[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most henious act your BBEG has ever commited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 27

What's the most henious act your BBEG has ever commited?
>>
Do you mean villain?
>>
Tried to eat all of existence.
>>
>>50975712
Yes. Do you need OP to list all possible synonym? I'll throw in a main antagonist for you. Final boss. Greatest adversary. Final foe. Biggest enemy. Really bad person that the party is supposed to fight. That person that does the bad things in a story.
>>
>>50975692
Launch a nerve gas attack on our base
>>
>>50975692
He waged an extermely fierce and cunning campaign to keep a small town indolent and powerless.
>>
>>50975906
BBEG is specifically for the power behind the main apparent antagonist. The "It was me all along" guy.
>>
>>50975692
He didn't use coasters
>>
He stopped a genocide.
>>
>>50975692
He stripped a whole continent of any life the size of a human baby or bigger.
>>
>>50975932
*sax solo*
>>
>>50976013
That's not how I see it used at all. Big Bad End Guy. Sure, you might have a secret villain and that might make him the BBEG but unless you have a twist like that your apparent antagonist is going to be your BBEG.
>>
Caught a super hero on the run.
>>
>>50976098
You're getting confused with Big Bad and Big Bad Evil Guy. It's not an uncommon mistake on 4chan, but then again most people don't really pay attention to these sorts of things.
>>
>>50975692
He bored us with his one-dimensional "AM GOD" rant and made himself look like a petty bastard.
>>
>>50975692
Is it wrong that I want to throw a sharp object at that to make it pop and create a piss tsunami?
>>
>>50976013
>I have no idea what I'm talking about the post
>>
>>50976144
You have autism
>>
File: YdkE1dj.jpg (238KB, 892x1191px) Image search: [Google]
YdkE1dj.jpg
238KB, 892x1191px
He did some standard alchemist villain experiments on people and manipulated a cult to his own ends. The worst thing he ever did, and his greatest regret, was turn an edgelord into The Ultimate Life Form.
>>
>>50975692
Made the PC's do some "dirty" work for him. And paid them.

The dirty work was just finding a few of his lost heirlooms. He WAS the BBEG, thirty years ago. Now he's just a senile old man they help out and cherish, like an old grandpa.
>>
>>50975692
>2017
>having characters so one-dimensional you can classify them as BBEG or villain
>>
The big End Boss is a Great Old One but the one who was responsible for it being brought down to the world is a queen in her late 20's that was unable to birth a child for her husbands line to continue. When all medicinal attempts to conceive failed she turned to forbidden scrolls and dark knowledge to make a pact with the Great Old Ones. Her birthing a child to continue her husbands lineage in exchange for a undisclosed favor of equal value .

She eventually got her child but it was a human/Great Old One hybrid whos very existence opened the floodgates for other voidspawn to entered the realm.

Yes i ripped about 80% of the lore for my campaign from Bloodborne.
>>
>>50975692
He crashed this plane, INTO THE SURVIVORS
>>
He is palps from star wars so about a 100gb list of war crimes
>>
File: 1435097612703.png (309KB, 620x700px) Image search: [Google]
1435097612703.png
309KB, 620x700px
>>50976427
>that image
>>
>>50975692
Stole the NPC waifu from the party.
Needless to say, the party is going full scorched earth now.
>>
He clogged the drains and then popped that bag.
>>
>>50976144
That's wrong.

Bbeg = big bad evil guy = literally just your main antagonist, period. end of statement.
>>
Manipulate the party into causing outright warfare between two cults, allowing him to ue the bloodshed and increased heresy to summon Daemons.
>>
>>50975692
Paid me to murder a peaceful but ineffective prince so that his competent but warmongering sister would take the throne so that he could make a profit from military contracts and manufacturing.
>>
File: TtjjKT5.png (845KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
TtjjKT5.png
845KB, 960x717px
Why?
>>
Games I'm running:
Scion: Started 7 different apocalypses simultaneously
Qin: Killed the half the population of a small island of the coast to turn into his undead minions.

Games I'm playing in:
Pathfinder: Break the magic rock that was stopping the world wound getting bigger.
L5R: Unclear, but probably blood magic
>>
File: 35.jpg (108KB, 923x779px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
108KB, 923x779px
>>50976013
>BBEG is specifically for the power behind the main apparent antagonist. The "It was me all along" guy.
>>
>>50976479
Nobody cares shitwad.
>>
>>50978007
>>50980777
Are you the guy who keeps misusing it because you don't know any better? Look what you've done, you've gone and confused other people.
>>
File: 1422688099856.jpg (15KB, 256x261px) Image search: [Google]
1422688099856.jpg
15KB, 256x261px
He convinced a cult and all their families that offering themselves to wake up the Old One they worshiped was the fastest way to enter heaven.
The Old One in question kills neither quickly nor cleanly.
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>50980818
Maybe? You're replying to two different people.
>>
>>50978961
UNLEASH THE FLOODGATES
>>
>>50980818
>the guy

It's everyone except you, tonkus.
>>
>>50975692
Invited the party to a dinner. Then insisted the party use coasters but did not supply coasters.
>>
>>50975692
Kidnapped and raised a dozen girls at a young age to be his slaves and so that they'd eventually give birth to genetically modified warriors he wants to use to protect his homeland from suffering invasion ever again. This includes brainwashing them to believing what he's doing is just and subjecting them to a lot of in vitro fertilizations that will almost certainly kill them.
>>
>>50980906
>i got confused on 4chan about an acronym that's been used in fanfiction preceding it, but i guess i'll keep using it wrong because no one's gonna call me out on it

Sorry, but I have to call you out on it because it really seems to upset you for someone to point out your mistake,
>>
>>50980818
>>50980932

No, the BBEG is the main antagonist. While the term can include a secret antagonist behind a more obvious one, the primary definition is more general than that. The only common way to misuse "BBEG" is to use it to refer to smalltime villains and minor antagonists.

Do you have a source saying otherwise?
>>
File: 1474237512989.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1474237512989.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>50980932
Mate, you're the only one in the thread who is holding on to that definition.

You also seem to be the only one in the thread who's mad.
>>
>>50980932
Yet again you're confronting someone else.
I'm neither of those two. BBEG is a generic, pretty broadly used piece of slang around these parts.
But good effort on that length of quoting things I never said.
>>
>>50980932
Reduce thine autism, autismo.

"Big bad evil guy" has only ever been used to mean "the main antagonist of the fic/story/etc". Sometimes, that includes the hidden villain behind a puppet villain, but only in the sense that he's the real BBEG and the other is just a puppet.

The term you're thinking of is "bigger bad", which specifically refers to a more important villain that hides behind a lackey villain. Dumbass.
>>
>>50980954
I'm not even the first guy to point it out in this thread.

I'm actually surprised you honestly think BBEG and main antogonist are interchangeable.
>>
>>50980962
No, you're getting all mixed up. It's starts with Big Bad, then behind him is the Big Bad Guy, and than behind him is the Big Bad Evil Guy. It all started from television fanfiction, and some people have adopted it for other purposes.

Big Bad is for the obvious main antagonist. The whole joke is that there's always something bigger beyond it, because television writing was always just "what's next?"
>>
>>50981019
And next you're going to tell me all about how the term "toon" originated on Warcraft servers.
>>
wew lads calm down
>>
>>50976013
>>50976144
>>50980818
>>50980932
>>50980975
>>50981019
>i didn't lurk before posting but instead insist on a definition from "television fanfiction" instead of the definition accepted on this board despite it says "/tg/ - Traditional Games" at the top of the page
thou must needs return
>>
File: 1465104087322.gif (193KB, 391x676px) Image search: [Google]
1465104087322.gif
193KB, 391x676px
I once had a villain who basically learned how to become a magical virus, erasing people's memories and using their bodies like an infinite respawn cheat code. The PCs inevitably went full thug and burned down a metropolis in order to contain him.

It's been six years IRL since that campaign. He infected the only NPC to escape with them and the players never caught on. One day, when the stars align and we are all free enough for a "reunion game", one PC is going to find out his wife died a long time ago...

Am I a terrible person?
>>
>>50981043
I was actually going to ask why it's such a big deal, especially when you're really in the wrong here.

>>50981120
I'm on this board, and I'm not here to listen to the guys who made a mistake. Apparently, you've decided to change BBEG into the Big Bad and just thought that made sense for some reason.

I guess it's because people just started casually misusing it because they just didn't know what it meant or where it came from. It's an honest mistake, but now you're really getting weird by getting so upset by people pointing it out.
>>
>>50981193
Yeah
>>
>>50981193
Did they have children?
>>
>>50981206
>I was actually going to ask why it's such a big deal, especially when you're really in the wrong here
>you're
kek

>I guess it's because people just started casually misusing it because they just didn't know what it meant or where it came from
You don't understand the first thing about separate cultures, divergent language development, language evolution, or fucking anything at all, huh?

It's like everyone who isn't a liberal arts major is a fucking retard.
>>
>>50981206
Why do you keep calling people weird and upset?
It's really, well, weird.
>>
>>50980818

I get the feeling you're some TvTropes autist who decided to police what has been the common definition here for years so he can stop people complaining on his edits page.
>>
>>50981206
"BBEG" is a term native to RPGs and has nothing to do with "television fanfiction". You are the one who has made the mistake of conflating it with whatever terms you are thinking of.
>>
>>50981206
Source, motherfucker.
>>
>>50981266
Good to know.

>>50981275
I was gonna wait until session 0 to ask the PC that.

Probably going to hell afterward.
>>
>>50981276
>separate culture

BBEG is a pretty specific term. Just because a few guys on a board made and continue to make a mistake doesn't mean that they're closed off from the world.

But really, you're dragging this out long enough. I'm actually curious as to how long you've been making this mistake to feel this passionately about it, because I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad.

But though I'm curious, I don't really care enough to wait for your answer.
>>
Never seen someone so convinced they were arguing with a single person.
Then again they're delusional enough to think it could be someone from a fucking year ago.

>>50981331
>a few guys

Lol, yeah, just a few, sure. Alright, bye.
>>
>>50981286
BBEG isn't even a term on TvTropes, though. The way he's trying to define it here is called "the man behind the man" over there.

But yeah, he's being one of those people who grew up hating warcraft and went autismic when he heard oldfags calling their characters toons.

>>50981331
>you're
>you
>your
>I'm just pretending, goodbye

Do I detect a smidgen of self-awareness, here? Did you finally realize your error but are still trying to protect your non-existent reputation?
>>
>>50981391
There's such a thing as a plural "you." Is English your second language?
>>
File: 1357921481944.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1357921481944.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>50981286
That's the weird thing, though. I just checked the Tvtropes page for "Big Bad" (they don't have a BBEG page) because I suspected the same thing. As it turns out, no, the definition Tvtropes uses for Big Bad is the same goddamn definition everyone else uses. Everyone except this guy, apparently.

Hell it even cites the popular use as from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or "television fanfiction" and it is STILL the same fucking main antagonist definition. It can be used as both.
>>
>>50981401
Context, anon. I wasn't point out typos, I was mocking the fact that he thought he was talking to one person.
>>
>>50981406
Big Bad and BBEG are separate but related, with the former spinning off into the latter.
>>
>>50975692
Depends on which one you're talking about.
>Banished two wizards out of the flow of time so they're floating forever in the chaos between worlds with no way to leave
>Kidnapped a high priestess and smashed said high priestess's father's kneecaps for good measure
>Fused all of the non-Good planes with the Material Plane and turned the world into a hellscape
>Turned into a devil after consuming the memories of the soul of a wizard that killed his wife (note that this effectively destroyed said wizard's identity, leaving the wizard with a barebones soul which he continued to torture anyways)
>Attempted and failed to commit familicide on own family save self,
>>
>>50981286
Even TV Tropes doesn't use his definition, they define what he's talking about as either "The Bigger Bad" or "The Sorting Algorithm of Evil".
>>
>>50981425
>"The ultimate villain of the story, who's causing the problem the heroes must solve."...The RPG fandom likes to use the full Big Bad Evil Guy name or its initialism "BBEG".
>>
>>50981489
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheManBehindTheMan

He's talking about this. Interestingly (or tellingly), the page refers to the later, bigger villain using the same "big bad" term, instead of calling the first one "BB" and the second one "BBG" or "BBEG" like that anon was trying to say. In fact, there's no indication at all that there are different acronyms for successive villains, or any evidence that it was ever that way before.

Sounds like he's just the victim of someone else's persistent retardation, as here >>50981331
>because I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad

Crisis over, I guess.
>>
File: 1415388032711.jpg (139KB, 668x691px) Image search: [Google]
1415388032711.jpg
139KB, 668x691px
>>50981425
What is your source?

A quick google search of the acronym tells me that BBEG is in use under the same definition that /tg/ uses at reddit, 1d4chan, the GitP Forums, and the Pathfinder paizo forums, among other places like small RPG blogs. Your definition did not come up even on the barren hellscape of desperation that is page 2 of google search results

Who the hell did you get your information from? Why are you so convinced of its accuracy despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Why have you destroyed this thread?
>>
>>50981401
There's no such thing as a plural "yourself", though, which is also in the post.
>>
>>50981646
>There's no such thing as a plural "yourself", though, which is also in the post.
I always use 'yourselves', personally.
>>
File: ragnaros the firelord.gif (898KB, 307x465px) Image search: [Google]
ragnaros the firelord.gif
898KB, 307x465px
>>50975692
Well, there's two of them, dueling.

One is trying to plunge the entire world into her magical girl fantasy and the other is basically pic related.

It's even dumber than it sounds.
>>
>>50981660
>reading comprehension
The poster didn't use "yourselves"; he used "yourself".
>>
>>50981716
I don't think he was responding to the discussion, I think he was just making a statement off hand.

I mean, if we're going to talk about reading comprehension...
>>
>>50981716
I was being a smartass about the phrasing of your statement, but if we want to talk about reading comprehension, the phrase in question was:
>I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad.
The yourself refers to the person he's replying to, singular, unless you're drawing off of an earlier reply to make the connection.
>>
>>50978961
They probably used a shopvac to empty the bag and wheeled it out to the nearest storm drain
>>
File: 1384996877431.png (671KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1384996877431.png
671KB, 960x717px
>>50975692
>>
>>50975692
Commited patricide, regicide and diecide with a single swordstroke, then tore a bloody path through a major population centre in his flight from the palace, accompanied by his four retainers. Total death toll was about two thousand people, only about a third of whom were armed military personnel.

And then they realised that the sword he had been using had a necromantic property, and the entire district he passed through was overtaken by ghouls and had to be cordoned off, but not before they got into the sewers.

After that, the entire thing fell apart, as ghouls began tunnelling into people's cellars and creating more ghouls, leading to much of the city falling within a week to massive swarms of ghouls. Total death toll, somewhere in the region of 20,000 people and rising, not counting refugees who die to starvation or banditry in their flight from the city. And don't even get started on the palace, which was overtaken by animated armour as the defense mechanism went completely haywire, since the guy who controlled the key just got murdered, the next-in-line was the one who did the murdering, and the next-in-line is a twit who the key doesn't respect and thus won't listen to. And then the key got stolen by a completely different faction.

Suffice to say, shit got fucked, and all because one bastard prince with a magic sword didn't take the news of his sister's death very well.
>>
>>50981641
>Who the hell did you get your information from? Why are you so convinced of its accuracy despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Why have you destroyed this thread?
To be fair, no one had to argue with him if they didn't want to. He wasn't spouting hate speech or insulting your mother. He was just weirdly insistent that his wrong definition was right and being condescending.

I honestly don't know if he was trolling or not, but if he was then he was pretty successful.
>>
>>50975692
Used the body of her comatose daughter to create clone bio-weapons in an attempt to save humanity from itself with mass mind-control

Made one of the PCs pick one of his four kidnapped daughterus to kill to prove allegiance to BBEG when the PC tried to infiltrate and gain BBEG's trust

It's a trope but that's the best I got
>>
>>50975692
Had a kid with the sole intention of bodyjacking him in the near future due to reaching the end of his own shortened lifespan.
>>
>>50975692
>bbeg
Fuck off back to le leddit, mouthbreather.
>>
File: are you not entertained.gif (158KB, 492x305px) Image search: [Google]
are you not entertained.gif
158KB, 492x305px
>>50981641
>the barren hellscape of desperation that is page 2
You made my night, sir, thank you
>>
y'all a bunch of autistic fuckers
>>
>>50983783
No shit, right? I've been on these boards for nearly a decade and they're not very comfy anymore.
Somehow the sperglord proportion has exploded.
Suddenly people are getting picky about terminology, posting anime girls, and not making rad copypasta about how great Kharn the Betrayer is to have around.
But really, it's my own fault. Both for sticking around 4chan after all this time and for coming here during the holidays of all times.
>>
>>50982200
Am I missing something? isn't BBEG commonly used here? Did something happen that vilified the term?
>>
>>50975692

Didn't respect Gender Studies as a valid choice for a major.
>>
>>50981193
>players face when he fucked the bbeg
>assuming there is an afterlife, npc wifes face when next level cucked
>bbegs face when he did this for no apparent reason
>>
>>50976013
Oh not this shit again.
>>
>>50983843
BBEG is commonly used by fags and little kids because they think it sounds funny or cute when all it does is sound retarded.
>>
>>50975692
exist
>>
>>50976479
>2017
>having all of your compaigns grey-area shit
wew lad
>>
File: 1424328776240.jpg (9KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1424328776240.jpg
9KB, 229x220px
>>50981331
>a few guys
>>
>>50984581
>BBEG is commonly used by fags and little kids because they think it sounds funny or cute when all it does is sound retarded
Go drink some warm chocolate anon, it sounds like you're upset
>>
>>50975692
He blew up entire cities and tried to conquer the entire world, but that's insignificant compared to his actual greatest crime - using a strict breeding regime to get his blood into his entire species so he can mind-control the whole lot.
Even worse because the PCs actually considered using the Dresden ripoff bloodline curse to commit genocide in an attempt to end the war.

>>50976479
I mean, he's literally ten thousand years old and completely insane. I don't think he needs depth in the present, as long as he had it in the past.
The apparent villain for most of the campaign was the kind you'd like - he committed horrendous acts of manipulation and destruction because he knew the real villain was coming and he was trying to prevent that by acquiring the one weapon that could stop him.
Unfortunately, that weapon was closely tied to his own history and made everyone think he was just trying to become a god (like he did 500 years prior, when he WAS the BBEG).
TL;DR: gray characters are fun, but there's nothing wrong with proper Evil every once in a while.
>>
>>50981193
If your players murdered everyone in the city EXCEPT ONE PERSON they deserve literally any consequences you throw at them.
That said, it's still a bit magical realm-y.

>>50981276
>Trying to make fun of grammar but looking like the biggest idiot to ever ""speak"" the English language
wew lad
>>
>>50983843
BBEG is one of those acronyms that gets pushed by people when it's neither particularly useful nor particularly amusing, and is also often misleading. It's outdated, obtuse, and would be the equivalent of calling PCs "Do-Gooder Nice Guys" or the GM "Scary Queen of the Universe".

More importantly, it's also a situation where a main villain's role is rarely defined so cleanly, with that designation of "BBEG" being somewhat limiting to a campaign. While you'll almost never find a campaign without any antagonists, trying to designate one person as the main villain and assuming a campaign needs one leads to things like the players metagaming to center all their actions around disrupting one person's plans. That, and an apparent main villain is rarely the true top level of command, and not so rarely often becomes an ally or is even a victim. Even on 4chan you'll have people talking about how their BBEG was usurped by another BBEG or wasn't the real BBEG, and at that point they might as well just go ahead and use a more generic term like antagonist or villain.

There's a long list of reasons why most people don't use "BBEG", including it simply sounding pretty dumb.
>>
>>50984733
I think campaign style matters. A villain is often appropriate, and even a BBEG, even if he's not who the players think he is. World-changing plots need someone to create and carry them out, after all.

>>50984601
We truly have reached post-post-modernism.
>>
>>50984733
Dude, are you stupid? its a catch all term to describe the main person perpetrating the events that your Players are currently doing something about. It can be a force of nature for all anyone cares.

Its an acronym for a catch all term that is meant for ease of use and you are literally the only one trying to pick it apart.

The same way an "Encounter" is anything the players need to do, from social, to disarming a trap, solving a puzzle, or actually smacking dudes, a "BBEG" is anything that perpetrates or is in some way involved with the events in a role against the party.
>>
>>50985529
"Encounter" is a good example, because it also means something different now from what it was intentionally meant to (of course, modern definitions are what matter for current conversations).
But I do miss the old definition, where an "encounter" had to have both player decision-making and consequences. Not every battle is truly an encounter.
>>
>>50985575
Originally*, not intentionally. I just woke up.
>>
>>50976056
Something something something skub something something something.
>>
>>50985575
I mean, there's always an element of choice. Its just less "Will this kill me" but "will this kill them faster and with the least cost to me".

And depending on the system, there's always the chance of fucking it up royally.
>>
>>50985614
Of course. I'm thinking specifically of the definition in the 2nd edition DMG, where mid-level adventurers fighting a group of orcs is not considered an encounter because it is entirely devoid of meaningful choices or possible consequences unless circumstances change drastically halfway through the battle.
>>
>>50983843
There's always that one faggot that gets mad at the usage of "BBEG" and throws a tantrum calling it reddit, even when the rest of the thread consistently uses the term.

It's like some people have a personal vendetta against it. I'll never understand the "reddit" argument, as clearly the vast majority of the board uses the term
>>
>>50985528
A villain may be appropriate, but that doesn't make "BBEG" sound any less dumb.

Have you ever heard someone say it in real life? It makes them look like they suddenly went stupid, even if they're just saying the letters.
>>
>>50984733
>There's a long list of reasons why most people don't use "BBEG",

Then how come most people DO use the term BBEG on this board?
>>
>>50985645
of course. Thats why many systems have some sort of scale that says reward VS effort. You aren't going to get much for a milk run, but you'll get even less for it at higher levels, comparatively.

But after that it all boils down to how difficult the fight actually is. If a series of terrible rolls on the parties part and crits on the enemies end up making the fight a life or death situation, its still an encounter.
>>
>>50985705
Ever heard someone say LOL? ROFLMAO? BAKA? with the exception of LOL, probably not. Because its a text culture thing you fucking idiot. Its an acronym made for ease of use on keyboards and phone keypads. No one fucking says it because actually saying it isn't even needed half the time, and the other half its easier to just say the words.

Trying to apply text culture acronyms to actual speaking is a retarded standard at best
>>
>>50985695
Even in this thread people have or may have misused the term, and its inherently vague to the point where its not really possible to determine what exactly they were trying to say, whether they're going by the "main villain", "a villain", or that weird "behind the main villain" definition.

And stop acting like only one person in the world prefers not to use "BBEG" on account of it being a pretty bad piece of jargon. It's not really something worth defending.
>>
>>50976427
Not actually a picture of Wildbow's Simurgh, but close enough.
>>
>>50985710
>most

You mean some?
>>
>>50985752
huh. I wasn't aware that that acronym switched to baka. since when is that a thing?
>>
>>50985705
No one fucking says it in real life, it's an internet acronym that's easier to type than "main villain" or "primary antagonist" or "dude who fucks shit up and the players don't like very much."

>>50985720
Of course. But at some point a fight becomes so easy that consequences pretty much won't happen.
My favorite thing about that definition is that it describes "seeing a strange cloud of dust in the distance" as being an encounter. There is both room for decisions and possible consequences, which makes it more interesting than beating up on hapless orcs with your +2 flametongue.
>>
>>50985752
> you fucking idiot.

Damn, you're pretty mad someone doesn't like your pet acronym, ROFLMAO.
>>
>>50985791
No, i just swear and insult people a lot as a matter of course. People do that.
>>
>>50985786
I've heard people try to say it in real life. It's a cringey as you'd expect it to be.

Overall, my guess is that some people don't like the "video gameness" of just calling it the Final Boss, even though that's basically what it is, minus all the confusion around it.
>>
>>50985755
>And stop acting like only one person in the world prefers not to use "BBEG"
It's not "prefering not to use the word", it's "getting mad and derailing threads on multiple occasions because I don't like it".

>It's not really something worth defending.
Perhaps, but you know what? It's also not something worth attacking.
>>
>>50985825
Damn. Haven't seen a post that right in days.
>>
>>50985815
No, edgelords and teenagers do that when they get internet anonymity. You should perhaps lurk moar if you think this is standard /tg/ discourse.

>>50985819
That's fair. I guess the term is ubiquitous enough that it was inevitable. Then again, it's still less stupid than saying "BRB" in real life which I do.

>>50985825
>>50985838
Yeah, can we get back to the thread's original topic? I was hoping for some conversation when posting >>50984689.
>>
>>50985825
It's hardly "attacking" to point out that something that sounds stupid sounds stupid. That's basically just stating the truth.

I mean, you can say the emperor has nice clothes and all, but that doesn't really elevate "BBEG" above sounding like toddler-talk.
>>
>>50985766
At all times, you can go to the catalog, use the search function for 'BBEG' and there's always a handful of threads. You get the same with 'villain', but in the context in which it is used it has a distinctive different meaning.

A thread starts with 'BBEG' in the OP, and the entire thread keeps using that term rather than villain or whatever. It's not just "some", it's dam near everyone who participates in the threads. And there's this little thing called the unique poster count at the bottom of the page to confirm it.
Don't like the term? That's fucking fine, but quit whining in threads about how you don't like it.

This was supposed to be a thread about [TRIGGER WARNING]BBEG exploits, not your personal vendetta about words. Are you also this autistic when you visit a state that calls a coke 'cola'?
>>
>>50985882
I do it in real life too. Whats your point exactly?
>>
>>50985918
That "BBEG" is at least shorter than the phrase it stands for, even if by a single syllable.
>>
>>50985915
But thats just it. The worst thing his BBEG has done is go into 4chan threads and derail them over the term BBEG.

Truly the most terrible of monsters.
>>
>>50985900
>It's hardly "attacking" to point out that something that sounds stupid sounds stupid.
Whining about the term at every chance you get and derailing entire threads isn't just"calling it stupid"

>That's basically just stating the truth.
I believe they call that an opinion
>>
>>50985940
I meant the swearing and insulting thing. I don't say BBEG in real life, i say one of a hundred synonyms for it. Rather, i only even use those terms here on 4chan, since i'm not going to tell my players if something is a villain or not, they need to figure that out themselves.
>>
>>50985942
Anon, in his story that'd be the protagonist, fighting the good fight.
>>
>>50985964
Isn't a misguided protagonist just a BBEG though?
>>
>>50985915
BBEG threads are their own thing. For a while, people would make them as their own version of "Stat Me" threads, just threads to make threads about random offtopic things.

For the most part, you can actually see a clear line between the people who use "BBEG," and the people who prefer not to use it, with the former being more of the kind of weird grogs who get furious when someone points out that they sound silly when they're trying to be so serious.
>>
>>50985955
Oh. Then you're just a cunt in general.

>>50985978
We're all the antagonist in someone else's story.
>>
>>50985940
Main villain? Final Boss?
>>
>>50985983
What are these ""BBEG threads"" you speak of?
There's no such fucking thing. It's a term used in many a thread of different types.

>ith the former being more of the kind of weird grogs who get furious when someone points out that they sound silly when they're trying to be so serious.
You're really out of arguments, aren't you?
>>
>>50985996
>you're just a cunt in general

For what? not being so black and white as to just label a character as a villain outright? They can figure it out themselves, they aren't fucking 7 year olds. I don't use the terms, but thats because i'm betting on the chance that my players aren't mentally deficient.
>>
>>50985915
It's kind of telling if people are more interested in talking about the word than the actual topic, yourself included.

Why so defensive? Is it a pet word for you or something?
>>
>>50985950
You're going to try to argue that BBEG doesn't sound stupid?
>>
>>50986026
I was referring to the gratuitous swearing you claimed to do in real life, dumbass.

>>50986034
Stop feeding him, brah.
>>
>>50986048
Dude, no one said it doesn't sound stupid. Its a facetious term to start with. Its meant to be dry sarcastic wit.

That doesn't stop it from meaning what it means or people from using it as a catch all.
>>
>>50986063
Yeah, i realized that after i posted. My bad. That said, there are people capable of swearing without getting offended. Some people just use them as words. Shit is shit, ass is ass, fuck is whatever you want it to be. they're just words, and most of the people i swear at tend to understand that.
>>
>>50986071
>Its meant to be dry sarcastic wit.

Uh...
What?
Saying Big Bad Evil Guy counts as wit now?
>>
>>50986105
As a facetious catch all term, yes. With air quotes "BBEG". Eventually people dropped the sarcasm and just used it as the term. Like every other thing ever, it evolved past its original intent.
>>
>>50986034
It has been getting on my nerves that lately, half the threads that include the word 'BBEG' go to shit because some asswipe can't let go of it.
I only got here after this thread got 120+ replies. It was long past saving. So yes, I'm going to vent it.
>>
>>50986071
Except its not supposed to be a catch-all. People use it interchangeably with villain, when it's supposed to be the main villain.

It's the kind of thing where something loses its original purpose because it wasn't particularly good at it, because it doesn't inherently mean anything and people attach their own personal definitions to it.
>>
Opened a wormhole from their planet to Earth to pump water through so they could flood our planet. Their star is dying and we're the closest option. They also don't give a damn about us.
>>
>>50986137
The BBEG of an arc doesn't necessarily need to be the BBEG of a campaign.
>>
>>50986103
>Le my opponent is offended meme
I called you a dumbass, clearly I don't mind offensive language. That's different from "I just swear and insult people a lot as a matter of course." Without context, that makes you sound like a douche.
Of course, going back through the chain reveals all you said is "fucking idiot," but you did say it to a complete stranger who can't be expected to "tend to understand that," so you're not completely off the hook.

>>50986162
Are they some sort of aquatic species from a much larger Earth-like/oceanic planet?
>>
>>50986130
Do you really think it's only one person? There's at least been three other guys in this thread alone, and it's not exactly something that most people attach themselves to like you seem to have. It's just a dumb thing like ROFLMAO that some people use and some people don't, and hardly universally adored.
>>
>>50986178
If someone is missing something that acts as a crutch to their argument, i'll call them a fucking idiot.

In that case, it was the issue that no one uses internet acronyms seriously in real life, and that even if they do it sounds weird. Thus, the comparison was idiotic, and i called the person a fucking idiot.
>>
>>50986175
People would disagree with your personal definition.
>>
>>50986175
People don't specify arc and campaign though, and use BBEG as just generic "antagonist", making it confusing for the people who use it to stand in for the Main Villain.
>>
>>50986230
Oh? but if the last guy in an arc is something completely removed from the BBEG of a campaign, why can't they both be "BBEG" of their respective plots? Even then, the BBEG of an arc can be related, and still be a BBEG because he doesn't know the other larger BBEG is involved.

Someone said the term itself is limiting, but thats because people are limiting what it can apply to unnecessarily. Its a term like the "Big bad wolf". If its huffing, puffing, and blowing your door down, its probably the big bad wolf. If the Evil guy is killing, stealing, raping, pillaging, or whatever is probably a "BBEG".

>>50986263
>making it confusing

For the lowest common denominator, maybe. I tend to hold people in higher regard then that.
>>
>>50986279
You mean for anyone who doesn't define an acronym without a definition in the same manner you do. In this thread alone we've got people correcting each other using alternate definitions, and most of those definitions run contrary to your "it's just a loose idea" sort of thing.

Especially when the BBEG is rarely the guy actually doing the killing/stealing/etc, but ordering people to do it. And, that's without even looking at the many non-evil antagonists, or non-evil main antagonists.

In fact, the problem isn't that the term is limiting, its that its been broadened to the point of being useless and confusing.
>>
>>50986178
Yup. Best part is it's in a Mekton Zeta game. I'm stealing bits from all over the place. Pacific Rim, NGE, Deadly Tide, Gundam. Players are really digging it. I decided to say fuck it and go 110% anime with this thing, complete with an opening theme before the sessions (good for getting them to focus up) and rules for POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.
>>
>>50986279
>why can't they both be "BBEG" of their respective plots?

Because that's not what a BBEG is.
>>
>>50986221
>Do you really think it's only one person?
Where did I claim it so?
>lol haha why are you so attached
Acting aloof doesn't really make much of an argument. Clearly, YOU seem to be very attached to making people stop using BBEG
>It's just a dumb thing like ROFLMAO that some people use and some people don't, and hardly universally adored.
But things like kek are fine?

I don't give a rat's ass about the term. I care about how people have to derail threads all the time because they don't like the word.
>>
>>50986360
Thats why i likened it to the term "Encounter" which is as broad a defined thing as tabletop has ever seen. Its literally any force that works against the party in a grander way than being run of the mill mooks. Bandit leaders, liches, necromancers, kings and nobles, forces of nature, gods or demon kings themselves.

Whatever it was originally, its changed to be a catchall term for whatever your parties fighting against in a larger sense of things than simply smacking the thing in front of them.

No one finds this confusing, no one finds it an issue, and almost everyone can agree that its just a term to be used.

Except for a few holdouts that don't seem to realize that language in and of itself is an ever changing ever evolving set of fuck you that can barely cohesively hold itself together.

>>50986406
Says who or what? Everyone has already brought up the factual sources on the terms, as factual as TVtropes gets anyways, and nothing says it can't be.
>>
>>50986422
I just genuinely think the term is dumb sounding and it makes people sound dumb. The other guys seem to not like it because of all sorts of reasons, but you're trying to defend something that's really cringey and then pretending its not because there's other people who are also cringey. And there's also that one dumbass who thinks its witty, what the fuck.
>>
>>50986455
Just because something is "Witty" doesn't make it good. People make "Witty" one liners all the time. Most of them make people groan like zombies.
>>
>>50986393
This is more arousing to me than the porn I have open in the other tab.

>>Everything else
IN CONCLUSION
THE TERM BBEG SOUNDS RETARDED BUT IS USEFUL SINCE IT HAS AN AGREED-UPON MEANING
CASE CLOSED
BACK TO THE FUCKING CONVERSATION
WHAT WAS THE WORST THING YOUR VILLAIN EVER DID
>>
>>50986423
Encounter is Encounter. It's practically a clinical term, it's something you encounter.

It's not like people call encounters "Surprise Happenings What A Shocks" or something like that.

BBEG stands out because it's neither clever nor amusing, but worse still because it confuses people to the point where they are discussing completely different things without either party recognizing that they are using different definitions.
>>
>>50986423
BBEG isn't on TVTropes.
>>
>>50986509
No, but they brought up every other relevant term, and decided pretty unilaterally that the guy arguing from it was full of shit.
>>
>>50986518
What are you even talking about? What other relevant terms?

BBEG is BBEG. Are you being stupid on purpose? It's not like people are arguing about the term "villain" or "final boss".
>>
>>50986455
I'm not defending shit, I am criticising the endless shitty "criticism" it gets, derail thread and thread again. Is it getting through your thick skull yet? I've repeated this 3 posts in a row now.

And guess what, asswipe? I think it sounds stupid too. But I don't care. I don't derail threads up to 100+ posts like I have some kind of personal vendetta against it.
I never said I believe it's just one guy either, that's something you pulled out of your ass and no matter how many times you repeat it.

And cringey? Really? Some stupid silly term makes you cringe? Makes you recoil in disgust or feel second-hand shame? If that's really the case, I think you have issues.
This is really what you've been coming back to the entire time: you think it's stupid. You've repeated it countless times and so has the other two or three or whatever other number of guys in this thread. But who the FUCK cares?

You know what I think is stupid? Scroll up to the top of the page, and look at that one guy who has more replies than the rest in every one of his post. THAT is stupid, arguing it's secretly some term originating from somewhere else, even though everyone provided him with evidence showing the contrary.
THAT is stupid. THAT is cringy. And you know what? THAT actually affects the board, derailing thread after thread. And THAT is why I am so ""attached"" to the word BBEG like I have ""some stake in it""
>>
>>50986551
>I am criticising the endless shitty "criticism" it gets

If you're waiting for people to stop criticizing something inherently stupid, you're going to be waiting for a long time.
>>
>>50986541
Every other term regarding to villains. near about the 50 post mark people started digging into TVtropes definitions of everything regarding villains to see if this guy had any credibility, and lo and behold, nope. One notable example was the "man in the shadows" trope, or whatever it was.

If you are big. And you are doing something bad. You are eligible to be a Big bad evil guy. Maybe big socially, maybe big mentally, maybe big physically. But if said character or whatever uses their stature or clout or native abilities to do generally nefarious or unhelpful things, they are eligible to be a "Big Bad Evil Guy" Because they are doing "Big bad evil things". It doesn't matter how small time that drug lord is, or that bandit leader. They are the BBEG of their respective sphere of influence, regardless of what that lich is doing half the world away.

>>50986497
Its a term deriving from the sense of childrens stories to clearly label something as "Evil" in a way that even children would understand, by using descriptors like "Big" and "bad". Are you seriously saying that people aren't capable of understanding a term that was dumbed down to a childs level to be easily understood?
>>
>>50986623
When did TVTropes become the authority on words, especially acronyms that aren't even on the site?

Also, there's examples of "BBEGs" in this thread that are not big, nor bad, they just happen to be an antagonist. And, the more you have to dive into explaining how "obvious" you think it is, the more you highlight just how bungled it as an acronym.

You're really going far in trying to defend something that, by any sane admission, is just dumb and dumb people like it.
>>
>>50975692
My BBEG did nothing wrong.
>>
>>50986688
>When did TVTropes become the authority on words, especially acronyms that aren't even on the site?

Because he was trying to use it as a relevant source himself.

>You're really going far in trying to defend something that, by any sane admission, is just dumb and dumb people like it.

So is the english language as a whole, but you don't see people complain about that like this.

As for its use as an acronym, perhaps you are severely overthinking it? i give example after example, yet you are the one that wants it to only refer to a single individual ever in a campaign, despite that not really being sane either.
>>
>>50986551
If the thread topic is less interesting than the derailment, that's partially the fault of the thread topic. "BBEG" threads tend to be boring shit, and they get easily derailed because even people like you enjoy talking about the term more than actually discussing villains for the hundredth million time,
>>
>>50986724
>So is the english language as a whole, but you don't see people complain about that like this.

You don't get out much, do you?

>As for its use as an acronym, perhaps you are severely overthinking it?

Did you even read your own post? You're trying to defend a really dumb thing, and going to great lengths to try and do so.

There's not much to overthink. It's a dumb-sounding acronym that different people think mean different things.
>>
Guys, guys, BBEG isn't a tvtropes phrase, it's been a part of RPG and tg culture forever. Its always been kind of a snarky term for a villain. Sort of a "oh look, its another dark lord in big spiky armor" but eventually just became a standard phrase for any villain.
>>
>>50986773
Outside of autist scholars that do nothing but deal with english, i mean.

Let me pose a scenario then. There is a bandit lord currently attacking some city. Large enough group and enough clout to be a serious threat to the city and surrounding countryside. To the parties knowledge, this guy is the biggest threat around.

Is he a BBEG?
>>
>>50986597
>inherently
I think you need to pick up a dictionary, bud
>>
>>50986735
There is nothing "interesting" about autists getting mad over trivial bullshit.
What, if I were to start a 'lolthisisaspidermanthread' derailment, that'd also be more interesting? Fuck off mate

>and they get easily derailed because even people like you enjoy talking about the term
I don't want to fucking talk about it. Are you even reading my posts? I'm convinced you don't
>>
>>50986800
BBEG is stupid within itself. Regardless of where you take it, people will look at Big Bad Evil Guy and think "wow, that sounds pretty dumb" followed by "okay, what does it mean?"

To wait for people to stop thinking it's stupid is to wait forever.
>>
>>50986828
You can't convince people you don't want to talk about it when you're really insistent on talking about it.
>>
>>50986828
>There is nothing "interesting" about autists getting mad over trivial bullshit.

Like getting mad about people getting mad?
>>
>>50986848
I guess that's kind of undermined by the fact that many people have been using it for years now on this very board
>>
>>50986870
Getting mad about people derailing an otherwise potentially okay thread by using simple bait is something worth getting mad over.

What most people don't realize is, if they don't take the bait, the troll won't stay for long.
>>
>>50986861
I'm telling them to STOP talking about it, you dense cunt. I guess I was right about you not reading
>>
>>50986875
And people have been complaining about it since day one, up until this very minute.
>>
>>50986940
And those are completely drowned out by the other side.
You see BBEG getting used all the time, both in OPs and random posts.
These autistic shitfests only happen occasionally.
So what does that tell you?
>>
>>50986886
>>50986892
Telling people to stop is one thing, telling people to stop by putting yourself on one side and then saying "Stop criticizing this because X, Y, and Z" is another.

Basically, all you're doing is taking a side, while also trying to sit on a high horse and pretend you're above it all.
>>
>>50986968
When the fuck did either of us claim that we didn't pick a side?
I think the term is stupid, but I pick their side because they aren't the ones constantly shitposting about the term and derailing threads.
>>
>>50986968
I'm the other guy, i'm sorta arguing for the sake of arguing. I do that sometimes, and i apologize for it.
>>
>>50986961
You also see other terms get used just as frequently. More importantly, it seems like you take a special pride in this BBEG of yours, by talking about things like "sides" and what not.

On one side, is people who don't use that term, and that includes a few people who argue about how stupid it is. On the other side, is apparently people like you, who do things like make these sort of threads and then get really upset when people call you dumb for using a dumb acronym.

And, then there's a third side, of people who don't know how to use BBEG.
And, a fourth side, of people who think they know how or when to use it, but don't.
>>
>>50986984
So, you fight against shitposting by shitposting? That's pretty commendable, especially when you decide to define shitposting as "anything that upsets you, even if you agree with it."

I don't even want to try understanding what the fuck is going on in your head.
>>
>>50987033
>You also see other terms get used just as frequently.
And that's completely fine.
Thing is, all those times BBEG gets used don't get shit on 99.9% of the time. What does that tell you? I'd say that tells that no one cares but a handful
>More importantly, it seems like you take a special pride in this BBEG of yours, by talking about things like "sides" and what not.
Exactly how is using the word 'sides' some kind of sign that I take pride in a word?
This is an argument here. Sides exist in that, as evident with this very thread.
Are you seriously going to warp the very concept of a discussion just to throw in the "lol u care too much" shit back in again?

I guess the only thing you've really got going for you is strawmen
>>
>>50987068
>telling people to stop derailing threads is shitposting
>>
>>50987086
It's probably more of a case of most people don't care enough to argue about it, especially with people who choose to use it.

Here, we actually have an example of someone who doesn't really care for it, but is actually arguing for it, because they're that bored.

At the end of the day, it's pretty dumb, and it really seems to proliferate among dumb people. It may be that the people who argue against recognize that and target it because they recognize just how stupid the people who use it are, and how quickly they're forced to simply admit "yeah, it's stupid, but we're gonna use it anyway."

I wouldn't be surprised if a few people, the counterparts to the people who argue against the acronym, use BBEG purely out of a sad version of spite.
>>
>>50987096
We're looping back to the part where you're really not just telling people to stop derailing threads.
>>
>>50987033
i just came into the thread and you should know your side is way more disruptive and anti fun than the other side. you didn't need to go this far just to let people know that you don't like thing.
>>
Djinni with aspirations of granduer who convinced his main rivals to work together to arm a massive magical battleship powerful enough to dominate the entire combined forces of the amassed navy armada and the forces of the pirates under the flag of the pirate king.
>>
>>50987188
The same could be said about the people trying to defend it.

I didn't even join in until I noticed this thread getting bumped to the top every few minutes, only to discover its people not even just autistically defending something that originally intended to be stupid and now just lost what little humor it might have originated with, but arguing about what it means when that's one of the principle complaints.

I get it, you either really like your acronym or you really like shitposting. There's no need to deny that and try to claim a high ground now.
>>
>>50987172
So basically, your entire basis is "probably more people care, they're just not showing it!"
>>
File: 1478109616512.jpg (98KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
1478109616512.jpg
98KB, 720x447px
ABANDON THREAD

Having failed to contain the autism we must now launch it into space.
>>
>>50987292
Like I said I just entered the thread, I don´t have anything to gain from pretending to be someone else.

But more importantly, why does anyone have to defend their usage of a word that has been around long enough to be commonly recognizable and understood? It´s not obscure nor is its meaning difficult to understand. If this were some new foreign slang I could comprehend and sympathize with your grievance, as it stand you just come off as a sperglord.

Like I said its a non-issue you´ve singled out and it seems really childish of your part to go so far for this.
>>
>>50987300
No, it's that you're trying to judge whether or not people care by whether or not they're willing to argue with idiots.
>>
>>50987401
>It´s not obscure nor is its meaning difficult to understand.

Except, of course, for the several experts, including yourself, who contradict each other.
>>
>>50987405
If it was such a fucking issue, you'd think they would.
This is 4chan after all

I find it absolutely adorable how you keep repeating how everyone who uses the term must be an idiot, like some kind of mantra.
>>
>>50987413
Evil dude, there.

Like I said, non-issue, grow up and move on.

I´m out from this thread since it seems nobody is actually going to post on topic.
>>
>>50987401
>But more importantly, why does anyone have to defend their usage of a word that has been around long enough to be commonly recognizable and understood?

Because this is one of those cases where the people think they understand it, but because there's no unified definition and nothing in the acronym itself to clearly explain what it means, people are using multiple and often conflicting definitions, primarily with some people believing it to be more or less broad than other people.

In effect, it's as bad as an acronym can get, complete with being two letters longer than necessary because it didn't sound stupid enough at just Big Bad.
>>
>>50987413
The "contradiction" is whether it includes arc villains or not. That's a pretty minor thing and rarely even matters for the context.
>art thread: bbeg edition
People just post art. No issue here
>what are your BBEG's motivations?
People post their villain motivations. If someone posts the motivations of a lesser villain, no one cares and no one goes on an autistic rampage about the definition of BBEG
>this very thread
Again, doesn't matter

You know what I find peculiar?
The only time discussions about the definition of BBEG comes up, is in derailed threads like this. That's the one time anyone cares. Really makes those neurons fire
>>
>>50987453
Except the BBEG doesn't necessarily need to be evil or a dude. They don't even have to be bad or big either.

More importantly, it's not just supposed to be any bad guy.
>>
>>50987475
So, according to you, the term has basically devolved to the point where its original meaning is defunct, and now its just interchangeable with villain? Why not just say villain then, and in exchange for three extra characters you stop sounding like a three year old, while clearly defining what you mean without being so ambiguous?

>The only time discussions about the definition of BBEG comes up, is in derailed threads like this. That's the one time anyone cares.

Because the people who use BBEG just assume everyone agrees with their personal definition, when that's clearly not the case.
>>
>>50981276
>You don't understand the first thing about separate cultures, divergent language development, language evolution, or fucking anything at all, huh?
>It's like everyone who isn't a liberal arts major is a fucking retard.

No, it's just that you have a lot more time to think about such things, since asking "do you want fries with that" doesn't require a lot of mental processing time.
>>
>>50987475
BBEG started vague, then people tried to make it mean the primary antagonist, and then when they realized that wasn't really useful and too limiting they started to relax it back to just meaning any villain. Except for the people who still think it means the main villain.

Why does this matter? You're right, in that most people don't care just like no one really cares that ROFLCOPTER isn't actually an acronym, but the key issue seems to revolve around it not just being unnecessarily vague, but being awkward jargon.
>>
>>50987556
>So, according to you, the term has basically devolved to the point where its original meaning is defunct, and now its just interchangeable with villain?
Occasionally some faggot uses it wrong, most of the time in threads were it doesn't matter. Do I have to repeat myself?
>art thread, BBEG edition
People post art of bad guys. And fuck, who the big bad guy of your story is depends on your story. It's not like you can look at a picture of an evil dude and say "yeah, that's 100% always the bigger/lesser villain!"
>BBEG motivation
The motivation of some lesser villain could just as well be used for a bigger one. These kind of threads are for stories and inspiration
>this very thread
See above

It's just that no one fucking cares. Well, except you of course.
It all keeps boiling down to one thing: you think it is stupid. You can barely justify it, because for fuck's sake it's an opinion. But hey, you can't admit that. You want your opinions to be objective facts, after all
>>
>>50987556
Since you care so much I'll consider it if you ask very nicely.
>>
>>50987601
>BBEG started vague, then people tried to make it mean the primary antagonist
No, it literally started as 'primary antagonist'. It's in the words, for fuck's sake.
Only shitheads like YOU keep saying the opposite.

There was nothing vague about it. People just started using it interchangeably, because they got used to the acronym. And again, no one cares, because it rarely matters in the context.

Yes, it's stupid jargon. Again, nobody cares.
>>
>>50975906
Don't be a dick.
>>
>>50987643
>big bad evil guy
>primary antagonist

Where?

Also, if you think it's in the words, why do people use the vague terms and apply them to vague big bad evil guys instead of primary antagonists?
Let me guess? A round of explaining each word in turn, extrapolating a definition as if you thought it was universal?

>Yes, it's stupid jargon. Again, nobody cares.

You do, apparently.
>>
>people arguing about a dumb term

Yeah, that's bad

>people arguing that people should return to the topic at hand, a super lazy throwaway thread, complete with a bag of piss

That's worse.
>>
File: 1449914238048.jpg (24KB, 317x284px) Image search: [Google]
1449914238048.jpg
24KB, 317x284px
>>50987706
>You do, apparently.
I knew you were gonna say this dumb shit.

Care to read?
> it's stupid jargon
See that? If I cared, I'd be taking YOUR side.
I DONT care, which is why I'm not arguing AGAINST the jargon.

You've gotten so caught up in your endless repetition of the same shit,
>HURR WHY U CARE SO MUCH
you can't even read sentences anymore
>>
>>50975712
No. He means Big Bad Evil Guy. Stop this.
>>
>>50987763
I don't understand why you think you can tell people you don't care, when your actions say differently. Who am I supposed to trust more, what you want me to believe, or the obvious?
>>
Okay, let's come up with a new phrase:

Big Villainous Bad Man (BVBM)

In order to qualify, you must be big (at least 6 feet tall, no manlets allowed); villainous (you must contradict the protagonists on at least 1 issue); bad (at least 1 puppy having been kicked), and a man (or at least a particularly mannish woman).
>>
File: 1453330056471.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1453330056471.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>50987844
You really have no reading comprehension, do you?
I don't care about >>stupid jargon<<, which is why I am not bitching ABOUT THE JARGON

And you're calling other people stupid
>>
>>50987844
>if you aren't 100% with me, you are 100% against me, despite there being 99% separation between those two states
>>
>>50988074
>if you're arguing, you care

Huh.
>>
>its stupid
>its dumb
>only dumb people use it
>its childish
>you sound like a three year old

How about instead of spiteful comments like these you actually justify your claim. Right now you are just stating its a stupid word and only stupid people like it then being surprised you get ignored or criticised.
>>
>>50988098
>ignores all the arguments

Oh, c'mon now. Just because you get particularly upset when someone calls your pet term dumb doesn't mean you should ignore all the nice anons who explained why its dumb.
>>
>>50988131
But that's literally all the arguments.
The ONE thing that comes even close to being an argument, is the lack of an agreed meaning of the word, and even that was partially refuted
>>
>>50988131
Not a single argument then? Wow that was a waste of time.
>>
>>50988092
See, now thats the greatest flaw in his argument at all. assuming someone has to care to argue. Some people argue for the sake of arguing. some people argue things they specifically don't believe.

Its human nature to fight. That doesn't mean we necessarily care about what we're fighting over.
>>
>>50988131
That was my first post in the thread, I just find it quite strange that you think you can start with the assumption its dumb and proceed from there.

Also there is no need to be so spiteful as to tell people they sound like children for using a widely accepted term that is entirely normal here.
>>
>>50988288
>>50988185
>>50988184
I suggest you stop samefagging if you ever want anyone to take your posts seriously. We already know you sound like a child, please do not make this any worse on yourself.
>>
>>50988288
I'm one of the guys who just think it sounds dumb. But, you're ignoring all the arguments people made against it, and that's ignoring the majority of this discussion in this thread just to try and say to say that there's only one argument against it.

All that stuff about if being confusing and unnecessary is secondary and only linguists care about, the worst part about it is that yes, it sounds retarded, and you look retarded using it. Disagree? Great, but can't stop people from thinking you're a retard if you say retarded things, like still saying YOLO in 2017.
>>
>>50977024
It doesn't seem that heinous if they all survived.
>>
File: 2017-01-02_203152.jpg (93KB, 970x381px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-02_203152.jpg
93KB, 970x381px
>>50988314
Okay buddy

Thanks for the (you), I guess
>>
>>50988374
>the worst part about it is that yes, it sounds retarded, and you look retarded using it
This is LITERALLY AN OPINION
Why do you think people are berating you for not having arguments?
>>
>>50988374
So what you want to get it is that you have no argument then? That's just great.
>>
File: Screenshot3525235.jpg (225KB, 970x381px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot3525235.jpg
225KB, 970x381px
>>50988418
Nice try. I hacked into your computer and grabbed the original image.
>>
>>50988438
Are you trying to argue it doesn't sound retarded?
>>
>>50988462
No, it's that the other arguements from the other anons are less important than the fact that you sound like a retard.

I don't really care about it being obtuse and awkward and that no one can agree upon a definition. What I care about is how you get upset when people say you sound like a retard when you insist on sounding like a retard.
>>
>>50988512
>people say they think its stupid as well
>people don't care and say it anyways
>fling more shit
>people tell you to shut up
>ask if they think its retarded or not
>continue the process again hoping it works next time

Reading comprehension is a bitch, mate.
>>
>>50988546
I don't care, that's all there is to it. If you think I sound like a retard thats too bad. Nobody is going to stop using it just to appease your delicate sensitivities.
>>
>>50988493
There's less than four seconds of time between two of those responses retard.
>>
>>50988493
Fuck, I bet you work with the russians

>>50988512
Are you trying to claim that saying "it's stupid" is an argument, or actually factual?
>>
>>50988613
>M-muh phone posting!
Will be the next reply.
>>
>>50988613
It's called a joke, anon
>>
Created a fusion of living and dead humans that experienced nothing but misery.
>>
>>50988643
Literally unironically resorting to "I AM LOUD AND SILLY"

Gosh you really ran out of ideas.
>>
>>50988650
that sounds like pretty generic necromancy to me
>>
File: $_57.jpg (115KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
115KB, 960x960px
>>50975692
Drop a PC in the rancor pit and then was strangled to death by a PC Slave girl
>>
>>50988512
You have yet to actually justify it 'sounding retarded', instead you are just insulting people for not sharing your opinion on a word.

I don't think it sounds stupid, I think its a harmless term that some people have an absurd, irrational dislike of. When you have resorted to the pathetic 'its stupid and if you disagree you are stupid, I don't need to justify myself' line of reasoning you need to step back.
>>
>>50988848
New guy here, just came to say that it definitely sounds stupid and cringe-y.
>>
>>50988676
I just copied what you did, but did it in a more entertaining fashion.
>>
>>50988848
>You have yet to actually justify it 'sounding retarded',

Big. Bad. Evil. Guy.

Bam. Where's my $500 for proving it's retarded?
>>
>>50988929
Again, there is nothing inherently stupid about that. Where is an actual, reasoned argument that will convince people who don't already have a problem with the term?

Without resorting to all the vindictive, childish stuff already mentioned here >>50988098
>>
>>50988971
If you're really hungry for one, there's several in this thread if you want to dig for a bit.

I just think it sounds retarded and if you don't you're especially retarded, but here's someone laying out some reasons for you beyond "you sound like an idiot."

>>50984733
>>
>>50988971
Who's trying to convince anyone to have a problem?

If you say BBEG and don't think you're an idiot, do what you do, but don't get upset when people call you an idiot because they think you sound like one when saying "big bad evil guy" with a straight face.
>>
Holy shit people are still arguing about this ?
It's been twenty fucking hours !
>>
>>50988971
>Again, there is nothing inherently stupid about that.

I don't think you're arguing honestly. It's inherently stupid, that's the point. Even "Big Bad" is dumb, but BBEG takes it a step further on purpose.

"Primary Antagonist" is a bit much, but tells you exactly what we're talking about. Main Villain is on a slightly lower level, and Final Boss below that. BBEG fall in very near the bottom, below just plain "Bad Guy" or "Big Bad" and just a little above "Big Dumb Meanie I Hate, Grr."

If you don't understand what makes BBEG sound dumb, that means the people who coined the term, specifically to sound stupid, didn't realize that it would be picked up by genuine idiots like yourself.
>>
>>50989373
>If you don't understand what makes BBEG sound dumb, that means the people who coined the term, specifically to sound stupid, didn't realize that it would be picked up by genuine idiots like yourself.
We already went over this, read the fucking thread.
>>
File: 1412031034325.gif (804KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
1412031034325.gif
804KB, 500x238px
>>50975692
He summons and then traverses a blackhole, knowing full well he would be removed from this world and transfigure into the next

this was the worst act he could possibly commit of course, because he is the ONLY being that could've brought piece and ended suffereing in his original reality.

Players have died trying to halt his efforts, unknowingly advancing their own annihilation by driving him away.
>>
>>50987789
No, you stop. BBGE is a shitty in joke coming from the most cancerous sense of humor. You can easily imagine it repeated with glee by the same kind of boxxy-likes who used to spout the cake is a lie! etc
>>
>>50988929
A term that uses a naming convention designed for the ease of use in storytelling to children. Big, bad, Thing.

Not retarded. Childish, but not retarded.
>>
>>50975692

Cut to pieces his own material plane, proceeded to kill his descendant in a way that would assure that he couldn't ever be revived or keep any memories in case he reincarnated, separated souls from the bodies of almost the living beings of the material plane, and -almost- managed to absorb them all up, managing instead to leave them in a state of suspended non-existence.
This all was achieved within an hour since his awakening. ("And I would had gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling bard!")
>>
>>50975692
He sacrificed an entire city so that he could become a lich to end all liches, but in the process also caused himself to be stuck in a time loop forever to rule over nothing and be challenged by nothing as his mentality slowly fades away from the monotone undeath he un-lives while unknowingly causing thousands of men and women die every year as his wanton usage of magic causes arcane blights and plagues upon the nearby region and causing much headache to the god of logic on how to punish something even he cannot deduct a way to punish him inside a place where nothing but the lich exists.

He also may have stolen the cookies from the cookie jar.
>>
>>50990704
Metaphorical cookie jar or literal cookie jar?
>>
>>50992316
Both. First he did it literally and then found a way to make the figurative literal.
>>
>>50976066
Iiinteresting...
>>
Depends on what you count as the BBEG. Some of the "good guys" have done much, much worse things than the "bad guys". But, among the top hits of heinous acts :

Turn someone into a Lich against their will.

Literally everything the Red Army did in Germany, but with magic.

The Magic-SS turned up to torture the aforementioned lich to try and figure out how to kill him.

Said Lich broke out and murdered a load of innocent civilians because RIP AND TEAR.

Magic-GRU did Chernobyl to try and help some Cults summon Cthulu. This involved a lot of unpleasantness being wrought upon Ukrainian peasants.

Magic-SS turned quite a few people into pseudo-werewolves due to a lack of understanding as to how Lycanthropy works, resulting in pretty grievous bodily harm to those involved.

Most of the magical society in the setting has it's roots in butchering Maori in the 1300s.

Most of it is pretty tame, but that's because the setting is reality but with magic. Think Delta Green, but the "good guys" are actually competent.
>>
Nobody is dumb enough to actually care about jargon used by members of a niche hobby. Y'all are getting the everloving shit trolled out of you, and some of you keep taking their bait. Stop getting trolled in this, and all other, media.
>>
>>50994291
There's a reason 4chan is the only place you'll see a term like BBGE aggressively shamed rather than ignored. The anonymous nature of image boards require heavy screening of cancer via the community rather than 'regulars'. It's necessary to keep newfags like you from ruining the board culture and attracting more newfags. Lurk moar faggot.
>>
>>50989373
How is something that's designed to be read, rather than spoken or heard, 'sounding' dumb a bad thing? It 'sounds dumb to say 'FFIII' instead of 'Final Fantasy Three', but one is far easier to type.
>>
>>50996719
ebin
>>
File: frosty the snowman.jpg (186KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
frosty the snowman.jpg
186KB, 1680x1050px
>>50982064
Pic related.
>>
>>50996719
Your bait is shit, and you should feel bad. This person's post is what I am talking about. Zero substance. Mostly ad hominem. Utterly unsupportable claims meant solely to incite. These are some of the tools of low tier trolls. Only respond to trolls by pointing out their techniques so that others learn to avoid taking their bait.

1/10 for serving as an example of bottom of the barrel trolling.
>>
>>50984647
I love hot chocolate but warm chocolate sounds unsettling at best.
>>
>>50984689
I wouldn't dissuade the attention deficit from reading your post in its entirety with a tl;dr. Not when your post is this legitimately interesting and with several inspiring and unique ideas. tl;dr nice post anon. I hope your players appreciate your creativity.
>>
>>50985529
>you are literally the only one trying to pick it apart.
Did you even read the rest of this thread? Most if it consisted of only this. You only proved his point even better. Your newly introduced definition is slightly different than any of the previous ones discussed in this thread. I like and use the term but sparingly as to prevent confusion.
>>
He lost his wife and kid in battle. He made a deal with a god of death who promised to bring them back, soul and all if he would bring him harvested and suspended souls.

He cant bring himself to kill in cold blood. So, he has this trinket that allows him to teleport to a freshly killed body. He collects this body and uses the trinket on it, which allows him to bring the soul back momentarily and absorb it in the amulet. He then teleports back to his stronghold and with arcane magic, keeps the souls suspended.

He has done this thousands upon thousands of times, not allowing the souls to pass on. They remain in torment, for the most part.

He tried to cash in the deal with the god of death, and the god did keep his end of the bargain to extent. He brought his wife and kid back, but as restless spirits who haunt and torment him if he doesn't continue to bring suspended souls. The PC's in my campaign want to stop him to free the souls, but feel bad for the situation he is in.
>>
>>50975692
The bastard double dipped his chip in the salsa at the annual harvest festival gala.
>>
>>50985900
If you say so man, here goes.

You sound stupid. Like "I don't understand why people stopped telling me how clever I was after kindergarten" stupid. You're on a fucking 4chan board for discussing advanced make-believe, and you're hyper-worried about "toddler-talk?"

You come across as a kid who thinks he's mature because he says he doesn't want to color.
>>
>>51000197
So where do I sign up to kill him?
>>
>>50976479
Less than a week into 2017, and already bringing it up like it is somehow an important milestone and not just another year like all others before it.
Shows how solid your argument is.
>>
>>50980911
Sounds like some thinly veiled magical realm stuff--but if it isn't: that's some pretty dark BBEG shenanigans. Kuddos.
>>
>>50978961
better qustion is how?
>>
>>51004480
Imagine you have a row of urinals all connected to one pipe, the pipe leads to sewage drain. If the drain clogs for whatever reason the pipe start overflowing at the point nearest to the drain.
>>
>>50981385
>started the argument with him
>posted the first 2 or 3 replies
>come back now
jesus
>>
>>50987903
Underrated quality post
>>
File: Calia_Menethil.jpg (131KB, 496x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Calia_Menethil.jpg
131KB, 496x1048px
>>50999950
But anon, Calia is still alive.
>>
File: ow the edge.png (155KB, 936x720px) Image search: [Google]
ow the edge.png
155KB, 936x720px
>>50976427
>turn an edgelord into the ultimate life form
>edgelord
>ultimate life form
>>
File: lord chompy.png (294KB, 550x525px) Image search: [Google]
lord chompy.png
294KB, 550x525px
He was this guy so probably some nasty shit

Basically through his actions he caused a bunch of mentally unsound people to gain supernatrual powers that ended with an army of robots invading a major city

Oh an he ate my character's arm
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.