[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimdark Campaign Settings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What is the most horrific, grimdark setting you have ever witnessed, /tg/?
>>
>>50963404
Bumping.
>>
bloodborne
>>
File: 1335708000460.jpg (22KB, 322x362px) Image search: [Google]
1335708000460.jpg
22KB, 322x362px
>>50963404
My life.
>>
>>50963404
Warhammer 40k.Even if it overplays everything so much it's become a joke now.
>>
>>50963404
/tg/
>>
>>50963404
40k or that one with the elves that rape dudes which then turn into more weird elves...the whole setting read like some fat chicks wet dream given print form.
>>
>>50965677

>or that one with the elves that rape dudes which then turn into more weird elves...the whole setting read like some fat chicks wet dream given print form.

Fuckin... What?
>>
>>50965697
Wraeththu. You were warned.
>>
>>50963404
The one I use tabletop games to escape from.
>>
>>50965761
That's the one i was thinking of, my mind must have blanked the name(for damn good reason).
>>
Planescape, certain aspects of that are grim as fuck but it is not presented outright you have to think about what you are reading and experiencing.
>>
>>50963404

Life of Julia
>>
File: Xeelee_omnibus.jpg (24KB, 262x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xeelee_omnibus.jpg
24KB, 262x400px
I've heard that the humans in this one makes the Imperium of Man look like pussies.
>>
>>50969639
IIRC, it's more like that the humans in that book make the Imperium of Man feel lucky.

Around christmas, someone dumped a long list of Lovecraftian cosmic horror books written by hardscifi writers.

Stories that are simply about humanity discovering aliens so advanced and powerful that even the slightest annoyance caused by humanity towards the aliens would just be a galactic mass extinction event for all of humanity.
>>
>>50963404
Lovecraft, it's difficult to do something as hopeless and horrific as his work.
>>
>>50969661
Got a link for this shit? Sounds like my cup of tea
>>
>>50963404
The John Lennon song Imagine.
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>50969831
>Imagine a world with thought police
>It's easy if you try
>Imagine you can't own anything
>| wonder if you can?
>Imagine all the people, forced to live 'in peace'?
>Imagine a world in jumpsuits
>I'm not the only one
>I know one day you'll be forced to join us
>And the world, will live under one.
>>
>>50969831
>Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
>Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
>Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
>I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
a bleak world devoid of meaning, where all people are brainwashed into a state of vegetative happiness
sounds a lot like Huxley's brave new world
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.