[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Miniatures Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Batman-4.jpg (93KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-4.jpg
93KB, 700x350px
Is there any interest here for the Batman Miniatures Game? It's growing a lot in my area (Sydney Australia, I'm somewhat successfully trying to gather a group together for it) and I was wondering how popular it is in other areas.

On another note, what crews do people play? I'm currently playing Batman, although I'm working on the Suicide Squad out of the box plus Arkham Origins Deathstroke
>>
File: Ra's Al Ghul.jpg (97KB, 600x828px) Image search: [Google]
Ra's Al Ghul.jpg
97KB, 600x828px
>>50966995
If you can play Batman, play it. It's amazingly fun. It uses terrain like Infinity, it plays skirmishes in ways that few games do, the combat is fast-paced and exciting, and the objectives are interesting and dynamic.

I have the League of Shadows, myself, because I'm a big fan of stabbing bitches. Liam Neeson best model.
>>
I picked up the Suicide Squad starter for Christmas. I'm planning on running a Joker crew; first priority is swapping out starter box Joker for the Killing Joke version, since I'm not a fan of the Jared Leto design. Once I've got everything built I'm going to take it into the local club to do a demo and see if I can drum up interest.
>>
>>50967020
OP here, I've been playing it a lot recently and am LOVING it. I've been buying up a lot of stuff too, in anticipation for games in the area, plus I've volunteered at my FLGS to run the BMG events/tournaments down there
>>
I started with an Arrow crew, then picked up a few evil henchmen and branch out with various evil leaders when i fancy something different
>>
>>50966995
I want to like the game but I find the internal balance between gangs a little screwy. If you lack numbers, I can't see how you can compete.

Their DC/Marvel supers game is very very good though.
>>
File: 7iwYxly.jpg (41KB, 386x542px) Image search: [Google]
7iwYxly.jpg
41KB, 386x542px
We had a pretty good group going, but the lack of releases for a lot of the gangs killed the hype for a lot of players: That and all the super-powered characters they kept adding.

Hopefully now that the larger DCU has its own game, BMG can go back to being about gangs and desperate vigilantes.

Flash and Superman can fuck right off.
>>
>>50969568
>and Superman
Have they made a Superman piece yet?
>>
>>50969587
As part of the first wave of the DCU game models.

Though I wish they'd make more Comics models rather than almost all being designs from adaptations.
>>
Would it be possible to run a gang made up entirely of different versions of Bane?
>>
>>50969587

KM posted the stat card for Superman in the BMG a few weeks ago. He's pretty much invulnerable, has flight and hover, and his melee attacks all do 3 stun and have push. He's 250 goddamn points.

We knew it was coming; there have been a steady trickle of releases with 'Kryptonite' and Lexcorp faction is in the pipes.

I think they shit the bed hard on that one. Let Supes and the heavy hitters have their own game.
>>
>>50969613

Nah. Only allowed one character with the same secret identity.

You do have 3 different Banes to choose from though.
>>
>>50966995

I'm extremely interested, got my hands on the rulebook after Christmas and the models are gorgeous.
I'm having real difficulty reading anything about the game though, because as far as I can see they have no forums and nobody writes any blogs about the game. The few posts I have found date back years and are completely irrelevant to the modern game.

Assuming that there are some actual players here;
- Could anyone give a brief rundown of the Gangs? I know absolutely nothing beyond the bare essentials. Just in really simple terms, like:
> Joker is impossible to predict and can swap his actions around. Prefers hordes of mooks, melee-centric
> Bane is mercenaries and so favours elite, well-equipped beatsticks.
> League of Shadows are expensive and fragile, absolutely must make good use of terrain to work. Favour hit'n'run, dogpiling and special rules.

Also something about the relative populations of each gang would be good, like which ones dominate the local club or are always on top table for games days.

Basically I want to jump in, and am probably rolling with Scarecrow or the League. But I'd like to know more about the gameplay side of things rather than just the comics and films.
>>
>>50969699

There are a lot more options now then there were a few years ago. Which factions are you interested in, aside from Scarecrow and League?
>>
>>50969718

It's pretty much between those 2, baring any awesome gameplay mechanics I'm not aware of.

I guess Mr Freeze and Penguin are also pretty cool. Court of Owls is interesting but the model range seems tiny.
>>
>>50969749

desu, I've been out of the local meta for a while, but played against most of the factions, barring those released this past year.

League is pretty much how you described it: you're paying a premium for hard to hit ninjas who deal delicious blood damage. Seriously, just get as many katanas as you can. There's also an archer ninja with paralyzing arrows who was a real fucker.

Scarecrow came on the scene just as our meta was dying, so I can't help you there, but he does have a lot of commandos and guns, and you can run Deathstroke as your leader.

I play Court of Owls, and yes, the model range is pretty small. They are super weird in that have shitty leaders but awesome henchmen. For them it's about using your limited resources wisely and murdering your prioritizing murder over objective-sitting. If they ever end up expanding the range with Owlman or maybe some garden variety mooks, I'd be back in.

Penguin is vanilla as fuck, but the sheer amount of guns and Free agents he can put on the table means you can't take him lightly. He also has probably the biggest range south of Joker, Bane and League.

Freeze is new but his thing seems to be about putting as many freeze rays on the table as possible and then making off with loots.
Hope that was helpful.

www.critskillpeople.com has some tactical stuff and crew rundowns, but they've been dead for a year now.
>>
This guy wrote a nice piece on crew selection and what some common abilities do for you.

http://www.critskillpeople.com/2016/04/new-batman-selecting-models.html/
>>
>>50969885

Any idea what a Scarecrow team actually *does*?
His card says to roll on the Fear table, but I can't see that anywhere in the rules.

Similarly, what is a 'standard' number of models to see on the table? I see 3-4 heroes takes up most of your allocation, but how many constitutes a horde?
Is a reasonable list to take Scarecrow, a sidekick, maybe Deadshot, and then tank down on mooks?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.