[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC's doing their job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Hey /tg/, there are a ton of threads of "that guy" type shit. Thats all well and good, and shows behavior to avoid, but that gets old. Lets get some personal experiences of times that PC's were awesome, where they got one up on the GM and it worked great. Classic greentexts are acceptable as well as anything you in specific did or saw happen.
I'll start:
>Be me, fighter in D&D 3.5
>Long term group, DM is reasonable with the rules and provides great descriptiveness as well as a capable artist so we occasionally get awesome landscapes of new areas and stuff.
>New scene opening into a cliffhanger (literally as you will see in a moment.)
>We are pretty powerful PC's so we have a literal army at the BBEG's doorstep
>Doorstep is straight out of LoZ:OoC, but rather than the castle floating, it sits on a pillar of adamantine thrusting from the cliff and providing a natural bridge and is carved out of the adamantine.
>BBEG has a an artifact creating a powerful shield right out to the edge of the adamantine so it cant be fucked with from range (about 300 feet from the door.
>As fighter, I am general of the army with the rest of the PC's running divisions of it.
>BBEG is not to be fucked with. Full on Epic level bastard, we are just good enough to beat him if we can get him one on one.
>Sorcerer asks to look at the watercolor of the castle again, asks if this is exactly as how it appears in game and if it is to scale
>DM says yes to all
>Sorcerer opens his PHB and grabs out his calculator.
We have 15 other sorcerers/wizards in the army, so we have access to reasonable realms of power.
>turns out the adamantium spike is just that, a spike
>does not go all the way through the earth, but rather is embedded in the unworked stone.
>DM has always allowed us to adjust spell areas to fit our needs
>Sorcerer has all of the other spellcasters cast transmuste stone to mud at highest level possible, in a casting size of 1'X50'X50'.
Cont in next post.
Pic related-ish.
>>
>>51010538
>this creates a knife's edge of mud where nothing is attached to the cliff anymore. There is a massive drop into the ocean of over 1k feet.
>DM stepped out to have a smoke at this point.
>comes back, trashes a good number of his notes and starts handing out ad-hoc xp.
>We all go diving later to find the bodies of the BBEG and his retinue
>we collect the treasure and shit, but it gives us an interesting underwater introduction and a lot of the traps were still active so we had to deal with those.
>The BBEG's in our universe don't build on cliffs anymore.
>>
From the lack of replies, I think we can safely assume that no group in the history of /tg/ has successfully completed a campaign.
>>
File: Pakleds.jpg (58KB, 320x264px) Image search: [Google]
Pakleds.jpg
58KB, 320x264px
>>51011512
Your DM is kinda not smart.

>Can build entire fortresses from Adamantine
>Can surround them with fields of Plot Device

>Has no contingencies or means of teleporting or pocket dimensioning himself to safety.
>>
File: clayton_bigsby_white_supremist.jpg (25KB, 421x328px) Image search: [Google]
clayton_bigsby_white_supremist.jpg
25KB, 421x328px
>>51011593
I mean, in the event of a major earthquake, was his plan just to plunge into the ocean and die?

This is like building your BBEG base on a cloud island and no one has thought of having a means to feather fall or fly or anything.
>>
>>51011593
I'm not OP. But atleast OP has finished a campaign.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.