[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Great Cancers that Cancer great together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Jojo_5c6ee1_5816905[1].jpg (164KB, 700x761px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo_5c6ee1_5816905[1].jpg
164KB, 700x761px
Which of these sounds more appealing to you? It's for a game

Fate/Stay meets JoJo
>Every 10 years, the Mage clans gather to participate in a controlled "war" for the Holy Grail, a relic of tremendous power
>Each great family sends one participant, who, through great personal and magical strength, has manifested a [STAND] - a projection of their own spirit and mind, which they use to do battle
>These [STANDS] are reflections of the mages inner personality and strength, and their abilities are wildly different.

or

JoJo meets Fate/Stay

>A great war is brewing between the various powerful mage families who, through the gifts of their bloodlines or the influence of ancient relics, are able to manifest [STANDS], supernatural representations of their spirit with which they do battle
>[STANDS] are linked to the forms of ancient heroes, whom the Stand User's spirit calls out to
>Now the race is on to prevent the Brando family from claiming the Holy Grail as their own and rewriting reality to suit the whims of their Magician Patriarch, DIO
>>
Definitely the second. Make it where the PCs are Mages whose Stands are based on legendary heroes.

Tell the PCs all their powers [system?] have to be based on the legend of the hero they pick, NOT a straight rip-off of a Fate hero [for instance if they choose Gilgamesh it can't be 'that' Gilgamesh, they have to OC that shit], and also should have some degree of Jojo-inspired weirdness.
>>
The latter for sure. The former is just a generic battle royale thing with stands, but the latter manages to incorporate the most interesting bits of both.
>>
>>50959106
>>50959169

Oh thank god someone replied I really wanted to talk about this

Yes, part of the appeal to JoJo is the weird and highly circumstantial powers. I was just wondering if it would be better to do Fate/Stay with JoJo stands, or JoJo with Fate/Stay heroic spirits

I like your idea though. Characters stands are BASED off of legendary heroes, like a template. But their powers are half based on the 'source material', and half based on the user itself. Like they're drawing on the platonic ideal of King Arthur, or the archetype, rather than summoning King Arthur himself. Come to think of it this is a far better explanation for King Arthur being a little girl than Fate/Stay got... But I digress

help me think of examples
>>
>>50959176
What system are you using for this, thats very important?

Also no, you let the PCs make up the heroes. Also I didn't mean the powers were based on the user/Mage, I meant that the powers are based on the hero, but through a Jojo-lens. Also make sure the Stands remain named after music.

For example, a Gilgamesh Stand could be called 「Princes of the Universe」 and could give you the power to make anyone you defeat in a fair fight your best friend [via magical mind control/manipulation].
>>
File: humbaba.png (79KB, 544x384px) Image search: [Google]
humbaba.png
79KB, 544x384px
>>50959213
Hell you could basically base the entire Stand for Gil off Queen.

「We Will Rock You」 Grants super-strength

「Don't Stop Me Now」 Grants super-durability

「Somebody to Love」 Supernaturally seduces

「You're My Best Friend」 Anyone defeated becomes your best friend

「Who Wants to Live Forever」 Some-kind of ultimate super-move
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.