[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like your fantasy dystopias?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Elesh_Norn.jpg (70KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh_Norn.jpg
70KB, 500x400px
I wanted to run a D&D game with a fantasy dystopia but I haven't run into any.

How do you like your dystopias?

I think the only way a kingdom could become a dystopia is if it is cut off from other kingdoms or the king has tight control over contact with other kingdoms. A lawful evil kingdom with strick laws and practices that everyone must follow and everyone must follow.
>>
>>50935491
Like all dystopias I like: highly functional.

People in Dystopias easily get into the mindset of just following the law and order without much noise. Thus, the system keeps functional.

But of course, the players and PC:s realize how horrible the system is, in the end.
>>
I could see a kingdom run by some tyrannical human figure, maybe a cleric, that enforces strict rules over society. There could be statues of him all over the city, big brother like watching everyone.

You would have to look at the D&D patheon to see if there are any gods that would work. You could also just make one yourself to fit the world
>>
>>50935491

Consider looking up the 3e setting Midnight. It's essentially a setting where the local equivalent of Sauron has won the war.
>>
>>50935491
Consider looking up the "Immortals" setting on (immortalpedia)
A few of the main civilizations are dystopic, its pretty interesting.

>>50935769
>People in Dystopias easily get into the mindset of just following the law and order without much noise. Thus, the system keeps functional.
Exactly
>>
>>50935491
I'd like more dystopia's that aren't just regular dictatorships. A big part of a dystopia for me is that it puts on the veneer of a utopia, and for a lot of people living in it, it appears to be.
>>
>>50935491
A civilization of machines that were left roaming the universe after humanity went extinct.
They feel like they are the sons of man so they try to simulate normal human life as much as they can without really getting it.
They wear clothes, drive big cars, have mail, go to curch on sundays and their planets are just massive suburbia a la American 50's, where every house is the same but with a different color and everyone roots for the local sports team.
Keeping this life style requires ungodly amounts of resources so they have to constantly invade other planets to extract as much resources as they can to keep their beautiful, perfect, spotless society living in fancy wooden houses and get the oil for their old massive cars.
Anyone who doesn't like it is an anticitizen and gets executed immediately.
>>
Ba Sing Se
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.