[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Danganronpa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Pupupupu~.png (9KB, 219x327px) Image search: [Google]
Pupupupu~.png
9KB, 219x327px
How would you run a Danganronpa game? I've been thinking a couple ways - you could either do basically a fan scenario with the players having to solve mysteries you set up, but it might also be cool to have it being something ongoing you do with a lot of people, where they say more or less what they're doing for a day in maybe even a kind of play-by-post style, and they can try to murder eachother kinda like Mafia/Werewolf.
What would the stat sheet look like anyway? I reckon it could be as simple as a kind of Everyone Is John sheet where you just list your skills and there is a set DC based solely on if it is your talent or not.
>>
>>50958619
>How would you run a Danganronpa game?
I wouldn't.
Also in general mistery games are a bitch.
Everyone except one player has to go out of the room all the time and even when only one character does something that in retrospect might intercept with someone elses action route it all collapses.
>>
>>50958661
Might still work online - just use private chats with the GM, deal with them separately and such.
>>
File: 1470938513460.png (457KB, 600x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1470938513460.png
457KB, 600x1054px
>>50958619
Funny you should ask, I've been roped into a upcoming game based on this series. I generally shy away from weebstuff and I know next to nothing about the games (although the rest of the group have been explaining a few things) but it's the first opportunity for me to not be the forever-GM in several years so fuck it, I don't give a shit anymore. At least I'll get make fun of anime clichés, hopefully.

GM told everyone to make two characters so if one dies they won't immediately be dropped from the game and still be able to participate. I ended up making a heavy metal guitarist chick and a british surgeon. Currently waiting for the rest of the group to finish their characters (only waiting on two people IIRC).

One thing that does concern me is that the GM did refer to the latter as a "beacon of hope". Now I mentioned earlier that I don't know much about this series but between the rest of the people in the group I've figured that the whole hope/despair theme seems to be a pretty strong gimmick. On a scale from 1 to panic, how worried should I be?
>>
>>50958619
I wouldn't, since it's a trash franchise with no redeeming qualities.
>>
I've given it some thought, and I'm pretty sure it would only work online, if at all. There'd have to be a good way to figure out who the next killer(s) and victim(s) are - you can't just have NPCs kill each other off or else the PCs realize they have plot armor. And writing a good DR-style mystery is hard; they do some weird-ass shit, and you can't really force players to continue investigating one area until they find all the clues. That said, I don't have a large familiarity with any mystery-specific systems, so maybe there's one that's solved some of those problems.

>>50958899
>On a scale from 1 to panic, how worried should I be?
I'd say around a 7 or so.

Kyoko is cute.
>>
File: Mioda_(18).png (113KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Mioda_(18).png
113KB, 960x560px
>>50958899
>a heavy metal guitarist chick
DR2's already got one, actually.
>>
>>50959204
But she's shit.
>>
>>50959204
So I was informed. My first draft of the character was almost identical to this chick. The GM had to stop me halfway through me pitching the idea to him to point that it had literally already been done in the same series. I had never heard of this chick before that. Served as a sobering reminder that I'm not as original as I really think I am.
>>
>>50959260
Could always just be a reminder that great minds think alike and that there's nothing new under the sun. Ibuki is one of the most popular characters from her series so your ideas are good, at least.
>>
>>50958619

Don't do an ongoing game. And do realize that even in Danganronpa, that the core mechanic is so wearisome that there are lengthy VN scenes SOLELY to give you time to relax.

That being said, closed-room murder mysteries are solid one-shots. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW TYPES OF ROLEPLAYING THAT NORMIES ARE INTO, EVEN.

Murder mystery dinners and shit.

Take inspiration from a lot of classic media: This is a popular genre in general. In particular you should watch the classic TV series Murder, She Wrote.
>>
I had fun recently in a DtD game with a scenario based on Danganronpa. Except I cheated my ass off once I gave them the scenario they thought was Danganronpa's.

There was no actual murders. The 'murder victims' were the people the demon couldn't drag into his mindscape illusion.

He was feeding on despair and trying to get people to think THEY did it. He claimed the reason they couldn't remember anything prior to this was that he's removed the memories to make the investigation fun when it was really because he'd just dragged them into the illusion and there was no actual arriving at the location.

Fortunately for him, one of the people he couldn't drag into the illusion was the psychologist of the group who's good at keeping various personality issues under control.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.