[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_0369.jpg (658KB, 764x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
658KB, 764x919px
Lesbian, owlbear, sue/10
>>
>>50953625
I'm sorry, owlbear? I don't follow.
>>
>>50953722
No one tell him.

He must find out for himself at this point.
>>
>>50953625
At least two-thirds of those are clearly wrong. Possibly all three, but I'm not up-to-date on the incredibly niche inside joke that you're pretending is so obvious it couldn't possibly warrant even a cursory explanation.
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>50953625
I get the owlbear thing, but only out of implications, not some in-joke thing.

My take is magical mini snu-snu bitch. If Owlbear is a reference to Warcraft, then presumably she stacks Strength and Int gear, though she probably plays like a mix of an Elemental/Enhancement shaman. (back when you could mix trees)

Anyway is anyone else looking at faggot's pic and thinking holy shit her forearms and hands are sexy as fuck?
>>
>>50954780
>>50953722
You guys are adorable
>>
>>50953625
Mary Sue? nah.

Shit character who didn't have enough personality to carry a show on her own and actually managed to devolve into being even more unlikable? Bingo!
>>
>>50953625
Lvl 20 Monk, obviously.
>>
Still pretty hot, though.
>that fell when your GM introduces tall, brown and muscular korra-like girl as an NPC so you have to hide your awkward boner for the rest of the session
>>
>>50954780
The newfag is strong with this one.
>>
>>50953625
>character makes mistakes, gets beat down and punished for hubris, learns from mistakes, gradually improves, faces enemies even she knows (correctly) that she'll lose, grows as a person
>mary sue
Sure.
>>
>>50955193
>anon sucks cock, has aids, craces the cummies, and is still somehow a virgin
>not gay

I can make shit up too
>>
>>50955193
>learns from mistakes, gradually improves, faces enemies even she knows (correctly) that she'll lose, grows as a person
>Korra
>Implying she wasn't a witless bitch whose first and only solution to a problem was "I cast Fist!" From beginning to end.
>>
>>50955206
Did you even watch the series, man?
>>
>>50955193
Every main character is a mary sue to /tg/.

Yet the actual mary-sues like The Raven Queen are praised.
>>
>>50955217
I saw when she got airbending handed to her even though they set up it was because she wasnt very spritiual. Check the fuck out after season 1
>but you haven't-
nope. Its not my job to go looking for the good parts, its the shows job to start off strong
>>
>>50955206
She's the avatar, and she still gets her ass handed to her by Earth Hitler.
>>
>>50955210
Korra's the one who surrendered herself to Zaheer to spare the airbenders, then fought him even as the poison killed her so they'd have the chance to get away. The one who started off the series with no tangible connection to the spirits and wound up reforming the Avatar cycle and merging the spirit and physical worlds. The one who overcame severe PTSD because the world needed her.

You're thinking of Zuko.
>>
Zuko literally became a ninja to solve his problems.
>>
Start or end of series?

At the start likely a Rank 3 Xia due to starting with multiple Internal styles, Fire Sutra, Ice Sutra and Earth Dragon just to begin with. Blossom Harvest as her External, it fits her general nature as a brawler. Plus the Rage of the Dragon Kings formless technique, making weapons out of water and so on.

Being the Avatar is likely a Loresheet with a built in Transcendent Technique, unifying her Elemental Chi into a single kind and likely reducing the buy in cost for new Elemental Internals.

By the end of the series she's deep into Rank 2, having picked up Heaven's Lightning, Iron Body Skill and a few extra Internals, LotW doesn't have 'Air' as an element but there are more than a few styles that would fit on the wiki and it's not hard to adapt.

In terms of Archetype... Starts out as a Warrior, picks up some Priests Arts in Season 2 and some Courtiers arts, a bit spread out but it's unlikely to matter given her supercharged Elemental Cultivation.

Overpowered as fuck of course, but the Avatar is that in universe, so it fits.
>>
>>50953625
>owlbear
But she ha a polar bear.
>>
>>50955276
>polar bear DOG
>>
>>50955022
idgaf if the gear would technically be 'of the gorilla,' it's what she'd do as a moonkin druid before rerolling to shaman so eat my ass you autist
>>
>>50955218
That makes sense. I think we all know /tg/ is around 30-40% That Guys, so the thought of anyone getting attention other than them would be enough to make them upset. And in the case of fictional characters, that means calling Mary Sue.
>>
>>50954780
>Anyway is anyone else looking at faggot's pic and thinking holy shit her forearms and hands are sexy as fuck?
/tg/'s perversions continue to baffle me.
>>
>>50955329
>he still doesn't get it
Do you even play tabletop games? Or did you just get lost on your way to /v/?
>>
>>50955359
Dude, stop. It's a lame-ass joke that's easy to miss.

>>50955329
The statblock that gets posted in every "stat me" thread is from the 3.5 owlbear. >>50953849
>>
>>50955249
She didn't really reform the cycle, she got it reset because she wasn't able to beat her enemy, it had nothing to do with spiritual connection either.

And i wouldn't say she overcame her ptsd, they just sorta forgot about it in the writing room.
>>
>>50955329
Holy mother of newfaggot.
Go back to /v/ and stay there, underage little shitcunt.
>>
>>50955643
Edge and push 40 harder please, and stay irrelevant.
>>
>>50955265
Traditionally, air is considered to be part of the Wood element of the Wu Xing (the Wu Xing is weird, and isn't meant to be literal physical substances. Flowers are Fire and not Wood, for example), so you could use use Wood Chi to represent that.
>>
>>50955754

Interesting, I didn't actually know that. Thank you!

Are there any online resources you'd recommend for giving extra information on that kind of thing? LotW does a decent job going over the cultural context and metaphysics of Wuxia stuff, but the limited page count stops them being super detailed.
>>
Korra just punches things to solve problems though
>>
>>50955785

That's why statting her in a Wuxia system makes sense. They're all about punching things to solve problems in interesting ways.
>>
>>50954869
>Mary Sue? nah.
>Literally pulls all kinds of retarded shit and gets a pat at the back
Its like you cannot grasp how horrible of a character she actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
>>
>>50953625
Cum receptacle and rapebait/10
Strong Indipendent wymin/0
Ridiculous attempt at pandering to tumblr/10
>>
File: when_the_lifts_are_too_strong.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
when_the_lifts_are_too_strong.gif
2MB, 200x200px
probably-fucks-like-a-tigress/10
>>
>>50955341

Its pretty limited to female characters though. Which is another example of That Guy-ism and/or the need to act misogynistic to show how Internet Tough/Edgy they are.

Just once in the Star Wars thread when people are bitching about Rey being a Mary Sue I want somebody to talk about how Luke is totally a Mary Sue because he had no training in the force at all and yet has the natural talent to block blaster shots and blows up the Death Star with no targeting computer and evades Vader's force-enhanced fighter attack long enough for Han to help him and the Rebels make him a flight leader in their most elite fighter squadron with authority over veterans Biggs and Wedge based on his desert hot-rodding even though he's never shot a weapon at an Imperial until that very same day. Look at that shitty Power Fantasy Bullshit, could he be pandering any harder?
>>
>>50953625
More like owlbear sue lesbian/10
>>
>>50955193
>Korra
>Learns from mistakes
I'm sorry, were we watching a different show?
>>
>>50953625
Skub/10

But seriously, she was fucking horrible as a character. And the longer the show was running, the worse she was. I still feel bad for deluding myself with repeating like a mantra "next season will be better"
>>
>>50956429
It's pretty clear that 4chan as a whole has an absolute shit taste in what characters they like and what they want a character to accomplish.

>akira toriyama clearly states that goku isn't a hero, he's just a good guy
>people go absolute autistically apeshit each time goku does something selfish like letting villains live so he can fight them another time, or giving villains an advantage to even the odds of the fight

On one hand they hate characters that are flawed or nearly-flawless.
On the other hand they hate flawed characters and want them to explicitly be flawless.
>>
>>50956429
Isn't Anakin and Luke always brougt out to somehow make Rey less mary sue? Not that it is relevant since they could be mary sues and it wouldn't change a thing about Rey.
>>
>>50956429
>Implying Rey is not Mary Sue
>Implying that if Luke is Mary Sue then new replacement character can or should be Mary Sue too

This is what I don't get in this whole situation. Luke is a Marty Sue. Why the fuck Rey is even worse in this regard and what kind of logic it is to perpetuate the cycle of shitty characters?
>>
>>50956522
>This is what I don't get in this whole situation. Luke is a Marty Sue. Why the fuck Rey is even worse in this regard and what kind of logic it is to perpetuate the cycle of shitty characters?

Because Star Wars is supposed to be lowest-common-denominator scifi? It's not supposed to be 2001, it's not supposed to be Solaris, it's not supposed to be Alien.

It's schlock, and schlock should come with schlock characters. It's not important that the characters are marysues. All that matters in Star Wars is if the pacing is right, if the special effects are fun and if the actors act well.
>>
>>50956540

Yeah, it's not a movie designed to provoke introspection. It's a movie designed to get an emotional response out of you. Excitement and enthusiasm.

That's not really a bad thing. We need movies like that and Star Wars does it well.
>>
>>50956553
>and Star Wars does it well.
As long as George Lucas is kept on a leash, or just removed from the picture.
>>
>>50956513
>>50956522

Because Rey is the only one who gets the complaint/criticism leveled against her, and if you think its not because she's a woman or because the movie was percieved by internet fans as being SJW bait for having a woman and black guy as the main protagonists, you're lying to yourselves. If Rey had been a dude the words "mary sue," would have never in a million years been applied to the character, and in fact I'm fairly willing to bet that most people who hate her would think that she's amazing.
>>
File: Core Rulebook.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Core Rulebook.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50953625
This one is easy.

South Pole Background, Avatar Rank 5

Air 3 / Reflexes 5
Earth 3 / Stamina 5
Fire 2 / Agility 6
Water 5
Spirit 6

Skills: Athletics 5, Awareness 3, Etiquette 1, Investigate (Interrogate) 3, Meditation 2, Navigation 3, Persuade 2, Remembrance (various) 1, Command 1, Defense 4, Hunting 6, Riding 7, Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) 8, Acrobatics 5, Animal Handling (Polar Bears) 4, Medicine 2, Deceive 2, Intimidate (Bully) 1, Stealth 2, Subterfuge 4, Temptation 2

Perks: Allies (many), Daredevil, Elemental Affinity (Fire)
Flaws: Brash, Consumed (Strength), Doubt (various), Tame, Unlucky

Airbending: Offense 4, Defense 2, Mobility 3, Utility 2
Earthbending: Offfense 6, Defense 3, Mobility 2, Utility 4, Miscellaneous 2
Firebending: Offense 9, Defense 4, Mobility 5, Utility 6, Miscellaneous 4
Waterbending: Offense 5, Defense 5, Mobility 5, Utility 3, Miscellaneous 2, Special (Healing) 4
>>
>>50956584
The complaints are also highly compartmentalized online. You won't find a lot complaining on 420chan on Rey because the stoners over there know fully well that Star Wars isn't supposed to be some fucking testament of storytelling.
>>
>>50956584
Don't know what internet is saying, because I literally couldn't care less.
But she IS a Mary Sue to annoying degree and I don't like that. I knew from the start the film is going to be shit. Not because it's some SJW propaganda, but because it's utterly pointless piece of shit that cancelled most of the EU material from existence in the process. So when I get some subpar bullshit with really weak characters, instead, say, Mara Jade, I'm kinda-sorta pissed.
>>
>>50956553

I think of movies like Star Wars as being mythology. They can make you think about things, they can have messages, they can be applicable to real world things, but all that is secondary to that primal emotional response they get out of you.

In fact, its a circular thing in a lot of ways: movies like Star Wars that engage you emotionally can trigger a desire for intellectual engagement, and intellectually engrossing movies can in turn trigger an emotional response by leading you to confront difficult thoughts.
>>
>>50956584
I don't know about male Rey being liked, i think my problems would be the same desu which is mostly that she is like Luke, but worse, she just appears to be better at all the force stuff than he was, also it's a problem when she is better at it than her enemy who is super powerful in force stuff aswell. Also i don't know anyone who liked Anakin or almost anything about him in the prequals. He just doesn't get the same treatment because everyone agrees on it.

Actually i feel like Rey often gets a free pass because she's a woman unlike male characters in the same situation.
>>
File: dune_baron_harkonnen_laughs.gif (1MB, 392x222px) Image search: [Google]
dune_baron_harkonnen_laughs.gif
1MB, 392x222px
>>50956602
>But she IS a Mary Sue to annoying degree and I don't like that. I knew from the start the film is going to be shit. Not because it's some SJW propaganda, but because it's utterly pointless piece of shit that cancelled most of the EU material from existence in the process. So when I get some subpar bullshit with really weak characters, instead, say, Mara Jade, I'm kinda-sorta pissed.
Wait what...

You complain about Rey being a marysue, but then also complain about the EU, THE BIGGEST FUCKING SHITPILE OF MARYSUES being decanonized? Are you FUCKING RETARDED? Do you not see you GALACTIC HYPOCRISY?

Holy fucking shit, your post is just dripping with colossal gigantic cancerous retardation.
>>
>>50956602

There was like an 80 post conversation in /swg/ this week about how Mara Jade is the biggest mary sue in the Star Wars, so I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>50956612

I think you're quite mistaken if you don't think a lot of people are Anakin fans. Its just most of them are mainstream popcorn plebs who like him because he's hot/dark/edgy.

He's so much better in the two Clone Wars cartoons. Oh what might have been...
>>
>>50956625
You are missing the point. I'm pissed because already existing plotlines, with pretty decent and half-decent plot arcs were scrapped, to literally produce New Hope 2.0.
Besides, EU is so big, you can literally chose and pick from it whatever you want. And I never said I liked all of it.

But stay mad, I get it, you are this neo-fag fandom what considers Fury Road the best Mad Max ever made and Rogue-1 the best imaginable SW production. A fucking millenial who for past decade or so was fed with nothing else but reboots, remakes and pointless sequel, so he literally has no fucking taste and enjoys shit.

Stay newfag, but stay away
>>
>>50956646
The Clone Wars cartoons are excellent examples that there is technically nothing wrong with Anakin.

All fault lies with George Lucas and the creative team not having the balls to say "George... please listen..."
>>
>>50956646
Oh well i haven't seen the cartoons. I'm basing it off of his prequals portrayal, and i honestly don't know anyone who thought Anakin was a good character in those.
>>
>>50956584
Just out of curiosity, do you realize that your entire argument hinges around the tactic of "I know your opinions better than you do"?
>>
>>50956627
Maybe. Maybe it's because there is just SO MUCH stuff about her, you can easily see past a single appearance of her. Rey meanwhile has this basic problem of having a single film in which she appears and she's an insufferable character in it. Kind of reverse Neo, where you love him in the first film even if it's all Chosen One cliche, but absolutely hate him in the franchise taken into a whole. Ray has exact opposite - she might grow into a good character, but as for now, she's just fucking annoying.
>>
>>50956653

I sadly know far too many.
>>
>>50956649
>"George... please listen..."
>Implying they could
Anon, this might sound harsh, but there was nobody with a right to do so, because Lucas secured his position by mid 90s as literally the only person making the decisions. There was nobody controlling, supervising or with any leverage left to counter him at any stage of production.
>>
>>50956648

You are so amazingly angry and I find it fucking hilarious.
>>
>>50956648
I haven't even seen the two new Star Wars films. I fucking hate Star Wars because I fucking hate schlock scifi.

:^)

Also, Fury Road is actually the best Mad Max movie around. The sheer scale, pacing, action and insanity of it blows ANY OTHER Mad Max out of the water. It is the total sum of George Miller's lessons in film making.

The brilliance of the film is exemplified in how just how easy I can roll back vivid memories of the film in my minds eye.

I don't know a lot of films that are so intensely visual that I can rewatch scenes in my head, and they are typically cinematic milestones like King Kong or Metropolis.
>>
>>50956648
The only good things about the EU were the fucking videogames and you fucking know it.

The books were TRASH, the comics were TRASH. TRASH.
>>
>>50956671
>Fury Road
>Best Mad Max
Not him, but kill yourself
>>
>>50954780
>Owlbear is a reference to Warcraft
Holy shit, really?
>>
>>50956680
>Tfw there will be no Kyle Katarn film
>>
>>50956602
In short, it doesn't matter what TFA did, your waifu ain't canon no more, and nothing will ever ease the agony this causes your sphincter, so the rest of us have better just get used to wading around in your tears.
>>
>>50956683

Nah, it was really good and you're just mad.
>>
>>50956683
>i am a retarded nostalgia faggot who doesn't understands film

Keep jerking off to those Smegma Crazies and Gayboy Berserkers then. :^)
>>
File: 1359837607757.gif (167KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1359837607757.gif
167KB, 160x120px
>>50956690
I feel your pain brother!
>>
>>50956584
Rey is definitely a Mary Sue when it comes to her use of the Force. Mostly her progression of force power usage feels rushed as fuck. That's the main thing. Other than that she's a boring bitch-face for the first half of the movie. I literally fell asleep during my first viewing.

Anakin as a boy is Gary Stu as fuck and a much worse offender. Even with the free pass of being motherfucking Darth Vader he still gets shit on.

Rey doesn't get half as much hate as Anakin, so spare us the bullshit please, us 'internet fans' (as opposed to non-internet fans?) criticize because we care, not because of some myth we're all bigots you find comfort believing in.

We all want to like Rey, just like we all want to like Korra.
>>
>>50956660

Personally, my only real problem with Rey is that she was kind of a cipher. She didn't have a ton of character of her own, she spent almost all her screen time being kinetic and DOING STUFF and very little personality came through. I can really only think of those first scenes on Jakku and the scene where she's angsting over Anakin's saber as being about her as a person rather than about her being an action driver. Her best scenes were all about the more fully formed characters swirling around her and her either doing something to make them react or her doing something in reaction to them.

I think I'd be going too far to say I disliked her as a character. Her character just seemed kind of irrelevant. The story wasn't about her, it was about Finn and Kylo Ren and Han Solo and The State Of Affairs In The Galaxy Being Changed. She was important to the story, crucial even, but it still wasn't about her, so her flaws as a character don't register much to me.
>>
>>50956708
>If you don't enjoy Explosion: The Film, then you don't understand cinema
Like I was saying, kill yourself.
>>
ITT: Faggots watching SW derail the thread into shitty film discussion.

STAT HER OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!
>>
>>50956718
I actually do like both Rey and Korra. But as you said, Reys force power progression was really fast, too fast imo, and the way she fought Kylo was annoying to me.

Korra on the other hand i liked for 3 of the 4 books, and i think the shows reaction to her is a bigger problem than her really. Also the fandom, or whats left of it, is worse than anything in the actual show, mostly because they praise and forgive her for everything ever. I like her, but i can accept that she is brute and not very smart most of the time. Book 2 being the exception, i have no idea why they wrote her the way they did in that one.
>>
>>50956752
>I like shitty characters
Shit taste, mate, shit taste
>>
>>50956740

You're a wonderful idiot. Please, keep posting.
>>
>>50956752
Any fandom is shit.
>>
>>50956767
Atleast i can admit they have problems, unlike some of their fans who think they're perfect for some reason.
>>
File: [freedom intensifies].gif (127KB, 200x138px) Image search: [Google]
[freedom intensifies].gif
127KB, 200x138px
>>50956740
You don't like explosions? What are you? Some kind of faggot?
>>
>>50956683
But it's true anon
>>
>>50956783
Or anti-fans that think they're Satan incarnate.

Pretty much two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>50956794
That too.
>>
>>50956752

Like, Aang did dumb shit and made things horrible all the time. I don't know why for Korra some people feel the need to pretend Korra didn't do the same thing.

Its like how in Voyager Captain Janeway often gets passes for all the horrible shit she does. Just admit she fucked up. At least Korra has continuity so she sometimes learns something... and yet her fans feel the need to erase that by claiming the mistake never happened at all.
>>
>>50956848
>At least Korra has continuity so she sometimes learns something...
This was not the case for at least two seasons. Korra didn't start developing until halfway through the series
>>
>>50956884

She developed at least somewhat within the arc of the first season. The second season is another story entirely...
>>
>>50956752
Korra has a confused as fuck character arc.
There's also a lot of her saying something to the effect of "I get it now" when she totally doesn't, especially not by her actions.
She doesn't really practice patience for instance beyond a conscious means to an end, so she doesn't really grow as a person beyond an increasing willingness to lie to herself.

Not that she necessarily even has to grow, but she show really harps on about it. Lots of sjw fans get sold on that without thinking but just because you say something is so, doesn't just make it true. The lazy writing merely fed Tenzin and co lines enabling her (making her more of a Mary Sue btw), usually in the aftermath of a conflict when she has calmed the fuck down to dupe the audience. "Hey yeah she's pretty chill now I guess? DERP."

Korra is through and through an emotionally vulnerable brute. If she were in Star Wars the Dark Side would eat her the fuck up.
Her defining character trait seems to be that despite all efforts to grow patience and understanding, she's incapable. Thus a void that hungers for acceptance replaces her stomach behind her sexy as fuck abs and it'll probably take some serious Sith Lord cum to quench.

Anyway, joking aside I'm going to stat her with an MTG deck:
Modern Gruul Aggro.
>Harmonize, Faithless Looting and Fiery Temper added in an attempt at better card advantage and selection.
>Still packs Monastery Swiftspear and Mutagenic Growth for explosive starts.
Has the stamina to go for the long game, but will lose out to more dominant strategies that are able to get her under control.
>Runs Atarka's Command and Exquisite Firecraft
She does have powerful burn ability to close out games she's one turn away from losing by outright overpowering opponents.

Korra plays an all-in game and frequently overextends. Gets btfo by board wipes, but picks herself up every time, if only to repeat the same mistakes.
>>
>>50957065
I find this hauntingly accurate.
>>
File: 1475005035420.png (576KB, 978x730px) Image search: [Google]
1475005035420.png
576KB, 978x730px
She's everything bad about Katara given its own life. She's dumb as a brick and an absolute mary sue. What other Avatar was using all the elements at the age she is first shown in the show? Actually, a better question.

Does Korra ever say the words "Sorry." Or "I'm wrong."?
>>
>>50955225
Earth Kim-Il-Sung actually.
>>
>>50956429
Luke in Episode 4 had a grand total of two skills: piloting fighter craft, and shooting while in fighter craft.

He was fucking garbage at everything else, and generally a useless whiny fuck.

Rey is great at everything and her character arc is about letting go of her shitty parents so she can stop holding herself back from being the super awesome chosen one she was always meant to be.

>and the Rebels make him a flight leader in their most elite fighter squadron with authority over veterans Biggs and Wedge based on his desert hot-rodding even though he's never shot a weapon at an Imperial until that very same day.
No they don't. He's Red 5. Red Leader is someone completely different.

He eventually becomes flight leader of Rogue Squadron, but that's years later and has more to do with him being one of the like three people to actually SURVIVE the attack on the Death Star.

If you're going to make these comparisons, don't just make shit up about the character you're comparing them to.
>>
>>50957197
Not to mention
>Its pretty limited to female characters though. Which is another example of That Guy-ism and/or the need to act misogynistic to show how Internet Tough/Edgy they are.
This is bullshit.

Anakin was an even worse Mary Sue than Rey (especially in Episode 1), and people bitched about him CONSTANTLY.

Korra isn't a Mary Sue, though, if only because she's constantly fucking up and making things worse.
>>
>>50953625
> sue/10

Korra makes too many mistakes and has too man people who don't just instantly like her for her to be a Sue.

>>50953822
All three. Korra has dated guys and never gave any hint that she's rejected them altogether, so she's bisexual, not a lesbian.
>>
>>50957219
>too man

*too many

Mea culpa
>>
>>50957202
>They
It's one guy, anon. We're not being infiltrated by Tumblr because of one samefagging autist.
>>
>>50955955
Based E;R
>>
>>50957202
One of those is mine (>>50956513) But my point was that even if Luke and Anakin are mary sues, that doesn't make Rey less of a mary sue.
>>
>>50957065
I think the intent of the designers of Korra was to create a world where Aang would have have been the perfect Avatar due to his diplomatic nature and patience.

Then they designed Korra to have been the perfect Avatar for Aang's time: a warrior-type who could learn all the Elements quickly and would have been able to deal with the whole Ozai problem without too much concern.
>>
>>50956465
Evidently. When did she not learn from her mistakes?
>>
>>50957261
Every time she had a chance to?

>>50957248
I think they said they wanted to make her the opposite of Aang.
>>
>>50956587
I appreciate you taking this seriously, personally her character problems are easier for me to forgive. In that I don't blame the character when I can see the stumbling hand of the author pulling and dragging her around
>>
>>50957227
Please stop doing damage control. The game's out. It has been out for years.
You'll only insult people's intelligence going on like this.
>>
>>50956648
>acts mad
>calls others mad
Not that you don't have a point on how sage they played awakens and how mucj, both good and bad was lost in the new timeline, but you undercut your message with a poor attitude, the accusation of sue is not a good argument anymore because it starts with the accusation and creates the implication that you started with the conclusion and do everything to justify the stance

Rey isn't a sue in my books, but that doesn't make her a good character either, the writers, like with many recent works including Legend of Korra fixated too much on what they are over who they are, or to put it in a way you might know better, they never put them to the pinkette test
>>
>>50957275
>Every time she had a chance to?

Presumably, when I asked, I wanted you to name some specific examples.

>I think they said they wanted to make her the opposite of Aang.

Yeah, and then they put her in a world where Aang would have been perfect. The fact that she fails a bunch shouldn't be surprising when she's in a world custom-designed to be her antithesis, particularly when her character has to be more than "turn into Aang", since to just have her gradually transform into our previous main character would be boring as fuck.

Which, again, she fails or fucks up way too often to be a Mary Sue, as well as having a realistic number of people like her and an equally realistic number of people dislike her without them being revealed to be evil; and all of them for realistic reasons. The President of the Republic, for example, never likes Korra, but otherwise seems to be a basically good person.

Anyway, unfortunately I'm now going to work for the next nine hours and probably won't get to see your response before this thread drops off the board. Oh well.
>>
>>50957314
The pinkette test?
>>
>>50957315
>Presumably, when I asked, I wanted you to name some specific examples.
You should probably try naming a time where she did learn. I gave as clear an example as possible since she didn't really learn ever.

But i guess i could mention opening the spirit portals as a mistake she didn't learn from. Or any time she went to fight a bad guy since she should have realised she can't win by fighting them (just like she lost every time before).

>Yeah, and then they put her in a world where Aang would have been perfect.
The weird part is that her approach (punching them) usually fails for her, yet in the end she is considered the winner. She always fights them every single time, gets saved or bailed out by someone else, and the problem is solved by violence. She never actually has to be diplomatic to solve her problems. And the one time where she does try being diplomatic everything turns out worse than before.
Usually those who don't like Korra in the show are treated as if their opinions are wrong though. Not that i think she's a mary sue, but i get why someone ould think that.
>>
File: 1423185692611.jpg (127KB, 463x278px) Image search: [Google]
1423185692611.jpg
127KB, 463x278px
>>50957202
What the shit are you even trying to say? Take your meds, anon.

It's not like /tg/ even likes characters anyway. Everything is either a sue or incredibly annoying, just like ever crunch change is either an unwarranted nerfing or gamebreaking cheese.

Thankfully, nobody here actually plays traditional games, so I don't have to deal with this bullshit IRL.

Korra's not a sue compared to Aang, but it's not like y'all actually watched the show.
>>
File: Fishchan.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fishchan.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>50957552
>Korra's not a sue compared to Aang, but it's not like y'all actually watched the show.

Uh-huh.
>>
>>50957348
>Not that i think she's a mary sue, but i get why someone ould think that.

>We get to see Aang search for different masters of the elements other than wind, which he is considered a prodigy of
>We see him slowly learn to master first water together with Katara
>Then Earth with Toph which he struggles with
>Most of the Fire Chapter is literally spent a finding a Fire Bender to teach him the use of Fire element

>Korra rushes a shitty kinder gardener into the building using fire, water, earth and air even before the opening
>We spent exactly two episodes on her trying to master Air Bending which she struggles with
>throws a bitch-fit how Tenzin is wrong
>She shits all over Tenzin, you know the old wise airbending monk that took after his dead Dad and wants to re-establish the Air Nomads like his dad and currently the person who knows the most about air-bending
>Then gets her bending powers taken away by Amon
>oh no power of love, activates her Airbending powers that Amon didnt take for some reason?
>suddenly uses them like an ace without ever mastering them
>HURR I GUESS I WAS WRONG ALL ALONG KORRA, MY APPROACH TO TEACH YOU AIRBENDING LIKE I TAUGHT ALL MY KIDS WAS ALL WRONG
>teehee my sudden airbending gave me back all my bending powers

But she is totes not a mary sue, guys. Nuh-uh. The setting itself jumps through hoops just to accommodate her IMMA GURLVATAR HEAR ME ROAR-shit but she is totes not a mary sue.
>>
>>50957202
>falsely accusing others of prejudice
>pointing out the prejudices that other people ignore because they don't inconvenience them, they only hurt other people, and who the fuck cares about other people?
FTFY
>>
>Every ___ is a ____ to /tg/
Can't think of any defense but instead shifts the point stating that all main characters are mary sues to /tg/, accusing /tg/ of not being able to identify a mary sue.

If you have nothing to add to show that Korra isn't a mary sue, you're than just blowing out hot air.
>>
>>50957315
The burden of proof is on you, prove that Korra did learn from her mistakes.
>>
>>50957764
I mean you're not wrong about Air, but for the other elements she did recieve training to become good at them we just skipped that part in the show. We do see her teachers as she is graduating fire bending.

But as the other guy said, some people chew her out (Raiko) and she loses a lot of fights all the time so it's not like she is comepletely flawless.
>>
>>50956429
You must've missed the part where luke said earlier in the movie that he was an ace pilot so blowing the death star isn't that immersive breaking if the character had stated previously that he had the necessary skills to do the objective. Rey on the other hand had no piloting experience and yet somehow how flew several professional pilots on her first try.
Your example doesn't prove luke was a mary sue. Also accusing everyone that they hate women just because an obvious mary sue is being called a mary sue is retarded.
>>
>>50957764
Korra has a cunt, therefore she can't be a mary sue.
>>
I've been on /tg/ for years and I have no idea what the owl bear thing is until now, cut the fuck out with "muh secret club joke"
>>
File: 1426067245235.png (762KB, 1524x785px) Image search: [Google]
1426067245235.png
762KB, 1524x785px
>>50957771
>falsely accusing others of prejudice
Yes, good work you noticed how you falsely accuse others of prejudice. Paraphrasing it doesn't make it any less retarded.

Get out.
>>
>>50953625
>People think Korra is a Mary Sue.

On what fucking planet?
>gets called out on dumb shit by other characters regularly, to the point that she has a negative approval rating
>loses most if not almost all of every fight she's in, relying heavily on everyone around her
>actually can't into problem solving worth shit either, again relying on everyone around her

So she's not a Fixer Sue, a God Sue, a Mary Tzu, or even a Sympathetic Sue. She's actually just a plain old bad character.
>>
>>50957869
>newfags from 2015 can now say 'years'

A. It's been around for actual years mate you fucking dribbling cunt. Stat me threads got spammed to hell, and the board developed that as a passive aggressive response that worked fucking fine until recently.

2. The only thing that's even mildly secret is how much of a faggot you are.
>>
>>50957849
All Mary Sues are cunts and get away with it. Just like Korra. She actually gets people to apologize to her for being wrong, despite she being the one who completely fucked up
>>
>>50957348
Not that anon, but (partial list):

She challenged Amon to a one-on-one fight to prove she wasn't afraid, and he beat her handily. After that she relied more on her allies.

Her impatience with the spiritual side of her role and her impulsiveness let her get tricked by Unalaq. Starting from season 3, we see her much less rushing into judgment and action, taking more time to consider what she's doing.

She's very proud and arrogant in the first three seasons, and so she views herself as a failure for not totally recovering after three years of physical therapy (and getting the rest of the poison removed). She thinks her bending is all that makes her special, and ultimately she "beats" Kuvira with empathy. And it's just like Avatar Yangchen said: "If the Avatar was some almighty spirit living at the top of some mountain, do you think he'd understand other people's troubles?" (paraphrased, it's been a while since I watched that.)

>>50957764
To be fair, Korra's not an expert level bender when she's 3. She's just capable of bending fire, water, and earth to some extent. When we see her master firebending (water and earth presumably came earlier), she's 17.

That is unusual--it took Roku until he was 24 (I think), but then, he found out he was the avatar when he was 16.

And Aang's struggle to learn Earthbending took about 12 hours. At the start of the day he couldn't Earthbend, at the end of the day he could. And three months later he was apparently fighting both Katara and Toph blindfolded as a regular training exercise.
>>
>>50957908
>posting malinformed manifestos that other people wrote
It's not that I haven't seen white knights in my life, but now sexists are just bandying that term around anytime someone points out they're entitled, spoiled little brats. It's more or less lost all meaning at this point.
>>
>>50958043
>Argument about Aang
>disregards anything that happens off-screen

>Argument about Korra
>but she took years to learn it all off-screen!

I cant tell if you are legitimately retarded or if this is supposed to be bait.
>>
>>50957986
No, it's not a response, it's shitposting.
>>
>>50958083
>Calling other people sexists
>On 4chan of all places

The thing I love about SJWs the most is their nearly autismal lack of self-awareness.
>>
>>50958099
It's not about what does and doesn't happen off-screen. When she was three, Korra could firebend. To get to the point where she could fight three experienced firebenders took fourteen years--and if her avatar training proper took a year, then it took roughly four months (if each element took roughly the same length of time). Learning to airbend even a little took a matter of months.

For Aang, the span between "struggling with earthbending" and "fighting a master earthbender and a seasoned waterbender blindfolded for training" was three, maybe four months of practice. To learn any earthbending whatsoever took twelve hours.
>>
>>50958043
>She challenged Amon to a one-on-one fight to prove she wasn't afraid,
She goes to confront Amon again at the end of the season again though, in much the same way.

>Starting from season 3, we see her much less rushing into judgment and action, taking more time to consider what she's doing.
She felt different in book 3 for sure, but she was still rushing into things and definately didn't consider her actions before comitting to them. Like helping the Queen collect taxes, or afterwards stealing the Airbenders or chasing after Zaheer and co after Zaofu.

>And it's just like Avatar Yangchen said: "If the Avatar was some almighty spirit living at the top of some mountain, do you think he'd understand other people's troubles?"
I can agree with that, but Korra didn't learn that lesson. And she certainly doesn't beat Kuvira through empathy but through brute strenght, then Kuvira has a breakdown for no reason and gives up fighting. But it had nothing to do with Korra. As for focusing on her bending prowess, that is a thing she kept throughout the show, she never really let go of that image.

I'm willing to admit that Korra was changed from season to season, but it wasn't through learning from her mistakes or success. It was more to fit a plot point set out by the writers.
>>
>>50958117
>it's okay because lots of other people do it!
>if you say that just because lots of other people do it it's still not okay, you have a nearly autismal lack of self-awareness!
>I am very good at this. I should write a book.
>>
ITT: people don't know what a mary-sue is and that by definition a main character cannot be one
>>
>>50956686
I assume his reasoning is that gear with "of the animal" has certain stat boosts. That or moonkin.
>>
>>50958159
>I am pretending to have a point but I dont
>>
>>50958212
Ad hominem is not an argument, anon. Wanna try again, or just scurry back to your /r9k/ burrow to talk about the feminazi bitch you totally BTFO'd?
>>
>>50953722
>>50954780

Get the fuck out you filthy newfags.
>>
>>50956671
>Fury Road is actually the best Mad Max movie around
Mad max is boring garbage, so that doesn't say much.
>>
>>50956369
How is she pandering to tumblr? They established how the cycle worked in the first series, and that meant that the next avatar had to be one of the brown people. The fact that it's a girl instead of boy might be pandering, but considering the last 2 were dudes I think the coin flip landing on guy again would have been weirder.
>>
File: CxcSEN2UAAAc1wS.jpg large.jpg (49KB, 850x1098px) Image search: [Google]
CxcSEN2UAAAc1wS.jpg large.jpg
49KB, 850x1098px
>>50958225
le upvoted!
>>
>>50958358
Possibly refering to the lesbian part.
>>
>>50958375
So that's a "no thank you, I'm not going to engage with what you said, I'm just gonna pretend I'm somehow a victim of anything but my own arrogance and sense of entitlement"?
>>
File: IMG_1126.jpg (80KB, 417x582px)
IMG_1126.jpg
80KB, 417x582px
>>50958159
>>
>>50958435
Is this bait, or do you want me to actually start listing reasons it's wrong?

I realize they're not mutually exclusive, I just wanna know if there's any chance of you actually reading what I would write.
>>
>>50957924
This. "Mary Sue" is a buzzword, guys. Let's just say it like it is: She's shit and unlikable.
>>
>>50958841
>unlikable
Actually I think it's unlovable.

She's highly likable, but try as we might we can never love her past her fucking fit body and messed up whitegirl persona implying glorious hot, sweaty angerfucking.
Her general eagerness is juvenile and just brings out the urge to see her dominated.
Before we get some tumblrina calling rape culture, notice how much of even the dyke porn of her has her subbing to Asami. She is constantly depicted as sub by most fanart.
We all sense she needs some form of mentorship, and sexual dominance is one expression of that. Well, at least for males, for white girls it's probably the only outlet for their racism to see Asami dominating Korra.

I think that we're annoyed that for how hot she is, she ultimately isn't worth it at the end of the day. For males, the physical cues for a suitable mate not being substantiated by her character is a massive wtf.

Korra is just unlovable. And it's sad.
Heartbreaking, really. She had such potential.
>>
>>50959048
I've been kicking around the idea of an abridged series for her, what would be a good way to take her character?
>>
>>50957986
Only retards open stat me threads anyways, use the filter like a regular person
>>
>>50956587
Got a link for the developpement of this game ?
>>
>>50953625
Played by GM's girlfriend.
>>
>>50959077
That sounds very interesting, would you be up for a chat over IRC about that?
>>
>>50959259
I lack the opportunity sadly, I have to catch a flight soon
>>
>>50959277
Patient enough to hold out for IRC after the flight? I've parked myself under the handle 'Korrafan' in a Pokemon IRC chat
Google search 'pokemon irc #pro' and it's the first thing that comes up.

Does that work for you?

Also any other faggots here are welcome to talk about Korra and/or gen1 Pokemon I guess. Pokemon's just what came to mind.
>>
>>50959333
Noted, thanks for the directions, i'll try and shown up at around 10-11 pacific time
>>
>>50955265
>unifying her Elemental Chi into a single kind
Why not just unify all elemental growth under Enlightened Chi?
>>
>>50956602
>cancelled most of the EU material from existence
Best thing Disney did for the franchise.

>subpar bullshit with really weak characters, instead, say, Mara Jade
>implying Mara Jade isn't sub-par bullshit
>>
>>50959048
>how much of even the dyke porn of her has her subbing to Asami.
Not all that much, actually. I think that's just what you're seeing most due to sampling bias. If, for example, you're mainly looking at the boorus, then you're gonna see lesbian porn drawn mostly by and for straight men.

On Pinterest, just for example, it's rarely the case.
>>
>>50956794
>Or anti-fans that think they're Satan incarnate.

What the fuck does this even mean besides trying to stroke your own dick by feeling like an enlightened fence-sitter?
>>
>>50959077
I think you might wanna check Project Voicebend
>>
>>50959694
Anon, that wasn't exactly a vague statement. It's meaning should be obvious, assuming you don't have brain problems.
>>
>>50959714
Thanks for the tip
>>
File: like it.png (31KB, 268x248px) Image search: [Google]
like it.png
31KB, 268x248px
>>50959670
>remove eu cancer
>so that you can change couple names and release it all over again
>>
>>50958476
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>50958385
What was that about Ad Hominem again, honey?
>>
>>50959969

Literally nobody thinks they're Satan incarnate, so you'll have to add some qualifiers there unless you think I'm supposed to divine what you're meaning after you vomit out some stupid meaningless exaggeration.
>>
>>50957337
Plinkett test.

http://www.pcgamer.com/sort-characters-from-cut-outs-with-the-plinkett-test/
>>
>>50960588
Hmmm, let's try this, put the protagonist of the last show you watched or game you played to this

I will start

He's Naive, yet at times more emptionally mature then those older then him, youthful and optomistic, but struggles to hold onto it at times, he's trying to live up to a pedestal his mother was put on and it makes him put his own needs as last priority at times, his empathy is his gresteat strength and weakness at once
>>
>>50959198
>http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=24041.0
>>
>>50957202
I've been here since motherfucking 2005.

Fuck off back to Swarmfront, or just fucking become a fucking hero, you fucking retarded cocksucking faggot.
>>
>>50960915

>I'M NOT A NEWFAG REEEEEE

lmfao
>>
File: 269755.jpg (136KB, 898x643px) Image search: [Google]
269755.jpg
136KB, 898x643px
>>50960941
>bawww someone noticed my newfaggotry

:^V
>>
>>50961023

>Misusing an hero
>Expects to be taken seriously as an oldfag
>His solution is to call everyone newfags until someone takes his e-persona seriously

LMFAO
>>
File: 1479748444167.gif (203KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479748444167.gif
203KB, 248x225px
>>50960915
/tg/ didnt exist in 2005, so please kill yourself.
I know this because I have been here since 2007. Nearly 10 fucking years you subhuman. Stay at reddit and complain about the patriarchy forever, you forever friendzoned whiteknight cuckvirgin.
>>
File: 410943.jpg (278KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
410943.jpg
278KB, 666x499px
>>50961463
You do realise that here can refer to both /tg/ and 4chan?
>>
File: 586165.jpg (47KB, 254x247px) Image search: [Google]
586165.jpg
47KB, 254x247px
>>50961463
/tg/ didn't exist in 2005, but the Warhammer threads on /b/ sure did.
>>
File: 1470068112367.png (29KB, 1124x630px) Image search: [Google]
1470068112367.png
29KB, 1124x630px
>>50955193
>learns from mistakes
She didn't learn a damn thing, and still do the same stupid shit even in S04. It literally starts with her going out without telling anyone, and leaving everyone worried.
>>
>>50960227
I already made my points. I'm waiting for you to actually respond.

"Ad hominem" is not capitalized. Just 'cause it's Latin doesn't make it a proper noun.
>>
>>50961748
You didn't have any points tho. Arguing with an SJWs is like playing chess with a pigeon. You shat all over the chessboard and now you are parading around like you made some great argument.
>>
>>50962709
My point was that when you say "everyone here is sexist, so you can't call out sexism!", that's dumb. I'm tempted to fall back on the "if 4chan jumped off a cliff, would you?" line.

Not only that, but your initial premise is flawed. Not everyone on 4chan is sexist. What you're doing is actually something a great many narcissists and sociopaths do: they assume everyone has the same worldview that they do, since they can't understand anything else. You think that because you are sexist, and because you can find other sexists, that makes it universal, immutable, and perfectly fine and dandy, but that's simply untrue. Things we think of as "universal" are the most deserving of scrutiny; that's how progress is made in any field.

Wanna know how I can tell your arguments are meaningless? I can change "SJWs" to "robots" and it's exactly as meaningful. If you can flip a "point" to apply to either side, it's not a "point" at all.
>>
>>50956429
>>
>>50956584
See the old Star Wars EU. Not everyone's as great as Kyle.
>>
File: well_done_2.gif (3MB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
well_done_2.gif
3MB, 174x200px
>>50962902
>Millunniom Falcon
>flys

Good job fella.
>>
>>50953625
I think she's bi. Are tomboys usually bi?
>>
>>50963015
>Are tomboys usually bi?
That really depends on how you define "tomboy".

Although, since only ~5% of people are bi anyhow (that's being generous), mathematically the answer is probably "no". A better question might be "are tomboys disproportionately likely to be bi?"
>>
File: tim_and_eric_poop_tube.gif (2MB, 319x343px) Image search: [Google]
tim_and_eric_poop_tube.gif
2MB, 319x343px
>>50963015
My ex girlfriend was bi and she was as girly as they come. Her current girlfriend is also girly as fucking shit. So yeah, if anecdotal evidence is evidence, consider this myth busted.

Unlike these nuts. Because I no longer have a girlfriend. You see.
>>
>>50963077
I've known a small handful of bi girls, but this is where the "what do you mean by tomboy" question becomes relevant. Since I think the stereotypical tomboy hates wearing dresses and looking/acting girly, but that seems silly to me, because dresses are very comfortable and I don't get why more people don't wear them. But they may act stereotypically "boyish" in other ways, like loving beer and having short hair or watching sports and being very competitive.
>>
File: party_hard.gif (749KB, 508x583px) Image search: [Google]
party_hard.gif
749KB, 508x583px
>>50963170
The only tomboyish thing about her was that she loved partying hard and party drugs. Oh boy, did she love party drugs. Grab a drink in a club until it's 11 o'clock, jump on the train to a big rave,rave the fuck out until 6 in the morning, go to an afterparty until noon at 5, chill out for a few minutes and fuck for two hours.

She also really liked hardcore BDSM shit, but in the dominant sub sense ("Yeah Anon, tie me up!") so that's not really tomboyish.
>>
>>50963239
>partying hard and party drugs
I dunno if that even counts. I'd have to imagine roughly half of the people at your standard nightclub would be women.
>>
File: psychedelic_girl.gif (3MB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
psychedelic_girl.gif
3MB, 299x168px
>>50963262
Depends on your definition of party drugs.

She was perfectly fine with the more exotic range of hallucinogenic party drugs - not just your stims and xtc, which isn't really that common.
>>
>>50963307
I'm not really familiar with club drugs or club culture, so I'll take your word for it.

Man, I haven't checked out Filmbilder in forever. I should see if they've posted new videos.
>>
File: 1482714670484.png (313KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1482714670484.png
313KB, 850x850px
>>50956429
Luke:
First movie
>Luke is a great pilot, there is a small explanation for this. Even then he needs Han Solo to save him on his piloting mission.
Second movie
>Luke begins learning the force.
>Nearly dies to learn force pull, had some prior training.
>Trains with the head master.
>Has to run away, nearly dying, in a fight with Vader
Third movie
>Luke now is pretty good with the force and lightsaber and raids Jabba's palace.
>He then gets his ass kicked in an actual light saber duel.
Rey:
First movie
>Is an expert pilots, this is never explained.
>Outflies two veteran fliers in a ship that is notoriously difficult to use.
>Is an expert mechanic who teaches Han Solo things about his own ship
>Is able to block her mind from a trained force user
>Is able to duel a trained duelist who has killed many other Jedi, with no training
>Is able to force pull, nearly dies learning this. Had no prior training.
>Is able to do jedi mind tricks with no training. Something that is difficult even for jedi who have been training for some time.
>>
>>50963338
Club culture is pretty similar to tabletop games.

>vast majority of players play D&D, MtG, Warhammer
>vast majority of users smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, smoke weed or snort cocaine

>small groups of people that play other game systems
>small groups of people that do other drugs
>>
>>50963393
Thank you.

How far does this analogy extend? Is there a club equivalent of rollplayers versus roleplayers?
>>
>>50955375

I've been posting here for I guess what, 5 years(?) and didn't even know that was an in-joke.

I guess I don't really go for "stat-me" threads much.
>>
>>50962879
My point was that calling someone sexist is Ad Hominem, something you explicitly whined about. Check and mate, White Knight.

No one here cares about sexism. Go back your Tumblr and whine about Manspreading or something.
>>
>>50963420
Oh but of course. But this extends to all outgoing culture, whether it's clubs, gigs, pubs, home parties, whatever.

There are always people that want to party as there are roleplayers, and people that want to get shitfaced as there are rollplayers.

I don't like people that do drugs to get fucked up, just like I don't like rollplayers.
>>
>>50963618
>My point was that calling someone sexist is Ad Hominem
??? ???

I don't think you know what ad hominem means.
>>
>>50963618
That was very clearly not your original point at all.

>>50958117
>>50957908

Further, the original post >>50957202 was not saying "I am not sexist/otherwise prejudiced", it was saying "people who accuse others (read: me) of prejudice are wrong, always". That's not even laid out as a premise, it's baked into the whole idea. I pointed that out.

Then, you posted >>50957908, narrowing "prejudice" down to just "sexism" by bringing in criticisms of white knights, who stereotypically focus on women's issues. Here, you said "nuh-uh", then told me to leave, because how dare I disagree with you.

I then pointed out that "white knight" has become a meaningless term because of how thoroughly it's been co-opted by out-and-out sexists trying to shut down opposition. The "if I offend someone, it's because THEY'RE being overly sensitive" approach.

Now, bear in mind, at no point did I say "you are sexist". I pointed out that white knight is a meaningless term because it's used by sexists. At that point (>>50958117) you took that to mean that I was calling you sexist. Much, much later, you pretended that you took that as the crux of my whole statement, and therefore it was an ad hominem attack, so that you could--after the fact--pretend you had the moral high ground the whole time, neener-neener-neener, and that you just never mentioned that part of what you were saying even though it was the central point you were making because neener-neener-neener.

Why are you trying to lie in a medium where our conversation is automatically recorded? It's like a magician's act with slow-motion replays of each trick.
>>
>>50963821
What's flying over your head anon is the fact that "sexists/misogynists" have also become meaningless terms because of how thoroughly it's been co-opted by out-and-out SJWs.

Nobody gives a shit about being called that anymore. Korra is downright unlikable from the start of the show and the fact that not once throughout it does she ever show something resemble self awareness or humility means she's a shit character and yet everybody hands everything to her and they go along with her in the end. That's what a Mary Sue is.
>>
>>50964204
Can you name any examples of things that have been called sexist which are not sexist?

Remember, "not sexist" is not the same as "convenient to me".
>>
>>50960915
Preach it comrade
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.