[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eversor shenanigans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 23

File: Eversor1.jpg (62KB, 564x585px) Image search: [Google]
Eversor1.jpg
62KB, 564x585px
An eversor assassin with the mission objective of eliminating the US senate/political leadership, is deployed via drop pod in the middle of the federal district during an average weekday. The drop pod is impossible to detect until the moment it enters the atmosphere due to warp trickery.

Does he succeed ?

inb4 the eversor just waits until the 20th
>>
>>50979790

> Does he succeed ?

Yes. Easily. In like 45 minutes.

Imperium assassinates rogue governors and planet nobility all the time and their security is far superior to some secret service with hand guns
>>
>>50979790
He'd slaughter half of D.C. before napalm is dropped on his vague location that eventually kills him
>>
A better question would be what could even fucking stop him and the answer is not much. Police and swat would be wholly unprepared, remember Eversors take on tanks and shit. Theyde need to call in a full scalel military response and probably level half of D.C

I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers
>>
>>50980228

Doesn't the capitol has significant security though ? Plus, there has to be emergency plans that involve quick response forces considering the ramifications of a serious attack on the capitol.
>>
File: 1397321138384.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1397321138384.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
>>50980509
> I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers
my sides
>>
>>50980643
Nigger you underestimating the sheer level of RIP AND TEAR an eversor is capable of. They sent one after horus at one point and im pretty sure he fucked a lot of traitors up.
>>
>>50980643
The Capitol has no more security in a whole than say Buckhingham palace. If the president and congress are in danger, than they have routes they take to escape the city itself.

An Eversor isn't going down to anything that isn't a tank. These things give Space Marines a run for their money.
>>
>>50979790
>Canonically slaughters whole squads of Space Marines, Ork Warbosses, Chaos Lords etc

Gee, I don't know OP
>>
>>50979790
The Eversor won't live through the experience.

On the other hand, neither would most of the capital.
>>
>>50980509
>I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers

10/10
>>
File: 1998451.jpg (14KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1998451.jpg
14KB, 300x259px
>>50981083
>These things give Space Marines a run for their money.

These things are far beyond Space Marines. They're the very pinnacle of the Imperium's bio-engineering and cybernetics technology, with no expense spared to create the ultimate Terror weapon.

There are far more subtle ways to kill somebody, like snipers or orbital bombardment. Eversors are sent when the Lords of Terra want to send a message.
>>
>>50980643
>Doesn't the capitol has significant security though ?

It took 5 Tau battle-suits to gun down an Eversor that had already gone through a small town worth of Tau security/civilians, the fucker survived being cut in half by plasma and crawled to his objective before blowing up.

Whatever the Eversor is here to kill is going to die because these fuckers dodge plasma fire and rip through robots thats thousands of years ahead of anything we have. Best case scenario is you swarm the fucker with bodies and they all die or start bombing the city by sectors and hope you get him by chance.
>>
You have fucking undetectable DROP PODS.

That means you can implement low-orbital bombardment by entering city airspace from SPACE bypassing all coastal defense systems.

Why the fuck would you need an Eversor to fry the leadership of a country as large as the United States. From space, you can bomb the capital before countermeasures can be activated as well as the approximate 10 other sites in the country that would sever any possible recovery of leadership (source: Analysis of American Cold War vulnerabilities).

The Eversor is ultimately just one person and even it will have trouble chasing down down all 100 Senators and ~400+ House members in a single room. You can't count on the Eversor to do that even in the 40K universe.

Use that warp dickery to drop the equivalent of an Inquisition party favor bomb on the capital. Don't need to waste the paperwork requisitioning an Assassin.
>>
>>50981083

This anon: >>50981340 is right.
Eversor assassins wipe the floor with Space Marines.

>>50979790
He succeeds within the hour, unless key figures are out of country, in which case he has to figure out a way to track them down. He probably finishes them off within a week if that is the case. Remember, they're psycho berzerkers who can also sneak around like ninjas, and hypothetically pilot/drive almost anything.
But no, nothing short of an air strike or armored support is going to slow him down. Most standard firearms in our world will have a rough time damaging him, and that's presuming you *hit* him to begin with, considering he moves like a fuckin' Matrix character.
>>
>>50981340
>Lords of Terra want to send a message
Given the state of our political discourse, I don't think anybody today could interpret the difference between an Eversor attack or an orbital bombardment out of nowhere.

At the end of the day, something beyond our current level of technology went and effectively wiped out our leadership. And we're going to make all the shit decisions we would normally make by legislating away our freedoms regardless of the degree of infrastructure damage difference between an Eversor and orbital bombardment.

Like, imagine someone actually gives a nerd the time of day and that person explains that the crazed monster in a skull-mask and body glove is actually a nuanced terrorist strike as opposed to a general terrorist strike, people are going to fucking look at you like you're crazy for making such a distinction.

Like, considering that the message an Eversor sends is, "You're doing something fucking wrong - all of you - and we used disproportional force to express you need to get your shit together" should galvanize some sort of government reform; instead, people are just going to treat it like any regular attack and run around with our heads cut off making the same mistakes again that justified the Eversor in the first place.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>implying he wouldn't do it himself

DRAIN THE WARP
>>
>>50981647

Fair enough, but surely sheer weight of fire will bring him down ? The DC Area alone has thousands if cops, that's gotta mean something even to an eversor.
>>
>>50981908
Unless those cops are packing anti-tank weaponry, I wouldn't expect them to do much more than slow the Eversor down a bit.
>>
Dispatching one assassin from any temple is largely considered overkill even by 40k standards. An eversor would complete his assignment with ease , it wouldn't even be story worthy, just him shredding every thing in front of him.

There was a book where a callidus (the shape-shifting assassins) fought an eversor and it took her three tries to finally tire him out enough to train with him.

The entire US would be fucked if they got hit with one.
>>
>>50981524

Because an Eversor is a weapon of terror. They are used to send a Message.

You drop one because it will shred all it's targets and then the world will surrender after it's cleaned all the shit out of it's pants.
>>
>never played the tabletop

I don't know the first thing about how powerful the Officio Assassins are in the crunch.
I know enough about the fluff that I can rank them in terms of it:
1. Callidus
2. Eversor (though sometimes below Culexus)
3. Culexus
4. Vindicare

So /tg/, how do they stack up and rank amongst themselves in the tabletop and why?
>>
>>50979790
There are multiple redundant levels of military and alphabet soup security forces in the District. The Eversor would be flesh jelly before he made it to Capitol Hill.

An Astartes strike force would be much better suited for such a mission.
>>
>>50982457

Like what ? Could you elaborate, consider that the attack is taking place without any prior warning.
>>
>>50981793
The orbital strike destoys the building, the bodies and may be confused with a "simple" acr of war.

The eversor is shock and awe, maximum carnage and mess but corpses remain identifiable along with whatever horrible way they died, be it disembowelling, blood boiling biotoxin or spontaneous creativity on the eversors side.

The hard to remove stains reminds the next lord of what will happen to traitors.
>>
>>50981825
>drain the warp!
>please allow me to introduce my new advisors: Mortarion, Fulgrim, Perturabo, Lorgar, Angron, Magnus, and Horus!
>these men are great, they're the greatest, and they're going to help me make the Imperium great again!
>>
>>50982479
There is an armored division and a mechanized infantry division on rapid response duty at all times in DC. There are fighter squadrons sitting on the Tarmac, fueled and loaded out, 24 hours a day that could be in the air and on target within twelve to fifteen minutes. The entire DC area is under so much surveillance that even an Eversor would be tracked within a reasonable range. Not to mention the various non-DoD agencies with their own MRAPs and light ordinance. I'm not saying the Eversor would job to Murica or anything- he would certainly reap a grim toll among the defenders -I am simply saying that even he would be hard pressed to take out what amounts to well over 600 targets which are never all in the same vicinity at once before he takes a 200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round to the face.
>>
>>50982479
The reason I said that an Astartes raid would work better comes from the simple fact that a Marine force can be in many places at once, which is something a lone assassin can't do.
>>
>>50979790

Literally any other assassin would have a better chance.

Eversor still has like a 90% probability, though. He will reveal himself too soon, however.
>>
>Canonically slaughters whole squads of Space Marines

hardly. in the fluff space marines are fucking hard to kill. an average space marine might be outmatched by an eversor one-on-one, but that is party because the eversor also comes with equipment like weapons that ignore the marine's superior armor.

if you compare one with an astartes whom his brothers refer to as a "swordsman", then the space marine will reliably best an eversor. like 75% or the time.
>>
>>50982725
>Eversor still has like a 90% probability, though. He will reveal himself too soon, however.

I don't think so. Eversors are not stupid. read the Nemesis novel.
they are excessively violent, yes, but very efficient and clever about it.
also, they are pumped full of tactical information about the environment and targets before each mission.
>>
File: 1272503044047[1].jpg (779KB, 1024x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1272503044047[1].jpg
779KB, 1024x1603px
>>50982543
>200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round
We have those?

>>50982823
The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions, and is so fast that it got an invulnerable 4+ save, can shoot twice a round, charge 12" and deliver 1D6+3 attacks. Fluffwise he tears the marine a new one.
Also, as illustrated in the RPG, he can drive vehicles. So expect him to steal a MRAP or an Apache after killing anyone on the site.

Meanwhile, Eversor comic dump. Gather round, everybody.
>>
File: 1272503085198[1].jpg (744KB, 1024x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1272503085198[1].jpg
744KB, 1024x1599px
>>50983046
>>
>>50982823
A hundred eversors slew a combined retribution force consisting of three seperate chaters to a single marine.
>>
File: 1272503119193[1].jpg (784KB, 1024x1609px) Image search: [Google]
1272503119193[1].jpg
784KB, 1024x1609px
>>50983055
>>
File: 1272503158529[1].jpg (741KB, 1024x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1272503158529[1].jpg
741KB, 1024x1610px
>>50983070
>>
File: 1272503199789[1].jpg (577KB, 1024x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1272503199789[1].jpg
577KB, 1024x1596px
>>50983080
>>
File: 1272503257993[1].jpg (732KB, 1024x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1272503257993[1].jpg
732KB, 1024x1602px
>>
>>50982543
Just keep in mind that Eversors preform even above hollywood level of ridiculous.
>>
File: 1272503306812[1].jpg (569KB, 1024x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1272503306812[1].jpg
569KB, 1024x1600px
>>50983099
>>
>>50983046
>The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions, and is so fast that it got an invulnerable 4+ save, can shoot twice a round, charge 12" and deliver 1D6+3 attacks. >Fluffwise he tears the marine a new one.

you mean, on the tabletop.
crunch=/=fluff
>>
>>50983112
Shall I post Vindicare kicking ass, now?
>>
>>50981524
An Eversor leaves more of the local infrastructure intact.
>>
>>50980228
Security is more about organization then raw firepower. And in 40k organization is stupidly bad everywhere from the High Lords themselves down to the low-hive jaintors.
>>
>>50983061

Wait, who, why and when the fuck used a combined force of a HUNDRED temple assassins?

IIRC for the 13th black crusade, the high lords dispatched about a dozen for Abaddon.

As for the original question, I don't know all the defenses of DC, they are no doubt ridiculous by Earth standards. Then again, so is the Eversor.

I expect him to kill all his targets if he has the right timing, if not at least a significant number of them. Our security forces simply don't expect the level at which its body, training and weapons are.
>>
>>50980643
Dude.
Corrupt governor commands the power of a PLANET. It's much more than United States. And tech level is significantly higher, whatever people say.
Eversor feels barely any pain, tears through guard of governors like butter, and you question if this walking "You're dead" button can down some crappy local administrator. Dude. It's like asking "Can Apache helicopter take out a McDonalds manager?"
>>
>>50983307
This certainly isn't because the authors haven't touched anything military ever with the exception of Thorpe, maybe; Last Chancers struck me like somethign a vet would write and that writing competency in any other way than "In a sweep of his arm, Brother-Sergeant Gladius decapitated half a dozen orks" is hard.
>>
>Couldn't even kill Horus

who cares
>>
>>50983347
Vandire executed the entire high council and went home to the main temple.
>>
>>50983373
>even
>Horus
Nigga. Horus is Chosen by FOUR fucking overpowered extradimensional beings. Even. Nigga you dumb.
>>
>>50983381
Vangorich*
>>
>>50983112
Fuck yea. What's the name of this comic? Is there more?
>>
>>50983120
Yes. Yes please.
>>
>>50983416
>>50983452
It was just a short story in warhammer monthly.
Have to eat now, but here's the Samos Sanction with a Vindicare operating operationally.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Samos_Sanction
>>
>>50983504
Thank you very much.
>>
>>50983358
No, it certainly isn't because of that.

It's because the Imperium is designed to be incompetent and inefficient.
>>
>>50983046

>We have those?

Yes, yes we do. And those but but one option in the American arsenal of brutal-as-fuck murder tools.

>>50983102
I understand that, but there is no amount of OP plot armor that allows one assassin to completely decapitate a government whose order of succession runs hundreds deep, before you even get into the fact that the governments of the Several States would be untouched by a clean sweep at the federal level.
>>
>>50983719
That's a different matter.
The Eversor can't relly deal with the designated survivor system.
That's what the Callidus is for.
>>
>>50983719
Which platform carries 200mm guns currently?
>>
>>50982539
>Oh, and Belakor is our friend and a very smart guy.
>>
>>50983858
Howitzers and shore guns. I think most 200mm guns have been retired now though. The 203mm howitzers were replaced with 155mm guns a while ago
>>
>>50979790
Why would he assasinate the Emperor?
>>
>>50979790
Didn't he take on a 2000 points tau army in the recent codex and almost win if it wasn't for Farsight?
>>
>>50979790
he absolutely succeeds
probably wont make it out alive though
>>
>>50983885
Pretty much, He slaughtered a whole building full of scientists in about 15 minutes, then BTFO the battle suits that were sent against him. Only Farsight and his entourage were able to actually hit it, more due to the fact that it was in point blank range and there were 9 of them.

The Vindicare actually has a much more impressive kill count, going so far as to shoot down transport ships and riptides
>>
>>50982539
And Alpharius?
>>
is there anything like a chaos possessed eversor?
>>
File: sigismund.jpg (157KB, 639x412px) Image search: [Google]
sigismund.jpg
157KB, 639x412px
>>50983046
>The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions

I don't think chapter champions have the same WS as Eversors either.

The only named Space Marine character with WS equal to that of an Eversor that I can think of is fucking Sigismund.
>>
>>50984444
Whoa, since when are Eversor WS 7 ?
>>
File: EVERSOR MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (282KB, 1165x1748px) Image search: [Google]
EVERSOR MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
282KB, 1165x1748px
>>50984458
They're actually WS8. All Imperial assassins are now.

But these are abstractions statted up to make them efficient and terrifying in game. In fluff, Sigismund would probably beat the fuck out of several assassins, as would any other named character known for their awesome swordy skills, like Jain Zhar and such.
>>
Why doesn't the Imperium just mass produce Vindicares and Eversors and the like?

They're clearly just as tough and strong as Marines, while being more than twice as fast and dexterous, and ridiculously skilled. It's not a training problem, as Marine chapters have the same issue of needing to train/condition their recruits from an extremely young age, and they still manage to make that work.

Is there just some material used in the creation of assassins that the Imperium can't easily replicate?
>>
>>50981347
Anyone got the image of the story from the codex about one of them going full Metal Gear Rising on a bunch of Tau battlesuits?

Video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3bHENs9-2A
>>
>>50984494
What the fuck? He has Horus-tier WS.
What in the everloving fuck. Is he literally fucking Raiden or something?
>>
>>50984592
Like I said, abstraction.

But it's not that rare for certain dudes to have better WS than guys like Horus. Horus wasn't even particularly famed for his dueling abilities, he was the generally good but not the best at anything Primarch.

Solitaires and Lelith Hesperax are WS9, for example.
>>
File: solitaire 4.jpg (301KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
solitaire 4.jpg
301KB, 1600x1200px
>>50984699
Solitaires are hilariously ridiculous.

>oh hey dude, where'd your Tactical Squad go?
>>
>>50984531
>Why doesn't the Imperium just mass produce Vindicares and Eversors and the like?
Cost, and extreme specialization.
>>
>>50984531
The assassins can be made in fewer places and the costs are too high to mass produce them like marines are.
>>
The Eversor will just kill FUCKING EVERYONE in DC, because there will be no weapon system capable of hurting it unless someone deploys a nuke on the thing.

Eversors are like someone crossbred Neo with the Predator and the Terminator and John Matrix and Rambo and Darth Vader.

They will murder everything in their path, and then when their biomechanical batteries run out or they die, they fucking explode and annihilate everything around them.
>>
>>50983870
So... not on any platforms that are actually relevant?
>>
>>50984862
>>50984945
What makes it more costly to make assassins over Marines?

It's a similarly long process, and Marines seem to do their thing basically for free. Money doesn't seem to be an issue - Imperial authorities can can just requisition whatever they want, often for the most superfluous of reasons. It's not like the Imperium actually pays most of its workers; if something can be replicated then an institution like the Imperium should be able to reproduce that thing en mass. The implants for assassins are more complex? Fuck it, train up more serfs to make them, pay them nothing because this is the fucking Imperium and it does what it wants, just tell them it's their religious duty or some shit. The casualty rate is higher? Fuck, who cares, human life is literally the cheapest and most abundant resource in the Imperium, even if only one in every thousand recruits survived the process you could still churn out more Vindicares than Cadia's entire population within a generation.

It would only make sense if there's something involved in creating assassins that is ridiculously rare and can't be synthesized.
>>
>>50985285
It's the case with any war economy. Yet why do you think Germany still produced Pz IV at the end of ww2?

For the cost of one assassin you can create several marines or entire IG regiments.
The serfs could be making a hundred weapon servitors instead of one assassin worth of implants.
What good are assassins when you need to guard manufactorias, or patrol the streets for ork infiltrators? When you need to crush a small guerilla cell that would barely keep in IG platoon occupied for an hour?
Besides : Where are you going to find teachers? Do you really think the other high lords will allow the Assassinorium to expand?

More simply, why do you think current armies aren't composed only of special forces?
>>
>>50984731
Is it just me, or would Solitaires be retardedly strong in a Zone Mortalis game? Just run him through a wall using his 1/game special ability and then BTFO an entire squad of marines in CQC.
>>
>>50982543
Realistically those forces would be better employed dragging the intended targets from their hidding places. Less romantic than a glorious last stand against an unstoppable enemy but the option that would save the most lives
>>
>>50983358
>with the exception of Thorpe, maybe; Last Chancers struck me like somethign a vet would write
more based on war movies than war experience

But the good kind of war movies. Last chancers is probably his best stuff.
>>
>>50986924
>US forces throwing their leaders to the lions when faced with a single (very fast and resilient) man because fuck duty and honour.
And you put that in the same sentense as "realistically" ?
>>
>>50985426
Don't forget that Eversors specifically make great assassins, but horrible soldiers.

The moment an Eversor is activated, it is already fated to die. (Or at least that's how they worked in 3rd Ed.) Eversors are so full with biological, biomechanical and chemical enhancements, on top of carrying just bombs inside their body that when the drugs and batteries begin to run out, they explode. Or when their two, or three, four, whatever I forgot hearts stop.

They're essentially a living bomb that will kill everything around it until it is detonation time.
>>
>>50982543
>which are never all in the same vicinity at once before he takes a 200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round to the face.
You do realise you're talking about a guy who can dodge fucking laser beams?

Eversor assassins have an invincibility save... that is explained in lore as basically Matrix Bullet-time dodging.
>>
>>50985285
Everything that is put into Assassins is nothing short of the best. Their implants are top-tier Archaeotech, their hypnotherapy chambers are Archaeotech-tier, the people who actually make them are the top of their field, the chemicals and materials used to make everything, from their wargear and implants to the machines that make their wargear and implants, are pretty much the best the Imperium can do.

That's why an Assassin is superior to a Space Marine in most aspects (seems like they're not quite as strong or tough, but close, and much better in many other ways) despite it taking less time to make an Assassin, they've gone balls-deep into the Archaeotech vaults and are probably breaking every law of logistical foundation the Administratum can cook up just to make one.
>>
>>50987066
>anything being faster than light
>warhammer lore
>>
>>50987123
Note that they don't dodge lasers in the traditional sense, but instead trace the barrels of their opponent's weaponry and move to ensure it was never going to hit in the first place. An Assassin's senses, reactions and speed are well above anything the best non-augmented Humans in history could ever pull off, and are then augmented further by their equipment.
>>
File: 1482464699595.png (586KB, 709x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482464699595.png
586KB, 709x960px
>>50984444
nice numbers
>>
>>50981908
Sure, but you have to remember that this guy is sneaky, wearing super advanced body armor, has hardcore cybernetics and can literally *dodge bullets*.
Yeah, if he goes walking into the street with dozens of cops shooting at him and just sort of stands there he'll probably die. The problem is that he's going to appear seemingly out of nowhere, massacre a bunch of people while dodging every shot that comes his way, and then disappear again.
Think about how terrorists with even minimal training can give the authorities the slip, potentially for days at a time. Now remember that the Eversor literally has super powers. Aside from luck, the best way to deal with an Eversor is to hit the area he appears in with artillery.
>>
>>50979790
Don't Eversors wear power armor or something like that? That means they could take on autocannons and more than likely survive.

Either way, they're sanic fast, so good luck actually hitting him, let alone have enough time to aim or track him with any sort of weapon, manually or otherwise.
>>
>>50987018
Pragmatically I should say.

I don't doubt that any soldier worthy of his uniform would be honoured to die in defense of his nation. Just that a sufficiently ruthless commander in full possession of all the facts might make a choice to save civilian lives instead.

I honestly can't imagine that would happen in modern day America. On an Imperial world with the possibility that PDF and local military would have divided loyalty it could be a different story
>>
>>50982543
>200mm
Anon, unless you're talking artillery, the largest tank gun ever made was the British 186mm, iirc.
>>
>>50987041
Even in 3rd Ed, they could sometimes be recovered after a mission.

It's just pretty likely that they'd die, because they're sent into the most ridiculous circumstances, and designed to ignore grievous injury of it means a sure kill. Eversors can and do just kill their mark and get the fuck out to wherever their extraction point is, they just have a 50/50 chance of dying in the process of completing their mission.
>>
>>50979790
he kills anyone he can find. if the leadership is in session, everyone present gets reduced to salsa. VIPs with preplanned escape routes can probably dodge long enough to avoid the slaughter, assuming the eversor doesn't have constant intel support.

regular security services are woefully underequipped to deal with this kind of fast-moving threat, but attrition will eventually get him.
>>
>>50987436
>Don't Eversors wear power armor or something like that?

No. They literally have zero armour. Look at >>50984494

No armour save. Just the 4++ they get from Lightning Reflexes.

That said, they're still insanely hard to hit. Artillery or carpet bombing, or just so much fire that they literally cannot go anywhere without being hit, would be required to bring one down. And they're so tenacious that unless you literally riddle them with bullets or blast them apart, they WILL get up and attempt to resume their mission.
>>
>>50980509
RUSSIAN OPERATIVE TURNS HACKING THREATS INTO REALITY - Washington Post
>>
>>50979790
Blame it on russian hackers
Blame it on white supremacists
Lament that this will lead to an increase in hate crimes against groups with a predilection to violently explode
>>
>>50981340
>subtle
>orbital bombardment

I like your thinking
>>
>>50982543
what 200mm munitions do we have that AREN'T 'anti-personnel'?

and of course the problem is, the eversor can basically kool-aid man his way through walls. he engages in a level of hypermobile cityfighting beyond anything we've seen on this planet.
>>
>>50980509
How good is his armour really?
>>
>>50987954
see
>>50987800

The difficulty comes from his speed, stealth, and ability to shrug off injuries that would be fatal to even Space Marines.
>>
>>50987954
See:
>>50984494
>>50987800
>>
>>50987954
His armor is probably a flak level bodyglove, but with inbuilt cameleoline/stealth materials that makes him difficult to focus on visually or infrared, and with a backpack of auto-deployed stimulants that further boost his already superhuman senses and reflexes.
>>
>>50984185
>implying the 2016 election wasn't alpha legion fuckery in the first place.

They even shifted the blame on the Russians before fucking back off into the warp
>>
>>50979790
no he fails horribly because he isnt real

lmbo at all the nerds jacking themselves raw over this pathetic power fantasy of a freak in a latex bodysuit and skull mask killing an entire city of 658000 people. fucking muppets

rules as written, an eversor is statistically guaranteed to die to 50 shots from guardsmen with las/autoguns. the uniformed secret service would be comparable if you model them in 40k. dc is swarming with hundreds of security and paramilitarized police forces. ergo the eversor would get royally fucked pretty quickly
>>
>>50988200
>comparing soldiers with futuristic tech and a history of fighting actual demons from mega hell and superhuman monsters to mundane secret servicemen armed with 9mms

Lel.

DC will run out of servicemen before the Eversor goes down. This isn't a battlefield situation where fifty guardsmen can line up and fill the air with so many lasbolts that it is literally impossible to dodge. It's a close-quarters game of cat and mouse, with servicemen likely moving in groups of ten at most, which is not nearly enough to do shit.

The Eversor will die when they hit him will an artillery strike.
>>
>>50988200
>rules as written

no one says he kills all of DC you gibbering idiot

the problem is barring freak luck there isn't anything present to take him out that doesn't also involve:
- chain of command issues to allow said weapons
- deployment issues to engage said weapons
- friendly fire/civilian casualties
- advanced cityfighting styles we haven't faced (hypermobility in a dense urban environment)

yeah if he takes the nice wide open avenues between buildings he'll get fucked by a helicopter. but what if he's using his meltabombs and power sword to make paths that weave in and out of buildings, through the sewers/tunnels.

people freaking the fuck out on all news stations and social media would sow enough chaos to actually make his job easier.
>>
I gotta say, I'd love to see a comic or a book series following a one in five billion Eversor that managed survive a supposedly suicidal mission, loosen their conditioning in the following void of orders, and went rogue.
>>
>>50985285
>What makes it more costly to make assassins over Marines?
Assassins are far far above the capabilities of marines. A vindicare's rifle is less like a bolter and more like a vanquisher cannon in terms of difficulty for the Imperium to make, they are heavily augmented, eversors are pumped full of extremely expensive combat drugs. Beyond that eversors are extremely unstable and have to be carefully transported because if you mess up you let an eversor loose on your ship, and have fun cleaning that mess up.

Asking why the Imperium doesn't field marines in droves is like asking why the US didn't give every soldier a BAR during the first world war. The cost is massive, the training is more expensive, and the logistics are completely infeasible.
>>
>>50988200
How many laserguns are there in DC?

Everyone in DC fucking dies, nerd.
>>
>>50988457
would be cool, but the imperium seems to pack a fair number of insurance policies.

eversors are so biochemically unstable that the eventual meltdown is accounted for without 'maintenance'.
>>
>>50988457
There is a comic about exactly that IIRC.

An old dying inquisitor travels to a world where an Eversor due to either some mechanical or biological failure kept on living long after it should die... and it just kept killing people for years after it killed its target.

The capital of the planet is just a fucking ruin, because the Eversor is just systematically killing anything in a radius around the capital.

Eventually after a hard battle, the Inquisitor kills the Eversor, says some blabla about the Emperor forgiving his mistakes and then dies as well from the wounds he sustained.

Might have been a fan comic though.
>>
>>50988412

yep, not a single chromosomally challenged person has said a thing that isnt real could kill a whole ci...

>>50985012
>>50988469

oh. well then

carry on you pimply faced teens with your bizarre wank fuel. godspeed
>>
>>50988651
In fact, I am the most mature. Big penis too.
>>
>>50988651
The only chromosomally challenged person here is you.

Do you even know what a shift key is?
>>
>>50984554
Could Raiden beat an Eversor?
>>
>>50988775
>implying raiden isn't the big boss (hehehehe) of the Assassin Temple
>>
>>50988775
raiden has a face and a name, so probably
>>
>>50988775
Yes, Eversor Assassins are ridiculously good but aren't taken to a silly extreme, they're meant to be an intimidating addition to the setting rather than something to laugh at. Meanwhile Raiden basically does everything that Kharne was doing in the Traitor's Hate books but better.

That being said, pre-Sam Raiden might lose, post-Sam Raiden would definitely beat one.
>>
>>50988527
Doesn't ring a bell for me. It's probably a fancomic.

>>50988651
>I hate discussing hypothetical situations about things that don't exist.
What are you even doing on /tg/?
>>
>>50988651
Those people are missing the point.

The question of the thread is, could an Eversor as described in the fluff effectively decapitate the modern planetary government?

And the answer to that is, kind of. In the confines of a city given the training and equipment of the local response forces, they can't be expected stop him from accomplishing his objectives. Given the prejudice against collateral civilian damage, the appropriate military response with weapons that effectively deal with the type of threat posed by an Eversor (yes, we have them) will be delayed and only deployed with great reluctance, and only after he has accomplished a great deal of his stated goals.

That said, with the way the government works, he most likely will not succeed in the stated objective just because of how spread out his targets are, and the established protocols in effect to prevent exactly this kind of thing from happening. Eversors are supposed to be able to take down a few targets, up to a few dozen. Triple digits are only really possible if they all cluster up in one spot, which the US Gov doesn't do as a rule.

Or he could run down Pennsylvania Avenue at a waiting, entrenched battalion of MechInf. I mean it could happen.
>>
>>50989000
Evesors can drive any vehicle and fly any aircraft. They are also adept infiltrators.

They make damn sure that when they do start decorating the walls with your entails, there's nothing big there to help you.

>Eversors are supposed to be able to take down a few targets, up to a few dozen.
Their temples is about taking down the designated target, and anything that tries to stop you and cause a much terror as possible while doing it.
So yeah, if it takes several hundred dead people to get the job done a Evesor can and will kill several hundred people.

>>50979790
Yes. A Eversors are supposed to be able to take down a few targets, up to a few dozen. A Venenum will be better for that sort of job, tho.
>>
File: 1_800_EXT_HELP_dog_turtle.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1_800_EXT_HELP_dog_turtle.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>50989547
>Venenum assassin

Game over man, game over.
>>
>>50989547
Basically my point is that the Eversor will kill anything it gets it hands on. But the nature of the assigned task means likely a few will escape the Emperor's Judgment simply by means of not being in the region. Even ones in the vicinity may survive if they bug out as soon as it's clear that shit is going down.

After he kills all his targets in the selected area, but has a couple dozen more spread out over the area of the country, how will he reach them without further intel support? Even if he can drive and fly, and procure the requisite vehicles (which coincidentally negates some of his greatest strengths), how will he find people who are actively hiding from him?
>>
>>50989000
There *is* a bit in one of the old codexes about an Eversor exterminating the 300+ members of a noble family over the course of a few days. An exceptional event that required the assassin to use a spoon as a weapon at one point, but still an example of the fact that he could take a pretty large number of targets under the right circumstances.
>>
>>50987066
>Dodge this
>On my position
>>
>>50990004
Assuming they were all in one place, more or less, though.
>>
>>50990051
Oh yeah, I'm sure that people would love to see an artillery strike in the middle of DC because some terrorist is killing a few senators.

That'll go over well with the current political climate in the USA.
>>
>>50990051
>Targeting yourself with artillery apparently makes it more difficult to avoid than targeting somewhere else

?
>>
File: IMG-20161229-WA0001.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161229-WA0001.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
Am assassin from the Venus or Venenum temple would fair way better than any of the more violent options.
>>
>>50990094
It wasn't a lone maniac terrorist with a skull mask. It was a battalion of Russian paratroopers. Any stories to the contrary are vicious lies meant to deceive the American People.
>>
>>50990216
Vanus
>>
>>50990119
It was tongue in cheek. In truth, a single F-18 with a couple 500lb JDAMs could take it out with minimal collateral damage.
>>
>>50990257
The final explosion is attributed to the techniques the Russian paratroopers learned while they were being trained in joint ISIS-Spetsnaz operations, under express orders of Putin. Ugh gross yuck what is this i can't even...
>>
>>50990300
Oh yeah, it definitely could, but I think the biggest issue is actually getting the knowledge of where the hell the Assassin is up there. Eversors, and Assassins in general, are absolutely insane to try and keep an eye on, because if you're not in cover while it's dashing between buildings you're going to drop to the ground with no head or a hypertoxin needle in your neck during its next pass.

If he was actually within the blast of that sort of ordinance though, yeah, he's cooked.
>>
Speaking of assassins, who was the faggot who told Horus about the unit of assassins sent to kill him? They would have succeeded, Kell, Garantine and Co.
>>
>>50990349
Yeah, but we're talking a guy who knows how to operate stealthily, runs like Usain Bolt, long-jumps like Olympians, and can smash his way through shitty woodwalls at full speed (stone or concrete would slow him somewhat, probably needs the power sword for that shit).

Half the time, the reports of his location will be false alarms called in by people jumping at their own shadows).

The ugly truth is that unless you can somehow force him into the open, indiscriminate weapons are the way to go. Not likely to happen, either way.
>>
>>50990394
Was it for sure that Horus knew and sent Luc Sedirae to take the bullet for him? I mean, body doubles are probably a sensible precaution.
>>
>>50990767

Kind of implied though, isn't it?
>>
>>50990216
>not maerorus
>>
>>50980509
Snipers in choppers. You'll lose a couple but they'll get him eventually.
>>
>>50991275
I don't know if it'd be possible to keep track of an Assassin moving through dense urban terrain, let alone accurately fire on one with a sniper rifle, especially from the range and movement of a chopper. Besides, it'd likely figure out what you're trying to do after the first few shots miss and change its tactics to make sure they aren't as much of a threat anymore.
>>
File: Eversor_Vs_Orks.jpg (226KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
Eversor_Vs_Orks.jpg
226KB, 500x713px
>>50979790
U.S. Senator
>WS/BS: 2 | S/T: 2 | W: 1 | I: 3 | A: 1 | Ld: 8 | Sv: 6+

Unit Composition: 100

May include up to 435 additional Representatives

U.S. Representative
>WS/BS: 2 | S/T: 2 | W: 1 | I: 2 | A: 1 | Ld: 5 | Sv: 6+

Secret Service
>WS/BS: 3 | S/T: 3 | W: 1 | I: 5 | A: 1 | Ld: 9 | Sv: 5+

Unit Composition: 20

Special Rules: Dead units are replaced and autodeploy from reserves for duration of game after Secret Service deploys as normal

Turn One

America starts with Secret Service and House of Representatives in reserves

Eversor uses infiltrate to start in House of Senate, fires Executioner Pistol 4 times at AP 5+, rolls 3d6 on the charge and attacks 8 times. Senate Piles in to make 8 attacks, lands no hits, fails morale check and falls back. Eversor Sweeping Advances killing 5 more, consolidates towards cover

America Regroups and argues with the Assassin player that it can move again until the Assassin player says "Okay fuck it, btw Assassins get politicians as preferred enemy, it's in the codex". Moves its units towards Eversor and then charges, Eversor Overwatches using full ballistic skill, killing 4 more units and causing another argument.

During Fight Sub-phase Eversor attacks 5 times at Initiative 7 kills 5 enemies. Senate piles in and makes 16 AP- attacks (8 attacks +1 to each unit for the successful charge). 1 successful hit, 1 wound, Assassin saves on 4+

America fails the second Moral Check and falls back, Assassin Sweeping Advances and kills 5 more

America loses 31 Senators at end of turn 1

>Assassin player pauses, "Hold up, rules book says a unit refers to a whole squad. Senate came in squads of 100. Successful Sweeping Advance says the "Unit Caught" is destroyed. Does that mean all of Senate is dead?"

America quits 40k to play Infinity.
>>
>>50988200
>no he fails horribly because he isnt real

>rules as written, an eversor is statistically guaranteed to die to 50 shots from guardsmen with las/autoguns

It's not a great success as bait, but I respect this flourish.
>>
>>50995182
What if that senator played college ball?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBlLsLFhS3Q
>>
File: Senator Prime.gif (85KB, 480x462px) Image search: [Google]
Senator Prime.gif
85KB, 480x462px
>>50995727
I wasn't there for that Stat Me thread, but I assume playing college football at a cushy Ivy League school + Nanos is grounds for primarch level

Senator Prime
>WS: 8 | BS: 6 | S/T/W: 6 | I: 7 | A: 6 | Ld: 10 | Sv: 2+4++

Special Rules: Nanos: Raises toughness by one and recovers 1 unsaved wound on a 4+ each turn.

Eversor Assassin infiltrates within range of Senator Prime, makes 4 shooting attacks with the Needle gun, Hits 4 times, makes 3 wounds, rolls 3d6 to charge, Senator Prime makes 6 snap shots with his ranged weapon (Pure Manliness), lands 2 AP 1 hits, Assassin saves both. Assassin attacks 8 times (4+ to hit, 2+ to wound), Hits and Wounds 5 times, SP saves 4 times.

Senator Prime attacks 6 times (4 to hit, 2 to wound), Hits/Wounds 4 times. Assassin succeeds 4+ saves.

>Senator Prime has 2 wounds left, Assassin has 3

Turn 2

Assassin lands 3 attacks, Prime saves 2

Prime Regenerates 1 wound, rolls 6 attacks, 3 hit, 2 wound, Assassin saves 1.

>2 : 2

Turn 3

Assassin lands 2 wounds, Senator rolls snake eyes and flips his shit.

Rolls and recovers a wound, Attacks 6 times, lands 3, Assassin saves 2

>1 : 1

Assassin lands 2 hits, Senator saves 2

SP Recovers 1 wound, hits 2 times, Assassin saves 1

Assassin Explodes, Senator Prime saves against explosion, using it to light a cigar and smug

>"Don't Fuck with this Senator!"
>>
File: EversorAssassin.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EversorAssassin.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>50979790
>>
>>50979790
Without problems, they can take railguns that treat tank armor like butter to the face and still walk like nothing, I don't think we have anything that can even tickle him
>>
>>50988815
Pre-Sam Raiden was stopping full speed ramming submarines with his body
>>
>>50996884
>playing college football at some cushy ivy leage school
TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
>>
>>50983347
The assassins rebelled.
>>
>>50983347
I remember a piece of fluff about the 13rd black crusade that was a briefing for 40 assassins (and it was implied that they sent such parties on a regular basis), but they may have been tasked with killing his lieutenants as well.
>>
>>50996884
Personally I'd drop his WS to 7 and lift his S/T to 8. This guy was lifting fifty-ton machinery and chucking it around without visible difficulty.
>>
>>51002878
Rules of Nature
>>
>>51002878
Warbringer - Living Weapon
>>
>>51002878
Sick Puppies - You're going down
>>
>>51002878
Deathstars - Blietzkrieg
>>
File: 1453134449720.jpg (161KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1453134449720.jpg
161KB, 600x620px
>>50979790
An Eversor would make an Expendables film look like a romcom. Fucking everything is dead. Then when enough tanks and air drops are called in his bio-meltdown will make a hole through the Earth's fucking crust.
>>
>>51002878
Drowning Pool - Let the bodies hit the floor
>>
>>51002878
The DOOM soundtracks.
>>
>>51002878
the jitterbug
>>
>>51002878
Yakety Sax
>>
How many gaurdsman wielding autoguns would it take?

There lies your answer.
>>
>>51002878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8UYGQeavRw
>>
Eversor kills 2d20 senators, secret servicemen, policemen and soldiers a turn.

/thread
>>
File: 1481656723752.jpg (21KB, 245x262px) Image search: [Google]
1481656723752.jpg
21KB, 245x262px
>>50984554
>Platinum will never make an Eversor game

Why must life be so cruel.
>>
>>50983087
>>50983099
Poor Eversor, he was sent out purely to job to the Callidus.
>>
Officio Assassinorum 45 when?
>>
>>51003831
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
imagining an eversor tune this in his brain while rampaging through a sea of corpses and mentally going "you're not getting away" to soldiers running in pants-shitting terror just made my day
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.