[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it stay true to the tabletop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: mordheim 2016-12-30 01-54-21-64.jpg (220KB, 1920x1002px) Image search: [Google]
mordheim 2016-12-30 01-54-21-64.jpg
220KB, 1920x1002px
Does it stay true to the tabletop?
>>
>>50946449
Yes its the same.
Just like Bloodbowl and the actual bloodbowl
>>
>>50946449
Not nearly as customisable as I thought it would be
>>
>>50946794
After playing for a few hours, in which way do you mean? Does it not have all the same tables? Or appearance kind of customization?

I find it lacking in unit variety but that's made up in stat specialization
>>
Almost to its detriment. The game has a hell of a learning curve.
>>
>>50946813
I guess I can't fault the units, since they seem to be following tabletop, except for some weird changes (Crypt Horrors instead of Direwolves, no beastmen). But yes more along the lines of appearance.

I actually haven't played it, though I've seen a lot of gameplay and I don't get the feeling that a Warband will ever acquire any special uniqueness. The designs just look very vanilla and toned down.
>>
File: mordheim 2016-12-30 13-17-49-05.jpg (209KB, 1900x1002px) Image search: [Google]
mordheim 2016-12-30 13-17-49-05.jpg
209KB, 1900x1002px
>No /tg/ campaign

For shame
>>
I think it could do with making the units and gangs actually play a little different, faithful to the tabletop - more numerous Skaven, being able to raise Zombies, that kind of thing.
Also combat is much less immediately brutal, which is a good and bad thing.

But it's decently close in feel, as far as I've seen.
>>
For what it is, it certainly works. It scratches an itch to play a game I have lots of fun memories on the tabletop, and actually got my roommate and his fiancée interested in trying the tabletop.

Pros:
Excellent atmosphere. Ruined, creepy city. Even though there's only a few maps, they are pretty detailed, and are inspiring.
The story missions for the campaigns are a blast. Unique and fun missions.
Can't see your enemies always. I think this actually makes it more fun, and you have to play cautiously, because unlike the tabletop, you have no clue where that possessed is until he runs out some doorway.
Combat is brutal, but not insta-kill like tabletop. One bad roll doesn't cause the sudden death of three people, then a rout.

Cons: Not a ton of variety. Most everything runs of the basic "human" frame, it seems. Couldn't do dogs and some of the more conplex things.
The game tries to auto balance matches. It always brings the same number as you, and if you bring a "big guy", so does the AI. You never can really get a numerical advantage over the computer.
Buffs and casting is a little wonky. Sometimes you have to really read in between the lines to work out what certain things mean or do.
A severe lack of diving charges. My best memories of the tabletop is raining bodies on things below a building, usually with a casualty or two as I try to pile drive something.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.