[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help for a MTG Un-Cube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Gleemax.jpg (34KB, 223x310px)
Gleemax.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
I'm currently in the process of designing a 360 card cube to occasionally bring to my LGS, I've always talked about my fond memories of the cards and the newer players have always wanted to find it out for themselves. Along with the original cards, I've also included a lot of the 'draft matters' cards from both Conspiracy sets for extra wackiness. However, some of the cards such as Gleemax, BFM, etc. are quite difficult to play but yet are iconic. BFM is obviously a no go, but how much 'silliness' should I exclude for actual synergy in order to play some of these cards? One thought came to mind that Goblin Welder is a decent include, but at what point does it stop being Un and start being a shittier Powered Cube? I just want to make the experience as varied as possible to give them all the best taste of Unhinged I can.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50943402
I suggest banning gotcha cards from the cube. Overall Maro considered the mechanic an un-fun mistake. Especially with Laughing Hyena. If you must have a Gotcha card, I recommend Stop That, the Gotcha card Maro regrets the least (I think by a decisive margin).

Some un cards mention teammates. So perhaps you could try to make it a 2HG cube somehow, or something.
>>
>>50943959
That's a valid point, a lot of the cards have some pretty harsh punishments. However I plan on keeping Stop That no matter what, because that is often how "Un" sets became a topic of discussion at our store anyway. There's one That Guy who flicks his cards obnoxiously every few seconds and this would be a great way to mess with people.

As for 2HG, that's a pretty good idea, some of the funniest limited games I've ever played have been 2HG, especially during BFZ where I bluffed the other team for 10 minutes by just whispering to my opponent after every turn.

I've currently added one copy of every Un-card to the list, and I'm systematically removing ones that don't work and also adding multiples of cards like S.N.O.T., any other things you'd recommend? I'm thinking Bronze Bombshell from Ravnica and Hornet Sting from M11 as some noteworthy includes outside the sets.
>>
If you decide to make a coin flip archetype, Krark's Thumb.
>>
>>50944717
and Chance Encounter
>>
File: very nice.jpg (174KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
very nice.jpg
174KB, 720x714px
>>50944717
>>50944734
>Krark's Thumb
>Chance Encounter

Why did I not think of this myself? Half of the cards in this format enable them and I didn't even realise, thanks bros.
>>
>>50944891
I don't think Krark's Thumb and Chance Encounter actually work with die rolling. So it's pretty narrow actually. I was thinking it might fit more with the feel of the cube than what is in the un-sets in appreciable numbers http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&format=+[%22Un-Sets%22]&text=+[coin]+[flip]

Also Chance Encounter only counts flips that you "win". No matter what you get with Ral's Ult, you won't add any counters to Chance Encounter even though you clearly want as many heads as possible.

Of course you could probably just house rule that stuff away.
>>
>>50945479
My bad, I figured there were more coin flip cards than they actually were (cards like Dumb Ass and Goblin Bookie came to mind). I've thrown in flippers like Goblin Psychopath and Goblin Kaboomist anyway, to provide some nice enablers that don't skew the game too hard. Also Boomkeg is a nice boardwipe that keeps within the theme of being a bit silly.

Any other outside set cards that you feel would be appropriate to the cube? Hornet's Nest has always been a pet card to my LGS and I just had to throw it in there as a knockback to the prerelease where it rek'd a Goblin Rabblemaster.
>>
Squirrel tribal?
>>
>>50945730
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[squirrel]

Sounds good, my current list of green cards appear to have a strong token identity. Shall I throw in something like Gaea's Anthem to support that?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.