[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tabletop System for Valkyria Chronicles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Platoon Seven.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Platoon Seven.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Recently, I bought Valkyria Chronicles Remastered and was reminded how much I love the game and its world's charm along with the gameplay, making me want to play a tabletop game with friends based on it. I already have a few friends who are also fans of the game and of tabletop interested in it, so I'm good on the group-front for now. What I need is a system for our group to run it with. I've seen a conversion of Only War floating around in the past, but from what I've seen, it only has chapter 1 and most of 2 done (with no advances and example potentials included) with no equipment or anything to go along with it. Can anyone point me in the right direction either for a more updated version of that conversion or another tabletop system that would run a Valkyria Chronicles-style game well?
>>
>>50937404
Sure.

Flames of War.
>>
>>50937404
Twilight 2000
>>
GURPS.

Or d20 Modern.
>>
>>50937404
Twilight 2000 or GURPS, depending on how much granuality you want to have.
>>
>>50937404

I'd directly post the link but 4chan thinks the link is spam so just google: Only War: Valkyria Chronicles.

It's the Warhammer 40K RPG system reskinned to fit the Valkyria Chronicles universe,
>>
>>50943711
That link, as OP said, is half cooked.
>>
If you wanted a Wargame, Infinity basically is the same mechanism of VC. Same unit can activate multiple times, and cover each other against enemy activations with fire.
>>
>>50939941
Flames of War isn't suited to replicating the kind of stuff you do in VC. Bolt Action is a better method for playing those kind of fights. But they're not RPGs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.