[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking With Players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: All According To Plan.jpg (6KB, 237x160px) Image search: [Google]
All According To Plan.jpg
6KB, 237x160px
I need to fuck with my players /tg/, but in a good way. Any ideas on how to do so? I am running 5e in a custom setting, and have a Kobold Ranger, Minotaur Paladin, Bloodborn-y Hunter, Angelic Paladin, andBat-person Ranger as the player characters. They just killed a peaceful lich (Without destroying his phylactary), pillaged the remains of the lich's dead friends, then robbed a magic shop after killing it's owner (In their defense, he did try to kill them first, but things got seemingly resolved. Then an arrow in the back). What do I do?
>>
>>51000997
Stop DMing for them and get a group that doesn't suck.
>>
>>51000997
Something very ironic, idk

>when the Litch comes back he brings the shopkeeper back to life
>>
>>51000997
Tell them that they are fucks and stop GMing for them. That should be a cool plot twist!
>>
>>51001011
First reply best reply.
>>51001035
Yeah, still best reply, even hearing it a second time.
>>
>>51000997
The lich's phylactery is keyed to a local dormant volcano. Go full Pompeii on them. TPK.
>>
>>51000997
>Kobold Ranger, Minotaur Paladin, Bloodborn-y Hunter, Angelic Paladin, and Bat-person Ranger

Yeah... I'm gonna echo what everyone else said and tell you to just get a different group.
>>
>>51000997
The world treats them as the outcasts and freaks they clearly are. Nobody trusts them at first sight, and NPCs try to have extensive escape clauses and plausible deniability before making any agreements with the party.

The peaceful lich decides he needs low scale, non violent revenge on his attempted murderers, and sends obnoxious trickster spirits to steal their stuff, swap their inventories, spoil their food, and piss in their boots.
>>
>>51000997
>What do I do?
Either quit or throw realistic consequences in their faces. They're a bunch of non-humans who killed a shopkeeper and robbed him. Send a lynch mob after them or something.
>>
>>51000997

Have them get on a boat, what happens next is up to you.
>>
File: The Victor.jpg (505KB, 1032x1325px) Image search: [Google]
The Victor.jpg
505KB, 1032x1325px
>>51000997
Use a spell of them that separated their human part from their monster/supernatural part.
So the minotaur becomes a human and a bull, the angel becomes a human and a pair of wings, the bat person becomes a human and a bat, the kobold becomes a tiny human and a lizard, and the bloodborny dude becomes a human and a pile of blood.
That should take the snowflaky-ness right out of them.
>>
>>51001024
>The shopkeeper, seeking vengeance, is tutored by the lich and becomes the BBEG
>>
>>51000997
"Rocks fall, everyone dies"
>>
>>51000997
I believe its Curse time. Have the lich revive and curse the group as a whole.

>If Destruction is the seed you sow, for you, it shall bear its terrible fruit.

I'd propose one or both of the following:

>Curse of the Blameless: If the party attacks a non-hostile individual, any wounds they cause shall be miraculously inflicted back upon the agressor, healing the atacked person in the process.

>Curse of the Desecrator: Whenever a party member disturbs the sleep of the dead, he shall be fated to join them. As long as they possess an item extracted from the dead they shall become progressively ill and healing spells shall work inversely on them.

>
>>
>>51000997
>peaceful lich
peaceful != good, they were right to put a force of evil like that down while they still could.
>killed a shopkeeper
dedicate an encounter to a court session where they defend themselves on the grounds of murder, have them collect evidence to prove that the shopkeeper was the aggressor.
Why do you feel a need to fuck with the players for doing these things, anyways?
>>
>>51000997
>paladins being anything but human
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.