[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 80

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Interesting Vista Edition

What interesting locations and places have you ever wanted to explore or create?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread >>50934600
>>
>>50939091
I've always wanted to make a roving lighthouse. No, I can't really explain it better than that, because it's this random thought that only comes to me when I'm tired.
>>
>>50939131

That sounds awesome. Does it lead ships to their doom when in heavy fog?
>>
>>50939143
Yup. Parks itself on jagged rocks. I think it doesn't even realize what it's doing, it just likes looking at cliffs.
>>
Second time DM here looking for some insight. Posted this a few threads back but didn't get many replies so I figured I'd try again.

For context, everyone in my group is as new to the game as I am (it was our first time playing). The first campaign I ran was Falcon's Last Hope, and while my players enjoyed it, they complained that there wasn't a lot of roleplaying going on and that there was a little too much combat, which I agree with. I think that was caused by a few different things, but mostly I think it just came down to the fact that it was a pre-built campaign and everyone was inexperienced.

So, for my next campaign I'm looking to put something together myself. I'd like to have /some/ combat, but I would like the main focus to be on story and roleplaying. Over time I'd like for it to evolve into a deeper story, but for the sake of the players (and myself) I'd like to start with something small and simple, yet still engaging. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I could go about that? What sort of campaigns did you have success with when you were still new to the game?

Another thing I'm struggling with, one of my players is a neutral evil Oracle and another is a lawful good Paladin. They're already starting to butt heads and it's already getting old. I want to let them play what they want but at the same time their characters really have no reason to be adventuring together. They argue over any decision where morality comes into play and at this point I feel like it's really just wasting everyone's time. Any ideas on how I can deal with this without just straight up telling one of them to make a new character?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
>>
>>50939158

The best thing i can offer is that while combat is an important part of the pathfinder system, WHY you combat should be just as important.

What are the stakes? How do we build up the stakes. Also Talking is a free action. Roleplay DURRING combat even.

Witty banter, curses, verbal arguments while battleing. Don't just let it be "You strike him with your sword"
>>
Would anyone be willing to a campaign where you switch between playing one of three characters every 1-2 sessions.

I have been conceptualizing a game. Essentially there are 3 interwoven story lines. Each group of characters are feeling the ripples of the same events. They were be on different parts of the continent and likely not aware of the other two groups of characters (though the stories might cross occasionally). Meaning you as the player are seeing a larger story from three different perspectives through your three PCs.

All start out at level three, except the mercenaries who begin at level 4, one group of characters would be mythic. You as a player would make 3 characters, one for each group of PCs.

The three would be:
>Mythic Mercenary Group
Members of the The Crow Men mercenary company, the party along with several others were present during the death of a mythic hero and absorbed a bit of power after his demise at the hands of another another mythic creature, which he slew as he died.
>Mage College Group
Members of a place of higher learning on the opposite side of the continent. The group would be students who accidentally stumbled upon proof of a "secret war", which is essentially mythic individuals (godlings) attempting to kill and devour each other to reach godhood.
>Street Gang Group
Another group in a city far away, drawn into gang wars with a new group that has muscled into everyone's territory.
>>
Bumping.
Not because I even play Pathfinder, but because I hate that dimwitted fuck who posts the anime stuff and shits up the board for no reason.
>>
>>50939216
Posting again with clarification that it isn't 3 groups of players. It's 1 group of players playing 3 characters.
>>
>>50939232
>>50939216

I always have issues with joining mid game. It's never turned out well for me. i'll pass. Good luck though!
>>
>>50939216
This sounds way, way too complicated.

Generally when you have that much of a campaign plotted out you're not allowing for enough input from your players. All three groups are seeing a larger story that you, presumably, wrote for them, rather than doing their own thing.

I'm generally fine with railroading and whatnot but it's a big warning sign with how much you seem to have preplanned.
>>
File: locus.jpg (305KB, 814x623px) Image search: [Google]
locus.jpg
305KB, 814x623px
>>50939227
Same.

The state of the general was part of the reason I quit playing.
>>
File: 1482997143644.jpg (323KB, 1280x1506px) Image search: [Google]
1482997143644.jpg
323KB, 1280x1506px
Grimspawn tiefling with pass for human gestalting dervish defender and aberrant aegis. Am I missing anything for pic related?
>>
>>50939246
No I don't mean joining midgame either. You are starting the campaign as a group, just as level 4 and 3.

>>50939252
The thing is they can do what they want in response to the world. The characters are predicated on they must fit into the situation for that group (such as you must be part of the mercenary band, you must be a member of the college in some manner, you must be part of a street gang). However you can respond to the changing situation however you like. The world keeps in turning and what you do effects the overall story from three perspectives.

Perhaps as the mercenaries the party convinces their captain to go off after another godling, taking them near the mage college, and kills him. The mages then hear of the battle between the Crow men and a godling.

All three groups are responding to a larger world.

Basically this is not a campaign where you should decide you want to go off and be fantasy rockstars, but sign up knowing that it is not a sandbox but overall the story will point towards wars between godlings. However how you get there and how you respond to things is entirely up to you. Not being able to say "I want to make this an all bard rockstar" game is not railroading.
>>
Posting a link to the dragon game. Because i like this thread more.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
>>
>>50939314
What I am trying to say is this campaign will be about something, and that's war between godlings, as it is what I want to run. However how you interact with it is entirely up to you after the initial scenario.
>>
>>50939331
>>50939314

I personally don't like the premise too much. Good luck though! I hope it goes well.
>>
File: POW bingo.png (57KB, 910x1107px) Image search: [Google]
POW bingo.png
57KB, 910x1107px
>and here...we....GO!
>>
>>50939354

Don't start shit, we were having a good thread.
>>
>>50939347
W-what if I added cute girls or something like that?
>>
>>50939366

No i still dont like it.
>>
>>50939216
For the record. I am Chinese names anon as well. I am trying out something else.

I think I am realizing my tastes are very different from /pfg/.
>>
>>50939375

It seems like you're trying too hard.

If i was running this, i'd have you start as normal, Then have your party INDUCTED into one of these groups, and then from there Discover the plot from your onset.
>>
>>50939397
I just want to run something I find interesting.

What you describe does not sound interesting.
>>
>>50939408

We'll have to agree to disagree then. However good luck! I hope you your idea goes well.
>>
>>50939312
Honestly you could probably just singleclass it without needing the gestalt, and just be an Aberrant Aegis with multiple arms for hitting things.
>>
File: Kingsglaive_05-26-16_001.jpg (193KB, 600x935px) Image search: [Google]
Kingsglaive_05-26-16_001.jpg
193KB, 600x935px
>tfw can't wait for the other Sphere Handbooks to get tested and published so we can get to the Teleporters Handbook
>tfw can't wait to see what new Armorist/Mageknight archetype we get so I can go full FFXV combat warper
I so want to be a Kingsglaive its not funny.

Nyx Ulric is mah nigga
>>
What do the Akashic classes actually DO? I can't wrap my head around them.
>>
>>50939425

YOu might try the Davvatti from Gonzo 2. They're basically a Soul Knife that teleports as a class feature.
>>
>>50939431
It depends on what Melds they take.
Personally though, I much preferred the theme and design of the original Incarnum classes over the Akashic ones
>>
>>50939418
Yep. Aberrant Aegii can take Initiator's Soul even.
>>
>>50939447
But what are they designed to do? What is their arching theme of ability? Like, Barbarians melee-kill things, Alchemists throw bombs and do weird magic shit, Occultists do magical item scanning, but what do Akashic classes do?
>>
File: 199524.jpg (605KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
199524.jpg
605KB, 612x792px
So, has anyone looked at and/or ran that Wizard's Academy adventure module that DDS released?

Is it any good?
>>
>>50939465
You've kinda hit upon the problem.
>>
>>50939431
Virtual Magic Equipment is the best way to think about it.

The primary function of veilweaving is that you get X amount of veils you can shape per day. You pick'em out from your list, whichever no problem.

Each of those veils gives little bonuses. Like this one gives +2 to knowledge skills, and this one lets you plant your shield down as a force wall.

You also get Essence. Which is basically energy. Every one of the 'veils' above increases in power from more. Like that +2 is probably 2+Essence for the bonus. Or maybe every essence point ups the damage of some weapon veil by another d4.

So, you pick your veils, and you put essence into them. You can shift essence around with actions so don't worry too much; max out that healing one after battle, keep the weapon maxed for battle, boost your skills in downtime, whatever.

Finally you have "binds". As you level up you basically unlock the various magic item locations like "head" and "shoulders" "wrists" and "toes", "wrists" and "toes", "wrists" and "toes"...

Now this doesn't prevent you from wearing gear on those slots, but rather, each of those locations as you unlock them you can form a veil in that spot and link it there, for added bonuses above and beyond those explained earlier.
>>
>>50939470
Haven't ever heard of it, what's the synopsis on the selling-page?
>>
>>50939470
>>50939487
>Windfell Academy is an enigmatic place. Alongside their traditional studies, students can gain personalized summoning advice from a reformed succubus, delve the library’s many tomes with the aid of the library troll, or simply pass the time visiting with the school’s goblin groundskeeper as he explains the finer points of goblin holidays. But the school is also in jeopardy; the headmaster is missing, students are disappearing, and if the PCs can’t uncover the culprit in time, no one will survive until graduation!

>In Wizard’s Academy, the PCs are tasked to join and explore an enigmatic academy of magic, delving the secret dungeons underneath the school while retaining their cover as innocent students. Alongside classic dungeon-crawling adventures, the PCs will also have the chance to attend classes, encounter school-related events such as a divination contest and a dueling club, all while searching for clues related to the missing headmaster and students.

>With 8 possible villains and an adaptable encounter system, Wizard’s Academy is an adventure module that can easily be adapted for any party of PCs be they level 1 or 20, and can also be adapted in length, taking either a few gaming sessions to complete or becoming a small campaign unto itself!

Looks interesting to me but I haven't read it before, I'd definitely be interested to hear from someone else who has.
>>
>>50939465
well, its been a while since I looked at them, and that was the playtest era, but from what I recall it went as follows
Viziers get access to the melds quickest and such, so they are basically accessory mages
Guru I was unsure of, as they came across as incredibly flavor locked Not!Monks.
And the other class, which I can't recall, are basically Warriors who channel totem spirits of a particular Emotion and Aspect of said emotion for benefits, not unlike a Chaos Space Marine
>>
>>50939502
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11988402
Remember to vote for Gerald so that witchhunt anon has no ammunition.
>>
>>50939487
>Windfell Academy is an enigmatic place. Alongside their traditional studies, students can gain personalized summoning advice from a reformed succubus, delve the library’s many tomes with the aid of the library troll, or simply pass the time visiting with the school’s goblin groundskeeper as he explains the finer points of goblin holidays. But the school is also in jeopardy; the headmaster is missing, students are disappearing, and if the PCs can’t uncover the culprit in time, no one will survive until graduation!

>In Wizard’s Academy, the PCs are tasked to join and explore an enigmatic academy of magic, delving the secret dungeons underneath the school while retaining their cover as innocent students. Alongside classic dungeon-crawling adventures, the PCs will also have the chance to attend classes, encounter school-related events such as a divination contest and a dueling club, all while searching for clues related to the missing headmaster and students.

>With 8 possible villains and an adaptable encounter system, Wizard’s Academy is an adventure module that can easily be adapted for any party of PCs be they level 1 or 20, and can also be adapted in length, taking either a few gaming sessions to complete or becoming a small campaign unto itself!

>Delve the school’s secrets and protect its students, but beware: Windfell Academy is a dangerous place, and death is not considered an acceptible excuse for missing detention.

>Wizard’s Academy is an adventure module designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Sphere of Power magic system.

>This volume also comes complete with Fantastical Creatures and How to Survive Them, a Spheres of Power bestiary with over 100 monsters, including both original creatures and classic fantasy monsters adapted to the Spheres of Power magic system.

Welcome to Hogwartz, muthafucka
>>
>>50939502
>can only vote for 1 person and not all the ones I like the most
Buuuuuullshit.
>>
>>50939312
Is this for RotJR? I think she'd be perfect, especially if she's shy and a little ashamed of her friends.
>>
What is the PF equivalent to Red Mage? Magus? I want a cool hat.
>>
>>50939558
Magus or Bard.
>>
>>50939558
Magus doesn't have enough healing access. Easiest way to be a Red Mage would be a Bard, Occultist, or Warpriest.
>>
Dragon DM here.

One last Q.A before i hit the hay.

Ask me any questions you have about the game, Setting, or about the rules.

Also feel free to suggestion or make requests about what you want to see in the game. I cant garuntee that it'll get in but i'll take anything under advisement.

I love you guys, and i wish you well.
>>
File: Ayo!.jpg (260KB, 738x410px) Image search: [Google]
Ayo!.jpg
260KB, 738x410px
>>50939526
>>50939487
>>50939513
>>50939470

Eh, screw. I'mma just buy it, then share it with you guys this weekend so we can all see if its shit or not
Anyone know how I can get access to a PDF Scrubber?
>>
File: swashbucklerFull.png (300KB, 527x734px) Image search: [Google]
swashbucklerFull.png
300KB, 527x734px
>>50939558
Yeah probably magus. They're the only real way so far as I'm aware to not suck at being a gish, but you're stuck doing shit like Celestial/Infernal Healing to have "White Magic".

That said if all you really want is a cool hate, Swashbuckle all the things. (and steal red mage art for it)
>>
>>50939598
>hate
Fuck. Hat.
>>
>>50938626

>Other thread BTFO,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwkk3Tup9SE
>>
>>50939558
Warpriest. Wreck shit with your divine might.
>>
Why is it so hard to find a political intrigue game that is well run, or if not run well at least run with a bare minimum of understanding of how intrigue should work. I can not count the number of times I played intrigue that devolved into dungeon crawling/killing assassins/comically evil advisors.

I just want to actually deal with a diverse group of nobles at court with their own ambitions/goals. Sure some might be evil, but god fucking damn I want actual intrigue.
>>
>>50939671
Because you're trying for political intrigue in Pathfinder, of all things.
>>
>>50939579
Dragons are found in a very wide variety of locales; from deep space to mountains to far beneath the ground. Will these dragons be traveling far more than the typical "it's a plain and then a forest then a plain" adventurers?
>>
File: Vampire Woman.jpg (114KB, 869x776px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Woman.jpg
114KB, 869x776px
What's the best race for a Crimson Countess Harbinger? Do you go full vampire/dhampir or pick up one of the other, lesser races?

Pic related.
>>
>>50939700
It's all I can fucking find that people are fucking willing to play. God damn if I had other options I would play them. Fuck people. I hate people. They refuse to learn even when I offer to teach.
>>
>>50939709
I'm considering Globe Trotting. I know that we'll be starting simulatnously in Eastern Taldor and Southern Thuvia.
>>
>>50939579
What is the actual genres of the adventure?
>>
>game concept
>it's summer court
>players are all representatives of a noble house
>give players a number of powerful families that they can choose to be beneath
>give them a map to carve up for their territory
>they have to design their nation and house in terms of history/exports/imports/culture/racial demographics/religion/etc.
>time for petty nobles at court being assholes to each other
Hope you brought your absolute pettiest attitudes, because you'll need them.
>>
>>50939158
If you're looking for something with more roleplaying, a good potential is to have a city-focused campaign, where excessive combat by the party will eventually come back to bite them in the ass, and they will have to focus more on diplo and interaction
potential kickers
>players are working for a big shipping business doing corporate espionage (and it has to be espionage, with less sabotage) that evolves into a larger scale of things
>a dangerous artefact has been discovered in/below city X, it causes [insert issue spanning the city] all over, players must compete with time, the issue caaused by the artefact and other groups to fix it
>political intrigue (boring)
>a character who is of interest to the party is in a criminal court case against his favour, the party must uncover evidence (or ~make it) to save their friend who does the thing for them in return

in regtards to your oracle and paladin
>paladin is clearly playing castigator style
heres the slightly less subtle option
>priest comes in from offscreen and gives the paladin a good verbal lashing to set the Lawful good example, not force it upon others
the slightly more subtle option
>determine characters goals, find method to unify them, whether its protect an important character who is the key to it, the Holy McGuffin, or have a cathartic Alignment changing experience
>or have a scenario where they need to work together to survive, just the two. because im out of ideas
>>
>>50939776
>"If he's wearing the same doublet as me I will literally have his cat killed."
>>
>>50939729
your attitude might have something to do with it as well.
>>
>>50939158
>Another thing I'm struggling with, one of my players is a neutral evil Oracle and another is a lawful good Paladin. They're already starting to butt heads and it's already getting old. I want to let them play what they want but at the same time their characters really have no reason to be adventuring together. They argue over any decision where morality comes into play and at this point I feel like it's really just wasting everyone's time. Any ideas on how I can deal with this without just straight up telling one of them to make a new character?
Are the other players getting tired of it, or does everyone else seem to be having a good time?

Admittedly, as a DM/GM you have story stuff you want them to experience because you spent time on it. Yet, the important part is that the players have fun.

If the two of them enjoy the debate in character, then try to write it into what you want to do. View their discourse as fortuitous padding to planned events, or have events around them interrupt this or force them to have it fighting/running. Tie the balance of these moralities into an ongoing plot to give them stakes in its resolution.

If the other players are also annoyed at it, then talk to them about it and see if they can tone it down.
>>
>>50939756

Conquest, Grudge Matches, High Adventure?
>>
>>50939792
>High Royalty Problems
>>
>>50939808
No.
>>
File: ifyouknowwhatIbean.jpg (16KB, 419x268px) Image search: [Google]
ifyouknowwhatIbean.jpg
16KB, 419x268px
>>50939579
what kind of timespan or level-span is the game intended to be?

also what happens if some of the dragons.... you know.
>>
>>50939818
Some of the dragons what, anon?

Have sex?

Then they have sex, what do you think'd happen?
>>
>>50939818

Well that depends, do you want to take over the world? Or just one hemisphere?
>>
>>50939354
This should have been posted Last thread.
Most of that shit would have been filled out.

Aside from that, not necessary here. No DSP debates are happening
yet
>>
>Gonzo 2 doesn't have anything to say about balancing encounters with mechs
HOW am I supposed to put these rules into effect? Gonna need so much extra bullshit to actually run a mecha campaign.
>>
>>50939855
Mechas generally fight Mechas, m8.
>>
>>50939852
i can start one

OD/ZS IS OP
>>
File: aaah.jpg (76KB, 436x325px) Image search: [Google]
aaah.jpg
76KB, 436x325px
>>50939826
I know, I know! Sex makes babies, anon!
>>
>>50939871
But I want them to fight kaiju/giant monsters, not other mecha.
>>
>>50939885
use mecha stats for kaiju
>>
>>50939832
What's the difference? I mean once you've carved out one of the hemispheres and mined it to the core, the other hemisphere's not really going to last too long either.
>>
>>50939882
How's OD/HG?
>>
>>50939883
Not necessarily.
>>
>>50939742

How is The Demesne both in Taldor and in Thuvia? Its physical location isn't it?
>>
>>50939885
They didn't really consider that when they explicitly decided against even having a gold value or the like. The results were a severe case of incompatibilities.

I'd suggest looking for ye-olde Dragonmech, if you absolutely must do this in pathfinder.

... Which you shouldn't. There is SO much better for mecha - even with full fantasy - out there.
>>
>>50939909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
>>
>>50939883
She doesn't look too happy about that fact.

>>50939897
Wow, PTMC much?
>>
>>50939902
probably fine
>>
>>50939909
It's a demiplane, if I recall.
>>
Honestly just use ToB if PoW bothers you. PoW should have been kept at that power level anyway.
>>
>>50939216
Might be alright, how many are you looking for, what days, and do you have an LFG up?
>>
>>50939912
>There is SO much better for mecha - even with full fantasy - out there.
Where? inb4 GURPS
>>
>>50939965
BESM
>>
>>50939945

I think i'm going with a sort of Half and Half type deal right now. LIke its a physical location, but you can access it from both thuvia and Taldor, Each entrance has every esoteric methods of entry.

Like in Thuvia, you have to be lost in order to find it. and not have any water on your person.

And i don't know about Taldor yet.
>>
>>50939972
>every

*Very

Jaysus i need to slow down when i tipe.
>>
>>50939965
look in here (first post has google doxx) and ask as well if you want.
>>15040182
There's far from only GURPS or d20 mecha out there... There's even shit for dunbine and escaflowne to be found... not always easily or in english but to be found!
>>
>>50939949
'course, that leaves any ranged characters utterly fucked, because ToB forgot they even existed.
>>
>>50939558
Depends on the type of red mage your looking for.
Most Red Magi fall in to the "jack of all trades" book, at which Bard is the choice with light armor and a fairly spread spell list. They don't really get to many "black mage" like spells in this case.
If we go Way back, ff1 red magi had both offensive spell, defensive spells, could heal the party if needed, and could ware light, medium, and so heavy armor.
This fits the Warpriest and Magus, with the Magus falling behind in the armor(for the early game) and healing, but the Warpriest fails to have the Really good offensive spells.

Pick your poison, what ever it is, it won't be Exactly what you want but will scratch that "red mag" itch based on the kind of Red Mage you want to be. I will say I haven't touched on any of the archetypes, so check those out too.
>>
>>50939883
That's fine. Powerless villagers don't really get much say in who's dragon offspring they birth and raise. I mean...the humans keep and breed cows right?
>>
That's odd, the post is still there, the thread is there, so why can't it be linked?

>>15040182
>>
>>50939579
Are you expecting more proper dragons, or more half or dragon-descended?

I'm thinking of applying with a healer/debuffer type.
>>
File: 1478244037681.png (690KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1478244037681.png
690KB, 700x990px
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4399356/character-applications

Which Molthuni knight makes the perfect husband for the big titty kitsune foxwife matriarch?
>>
>>50939982
Quiet slow board so just put the question up and uh, sometime tomorrow surely.
>>
>>50940009

I'm thinking a hearty mix of the two would be most preferable. Its a very tangled family tree and i wanna se all of it.
>>
>>50939558
As >>50939992 said, bard fits well.

You want at least a 6th level caster. The main choices you need to make are arcane vs divine, and how much face-wrecking power you want to have.

The bard is arcane, with minimal face-wrecking power. Utility spells, early access to certain spells...And glibness for bluffing the king that no, you are in fact the actual king.

As >>50939623 said, the warpriest is divine, and much more of a face-wrecker. His spell list is somewhat gimpy for support, being just a cleric but weaker, but he can self buff better than any other class, making him a powerhouse of murder and destruction.

What do you want to play? describe the character's personality to us.
>>
>>50940009

Right now there's at least two tiny and I think a human

Perhaps a big safehaven?
>>
>>50940018
Kurat, but his current wife needs to die.
>>
>planning on my Green Dragon Exemplar + Wizard to have Lizardfolk be his humanoid form.

I think 7 foot tall lizard man is appropriate.
>>
>>50940073
Why Kurat?
>>
>>50940100
International man of mystery. Also because Kurat and her have probably ALREADY fucked!
>>
File: 1468438338871.jpg (30KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
1468438338871.jpg
30KB, 420x280px
>>50940114
>Kurat and her have probably ALREADY fucked!
That's called being unfaithful to her old husbands when she was still married to them.
>>
>>50940100
There's something charming to be said for the hobgoblin equivalent of James Bond and an actual lifelike spy (who, while not as high-profile as Bond, is just as impressive in their lives and arguably has an even more dangerous job). Plus it shows a different side of DHB; autistic as usual, but more subdued and channeled for an interesting character.
>>
>>50939558
Cleric would actually be the best at it. Domains allow a somewhat customized spell list and enable you to take blasting stuff.

Alternatively, anything that uses the Druid spell list or is a Druid archetype that gives up animal companion (are there any?) would actually fit *incredibly* well. Druid spell list will have elemental blasting and healing together for EVERY spell level, with maybe fewer defensive buffs than a Cleric. You would also be wearing stuff like leather instead of metal armor, which is a good excuse to match yourself to the style and appearance of a Red Mage.

Druids are rather limiting to fluff as far as I know, unfortunately. Again, crawl through its archetypes to see if that's ditchable.
>>
>>50940099
>yfw you may be the only one without a humanoid form for now
>>
>>50940138
DHB for the most part has a harmless and wholesome kind of autism.

> an actual lifelike spy
It was surprisingly devoid of movie spy shit except for the "bones every woman he sees". Though for Kurat it seems more like "impregnates every woman he sees". Of the women he has been with in his backstory there is only one he hasn't had a kid with.

>>50940132
There is no time in the last 40 years she wasn't married? Kurat seems to have no problem with extra marital affairs. He's be boning his slave for decades, even while married!
>>
>>50940150
Baseline Druid can give up Animal Companion for a single nature related cleric domain.
>>
>>50940159
Humanoid forms are convenient. They become essential at higher levels in order to fit into buildings.
>>
>>50940150
Druids can innately ditch animal companions by taking a domain instead, and Nature Fang works out really well for a more martial character.

>drop some nature-focused bullshit
>drop wildshape
>pick up studied target and some sneak attack progression
>>
File: 1482951056289.gif (614KB, 856x850px) Image search: [Google]
1482951056289.gif
614KB, 856x850px
>>50940023
>>50940053
Wait.

I can be the big bruiser for once!?

DONE. MAKING IT NOW.
>>
>>50940162
>DHB for the most part has a harmless and wholesome kind of autism.
As opposed to 2hu?
>>
File: 1460587109685.jpg (3MB, 2000x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1460587109685.jpg
3MB, 2000x1755px
>>50940173
to be fair, fitting into BACKPACKS will never be a problem for this guy...
>>
File: a4c8c40b65b0a4e8b86b72f7667d5294.jpg (566KB, 1407x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a4c8c40b65b0a4e8b86b72f7667d5294.jpg
566KB, 1407x1000px
>>50940138
>>50940162
Big titty kitsune foxwife matriarch would never have sex out of wedlock and would never marry someone already a few decades from going venerable.
>>
>>50940176

Nature Fang = Alligator Domain + VMC rogue
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-cdrHiGd0&feature=youtu.be

Is this what characters in the dragon game are supposed to be like?
>>
>>50940215
There's an Alligator Domain?
>>
>>50940215
Except having twice the feat progression
>>
>>50940215
Look, I'm not arguing that giving up Wildshape isn't a downgrade 99% of the time. Wildshape is ridiculous. It's just not in theme, so you may as well get something for it.
>>
>>50940210
>and would never marry someone already a few decades from going venerable.
Why not? Kurat apparently has another 30 years left in him. He had his last kid two years ago. THE SEED IS STRONG.

>Big titty kitsune foxwife matriarch would never have sex out of wedlock
Never have kids out of wedlock perhaps.
>>
>>50939579

What is the common mode of dress for people of The Demesne?
>>
>>50940221

Sorry, crocodile domain
>>
>>50940150
Go Urban Druid and take Weather domain (you have only a short list available to you but those elemental effects are in line with FF magic anyway). It drops lots of the treehugging fluff, gives something besides summons as the spontaneous casting, and is generally going to be more people-savvy and stylish than a forest loser.
>>
>>50940241
>Kurat apparently has another 30 years left in him.
As venerable.
>>
File: bcf746c5c170c079264ed898a40c8349.jpg (671KB, 1634x1677px) Image search: [Google]
bcf746c5c170c079264ed898a40c8349.jpg
671KB, 1634x1677px
>>50940241
>Kurat apparently has another 30 years left in him
That's even worse! 30 years is too short for a marriage, especially if he'll be wrinkly and very old all the while.

>Never have kids out of wedlock perhaps.
Nope, no sex out of wedlock.
>>
>>50940272
You can extend life indefinitely in pathfinder for relatively cheap as long as you can find a level 7 druid.
>>
Is it possible to play a keen youkai kitsune stalker (vigilante) without being weeaboo?
>>
>>50940297
>reincarnate as female elf
Time to suicide and reincarnate again.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>50940297
>>50940296
Well let's see what he comes out as when he reincarnated.
>>
>>50940309
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/reincarnate
>Bugbear
He even got another goblinoid.

Also into the +4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con.

So he jumps up 7 Str, 5 Dex, 5 Con.
>>
>>50940324
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1051321
>goes up to
>14 Str
>18 dex
>16 con
>18 int
>14 wis
>10 cha
Not bad.
>>
File: Maidens_set.jpg (37KB, 334x593px) Image search: [Google]
Maidens_set.jpg
37KB, 334x593px
>>50940251

Light and Airy clothes. Waist cloths, Camisoles, Togas, Loin cloths and bikinis.

Very greek.
>>
File: 1467286601212.png (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467286601212.png
114KB, 400x400px
>>50940324
>>50940340
>>50940346
No kitsune would marry a bugbear.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (151KB, 620x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
151KB, 620x1079px
>>50940357
But look at him!
>>
>>50940346

took me awhile to wonder why dark souls looks like this, then even longer for me to remember it's from dragon's dogma
>>
File: 3YBkmOB.png (461KB, 600x773px) Image search: [Google]
3YBkmOB.png
461KB, 600x773px
>>50940346
>>50940381

please tell me this is what their warriors look like.
>>
File: 1478229726315.jpg (291KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478229726315.jpg
291KB, 1280x720px
If psionics is supposed to be about internal power, then why does it shit all over that concept with metacreativity (ALL metacreativity powers draw ectoplasm from the Astral Plane), psionic items, and the nebulous concept of "psionic energy" all over Ultimate Psionics?

How is it any different from magic by that point?
>>
>>50940600

its all complete bullshit to be quite honest chipai
>>
>>50940600
It's also about influencing reality with you own energy and thought. So you draw matter and energy from the Astral Plane and shape it into actual matter WITH YOUR MIND. If you are good enough you can basically create things ex nihilo. How does that contradict anything?
>>
File: Alarak.jpg (92KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Alarak.jpg
92KB, 759x1024px
>>50939724
Protoss is pretty good. Dip some soulknife in there too.
>>
Rolled 1, 2 + 2 = 5 (2d6 + 2)

rolling for incoming aasimar
>>
>>50940600
Generation of ectoplasm is one of the premier psychic abilities - it's the surest sign of psychic manifestation there is, all the way back in the 1800's.

Moron.
>>
>>50940928
Ouch, might as well have been snake eyes
>>
First two completed Dragon Applicants are Scaled Fists.
>>
So someone is hyped for the hobgoblin centric upcoming AP?
>>
>>50940988
No, that actually works pretty well for the character. She's meant to be very athletic
>>
>>50939579
>have always, always wanted to be play as a Dragon
>GM even helped me build a race once but nothing ever came of it, the game died rather quickly
>current game has no place for dragons unless I pull some extensive backstory shit
>this game shows up
>think of concepts I'd like to play
>slowly realize I have zero system mastery, never used PoW or SoP even
>among my group, my characters are always the least memorable or endearing
>too shy to jump in with another group, let alone a /pfg/ one

Maybe one day.
>>
>>50940989
Strange minds think alike, I guess.
>>
>>50940997

Don't let you dreams be dreams anon!
>>
File: LoneDruid_full.jpg (542KB, 2560x1036px) Image search: [Google]
LoneDruid_full.jpg
542KB, 2560x1036px
How do I make him lads
>>
>>50940600
Ectoplasm and Psychic phenomena are older than D&D, considerably so.

The astral plane (aka SEA OF SOULS) just happens to be the residence of ectoplasm. A psionic is scooping it up, drawing it into the world and projecting his will into it. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Astral_Plane

It is essentially equivalent to taking a quivering mass of jello and giving it purpose through thought alone.

>How is it any different from magic by that point?

Differently flavored jello. You're not copying a creature or tapping into the weave of magic, you're more truthfully tapping into the stuff of gods. Psionics overlaps with magic in many ways, it's there to give more options and in some cases be easier to balance.
>>
File: 1471762109644.jpg (534KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471762109644.jpg
534KB, 600x800px
>>50940761
>>50940947
Metacreativity is all about pulling mystical energy/matter-stuff from an external source and shaping it.

Magic is all about pulling mystical energy/matter-stuff from an external source and shaping it.

Hmmm...

Never mind that there's basically no difference between magic items and psionic items.
>>
>>50940992
Ah, thought it was a dude.
It's funny, a woman can have big or small breasts and be fine. But if you roll a dude with a tiny dong, it's usually funny.
>>
File: 1470867669538.jpg (312KB, 1158x1637px) Image search: [Google]
1470867669538.jpg
312KB, 1158x1637px
>>50941007
>You're not copying a creature or tapping into the weave of magic, you're more truthfully tapping into the stuff of gods.
So how is metacreativity different from
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/minor-creation
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/major-creation
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/wall-of-force
?
>>
>>50941005
He's literally a Druid. Come on, dude.
>>
>>50941019
I was thinking Synthesist might be better since he can become a beer
>>
>>50941008
>Magic is all about pulling mystical energy/matter-stuff from an external source and shaping it.
What source?

Metacreativity actually lists sources, you know. The Atral Plane, the Etheral plane, the elemental planes.

The number of spells that actually list the source of their energy and material is....well....almost none. It literally gets pulled out of nowhere 99% of the time. If you can cite where it states the energy and matter comes from for magic - discounting the Shadow Conjuration/Evocation spells, which are illusion and not actually conjuration or evocation - I'll be interested in references.
>>
>>50941033
...You know Druids can turn into bears, right?
>>
>>50941038

>arcane spellcasting is about force of will
>psionics is about cheating and getting power from somewhere else
>>
>>50941005
Transformation and Hybrid Transformation. Done.

Or. Y'know.

Just a druid.
>>
>>50941045
Druids cant become alcoholic beverages.
>>
>>50941017
None of those three spells actually cites a source of energy or material at all. You're not making them out of anything but your will and pure magic.

In all three cases of the psionic versions, it states where you get the material for the items from - the Astral Planes ectoplasm. That's not "no difference." That's a huge difference. No access to the astral=no psionic creation ability. Magic will work just fine.

So really, you're just an idiot.
>>
File: 1461680277982.jpg (332KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1461680277982.jpg
332KB, 600x849px
>>50941038
Doesn't this mean that magic CAN just pull from the power of the mind anyway, making it no different from psionics?
>>
File: 1473054789475.jpg (94KB, 771x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473054789475.jpg
94KB, 771x720px
>>50941059
So...

Magic is all about pure force of will, and psionics is about pulling matter and energy from external sources?
>>
>>50941062
No.

Those words and gestures actually MEAN something, you know. If they didn't man anything there wouldn't be ways to shortcut the words and gestures like Quicken Spell or Silent Spell or Still Spell. It's not just a matter of willpower - the magic comes from the words and gestures being used properly.

A psychic can just concentrate and yank stuff from somewhere else.
>>
>>50941076
A silent and still spell can be cast while paralyzed.

Is there any difference between a silent and still spell and a psionic power?

What about a spell-like ability vs. a psionic power?
>>
>>50941067
Magic is about magic. The words and gestures mean things, and magic can make something out of nothing.

Psychic is about using mental power to get stuff from somewhere else.

I'm done with your stupidity now.
>>
>>50941017
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Conjuration

The first two are conjuration (creation)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Evocation

The third is evocation.

All of those tap into the weave of magic, or they summon it from other planes. You're using an *external* force that you tap into to create via laws. Psionic's uses an internal force (your willpower) even if it draws the goop it's creating with from the astral plane (mostly because D&D likes to avoid the creating things from nothing stuff - it always comes from somewhere because planar metaphysics), the reason that it exists is because you willed it to be so.

A psion see's where a hippopotamus is not and said "No, this will not do", and then they make the hippopotamus.

A wizard says "I want a hippopotamus there" and then summons a hippopotamus (or taps enough of the weave to create one).

The end result is the same, the method is different.

>So how is metacreativity different from

In end result, most of the time it isn't. In fluff and rules, it varies.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers#TOC-Metacreativity
>>
>>50941094
Where in Pathfinder is it ever said there is a "weave of magic"?
>>
>>50941017
Psionics is always an internal source of power. Magic is always leylines or given by gods or someshit.
>>
>>50941087

>Is there any difference between a silent and still spell and a psionic power?
Let me think. You need to use mental training and secret learning to not use the magic words and gestures that allow you to make something from nothing. But that doesn't man they aren't required, it just means you don't need them for this spell, which you STILL CAST in your head. No such abilities are rquired for pionic power, which still cannot create someting from nothing - it needs a base material (ectoplasm) to create from.

>What about a spell-like ability vs. a psionic power?
Gee, I wonder. One is magic, and the other is mental power. Guess which one can crate something from nothing? Hint: its not the psionic power.
>>
>>50941107
>which you STILL CAST in your head
Then that's psionics.
>>
File: 1479690358591.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479690358591.gif
1MB, 446x270px
>>50941092
>This is how this badly-defined fictional force works, and this is how THIS one works
>If you don't recognize this as fact you're an idiot.
>>
>>50941095
Presumably in one of the fluff blurbs of the core books, or the various gods / setting guides. I don't fucking know, pathfinder is heavily homebrewed/rewritten 3.5 and follows most of the conventions.
>>
>>50941116
The weave is specifically a FR thing, not even a general D&D thing.
>>
>>50941129
Even in generic 3.5 magic while never given a "source" is always defined as being an external thing.
>>
>>50941116
No Pathfinder source, no game.
>>
>>50941112
Do psionics still require you to memorize a formula of magical words and gestures? No? then it isn't psionics. It's still a spell being cast even if silently and without gestures.

At this point you are saying "nu uh!" and not actually making any argument.

If you can show me a place where it says "silent and still spells are actually psychic abilities" I will concede the point.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>50941067
Magic is about speaking funny words and making funny gestures to make [magic] work the way you want it to.

Psionics is about thinking or feeling so hard something happens because you want it to and you can make it so.

Contractors from Darker than Black would almost sort of technically be mages - they have to follow specific rules for their powers to work, and they have to remember those rules. Carrie would be a psion/wilder, she just feels shit really hard.
>>
>>50941148
>Do psionics still require you to memorize a formula of magical words and gestures?

Bards, sorcerers, oracles, etc. don't need to do that.

Neither does anyone with a spell-like ability.
>>
>>50941152
>Magic is about speaking funny words and making funny gestures to make [magic] work the way you want it to.
Except for anything without V/S components, or spell-like abilities.
>>
I am about to GM Rise of the Runelords but I am going to modify it:
-Apply Horrorl Adventures rules for The Skinsaw Murders and The Hook Mountain Massacre.
-Introduce some goblins from Monster Codex for make Burning Offerings more brutal cunning or cunningly brutal
-Introduce gearmen and other robots as well as High tech from the Technology guide.
>>
File: 1446794917355.png (72KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1446794917355.png
72KB, 353x439px
This is a fucking moronic argument since you're trying to argue about nonspecific, poorly defined fictional systems.

It's making you both look like contentious assholes.
>>
>>50940405

I'm more thinking Polynesian Samurai. But that works too
>>
File: DiscussionFlowchart.jpg (279KB, 622x866px) Image search: [Google]
DiscussionFlowchart.jpg
279KB, 622x866px
>>50941142
Friend, if you're going to demand sources for even the most basic common sense stuff you're probably not discussing in good faith.

There are some things that you kind of just have to accept if you want to discuss. In 3.PF one of them is that magic comes from an external source (even if it's a nebulous one like having special blood, because having an ancestor from a different plane, or exposure to a magical leyline still alters you from the norm).
>>
>>50940405
That game was fun as shit, incidentally.

Like God of War, but actually sticking to the greek theme. and more... proper fighty.
>>
>>50941177
I don't think either of you have exchanged any evidence.

Except 'psionics pulls ectocooler from the astral', that's the only proven point I've seen.
>>
>>50941177
>even the most basic common sense stuff
You're the one claiming there's a "weave" when that's in no Pathfinder fluff.

>one of them is that magic comes from an external source
Great, so about those psionic metacreativity powers that draw from the Astral Plane, or those psionic "not magic" items manifest psionic powers...
>>
>>50941161
Different means of tapping into things. But it's still magic coming from an external source.
>>
>>50941205
>magic coming from an external source
Just like metacreativity psionics.
>>
>>50941205
Aw, but about /tg/ law of mammarian might?
The more busty and matronly hips a female spellcaster is the more powerful she is.
>>
>>50941177
>Friend, if you're going to demand sources for even the most basic common sense stuff you're probably not discussing in good faith.

As has already been said, "weave" is not Pathfinder. It's Forgotten Realms exclusive fluff that has nothing to do with Pathfinder unless you're running a game set in Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>50941200
>You're the one claiming there's a "weave" when that's in no Pathfinder fluff.

And the only reason it's not in any fluff is because dev's dont want to write themselves into a corner. It is still an extremely common element of kitchen sink fantasy and D&D. Being as pathfinder is adapted from D&D it can still be assumed to be true. Rhetoric motherfucker.

>Great, so about those psionic metacreativity powers that draw from the Astral Plane, or those psionic "not magic" items manifest psionic powers...

In the case of metacreativity, the source of the power is still internal (power points) you're willing material into existence. In the case of psionic items it is energy loaned to the item.

>>50941220
>>50941230
Why do I get the feeling you're samefagging massively.
>>
>>50941220
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed

Nope. First paragraph! Internal power.
>>
>>50939579

What's this queen like?
>>
>>50941237
>It is still an extremely common element of kitchen sink fantasy and D&D
Name one setting outside Forgotten Realms where this is the case.
>>
File: 1466400991649.jpg (102KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1466400991649.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
>>50941248
Except for metacreativity.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers

>A metacreativity power draws raw ectoplasm from the Astral Plane to create an object or creature in the place the psionic character designates (subject to the limits noted above). Objects created in this fashion are as solid and durable as normal objects, despite their originally diaphanous substance.

Check yourself before you shrek yourself.
>>
File: 1272466147841.jpg (1MB, 2365x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1272466147841.jpg
1MB, 2365x2850px
>>50939091
I wanted to run a PF game that would eventually take the PCs to the outer planes, back when the Great Wheel was still being used.

If I had stayed in NY another year, it could have happened.
>>
>>50941255

She's a fat lazy asshole that barely recognizes that a city has been built around her.
>>
>>50941259
I don't think you're understanding the sentence you're linking. The ectoplasm isn't the source of power, otherwise they could draw an infinite amount of it and use it to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>50941257
You really want a list of settings with 'ambient magical energy'. There's probably a bajillion manga, fantasy novels, and videogames where this is the case.

You want one example? I'll give you two. Final fantasy and Nasuverse.
>>
File: 1370401305692.png (19KB, 462x320px) Image search: [Google]
1370401305692.png
19KB, 462x320px
>>50941260
>Planescape
Get your puerile setting out of here. Golarion's multiverse is actually better than Planescape's as of Planes of Power and First World.

Go talk Planescape with 2hu over here >>50939985
>>
>>50941270
As opposed to magic, which does...?
>>
>>50941278
"Ambient magical energy" and "the weave" are two completely separate concepts, retard. They're not even CLOSE to being the same thing.
>>
>>50941291
Oh, so we're down to nitpicking over specific terms? Ambient magical energy, the weave, "leylines" etc. Call it what you will it's still a common element.
>>
>>50941298
Oh, so you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>50941291
"the weave" and "the shadow weave" are the "warp and weft" of the pattern of magic in forgotten realms. It is functionally the exact same thing as any of the various terms mentioned by >>50941298 you just want to be a cunt about it.

Have fun being retarded.
>>
>>50941159
That's because they know he magic words and gestures instinctively/are told how to do them by their gods.

Otherwise they couldn't learn magic spells from scrolls and other people's magic books.

Thy are not instinctively able to cast spells without using verbal, somatic or material components - unless they are a psychic caster in which case they do not use magical words, gestures or components to cast spells at all.

And magic STILL can create something out of nothing, which psionics cannot do - even the energy powers of psionics all create unstable ectoplasm in the descriptions. No such statement exists for fireballs and lightning bolts.
>>
>>50941315
>Otherwise they couldn't learn magic spells from scrolls and other people's magic books.
That's not how bards, sorcerers, oracles, etc. work.
>>
File: tumblr_of7wjvxhsJ1tbqjljo3_1280.png (166KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of7wjvxhsJ1tbqjljo3_1280.png
166KB, 1000x1000px
>This argument is still going.
>>
>>50941347
Most people have stopped taking the bait.
>>
Even gods are using a source of power something else than themselves.
I mean consider Nethys.
>>
>>50941371
No.

Please source everything, define every word in your argument and teach me the english language too. Anything less than that and I'll just shitpost and be retarded about it.
>>
>>50941333
Actually, yes it is.

>Through cleverness, talent, and magic, these cunning few unravel the wiles of the world, becoming adept in the arts of persuasion, manipulation, and inspiration
>A bard casts arcane spells drawn from the bard spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. Every bard spell has a verbal component (singing, reciting, or music).

Sorcerer:
>Scions of innately magical bloodlines, the chosen of deities, the spawn of monsters, pawns of fate and destiny, or simply flukes of fickle magic, sorcerers look within themselves for arcane prowess and draw forth might few mortals can imagine. Emboldened by lives ever threatening to be consumed by their innate powers, these magic-touched souls endlessly indulge in and refine their mysterious abilities, gradually learning how to harness their birthright and coax forth ever greater arcane feats.
>A sorcerer casts arcane spells drawn primarily from the sorcerer/wizard spell list. She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time.
>These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of through study.

Oracle
> These divine vessels are granted power without their choice, selected by providence to wield powers that even they do not fully understand.
>An oracle casts divine spells drawn from the cleric spell lists. She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time.

Every single one can cast "Read Magic" which is a spell designed to allow you to read magical scrolls and tomes. None of them gain Still Spell and Silent Spells as feats freely.

In fact, the only ones who can use only their mind to cast spells without using specific training to negate the use of magical words and gestures are - surprise, surprise - PSYCHIC SPELL CASTERS.

QED.
>>
>>50941165
>Robots in Rise of the Runelords.
WHY?!
>>
>>50941487
Adding to that, where? Where the fuck would they--could they--fit in?
>>
>>50941487
Why not?
>>
>>50939091
Excuse me, why does the general have a generic fantasy picture rather than a cute anime kitsune?
>>
>>50941505
The idea came from James Sutter explaining that during the early days of Inner Sea setting development he came with the idea of introducing the ruins of an eoxian built orbital elevator in Varisia.
James Jacobs got übbertriggered so hard his body fat turned into hyperdimensional butter, canning the idea.
So I am going to play the AP as if that idea wasn't never discarded.
>>
>>50941507
because a lot of people generally don't like their immersion being broken by fucking modern day/cyberpunk era shit in a genre benchmark fantasy TTRPG
its the equivalent of having unironic romans run through the streets in chariots in a cyberpunk 2020 campaign. its nonsensical and absurd
>>
>>50941532
You must be the ultrafaggot that never played GURPS because "I am bad at maths".
Listen, you may be someone spoon feed by the contemporary media and not have the will to get into sword & sorcery like the vets but sci-fi popping into fantasy goes back to the motherfucking 10s of the now defunct XXth century with William Hope Hodgson's The Night Land and the tendency was still around with Jack Vsnce's Dying Earth cycle.
For FUCK SAKE THE DISPLACER BEAST WAS RIPPED FROM A SCI-FI NOVELLA!
>>
>>50941586
>>50941532
It has all the do with presentation
Numeneria is a good example of having good and bad ideas how to mix the two together if you look at its presentation
>>
>>50941355
>talking about psionics vs. magic is bait
>>
File: 00d7ae8c9e5d54b6bdf867674f33345a.jpg (328KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
00d7ae8c9e5d54b6bdf867674f33345a.jpg
328KB, 900x1350px
>>50941410
But none of them can learn magic spells from scrolls and from other people's magic books. Which is what >>50941333 was saying.
>>
File: d518b209c383f25f9c1eecbb73f4475b.jpg (163KB, 800x1109px) Image search: [Google]
d518b209c383f25f9c1eecbb73f4475b.jpg
163KB, 800x1109px
>>50941517
4e stole kitsune: >>50940349
>>
>>50941649
Good, now the curse has shifted to them and we can have decent OP pics again.
>>
>>50941586
I mean I was gonna follow up by suggesting that if the GM wanted to get into Robots and fantasy just pick gurps because DAT SHIT FUKIN WILD LMOA
>>
File: 1474318892987.jpg (345KB, 784x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474318892987.jpg
345KB, 784x800px
>>50941649
>>50941657
4e has fox hengeyokai, which are different from kitsune.
>>
>>50941646
It explicitly says they can use scrolls and that sorcerers can in fact learn spells from other people's books.

Psionics can do neither because they don't understand magic and can't cast spells.
>>
There is a recurring theme in pathfinder that powers belong to someone not you and you are merely borrowing them by a medium.

Psionics are not part of this theme.
>>
>>50941657
and hopefully keep the decent discussion up for once instead of jerking off over cartoon portrayals of arguabaly prepubescent boys juxtaposed into a hybrid of man and animal
>>
>>50940324
I want to hugbear a bugbear
>>
File: received_858278240925323.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
received_858278240925323.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>50939261
You quit playing pf because of the quality of the general thread about it on an imageboard?
>>
>>50941646
You also missed the part where >>50941333 said they they have an instinctive or divine understanding of magic rather than 'mental power to cast spells' here: >>50941315

None of them have the mental power to create things out of ectoplasm. They all have to bypass their magical abilities to not use magic words and magic gestures. A still and silent spell is still a spell, it's not psionic manifesting at all.
>>
>>50941670
>that sorcerers can in fact learn spells from other people's books.
There is no hint of that in CRB
Where is that said
>>
>>50941646
He was trying to move the goalposts because he was proven wrong.
>>
>>50941611
If you played Rise of the Runelords it makes sense to have robots on it.
You can introduce them from the fourth chapter, as auxiliary to the stone giants unearthed by Lord Mokmurian.
>>
>>50941719
Where goes the line between a robot and a metallic golem?
>>
>>50941724
Robot has mechanical parts in it. Golem is just an animated statue.
>>
>>50941727
So what about Inevitables?
>>
>>50941732
They're outsiders with construct-like traits, not constructs as such.
>>
>>50941727
Golems doesn't have an actual intelligence. They pretty much behave like the enemis of an 8 bit era vidya.
Robots are able of actual learning and priori thinking.
>>
>haven't played a game in maybe two years due to work and other things
>play by post always dies, often in the first round if combat
>never played via comms or chat
>don't even know where to look for games like that
>even if I got into one, worried that my random-ass work schedule would preclude me from playing
>not even that worried about lewds, I just want to play
>>
File: 1462795172923.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462795172923.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>50941284
What is 2hu doing in that thread?
>>
File: 1468465533610.jpg (65KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1468465533610.jpg
65KB, 600x534px
What are your favorite archetypes, /pfg/?
>>
>>50941931
Asmodean Advocate tickles my funny boner.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-cdrHiGd0

Is this what characters in the dragon game are supposed to be like?
>>
>>50941931
I like Witch as a class but can't decide on an ideal archetype.
>>
>>50941955
Gosh I hope so.
>>
>>50941964
Archetypeless witch is best witch.
>>
File: CxTDF9BUQAAYILC.png (776KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CxTDF9BUQAAYILC.png
776KB, 800x800px
>>50941977
I want a non-prepared casting witch...
>>
>>50941982
Play a Sphere witch, min-max that Conjuration and Weather.
>>
>>50941986
>min-max
Fuck off.
>>
>>50941977
archetypeless sems great but
>familiars
>your familiar is your spellbook.
no thanks.
thats why I keep rolling a cartomancer, at least I don't have to manage a killable spellbook and lose all my fuckin' spells
>>
How should Western kitsune work?
>>
>>50942075
Cute.
>>
>>50942075
by being actual furries and not fucking anime girls
>>
>>50942075
Why is the fox NOT the one in the Japanese clothes?
>>
>>50942103
Because as a trickster it's trying to blend into society better?
>>
>>50942075
Be old-school faerie. Be fucking terrifying. Like, 20% Pathfinder fey and 167% Cthulhu.
>>
>>50942075
Huldra. They have an animal part (cow tail, cow ears) that they're embarassed about, but they just want to be loved by people. They're nature spirits with physical forms.

They don't have the *intent* to deceive, but they're embarrassed by not being people
>>
Hey! Hey! I'm going to slip a character into Molthune Knights at the last second, is there any character looks or styles you think would be particularly heartthrob or gush-worthy? I'm going for a real ladykiller here, a proper man to woo the heart of a busty old Kitsune!
>>
>>50942164
>they're embarrassed by not being people
I know that feel ;=;
>>
>>50942164

>Hulder
>Not intentionally deceiving

The point of those creatures is they intentionally deceive you up until the moment you see through the deception. The only way to break a Hulder's seductive spells is to notice the tail or back.
>>
>>50942075

By taking western conceptions of the fox and splashing a bit of Reynard on it.

Which would make a race of cunning, charming tricksters and insatiable fuck-sluts that burn through lovers as often as they burn through disguises.
>>
File: cd69a6cebd9d94a8bd4011883933a4a7.jpg (469KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
cd69a6cebd9d94a8bd4011883933a4a7.jpg
469KB, 752x1062px
>>50942075
That tail is way too small.

How big and fluffy should a kitsune's tail be, /pfg/?
>>
>>50939216
I might actually play this mostly on account of having a chance to make and play a bunch of different concepts at once. But will there be waifus? This is important.
>>
File: 1461913730186.jpg (367KB, 1033x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1461913730186.jpg
367KB, 1033x1230px
>>50942131
>Be old-school faerie.

So a mix of helpful, dickish, and somewhere in between, just like humans?
>>
File: 9c076ab7990b52ef86383cb34fdb0c08.jpg (408KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
9c076ab7990b52ef86383cb34fdb0c08.jpg
408KB, 778x1100px
>>50942226
Make a shota trap who can warm up the big titty kitsune foxwife matriarch's heart!
>>
File: Big ol fire dragon.jpg (77KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Big ol fire dragon.jpg
77KB, 640x400px
Brainstorming ideas for the dragon game. Currently thinking of an Ungermaw/Draconic Hero Alchemist who is basically the janitor of the demiplane and uses Draw breath to vacuum up the dirt and pests in people's hordes for a living. Is this an okay idea, or just plain stupid?
>>
>>50942358
Nah, just borrow someone for a hundred years to party.
>>
>>50942367

That's a really gross idea! What spurred this man to live a life of utter filth?
>>
>>50942363

Doesn't she have a type?

That type apparently being rustic countryman?

Avowed (Fey) || Slayer incoming get hype.
>>
>>50939216

Sounds fun. 3 characters means I could play 3 monks.
>>
>>50942378
She used to be an adventurer who used her abilities to go around and fuck up goblins, but eventually got bored with the whole thing. Afterwards, she realized that since she spent most of her life killing shit that she hadn't picked up many other skills, so she ended up using her vacuum for grunt work to help make ends meet.
>>
>>50942406

>Sucks like a Hoover

Neat.gif
>>
File: 53512712_p0.jpg (255KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
53512712_p0.jpg
255KB, 565x800px
>>50942387
Because of seeing too many middle aged warriors grow old and die, she probably wants a young (but legal!) boy who can live for hundreds of years!
>>
>>50942377
Or help someone make shoes with no strings attached and no catches.
>>
File: ```````````````````````.jpg (212KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
```````````````````````.jpg
212KB, 1032x774px
>>50942433
As long as they never mention your existence to anybody else, right?
>>
>>50942367
>>50942406

Well its not bad, But one of the things about Ungermaw is that it makes the character really REALLY hungry. Like hunger unending.

and you haven't really touched on that.
>>
>>50942441
No, that wasn't in the story.
>>
How do we fix the shadowdancer /pfg/.

Remove the per day restriction on its shadow jump to start? So it becomes a "you may use dimension door at will as long as both the start and end point are shadowed. The range of this for 4th level is 40ft and it doubles every 2 levels".

Give it sneak attack progression?

Maybe nuke the shadow / spell likes in favor of being able to do other shit?
>>
>>50942453
Was it not? Gosh it's been so long I barley remember anything about it. What's it called again?
>>
>>50942461
Why not give it evangelist progression?
>>
>>50942465
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elves_and_the_Shoemaker
>>
>>50942471
That helps a lot.
>>
Which Path of War 1/Expanded disciplines are the ones /pfg/ thinks are overpowered?
>>
>>50942492
Do we have to do this?
>>
File: 1461134611197.jpg (1004KB, 1328x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1461134611197.jpg
1004KB, 1328x1055px
>>50942498
Yes.
>>
>>50942498
Balance stuff is evergreen subject
>>
File: 1474775300074.gif (187KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474775300074.gif
187KB, 500x450px
>Molthune GM isn't using the downtime rules

Is it confirmed that he's a shit tier hack GM now?
>>
>>50942527
how many have even read the downtime rules
>>
>>50940600
Psionics is "Look at this goo that I just found. I say it's a wall now."

Magic is "Someone made a wall on the plane of earth, I'm gonna summon that."
>>
File: 58719100_p0_master1200.jpg (788KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58719100_p0_master1200.jpg
788KB, 849x1200px
What race has the cutest girls?

What race has the sexiest girls?

Hard Mode: No humans or part-humans.

Nightmare Mode: No kitsune.
>>
>>50942527
It says right on the LFG that downtime rules will be used.
>>
>>50942554
>Magic is "Someone made a wall on the plane of earth, I'm gonna summon that."
[citation needed]
>>
File: No please stop.jpg (428KB, 862x928px) Image search: [Google]
No please stop.jpg
428KB, 862x928px
>>50942559
>>
File: 1471889862359.jpg (159KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471889862359.jpg
159KB, 408x600px
>>50942560
Not any more.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4429202/

Turns out he's a shit tier, good for nothing, fucking worthless GM.
>>
>>50942559
Hate to break it to you, but the image you're using is a boy.

From Re:zero.
>>
>>50942568

then dont apply you jackass
>>
>>50942559
>cutest
Gnomes
>sexiest
Androids
>>
File: when I say go.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
when I say go.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>50942554
>Psionics is "Look at this goo that I just found.

When I "Go," be ready to manifest Ectoplasmic Cocoon!

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/ectoplasmic-cocoon
>>
File: 2994ee92c772266b8a065e60ee4925ea.jpg (318KB, 1127x824px) Image search: [Google]
2994ee92c772266b8a065e60ee4925ea.jpg
318KB, 1127x824px
>>50942578
>implying we don't already know that
>>
>>50942578
You say that like it's a problem
>>
File: 1482511769840.jpg (264KB, 1562x1769px) Image search: [Google]
1482511769840.jpg
264KB, 1562x1769px
>>50942559

Cutest
Halfings

Sexiest
All of em.
>>
File: CtQlwKBWgAAQAkB.jpg (76KB, 850x733px) Image search: [Google]
CtQlwKBWgAAQAkB.jpg
76KB, 850x733px
>>50942559
Aasimar for both, as they can be a mixture of just about any race with idealized celestial beings.
>>
>>50942602
Those feet look weird as heck.
>>
>>50942527
Considering that all of Paizo's optional rulesystems are shit, not really.
>>
>>50942613

Tell me a single artist on the planet that can draw good feet.
>>
>Airvessel is going down
>Literally jumping through the structure like nowhing up to a city tower once we pass near
>Rest of the group except the wizard perish on the crash
And they laughed at the monk

Behold 20 on acrobatics and literally taking 10 made that life or death situation a stroll on the park, fuck I even made the 50 ft jump and grabbed to the tower
>>
File: 52895535_p0.jpg (1MB, 1016x1376px) Image search: [Google]
52895535_p0.jpg
1MB, 1016x1376px
>>50942618

https://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/109
>>
File: long-legs-comics.jpg (129KB, 675x780px) Image search: [Google]
long-legs-comics.jpg
129KB, 675x780px
>>50942618
Robert Liefeld
>>
>>50942602
Halfling with profession (cuddler) here I come. Services include baked goods, hair brushing, and of course cuddling!!!!
>>
File: 1445786468636.png (310KB, 477x724px) Image search: [Google]
1445786468636.png
310KB, 477x724px
>>50942622
>Rest of the group except the wizard perish on the crash

Well, of course.

They expected one of you in the wreckage.
>>
File: 1468125517267.jpg (118KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
1468125517267.jpg
118KB, 880x587px
>>50942614
He's a complete asshole of a GM if he promised downtime rules, then took the downtime rules away.
>>
File: 5EMBVXt.jpg (55KB, 762x388px) Image search: [Google]
5EMBVXt.jpg
55KB, 762x388px
>>50942568
I was looking forward to spreadsheet simulator.
>>
>>50942559

Cutest would be Azata-blooded Aasimar.

Sexiest would be demon-blooded Tiefling.
>>
>>50942640
Yes I know the ASMR-ling is stupid. I still love it anyways. Especially being as it's not that retarded commercial creepy-girlfriend whispery locked in a closet ASMR shit, but just a nice little harfling that wants to cuddle you, feed you pastries and take care of you for a few hours (and get paid for it).
>>
>>50942648
Not necessarily, could've been like
"Hey, these seem kind of cool, let's use them!"
and /pfg/ goes
"Haha, time to go full-munchkin and break everything!"
And the dm is like
"Sonnuva..."
>>
File: 1472854878599.png (16KB, 107x198px) Image search: [Google]
1472854878599.png
16KB, 107x198px
>>50942636
>>
>>50942609

I never realized how much I want an adorable Witchwolf Skinwalker daughteru until now!
>>
>>50942657
It was 2hu's fault because 2hu asked about the downtime rules.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4429202/
>>
>>50942668
Not that downtime rules were even good.
>>
>>50942655

She's one thigh-fucking away from being a courtesan, from the way you describe it.
>>
>>50939425
http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/kingsglaive.html
>>
>>50942648
Eh, not really. Changing your mind about rules before starting the game is okay. Now, if he unilaterally did it after the game had started, THEN he'd be a complete asshole. This is at best mildly asshole-ish.
>>
>>50942692
I'd say even that's not an asshole move if you allow the characters a chance to change things for free. If they thought they could handle something, but it turns out they can't then something has to change.
>>
>You will never duo-app as the Android bodyguard of a young man who narrowly escaped the labs of the Technic League
>>
>>50942678
How dare you insult the honored halfling profession of cuddling. Only human strumpets or Elven whores do the courtesan shit. Dwarves sought out the secrets of professional cuddling from the halflings centuries ago but still weren't able to quite get the authentic experience right.

It is a strictly non-sexual arrangement. Only the lowest class expect sex out of it, just like only the lowest of the low expect a handjob at a spa.
>>
>>50942707
I renamed the technic league into the technocracy because it's easier to say.
>>
>>50942672
They're good if you're not an autist about spreadsheets.
>>
>>50942678
Anyone have an image of that motherly Lalafell NPC?
>>
>>50942717

The only reason I've ever used Downtime rules was to figure out how much buildings cost.
>>
File: Kamina Hero.jpg (52KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina Hero.jpg
52KB, 630x345px
>>50942707
>You will get to duo-app as a lazy super intelligent flirt along with your adorable tsun sister

#comfyknights
>>
File: PFG Healer.jpg (973KB, 3015x2401px) Image search: [Google]
PFG Healer.jpg
973KB, 3015x2401px
>>50942726
>>
>>50942559
Sexiest is Pitborn. I will violently assault all who disagree!
>>
>>50942717
Oh? What, exactly, is good about them?
>>
>>50942738
>I will violently assault all who disagree!

You don't need to assault someone for the truth, you strumpet!
>>
New Thread:

>>50942765
>>50942765
>>50942765
>>50942765
>>
Actual thread

>>50942768
>>50942768
>>50942768
>>50942768
>>
>>50942773
Just delete it, you were too late.
>>
>>50939091
>>50939091
>>50939091
Actual actual thread, which is only at page 3.
>>
>>50942798

Not untill you stop your faggotry
>>
>>50942766
>>50942773
>>50942800
Stop fucking doing this every time.

Wait till page eight, stop using shitty OP images.
>>
>>50942492
Primal Fury and Broken Blade are poorly mathed, Strength of Hell is far too powerful as a boost, Thrashing Dragon gets weird if you have more than two weapons, and Silver Crane is damage: yes against undead and fiends.

Also boost + full attack is generally superior to boost + strike in terms of pure numbers, just in general.
>>
>>50942865

You're right, but i'm posting it up again when this thread gets to something more acceptable.
>>
>>50942933
Why are you so insistent on spamming the board.
>>
>>50942942

Because the other guy is an absoulte fuckwit
>>
>>50942953
So in response you decide to be one as well. Okay.
>>
>>50942963

yeah pretty much
>>
>>50942919
If I had my way we'd only have strikes and counters, or actives and reactives - doing interesting things with a Swift is fine, just no 'buffs'. Boosts are flawed; there's no need to raise the damage bar when that was NEVER the problem with martials.
>>
>>50942994
Honestly, I like Strikes, Boosts, and Counters - I just hate how Boost/Stance/Full Attack blows everything else out of the water. ESPECIALLY 1pp stuff. If you avoid Strength of Hell, Broken Blade, Primal Fury, and full attacks outside of strikes? PoW is much more functional.
>>
>>50942773
Kek. El deleto strikes again.
>>
>>50943028
Isn't Scarlet Throne also a problem discipline?
>>
>>50943326
I've heard very few complaints about it, at least in comparison to broken blade.
>>
>>50942994
>>50943028
Correction: Boosts that do nothing except add damage to attacks are flawed.

There are dozens of really interesting boosts that create fun fighting styles.
>>
>>50941704
CRB Page 71:
>These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of through study.

CRB page 220:
>With permission from the GM, sorcerers and bards can also select the spells they gain from new and unusual spells that they come across while adventuring.

If those spells are in a book, they can be learned.
>>
>>50942648
>downtime rules
>two of the most autistic numbercrunchers on 4chan
>same game
I'd say fuck that noise with a rake.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.