[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mouse Guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: snake.jpg (235KB, 1200x481px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
235KB, 1200x481px
Mouse Guard RPG thread! Post your custom content, your stories, your images, whatever. Links to the comics also welcome.
>>
File: weasel-war-promo-cover.jpg (114KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
weasel-war-promo-cover.jpg
114KB, 374x374px
weasel war when

also how to you make the other rodents work in your setting, dynamically speaking?
>>
File: rats.png (69KB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
rats.png
69KB, 359x359px
can i play as a rat?
>>
>>50953349
don't think so but you can actually make a custom sheet for them which are pretty much reminicent to mice
>>
>>50952268
>>50953349
>>50953700
I was thinking of replacing weasels with rats and their Nature with something more humanlike.
After all, rats are smarter and larger than mice. It might make sense that they see themselves as a benevolent superior race.
Mice live longer, apparently, though, which introduces a bit of possible interactions ot the situation - maybe they seek to capture mice to extend the lifespan of ratkind?
>>
>>50953349
This. I wanna be a grimy fucking rat. But like, still a good guy. A thuggish, grimy hero.
>>
I once ran a campaign where the mice were on a mission to bring a "weasel repellent" bomb to a town that had fallen in the Weasel War. The PCs didn't ask questions, just did their mission... And unleashed a rabies bomb into a slave settlement of weasels and mice.

Turns out the 'weasel repellent' was derived from the corpse of a wolf that a team of mice scientists had used. They didn't know it had died from disease...
>>
File: boi.png (108KB, 185x208px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
108KB, 185x208px
>>50953796
It'd be cool if you could play as a variety of small critters as player races. Maybe you could play as a chickadee or heghog
>>
>>50953349
>>50953700
>>50953784
>>50953953
Bats in the setting are sapient, so I don't see why rats or other small rodents and such wouldn't be...
>>
>>50953999
most other rodents are sapient yes but sadly, David Petersen included "no rats" along with "no cats and no humans" in his canon setting for some reason. Though it never stop one guy from plugging in a cat in the semi-canon Legends of the Guard book
>>
>>50954131
>Legends of the Guard
I was disappointed with those stories. A mixed bag of OK-to-awful, in terms of both story and art.
>>
>>50953999

Other mammals and birds are sentient, but inherently foreign to the Mouse Guard in mentality and motivations. It's also not clear if anyone besides mice and ferrets are "civilized" in the sense of using tools and cities.

While someone could theoretically add badgers and moles and toads and such as player characters, I wouldn't allow it in my game. The setting has a very specific kind of theme, and a traditional mixed-race Fellowship of the Ring party trope would violate it.
>>
>>50955533
You're reading stories that drunken mice are telling to try and get their presumably astronomical tabs paid off.

Of course they're meh.
>>
>>50955533
i liked them but yeah a lot were pretty meh. But i guess that's what made the best ones stand out more. The very first story in the first volume looked fantastic in terms of art, to be fair
>>
>>50954131
The no cats and rats thing is sorta an extension of the no humans clause. Domestic Cats along with Black, Grey, and Brown Rats are all Old World species that do not occur naturally in upper Michigan
>>
>>50957745
guess it does makes sense considering the place had American badgers instead of the European variants along with star-nosed moles
>>
For fun I've added other small animal species as NPCs or had patrols visit squirrel towns, but I probably wouldn't let players play a different animal, because it wouldn't really be Mouse Guard anymore.

Too bad there isn't some sort of Redwall setting, I can imagine people really digging that.
>>
Great setting.
Annoying as fuck character generation.
Even worse combat.

Read the book and run FATE in it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.