[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 59

File: image.jpg (112KB, 456x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 456x600px
Warhammer Fantasy General: The sign of Sigmar edition.

>Last Thread
>>50946220

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
So Total War Warhammer is top on steams best sellers list this year (I think tenth) with over a million copies sold, and tons of revenue generated from DLC.

Why the hell isn't GW seeing this as an opportunity to make money by bringing back fantasy? What's there bloody logic? So many video game players getting immersed in the setting.
>>
Another one of the many things I don't get about Bretonnia:

The serfs are all kept in their individual villages, and it's outright stated that there's some inbreeding going on, right? But wouldn't this make them more susceptible to mutation?

Even ignoring that, why wouldn't the lords just move some peasants from village to village every so often to prevent inbreeding? They may think the peasants are inferior and not give a shit about them in warfare, but surely a non-inbred peasant can do better work than one with twitchy fingers and a screwed up face?
>>
>>50989348

Give it some time, GW moves with the same speed as an arthritic snail.

The talk of a second Generals Handbook, selling squares again and the noticeable slowdown of AoS releases tells me something is happening behind the scenes.
>>
>>50989553
The nobles are probably inbred too and don't think of it as weird.
>>
File: 1477910239334.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
1477910239334.png
82KB, 750x835px
>>50989553
I take these as examples of corrupt or tyrant lords, not the nobility as a whole.

Also, there are rules for inbred mutant peasants in Barony of the Damned. You take a flaw and you get an extra Fate Point in return.
>>
>>50989553

I think the birth defects from inbreeding and Chaotic mutations are different things.

Inbreeding may cause mental defects (probably just seen as the village idiot) or miscarriage (not uncommon in medieval times).

I don't think inbreeding cause you to grow a third arm or horns like the winds of magic might.
>>
Anyone tried running an RPG in /tg/'s Endhammer setting? Probably thinking of using WFRP2E or its kickstarted knockoff Zweihander when it's out

Any thoughts, experiences, potential plot hooks?
>>
>>50989924
The defects might be viewed as mutations by the ignorant.
>>
>>50989958

They could but they might not make the connection between the mutations and that the guys Auntie, Mother and Sister are all the same person.

Less extreme defects are probably just put down to them being fuck ugly.
>>
>>50989926
more like Endless Bretonnia Shilling.
>>
>>50990327
What's wrong with that? GW has effectively killed Bretonnia as a product.
>>
>>50989348
>GW
>logic
>>
>>50989104
sigmarites are kawaii

kawaii!!
>>
>>50989104
>>50990423

> Casting of Disco Fever prayer intensifies.
>>
File: 1481516367675.png (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481516367675.png
128KB, 800x600px
>>
>>50990327
Mm. I got that vibe too, but bear in mind that the 'Bretonnian conquests' in Estalia and Tilea are ruled by random sergeants, hedge knights and warlords because all the actual Bretonnian nobles are dead. They have no way of running a central government even with their magic king back. Bretonnia's just as fucked as everyone else, or at least that's how I'd run it.
>>
>>50990372
Subjectively: Bretonnia is a totally bland, standard fantasy faction that injects unneeded "good guy" points into the setting.

Realistically: Bretonnia couldn't stand up to the tide of Chaos any better than the Elves, Dwarves, Empire, and Tomb Kings could.
>>
>>50990538
That's a fairly good way of looking at it.
>>
File: Big_battle02_small (1).jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Big_battle02_small (1).jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Do the Grail Pilgrims in Total War Warhammer look...off to anyone? Seems like a redesign.
>>
>>50991027
I disagree.

Bretonnia also has one of the biggest navies in the setting that you mever see on the tabletop. They take out most of the Chaos Warriors coming their way before they set foot on their soil. Then there are the Grail Knights which are kinda like having a bunch of Captain America's deffending Bretonnia.
>>
Anyone have any of the Mirilton halflings? I'm trying to put together a halfling army without bankrupting myself with boutique models.
>>
>>50991027
Warhammer has always been a heroic setting. If anything in the last army book that Bretonnia had they toned down their heroism.
>>
>>50991090
They look fine, it's the elves that look completely off.

>>50991265
I think he just hates a faction other than Empire and Chaos getting attention. It's endhammer so it's not like it matters, since you can just pick and choose like the regular universe.
>>
>>50991284
I myself love the Empire and Bretonnia. It's cool to me to have human cultures that contrast against eachother.
>>
>>50991333
I like it best when they're bros. Different, but still standing together when it matters.
>>
>>50991027
It's not that they are, but everyone else is taking the brunt of it for them before they have to deal. Only Tilea and Estalia are further from Chaos.
>>
>>50991751
Bretonnia also have to deal with Dark Elf slave raids. It's not like they are living a charmed life compared to the Empire.
>>
>>50991793
Actually capturing druchii alive has to be a rare treat. Torturing a torturer is formidable. Nagash managed, though.
>>
>>50991284
Guy you're talking about here, my own shitty Warhammer post-End Times AU Thing has a Brettonia faction too. I just don't like the way Brettonians are portrayed by their fans, nor that they subsumed an entire wing of an AU I thought was a good idea and were made into, essentially, The Best Faction, like 40kids and their Space Marines.
>>
>>50991823
Outside whatever BL wrote about Nagash's Dark Elves originally they were just visiting and Nagash learnt magic from them.
>>
>>50991843
So your problem is that Bretonnia fans like Bretonnia more than other factions? That's perfectly normal behaviour.
>>
Would Warhamner have survived if the game was focused more as a skirmish warband game opposed to the continual increase of gargantuan rank and file blocks and epic units?

As AoS is now but with the original WHF skirmish rules from 6th edition?

I felt more comfortable and enjoyed playing smaller skirmish games, mordheim, narrative skirmish battles etc.

I am talking in relation to attaining many players and many small sales opposed to a few players with bigger sales?
>>
>>50991927
The meta just made WHFB too much of an expensive hobby to get into for the newbies and the old players already had finished armies.
>>
>>50991843
They seem to attract the HFY faction the most, which is a shame, there isn't much wrong with them.
>>
>>50991793
They get a few things, but not as much as everyone else. The sections of the coast that the Dark Elves and Norscans will raid is relatively small, they have less forest for beastmen to hide in (and most of the forest they do have is watched over by Wood Elves, who will fuck things up every so often but otherwise help keep enemies out), the Orcs are stuck in the mountains and rarely get to raid outside of them, the dwarves only have a small presence in the Grey Mountains, and the Empire is content to only have occasional border skirmishes, since trade with Bretonnia isn't worth losing out on.
>>
File: Damsel.png (1MB, 628x804px) Image search: [Google]
Damsel.png
1MB, 628x804px
>>50991843
I think you're confusing Bretonnian fans with fanboys. We simply like our faction and waited over 10 years for a book that was finished but never released. I like when Bretonnia gets some attention, it's long overdue.
>>
>>50991979
This. It's not that people who like the faction like the faction that's the problem, it's that they do it to the exclusion of any other factions. "In my opinion, I like X better" is not "Objectively, X is better".
>>
>>50991986
I forgot to add - this is probably why their society hasn't collapsed. They're getting enough threats that they can get the Knights Errant to earn their lances and land, but they don't have to subject a fairly one-note army against a serious threat. What few threats they go up against are small enough that they can be kept contained.

And I forgot to mention their Undead presence is really limited, since the Tomb Kings have to travel far to get that far north in general, and Mousilion is the only real bastion of undead and vampires in the area.
>>
File: dts.gif (486KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
dts.gif
486KB, 500x192px
>>50992028
Since when has that ever happened? I've only ever said that Bretonnia deserved more attention than what it got, which was almost none at all. I think you're just pulling that out of your ass to divide the thread.
>>
>>50992037
You make it sound like the knights just sit on their ass.
>>
>>50991850
Later canon has him capturing them and torturing the secrets of manipulating dark magic from them over the course of years.
>>
>>50992253
Well what else do they do? Once they become a Knight of the Realm, they only have to protect their lands unless called by some higher noble for something. Knight Errants and technically Questing Knights do most of the running around.

It's not like they're Space Marines on horses, constantly going from one warzone to another.
>>
>>50991850
They were shipwrecked and captured.

>>50992293
You could say that about every race. What else does a High Elf do but drink wine and wait for a thousand years? It's not like they deal with Dark Elf raids every day. There are plenty of threats for Bretonnia to deal with, and a knight has to earn and keep his position. If not, the king can replace you.
>>
>>50992293
They actually do leave their country. There was that notable crusade when Araby was invading Estalia and Bretonnia came to its aid.
>>
>>50992355
That was thousands of years ago, and Bretonnia is not currently at war. The King had to call a crusade in that case. The last Erranty War was hundreds of years ago.
>>
>>50992383
In the Storm of Chaos cannon they dragged their ass to Middenheim to help beat the shit out of Archaon's invasion.
>>
>>50992383
Technically the last Errantry War was sent to aid the Empire, though I doubt you're going by Storm of Chaos timeline. Louen led the younger knights while Duke Bohemond the Beastslayer brought up the rear with the rest of the army composed of the veteran knights.

Notably King Louen defeated Be'lakor and rescued Volkmar from his prison atop his standard. Unfortunately this was not recounted in the 7th edition Empire book. I can't say I wasn't surprised when it was ignored.
>>
How do I win at WFRP 2e? Which career is the best?
>>
>>50992414
That reminds me, is there any way to see the Storm of Chaos results, before and after GW fucked with them? I've tried using the way back machine with not much success.
>>
>>50992451
>King Louen defeated Be'lakor and rescued Volkmar from his prison atop his standard.

That didn't happen.
>>
>>50992483
There are objectively better careers, especially some of the Basic ones, but there is no 'best' career since there are some that are really great at combat but not so much the talking, or can't heal their wounds.

My advice is think, plan and be bold. And don't be afraid to die or get maimed, or go insane.

>>50992505
I think there was an archive of the old GW site, before they turned it into a store-only page. Not sure if the results were stored there, though. But they did have a lot of fluff, painting and conversion guides, things like that.
>>
>>50992579
No one likes a contrarian shitposter.
>>
>>50992615
that's what a controcontrarian would say!
>>
>>50992615
People don't like a liar who makes things up either.
>>
>>50992579
It was in an after action report written by Gav Thorpe. I don't care if you don't believe it, I can't prove it since the Storm of Chaos site doesn't exist anymore. I just think it was neat and a shame that they ignored it.
>>
>>50992683
I think they ignored it because the Gav summary was shit and made most characters mentioned look like shit.
>>
Bretonnia is a nice place to live because the knights are doing their jobs instead of petty province politics.
>>
>>50992710
I don't care for him as a writer much, it still made me happy to see Bretonnia doing something noteworthy during the campaign while the spotlight was on the Empire.

>>50992735
To be fair they do have their family feuds, though there are a number of people who can come in and stop the shit with a word. Damsels, Grail Knights, anyone with the authority of the King. The only one they could resist are the Grail Knights and that's if you're some kind of retarded fool.
>>
>>50992762
I mostly didn't like it because I was a VC player at the time and Mannfred's stunt made him seem like the biggest retard in the setting. I guess they were foreshadowing the End Times Mannfred with that.
>>
>>50992683
>you juts gotta belib meh

No.
Volkmar broke himself free.
Teclis was the one who defeated Be'lakor.
All Louen did was have his hippogryph fly Volkmar to a temple.
>>
>>50992834
Actually, Be'lakor did all the heavy lifting by resurrecting the dead Volkmar in the first place. That guy has no idea what he's doing and is the butt of all the jokes.
>>
>>50992819
The ending of Storm was...kind of a mess. That was unfortunate to march all that way only to turn back because of a book. An important book, but he may as well have stayed home. At least he massacred Vardek Crom and his warriros.

>>50992834
I said I don't care if you don't believe me. And defeating doesn't equal killing, only forcing him from the field. Teclis dropped the equivalent of a nuke on Be'lakor and his daemonic legion.
>>
>>50992908
Mannfred could at least had his retard size legion of undead start killing his enemies as he gets out of there. I recall that he reanimated all the casualties at Middenheim, and then didn't do anything with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 800x800px
The third party minis for Bretonnia are getting pretty sweet.
>>
IMO the Storm of Chaos' resolution left a lot to be desired, but I don't see the problem with the overall end result being "The Empire has been weakened and an old threat has returned, but Chaos has been repelled once more and things are looking either up or better-than-for-disorder overall".

Of the Order factions only the Elves, Bretonnians, and arguably Empire / Dwarves could be argued to have won (Kislev was horrendously sacked, the Empire was fated to deal with lingering Chaos war bands for some time alongside Mannfred's rise, the Dwarves lost a few named characters, Wood Elves took appreciable damage to Athel Loren)… but of Disorder only Orcs and Vampire Counts came out particularly ahead? The Cult of Slaanesh spelt trouble and internal turmoil for the Druchii (who also failed to take the Phoenix Throne, yet again), the Daemon Legions were BTFO, an Everchosen was smacked down and the bulk of his army broken, the Beastmen did their damage but many were slaughtered in the process, the Skaven failed in most of their objectives and Hell Pit is still a ghost town courtesy of Grimgor, and even the VCs mostly just didn't lose anything by not playing even after they decided to show up.
>>
>>50992969
I believe Volkmar was ready to read the Ritual of Unbinding, so leaving a rearguard would have been pointless. Why was this book was at Middenheim instead of Altdorf? Who knows. Oh wait, Gav and team had to slap together an ending using fan results.

At least it was better than the Nemesis Crown campaign which may as well have never happened in the first place. With all the rewards at stack, of course the Dwarfs won so that nothing changed. High Elves were such a close second that there is no doubt in my mind that they were the true winners, with Bretonnia coming in third or fourth, not sure which.

>>50993042
Nice, I like the crew a lot more than the trebuchet itself, though. Kinda looks like it's made from playdough.
>>
>>50993086
The model does look transport friendly, though.
>>
>>50992908
>I said I don't care if you don't believe me.

And I'm saying you're a liar.

>And defeating doesn't equal killing, only forcing him from the field.

Louen didn't defeat shit. He "battled bravely against the Dark Master" but again, did not defeat him.

>Teclis dropped the equivalent of a nuke on Be'lakor and his daemonic legion.

Yes, Teclis actually defeated him, unlike chickenheart.
>>
>>50993209
If you want to get mad and throw out insults, then go for it. You just look foolish when what I'm saying is how I remember it. Since neither of us have the after action report, or the Storm of Chaos site then both of what we're saying is moot.
>>
>>50993086
Mannfred was close enough to kill a weakend Volkmar himself. Why even bother doing such a huge attentiongrabbing stunt that announces his precense to all his enemies and then go home with his huge horde that no one will fail to spot so that everyone will know he hides in Sylvania?

Then there was Settra putting Nagash's fortress under a siege for thenentire campaign and nothing happened at all because Nagash just ignored him like a small yuppy dog.

Just thinking about it makes me mad at Gav all over again.
>>
File: cat1991bp236brettwm-02.jpg (53KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
cat1991bp236brettwm-02.jpg
53KB, 428x600px
>>50993042
Could have once had all this.
>>
File: cat1991bp237brettwm-02.jpg (45KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
cat1991bp237brettwm-02.jpg
45KB, 428x600px
>>50993369
>>
File: 1482802820297.png (419KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1482802820297.png
419KB, 986x553px
>>50993275
I thought that was pretty funny. Settra had his legions park outside Nagashizzar and barked at him to come out, but wouldn't go inside to get him because he knew he'd get rekt. Then he just went home, I guess.

SoC had so much promise, but like a GM trying to run a campaign for his players but didn't account for all the things they could do, the story fell apart. At least Skaven got some cool things going on like Project: Supremacy. While a failure, it failed in typical Skaven style.

I actually ran a campaign during the SoC where my players stole what was essentially a battery of magical energy, causing the machine in the catacombs of Middenheim to not activate properly.
>>
>>50993252
>If you want to get mad and throw out insults, then go for it.

I will, I won't let bullshit go unopposed.

>Since neither of us have the after action report, or the Storm of Chaos site then both of what we're saying is moot.

You can still find copies of the Loremaster's journal, or old boards posting back during the campaign.
>>
>>50993394
Yeah, it's funny. My real problem was that they set up all this setting and character development that basically didn't amount to anything. Then they just went full status quo preserving until the late 8'th edition.
>>
>>50993439
>>bullshit go unopposed
Sure, your medal's in the mail.

Besides, is the loremaster's journal the same as the after action report? Keep in mind that the AAR was written as a story, not just a rundown of notable things. These AAR's were written once or twice a week, I think, usually after a change in the defences. So believe what you want, I don't care. Not once did I say this was canon that people must adhere to. Should someone post that AAR that says differently then my memory of the event will obviously have been wrong.
>>
>>50993527
>Besides, is the loremaster's journal the same as the after action report?

Yes, it was the daily after action report.

>Should someone post that AAR that says differently then my memory of the event will obviously have been wrong.

It is obviously wrong, you can go right now and find a copy of the loremaster's journal and read all about how on day 46 Volkmar breaks himself free while Louen fights Be'lakor.
>>
>>50993611
>>A solid charge led by King Louen Leoncoeur of Bretonnia scattered the pursuing Chaos forces. In the melee that followed, the Bretonnian King and his knights engaged the Daemonic host of Be'lakor. As Louen battled bravely against the Dark Master, an anguished cry was heard over the battlefield. Filled with inhuman strength, Volkmar the Grim ripped free of the chains binding him to Be'lakor's army standard and laid about the daemons with those self-same enchanted chains. Bloodied but unbowed, Volkmar was carried free upon the back of the King's hippogryph and has been taken to the temple of Shallya in Middenheim.

So he still rescued him, just the details weren't correct. What happened to Be'lakor during this battle? Did he just teleport away from Louen only to be nuked by Teclis? Who knows. All you had to do was post this one snippet instead of going on some personal crusade against someone who had only their memory to go on.
>>
I wanted to run a WFRP game after the Not!SoC, the current Emperor is old, crazy (in part due to age, in part due to grief that his eldest son died) and dying, so the succession is a toss up between his charismatic, Sigmarite younger son and a more experienced, Ar-Ulric supported Count. The other Electors are picking sides in anticipation of the Emperor's death.
Sadly I suck at political, so I don't think I could play the tensions or machinations properly. Not that'd it'd matter that much from a player perspective, I guess.
>>
>>50993821
>So he still rescued him

No, he freed himself.

>What happened to Be'lakor during this battle? Did he just teleport away from Louen only to be nuked by Teclis?

Still don't know much, do you? This was day 46. Teclis would only nuke Be'lakor at the end of the campaign.
This would not even be the last time Louen fought Be'lakor.

>All you had to do was post this one snippet

I already posted the pertinent information in this post >>50993209

>some personal crusade against someone who had only their memory to go on.

Hardly a personal crusade, first I just told you something didn't happen and then you got all defensive.
>>
>>50993926
Having things fly over their heads could be a plus, as they may not understand why Averland votes for the young Prince of Altdorf, or why Middenheim is constantly throwing out accusations of Sigmarite bias. They may have some understanding, but the will of lords, counts and dukes are their own.

It doesn't necessarily need your players to stay at court and roleplay Game of Thrones as best they can, you can have them dig up dirt on candidates depending on who they're supporting. Or make up dirt.

>>50993962
If anything, you seem like the defensive one. Had you posted that right from the beginning then you wouldn't have had this argument. Instead you resorted to an hominem. In any case, Louen flew Volkmar to the temple of Shallya. I still consider that a rescue even if Volkmar broke his own chains. Unless you consider Luke killing the wampa ice monster and being saved by Han from the cold as not a rescue.
>>
>>50994042
>If anything, you seem like the defensive one.

I'm all aggression in this case.

>Had you posted that right from the beginning then you wouldn't have had this argument.

I didn't have it right from the beginning, I just remembered correctly. When I did find it I threw out a quote.

>I still consider that a rescue even if Volkmar broke his own chains. Unless you consider Luke killing the wampa ice monster and being saved by Han from the cold as not a rescue.

Luke was going to die. Volkmar gave no indication that he was going too.
>>
File: image.jpg (718KB, 1600x1295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
718KB, 1600x1295px
So what's up with people shitting on Bretonnia? I find them to be a rather fun addition to the setting.
>>
>>50994159
Misplaced aggression, at that.

Considering that Vokmar was brought to the Shallyan priestesses, and was in incredible agony atop Be'lakor's standard, then I can only assume he needed healing. That snippet doesn't say if he didn't or not, so we have only the assumption. And if you only needed to be patched up you wouldn't seek out the divine.

Unless of course you have more AARs to post, which detail how much or little healing he needed. Remember, he was dead and broken when Be'lakor forced his soul back into his body and was in constant agony.
>>
File: 1480928664886.png (6KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
1480928664886.png
6KB, 252x243px
>>50994243
No idea. I think it's just one or two people who want to divide the thread into shitflinging. Strange since there was a lot of Kangz posting in older threads, despite the fact that Nehekharans fought little else besides themselves for most of their history.
>>
>>50994293
I don't think there is really any faction in the game that is generally disliked. There has been some bellyaching about Chaos getting special treatment, though. But I have never seen any concrete posts about it.
>>
>>50994255
>Unless of course you have more AARs to post, which detail how much or little healing he needed. Remember, he was dead and broken when Be'lakor forced his soul back into his body and was in constant agony.

The very one you posted says that he was bloodied, but unbowed.
He was brought back from the dead and sustained with dark magic.

He was also fighting again in Middenheim a mere ten days later.
>>
>>50994399
Not him, but I figure Volkmar wouldn't be in the best condition after being more or less crufied to a banner for a longass time. It would at least be traumatic and stressful.
>>
>>50994395
Chaos does get a lot of attention, but Empire does as well. The only faction I have a problem with is Ogre Kingdoms, as I think they didn't really need a book. If anything they should have been a mercenary list that could also function as a stand alone army but with fewer choices, like the Kislev booklet.

>>50994399
Unbowed could simply mean he was able to fight despite his wounds for a time. The point is he was brought to the Shallyan temple. You don't go there to chat up the priestesses. Even if he was fighting just over a week later, that could be because of the healing he received.
>>
>>50994484
Well, it would be weird if Chaos didn't get a lot of attention. They are part of that hole to an alien dimension that leaks magic into the mortal plane that makes everything in the setting magical. The setting just wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
>>50994484
>Unbowed could simply mean he was able to fight despite his wounds for a time.

His wounds made him dead.
His wounds were sort of irrelevant at that point seeing as he tore himself free from the standard and beat up daemons using his chains.

>The point is he was brought to the Shallyan temple. You don't go there to chat up the priestesses. Even if he was fighting just over a week later, that could be because of the healing he received.

There are any number of reason to go to a healing temple when you've been killed, reanimated and tortured, but nothing implies he needed healing to survive.
Again he had been brought back from the dead and granted fortitude enough to survive being essentially crucified for weeks and still have the strength spare to break his own chains.
>>
File: 1459366040576.jpg (536KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1459366040576.jpg
536KB, 873x627px
>>50994243
They're my personal favorite faction, because I love their high medieval asthetic and how fun their knights feel on the tabletop, but I will admit they have a few problems. Their army is one-note on the battlefield as GW turned them from 'generic medieval France' into 'generic medieval France with Arthurian themes,' and they cannot take mercenaries to make up for this lack of flexibility - they got the option by End Times, sure, but it was a hollow gesture. This could have been fine if GW had given them enough love over the years, but they didn't seem to want to do much with Bretonnia. Even the RPG only makes them even more French, like 'fuck there's nothing else we can think to add.'

>>50994395
If you can say one good thing about GW, they have a solid foundation. All their factions are likeable enough to either be favorites to play as or at least fun to fight against.
>>
>>50994657
I'm not saying they shouldn't get attention, just that the setting has other antagonists that aren't Chaos. It's kind of a weird effect where one faction gets more attention than the others, which makes them get more attention while the others are left out in the cold. Not that we need all the human factions to have army books, but every army should have had their spotlight moments instead of just a small handful.

>>50994680
It also doesn't imply that he didn't need healing. The point is that he went to the Shallyan temple, and there are only two reasons to go there and I'm sure as hell he didn't end up delivering a baby. Who's to say that the dhar that sustained him didn't flee his body once his connection to Be'lakor was broken and was no longer his standard-slave.

The kicker is that if he didn't need healing then they wouldn't have brought him to the Shallyan temple, they would have brought him to wherever the counsel of war was being held. Even if Ar-Ulric objected he was with Be'lakor for quite some time and may have learned a thing or two about what's going on with the enemy. As it stands he went to the temple instead of directly to the people in charge.
>>
>>50992735
I always kinda imagine that Bretonnia is rather like that Beauclair place in the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC; it's a lot nicer and more "fairytale" like upon first sight but it still has tons of it's own complex internal problems, they just look so different from the Empire's that Imperials who go south look around and think "WTF is wrong with this place?"
>>
>>50994756
I personally liked the Arthurian theme a lot.
>>
>>50994767
>It also doesn't imply that he didn't need healing.

Actually it does. He was the living banner top of Be'lakor, who had shown no interest in having him dead. This implies that he was going to remain alive, perhaps indefinitely, and so was not in immediate need of healing.

>Who's to say that the dhar that sustained him didn't flee his body once his connection to Be'lakor was broken and was no longer his standard-slave.

There was no connection between being a standard and being alive. Be'lakor revived him and put him on the standard, not gave him life via his standard.

>The kicker is that if he didn't need healing then they wouldn't have brought him to the Shallyan temple, they would have brought him to wherever the counsel of war was being held.

Why would they be sure that the fucked up man who had literally been killed didn't need healing?
Louen is not a skilled practitioner of dark magic.

Why would they readily invite the fucked up looking man who had died and was then revived with dark magic and who then spent weeks with an army of daemons to a council of leaders?
That actually seems like it would be dumb.
>>
File: 1476326586295.png (4MB, 1305x757px) Image search: [Google]
1476326586295.png
4MB, 1305x757px
>>50994909
I'm not implying that the standard gave him life, only the proximity to Be'lakor. If Be'lakor could give him life, I'm sure he could just as easily take it away. Again, there are no details saying that this isn't the case so we have only our own assumptions.

>>Why would they be sure that the fucked up man who had literally been killed didn't need healing?
So which is it? Did he need healing or not? The Shyallyan priesthood also deals in both physical and mental healing, no doubt Volkmar would need both after his horrifying ordeal. If he didn't get any medical attention then it would be incredibly suspicious, and Ar-Ulric would have had more than enough grounds to lock up the former Grand Theoginist.

>>Why would they readily invite the fucked up looking man who had died and was then revived with dark magic and who then spent weeks with an army of daemons to a council of leaders?
You mean the former Grand Theoginist, a man who brought the fight to Archaon? If he doesn't need healing, then where else is he supposed to go? He's a fighter and a pious man who had the faith of Luthor Huss, a man who kills corrupt priests in his spare time, and even if a council would be worried he's only one man against at least three people armed to the teeth with both Greatsword and Tuetogen Guard protecting them. He'd hardly be a threat unarmed, even if he was coursing with Chaotic strength.
>>
>>50995044
>So which is it? Did he need healing or not?

What do you mean, "so which is it?"
There was no contradiction, he was obviously fucked up, but that does not mean he needed healing, since he was being kept alive with dark magic, and indeed would be dead without it.
Be'lakors magic was not said to have healed his wounds, merely drag his soul back into his body.

>If he didn't get any medical attention then it would be incredibly suspicious, and Ar-Ulric would have had more than enough grounds to lock up the former Grand Theoginist.

I'm sure he did receive medical attention, my point was that he did not need it to not die, seeing as he already freely existed with fatal wounds.

>You mean the former Grand Theoginist, a man who brought the fight to Archaon?

Archaon himself was once a man of Sigmar. Point is Chaos is very corruptive, and you should not bring a man who was had his shit fucked up by Chaos relentlessly for weeks into the presence of your leaders without thoroughly scoping him out.

>He'd hardly be a threat unarmed, even if he was coursing with Chaotic strength.

He literally beat daemons to death with chains, and survived being crucified for weeks, he was obviously pretty tough and pretty strong, and that's not accounting for the possibility that he could metamorphosize as corrupted people are know to do.
>>
did I do good guys
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/slaves-to-darkness-warriors-/252703578251?nma=true&si=vARasZcwk48Uyaq4OsYKWf0EKPs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

25 au all up for that
>>
>>50995278
Then why get any medical attention at all? Again this is largely moot because there is nothing saying that he did or didn't need it to save his life, nor that dhar was keeping him alive after he was brought to Middenheim.

Does anyone at that point even know who Archaon was? He was said to be a Norscan warlord when Volkmar summoned his own crusade to stop him before he became too powerful. Even if he is dangerous, there are a bunch of people there I'm sure they could forgive Louen for bringing him directly to a war counsel if he had pertinent information. If he turned into a daemon he'd have to deal with King Louen, Emperor Karl Franz, Valten, Boris Todbringer and Ar-Ulric Emil Valgier.

I think we're going to argue in circles here. There is no line saying that he was continually supported by Dhar, as his appearance in the 7th edition book makes mention of his near madness due to his treatment at the hands of daemons, not that he lives due to the power of Chaos. The fact that he's the head of the cult of Sigmar again and using divine prayers indicates that it's no longer the case, so we can assume that this power left him at some point or another, meaning he could die like any other mortal due to his terrible wounds. I maintain that the fact he was brought to the Shallyan temple before anywhere else can only mean he needed to go there. Otherwise he probably would have demanded Louen leave him on the battlefield to reck some more daemons.

>>50995323
Pretty decent, good thing they're not painted.
>>
>>50994484
I was never crazy about the Ogre Kingdom and I have never read their fluff, but they seem to have solid fans as well.
>>
>>50995423
>Then why get any medical attention at all?

Because he looked like he needed it? Or maybe they just didn't give him any and probed him for corruption instead.

>Again this is largely moot because there is nothing saying that he did or didn't need it to save his life, nor that dhar was keeping him alive after he was brought to Middenheim.

Dark Magic was keeping him alive and strong despite him having suffered fatal wounds. There is no indication that he needed healed all of a sudden.

>Does anyone at that point even know who Archaon was?

Not like that matters specifically, everyone knows people can be corrupted despite how pure they may seem to be.

>Even if he is dangerous, there are a bunch of people there I'm sure they could forgive Louen for bringing him directly to a war counsel if he had pertinent information.

Even if Louen thought he should receive healing? Or should be checked for corruption? Or doubted that a flag topper gathered much useful intel from an army of daemons that everyone already knows about.

>If he turned into a daemon he'd have to deal with King Louen, Emperor Karl Franz, Valten, Boris Todbringer and Ar-Ulric Emil Valgier.

That's still not a risk you want to take. The secret service could probably kill a man eating tiger before it got the president, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to let a man eating tiger in the same room as the president.

>There is no line saying that he was continually supported by Dhar

Again he survived weeks crucified to a flag, with a fatal wound in his chest and came out strong enough to break his chains. When he was revived it was said that Chaos taint seeped into his body, and his mind.

>so we can assume that this power left him at some point or another

Maybe at some point, but again he was in no danger of dying if Louen hadn't shown up. He was very much being sustained by dark magic.

>demanded Louen leave him on the battlefield

So he could be captured again?
>>
>>50995662
>>Because he looked like he needed it? Or maybe they just didn't give him any and probed him for corruption instead.

A Shallyan temple is not the place to do that sort of thing. They have no witch hunters or templars, they leave that matter to other temples. They only deal in healing and child birth. Had he not needed it they would have sent him away as there would have been hundreds, if not thousands of men in need of their ministrations.

>>Dark Magic was keeping him alive and strong despite him having suffered fatal wounds. There is no indication that he needed healed all of a sudden.

There's also nothing saying that it would keep him alive and healthy indefinitely. All that's said was that Be'lakor forced Volkmar's soul back into his body. That's it.

>>Even if Louen thought he should receive healing? Or should be checked for corruption? Or doubted that a flag topper gathered much useful intel from an army of daemons that everyone already knows about.

It couldn't hurt to ask. Even victims are questioned by the police, no matter what. They might have overheard something, or seen something, no matter how small. It could have been the same with Volkmar as he refused to give in despite the pain.

>>That's still not a risk you want to take. The secret service could probably kill a man eating tiger before it got the president, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to let a man eating tiger in the same room as the president.

The president shouldn't, and can't, fight a man eating tiger. Everyone in that room, even Karl Franz, would be more than capable of fighting a man without weapons, Chaos power or not.

The third and second last points makes the assumption that he wasn't in danger of dying because of the power of Chaos. It isn't said anywhere if this power stayed with him for a year or five minutes after he was free. If I were Be'lakor, I wouldn't want someone walking around with the strength of a daemon if he weren't under my control.
>>
File: Knights of Leoncour.jpg (73KB, 453x450px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Leoncour.jpg
73KB, 453x450px
>>50995662
>>50995902
>>So he could be captured again?
The forces of Chaos were in retreat. Who could capture him with all the Bretonnian knights scattering the enemy?

In short, there just isn't enough information for either of us to be right.
>>
Is there a mirror for the 3rd edition RPG link in the pastebin?
>>
>>50995948
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ZZwyAACQ
>>
>>50995959
Thank you friend.
Why is that not in the OP?
>>
File: 1467301107_maxresdefault-as.jpg (1006KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467301107_maxresdefault-as.jpg
1006KB, 1920x1080px
>>50995970
Might be an old copypaste.
>>
File: ComeOn.jpg (291KB, 491x700px) Image search: [Google]
ComeOn.jpg
291KB, 491x700px
>>50989348
As a long time Gamer and 40K player, with a large (10+) group of friend playing TWWH because its a fucking good game, There is no way they will stop videogames for tabletop. No way. They are gamer, not interested into anything TG

The mayan apocalypse will come long before thye ever motivate themselves to touch a brush or a grey plastic sprue,
>>
>>50995902
>A Shallyan temple is not the place to do that sort of thing.

Sure it is, they do treatments for all sorts of maladies.

>Had he not needed it they would have sent him away

Again, he's being kept alive by dark magic. He would not need to be healed to stay alive, but does that mean he shouldn't be tended to?

>There's also nothing saying that it would keep him alive and healthy indefinitely.

Actually Be'lakor was planning to "inflict a lifetime of physical and mental torture upon Volkmar" so the revival spell would keep him going for quite a few years at least.

>It couldn't hurt to ask. Even victims are questioned by the police, no matter what.

Usually after getting some kind of medical attention if they're wounded.

>The president shouldn't, and can't, fight a man eating tiger. Everyone in that room, even Karl Franz, would be more than capable of fighting a man without weapons, Chaos power or not.

You're avoiding the point. Your leadership should not be exposed to something potentially deadly unless there's a very good reason. While they might be able to fight good, that doesn't mean they should risk fighting what could well be a living enemy booby trap.

I suppose a more apt analogy would be removing someone from terrorist custody after they had plenty time to be brainwashed, not checking for a suicide vest and taking them straight to the UN leader summit.

>It isn't said anywhere if this power stayed with him for a year or five minutes after he was free. If I were Be'lakor, I wouldn't want someone walking around with the strength of a daemon if he weren't under my control.

If there was a kill switch then he would have used it. Be'lakors magic put his soul back in his body, it did not heal his body, if Be'lakor could simply pull the plug then Volkmar would have died.

They scattered the Chaos forces pursing the Grimminhagen retreat, after which they engaged by the daemonic legion.

>either of us to be right.

No, I'm right based on evidence.
>>
>>50996181
>>No, I'm right based on evidence.

No, you're making assumptions based on one or two lines. Unless there's definitive proof that Volkmar was kept alive by dark magic after he escaped and that it also kept him healthy enough to not need healing, that's what it is, an assumption.

Since all we have to go on is that one piece of fluff then Be'lakor keeping him alive and then fleeing his control would be like taking a person off life support. You're no longer 'keeping' him alive and he will eventually die without it, unless you can put him back on it or find a way to fix whatever is wrong with him. Desiring to inflict a lifetime of pain and suffering on him doesn't mean Be'lakor made him immortal, only that he has the ability to keep someone alive despite their wounds. When no longer with him, Be'lakor has no reason to keep Volkmar alive.

In short, either post some proof to your claims or move on. I don't want to make this thread auto sage because we can't get past one single argument.
>>
>>50989104
greetings from /twg/ its nice to see all you fellas in here keeping the dream alive.
>>
>>50996413
>that's what it is, an assumption.

An assumption would be assuming something changed.
We know he was brought back and sustained by dark magic.
You assume it changed for no reason, I assume it held.

>Since all we have to go on is that one piece of fluff then Be'lakor keeping him alive and then fleeing his control would be like taking a person off life support.

Except that interpretation is not supported at all. He was never described as being hooked up to Be'lakor. Be'lakor merely cast a spell to infuse him with Chaos magic, and that brought him back and supplied him vitality. There's nothing saying Be'lakor had to give him multiple shots, or keep the tap running or anything like that.

>In short, either post some proof to your claims or move on.

You need the proof for your assumption of Be'lakor's kill switch, I'm using the fluff as written.

>I don't want to make this thread auto sage because we can't get past one single argument.

Then all you have to do is admit that you're wrong.
>>
File: 1459181460058.jpg (38KB, 810x543px) Image search: [Google]
1459181460058.jpg
38KB, 810x543px
>>50994905
It's really great, and helps make them feel less generic in a way, but it stripped them of most of the options that they had for infantry and missile troops, because the Arthurian legends and the French romances focus almost solely on knights - or GW didn't care to keep making old models.

There used to be peasant infantry, foot knights, squire bowmen...sure, some of them were pretty crappy, but they could help round your army out beyond knights. And very early on, they even had cannons.
>>
>>50996656
It's one of the problems that happens when an army gets too specialised.
>>
>>50996611
It's called refusing to argue with someone whose mind is already made up. If we're going by fluff that's written then Louen took Volkmar to the Shallyan temple because he needed healing. You have to prove that he didn't. It's not my fault you can't read between the lines.
>>
>>50996886
>If we're going by fluff that's written then Louen took Volkmar to the Shallyan temple because he needed healing.

Nope. If we go by the fluff then he was taken to the Shallyan temple. That's it.
Now I'm not even disagreeing with you that he went there for healing, it's a logical conclusion to send the guy with a severe stab wound and who was brutalised for weeks to get healed.

But did he need to be healed to survive? That's another question entirely. You say yes, because you assume his body can survive the trip to Middenheim without the dark magic, despite the fact it never says he was healed of his fatal wound. You also assume Be'lakor has the power and desire to turn the magic off remotely.

I assume nothing other than people would be suspicious of Chaos taint, which isn't really an assumption given the setting.
>>
>>50989348

I'm bought some 40k models about 10 years ago but it didnt really work out so I abandoned the hobby. Playing TWW convinced me that I should give Warhammer another shot; wanted to try Fantasy/AoS. Of they course they discontinue Bretonnia my favorite faction. Now I'm patiently waiting for the AoS Made to Order and hoping that Bretonnia has some models up so I can start my army
>>
>>50992483
>How do I win at WFRP 2e? Which career is the best?

Knight-Errant is probably the best class for advances, gear, and exits. Its only weakness is no literacy. Go Carcassonne to get the Birth Sword talent which is literally like 2 talents in one...and GOOD ones. Most of the restrictions on knights-errant are down to roleplaying and up to the DM to enforce.

Though you shouldn't be trying to 'win,' and personally if I had a player that I felt was deliberately abusing the setting I'd throw a bog octopus at him and laugh as he drowned.
>>
>>50997424
That might be wishful thinking
>>
>>50997038
They're not assumptions, only possible explanations since there's not enough information to go on. The point is you don't rush someone to a hospital if they don't need medical attention right away. You can take your time if you've broken an arm, even go to a clinic for minor things. But going to a hospital before anywhere else indicates that something needs to be taken care of immediately.
>>
>>50997881

Bretonnia was significantly requested in the 3k comments so im hoping for the best. Worse case I guess I need to go the ebay route or use 3rd party minis
>>
What's established as to the ruling state of Ind? My players in a WFRP 2e game will be going there in a bit and I'd like it more Sikh than hindi, does this violate any established cannon?
>>
>>50992735
>Bretonnia is a nice place to live because the knights are doing their jobs instead of petty province politics.

>Hi, I've never read Knights of the Grail!
>>
File: 1382108669251.jpg (548KB, 1112x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1382108669251.jpg
548KB, 1112x1438px
>>50999058
There's little to no established canon there that I know of, so go ahead and make it Sikh.
>>
>>50989348
When AoS gets a Total War game, Fantasy will come back.

Two steps too late or too early, remember.
>>
File: King Leon Court.jpg (794KB, 1450x1542px) Image search: [Google]
King Leon Court.jpg
794KB, 1450x1542px
>>50991027
Good guys?

Bretonnia is the naive Don Quixote faction.
Their greatest war was being manipulated into fighting Kebab for no reason by Skaven to no benefit. Most Bret stories end in defeat. It was blatant they were pawns of Elves, even if that pawn was not Lileath originally.

They believe they are paragons of good. Grimdark Sigmarines basically.
>>
>>50991927
No.

It would have survived if there was three formats, each a stepping stone into the game.

Mordheim, a skirmish. Warhammer 2-3e, where a whole box of whatever you want to buy is your army and you are playing an ongoing story of your own (see: Bugman's Rangers boxed set). Finally, Fantasy which would be like Apocalypse is for 40k where you ay legitimate battles between armies.

Bait people in with Grombrindal plus four cheap generic Dwarf warriors and one with a gun. Make them stay with a box of Slayers.

Before they know what hit them they have 3k points and want to buy scenery, comics, BL books, the Heraldry book, some Bolt Thrower albums, and are considering looking into Lizardmen.
>>
>>50992710
Gav should write Dwarfs, Ward should write Elves, they should have no input on each other's race.

Ward Dwarfs exist only to lose, Gav Elves are just Eldar.
>>
>>50993070
Take it with the Albion campaign and you have both Dark Elves and Lizardmen becoming part of the Old World.
>>
>>50999633
That Guy from hours and hours ago.

I /really/ like this.
>>
File: 1476134847076.jpg (382KB, 1792x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1476134847076.jpg
382KB, 1792x1343px
>>50999633
Uh, that was Araby. Sultan Jaffar was convinced by the Skaven that the northern Old World was going to invade Araby, so he invaded first. Bretonnia decided to throw an entire generation at Araby in response to their aggression and liberated Estalia before taking the fight to Araby itself.

Bretonnia haven't been straight up good guys since 5th edition. Good, sure, but the armour has a tarnish that came with 6th. Grail Knights, however, are definitely in the good guy camp.
>>
File: 1287703749098.jpg (81KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
1287703749098.jpg
81KB, 600x870px
>>50999633
If there's one thing I liked about ET and the Lileath reveal, it was that the Bretonnians were able to look at the ugly, ugly truth and go 'no, we're our own men, not the pawns you shaped us to be.' Denying destiny and fate is always fun.
>>
>>50999756
>>50999762
Sigmarines and Space Marines are supreme holy warriors, bland in their efficiency and with little backstory because nobody cared who they were until they put on the mask. They struggle, but its futile as their war was lost before it ever began. Who it is that puts their armor on and how they trained to become who they are is only a minor backstory that anounts to what color their armor is.

Brets are a faction of aspirants and kings. Only a small few ever reach that legendary status. Their fate is unlnown; Chaos will eventually win, but how is not known and the feyfolk that weaves through Bretonnia aren't necessarily beholden to the prophesies of other races. In an army you see every aspect of Bretonnia, from smelly horse-kicked dimwit dragging a cart to the young warriors in training to the adepts to the legendary hero to the demigod paragons of light, and even their saintly bones.

The tragedy is that Bretonnia is not the most powerful beings in the setting. They are one of many nations, far behind in technology and lacking in magic as well as without string political ties. Their culture celebrates throwing your life away for ideals and honor, like Slayers with less purpose to theur sacrifice. They are an underdog, but not a flawless hero of one with their wise mentor just using them as meatshields.

This is why Bretonnia is interesting. They are all the best of the posterboy factions, but are far more interesting and don't hog the attention in almost every fucking story in the setting.
>>
>>50999911
Nice quad dubs.

I disagree, due to terrible execution. To me it was similar to Archaon, Mannfred, Tyrion, and Be'lakor. "This isn't everything I thought it was going to be, fuck this and everyone else, I'm going to shit in the pool because i mad."

GW writing now is handwaving any use of the idiot ball with characters throwing childish tantrums. It began in their Horus Heresy books and has gotten much worse. To the point that Thorgrim could find out the Book Of Grudges was first created by Malekith working alongside Snorri, and he'd chuck it out then attack the Emoire while Archaon was invading because of him having rage that the trxt says is justified.
>>
>>50999911
>>Let's get the fuck out of here and hang out with Gilles le Breton and Abhorash.
>>These losers can go to AoS.
>>
File: IMG_1648Small.jpg (54KB, 357x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1648Small.jpg
54KB, 357x478px
>>50999979
>GW saves Fantasy with the Elves who went down with Ulthuan, the Brets and Abhorash with V+I reunited, all the Dwarfs and Tomb Kings, the human nations killed offscreen, the Halflings, Greasus, the old Chaos characters like Aekold and Dechala, and motherfucking Todbringer making it to Lileath's world
With Skarsnik and Gobbla II too.
>>
>>50992253
Just like real knights!
>>
File: 1482658445604.png (174KB, 1794x672px) Image search: [Google]
1482658445604.png
174KB, 1794x672px
>>50999960
I can understand why you'd disagree - the reveal itself is stupid, and it is a little frustrating on top of the other bullshit that keeps getting revealed in a crappy way and ruining the depth of the setting - but I like how Jerrod kept on having to fight with himself and Lileath's mind games, and managed to overcome both.
>>
Hey

A friend of mine is tentatively getting into WHFB with some Dwarfs and I was thinking of joining him with some Skaven. Army building is going to be slow going though.

Is there any edition that is better for smaller scale games?
>>
File: WFB Skirmish.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WFB Skirmish.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51000365
I think most editions have room for small battles and skirmishes. I forget what edition this is for, but this PDF might help you out.
>>
>>51000304
Yeah.

Neat concept, shit execution. Honestly much of End Times reminds me of Gungans from Star Wars, their on-paper info and direction is pretty damn cool. They have a fairly well developed history, neat tech and aesthetics, Tarpals is pretty cool. Then you get the shitty accent, Boss Nass shaking his head like a cartoon character, and the one who must not be named that ruins most of it.
>>
>>51000365
Warhammer Skirmish was a thing. It was White Dwarf material I think?

For smaller armies in actual editions, 1-4 were pretty small size. 1e was basically D&D for armies with however many troops you have, the example game was just five Dwarfs against infinite Goblins.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Ziggurat_of_Doom
You need a DM though.

2e was more of a skirmish game proper. 3e was basically the very first army game fir Warhammer, and strangely enough TW:W borrows a lot from it in how campaigns go.
4e went crazy with magic and models having their own rules instead of being templates.
5e and 6e were pretty similar, with increasing army diversification. 6e encouraged you to have full armies at specific point sizes.

7e and 8e was when army size exploded, and those huge centerpieces and monsters along with hordes were a thing.

AoS tried to be 2e mixed with 8e, and it blended horribly.

T9A seems to be trying to go back to 5e and leaning towards 6e I think, but with rules for everything. KoW is closest to 5e, leaning towards 4e.
>>
>>50999058
>sikh more than hindu
which parts of sikhism?
The parts where they sing paens to shiva?
>>
is this too much swag?, I've mostly completed my unit champ and just am wondering if I've gone too far staring at it now
>>
>>51001475
Swag is like dakka for Wh40k. There is never eunough swag on ye champion, lad.

But seriously, he is fine.
>>
>>51000695
6'th edition had a rules for skirmish games in the rulebook.
>>
>>50996001
There is more to Warhammer Fantasy than the tabletop. That said, at this point, I don't want GW to touch Warhammer Fantasy ever again, because the odds of them actually returning to a non-fucked-up version of the setting, where everything End Times, Age of Sigmar and most of 8th Edition is discarded, is about fucking nil.
>>
>>50989348
>a company so bad it makes EA look good
>ever doing anything right in THE CURRENT CENTURY
>>
>>51001475
As much as I hate the increasingly "epic" nature of the setting towards the end, and actually prefer the much more down-to-Earth absurdities of Warhammer Fantasy, I must say that there is no such thing as too much swag.

Hell, add some bells to the horsecloth and put a wax-candle lantern on his head. Give the horse a helmet shaped like a warhammer, and give the knight at least three extra axes; one by his leg, one hanging from his belt, and one attached sideways on the back of the belt.
>>
>>51001973
EA is still worse than GW and they don't really have the same practise that makes people hate EA.
>>
>>51002049
>any company
>worst than GW
>>
File: Gor Beastfolk of Ind.png (610KB, 460x440px) Image search: [Google]
Gor Beastfolk of Ind.png
610KB, 460x440px
>>50999058
Like was said earlier, there is next to no established canon regarding Ind. The only thing I know for sure is that that there was an account by a traveling merchant, where the local servants threw themselves down in servitude when what was most likely a beastman showed up.

So by all means, make it as Sikh as you want to. Pun fully intended.

In fact, I think that's a pretty cool idea. Making it primarily Sikh-influenced statism with elements of buddhism and hinduism actually sound really interesting, rather than just going for not!Hinduism because it's "lol India".
>>
>>51002074
Hinduism is already a clusterfuck of different believes, there is no harm in going full crazy.
>>
>>50989553
Chaos Mutations and genetic mutations due to inbreeding (which aren't really mutations) are two completely different things. It is possible that inbreeding makes you more susceptible to mutations, but not to any meaningful degree.

You won't grow tentacles just because you're the spawn of your brother's sister, is what I'm saying.

That being said, the Bretonnian peasantry is by-and-large serfs, and serfs are usually allowed to travel or move with permission from their lord or master. While there's likely an element of inbreeding, it doesn't need to be major, and people moving around or settling down likely do happen fairly regularly, just not in any mass amounts.

And with that said, there is no doubt some noble that never ever give permissions or where the land is very "locked down", with very little leeway, with fairly small or isolated villages, with substantional generational inbreeding going on.

>but surely a non-inbred peasant can do better work than one with twitchy fingers and a screwed up face?
The lord's reaction to such a claim would likely be "What ever do you mean? Is that not normal among the peasantry?".

All things considered, on the whole, the average inbreeding among the peasantry is likely lower than in the nobility. There's a lot more peasants and serfs than there are nobles, and most of the time, they can marry or move fairly freely.

Also, you should remember that women are likely under the authority and protection of the oldest man in the house, their father, or their husband. It is likely that they can move more freely, and marry "across the borders".
>>
File: Warhammer-black-knights-of-morr.jpg (56KB, 474x479px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-black-knights-of-morr.jpg
56KB, 474x479px
>>51001475
you've barely scratched the swag
>>
>>51002041
I'm stealing this.
>>
>>51002068
Yeah. GW is mostly just stupid and opportunistic. That's like most companies. I think that a tellemarketing company is a 1000 Times worse than GW by the virtue of being a tellemarketing company.
>>
File: knights-armor-medieval-49[1].jpg (130KB, 781x1000px) Image search: [Google]
knights-armor-medieval-49[1].jpg
130KB, 781x1000px
>>51002041
>As much as I hate the increasingly "epic" nature of the setting towards the end, and actually prefer the much more down-to-Earth absurdities of Warhammer Fantasy, I must say that there is no such thing as too much swag.

It's not like swag is unrealistic.
>>
>>50982918
>To be fair, Sigmar is indeed a warrior god. He even started his own inquisition force.

More information on this? Given that Sigmar was essentially a hyperborean warlord that united the germanic tribes, I find it odd that he would've formed some form of inquisition on his own.
>>
>>51001909
If they do return to Fantasy they will Storm Of Chaos it. Meaning forget it happened and bomf back to status quo.
>>
>>51003217
Last thing he did before setting out. Put a nutcase in charge of rooting out Chaos.
>>
>>50999697
This would have gotten me in so hard..I can just see the alternate timelines where I blow all my money on dryads and treemen then find I dont' get to eat for 3 days.
>>
>>51003244
I hope they not only reset the ramifications of SoC but the whole campain, including Valten.
>>
>>51003244
I don't see them doing this because they have sunk too much money and effort into AoS.
>>
Hi, I bought the Pestilens start collecting because I wanted a screaming bell and warp lightning gun, was cheaper that way.

But of course, huge oval bases. To rebase them correctly, what sizes do I need?
>>
>>51003627
They could rereleas Fantasy while still keeping AoS
>>
>>51003896
Now that would be too good to be true, and as we all know dreams don't come true.
>>
>>51003896
That would be to much stock for their physical stores to hold.
>>
>>51003896

Assuming a fantasy revival, They'd kinda have to unless You want a really rough shoehorning of Sigmarines and Fyreslayers and shit into the old setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1024x728px
>>51004066
I would be okay with if there was a realm parallel with Chaos that inhabits figures of Order fighting against Chaos like some kind of perpetual war in Heaven unimagined by most mortals.

That's what the AoS concept should have been in the first place.
>>
>>51003244
Which would be utter BS. Retconning a retcon by retconning it. It's fucking ridiculous. To me, the status quo is immediately after Storm of Chaos as it were.
>>
>>51004158
I've said it so many times. Had they only left Warhammer Fantasy alone and established End Times/Age of Shillmar as a separate continuity, there would never have been any issues.

The way they salted the earth and shat all over Warhammer Fantasy - there's just no way that was accidental. They went out of their way to render Warhammer Fantasy as confusing, conflicting and unusable as possible, on purpose.
>>
>>51004213
To GW it was not profitable enough, and they felt the players had abandoned them. Which I think did happen to a point, even though it was all the fault of a broken game with a meta tailored to sell overpriced models
>>
>>51004186
Its all capeshit now.

Gork runs so fast he breaks time. Cue reboot.
>>
>>51004398
>Pitch a hissy and fuck shit up because you feel abandoned even if there is a good reason
Archaos is in charge of GW, isn't he?
>>
>>51004830
Lol and the players are grimgor who kicked him in the nuts
>>
>>51001475
needs more bling

he looks too much like a tin man, give that shield some color, or greenstuff him a fancy colored band

good enough for a down-to-earth army, if that's what you are aiming for tho, can't really judge with no reference as to how the rest of the unit looks like
>>
>>51004398
>To GW it was not profitable enough.
To go, "Hey, should we look for a new market? Can we get in on some of this Warcraft action, amp shit up, try to pull on our larger 40k customer base, maybe a simplified ruleset to cater to fans that want to get into this gaming and modeling, but aren't wargamers?" is one thing.

I don't fault them for that. The hate doesn't stem from the mere existence of Age of Shitmar. There are many things we don't like, after all; I don't care about Lord of the Rings, I don't play DnD, I take no interest in the vast majority of /tg/, honestly, even though I consider myself a fan of /tg/ things in general.

The hate stems from what they did to Warhammer Fantasy. Literally none of it was necessary to create Age of Shitmar. They did it either to spite fans of the setting that questions decisions GW makes, or to somehow 'force' fans to move on into Age of Shillmar. They attempted to ignobly retire the entire setting and salt the Earth as to render it useless, needlessly confusing (since End Times/Age of Smegmar would undoubtedly seep onto Wikis and such) and unsalvageable.

That's what pisses people off. Had they just put Warhammer Fantasy on ice, saying that it's unfortunately just not something they consider profitable enough at present, and established End Times and Age of Sigmar as a completely separate continuity, with a clean break from Warhammer Fantasy (far cleaner than the break between Warhammer Fantasy and 40k) people would be sad to see Warhammer Fantasy be put on ice, but at least people wouldn't feel like GW was pissing them in the face on purpose.
>>
>>51004798
I think Gork and Mork are one now under the name of a beloved specialist game.
>>
I used to play 40k and have been getting back into it. I was on the GW website and was browsing through the fantasy section. What the fuck is happening in your guys system? Can I get an explanation?
>>
>>51005008
The setting is dead and game is dead. It's now rebooted as a skirmish game in what's basically a Korean MMORPG setting.
>>
>>51004958
Ya and the shelf space argument seems kind of silly since all the models are compatible. I didn't mind the rules being more simple but they just went in such a different direction with EVERYTHING. The only thing that is going to make a table top game popular or successful is having people play it in game stores. People come in and see it and they want in. Unfortunately fantasy players were driven into their basements/studies/friends house a long time ago
>>
>>51005030
So there are no more armies or anything?
>>
>>51005008
Setting became He-Man

Ruleset was vastly simplified and can not compare in any way to old WFB.
>>
>>51005008
Welcome to our mourning. We are but a rag tag band of rebels now.
>>
>>51005045
Everything from the old setting is either removed or rebranded.
>>
>>51004861
Isn't that TMS and Raging Heroes?
>>
>>51004958
To be fair, they did try an MMO once. It did badly.
>>
>>51004974
Greenforce, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>50994484
What was wrong with OK? Gave us a lot of cool east of the Worlds Edge fluff.
>>
>>51003869
https://mega.nz/#!bJA1BZQQ!H8WjG-CwwWYxoo9e0tfdFGaGnhebHS9vEZiY7nEBQJA
(not mine, in case it wasn't obvious)

Screaming bell - 60 x 100mm
Warp lightning cannon - 50 x 100mm
>>
>>51005129
It did well at launch and it's failure wasn't on the strength of the Warhammer brand it was EA/Mythic mismanagement and the nature of MMOs in 2008.

WO:AoR used the setting well and had some decent concepts. It was just rushed out and by the time it was fixed/stable had some end game content people had moved on. trying to compete with WoW just before a major expansion was also a terrible decision.
>>
>>51005181
Not him, but OK always seemed like a Dogs Of War faction forced awkwardly into being a full army.
>>
>>51005060
>>51005089
This sounds awful. Why didnt they just introduce these new rules as a new version of Mordhiem?

What happened to the Lizardmen?
>>
>>51005230
I'm gonna guess that it was a cynical concept based on market research and focus groups,

Lizardmen fucked off to space. Everything except the Slann is dead and they are now magical holograms that bleeds anti Chaos acid.
>>
>>51005210
Point is, GW saw it as advertising and minor revenue. It didn't do the first well, and the latter was for a short time.

They probably thought TWW would be the same. Just a cheap squeeze of revenue out of a setting that they were in the middle of converting into a new IP, nothing wrong with it since it wouldn't increase model sales much anyway.

They look at everything not models as just advertising.

Too bad we never got more licensed Warhammer music or that game show though.
>>
>>51005259
No, Lizardmen are Daemons of good made from the memories of the Slann who landed their spaceship pyramids in the physical manifestation of Light magic, then turned it into Lustria 2.0.

Wait, fuck, that's the same thing. Never mind.
>>
>>51005230
It would still suck as a new version of Mordheim. Simplified rules aren't a bad idea but to kill all of the lore and simplify it to 4 pages is too much.
>>
>>51005302
Whoa whoa whoa what?

I was going to make a joke about how it doesn't matter anyway since fantasy is just occuring on some shirty backwater planet in 40k anyway, but did they officially make the Lizardmen Slann the same as the 40k Slann?
>>
>>51005260
Oh I agree that GW fucked it as GW do. I just wanted to say that it WASN'T Inherently bad, as in it could have be fucking grand.

But that general line seems to be GW and its video-games/other products. Look at Black Industries, everything they made sold super well. Its gets shut down right after first ed Dark Heresy for some crazy reason. Same with WH... The list of shit theyve fucked up is endless they don't seem to understand the nature of the markets they are working in, at all.
>>
File: IMG_0921.jpg (77KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0921.jpg
77KB, 600x620px
>>51005324
AoS would just basically be pic related.
>>
>>51005392
Do you know if Gorechosen is any good?
>>
>>51005367
No. Despite ET implying connections to 40k, AoS is so sterile and latgely devoid of implications or a setting broader than posterboys that its just 40k Fantasy.

That being said, 40k was never in the same universe.
>>
>>51005367
Lizardmen has been Lovecraftian reptile aliens for quite a while now. Apparently their pyramids were spaceships.
>>
>>51005404
No clue, sorry. Ask the AoS lot.
>>
>>51005427
It works best as a multiverse, there are commonalities and some drip through because lol-Chaos-warp but otherwise separate universes
>>
>>51005462
It makes Blood Bowl make sense that way, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 600x505px
Anyone wanna talk about Warhammer instead of AoS?

There is an AoS thread where Carnac will be happy to answer all your lore questions or the 1d4chan article.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 374x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 374x501px
>>51005462
My logic is that all editions are their own separate universes.
>>
>>51005374
GW knows that if they license the IP to someone else, that second company eats the risk and investment while they only get profit.

But anytime something is a success, they want to jump in and claim it themselves. Look at what happened with FFG. I would not be shocked if GW looked at the success of TWW and said "call Sega, tell them to fuck off and cancel the DLC, we're making an in-house game now". Then we get another Doom Diver Angry Birds ripoff.
>>
>>51005427
>40k was never in the same universe.
That's wrong. You can say that it isn't, and be partly right, and you can say that it was never confirmed, but you can't say that it *never* was in the same universe/multiverse.
>>
>>51005462
That said, End Times/Age of Smegmar really deviates from anything and everything that could put the settings in the same multiverse, though. Even the Warp is completely different. It's part of what shits all over the fluff.
>>
>>51005555
Nice quads. Fair point.

Wasn't there something once where 40k was on the shelf of a wizard in a snowglobe or something?
>>
>>51005516
Good idea, makes 8th work band gives you a bit off for lore

>>51005471

I'm ignoring any fluff from the new edition, but yeah it does. Instead of the end times and warp shit everyone just liked a nice game of football and peace reigns eternal

And just think, that means Pratchett stole a gw idea for once (Jingo)
>>
>>51005484
Dear Mr Carnac

Fuck off.
>>
>>51005593
I don't think there is new BB lore. Just Jim and Bob jokes.

>>51005484
Anyone playing T9A? I have listbuilding questions.
>>
>>50995959
Does anyone know where one might score the pdf for the WFRP 3rd ed Enemy Within campaign? The actual physical box is unobtanium now, but the campaign book was in pdf form on FFG website, so surely it must exist?
>>
>>51005374
>they don't seem to understand the nature of the markets they are working in, at all.
We are talking about a company that, when realizing that "the IP is our strongest, most valuable asset", proceeded to scrap or overhaul their IP:s in an effort to copyright as much as possible, rendering their IP:s both unrecognizable and unappealing to varying degrees.

These are not clever people.
>>
>>51005613
No seriously. I think the AoS general accepted Carnac as one of their own and he thrives over there.
>>
>>51005628
The statement wasn't meant in incredulity, merely an observation.

Occasionaly I just sit and think about their decisions and it boggles my mind how they came up with them.
>>
>>51005623
I have no idea why you'd want it, WFRP3 was an abortion and an abomination. But here you go, literally third result on Google: http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1426167893
>>
>>51005672
Oh, I didn't mean to criticize. I don't get it either, is all I'm saying. I honestly cannot fathom half their actions. Some I can attribute to malice (such as the way Warhammer Fantasy was destroyed) but on the whole, I can come to no other conclusion than that they are fucking morons.
>>
>>51005628
Hilarious because half the new names are not copyrightable.
Aelf has been used many times before.
>>
>>51005682
Anon delivers, thanks. I swear i googled around, guess i'm an idiot for missing it.

As for the edition; yes yes, i know i know we're supposed to pretend it doesn't exist. But i'm in the camp who likes both 2nd and 3rd editions. Mainly because i got some WFB/Boardgaming chums of mine into WFRP and RPGs in general with it, due to it sharing the ballpark with boardgame components and such and thus being an easy transition.
>>
>>51005619
Oh that's good.

Tbf I'm sure it's fine but I'm upset by the new Dwarf team models
>>
>>51005816
I thought only Human, Orc, and Skaven teams were out?
>>
>>51006077
Not sure if released but been previewed

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/blood-bowl-dwarf-team-miniatures.html
>>
>>51006077
There's been shots of the dwarfs for a while. They are not yet released. They're ok I'm not a fan of the very angular and flat bits.
>>
File: IMG_0928.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0928.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
>>51006146
>>51006149
Huh. I don't hate this.
Not super thrilled, but its okay.
Not gonna buy it, but not gonna mock anyone who does either.
>>
File: whfrp3 is this shit.png (1MB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
whfrp3 is this shit.png
1MB, 600x578px
>>51005786
Throw something hard at them for not appreciating the gospel of the one true way to play warhammer fantasy roleplay, and instead have turned down the false path of pic related.
>>
>>51006146
Hahaha, oh wow, what the fuck did they do to the Blood Bowl dwarfs? Must everything look Age of Shitmar-awful now?
>>
>>51006237
Those are totally not Duardin.

They look like Hammerers and a crazy Coolminiornot-style Slayer. I kind of like how his beard is so long that it is how he attaches to the base.
>>
File: IMG_0927.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0927.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
>>51006265
>>
>>51006192
>>51006237
That's the thing they look so fucking generic and not Warhammer it's not even funny.

All fantasy is Warcraft or Dota these day's. Sigh
>>
>>51005530
>Look at what happened with FFG.

They took on a mega bucks star wars license and stopped producing warhammer content?
>>
>>51006283
They look like they have a bunch of edges that makes them look uncanny cartoony.
>>
File: IMG_0929.jpg (80KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0929.jpg
80KB, 873x627px
>>51006359
They don't look anything like Warcraft, I'm not sure what DOTA is though.

I get your point, old minis looked like their armor was realistic whereas these definitely don't. But they aren't ridiculous like everything we have seen for AoS.
>>
>>51006453
My only beef with them is that I prefer realistic or traditional armour.
>>
>>51006453
Very cartoonist in style and the paint job doesn't help
>>
>>51006546
It's sports ball armour.
>>
>>51005530
To be fair though, FFG had no idea what they were doing. They misunderstood the themes and ideas of Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy from the get-go, and it became increasingly apparent that they had no idea how to reconcile the base rulesets that people adamantly wanted, with their own preconceptions and ideas as to what constitutes a good roleplaying game, i.e. partly board-game-y high adventure.

Meanwhile, this worked extremely well with a much, much bigger IP, Star Wars, which is all about high adventure in a space operate setting, and readily embraced the ruleset they originally tried to push onto Warhammer Fantasy, and failed miserably.

The last straw was really their attempt to revamp Dark Heresy, which ended with the fans rejecting their ideas, and FFG throwing the baby out with the bathwater, backpedaling on the whole beta trial that had been going on, and just going back to a system entirely based on Only War, proceeding down the same path that had been an issue ever since they took over the Warhammer RP IP:s.
>>
>>51006640
I wish BI had kept going, I feel deathwatch and rt would have benefited greatly.

Plus they were great guys and the forums were a hub of creativity for wfrp
>>
>>51006640
>Warhammer RP IP:s.
Licenses. I meant licenses.

>>51006453
>They don't look anything like Warcraft,
I dunno, man, it looks like the same angular-shaped cellshaded shit that's been going on in gaming for quite a while now, bright and clear. The reason this is called a Warcraft style is because one of the first and certainly biggest games to use this was World of Warcraft, and it has spawned countless look-alikes since then, whether we're talking DotA or LoL, even going so far as to infect things outside of PC gaming, such as Shitmar and now Blood Bowl.
>>
File: IMG_0932.jpg (67KB, 547x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
67KB, 547x487px
>>51006546
see
>>51006603

The old minis didn't have realistic armor either.

Now I do understand. You want the really squatty, huge belly Dwarfs with horny viking armor. I prefer those too.

But like new Hammerers, these aren't bad minis. Unlike Fyreslayers, Sigmarines, Khorne Spikefuckers, and the Quest Elfdar minis which are pretty shitty.

I do like the new Skaven though.
>>
File: IMG_0934.jpg (43KB, 519x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.jpg
43KB, 519x447px
>>51006706
Warcraft Dwarves look like Dwarfs in pauldrons though.
>>
>>51006713
Those are fairly good yes

>>51006737
See
>>51006706
>>51006600

It's not specifically Warcrafts dwarves but that cartoonist brightly done chunky armour that is the Warcraft aesthetic
>>
Which piece is the best music in Total War: Warhammer to you?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9s1kLVoKRu75M9_yatXeBRq7owbsT369
>>
>>51006790
>cartoonist brightly done chunky armour that is the Warcraft aesthetic

6e babbies.
Warhammer is well know for it's cartoonish minis and bright paint schemes.
>>
>>51006600
well ots just an historical armour ""paintjob""
>>
>>51007034
6'th edition was the best looking edition. Everything after that era was a mistake.
>>
>>51007034
Mate I've been playing since 94
>>
>>51007112
The 6e Strigoi models sucked.
The 8e Strigoi Ghoul King mini is great.

Battle For Skull Pass is the best starter set, and it was 7e.

I'm sure there's other examples but those are the most immediate to me.
>>
File: 1464746493.jpg (342KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464746493.jpg
342KB, 768x1024px
>>51007112
6e was a mistake.

>>51007147
Then you should be ashamed to conflate bright and cartoonish with warcraft.
>>
>>51007176
Fair points. The Strigoi was a concept from the 6'th edition, though.
>>
>>50989565
>Selling squares

Wait what, elaborate anon.

Let's be honest, GW's 9th ed would be shit, but fuck me I'd play just to get Fantasy back again.
>>
>>51007366
Oh yeah. Which may be why the 8e model is so good, it looks like the 6e art.
>>
>>51007551
The new AoS starter set is just Island Of Blood repackaged with new lore. It has round and square bases both in it.
>>
>>51007624
I always thought that 6'th edition art translated terribly to plastic minis and almost everything released in the 8'th edition has looked like shit.
>>
>>51006713

I'm thinking of buying the box just to fluff them as Gutter Runners or revamped warlords
>>
>>51007968
Mordheim warband
>>
File: Endrin.jpg (96KB, 612x458px) Image search: [Google]
Endrin.jpg
96KB, 612x458px
>>51007034
>cartoonish minis
Not that type of cartoonism.

>bright paint schemes.
Nothing wrong with bright paint schemes, nor has anyone suggested that there was.
>>
>>51007643
And Shitmar models. Stop shilling.
>>
>>51008185
>And Shitmar models.

It's repackaged Fantasy models only, there's no new Sigmar models.
>>
>>51008212
The box even comes with square bases.
>>
>>51007968
Good, good. Suck that GW cock long and hard and good. Maybe they'll reward you with another beating like you deserve.
>>
>>51008185
Shitmar is Sigmarines, Khorne Liefelds, Mirrordwarf-frawdrorriM, and Bug Elves.

Those are High Elves and Skaven.
>>
File: cannon.jpg (26KB, 248x329px) Image search: [Google]
cannon.jpg
26KB, 248x329px
>>51008434
Or Made To Order.

Sure its still a cock up the ass, but buying some of those secondhand is like pic related.
>>
>>51008434

>implying I'll buy them from GW and not one of the thousands of fb sellers
>>
File: 220.jpg (137KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
137KB, 612x792px
>>51008122
I'm not the only one to think Jackson's Thror's beard was cool here, right?
>>
>>51008483
Ebay prices combined with prices has actually made GW the cheaper option for me. I'm so glad that I picked up a few Empire metal minis before prices went insane on ebay.
>>
>>51008694
This.

Some things have gotten much cheaper, especially rank and file plus oldhammer for some armies, but the prices on some things is insane. Especially characters.

>$60 for Thorgrim's throne, no Thorgrim or bearers
>It sells
>>
>>51008783
It's even worse with Bretonnia and Tomb Kings. I have been thinking of building my own Bretonnia army using historical miniatures and other third party minis just because it's a lot cheaper than ebay.
>>
File: 1464097610283.png (347KB, 457x570px) Image search: [Google]
1464097610283.png
347KB, 457x570px
>>51008434
>if you so much look at something GW does without nothing but disgust you're as horrible as the babies who think GW can do no wrong

Fuck you, dude. It's like someone burned your house down, and you're still so mad about that that you're refusing to salvage the wreckage or build a new house because it might give your arsonist a chance to burn something again. You'd rather just sit there in the ashes and not even attempt to do anything aside from not ever giving that arsonist a damn chance.

GW isn't going to die just because you adamantly refuse to buy their products. All you're doing is starving yourself out of what little good GW might produce, or what fans might be able to make out of crappy miniatures. You aren't even suggesting good third-party minis they might go for instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (385KB, 803x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385KB, 803x1280px
>>51008884
I'm pretty sure he is the shitposter that they call the slav. All he does is crudely shitpost about shilling and people being a slave to GW or something. He never has any interesting input and he might as well just be a bot. Just ignore him.
>>
File: IMG_0939.png (905KB, 1080x1640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0939.png
905KB, 1080x1640px
Anyone know a good proxy for Sienna, the Wizard from Vermintide? I have one for all the others.
>>
>>51007176
My FLGS has like 7 battle for skull pass boxes. Really wanting to grab one or two
>>
File: 3.jpg (174KB, 1600x721px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
174KB, 1600x721px
>>51006453

> Buying that tripe instead of these.
>>
>>51009066
Fucking hell, you lucky shit. In 2009 they were damn impossible to get for a fair price.
>>
>>51009142
Scibor, right?
They're good.
>>
>>51009167

Russian Alternative. They're the guys that make all the Chaos Dwarf stuff.

Apparently though they're a bit taller than GW Dwarfs.
>>
>>51009207
New release? I like their female orcs and their orc BSB.
>>
>>51009225

I don't think they're that new, they're working on some with shields though I think.

If they made some warriors I would probably substitute them for my whole army.
>>
>>51009021
Don't think there's any

With enough skill and a clever paintjob, you could turn any "girl in dress" model into her, greenstuffing the hair and giving her a bright wizard staff

Too obscure to be easily proxiable
>>
>>51009497
Yeah. I've been looking, but that cage neck thing seems exclusive to GW Fire Wizards, and all those are dudes with long facial hair who are OOP and pricey secondhand.

My Salty is the Reaper Gravedigger.
>>
File: Fimir+Attack[1].jpg (74KB, 741x547px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir+Attack[1].jpg
74KB, 741x547px
Are there such things as human-Fimir hybrids? Do those unions produce full-blooded Fimir? If so, can other intelligent races produce full-blood Fimir? Are there even female Fimir?

Working on a WHFRP campaign for reference
>>
>>51008884
Yes, keep on shilling. What does GW pay these days?

>>51008959
Nope, I create most of these threads.
>>
>>51009769
I think there is a kind of hag Fimir, but they are typically mot fertile.
>>
>>51009769
>>51009818

Aren't all Firmir a kind of hybrid? Don't they use humans in their normal life cycle?
>>
>>51009769
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimir

Yes to females. No to halfbreeds, all Fimir children are Fimir because that's how they reproduce.
>>
>>51009811
Bullshit, I make about 1/3 of them.
>>
>>51009865
I think only the males are fertile and they do seem to rape other humanoid females for reproduction.
>>
>>51009769
>Are there such things as human-Fimir hybrids?

No.

>If so, can other intelligent races produce full-blood Fimir?

Probably.

>Are there even female Fimir?

Yes, they're in charge, but infertile.
>>
>>51009894

I never really gave it much thought but since each generation doesn't look more and more like a human, I guess that would make Firmir like a parasitical seahorse or some shit.
>>
>>51009866
Oh shit, Fimir are coming to AoS as "Fimiarchs".

That may be the one positive thing about AoS.
>>
File: IMG_0951.jpg (152KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0951.jpg
152KB, 640x640px
>>51010002
Never mind. They gave it stupid armor.
>>
>>51010073
That one is supposed to be an army general, though.
>>
>>51010104

It doesn't really suit them though. They should have looked a bit more cobbled together. They spend all their lives in swamps and don't seem to make anything of value, they pray on isolated communities.

Since nobody in AoS seems to know what a farm is though, this probably wouldn't work so now they have 'nobles'.
>>
>>51010141
I dunno. You can find metal ore in mires and other places that doesn't require mining. It's not out of the question that they could do some metalwork living out in the wilderness.
>>
>>51010141
>They should have looked a bit more cobbled together.

But they never have. The only thing FW added are back plates.
>>
File: 99550299055_Fimir03.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99550299055_Fimir03.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>51009769
Fimir reproduce by raping other species. There aren't any hybrids, because all the children are full fimir no matter who the race they're mating with is.

In WFB, they ended up taking a very small, backseat position in the lore, as spurned former servants of Chaos that now only live in isolated parts of the old world.

>>51010002
Forge World had been selling them already, I think.
>>
>>51010208

Well they've always had some form of forged weapons in their belly plates but that looks too intricate with its gilding. I like the helmet though, it's almost an exact copy of the Matriarchs from the first sculpts.

>>51010223

I'm only walking about that one model. The other three are good, one even has stolen armour from a Knightly Order. The above model is just too symmetrical.
>>
>>51010268

At one point it was also implied they were the chosen race of Chaos before humans.
>>
File: image.jpg (524KB, 1278x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
524KB, 1278x920px
A fun fact about the Fimirs are that they were kinda intended to be one of the signature races of Warhammer that was gonna make it stand out of from the other generic fantasy settings. Then I guess the rape made things awkward and the minis had shitty stats for ogre sized minis.
>>
>>51010352

I remember Priestly talking about that. Bit of a shame really, they had a lot of potential. I always liked their swamp/marsh theme. It made them seem primordial.
>>
>>51010310
>The above model is just too symmetrical.

Nothing says fimir are unsymmetrical.
Look at their old models and you can see they had their own armour.
>>
>>51010208
Or in the likely AoS explanation one of them ate a wind of magic and became a god changing their entire race.

Or they come from a planet of metal like Magic The Gathering.
>>
>>51010386
Also more interesting than WoC and Beastmen.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 616x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 616x785px
>>51010386
Yeah, they did seem awfully thoughtful for something that was basically supposed to be one of the marketable mascot races for the setting.

I do think that they were based on Celtic legends. This was back when Games Workshop developers gave a shit about real world history and mythology.
>>
>>51010472
Can we show our respect to based Priestly and meme magic Fimir into popularity?
>>
>>51010399

They were symmetrical because they worse next to no armour except a belly plate, a helmet or rags.

>>51010472

Yeah they seem to be Celtic or perhaps Old English with the marshes since a lot of fairy tails took place in marches and fog. Their armour always had a Ancient Greek inspiration though I think.
>>
>>51010526

tales* (I'm talking about will-o'-the-wisps and stuff)
>>
>>51010526
Celtic Formorians.
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 751x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 751x800px
Here is the article I read that went into the history of the Fimirs. I should warn that it gets retarded and soapboxy towards the end when the author vomits political opinions out of nowhere towards the end.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/2014/04/07/bizarre-bestiary-fimir/
>>
>>51010526
>They were symmetrical because they worse next to no armour except a belly plate, a helmet or rags.

Look.
>>51010352
>>51010472

Symmetrical pauldrons.
And yes, obviously Fimir fitted helmets, showing that they can forge metal.
>>
>>51010526
>Fimir are a fantasy race created by Graeme Davis and Jes Goodwin at the end of the 1980s for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP) and the 3rd edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (WFB).

>The Fimir were created at the behest of Games Workshop's then-owner, Bryan Ansell who wanted a race "to be as distinctive of Warhammer as the Broo are of Runequest".[2] However, the Fimir did not prove popular, and disappeared with the 4th edition of WFB, although this did give them time to make a guest-starring appearance in Milton Bradley's HeroQuest.

>Original concept sketches of the miniatures made by Jes Goodwin represented human-sized creatures and the published characteristics of the Fimir reflected this fact. However, when Nick Bibby started to sculpt the Fimir miniatures, he made them ogre-sized, leading to them being disproportionately weak for the size of their figurine in WFB. It was officially decided that this was the fault of the authors. Ultimately, WFRP was published with Fimir, but the race disappeared from the next edition of WFB.

>Another theory as to the disappearance of the Fimir is due to the change in focus of GW's marketing. As 3rd edition drew to a close the focus became less on the older gamer and more towards the mid-to-late teens demographic, and as such it may have been thought that a race which reproduced via rape was not appropriate for the new target markets.

>In August 2016, a Fimiarch Noble miniature was revealed to be released by Games Workshop's Forge World division.
>>
>>51010600

Mate if you like the model then good for you. I don't like it though, now can you stop being so butthurt?
>>
File: Fimir Balefiend.jpg (105KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Balefiend.jpg
105KB, 852x1136px
FW's not done with them yet.
>>
>>51010624
>I don't like it though

Because it's too symmetrical - while Fimir have never actually been asymmetrical - and because Fimir can't make armour - even though they always could.
You can not like it, but you shouldn't give retarded reasons
>>
File: Fimir Matriarch.jpg (153KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Matriarch.jpg
153KB, 852x1136px
>>
>>51010728
Bretty gud. Shame I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>51010735

I didn't say Firmir couldn't make armour, I said it was too intricate. I said the helmet was almost a copy of the ones they had in 3rd edition.

Instead of bickering like a bitch I'm also contributing to the thread with new models.
>>
>>51010624
We weren't arguing your personal taste though, with respect to you. It was about lore/model match.
>>
>>51010791

I just can't be arsed to argue with that autist.

I still stand by my comments. Look at all the art, none have that much armour on but it doesn't keep me awake at night. If people like it then power to them.
>>
>>51010728
>>51010745
If it isn't ridiculously priced I may buy a Meargh.

Is it just me, or do Fimir seem like a race that could cooperate with other races that aren't Chaos in a neutral way? Like TK, Ogres, or Dogs of War.

Especially Dwarfs and greenskins. Lots of goodies to trade and need for soldiers, no females to rape so negotiation is simple.
>>
>>51010780
>I didn't say Firmir couldn't make armour,

You said they make nothing of value.

>Instead of bickering like a bitch I'm also contributing to the thread with new models.

Fimir aren't new models.
>>
>>51010834

They might work for slaves but that's probably more in the Orc, Chaos Dwarf and Warrior domain.
>>
New thread: >>51010848

NEW THREAD: >>51010848
NEW THREAD: >>51010848
>>
>>51010834
Well, in Age of Sigmar they are aligned with Destruction which are mostly greenskins, trolls and ogres.
>>
>>51010851

They don't really make anything of value, or we haven't seen anything. I remember saying somewhere that the Matriarch lives in a stone ziggurat or something. No artists or musicians though. They're akin to Spartans.

I mean those unfinished FW sculpts I posted.
>>
>>51010826
I'm none too bothered because I prefer more options. I hate lore that says something can only be one way, the posterboy way. Gav killing Chaos Elves for example, it pisses me off that it was killed because it didn't fit his vision as if it was the only one.

While I too prefer them looking more savage, an optional model for a more refined one doesn't bother me as long as the savage ones aren't removed in favor of it.
>>
>>51010868
We're only on page 5, you pillock.
>>
>>51010898

Well exactly, if people like it then I won't lean over the table and snatch it off them but I won't be buying one.
>>
>>51010888
>They don't really make anything of value

They can clearly make armour.
That has value.

>I mean those unfinished FW sculpts I posted.

Those are months old.
You're not bringing any new information.
>>
>>51011026
>>
>>51009769
Fimir reproduce by raping kidnapped women. The females are sterile
>>
>>51010104
It's actually just a command for the normal fimir, like a champion in a command
>>
>>51011067
Nice rebuttal.
>>
>>51003896
I can see a Fantasy boxed game happening. Maybe Brettonia VS Tomb Kings or something. Maybe like the HH boxes work; 2 teams in each one happening at different points in the world that was. Call it Total War Warhammer: Tabletop or something.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.