[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me, Magos, but if the technology exists to replace body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Excuse me magos.jpg (52KB, 438x354px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me magos.jpg
52KB, 438x354px
Excuse me, Magos, but if the technology exists to replace body parts with mechanized versions that are objectively superior in every way that matters, why does the Imperium not use this technology for its elite Guardsmen and Assassins? The assassins who specialize in infiltration by disguising themselves as xenos, sure, but the Karskins and Sisters of Battle ought to be more effective with cybernetics.
>>
>>50913083
Hang yourself, shitposter.
>>
File: straken.jpg (349KB, 1100x1517px) Image search: [Google]
straken.jpg
349KB, 1100x1517px
>>50913083
We've been doing that for years you idiot.
>>
>>50913083
Not worth it from a cost/benefit perspective.
>>
>>50913083
>and Assassins?
Assassins all have some kind of mechanical augmentation. Most notably the eversor, with its mechanical second heart.

Don't make these threads for really obvious shit that you didn't feel like reading up on your own. It just makes people answer your dumbass question and insult you.
>>
>>50913083
>elite Guardsmen
Not worth the effort when putting some humans of both sexes in a room will make more humans. Guardsmen, even the 'elite' ones, are deployed by the bucketload and only get bionics if they're important enough to justify the expensive, hard to produce augments.

>Assassins
They do
>>
>>50913097
This.
A thousand times, this.
>>
>>50913288
I agree.
>>
File: take the knot.png (31KB, 180x232px) Image search: [Google]
take the knot.png
31KB, 180x232px
>>50913097
I heard about someone being hung and came as soon as I could. Who needs the knot?
>>
>>50913083
You fucking retard, all assassins are already full with cybernetics.

Hell, the Eversor is so chuckful of cybernetics, if the Eversor doesn't accomplish its objective within a set time period, it fucking explodes.
>>
>>50913083
>elite guardsmen
Skitarii.

>Assassins
The AdMech assassins exist, and all assassin temples work with the AdMech.
Kinda impossible to augment someone to that extend without the AdMech involved.
>>
>>50913083
Elite Guardsmen do get bionics though, the only current example is Straken as >>50913101 pointed out, but in previous editions you could equip your entire regiment with bionic upgrades if you wanted. It wasn't very good, being 25pts per squad for a 6+ invuln, but it was a thing.
>>
>>50916562
>>50916716
Quit being a faggot. Everyone knows these are forced meme threads, so you can stop making and bumping your shit threads with these gay forced discussions.

You sound retarded as fuck.
>>
You're absolutely right, Enginseer! Every man, woman, and child in the military services of the Imperium should be heavily augmented! We'll give them MIU-controlled power armor, redundant organs for durability, advanced healing, reflex boosters...

Hang on, do you know what I just realized? I've been describing the Space Marines! You know, the Omnissaiah's own grandsons? The super-soldiers whose every left buttcheek contains more geno- and techno-arcana than most planets? And whose creation process is so secretive and resource-intensive that even at the height of the Imperium the Omnissaiah himself only made about two million of them to prosecute a war against the entire galaxy? Yes, I thought you'd heard of them.

Oh don't fret, of course we can replace the Guard and all the PDF regiments with knockoff would-be Space Marines! We'll just need to retask the entire Mechanicus fleet to mine asteroids for iron and platinum group metals (instead of transporting the holy God-Machines or maintaining infrastructure or what have you) in order to gather the raw materials. Should only take about ten millennia! Perhaps you would like to lead the expedition?

No? Then shut up and drain my refuse cylinders before I have you scrapped.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.