[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: images (23).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Hey /tg/, I'm looking to play a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure tabletop with my usual group, and I'd like your help. We want to do an individual social and action oriented rpg game where the players have Stands and go on adventure, but we're trying to find the best system. We're all experienced with D&D (5e and 3.5 mostly), and a few other RPGs. Should we try Gurps? What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_20170101_043654.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170101_043654.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
>>50967536
Fixed
>>
>>50967536
GURPS is definitely worth a look. It has a reputation for being intimidatingly complex, but it's really just a generic system where you start with the basic rules (which are pretty simple) and add whatever optional rules fit your campaign. It's decent for representing characters who generally operate on the level of normal humans but have superpowers on top of that, which is a good fit for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

That said, it might be a bit tricky to represent the actual mechanics of Stand powers in the rules, but once you get that figured out it shouldn't be too hard to give them whatever unique special powers they're supposed to have on a person-by-person basis.
>>
File: Super Stand Sunday.jpg (327KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Super Stand Sunday.jpg
327KB, 1200x900px
>>50967536
If you are willing to look through 4plebs you should be able to find a variety of systems from SUPER STAND SUNDAY
>>
The podcast Roleplay Public Radio's episode was about this. They suggested something like FATE or Anima
>>
I'm pretty sure there's a FATE hack dedicated to Jojo.
That's what I'd use if I could ever organise my friends/life to do Jojo.
>>
File: JoJo_Fate_Core.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JoJo_Fate_Core.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50969003
>>
I am planning to run a campaign in gurps heavily inspired by jjba.

Honestly unless your group's GM has experience with it, I'd say steer clear. I'm going to need to spend a long time picking rules, books and homebrews.
>>
>>50967536
Marvel Heroic Roleplay. Nothing else will come close.
>>
>>50969196
They've even gone and stated up JoJo1 for you.
>>
Thanks guys. I'll check out the ones mentioned and figure out what works best.
>>
>>50969242
DIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>50967586

Should've put X's over Polnareff's limbs too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.