[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are table top communities on /tg/ at each others necks all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 22

File: 541646541946154511.png (215KB, 806x826px) Image search: [Google]
541646541946154511.png
215KB, 806x826px
Why are table top communities on /tg/ at each others necks all the time? We all share the same hobby does it really matter what models we use or the games we play? Does it really give us the reasons to shit on each other so much? Are we even being awesome to eachother?

Were no better than some random ass video game community I would expect table top to be a bit more mature than them.
>>
File: Autism.png (1MB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
1MB, 800x474px
You know why.
>>
>Why are table top communities on /tg/ at each others necks all the time? We all share the same hobby does it really matter what models we use or the games we play?
>Abloo abloo why can't we be friends?

Because bad games devalue the overall quality of the hobbyists, not just the hobby.

If the entire video game industry never made a good video game ever again, I'd still be able to play old video games in isolation until I died. In order to play tabletop games, I actually need to play with people.

Bad games teach people bad habits. The more popular a shit game gets, the more likely it is that any given random sample of potential players had picked up bad habits from whatever player mentality that game promotes.

If you don't make an effort to shit on bad games and dissuade players from playing them, I'd argue you're doing the community a disservice.
>>
>>50989960
Because this is 4chan. We've been trained so that our instinctual response to the slightest disagreement or weakness is to get up in each other's face and go mad.
>>
>>50989960
Well, everyone who doesn't play D&D hates it, every other edition of D&D hates each other, nobody likes Gurps for being a shill, and Pathfinder is now the unnofficial containment board for /d/-lite.

40k would be great except for the reasons why it's not. Same with MTG.

All the other wargames have their own rovalries and infighting.

Dwarves and Elves will never get along.

We never update the wiki, which happens to be where most of our newfags come in through Reddit, which causes a new kind of contention.

We're not allowed to have Meta threads because we can't use them properly because of Quest/Generals discussion.

So pretty much all we can agree on is system neutral setting creation and discussion, stories, and original game design, except we can't even do that because everyone shits on everyone's ideas and labels it as cringe, regardless of whether it's potentially good or not.

So, really all we're good for is shitposting until Shoggy updates us with the latest from The All Guardsmen Party.
>>
File: loli being better than you.jpg (235KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
loli being better than you.jpg
235KB, 600x750px
Because 4chins
>>
>>50990193

The wiki should never be updated

It will serve as a reminder to simpler times when everyone was happy and when memes werent ironic.

1d4chan pops up when search /tg/ related shit as the second result anyway.
>>
>>50990239
Certain parts could be updated. The EDH page could serve as a repository for all the reasonable advice about MTG.

Furthermore, it could be expanded upon. We go through a new setting with potential about every other week or so. If someone bothered to make a wiki page, they might actually bear fruit and become something like Towergirls.
>>
>>50989960
Lemme guess - you play Tau.
>>
>>50989960
>I would expect table top to be a bit more mature than them
Why? People are petty. Nerds especially so.
>>
>>50990449

Tempestus Scions

Space Marines

Kill Team mostly with 40k

Ariadna

So I know a bit about war gaming in 2 different communities that hate each other for some reason
>>
>We're no better than some random ass video game community

We're pretty much exactly the same. The only real difference is that there's never an argument over graphics, and that's pretty much it.

We argue over different editions (games in a series), we argue over specific rules (game design), we rant about settings (videogame settings), and most of all, we hate the people who drink the coke instead of our pepsi, or the Battlefield instead of our CoD, or the D&D instead of our Pathfinder.
>>
>>50990193

There is always Atechane and their /tg/ the board owner there is pretty based.

To bad its fucking dead
>>
>>50990160
>bad games devalie the overall quality of hobbyist
No you stupid bastard.
You could be playing whatever system you choose and its going to be the best game ever designed. But you still have to deal with some fucking faggot that thinks he's above the rules or will cry if anything bad ever happens to their characters.

You dont need to shit on people's games, or dissuade them from playing them, its like telling people to use the bus instead of buying a car.

Games are tools, and should be treated as such
People being assholes and ruining games, are assholes, and should be treated as such
>>
>>50990584
Well, to be fair, /tg/ doesn't have a Pathfinder community. We have a Degenerate Fantasy RP thread that happens to use Pathfinder. I direct any and all sexposts to them, and nobody seems to mind.
>>
>>50990160
>muh secret club
>>
>>50990649
Those are just examples - you could use 40k and Warmahordes, Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020.

The point is that we have all the flaws of a videogame fandom. We're not any better, we're just oriented towards pen and paper instead of consoles or computers. It's hard to argue there was even a definite point where /tg/ hobbies and /v/ hobbies weren't intersecting, or being practiced by the same people.
>>
>>50990649

I always kind of thought Table top/RPG gamers would be more sound in their arguments or wouldnt be complete asshats in certain regards but over the years im not sure.
>>
>>50990160
>I read too much Ayn Rand
>>
>>50990766
Why? They're still people.
>>
>>50990584
>DnD is with Coke and Battlefield in this parallel structure

The patrician choices
>>
>>50992227
[spoilers]I know how ironic this is[/spoilers]
>>
>>50990766
I think you'll notice that anywhere there is a great deal of /a/ crossposters you'll find lots of shit flinging, weak trolling attempts and /v/ level argumentation.

I don't understand what op thinks we gain from "getting along" though, this is meant to be a place where you can disagree without having to hold back or be censored.
>>
>>50992456
This is also a place where you can agree without having to hold back or be censored, it's not just a hole for you to scream into when you can't argue anywhere else.
>>
>>50989960
I recognize that face!
It's inspired by Bols' "I'm not a good person" face from the Akame ga Kill anime, isn't it?
>>
>>50993945
Get out of here Stalker

But probably, I don't know.
>>
>>50989960
Because people are awful, and anons doubly so?
>>
>>50990239
I disagree, it's a pretty good place to start for reading on 40k lore if you want to post on /tg/, because you get the memes on top of it
Sure, retards will post them the first time they can, but they will get told to fuck off and will learn
>>
I've been into tabletop gaming since 1989. The hipster narrative story telling rules light bullshit is a cancer just like the weeaboo, furry and my little pony bullshit that has is infiltrating tabletop RPGs.
>>
Because only about 5% of us actually play these games.

Even before quests were moved to their own board, the ones I ran were full of people lurking and waiting for others to play.

Face it, we got swarmed by the people who watch gameplay footage but never purchase the games.
>>
>>50989960
Tabletop is made up of manchildren instead of actual children and manchildren, like vidya.

And we don't share the same hobby, just the same kingdom of hobbyist entertainment. Tabletop RPGs are not LCGs are not CCGs are not wargames, and the things we had which were board specific instead of game specific died a long time ago.
>>
Any attempt to move past our differences is beat down by people reposting the same 25 threads from the archive.

We might be able to fight this out if not for elf slave reflavor 86 and myfarog shill bi weekly
>>
File: stalkers.jpg (127KB, 1200x766px) Image search: [Google]
stalkers.jpg
127KB, 1200x766px
>>50989960
we are all lonely lonely people and deserve that loneliness
>>
>>50992456
>I don't understand what op thinks we gain from "getting along" though, this is meant to be a place where you can disagree without having to hold back or be censored.

Also, if you give two shits about what some anonymous shit-flinger thinks about your hobby or any of your opinions you are losing at life.
>>
>>50992456

There is a difference between disagreeing and the shit getting posted here
>>
File: 654845489154.jpg (232KB, 728x1590px) Image search: [Google]
654845489154.jpg
232KB, 728x1590px
>>50989960

Were are being tricking into hating eachother.

Dont you fools see? The true enemy of table top games isant different wargames

its CCGs....Think about it I know some wargames kill eachother in your small tight nit communities but what kills table top games more than eachother? Card games you see in order to shit on table top players is to do 3 things

>Your community is dead/full of degenerates
>Your models suck
>Your rules suck

The 1st one is debatable but the last 2 ALWAYS comes down to personal preference.
>>
Considering how many neckbeards and retards play these games why be surprised? Considering maybe 5% of the whole population lifts weights , there is no surprise once again. Also infinity fans are the worst by far
>>
>>50989960
> anon1: i love this game so much and was born after 1980
> anon2: meh i dislike how game handles x and am on the spectrum
> anon1: HOW DARE U
>>
>>50990603
atechan is a dead shithole filled with pedo/pol/
>>
>>50998230

and /v/eddit

its a shame I feel bad for those few who hold the tide of shit posting
>>
Well, it's probably because the nature of 4chan, which always was soaked in vitriol, has utterly moved away from any and all pretense of brotherhood and companionship it had.

We're just /pol/'s next vassal board, now.
>>
>>50998252
it was a putrid shitpit from the start, i watched them turn on hotwheels the instant he banned the outright pizza that was getting posted

i want to say that is the absolute worst community overall of the imageboard network
>>
>>50998259

Blame Something Awful.

They dragged us down to their level of discourse.
>>
>>50998269

Hotwheels cucked everyone that place is only /pol/ and /v/ now
>>
>>50997139
It's even simpler than that half the time, since most anons are probably college age.

>anon1: I started with edition x of game
>anon2: I started with edition y of game
>anon1: I'm okay with your system, etc how it does a
>anon2: well I think your system's way of doing a is stupid because it's not y's way of doing a
>anon1: Neither is your mom's

And no agreement is ever reached because they disagree on that one thing so loudly and violently.
>>
>>50998271
it's actually stormfront that raided and comandeered our board culture after moot left

>>50998482
hotwheels was a crippled wizard trying to make a place that respected discourse but went too far to the point of fuctionally zero quality control and moderation

bud, it was just gamergate rejects and nazi circlejerkers from the get go
>>
>>50999089

Stormfront is nothing. /pol/ is nearly 35% hispanic, nearly 10% black.

Blame the hostile takeover of social media we experienced, even on /pol/(do you remember when the mods took away all captchas and post limits and moderation from /pol/ and it was raided with KEK KEK KEK for months? I do).

Discourse was soured because of militant lefties who hung around and still hang around on SA 'cringe' bullying boards.
>>
>>50999144
I dunno, I never see a militant lefty shitposting here unless a /pol/lack shows up to shitpost first.
>>
>>50992456
>I think you'll notice that anywhere there is a great deal of /a/ crossposters you'll find lots of shit flinging, weak trolling attempts and /v/ level argumentation.

This. If we banned anybody who posted on /a/ there would be a night and day difference on /tg/.

Fortunately, a lot of them left with /qst/ and otherwise stay contained within some generals like /pathfinder/, but still.
>>
>>50999205

Why would they? The RPG community is already co-opted, and they have their own hangouts. They don't need to go to war here, especially when we're not a very popular hub.
>>
>>50999280
That sounds like an extremely flimsy excuse for the mass of /pol/ shitposting we get daily here.
If it was actually as you said, we'd get militant lefties trying to start shit constantly.
Instead, it's just /pol/, /pol/, /pol/.
>>
>>50999268
anon, all the /a/ crossposters left like two weeks after quests were forced here.
The rest is just the mega weeby state /tg/ has been since for fucking ever.
>>
>>50999343
>>50999268
>>50992456
The real cause of the decline in /tg/ quality is the systemic reduction in the level of creative deviants on the board.
They actually played games, as opposed to the newfags and /pol/lacks we have now. I'd prefer any amount of fucking weirdos who actually play games to people who are here just for memes.
>>
>>50999387
>I'd prefer any amount of fucking weirdos who actually play games to people who are here just for memes.
am
>>50999268

Actually agree with this. A lot of /tg/ fell into le memes spam where most of them don't even understand the whys behind them. Mix in some softcore weeaboo bullshittery and it's a fucking swamp.

Too bad there's no "verified purchase" equivalent on 4chan.
>>
>>50999430
I prefer the weeaboos who play games to the shitposting memesters.
Especially since even the non-/a/ crossposters here are hella weeby. Like holy shit.
>>
>>50999450
>I prefer the weeaboos who play games
... have you *SEEN* /pfg/ ?
The people who would make me give up tabletop out of disgust if it weren't for playing it with IRL normies.
>>
>>50999486
I've seen it, yes.
They regularly actually get together and play games, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of the board.
I don't care if they're all playing kitsune catgirl lolis fucking each other, they actually set a date and play a goddamn game every once in a while.
Like I said, I prefer any amount of fucking weirdos who play games to people who are here just for memes.
>>
>>50999486

Those guys don't play games, though. They've literally been trying to get like three lewdgames off the ground for a week now and all three of them have basically failed.
>>
>>50999516
That is literally more games I've seen attempted than I've seen on the rest of the board for the last three months outside of maybe gamefinder threads.
Though I haven't seen one of those in a long, long while too.
>>
File: 1476316738804.jpg (15KB, 552x386px) Image search: [Google]
1476316738804.jpg
15KB, 552x386px
>>50999504
>>50999516
>They regularly actually get together and play games
>Those guys don't play games, though

>they're all playing kitsune catgirl lolis fucking each other
>trying to get like three lewdgames off the ground for a week now

One of you is clearly a /pfg/ regular trying to defend it
>>
>>50999546
Nah, pathfinder sucks. Like, a LOT.
But they're infinitely preferable to memesters.
>>
>>50999522

Gamefinder threads are the problem.

A lot of generals don't like recruiting within threads, so they tell people to go over to gamefinder. And gamefinder is eternally trolled by salty questfags and autists.

Pathfinder is just sort of in the situation where they are such rejects that they prefer to recruit in their general rather than in gamefinder because they'll get laughed at, and they're thin-skinned autists.

Either we need to have an official stance on generals and whether or not they're healthy for the board, and adopt a general culture, or we need to have a stickied gamefinder with GOOD, FREQUENT moderation.
>>
>>50999574
Oh, you're one of those types who blame the board problems on generals and quests. And not, you know, the community itself, including me and you.
I gotcha.
>>
>>50999592

Dude, gamefinder was one of the central hubs of quest arguing over the past few years.

Personally, I think that a stickied, heavily moderated gamefinder is the best idea, but I suspect nobody wants to put forth that much effort(It would be a lot of effort to ask of moderation staff).

The less banter that goes on in those threads, the better. As for generals and whether or not they're healthy....I'm neutral, but I lean towards generals being a good thing, since RPG culture advances slowly, and a lack of generals will mostly encourage memes.
>>
>>50999639
Man, I can't find a single mention of quest threads in the gamefinder threads for a good ways back, anon. And I don't remember these arguments either.
I mean, my archive search is once every five or so threads, but if you were arguing truthfully I should have found some by the time I got to 2015.

And I am leery of any and all moderation since the days of the nazimod. And how slow they are with removing /pol/. Or how they just delete entire threads now instead of going in and removing the /pol/posters.
>>
>>50999700
>>50999639
oh wait, I found a single mention.
Where a guy is accused of being a questfag for shitposting about how he doesn't like generals.
>>
>>50999720
And I found a second mention.
Of someone accusing a guy who doesn't like voice chat of being a questfag.
This is actually a kind of silly level of scapegoating here.
>>
File: NO.jpg (184KB, 794x549px) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
184KB, 794x549px
>>50990649
>haven't looked at /pfg/ ever
>look at it now
what the fuck

when did they get to become a /vg/-tier thread?
>>
>>50999798
around the time /tg/ became /v/ tier.
>>
>>50990193
>We never update the wiki, which happens to be where most of our newfags come in through Reddit, which causes a new kind of contention.

And TV Tropes
>>
>reading through wiki again
>all this good old shit that would be shitposted to death nowadays by folks calling cringe
Man, I really liked it before we all pretended we had some kind of non-anonymous persona.
>>
>>50999849

>Age of Golden Neckbeard

No thanks.
>>
>>50999948
Also the age of permabans for chronic shitposters, as opposed to them just coming back immediately.
>>
>>50999849
>>50999948
That wasn't it. That time represented a time where we had one admirable trait: we enjoyed our hobbies and we didn't give a fuck. These ideas? Simple perseverance because we didn't stop because someone told us it was bad, or we had others encouraging us.

And shitposting? We tolerated far more than we do now simply because we could ignore threads we didn't like, a skill long lost to the ages.

It wasn't better, it was that we approached things differently, more positively. Things were better back then only because we treated them as such.

There's no going back to it however, and trying to would be futile, but we can go forward, and change for the better, and have the benefits of both modern and past /tg/.
>>
>>50999144
What did they call it back then, /pol/ocaust, something like that?

>it was just a prank bro

They kind of brought that on themselves though. And it's not like /pol/tards didn't flee to other boards and cause messes there over it.
>>
File: 1430730157470.gif (621KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1430730157470.gif
621KB, 500x281px
>>51000040
Ever feel like the whole internet has changed? Like somewhere along the line everything got really serious, people stopped being able to take jokes, and people started caring where before no one really did? I'm not just talking about 4chan, I'm talking about the internet as a whole.

Now I feel like everyone is weighing and measuring everything they say before they say it, and it's harder to find a thread that doesn't devolve instantaneously into arguing over how we've had this thread a billion times, how it's not /tg/, or how some idea is just stupid.
>>
>>51000516
It's due the advent of the mobile phone. Everyone says /tg/ was great circa 2007-08, right? Right around peak internet accessibility but before the release of the first iPhone. That was the turning point. Suddenly the internet is in everyone's pockets, and the entire culture surrounding social media changes drastically.
>>
>>50990584
Though, people do complain about bad art and poor layouts, to be fair.
>>
>>51000040
If we all (read: everyone in this thread) agreed to stop taking things seriously/take trolls suggestions completely seriously (see: diaper of holding flamethrowers), does anyone think we'd be able to reverse course?
>>
>>51000597
It'd be a start. I'm the OP of a thread called the Friendly Virtual Gaming Thread. We've kind of built up a small group around encouraging authors and creators to post their content on the board, as well as posting digital resources for various traditional games to try and get the members of /tg/ who don't play games. Love and Krieg 2.0, as well as Fading Embers are some of the more notable projects that originated in our threads. We've found that productive threads like that tend to improve the general feel of the board, possibly even causing more creators to post their OC. Quality Threads are the main thing that improves the board.
>>
File: 1458046754785.jpg (74KB, 960x792px) Image search: [Google]
1458046754785.jpg
74KB, 960x792px
>>51000597
I don't know. It might be hard to force it, but we could always give it a shot. Just having a few nice things in the right places might help.

Drawthread's been pretty ugly lately, I know that much. Imagine how things could be if we could encourage it to calm down, and maybe have some drawfags browse around other threads for interesting moments to sketch. Or getting writefags to take an idea and turn it into a greentext. A little good feeling goes a long way, and making people feel a part of something gets them excited and happy, even if it was a temporary thing.
>>
>>50990193
When shoggy stops posting, what do you think will happen? besides shitposting, of course.
>>
>>51001312
Love and Krieg 2.0 shows promise. There will always be new writers who are brave enough to post on here. I've got some faith in the future, it just takes effort.
>>
>>50989960
>2017
>not enjoying the bantz
kys
>>
File: sides.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>50990160
you mean bad games give gamers... literally brain damage?!
>>
File: JUST.jpg (250KB, 977x904px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
250KB, 977x904px
>>50989960
>Why are the sects of Christianity all at each other's necks all the time? We share the same God does it really matter what beliefs we practice for the God we all believe in? Does it really give us reasons to shit on each other so much? Are we even being awesome to each other?

We're no better than some random ass pagan community I would expect Christians to be a bit more mature than barbarians.
>>
>>51001553
That's what he would say about 3.5., I suppose
>>
>We all share the same hobby does it really matter what models we use or the games we play?

If I put up sign-ups for a PF game I get a minimum of 4 interested players. If I do the same for a DitV game, I'll be lucky to get one. So yes, it does matter.
>>
File: Bookmarking d.jpg (5KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
Bookmarking d.jpg
5KB, 201x160px
>>50990193
>Pathfinder is now the unnofficial containment board for /d/-lite.

Man, if only I didn't hate Pathfinder. I miss /wst/
>>
>>51003682
Eh, you don't actually need to discuss the system, just whicu waifu is better, and as long as you can accompany it with an anime image.
>>
>>50989960
Because deendee is not only garbage, it's toxic garbage. The vast majority of the people that play it get irreversible brain damage, unlike any other RPG, and become unable to play other things.

There is no excusing that.
>>
>>51003682
/wst/ got moved to /d/, why not actually go there?
>>
File: 1480345643257.jpg (47KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1480345643257.jpg
47KB, 510x546px
>>50989960
Be the change you want to see, anon.

If everyone in this thread decided to be a little nicer and less reactionary, we'd have a much better community.

No single anon can change 4chin culture, and they probably shouldn't. But even if only a few anons try to be a bit more Excellent to each other (until the anon in question proves to be an irredeemable faggot of course), we'd probably have a much more pleasant board.

Until they riptide wing with Eldar allies, then fuck 'em all, let 'em burn
>>
>>50989960
4chans/autism/whatever

However anonymous we come on board, we can take the shittier aspects of our personalities and exaggerate them without consequence.

What is funny and destructive is when you try to reassign that internet persona a name and think it's still okay to draw from all that shit. That's how you get things like lulzcows or hostile tabletop communities irl. Because they think it's still okay to act that way with a name or community to assign responsibility to, and then they get butthurt or turtle down when they have to deal with those consequences.
>>
>>51000516
This
>>
>>50999963
ever hear of unplugging a router?
>>
>>51008641
Yeah.
IP range bans might have to become a thing.
>>
>>51008675
Sure. And we should just bomb the hell out of towns and cities to catch a single terrorist.

It ain't hard for the mods to remove someone. Having been forced to deal with the results of a range ban before I can say they reall aren't the solution.
>>
>>51008953
It apparently is, given how now they're just nuking entire threads instead of just removing problem posters.
>>
>>51000516
>got really serious
>can't take jokes
>care too much

I think it's a combination of factors.

First, the internet is not only more accessible nowadays, but more people want to regularly access it. The sheer volume and variety of people on the web has changed dramatically.

Second, the internet has begun to settle down in terms how fast it is changing. Most of the traffic is concentrated between a handful of websites, and each of those websites has every sort of person on them. Combined with the large amount of people, then people start to assume (usually rightfully so) that once a piece of information is in one place, it is everywhere. By that I mean, everybody is responding to the same things at the same time, so when somebody brings something up that is viewed as old or outdated, it is dismissed rather than treated as something fresh. Like some kind of hive of discussion. I haven't really thought this through as well as I would need to, though.

Third, politics and the web have become enmeshed in a way that works against discussion. Combined with a (perceived or not) rise in extreme left and/or right wing views, the peak of a heated US election cycle, the ability for people to crawl into their niches that cater to their individual beliefs, and all of these things feed into one another in a way that makes everything terrible. Things become more about what you believe than what you are actually saying.

(1/2)
>>
>>51009055

Fourth, it is easier to shout somebody down than it is to accept any difference in opinion, or discuss any disagreements. "Faggot, C.uck, S.hill, Nazi, Shitposter, S.JW, Fedora, Racist, Redneck, Retard, R*ddit... etc." People are sensitive about what they perceive to be their identity, and so lash out at those who would dare question it in any way. Post something I don't approve of on 4chan? Back to r*ddit. Hold a political opinion I don't agree with? Fuck off, N.azi/S.JW. It's all tribalism. Blame our monkey brains.

Fifth, things like irony and sarcasm don't work very well on the internet, because not everyone is "in" on the joke. It's important to understand that not everything that one perceives to be a joke is actually a joke, and likewise not everything one takes seriously is actually serious. If somebody says something questionable, and a second person thinks they're just joking, there is a breakdown of communication there which makes things worse for everyone involved. It is way easier (though still not perfect) to detect these things when a community is small, but the internet got fuckhuge, and all the communities on the internet got more dense, so all those in-jokes get lost in the noise.

(2/2)

Sorry about the *s and .s - I don't know what's word-filtered anymore.
>>
>>51009091
Reddit isn't censored.

So, what you're saying is that we need to start a war. What if we created a counterculture that ran contrary to Everything and everyone on /tg/ and pushed that agenda. Sure, we hate Those guys, but at least they're not X, and force all of /tg/ to form a loose alliance.
>>
File: 1435799170891.png (79KB, 269x294px) Image search: [Google]
1435799170891.png
79KB, 269x294px
>>51007858
>>
>>51009240
>So, what you're saying is that we need to start a war. What if we created a counterculture that ran contrary to Everything and everyone on /tg/ and pushed that agenda. Sure, we hate Those guys, but at least they're not X, and force all of /tg/ to form a loose alliance.

See I can't even tell if this is a joke or a refutation. ._.
>>
>>51009281
>._.
This is exactly what's killing the site.
>>
>>51009325
>This is exactly what's killing the site.
>Post something I don't approve of on 4chan? Back to r*ddit. Hold a political opinion I don't agree with? Fuck off, N.azi/S.JW. It's all tribalism. Blame our monkey brains.

I'm just preaching tolerance, man.
>>
>>51009281
Nah, I'm actually serious. We just had a brilliant bait thread by Sholk himself. I known of a few SJW Furverts who I could contact and get them to shill their agenda on here relentlessly, and in different threads. Pathfinder? They might actually shape up once they found actual gods-damned furries in their threads. Not to mention the impact an Ironclaw General might have.

It's not even about them being good or not, it's that they'd be so universally hated that everyone would agree furries must go, and band together over it.

The only problem would be that Kobolds and other Monstrous races would get caught in the crossfire.
>>
>implying

Pfg is already furry central
>>
>>51009414
Nah, it's Monstergirl central, which is furry-lite. They post girls with anime ears, not fox anthros. Confronted with actual furries you'd see total and complete rejection.
>>
>>51009396
>>51009445
we already got that in the form of /pol/.
>>
>>50994359
This
Getting into 40k and trying to read the lexicanum and other 40k wiki is exhausting and dry as fuck. You might as well read installation manuals for microwaves.
1d4chan makes it fun in a simple, palatable way before the nerds here till each other to fuck off.
>>
>>51009681
Nah, see we almost agree with /pol/ some of the time. We need something even /pol/ hates.
>>
>>51009782
They seem to get extreme hate from everyone every time they show, though.
>>
>>51009055
I think those second and third points are the most dangerous ones. Most people might look at fourth or fifth, and I'm not saying they aren't bad, second and third have their own dangers.

With second, everything goes outdated really quickly. People get mad if things are still getting hyped up far more quickly than they used to. A cool idea in a thread that gets turned into a larger general quickly becomes cut off and isolated and rots, and no one wants to acknowledge anything that comes of it outside of the thing that's becoming more and more of a circlejerk in its isolation.

And the net becoming political as a whole is pretty bad - too many threads got devolved with politics, too many historical things get turned into heated debates over modern viewpoints. Everyone thinks tumblr is left and 4chan is right, and anyone found 'out of place' is fucked over. And during the election, it all turned into an echo chamber that fucked things up even more, like anything related to 'build a wall' or 'make America great again' becoming the equivalent of an elf slave what do.

>>51009414
Sometimes I wonder if people know how bad furries can get anymore, or if they're just hating arbitrarily.There's a difference between knowing what is and isn't sick, and hating everything loosely related to something sick because it might be sick. It's like how people get crazy over even hints of magical realm.

I'm not saying standards should be relaxed, but it's a worry about how much or how little people really know about things anymore.
>>
>>51009823
Yeah. The problem is that we've had them sleeping on our front porch for too long to really revile against them.
>>
>>51009909
I just wish they would get a job and move out already
>>
>>51009925
And that is an ongoing plotline for 4chan House.
>>
>>51009889
Honestly, all my furry hate has drained over the years as it turned out they really weren't that bad in comparison to shit like /pol/.
I'd say SJWs too, but they hardly ever invade our board.
>>
>>51009946
So... What do we do? Leave things be? Explain 4chan dynamics to Tumblr so they can attempt to troll us so we can start devoting all our hate to them? Kick the Hornet's nest over at /pol/ and cause the next great inter-board shitwar?
>>
>>51010089
IP range bans for all
>>
>>50990160
>I don't like thing!
>No one should like it!

People with shitty attitudes are the only thing that bring down the quality of the community.
>>
>>51010132
look anon, there's two things you don't bring up in any conversation you don't want to be shit.
Religion and politics.
Anyone who brings those up here, outside of their designated containment zones, are actively fucking the rest of us.
>>
>>50992456
>this is meant to be a place where you can disagree without having to hold back or be censored.
In theory, this should be and sometimes is a good thing. You get discussions you won't get anywhere else, where people don't have to hold back in fear of having what they say permanently attached to them and their reputation.

In practice, you mostly just get a bunch of people who were banned from every other community for being shitheads, and now come to the one place they don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>51010131
That's not something 4chan can do, at least not without contacting the ISP and gaining consent, which is more likely to result in specific users getting their internet services revoked. That's why we haven't ever gotten rid of Virt.
>>
>>50989960
>Why are table top communities on /tg/ at each others necks all the time?
Mostly the hate comes from people who left system X because it has deficiencies. They all have, but some will make people ragequit. These people spent a considerable amount of time and money to make an army in that, but its all for naught as the system does not give them the return of investment they sought. This mood takes over to the board and makes people complain about what hurt them.

Some, others are just trolls and asshats
>>
>>51010191
man, if we could actually get people's internet services revoked, that would be the ideal solution.
>>
File: gathers_400x400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gathers_400x400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>50989960
>Why are table top communities on /tg/ at each others necks all the time?
Because communities are made up of people and people are the worst and you know it, you prancy bastard!
The minute god crapped out the third caveman a conspiracy was hatched against one of them!
>>
>>51010204
Never going to happen. Way too much paperwork and effort for the mods.
>>
>>51010392
but it would be the ideal solution for ban evaders, nonetheless.
>>
>>51010415
Nah, the ideal solution would involve a bandsaw and even more paperwork.
>>
>>51010204
>"Hello, I'm a mod from 4chan. Yes, that scary site you hear about on the news. Could you revoke this guy's internet services? Why? Well, he was being a shit. Yes, he broke our rules. No, he didn't break any state or federal laws...no, I don't think he broke any of your rules, either."

Ignoring that, let's say that 4chan had the power to do that. Would you really want sites to have that sort of power? What if Facebook could take away your internet? Do you want that, anon?
>>
>>51010507
I am becoming more convinced I want that by the day, anon.
>>
>>51010507
>going to facebook like a filthy normie
You'd deserve whatever you got.
>>
>>51010507
So what you are saying is we need to pass laws recognizing digital trespassing as illegal?
>>
>>51010514
But that's punishing people for a transgression on one site by taking away access to all of them. It's like banning someone from an entire town for something they did in the grocery store.

>>51010539
What if it was some other company? Microsoft at one point wanted people to connect to the internet for Xbox One every day. What if they had the power to cut off your internet as well?

>>51010648
I tried to do a google search on it, and I'm still confused.
>>
>>51011516
>What if it was some other company?
Stay the fuck away from any place you'll misbehave, or else you'll have only yourself to blame.
>>
I've had some ideas on how I'd run 4chan if I ran it. With a focus on returning to our roots, cleaning out the true and actual cancer, encouraging OC, and reinforcing containment boards.
>>
>>51011516
I am fully willing to banish someone from the entire town if they can't stop ban evading, yes.
>>
>>51011736
man like 95% of our roots is declared cancer by modern /tg/.
>>
>all these unironic authoritarians
I think I've sussed out the problem with modern /tg/. Well, that and everyone bitching and moaning rather than contributing to making content they enjoy.
>>
>>51011781
Our roots as /tg/ is that of a crucible of retardation but creative retardation

I'm thinking things like site-sponsored contests for OC, a month long tabletop game jam contest, organizing official RPG groups, stuff like that

As opposed to /b/, where I'd move overposted general threads to /trash/ and reinstate/attempt to encourage a return to the 2000s reniassance /b/ had
>>
>>51011848
>moving the only place we have any on topic discussion any more to /trash/
>>
>>51011905
I mean stuff like r8 muh dick, what would u do 2 her and ylyl
>>
>>51011925
we don't... have any of those.
>>
>>51011938
I meant on /b/, guy

The generals here are fine
>>
>>51011948
/b/ is trash though.
>>
>>51011972
/b/ could be returned to its former glory

I want to bring 4chan back to the golden age

But I'm broke.
>>
File: stealth sjw tg edition.png (435KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
stealth sjw tg edition.png
435KB, 1024x887px
>>51011848

>game jam

>GAME JAM

pic related
>>
>>51012176
Go get fucked faggot, OC is OC and maek gaem is as old as /tg/
>>
>>51012176
I think you misunderstand, guy. I don't mean some phil fish bullshit, I mean a prize for whoever comes up with the least awful tabletop game in a month.

Spicy mem tho
>>
>>51012247

Yeah, that's just gonna end in drama. We don't need to emulate Something Awful.

The big problem is, as people have said, is that people are more cautious about who they associate with these days, and are less likely to compromise, so we have less projects going on now.

Really, I think part of the problem is that healthy communities are choosing to stay away from /tg/ in favor of discord/IRC chats. suptg used to be a major part of /tg/ culture, and those guys mostly stay confined to their IRC space.

We have some painful wounds that need to heal. I think more than a game jam, we need to take advantage of the fact that there are a LOT more newbies interested in tabletop games here in this past year. If some of us take it upon ourselves to run oneshots and teach people how to GM via GM workshops(the biggest problem in gamefinders is that we have too many people who think they need to have playerside experience before GMing instead of jumping in feet first like people had to back in the day).
>>
>>51012297
I think that's a really good idea. My main thing is I always loved how /tg/ creates collaboratively, and always wanted to see that be supported by the site infrastructure

Starting, running, and playing games is also supremely important.
>>
>>51011533
But what if you accidentally misbehave? Don't tell me you've never posted something iffy, or got caught in the wrong board? And other sites probably have other ways you might get tripped up.
>>
>>51012801
That's what normal bans are for.
Permabans or, in this case, kicking someone off the internet are for cases of repeated e-trespass.

I feel like laws that codify these things are an inevitability at this point, as internet use becomes more and more a focus of the public.
>>
>>51012961

But of course, it's YOUR standards that are the superior ones.
>>
>>51012995
It's probably going to be joe schmoe mc casul's standards that are enforced, but I am rapidly warming to that over repeated ban evasion.
>>
>>51013021
Why not just make it harder to evade bans? Banning a guy from the internet completely seems like it should be beyond the power of any one site to do.
>>
>>51014717
Because making it harder to evade bans apparently isn't working.
>>
Because me posting a logical, intellectual argument isn't gonna get me anywhere, so when some asshole starts shitting on something I like and I want to defend it, I have to speak to him in his own language, because anything else is wasting my time. And that asshole? If he wants to make a critique on something, he has to do the same fucking thing for the exact same goddamned reason. Its just an endless cycle.

Also some people are just stupid. Like this dumbass >>50990160
>>
WE WERE BUILT UPON USENET FLAMEWARS

TEMPERED IN FORGE RANTS

Some historical context on the acrimoniousness of the RPG community for those who don't at least remember the early 2000's at the height of forgefaggotry.

http://whitehall-paraindustries.com/Theory/Threefold/rpg_theory_bad_rep.htm
>>
>>51014769
I get wanting to make sure that bans actually stick and work as punishments and aren't something that can just be avoided, but cutting off people's access to the internet is too much, even if it's after repeated offenses. That's death row after a few robberies - and decided by the equivalent of Walmart instead of a government.
>>
>>51016052
It's getting kicked off of a luxury service, anon. That's it.
Hell, worst come to worst they can switch to another provider.
If they eventually run out of ALL PROVIDERS because they just can't stop being a shit, then I think they require mental help.
>>
>>51016135
Then you get into the argument on if the internet is even a luxury service anymore. Some people need to send emails for work, or have documents stored in a cloud. With internet connections growing more and more common, the assumption that you will have internet is being worked more and more into a computer's design - how it gets updates, new programs, even some of its operation. There's that little Google laptop that requires being connected to the internet to function, because the OS is just a web browser or something.

And you're still kind of ignoring the fact that the arbitrator of if they're getting kicked off the 'net or not isn't some 1984 government agency, or even some SOPA internet security department, but a website - with some level of a corporation behind it, more than likely, but still a website. That's not the kind of power 4chan should have. It should be up to the provider to be kicking you off of their service, if anything.
>>
>>51016244
I'm fine with that. Even moreso if the proposed law is tempered with a bit of leniency in mind, given the behavior stops.
But websites are private endeavors and private property. It is entirely fair to want them to have some way to protect themselves from those who wish to trespass. It's why I feel some kind of law like this is inevitable.
If you just can't stop burglaring, trespassing, or any other activity in the same vein, you should probably go to jail. Being denied service by a provider is an incredibly light penalty in comparison.
>>
>>51016135
>>51016310

SJW "People with badwrongthing aren't allowed to use modern amenities and have to go to the gulag because I can't stand to look over flyovers" attitude.
>>
>>51016527
Yeah, how dare people have property rights.
We should just get everything for free with no consequence to our actions!
>>
>>51016597

>literally advocating for imprisoning people for shitposting on a mongolian throat-singing teletype
>>
>>51016674
Yeah, I'm all with you man.
Fuck people who don't want me on their land, or using their property! It's everybody's planet!
>>
>>51016698

It's a public forum.

If this was such an issue, hiroshimoot could implement SA's $10bux policy, and 4chan would be finished within a week as viewership and discussion plummets.
>>
>>51016719
I agree with you all the way.
Privately owned estates are public property, and should be treated as such.
>>
File: TrumpVaccines.png (167KB, 1000x510px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpVaccines.png
167KB, 1000x510px
>>51016738

This website's vibrancy comes from the free exchange of ideas. The western world's vibrancy comes from the free exchange of ideas.

What you are advocating is literally the equivalent jailing people for cursing.

Let us not forget that websites like this function off ad revenue, and only maintain their popularity due to the userbase.

Weaken confidence to speak freely, and communications freeze.

If you prefer a more moderated environment, please feel free to leave and spend your autismbux on Something Awful or get banned from RPG.net for contradicting a woman.
>>
>>51016783
Yeah, fuck the thought police bro.
They're such dicks, banning me from the park for trying to tell kids about my ideals.
>>
>>
>>51016811

It's an 18+ site, dude. That argument won't fly.

Regardless, the majority of people disagree with you except for a few bay area commies.

This is not your personal website.
>>
>>51016827
That's what I tried to tell them!
>>
>>51016845

>>/qst/
>>
File: confused.jpg (1MB, 2121x1414px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
1MB, 2121x1414px
>>51016854
>>
>>50989992
Fpbp
>>
Another thing - I think something that anons here have, or eventually develop, is a contrarian attitude.
>>
>>51017563
>Another thing - I think something that anons here have, or eventually develop, is a contrarian attitude.
I've never seen it.
You must be wrong.
>>
File: come'on'bro.jpg (32KB, 467x333px) Image search: [Google]
come'on'bro.jpg
32KB, 467x333px
>>50990193
>tfw you are a dwarf in love with an elf
>>
>>50990577>>50989960
>Ariadna
ma nigga

I play Malifaux, 40k and Infinity.

Honestly it's just a pretty tribal mentality. Every game has good and bad in them some more bad than others. I think honestly people just want you to play their game.
>>
>>51012176
Did someone print that out and photocopy it a bunch of times?
>>
>>51009946
It seems to me that most overt and blatant furshit died down a while ago. Outside of /b/, Furries on 4chan are pretty low key nowadays.
>>
>>51016527
>>51016597
>>51016244
>>51016135
>>51016052
You guys are pretending like it's even that much of a problem in the first place.

Things are fine the way that they are.

>>51010191
Even at his height, he wasn't that bad. No one really is. The only loser is him.
>>
>>51018817
>tfw your romance is a shoed in part of a movie franchise that should have never been a trilogy

Thanks Hobbit
>>
>>51009823
While true, that's in no small part because such /pol/tards, much like SJWs, tend to interject their idealogy into threads for absolutely no reason, turning what could be a good thread into a shitstorm.
The hatred isn't really against /pol/acks a good deal of the time, it's against retards who can't keep /pol/ in /pol/. Same thing with SJWs.
>>
>>50999522
>I haven't seen one of those in a long, long while too.
There's one up right now. They're quite regular, really, they're just almost never on the front page for very long.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.