[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time reversal powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (59KB, 337x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 337x436px
I have all ways like the idea of given players some sort of time manipulation or precognition but it always sounded too hard to actually pull off.

I was thinking of including a Magic item that lets the player turn back time, but only six seconds. There by effectively letting them restart things to their previous turn in combat.

Do you think it could be interesting or just be too much hassle to use?
>>
Sometimes I forget how much of an ugly clusterfuck piece of shit Jojo art is.
>>
>>50998814
Time manipulation is probably the single hardest power to pull off in a cooperative game because not on;y does it effect your turn it effects everyone's turn
If you let a player go back one turn do the enemies still do everything they did on that turn or do you as a GM use your meta knowledge to make them act differently
If a player gets hit by an attack and then goes back does he heal
How do you design an encounter around a man who can effectively see 6 seconds into the future and who gets a get out of death free card
All these are questions you need to ask before attempting to let someone play a time controller
>>
>>50999186
Here is the things I need to remember.

> Enemy placement
>Enemy health
>Enemy spells

Players can remember their own spelt and stuff

I have to do a test run to see how it go
>>
>>51000632
It's the out of combat stuff that is more problematic
Imagine someone has a generalized plan for how your life is supposed to go
Now imagine what you could do if you could rewind time 6 seconds, not in a fight but in normal day to day life
How badly would that fuck up the plan, how much planning and effort does it take to account for someone who has a Do Over Button

>I try to bribe the guard
>Doesn't work
Rewind
>I try to sneak attack the guard
>Doesn't work
Rewind
And on and on, unless you impose hard limits on the power the player will abuse it in ways you can't account for that is just the nature of players
>>
>>51001049
I was planning to stop it from being spammed by making it a
once per day for thing ( no you can't use it to reverse it self... don't think about it much)

But players using it to attempt some do something risky and using it as a get out of jail free card really doesn't bother me.

Hell most Games have do over mechanic anyway, so it's really no worse than the reroll luck point spend.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.