[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barely Gods system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Desirebro's_Tale
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/22412183/

Has anyone else tried to think up a system of some sort to play this? Apparently the biggest hint to go by is
>The core of the system was "Grab a d20 and try to roll high."
>>
>>50970666
I forgot to mention,
>PDF related in it being similar to what I have in mind in terms of simplicity.
>>
I have been tossing around an idea lately of something along the lines of rolling a few dice and taking either highest roll or cumulative number.

GM adjusts the specific number of rolls depending on factors such as: type of foe, powers of the characters, tactics, etc.

For instance, a mortal soldier fighting a demigod with a non-war domain would get 1 die while the demigod got 2. War domains would get 3 instead, and a power of specialization with a weapon would be worth another die.

To prevent both sides trying to engineer situations that result in them having massive handfuls of dice, both sides should have die counts decreased by 1 simultaneously until one or both sides have a single die left. Rolls should always have one side having a single die, regardless of those involved.

Full-blown [GODs] get large die counts. Double-digits, versus the demigod's 1 during contests. The goal being to try to get their count down.

And of course all demigods are immune to each other's powers that affect more than just the physical body, as per the original story.
>>
So, there's an ability based on your god, and you get stronger depending on how many people worship you. Instead of dying you respawn on another plane, and you have some resistance to other divine abilities.

These are all things that are pretty straightforward, and can be tacked onto the game of your choice.
>>
>>50970912
The idea was for something more rules-light than just adding some more feats to your game of 5e.
>>
>>50970989
Strip it down by knocking out all the classes except champion fighter, throw away the skills but keep the ability scores, have all races be the standard human, and you've got a pretty trim system.
>>
>>50970989
>>50970912
>>50971060
That is, more focus on story than stats and rolling. >>50970867 is just for when rolls are needed and are not intended to be combat-exclusive.

>throw away the skills but keep the ability scores
CON is useless, since death is already a temporary state for you. The only magic shit mentioned was demigods and [GODs]. You are already immune to demigod magic that is not just physical in nature and [GOD] magic would be instant smiting. The only thing left is physical stuff, and again you are already able to just come back to life.
Everything else is pretty much just down to roleplaying anyway and without specific skills one might as well combine shit together. STR+DEX for Physical prowess, INT+WIS for Mental prowess, and CHA can remain for Social stuff.
Typing it out is reminding me of the all of two sessions of WoD that I have played, come to think of it. I will reread that and see if maybe it fits the bill of what I am looking for.
>>
>>50971239
>CON is useless, since death is already a temporary state for you.

Dying is still a big deal, since you still get carted away. There also seems to be some sort of weird rules about not letting the mortals know you can't die.
>>
>>50974011
I did not see how either of those were in play. Mortal death was at worst situationally bad because it meant being somewhere you did not want to be, not because no more character.
I did not see anything that was a rule about not letting mortals know about their immortality that was a rule.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.