[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amerigo - Americana Campaign Setting for 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Americanus Regions.png (437KB, 1611x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Americanus Regions.png
437KB, 1611x1057px
Amerigo is designed with Americana first. There are plenty of opportunities for using American folklore in a fun and exciting way in the framework of the D&D.

Right now our main goal are to stat up some monsters based on American folklore like wendigos and sasquatch and jackalopes.Additionally we're trying to flesh out the regions some more. Check out the Google doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mo7gc_gMqKIPr1WEz0sirZCgA9lyDvzRRP1bQB0pbEI/edit?usp=sharing

Run-down of the current regions:

Tri-State Region
>Goblin ruins in swirling torment of demonic activity
New England
>Gnomes making ships and pushing commerce forward
Appalachia
>Coal miner dorfs and redneck wood elves
Southern States
>Plantation owning, goblin slave owning, race-mixing hating, southern belle High Elves
Gulf Coast
>Freeman goblins/orcs
Florida
>Orcish swampfolk
Midwest
>Kind humans who oppose goblin slavery, main city is corrupt Shika by the Great Lake.
Great Lakes
>Aw shucks, Minnesota Hill dwarves dontcha know. Struggling with loss of main purchaser of ores
Rust Belt
>Detroytis fell into huge chasm to the Underdark, pulsating evil and ruin.Basically Menzoberranza
Texas
>Independent Goliath dinosaur wranglers, doing cowboys and Indians with native Lizardfolk
Great Plains
>Hyper-religious Mormon style humans fleeing evil to the east, fulfilling prophecy to take all land to the west
Southwest
>Dragons and Dragonborn living in a land of wild magic and sorcery
Rockies & Great Basin
>Halfling pioneer folk pushed out of the Plains. Small towns and superstitious folk.
SoCal
>Kender lol
West Coast
>Wood Elves and Half-Elves rejecting the other Elves, living lives of artisinal bliss, being ironic
>>
>>51002648
Man, I wrote something like this a looooong time ago as a homebrew. Had a lot more werewolves and Indian tribes though.

Have a bump, world-builder-anon.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>51002648
From a geographic standpoint I don't understand why escaped goblins would flee to a tiny sliver of land on the coast that probably has strategic value to the elves who enslaved them instead of north to humans who might be willing to protect them? It makes sense from an American cultural/political perspective, but not a geopolitical one. The elves would gobble that coast up, I'm sure.
>>
>>51004965
That;s swampland; hard to comb for fugitives, even harder to hold in the face of armed insurgents.
>>
>>51004965
I'm thinking of having the Elves be afraid of that coast for some reason, which is why they aren't also in Florida.

That and the severe swampland is just not High Elven.
>>
>>51004870
Oooh, werewolves. Neat.

Other than lizardfolk, I'm not sure what to use as Indians. I guess I could have the odd Firbolg but that doesn't make for a good tribe. It is very frontier oriented so having some halflings come across Indians would be interesting.

Kobolds?
>>
>>51002648
One big change I'm thinking about making is halving the distances for everything. America is between 2500 and 3200 mi across.

If I make that a 1600 mi across maximum we can make the trip across country fairly easily on horse and carriage. I mean, within the bounds of reason.

It takes a horse and carriage an average of 8 to 12 hours to travel 50 miles. At that rate, a horse and carriage can cover 100 to 150 miles in 24 hours, including stops to rest and eat.

This would mean that a horse traveling at the max speed could do approx 1500mi in 10 days. Assuming an indestructible horse, this isn't too bad.

And let's be honest, how many of you fuckers run games where you think to make the PCs change out the horses?
>>
>>51006163
>how many of you fuckers run games where you think to make the PCs change out the horses?

Ask in the OSR thread and not on the internet and see what happens, motherfucker.
>>
>>51006163
Have you not heard of the Oregon trail amigo?

I'd love to play a campaign where I'm manifest destiny(ing) across the fantasy west.
>>
File: Hyborian America.png (11KB, 339x408px) Image search: [Google]
Hyborian America.png
11KB, 339x408px
>>51006163
I would think that at least part of the appeal of doing an America-based campaign would BE the immense size.

Side note, you have inspired me, OP, to get back to work on my Hyborian America setting. So congrats for that.
>>
What's at the bottom of the Rust Belt's pit?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.