[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /tg/ Could you recommend me some novels (or any stories) from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: latest[2].jpg (125KB, 422x846px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
125KB, 422x846px
Hi /tg/
Could you recommend me some novels (or any stories) from W40K, but rather about exploring, and discovering long-forgotten mysteries, than just pure dakka-dakka.
>>
>>50947274
I liked Pawns of Chaos (set on a Chaos controlled planet with war as a mere backdrop), Eye of Terror (buddy road trip into the Eye of Terror) and Enforcer (trilogy of books with no war nor heretics, just Arbites police action and political play).

Other fun options are Eisenhorn trilogy (with possibly Ravenor to boot) and Farseer (two Eldar walk into a bar to hire a rogue trader to take them into the Eye of Terror).
>>
>>50949280
Thanks a lot.
>>
File: 1453512863658.jpg (121KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453512863658.jpg
121KB, 400x400px
>>50947274
I'd reccomend the Word-bearers trilogy.
You get a story about an arbite building structures on his free time.

3 techpriests investigating one of Cult Mechanicus more obscure enemies rarely if ever refered in any of the fluff.

Angry Cultist wants to become prophetic Cult Leader.

Angry World Eater gets disgraced, but eats some pride and some anger; everything went according to keikaku.

Story of a high-ranking astra militarum whom are accused of being chaos worshipper.
Heartfelt questions on what humanity is and how innocence proves nothing.
>>
>>50950099
Thank you Anon!
>>
>>50947274
Fire Caste.
>>
Death Watch Xeno Hunters

Ciaphas Cain series

Ultramarines omnibus
>>
>>50947274
Priests of Mars trilogy is just about that, an Adeptus Mechanicus Magos sells his entire Forgeworld and puts all his assets into an expedition aboard an Ark Mechanicus ship (Giant ship thats also a factory and a repository for information), hires a Rogue Trader, a Black Templar crusade of one squad and a regiment of Cadian Storm troopers to aid him in getting to an impossible to reach planet.

Great series, definitely recommend it.
>>
>>50947274
Priests of mars
Its part of a trilogy although i have not read the rest yet.

Its about an arc mechanicus (a fuckhuge ship from the dark age of technology) setting out to explore whats beyond the halo scar (not sure why they could not just go around though)

Highlights include

>A huge titan going haywire and firing its fuckhuge cannon through the ship
>a crazed abomination bordering on an abominable inteligence turning orks into servitors
>an epic fight between a space marine and a skitari training tech priest
>a dark age weapon crippling a craftworld
>3 other things i dont want to spoil even in a spoiler

The bulk of the book is dedicated to the ship itself and the comings and goings of the tech priests, cadian regiment and squad of black templers as well as an interesting look into a pack of titans and there princeps and the lives of those pressganged into running the engines (this part is a little bit boring at first but it comes together in the end)
>>
>>50947274
Soul Hunter by ADB, it's not super Dakka, and it's about a Night Lords Warband and their hopeless existence. Best 40k book in my opinion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.