[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LARP General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I never see any LARP related threads on this board. Is there just no interest, or are American boffer LARPS too /ASP/?

>Be me, floofy woofy barbarian
>Get separated from the rest of the battle line and square off with axe bro
>Axe bro tries to chop me, parry with greatsword, draw dagger
>Axe bro drops axe, grabs dagger arm
>Fall ontop of axe bro
>Axe bro pins dagger beneath his armpit
>Desperately try to free dagger from axebro's pits in order to stab him to death
>Hear faint screaming out of the corner of my ear
>Get shieldbashed into a sprawling, brawling heap by Axe bro's team mate, who was the only other person who had survived the round, but had lost his sword arm in the process
>Get stabbed to death by axe bro

Good times.
>>
>>50982498
Did they pin you down and have their way with you before delivering the coup de grĂ¢ce?
>>
>>50982523

Can love bloom on the battlefield?
>>
>>50982498
>I never see any LARP related threads on this board.
Well, this is the first one this year, that's for sure. But larp threads happen.
That said, sometimes there are a little bit too much emotions in larp threads when US vs Europe differences come up and it gets out of hand.
>>
>>50982498
>I never see any LARP related threads on this board. Is there just no interest, or are American boffer LARPS too /ASP/?
The larpthread moved from /tg/ to /cgl/ a long time ago. This is because, amongst other reasons:
>/cgl/ is a slower board, so threads stick around for more than a day
>there's a very vocal group of anti-namefags who come to shit up larpthreads here despite having no interest in larping
>likewise, there's a group of faggots who come to larpthreads only to call larping gay (which isn't exactly a unique phenomenon on /tg/, but still)
>/tg/ ALWAYS takes the bait, meaning the above two groups spark trolling wars which drown out any actual discussion
I believe there was some more larpthread migration, but I don't know the specifics of that.
>>
>>50983573
Yeah, everyone knows Europe larp groups are much better than any Americrap can come up with anyway
>>
>>50983578
every once in a while larp threads pop up on other boards as well but they never really stick. cgl has a more or less a permanent one as you said because a thread can survive there even if nobody posts for a week.
On /tg/ the larpthreads aren't that visible because it can simply be 404d in a few hours or half a day depending on interest

>>50983603
not exactly true. there are a lot of shit tier larps in europe too. it's just the ratios and of course better PR for the really good games.
>>
>>50983603
Rather it's that US larps seem to have a inverse budget/result effect, so the money participant's join and pay the lower the bar goes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.