun King had a much larger role in the lore of Bretonnia. You just gotta do some digging past the current stuff.
>>
File: KOTG.jpg (6KB, 218x293px) Image search: [Google]
KOTG.jpg
6KB, 218x293px
>>51025876
Check out the Knights of the Grail book for Warhammer Roleplaying Game 2e...pic related.
>>
>>51022709
There are canonical half-elves, but they're pretty old references. Considering elves aren't very fertile, it seems likely that any relationship that produced offspring must have gone on for a while, which would imply more than just passion (for which we have ample evidence).

The most solid reference I can think of comes from Gotrek & Felix, where a notoriously lecherous slayer defends his honor by saying that he did not, in fact, have a three-way with two elf maidens - only one was an elf, and a half-elf at that.
>>
>>51025858
Why wouldn't they? Their own females looks ugly af.
>>
File: 250px-That's_a_paddlin'.png (74KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
250px-That's_a_paddlin'.png
74KB, 250x186px
>>51025931
>Thats a Grudgin
>>
>>51025456
None, really, aside from the fact that they're described as being extremely beautiful and whatnot.
>>
>>51025729
While that's true, that religion is very much on the upper end of society, and it really shouldn't give rise to that sheer level of cultural and socio-political retardation, especially since Bretonnians aren't violently xenophobic or insular or anything (actually quite the opposite).

Personally, I just like reconciling older fluff with newer fluff for Bretonnia, meaning that the whole Chivalric Virtues, Arthurian Myth and the Cult of the Lady is a ultra-conservative and actively reactionary trend that is entrenched in upper-class society, while much of the rest of society economically and socially operate on a level much closer to that of the rest of the Old World.

But that isn't strictly kosher, lore-wise.
>>
>>51025954
Show me one beautiful female dwarf. Oh wait. You can't!
>>
>>51026035
I just think that it's wrong to compare the Old World to historical Europe and it's renaissance development since they don't have Christianity to bind the cultures together.
>>
>>51025830
>Humans will fuck anything that's feminine and human looking. So that's no surprise.
>>51025858
>Even dwarfs find elves (physically) attractive, apparently.

That's kinda what I was thinking, yeah. But the reverse obviously isn't true. Elves are cunts to begin with.

I prefer to think that any instances of half-elves are the result of forced intercourse.
>>
>>51026086
>Elves are cunts to begin with.
No, Dwarves are just ugly.
>>
>>51020671
But look on at the 18th century France that Bretonnia was originally based off of - it was a very old-fashioned country even by the standards of the day, without any of the modernization or hints of industry that Britain had begun developing. They still had excessive privileges for the nobility and the clergy which made the burden on the peasantry harder than it should be. The King was the power of the state, and as a whole the government was very conservative - even when France had been doing great economically in the early part of Louis XV's reign, that was only because of careful spending and encouragement of traditional economic practices, not because of any new developments. And honestly, most people in France were okay with this - France still seemed like the top dog of Europe, the people still thought of the King as totally being great as long as he seemed strong and wise (which for a while he was), and no one was widely clamoring for reform for at least a few decades.

And Bretonnia, unlike real France, did not have progressively shittier kings towards the end. Leoun is confirmed to be a great king. If he wants to be ultra conservative and not make any technological or social advancements, than no one's gonna argue with him.
>>
>>51026076
Cultures were pretty bound together, relatively speaking, without unifying monolithic religion to begin with, and Christianity, if anything, sundered far more than it united, with near-constant inter-faith wars regarding the true gospel and the state of the church.

That being said, I completely agree that it's wrong to fully compare the Old World to historical Europe, and I try to make it a point to point that out, as I did in the previous thread (>>50969347). Historical causality is different in the Old World, so things aren't so easily transposed.

However, it is still quite odd that all of Bretonnia would be stuck in the high medieval age, with all the themes and concepts and social, economical and political implications involved, sandwiched between nations, countries and states that are all at least relatively comparable in many ways, even though that's a pretty broad "relatively".

The oddity is probably much more apparent because Bretonnia appears so hegemonic, so one-sided in this, which is also why I try to reconcile the old fluff with the new, so that it's not as much of a "sore thumb".

Also, regarding religion, the Cult of the Lady is still very much an upper class thing. In most of Bretonnia, most of the people hold to largely the same gods as the Empire (except Sigmar), with a somewhat greaqter focus on the southern gods (Shallya, Verena, Myrmidia, etc.).

As far as I know, they don't even have more "local" gods like Kislev does, for example, which is honestly pretty odd. The center of the Shallyan faith is even in Bretonnia.
>>
>>51026207
I agree with all of this. The thing is, much of that is completely lost in the modern fluff. What you describe is pretty much exactly what I want Bretonnia to be - a society amongst the other in the Old World, but where the ruling class has gone beyond conservative aristocracy and entered a state of active reactionary regressionism as a result of the Cult of the Lady and a desire to relive a mythic age that never really existed, and created an anarchronistic Age of Chivalry.
>>
File: Dorf lady smol.png (88KB, 162x196px) Image search: [Google]
Dorf lady smol.png
88KB, 162x196px
>>51026038
>>
>>51026322
Looks like a guy.
>>
File: Runepriest_early_female.jpg (89KB, 511x454px) Image search: [Google]
Runepriest_early_female.jpg
89KB, 511x454px
>>51026390
>Wearing very obvious form-fitted boobplate
>'lol looks like a guy'

Sure anon.
>>
>>51026322
>>51026485
Where is the beard?
>>
>>51026485
Looks like a 12 year old boy.
>>
>>51026485
Boobs doesn't make a women. I have mantits and I'm not exactly femenine.
>>
File: Dwarf_Female_by_Aragogh.jpg (95KB, 490x594px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_Female_by_Aragogh.jpg
95KB, 490x594px
>>51026390
>>51026038
>>
File: cbc2538aa442b7897e0f74a5cbe042cc.jpg (172KB, 955x1052px) Image search: [Google]
cbc2538aa442b7897e0f74a5cbe042cc.jpg
172KB, 955x1052px
>>51026038
>>
>>51026566
You could be anon, you could be.
>>
>>51026253
Just think of Bretonnia as the North Korea of the Old World.
>>
>>51026501
Warhammer dwarf women do not have beards, and if you ask a male dwarf if they do, they'll probably grudge you.
>>
>>51026633
More like the Imperial Japan.
>>
>>51026608
>>51026611
Not Warhammer dorfs.
>>
>>51013258
skaven
>>
>>51025456
Lore says humans find them creepy but hawt.
>>
>>51026727
Probably because they look like asians.
>>
>>51025650
Red and white. Or reddish-orange anyway, a kind of bright red color at any rate.

Blue was used in 6e painting guides as the color of their clothing, since the colors of your faction aren't all you wear. Blue is also used because its the colors of Buman's Brewery, where Karak Norn Dwarfs are sometimes stationed and certainly are fond of.

The only major color change is Karak Izor when 6e states they NEVER use blue then 8e said blue is their main color.
>>
File: IMG_1026.jpg (31KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1026.jpg
31KB, 600x538px
>>51025830
Would you a Meargh?
>>
File: IMG_1040.jpg (35KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1040.jpg
35KB, 300x416px
>>51026038
Dwarfs have different standards of beauty, but in general tend to be into females of any race other than Trolls.

Also, ValayaxIsha art when?
>>
>>51026753
Asians don't have a face longer than it is wide.
>>
What would you say to some models having 1 or 2 diorama-like walls with background painted to give them sense of atmosphere?

specifically, I though about adding such to Bat Swarms, with sylvanian sky painted
>>
>>51010848
My group wants to do a WFB game using the FFG rules, and after going through the book I like the system but I'd prefer more variety. I can BS wood and dark elves for PCs, but one of my players is a massive Lizardmen fan and I'd like to have something ready in case he asks, because he almost definitely will. If anyone here is more familiar with the system, how would you do Lizardmen PCs?
>>
File: 1483335880913.jpg (32KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
1483335880913.jpg
32KB, 600x623px
>>51026727
>>
>>51025820
This is everything I've got:
https://mega.nz/#F!ZVtkzbCD!gXQXg9eqzMzq4fgx7cNmkg
>>
>>51025396
but quick google search for "bestiality" shows that many humans sleep with dogs, and even worse...

>>51025858
but aren't dwarfs mainly attracted to the beard? how can dwarf be interested in anything beardless?
>>
Could Darkest Dungeon be set in Warhammer universe?
>>
>>51027230
Yes. I can't point single contradiction.

It's story is basically WHRP scenario outline, althrough madly, nonsensically big dungeons are not common in WH.
>>
File: gallery_7_6548.jpg (75KB, 650x516px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_7_6548.jpg
75KB, 650x516px
http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/gallery/slideshow/category-6/

Found this on a google search, thought you might enjoy all this art.
>>
>>51027216
Beards are masculine traits.

Dwarf females braid their hair. The lore is literally that a female's plait is the same culturally as a male's beard.
>>
>>51027216
Beards are not important sexually. A Dwarf beard is cultural.
Since everything that is good is old to Dwarfs, long hair for a race that magic doesn't affect means age. The linger your beard, the more important you are and the more everyone should listen to you.

A beardless male or a bald female is basically a newborn by Dwarf reckoning of cultural value. In Kafka terms, a bug; a useless dependant according to physical representation. They will never live long enough to reclaim their lost honor, so they are forever marked as pitiable and inferior.

Hence why they take Slayer Oaths because of it. That is the only way to reclaim your status, or at least some measure of it.
>>
Why did they have to kill the setting

Why couldnt they just make a new game instead of nuking fantasy
>>
>>51027570
They thought it would force Fantasy players to go to AoS because we have no choice in order to keep being GW customers. Instead it told us to fuck off and buy third party models, keep playing what came out or migrate to other games, and to feel free to disregard their continuity.

They may go back on it someday. They'll probably never bring back the squatted model lines, but a token and non-costly method such as creating a WFB section in the store that links the same models under original factions and names while selling square bases is possible.
>>
File: 1459376695800.jpg (418KB, 1062x1580px) Image search: [Google]
1459376695800.jpg
418KB, 1062x1580px
Why do you feel drawn to your favorite faction?
>>
>>51025538
Post in the Gamefinder threads. It might take a couple weeks but you'll get something together, especially if you are willing to GM. That's how I got started with roleplaying, I wanted a 2e game but nobody was willing to GM, so I just stepped up and volunteered. Got a group of 11 players (split into two weekly sessions based on time zones) and taught myself to both RP and GM by trial and error.
>>
>>51025921
Not him but I read that cover to cover and don't remember anything about a sun king
>>
>>51027746
I like older "Get off my lawn!" races.

Dwarfs, High Elves, Daemons, Vampires, Tomb Kings. Instead of Lizardmen I went OnG because they looked fun to paint, and they did not disappoint.
>>
File: That's a grudgin'.jpg (386KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
That's a grudgin'.jpg
386KB, 800x799px
>>51025954
>>
>>51027746
Dwarfs, I guess partly from their aesthetic (no one does beards quite like Warhammer) and partly from the over-the-top stubbornness and their Grudges. I fell in love with them instantly and desu dwarfs are pretty much the entire reason I got into this hobby.
>>
>>51027793
(wtf why does it say 'desu'? I have literally never said that in my life lmao.)
It was supposed to say 'desu'
>>
File: IMG_1042.jpg (48KB, 444x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1042.jpg
48KB, 444x333px
>>51027790
Can we get a Dammaz Kron edit to this one?
>>
>>51027155
How, pray tell, do you intend for a party composed of Wood Elves, Dark Elves, and Lizardmen to function? Or exist in the first place?
>>
>>51027817
Word filters.
>>
>>51027875
Not him, but...
Dark Elf rebels against Malekith who want to be wizards with penises, Wood Elves are fucking insane and need to explanation, Skink slave kept on a leash that is convinced the Old Ones intended this.
>>
>>51027875
they meet in a tavern...
>>
>>51027875
In my group the rule is if you can find a way to bullshit your PC into the group that doesn't go against the lore too hard, it's acceptable. You just need a story that's good enough.
>>
>>51027177
Thanks.
>>
>>51027746
I adore the skaven for the same reason I like the 40k orkz: a perfect blend of silly and serious, they're blackly funny and super-dynamic.
>>
>>51026801
If it was smoother, more symetrical and Inwas all out of options I might consider it.
>>
>>51028627
Young ones are smooth and more symmetrical. The only problem is bathing, which only High and Dark Elves do more than once a month or two anyway.
>>
>>51026854
They do have slant eyes and silk.
>>
>>51028684
The Byzantines had silk. Why can't the Elves by Byzantines? They do function as the equivalent of Rome for a lot of human nations, as a source of culture and how their ruins get built around.
>>
>>51027746
I like the high elves you posted because I feel like these are the closest you can get to Tolkiens glorious Noldor, with more dragons and mages, though. And even some axes. And lions, chariots drawn by lions.
>>
File: Fimir rules 01.jpg (738KB, 904x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 01.jpg
738KB, 904x1341px
>>51014095
Glorious cyclopic rape-fiends who were abandoned by chaos.

Official Fimir dump, 1/14
>>
File: Fimir rules 02.jpg (680KB, 904x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 02.jpg
680KB, 904x1313px
>>51029862
Official Fimir dump, 2/14
>>
>>51029876
3/14
>>
>>51028684
They have eyes that go vertical on the inner corners.
>>
>>51029862
>>51029876
stop this AOS shit
>>
File: shitdisturber.jpg (42KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
shitdisturber.jpg
42KB, 320x304px
>>51029897
>>
File: Fimir rules 03.jpg (671KB, 904x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 03.jpg
671KB, 904x1336px
>>51029895
3/14 for real

>>51029897
U wot m8?
>>
File: IMG_1034.jpg (29KB, 200x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1034.jpg
29KB, 200x284px
>>51029862
>>51029876
Thanks, Gropey!
>>
File: Fimir rules 04.jpg (602KB, 904x1318px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 04.jpg
602KB, 904x1318px
>>51029918
4/14
>>
>>51029408
Byzantines got silk from the Silk Road.

High Elves get it from trade. So High Elves are clearly the Dutch.
>>
File: Fimir rules 05.jpg (843KB, 904x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 05.jpg
843KB, 904x1313px
>>51029928
5/14

>>51029919
No prob man. I find Fimir were the right amount of mysterious, body horror terror, while not going full on edgy bullshit.
>>
File: Nice Bate.jpg (78KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Bate.jpg
78KB, 680x649px
>>51029897
>AoS shit
>>
File: Fimir rules 06.jpg (682KB, 904x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 06.jpg
682KB, 904x1332px
>>51029955
6/14
>>
File: Fimir rules 07.jpg (746KB, 904x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 07.jpg
746KB, 904x1306px
>>51029966
7/14
>>
File: Fimir rules 08.jpg (756KB, 904x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 08.jpg
756KB, 904x1348px
>>51029984
8/14
>>
Is there an equivalent of the Panama Canal in the Warhammer World? I know there's no well-known canals through the Badlands or anything, but what about a river deep enough to allow ships through? Or maybe some kind of Skaven undersea?
>>
File: Fimir rules 09.jpg (742KB, 904x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 09.jpg
742KB, 904x1332px
>>51030005
9/14
>>
File: Fimir rules 10.jpg (652KB, 904x1353px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 10.jpg
652KB, 904x1353px
>>51030007
The scale, and thus most of the rivers in WHF are big enough for full sized ships to sail down. The Reik itself can handle galeons.

>>51030015
10/14
>>
File: Fimir rules 11.jpg (549KB, 904x1287px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 11.jpg
549KB, 904x1287px
>>51030044
11/14
>>
>>51029959
it will make people buy FW fimir (that are nothing but shitty cartoonish AoS sculpt straight out of WoW) and basically give money to GW as a thanks for killing the old world.
now stop that shit fags
>>
File: Fimir rules 12.jpg (606KB, 904x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 12.jpg
606KB, 904x1343px
>>51030064
12/14

After this WHFRP dump, i'll see if I can't find the WHFB rules
>>
>>51030082
You're dedicated to the trolling, I will give you that. Im sure you know the FW sculpts predate AoS, and I actually like them.

>>51030088
13/14
>>
>>51030082
>sees cool thing
>THAT CAN POSSIBLY BENEFIT GW BY MAKING PEOPLE THAT SEE IT WANT THE MODELS!!!
>>
File: Fimir rules 13.jpg (725KB, 904x1309px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir rules 13.jpg
725KB, 904x1309px
>>51030110
>>
File: Fimir Minis.jpg (741KB, 904x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Minis.jpg
741KB, 904x1341px
>>51030136
14/14
>>
File: 1409165299930.jpg (136KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1409165299930.jpg
136KB, 500x377px
>>51029897
Here's (You)
>>
File: 1470647810237.jpg (73KB, 509x405px) Image search: [Google]
1470647810237.jpg
73KB, 509x405px
So what's the deal with Araby? It may be generic Middle East fantasy, but it's got a few details that were never properly explained. They worship one god, but who's the god? Are they an amalgamation of Chaos, or something like The Lady or Sigmar? What are Djinn?
>>
>>51030729
Djinn are daemons, Skavens tricked the Sultan Jafar invade Estalia in the 15'th century and supposedly there is also a vampire bloodline of insect swarm vampires that inhabits the region.
>>
>>51013258
Arguably; the Tau are the Wood Elves to the extreme. Shooty and you use alternative monster units to deal with special problem.
>>
File: thumb_3.jpg (13KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_3.jpg
13KB, 350x400px
some say its the coneback of SeaElf from oldhammer.
were they anything more than a mere paragraph in WD ?
>>
>>51030893
the fluff is complete opposite tho.
>>
>>51031005
Looks like a silly looking bill to me.
>>
>>51031051
Thats a stylized harpoon.
>>
>>51031079
I guess. But I wanna call it a sillybilly.
>>
>>51031143
Ah yes, the sillybilly, a cousin to the halpless halberd and the no-arm guisarme.
>>
>>51031143
Acceptable.
>>
File: 1461943133594.jpg (915KB, 1536x1923px) Image search: [Google]
1461943133594.jpg
915KB, 1536x1923px
>>
is it just me or are the end time actually really fucking cool

i mean age of sigmar is horse skub but that's not the end times' fault
>>
>>51030082
Or buy the old ones from eBay. Or proxies from Krakon Games.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51031005
Sea Elves are Cothique and Lothern, plus the colonies that were never important.
>>
>>51031995
Elements were interesting.

But if you were invested in storylines that ended offscreen in less than a paragraph it was shit.

Like if Return of the Jedi had a single line in the opening crawl "Landi, Leia, Chewie, and the Droids crashed and died." then later Han gets shot without saying a line or doing anything.
>>
>>51031745
>tfw all the best art has Lizardmen in it
>>
>>51018781
Exactly this. They're supposed to look like a brazier. The aesthetic always reminded me of that animated candlestick from Beauty and the Beast.
>>
>>51019021
Very good. Note that all DLCs will appear in campaign without you having to buy them, so you can play against any dlc faction with the base game, just not as them.
>>
Age of Sigmar isn't going anywhere.

End Times was the right thing to do.
>>
>>51022066
>Remember, everyone, it's not rape if it's an elf.
t. Morghur
>>
File: 1469851441547.jpg (368KB, 873x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469851441547.jpg
368KB, 873x1200px
>>
>>51027875
Wood and Dark elves aren't explicit enemies the way high and dark elves are. Lizardmen are isolationist, but don't have any particular hatred for non-chaotic races.

Thus, consider the following contrivance:
> A chaos cult has begun a secret maritime trade of magical, chaotic, or simply valuable artefacts stolen from other factions.
> One of their smuggling ships was intercepted by dark elf corsairs. They want to end the cult's activities for reasons known only to them as part of some larger plan.
> Among the artefacts stolen were the bow of a glade lord and a golden tablet of the lizardmen. Both races dispatch scouts to recover the lost goods.
> Eventually the dark elf, lizardman, and wood elf representatives find themselves spying on the chaos cultists from the same rocky outcropping, having tracked the villains down individually.
> Seeing that they are outnumbered, the party members then decide to band together in order to complete their mission.

A stretch, but it's the best idea I have off the top of my head.
>>
>>51032008
yeah sure so easy to find 30 on ebay. faggot.
>>
I have been away from warhammer for a while. What system are you guys using? Not 9th I hope? Because that would be rather inappropriate in a Fantasy general, since I have been told to go fuck myself by the 9th community and that 9th isn't warhammer when I've stated my opinion that the game is straying to much from warhammer.
>>
File: Araby Snippets.jpg (1MB, 2364x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Araby Snippets.jpg
1MB, 2364x2000px
>>51030729
Here is everything I've been able to find out about Araby from the 2e WFRP books that I've gone through so far
>>
>>51010848
can we add return of reckoning to the OP?
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

genuinely having more fun playing than i did when WAR was still live, though the population during NA primetime is disappointingly low
>>
File: Hot Damn.jpg (24KB, 335x363px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Damn.jpg
24KB, 335x363px
>>51018781
>>51032645
Welp, I feel like an idiot. Not that guy but I never realized that's the reason for the aesthetic. I just assumed that's the way it was because, well, just because
>>
>>51026634
They grudge me one anyway so I might as well give them a proper reason.
>>
>>51027746
Because angry skeletons and ancient empires appeal to me due to my excessive interest in history
>>
>>51031995
Just you
>>
>>51033963
Can you write up a brief review of it? I would absolutely love if that was a great game to play. Do quests work yet?
>>
>>51032691
AoS dies with GW.
>>
>>51032909
It is from third parties.

http://krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

Double faggot.

>>51033724
Nobody cares what you think, you thin-skinned cuntblunt. Now go fuck yourself for discussing meta shit and not fluff or crunch.
Also, it strayed from newfag editions. Not true Warhammer.
>>
So I realize this is probably not a good place to ask (due to bias) but is there a chance that GW either turns AoS into something that's actually fantasy or bringing back Warhammer?

I was actually considering getting into Warhammer the month after (no joke) AoS dropped.
>>
File: 1370480304235.jpg (211KB, 705x459px) Image search: [Google]
1370480304235.jpg
211KB, 705x459px
>>51034205
nearly all of the quests work as far as i'm aware, it's the public quests that are still in progress but they recently fixed another big chunk of them

out of all the MMOs i've played warhammer online has the best PvP, though i've never been the type to get to the super competitive level. the large scale realm vs realm stuff is the main draw for me and the devs seem to have made it their focus. they're constantly updating the game and since halloween have been doing occasional events, coolest was when devs lead player armies as heroes (grimgor & gazbag vs thorgrim grudgebearer)

the game is still very much in alpha but the core experience is there. my main gripes are the low pop during NA times like i said and the occasional emptiness of the middle tiers
>>
>>51034682
Possible. But unlikely.

If they do "bring it back" it will probably just be putting the same models under their original names in a Fantasy section of the website and putting square bases in with the boxes. They probably won't update it or bring back anything they stopped selling.

They aren't shitcanning AoS. They also are going to have to do something different soon, because the lore is panned by almost everyone and the new game smell is fading.
>>
>>51025930
>which would imply more than just passion (for which we have ample evidence).
where?
>>
File: ted-beargeon-black-orc.jpg (220KB, 1179x1011px) Image search: [Google]
ted-beargeon-black-orc.jpg
220KB, 1179x1011px
>>51034731
!! oops meant grumlok & gazbag
have some more concept art
>>
File: A Destiny Foretold - SLoM.jpg (218KB, 788x935px) Image search: [Google]
A Destiny Foretold - SLoM.jpg
218KB, 788x935px
>>51034731
Mid-tier population issues is a fundamental problem with any MMO, but particularly WAR. RoR isn't going to fix that sadly.

When you say quests work, I'm mostly curious if they've managed to get the turn-in text correct, or if it's still the initial offering text a second time?
>>
>>51026485
That's just some lingerie and a push up bra.
She's obviously going to iron some clothes, what with the hammer and all that.
>>
>>51019021
Is it now or in forseeable possible to play Chaos in Total Warhammer?
>>
>>51034651
>http://krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

I didn't expect anything from that, and i was still flabbergasted by the shit sculpt. I wouldn't even field that even if I WAS PAID to. They are literally inferior to the 30 years old GW sculpt. This is pathetic beyond anything i could imagine.
I wasn't expecting any taste or sculpt knowledge from an AoS shill like you but this is worse than I taught.
Lets hope your children wont be half as retarded as you.
>>
>>51012234

Damn... nice paintjob but I wish he'd straightened the clubs out first. Really ruins it for me.
>>
>>51035822
Kinda makes sense that scavengers on the edges of society might have to make do with lopsided wood.
>>
>>51034731
You in any guild? /phalanx/ here but i've mostly quit since they fucked up pvp with fucking siege weapons
>>
>>51032691
seeing as it gave us T9A, which is better than 8th Ed and is actually made by people who care and brings a lot more 3rd party producers to the market... yes, it was the right thing to do, in hindsight.
>>
>>51031005
looks steampunkish
my bet is on dwarfs
>>
>>51029683
but still weaksauce pussies compared to Noldor. but then again, everyone is weaksauce pussy compared to Noldor, even half the maiar and some valar.
>>
>>51026633
>>51026647
Problem is that Bretonnia is backwards, not insular. No matter how we cut it, in order for Bretonnia to make sense, we need to butcher through the fluff a bit.

Either we reconcile old fluff with newer fluff, or we make Bretonnia xenophobic to the point of paranoia and regressively insular. I just happen to prefer the former approach, rather than the latter.
>>
>>51034731
WAR was, hands down, the most fun MMO I've ever played, not only in terms of PvP (it is the only PvP experience I've ever had any genuine fun with).

It got completely mishandled by the shittiest support known to man and clueless developers ("We don't need regional chats; we have public quests and guilds!").
>>
>>51032052
>Cothique and Lothern
Whatnow?
>>
anyone got a link to some gallery or something with model renders from Total Warhammer. at first I thought they used only WHFB models, but then I've seen some nice original models (e.g. vampire lord with helm) and now I want to see them in better detail to make conversions of them
>>
>>51034205
Last time I tried it just a couple of months ago, I started out as a Chaos Warrior and it was buggy as shit from the get-go. It's still in the Alpha Stages.

Personally, I'm holding off until Beta, at least. By then, everything "basic" should be in, if not fully working.

>>51033963
>can we add return of reckoning to the OP?
>https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
If I'm the one starting the next thread, I'll make sure to include that and the MEGA link to all the Warhammer books. No idea why the MEGA link got lost.
>>
>>51035037
You can play Warriors of Chaos, yes. It's a major faction.
>>
>>51036177

I can see it now...

Finally after years of work our small team has managed to...

(EA files a lawsuit)
>>
>>51030729
>What are Djinn?

Almost certainly unaligned daemons, or at least spirits akin to the wild spirits of the Kislevite steppe.
>>
>>51036224
Chaos Unaligned needs to be a bigger thing. Most that are described as Undivided are really just Unaligned.
>>
>>51034205
WAR had amazing pvp and RoR is getting there. Despite devs losing themselves a little bit over the autumn where they made siege weapons an integral part of open world pvp its been a great ride so far.
Order has stat for stat much stronger classes which is horribly annoying from time to time as a destro player. Would deffo play order if my guild wanted to switch just for the ease of it
>>
File: trumpbait.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trumpbait.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
>>51035182
Go fuck yourself. You are next reason you Warmachine faggots have bad opinion. You don't even like Warhammer. Shit, you made everyone questioning Geee Dubs called out as ,,,Slav shitposter". You did more to improve their rep and bring people back to abusive husband than anyone. I despise you.
>>
>>51036105
The former is what I prefer as well, but the latter...well, you don't actually have much fluff about Bretonnia interacting with other cultures, beyond occasional trade. It's not like nobles seem to travel often, or peasants either for that matter.
>>
>>51033926

>jezzails
>skaven weapon
>utilized in Araby

When they want they can be really fucking subtle
>>
>>51036498
jezzail technology is actually described as stolen by Skaven from man-things in Skaven book, IIRC
>>
>>51034794
Gotrek & Felix.
>>
File: image_zps3175988c.jpg (171KB, 610x960px) Image search: [Google]
image_zps3175988c.jpg
171KB, 610x960px
>>51036278
>Chaos Unaligned
>Chaos Undivided

What's the difference?
>>
File: araby_dwarf.png (1MB, 610x796px) Image search: [Google]
araby_dwarf.png
1MB, 610x796px
>>51036713
Chaos Undivided is sanctioned by all the gods, or worship Chaos as a unified concept, or worship all of the big 4 equally.

Chaos Unaligned worships no specific god and isn't specifically sanctioned by any of the 4 gods.

For example, most of Norsca and such would be Unaligned Chaos-worshippers, rather than Undivided. Most of the Beastmen, too, I would assume. They all worship Chaos, or variations thereof, or specific daemons or preconceptions related to the various gods, but not specifically any known god out of the four big ones, nor all of them in unison. They're thus Unaligned, rather than Undivided.

>also I made pic related out of pic unrelated
>>
>>51036713
Unaligned doesn't give a shit about Gods
Undivided embraces all Gods equally (the modern version at least)
>>
>>51036528

In the Skaven book, it is said to be an improvement on the dwarven rifles, and actually a very good one at that.

There is also a story about dwarven engeneers not wanting to admit the skaven had outranged them, and standing still while the ratmen sniped them
>>
>>51036769
okay, my bad then
I guess it mixed up with actual historical jezzails in my mind
>>
>>51036498
The jezail is an historical afghan weapon that actualyly existed.

I mean, irl arabs and afghans have less in common than Swedes and Italians, but it's fantasy middle east and they ar rook same.
>>
>>51017112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df44935r_do&t=2m35s
>>
>>51025930
Maybe the dwarf was just drunk?
>>
>>51036785
afghan? I though it was spanish or italian...

and if it's afghan, why isn't it called... afgun?
>>
>>51036769
this is awesome, yes-yes!
dwarfs are such... dwarfs.

>"They are shooting at us!"
>"No, they are not."
>"Urist got his brains blown out!"
>"No, he has not. He is just taking a nap."
>"Look, bullets whistling by!"
>"No, those are mosquitoes."
>>
>>51036554
specifically where?
The horny slayer fucked anything that moved and no elf likes teclis because he walks with a funny shuffle.
>>
Well the historical jezzail became popularly known when Dr watson of sherlock holmes' fame got shot with it and got sent home.
>>
so I'm playing man'o'war corsair, any anons have some tips?
I want to get a big bad ship obviously, what's the fastest way to get cash?. also what do you do when traveling at 4x speed and it takes AGES
>>
>>51027155
Aren't lizardmen supposed to be yes-men with almost no free will? Fun to play as an army, not an individual.
>>
>>51036895
Because bad puns are haram.

Also have this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezail
>>
>>51037017
aren't all RPG character yes-men with no free will to their players?
>>
>>51036929
Teclis fucks human women, who clearly like the idea.
Horndog slayer slays dat half-elf puss.
The druchii kept human bed warmers on that one Black Ark.

These tend to support a view of rare but possible sex for sex's sake.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 1151x1538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 1151x1538px
>>51027746
I love the Vampire Counts because I have always been a sucker for gothic horror and the undead.

It's kinda tied with the Empire as my favourite human faction because I like the cultural and historical inspiration for them. They along with the other human nations also makes for good context for the undead that are not just part of the Sylvania freakshow that actually gets kinda dull.
>>
>>51037119
that's the thing.
Normal elves are creeped out by teclis being a cripple.
>>
>>51037119
Teclis probably gets human tail all the time because elves doesn't wipe their ass with their hand and have personal hygiene. Man, Teclis must be considered one nasty fucker by the elves for getting his dick wet in humans.
>>
Certain Grey Seer and his succesive bunch of Ratogres are among my favourite characters.

He is basically Ice Age squirell gone hilarious evil.
>>
>>51037365
I want to pat Thanquol on the head condescendingly.
>>
>>51037141
warhammer isn't dung era fantasy, anon. early modern people had hygiene.

hell, some medieval people did too. Vikings were known for being very clean and well groomed.

elves still would look at it like a Bad Thing, doubtlessly, but they might care less since it's a dude banging chicks and race-mixing-is-evil types tend to have a blind spot for casual sex with the lesser races' women.
>>
>>51034651

Sounds like you are one of them. They said that 9th isn't warhammer, never aimed to be the next version of warhammer and they will go further from warhammer as times proceeds. That's what they said, not me.

But if you want to go full throat slut on their opportunistic cocks then go right ahead.

Also; Fuck you.
>>
>>51037762
The fact is that what is normal sanitation has always varied over time, but humans generally understand cleanliness and through most of history have practiced things like regular bathing (though 'regular' may have been once a week in some cases).
>>
File: 1481456325576.jpg (149KB, 1197x1601px) Image search: [Google]
1481456325576.jpg
149KB, 1197x1601px
>>51029408
>Byzantine High Elves
Yes please.
They already have a few of the features (like scale armour), you just need to play them up a bit.
>>
File: Araby.jpg (630KB, 1937x1585px) Image search: [Google]
Araby.jpg
630KB, 1937x1585px
>>51033926
Here's have an visual equivalent I've been collecting.
This isn't including miniatures, it's just all the art I could find.
>>
>>51037130
Nah, when he got Lileath's Staff he was magically fixed up. He doesn't look like a cripple now even if he walks like he has an injury leaning on it like an old man.

>>51037141
He's the High Loremaster, brother of Aenarion reborn. Both tell the Phoenix King what's what.
>>
>>51038001
K thnx bye
>>
>>51037762
>race-mixing-is-evil types tend to have a blind spot for casual sex with the lesser races' women

Which Hollywood movie taught you that?
>>
>>51038933
Oh hell, I'm an idiot. Teclis is an Elric rip off isn't he?
I never made the connection between Teclis being a cripple who needs magic potions to function and Elric being the exact same thing.

And Widowmaker/The Sword of Khaine is blatantly Stormbringer too.
>>
File: 198903flyeasterf2-c11-01.jpg (54KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
198903flyeasterf2-c11-01.jpg
54KB, 900x570px
>>51039191
The Gee Dubs didn't have a near-miss-case of Michael-Moorcock-lawyer-rape for nothing.
>>
>>51039180
Real life Spain.
>>
>>51039796
>>51039796
>>51039796
New thread.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.