[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 mins of silence >oh, its my turn? LOL!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1453321297255.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453321297255.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>5 mins of silence
>oh, its my turn? LOL!!!
>>
File: 1481150445475.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481150445475.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>50909289
>>
If you aren't reminding someone for five whole minutes then you're being a moron too.
>>
>>50909289
>Notice that Debbie doesn't seem to know it's her turn
>"Debbie, you're up"

Just solved the problem
>>
I have TWO of these assholes in my group

even when they ARE paying attention, they take FOREVER to decide what they're going to do, because they've never bothered to read the rules or anything beyond the basic abilities of whatever class/role they're playing.

So EVERY round of combat lasts fucking HALF AN HOUR because it gets to them and then stalls while they try to figure out what they can do/get brought up to speed about what happened during the last round.
>>
File: 1419027311811.png (386KB, 875x669px) Image search: [Google]
1419027311811.png
386KB, 875x669px
>Five minutes of hmms, sighs, humphs, and picking something to do before shaking head and putting it back
>One guy has placed his phone on the table with a stopwatch running
>Finally makes a move
>Because I'm to his left, I always finish my move in less than ten seconds because I've had all the time in the world to think of what I'm going to do
>>
>waiting on a guy to finish his turn, know what I want to do
>daydream or check book or something
>"hey anon it's your turn now"
>lost track of what I was going to do and have to take a moment to think of it again
>>
>>50909289
If your players are regularly zoning out like that it means your game is boring them.
>>
>>50912384
This is why I pay close attention in combat. I want to be able to perform my turn as quickly and efficiently as possible.
>>
>>50912830
Pretty much

I often do my turn in under 20 seconds, only for the next guy to go 'Uuuuuuh, let me look at my character again' and spend five minutes deciding what to do.
>>
>>50912856
I feel you.

"What's my damage again?"
"Is this a d20?"
"How many guys are left?"

"Which one is the d6"
Me "the cube"
"oh ok"
then he picks up a d8

I have a player that I seriously question his intelligence.
>>
>>50912830
Yeah I've usually decided what I'm going to do before my turn. Also, it helps that group preforms like a medieval swat team.
>>
>>50912799
>if you're players are regularly zoning out, stop playing with people with ADD
ftfy
>>
File: Cannedhate.jpg (22KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cannedhate.jpg
22KB, 250x300px
>Player calls roll he made "Natural X", no modifiers or anything.
>"Anon, you need to add your modifiers; 'Natural' only really matters if you roll a twenty to hit and get critical."
>Anon: "Oh, right, sorry. I get result Y."
>Next roll: anon, "Natural X."

SERIOUSLY? EVERY FUCKING ROLL WE HAD TO REMIND HIM.

I've never been happier for a campaign to end - and it was Return to Castle Ravenloft (one of my faves). Thank god we were only playing the short version.
>>
>>50913209
>I'm not a shit GM, the players have a disorder! All of them! Every single one!

Okay.
>>
>ITT: newb gamers complaining about other newb gamers
filthy plebs, all of you
>>
File: gottagofast.png (32KB, 234x263px) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.png
32KB, 234x263px
I'm in the other end of the spectrum. Whenever I finished a turn in MTG I used to ask almost immediately after if it was my turn, then when playing Civ5 with friends it sounded something like "Pass the turn. Why aren't you passing the turn? PasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturnPasstheturn. Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Your icon's still blinking, pass the turn. Finally! I'm done, now pass the turn."
>>
>>50914698
>Person has new gamer in their group
>They must be new themselves!
So how's that mental retardation working out for you anon?
>>
>be me
>harrumph and hem and haw over every turn in a strategy game
>complete RPG turns instantaneously due to the inherent simplicity of RPGs in comparison

You just have to move one dude. I don't get what is hard about this. I can understand a bit of slowdown if stakes are REALLY HIGH, but otherwise wat.
>>
>>50914551
Just start taking what he calls as the final result. Either he realizes he's getting much lower numbers than anyone else or he's actually a retard.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.