[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games where I can play a Phoenix Wright style lawyer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Like the title says, I'm looking for games where I can defend people in a court of law almost entirely through bluffing whilst uncovering the real criminal.

Finger pointing isn't necessary, but greatly encouraged.
>>
I can't help you, but what do you imagine the mechanics to that kind of game would be?
>>
GURPS Mysteries has more to do with the detective's work rather than court proceedings, but since the evidence is discussed so much I'm sure it's helpful.

I wonder if you can import some stuff from GURPS Social Engineering for the social combat and the finger pointing.
>>
>>50946162
L5R in a court setting has some potential for lawyering. There is are courtier schools with dedicated social combat techniques and the setting has some unique quirks regarding law.

I can also see a legal campaign in shadowrun working out.

Talislanta has a law skill at least.

If your GM is on board I this can work out in most games to be honest.
>>
>>50946162

GUMSHOE system might be an appropriate fit, since it presumes you will find the clues you need as a core mechanic. That fits PW's "Everything is in a case for a reason," and since your skills determine how you receive the clues rather than whether or not you receive them at all, you could frame them as in-court slip-ups, sudden revelations from the opposing prosecution and so on.
>>
>>50946162
Ace Attorney Online.
>>
>>50948924
Thinking along similar lines, I've been juggling the idea of making a game based on danganronpa's class trials as a format.

With the ideas being that any of the players could end up being the culprit, and that while there's some unassailable evidence, they can make evidence up on the fly - it's just that no one could confirm or deny that evidence as real except for the judge / GM / Monokuma
>>
>>50948986
Tragedy Looper could help you with more ideas.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.