[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 4e General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 95496d5a4038a401972c4f72e2a62ffd.jpg (219KB, 900x1150px) Image search: [Google]
95496d5a4038a401972c4f72e2a62ffd.jpg
219KB, 900x1150px
Divine Right Edition

If you are GMing, remember...
1. To strongly consider giving out at least one free "tax feat," like Expertise and pre-errata Melee Training.
2. To use Monster Manual 3/Monster Vault/Monster Vault: Nentir Vale/Dark Sun Creature Catalog math. Avoid or manually update anything with Monster Manual 1 or 2 math.
3. That skill challenges have always been scene-framing devices for the GM, that players should never be overtly told that they are in a skill challenge, and that the Rules Compendium has the most up-to-date skill DCs and skill challenge rules.

If you would like assistance with character optimization, remember to tell us what the what the rest of the players are playing, what books are allowed, your starting level, the highest level you expect to reach, what free feats you receive, if anything is banned, whether or not themes are allowed, your starting equipment, and how much you dislike item-dependent builds.
If you wish to talk about settings, 4e's settings are Points of Light (the planes and the natural world's past empires are heavily detailed in various sourcebooks and magazines), 4e Forgotten Realms, 4e Eberron, 4e Dark Sun, and whatever setting you would like to bring into 4e.

Useful resources: http://pastebin.com/85Hm56k5
Online compendium: http://funin.space/
>>
I want to run a 4E megadungeon.

Suggestions?
>>
Is the monster creator still available? That was the best resource I, as a GM, could ever wish for.
>>
>>50967313
What kind of megadungeon? Big labrynth? Hypercube of kill-rooms? Endless dungeon-crawl like blackreach in Skyrim?
>>
I was trying to build a character that replicates assassin's creed 1 melee combat. Obviously 1 hit kills are not a thing for non-minions, but was trying out a riposte-focused rogue, with Melee-Magthere Champion theme for the level 2 stance power, and a concealed dagger in the off-hand to simulate the wrist dagger, and give CA when I can't get it otherwise. What else should I consider for it?
>>
>>50968012
Dunno, was just thinking idly about dungeoncrawling earlier today. Not familiar with blackreach.
>>
>>50967690

The online D&Di tools still include the monster creator. I would not know where to find the offline version.

>>50968317

For one, the "wrist razors" weapon from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting are a hidden blade for all intents and purposes. Rhythm Blade Wrist Razors can be useful for some characters, if the DM interprets such as legal.

For two, what you are looking for is some sort of catch-22 defender build. Perhaps the most well-known of these in CharOp circles is the paragon-tier half-elf fighter (knight) with Versatile Master (Eldritch Strike) and White Lotus Master Riposte, but other catch-22s exist.

What level would this character of yours start at?
>>
>>50968604
>The online D&Di tools still include the monster creator.

Unfortunately my dad and I were sharing a D&Di account and he let it lapse, so i can't even log in to see if the WotC one is still online.
>>
>>50968604
Level 7+
I was leaning drop because of the theme's auto-CA against hit enemies stance. I didn't realize that wrist razors were a simple weapon, I always thought they were superior.
>>
>>50968604
>>50969195
Drow** not drop
And also I didn't super care if they attacked a different ally as much, it was mostly trying to defend myself. The party has two defenders, so I'm mostly looking for my own survivabilty/avoiding attacks, and damage output.
For instance, there was a style feat for riposte that gives the target a -2 to its attacks, and an arena feat that is another -3, just to the triggering attack.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.